Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

Even the flat is $127k still cheaper than a 3 rm resale flat lar. If those singles who earn 2.5k and above shld be able to afford one.

$127,000 for a 40sq m shoebox apartment is surely one of the most expensive for public housing in the world!

Based on the affordable home calculation, the price of housing should be not more than 3 times your annual income.

If based on this calculation, one should be earning approx. $43,000 pa in order to afford this.

If you are just earning a $3,000 salary, it means the apartment is costing about 3.6 times of your annual income!

In the US, a typical home is only about 2.6 times of the annual income.

But in our current situation where housing prices are shooting thru the roof, one has little choice but to accept this "affordable" solution.

Yeah lor.....quite misleading one right.....only when 2 single will those very low wages will get that much of subsidises.....just imagine AHG $20,000 X2 person = $40,000 plus SHG $10,000X 2 person = $10,000 but they will not tell you that is for 2 persons.....they just put "For 2-room flats, assumed Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG) of $40,000 and Special CPF Housing Grant (SHG) of $20,000." so those who generally dun read will think that they have so much grant per person.

Look at the breakdown of grant under "Amount of Grant": http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatSHGSingles?OpenDocument

Not all people will get the full amount even if you earn below $2.5K lor....... at the wages range of $2,001 to $2,250, you will only get $2,500 out of $10,000 nia.

it's best to go Hdb and find out. There are officers there to guide you thru the whole process.

$127,000 for a 40sq m shoebox apartment is surely one of the most expensive for public housing in the world!

Based on the affordable home calculation, the price of housing should be not more than 3 times your annual income.

If based on this calculation, one should be earning approx. $43,000 pa in order to afford this.

If you are just earning a $3,000 salary, it means the apartment is costing about 3.6 times of your annual income!

But in our current situation where housing prices are shooting thru the roof, one has little choice but to accept this "affordable" solution.

hi. U can always rent.

I will be going down to Toa Payoh Hub tomolo to look at the miniature mock up of the flats to get a better understanding of the flat area and structure. ^_^

Should i be balloted and picked for the smaller 37sqm unit.....I will just forgo it and try again.....I want my 47sqm one. ;)

Guest GUEST

in the near future the gov will have difficulty controling this group of ppl, when their 2 room flat are fully paid using CPF. Gov can only control those ppl who are staying in bigger flats and make this ppl work like a slave.

I will be going down to Toa Payoh Hub tomolo to look at the miniature mock up of the flats to get a better understanding of the flat area and structure. ^_^

Should i be balloted and picked for the smaller 37sqm unit.....I will just forgo it and try again.....I want my 47sqm one. ;)

Take picture and post hor! See which fittings is included, thinking most of the nice nice do-up all have to pay.

in the near future the gov will have difficulty controling this group of ppl, when their 2 room flat are fully paid using CPF. Gov can only control those ppl who are staying in bigger flats and make this ppl work like a slave.

You think too much lah. Only 3800 people, control what. Plus their average income only $1800, pay until when?

Just uploaded yesterday's Channel News Asia news clip about the overwhelming response by LGBT & other singles to HDB's 2-room BTO flats to YouTube:

Thanks for the link. ^_^

Really feeling an achievement sending in my application already.....it is a real tough fight for Sengkang now....wonder if I am successful, would there be lotsa of ajs neighbours in my future neighbourhood. ;)

Just uploaded Channel News Asia's interview with this Malay single guy who just turned 35 about the overwhelming response to HDB's new 2-room flat offer:

He's over 35 and still single and wants to take care of his mother who will live with him in the flat. Does he ping your gaydar? :)

Edited by groyn88

Really feeling an achievement sending in my application already.....it is a real tough fight for Sengkang now....wonder if I am successful, would there be lotsa of ajs neighbours in my future neighbourhood. ;)

Haha, like approximately only 5% of world population is gay. If split half-half, 2.5% is male. Then only 155 flats, if half-half get the flat, means only you and 0.55 person more is gay male (but make sure he also live in Seng Kang lah). Whoohoo! The rest is 老处女 and 剩女.

Consolation price, a lot of young ajs in seng kang and punggol. You like virgins? :whistle:

Haha, like approximately only 5% of world population is gay. If split half-half, 2.5% is male. Then only 155 flats, if half-half get the flat, means only you and 0.55 person more is gay male (but make sure he also live in Seng Kang lah). Whoohoo! The rest is 老处女 and 剩女.

Consolation price, a lot of young ajs in seng kang and punggol. You like virgins? :whistle:

looks like its much more than 5% to me:)

Based on the affordable home calculation, the price of housing should be not more than 3 times your annual income.

If HDB didn't offer BTO to singles, if based on ur calculation then those who earn 3k n below will never able to afford a public housing. Cos resale flat even much more higher than the BTO 127k!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Just uploaded Channel News Asia's interview with this Malay single guy who just turned 35 about the overwhelming response to HDB's new 2-room flat offer:

He's over 35 and still single and wants to take care of his mother who will live with him in the flat. Does he ping your gaydar? :)

2 persons staying in a 2 rm flat?! But if he apply under singles scheme, his mother cannot stay with him wht?!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I went to see the mock up unit of the 2 rm 45sqm at HDB liao. Not a bad place for 1 person who doesn't have many stuff and things, cos the bedrm a bit small, if u opt to buy a queen size bed, there is not much space left even to place a small table. But if place a single or super single bed, then the bedrm slightly bigger a bit. But when i went to see the 3 rm mock, it is 65sqm but the flat looks so much bigger, esp the master bed rm.

I wld think they shld upsize a bigger bedrm since 2 rm only have 1 bedrm. Other then tht, I find the kitchen n living rm quite ok for the 2 rm flat. No mock up unit for the smaller 2 rm flat, but dun think i will like it cos no rm door n comes with partition, dun like such layout.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

The rule is minimum, one single 35 and above, earn less than 5k, after that, you want 10 person live in it also can.

Mickymouse flat is supposed to not put so many things one mah. Else do like condo, partition it to be a loft (have a staircase to the bed, underneath is walk-in wardrobe and study room). Some condo even have home shelter ok.

Hydronaut and alien, you guys can go Ikea as they have showrooms size of 1 room/2 room/studio flats. You can also visit the Rest & Relax showrooms as they too have mock up 2 room/studio show flats. They offer great deco tips.

Haha, wait till i successfully got the flat. Now getting the BTO 2 rm flat like buying TOTO, 99% wld not strike!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

The rule is minimum, one single 35 and above, earn less than 5k, after that, you want 10 person live in it also can.

Mickymouse flat is supposed to not put so many things one mah. Else do like condo, partition it to be a loft (have a staircase to the bed, underneath is walk-in wardrobe and study room). Some condo even have home shelter ok.

Agreed, such small flat need to plan carefully to max the place.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

2 person join name then can get $16000, studio hdb just can stay 30 years, i wonder how if > 30years, need to rent from them?

according to hdb, in the event if the occupant were to live beyond 30 years, he may opt to rent the studio apartment subject to hdb's approval
btw, studio apartments are for applicants who are 55 & above and they do not enjoy any housing grant

your feedback will be greatly appreciated

2 person join name then can get $16000, studio hdb just can stay 30 years, i wonder how if > 30years, need to rent from them?

Studio apartment for $16,000???

Where you heard it from?

Studio apartments are similar in size and design as a 2 rm flat and are at least $90,000 and above depending on location and floor level.

They are leased out for only 30 years to those 55 years old and above (they don't expect you to live beyond 85)

I have a feeling that the studio apartments are not attractive to the oldies because of the restricted lease so its repackaged and offered to singles.

Well, dunno about gaydar.....but his voice pitch does does trigger a certain gayness. ^_^

Agreed, such small flat need to plan carefully to max the place.

How about this for your thought.....while waiting for the balloting result.... I have already started to plan out my home renovation and decor. A bit early to say if i will get it, but no harm planning.

This bed is super....nice and compact and needless to say space saving and cute! :thumb:

http://hiddenwallbed-px.rtrk.sg/products/?utm_source=Webnatics&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=WallBeds

Then can have space for my Mahjong set! The house is a mahjong den for me anyway.... ;)

Edited by HydroNaut

Wah, i super hate those can hide beds. How can a bed be good when you can use one finger to make it disappear. How much weight can that thing support anyway? Foam beds only ah?

Aiyoh, think it is a decent bed lah..... as a designer, i like things and gadgets like that....it is innovation and modernization leh....I even fantasized about a hidden walk-in toilet into the wardrobe, so cool lor. So can hide in there, and noone know where i am. ^_^

Edited by HydroNaut

How about this for your thought.....while waiting for the balloting result.... I have already started to plan out my home renovation and decor. A bit early to say if i will get it, but no harm planning.

This bed is super....nice and compact and needless to say space saving and cute! :thumb:

http://hiddenwallbed-px.rtrk.sg/products/?utm_source=Webnatics&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=WallBeds

Then can have space for my Mahjong set! The house is a mahjong den for me anyway.... ;)

Haha, too soon to plan for the reno n decor lar. Even got selected u will have at least 3-4 yrs to plan before u get ur keys. I am more concerned which blk n unit to choose if got selected for the flat.

Anyway, u r so confidence tht u will get this BTO? Not a bad idea u have, the bed design looks modern n nice. But I'm too lazy to take out n keep the bed, wld prefer a perm bed.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Guest

You may be buying a small apartment but it comes with big responsibility. One will face many new expenses, new workload and will have to reschedule many of his usual routine. Advisable to discuss with someone who has been staying independently before signing up with HDB.

If you have no substantial income and are lazy, forget about taking this step altogether.

You may be buying a small apartment but it comes with big responsibility. One will face many new expenses, new workload and will have to reschedule many of his usual routine. Advisable to discuss with someone who has been staying independently before signing up with HDB.

If you have no substantial income and are lazy, forget about taking this step altogether.

If the laziest people can get the $16k flat, spread the loan over $30, boils down to about $44/mth (simple calculation). All hope is not lost! And btw, that's cheaper than a rental govt flat.

Just got an insider's news..... for next year March there might be a surprise in store for us singles.... Now I hope I wouldn't get the 2-room flat at flat already....

Talking about such, you guys know the general election might be drawing near? So let's see what might cropped up next year lor.

Edited by HydroNaut

Guest Guest

Even if HDB allow bigger size BTO for single, I think not many can afford at current price. Also the BTO on offer are mostly far away from transport hub.

Just got an insider's news..... for next year March there might be a surprise in store for us singles.... Now I hope I wouldn't get the 2-room flat at flat already....Talking about such, you guys know the general election might be drawing near? So let's see what might cropped up next year lor.

Surprise in store for singles döesnt mean gd news lor. Might allow only those singles who earn 2k n below then can apply for the bto?! Looks like u know wht will be the surprise for singles? Thts y u hope u wld not get this round bto! But need to wait until next yr mar still quite long leh. Rem u need to wait for quite a few yrs for the bto flat to build. I wld not want to wait until i over 45 yr old then get my own flat.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

some familiar important considerations in deciding:

1)   whether monthly payouts ($700-$900 depending on insurance package chosen) from CPF RA (min $69,500 to be set aside upon 55) after retirement at 65 would be        

sufficient for all expenses including that for looking after needs of old parents/rest of family if need 

2)   no prospect of room rental income with only 1 bedroom for self

Guest Guest

Surprise in store for singles döesnt mean gd news lor. Might allow only those singles who earn 2k n below then can apply for the bto?! Looks like u know wht will be the surprise for singles? Thts y u hope u wld not get this round bto! But need to wait until next yr mar still quite long leh. Rem u need to wait for quite a few yrs for the bto flat to build. I wld not want to wait until i over 45 yr old then get my own flat.

Seems like many mature forumer here still stay with parents because of low income. 

some familiar important considerations in deciding:

1)   whether monthly payouts ($700-$900 depending on insurance package chosen) from CPF RA (min $69,500 to be set aside upon 55) after retirement at 65 would be        

sufficient for all expenses including that for looking after needs of old parents/rest of family if need 

2)   no prospect of room rental income with only 1 bedroom for self

Even if HDB allow bigger size BTO for single, I think not many can afford at current price. Also the BTO on offer are mostly far away from transport hub.

But my cpf can even afford the current 3 or even 4 room but just cannot apply.

Well, my insider's new is that, singles can get 3 room flat in the mature estate lor..... but all these are just hearsay, just waiting for the final confirmation. I want my 3-room mature estate house.

But my cpf can even afford the current 3 or even 4 room but just cannot apply.Well, my insider's new is that, singles can get 3 room flat in the mature estate lor..... but all these are just hearsay, just waiting for the final confirmation. I want my 3-room mature estate house.

Hear say only lar, but I doubt the govt so gd to allow singles to buy 3 rm flat, n even allow to buy in mature estate?! But u never know, maybe it will really happen?!

But judging on the recent 2 rm flat BTO, even the location is in non mature estate n it is just a 2 rm flat, but there are so many singles applied. So can't imagine if it allow singles to buy 3 rm in mature estate!

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• 2 weeks later...

Result drawing near.....anyone had also applied?  ^_^

When result out? They send letter or email u the result? Tis round BTO those who applied seems like buying TOTO, chances very slim, if ur luck always no gd.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.