Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

• 2 months later...

I think it is time to re-evaluate this..

This amount is way too much for a HDB flat..

I live in the Potong Pasir Estate for the past 24 years.

Over the recent CNY period, I was told by a housing agent friend that my 4-room HDB unit can be sold around SGD 500,000.2721d63124281_1_V550.jpg

I had this incredible look on me.

I cant imagine anyone wants to pay that much for a flat built in the 1980s.

Yes, it is pretty convenient and there is St. Andrew's and Cedar schools in the neighbourhood.

But that amount is simply obscene.

I am staying put because I have been living here since 1989.

I am too old to adapt to a new location - further away from downtown.

Guest Guest

Guess the point was why does it need to cost so much anyways

Regardless of the room size, HDB shld be affordable for the masses.

Someone managed to pay that price right? Isn't it affordable?

Those who cannot afford should know their limits and look at 3rm at other cheaper areas.  :rolleyes:

If everywhere is the same $200k, everyone would obviously want Tiong bahru and bishan.  

Over the recent CNY period, I was told by a housing agent friend that my 4-room HDB unit can be sold around SGD 500,000.

Potong Pasir Estate new condo now selling from 1100psf

Edited by snowball

Guest Guest

Someone managed to pay that price right? Isn't it affordable?

Those who cannot afford should know their limits and look at 3rm at other cheaper areas. :rolleyes:

If everywhere is the same $200k, everyone would obviously want Tiong bahru and bishan.

You seem happy. Are you a PR out to abuse the system? The white scum love making money out of those type.

Guest Malaysia Boleh!

Malaysia.... here I come!

Guess the point was why does it need to cost so much anyways

Regardless of the room size, HDB shld be affordable for the masses.

Guest Guest

Malaysia.... here I come!

I find it ironic. We dislike FTs but in the end we becomes one, annoying others. I would rather fight the evil doers and reclaim my birthrights than to run. They might still be a chance within 2016 n 2021. Not going down without a fight!

Guest Guest

I find it ironic. We dislike FTs but in the end we becomes one, annoying others. I would rather fight the evil doers and reclaim my birthrights than to run. They might still be a chance within 2016 n 2021. Not going down without a fight!

Your one vote is not enough.

Sinkies are selfish and not united, you need more jobless Sinkies to make it happen.

Guest gstc82

You seem happy. Are you a PR out to abuse the system? The white scum love making money out of those type.

You must be a peasant staying in low class outskirt areas like Boon Lay or Yishun.

Guest Guest

You must be a peasant staying in low class outskirt areas like Boon Lay or Yishun.

I'm just asking this guest a question, I never attack him. As for you gstc82 why you always so cheap? Whether the guest want to reply me is up to his discretion,who the fuck ask you to butt in? And why insult n drag Boon Lay and Yishun into this? A big FUCK YOU FROM ME, BOON LAY AND YISHUN! You fucking cunt.

Guest Guest

Your one vote is not enough.

Sinkies are selfish and not united, you need more jobless Sinkies to make it happen.

what you said is true to a large extent. I just hope my fellow men can wake up by now. I mean if the current situation is not fuck up enough I don't know what is! And Singaporeans who refuse to stand their ground n choose to escape or be a wimp understand that this is a weak characteristic , wimps will always be look down n bully by people no matter where you go. STAND AND FIGHT! Even if we lose at least we can tell ourselves we did try once and had no regrets., when we are old and dying.

I'm just asking this guest a question, I never attack him. As for you gstc82 why you always so cheap? Whether the guest want to reply me is up to his discretion,who the fuck ask you to butt in? And why insult n drag Boon Lay and Yishun into this? A big FUCK YOU FROM ME, BOON LAY AND YISHUN! You fucking cunt.

pls take note that whenever I post, I sign in hor. That msg was not posted by me.

Guest Guest

pls take note that whenever I post, I sign in hor. That msg was not posted by me.

ok roger my apologies to you. And to fake impostor you are very low.every one look down on your horrible act. I hope your mother die tonight asswipe.

Guest Guest

Geez you're not much better, cursing his mum just because he imposed as someone? What's wrong with you man

I never say I was good. Evil begets evil. Now stay out of this innocent bystander. This doesn't concern you don't get cross in the line of fire.

Guest Guest

Geez you're not much better, cursing his mum just because he imposed as someone? What's wrong with you man

Signs of an ill bred, no one to teach.

what you said is true to a large extent. I just hope my fellow men can wake up by now. I mean if the current situation is not fuck up enough I don't know what is! And Singaporeans who refuse to stand their ground n choose to escape or be a wimp understand that this is a weak characteristic , wimps will always be look down n bully by people no matter where you go. STAND AND FIGHT! Even if we lose at least we can tell ourselves we did try once and had no regrets., when we are old and dying.

This is demand vs supply issue or buyer vs seller issue.  Who do not want to sell his property at a highest price ? Is $1.01M HDB a scandal ? Is the transaction gone through ? Nobody verified it after that. If someone stated the law that HDBs are only for Singaporean, will the price of HDB go down ? Some rich singaporean are still willing to buy it at a highest price. So my conclusion is that the property market is depended on the people. If there is no buyer, the price will drop.. Want to stand up. Stop buying property !!!. FTs are not stupid to buy property with no return. Think about it.

Guest Guest

This is demand vs supply issue or buyer vs seller issue. Who do not want to sell his property at a highest price ? Is $1.01M HDB a scandal ? Is the transaction gone through ? Nobody verified it after that. If someone stated the law that HDBs are only for Singaporean, will the price of HDB go down ? Some rich singaporean are still willing to buy it at a highest price. So my conclusion is that the property market is depended on the people. If there is no buyer, the price will drop.. Want to stand up. Stop buying property !!!. FTs are not stupid to buy property with no return. Think about it.

Hi Danny, that quote you highlight iwas the one who post it. My "stand and fight" stance refer to imploring people to fight against the oppressive and unjust party in general. It's not meant to be direct at buyers or the demand/supply issue solely. Thanks. I think I put everything back in the proper context again for everyone. Cheers.

Guest Guest

Is it worth defending a impostor? Or are you the fake gstc82?

No, gstc82 is an elitist PAP bitch. 

I don't see any need to shield this dog, but you are unbecoming and equally disgusting as a separate dish.

Guest Guest

since im gay and wont getting a new BTO with a wife, i have purchased a 1 bedder loft penthouse unit at Geylang, freehold 650K+.

where to buy resales HDB that is new and near city w that price?

btw, streetwalkers dont bother me.

My question remains the same: Why should we be paying so much for an old HDB flat?

Granted that Bishan unit is SUPERIOR than others....

Are Singaporeans, genuine buyers who need the flats to live in and not to speculate....

aren't this astronomical amount out of reach? 

How many years are needed to repay the loans? 

I dare not think of the interest involved...

Guest Guest

No, gstc82 is an elitist PAP bitch.

I don't see any need to shield this dog, but you are unbecoming and equally disgusting as a separate dish.

Read up the whole thing again mister. My curse is direct at the FAKE GSTC82. In just one post he manage to stir shit, hurl personal insult, be a busybody, n insult 2 towns along the way. People can call me ill bred I accept these comment. What I can't tolerate is that fake impostor actions. If that impostor has a personal vendetta against resident bitch gstc82 by all mean go ahead have a go at him in a open and aboveboard way I don't mind. But the way he does things just to get a cheap thrill is totally lame and pathetic. That fuck is on a even lower level than the real gstc.

since im gay and wont getting a new BTO with a wife, i have purchased a 1 bedder loft penthouse unit at Geylang, freehold 650K+.

where to buy resales HDB that is new and near city w that price?

btw, streetwalkers dont bother me.

What is the total floor area.... I am interested to get such unit..

My question remains the same: Why should we be paying so much for an old HDB flat?

Granted that Bishan unit is SUPERIOR than others....

Are Singaporeans, genuine buyers who need the flats to live in and not to speculate....

aren't this astronomical amount out of reach?

How many years are needed to repay the loans?

I dare not think of the interest involved...

The ruling party has totally fail its citizens on this regard especially toward the 80s and 90s groups who wish to start a family. They must be taken out in 2016. All baby boomers generation pls help out our young ones now really is not the time to be selfish n look only at self interests. Look at the national issues at hand here. Haiz

Guest guest

the topic is abt the rising price of flats until $1.01 m of bishan flat.the foreigners are spoiling the market here in spore.

But unfortunately these local idiots are fighting here for nothing without responding to the topic.

what a shame.soon the foreigners will stay in hdb n locals will end up on street if our attitude continue to be like this.

think n act smart instead of fighting for nothing.

Just use our votes to set things right in 2016. Regarding hdb price no amount of discussion or points can change a single thing. This is the unique plight of today Singapore. The price we have to pay for being apathic to politics. No one can save us expect one thing, OUR consitution law. That's why we have to vote properly for once in our life. Do the right/wise thing people. The world are watching us.

Putting politics aside and not turn this topic into another slam-which-party topic:

if a guy marries at 30 and buys a HDB at BTO prices, ie. between SGD 225K and SGD 311K for a 4 room flat, he will have to service the loan of the flat for a minimum of 20 to 30 years?  What is left in the CPF account when he retires? 

Taken from http://newbtoflats.blogspot.sg/2011/04/price-of-new-bto-flats.html

First-time flat buyers are estimated to use 16% to 24% of their monthly household income to meet their monthly loan payments for flats in Fernvale Flora, Fernvale Gardens and Segar Vale. For example, a 4-room unit priced at $255,000 in Segar Vale, requires a monthly mortgage instalment of about $919. A family with a household income of $4,100 will be able to service this mortgage instalment solely using their CPF contributions.

And housing agent can work out the numbers?

Putting politics aside and not turn this topic into another slam-which-party topic:

if a guy marries at 30 and buys a HDB at BTO prices, ie. between SGD 225K and SGD 311K for a 4 room flat, he will have to service the loan of the flat for a minimum of 20 to 30 years? What is left in the CPF account when he retires?

And housing agent can work out the numbers?

my loan for my hdb flat is monthly any $900 for 25 years, loan amt abt $225k. So abang, for a married working couple is a sure damn easy way of owning a flat.

I think this is the exception rather than the norm. 1 mil will certainly make headlines at this point in our lives. 

But as time goes by, flats will be more expensive. So you will hear more 1 mil cases by the time we get older. 

Inflation will also go up. So too will wages in general. So are we to say flats will not ordinarily cost 1 mil in 30 years time? 20 to 30 years ago, flats only cost several tens of thousand of dollars in general. 

Yes the value of the flat is reflected as inflation.

My flat was sold at SGD 80,000 in 1984.

30 years later, it went up 6 folds.

If someone earns SGD 1000 in 1984, should he gets a minimum of SGD 6000?

But then again, is it me or otherwise, I find the flats getting smaller.

Mine is 1040 square feet but my good friend has only about 850 square feet for the same type of flat in Admiralty.

Another guy has 1210 square feet for a 5-room in Sengkang.

I have also to say that the design of the flats nowadays don't seem to promote family union...

The kitchen is way too small!

Guest Guest

I need Malaysian help on housing matter. Just came back from jb at a friend house warming party. He is only 27 earn 2.8k ringgit per mth. He bought an apartment for himself through bank loan n mortgage term is 15 yrs. the apartment which is slightly larger than our 3 room flat is only 180k ringgit. Can any Malaysian here tell me is it true?! If its true then all the discussion on local housing price is totally horse shit. MIW give me a reason why I should give you my vote. Other ppl got a future you only give us debts and despair.

I think this is the exception rather than the norm. 1 mil will certainly make headlines at this point in our lives.

But as time goes by, flats will be more expensive. So you will hear more 1 mil cases by the time we get older.

Inflation will also go up. So too will wages in general. So are we to say flats will not ordinarily cost 1 mil in 30 years time? 20 to 30 years ago, flats only cost several tens of thousand of dollars in general.

In Singapore, wage will never catch up with the rate of inflation. Hdb must never open up to open market and speculation. It should instead provide affordable public housing to people, that was hdb original origin n purpose! But they will never set things right again cos COE and HDB are their cash cows, god know how much revenue they rake up. And for middle age man a hdb flat is the most prize possession in their live asking them to do the right thing is like asking them to die.Get real this is not real wealth these are just tools to choke you by the neck to enslave you to the empire. No wonder people say Sg men are stupid and useless. They have been break n made ball less by decades of indoctrinations.

I think it is time to re-evaluate this..

This amount is way too much for a HDB flat..

Over the recent CNY period, I was told by a housing agent friend that my 4-room HDB unit can be sold around SGD 500,000.2721d63124281_1_V550.jpg

I cant imagine anyone wants to pay that much for a flat built in the 1980s.

Yes, it is pretty convenient and there is St. Andrew's and Cedar schools in the neighbourhood.

But that amount is simply obscene.

I am staying put because I have been living here since 1989.

I am too old to adapt to a new location - further away from downtown.

Bang....like u said... Location, Location, Location... Yes, your place is easily worth much more... Yours is the old but big HDB... Buangkok area 4 room is already worth in range of $500k...

That EM is good deal (less facilities) because Bishan's Sky Habitat selling at $1600-$1800 per square feet by Capitaland.

Also, there are very limited number of EA and EM around.

These were built in the early years for grassroot leaders to buy only....

U just need to support the right side and you be well taken care of... Go wear white....

In some way, the cost of land is a big big mystery. No one really knows the formula (if there is any) on how the cost of land is derived. 

I do tend to agree that HDB should price its new flats in accordance to how much cost it incurs to build those flats, plus land costs, not by how much the market is willing to pay for them. 

People do get "richer" because they buy new flats at "subsidized" prices, sell at a profit, buy a second new flat at subsidized prices again, and then sell for a profit again. For some, the accumulated profit can actually enable one to buy private property, without taking on such a large loan as they would otherwise have to, in addition to using their accumulated savings. When they retire, they can then "downgrade" to a smaller flat, or do a reverse mortgage on their current flat, to unlock the value of their flat. 

Guest Guest

There is a trade off hor. Although cheaper, but non mature is very far. eg. jurong west, sembawang woodlands. I dont think they will give us punggol.

Bros,

pls take note setback of 2 rooms flat. They are not allow to be sublet (becos of the size) if you need extra income. Moreover, if it is going to far away from the city only, this made it less rentable even the rule is amend.

ofcos, if you have no such intention and is willing to stay in non mature estate.. it is petty fine then.

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.