Male HQ

Fried Chicken Wing

Guest Guest

check out eng kee fried chicken wings at blk 117, commonwealth drive, #01-711.

operating hrs: Mon-Sat..12pm to 11:30pm.

Sun..closed.     

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nowadays, the fried chicken wings that are sold are mostly coated with thick flour, which is not what I like. For Old Chang Kee, as they use the same oil to fry curry puff & chicken wings, the chicken wings ended up having the taste of curry puff.

As of now, till I find one which I really like, I just make do with Aston.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest GuestEater

Don't bother with NeNe Chicken, its one the worst! Got the two piece meal, which was quite ex, got a spring chicken sized wing & a boney rib piece with barely any meat on it. The over fried scrawny fries are hard and unappetising like leftover cuts.

Go sell pork instead.

Somehow, the fried chicken sold at Malay Nasi Padang can be yummy but not all.  I prefer those that have been marinated with herbs and fried not with flour.

Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love'

in how I speak, in how I see others.

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

old chang kee my current fav. there are a few others I want to check out. will update :)

Do u realize that that chicken wings' taste varies from branch to branch?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

10 places to go for Singapore's best chicken wings-

4Fingers

We think it'd be entirely possible to polish off a box of 50 wings from 4Fingers ($55.45). They come in two choices: soy garlic and spicy, but we really can't decide which we like better. Go for a mix ($8.95 for six pieces).

Ice Cold Beer

Lots of excellent bar grub to choose from here at Ice Cold Beer, but do yourself a favor and don't skip the chicken wings, which are served with a combination of drumlets ($12 for three pieces and $18 for 12 pieces).

Ikea

This list wouldn't be complete without the Swedish furniture giant—its juicy wings go for $8 for six pieces.

KPO Café Bar

Sure, this gastrobar puts out excellent glammed up versions of our local hawker fare, like Hokkien mee and nasi lemak, but don't forget to order yourself a plate of chicken wings ($17 for five pieces)—you won't regret it.

Lola's Cafe

Um, unlikely contender? But we do have to say they make some pretty damn good honey paprika crispy wings ($10).

Loof

This alfresco rooftop bar does a mean rendition of the sambal chicken wings ($18), best for fueling up before a round of beer pong.

No. 5 Emerald Hill

The legendary prawn paste chicken wings here are extremely addictive ($12 for half a dozen). Grab a beer to top it all off.

Overeasy

Not for the fainted hearted, but those gung-ho enough to test their mettle will have a field day with the restaurant's Spicy Wing Roulette ($18), comprising seven pieces with average spiciness and a single uber spicy piece. If that's too much for you, then order the usual eight pieces, which come with three levels of spiciness: Wimp, Hot Stuff and Crazy Mofo.

Sunset Grill & Pub

Think you can handle the heat? Take up this eatery's spicy buffalo wings challenge and choose from levels one to 35. Be warned: the spicier they are, the more expensive they get. Prices range from $20 for half a dozen and $32 for a dozen, and it increases by a dollar with every level up.

Timbre

Awesome live music, beer and some deep fried chicken wings ($14, marinated in Timbre's top-secret seasoning)—the perfect combination.

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

I would like to recommend "Two Wings" at Essen ( The Pinnacle @ Duxton). Their fried chicken wings are really crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Its like a higher end food court with various stalls serving cuisines like french, western, seafood, pizza. Should check it out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Holland Village XO Fish Head Bee Hoon Chicken Wings

Address: 19A Dover Crescent #01-05 Jumbo Coffee Hub, Singapore 149544 | Opening Hours: 11:30am – 2pm & 5pm – 11pm Daily 

Tel: 67783691.

Yan Fried Bee Hoon Chicken Wings

Address: Redhill Food Centre, Blk 85 Redhill Lane #01-09 Singapore 150085 | Opening Hours: 3pm – 10pm (Tues – Sun). Closed on Monday.

Edited by Ethan_Oleh

• 6 months later...
On 14/06/2016 at 0:25 PM, Ethan_Oleh said:

Yan Fried Bee Hoon Chicken Wings

Address: Redhill Food Centre, Blk 85 Redhill Lane #01-09 Singapore 150085 | Opening Hours: 3pm – 10pm (Tues – Sun). Closed on Monday.

Yes recently tried this Bee Hoon Chicken Wings: Chicken Wings are larger than many other stalls', only $1.20, and though deep-fried, remain succulent and juicy. But more spectacular, for me, is the delicious bee hoon cooked in broth! Very tasty and only $0.60! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

• 2 years later...
On 1/11/2017 at 12:30 AM, Cube3 said:

Yes recently tried this Bee Hoon Chicken Wings: Chicken Wings are larger than many other stalls', only $1.20, and though deep-fried, remain succulent and juicy. But more spectacular, for me, is the delicious bee hoon cooked in broth! Very tasty and only $0.60! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hmm want go try ~ 😋

6 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Go swim at Delta and have a good time, then cross to the food centre opposite enjoy the great chicken wing and bee hoon... and other goodies@Redhill! Yum!

But I dun like Delta pool leh ~ hmm.. Sacrifice a bit?  🤔

5 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Lol don't like the pool go use the gym lor. Lots of eye candy!

You every time stay and loiter there beoh them isit 

Satisfying my craving for tonight ~ :lol:😋

DSC-2242.jpg

DSC-2243.jpg

Hmm..  If I every day eat fried chicken wings, will my cum also taste chicken wingy ? :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest Kams sutra
On 10/9/2019 at 6:04 PM, Coolbriz said:

After sooooo Long then thought of trying the chicken wings @ Redhill... :lol:

Is it the one with long queue? N recommended by makan sutra? I tried. But for me just so so. My favourite fried chicken is at kent ridge frontier phase canteen. Very juicy.

1 hour ago, Guest Kams sutra said:

Is it the one with long queue? N recommended by makan sutra? I tried. But for me just so so. My favourite fried chicken is at kent ridge frontier phase canteen. Very juicy.

Yup yup. Oh Kent ridge? Looks like another hidden gem!

Be cool, like a breeze...

Guest Kams sutra
5 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Yup yup. Oh Kent ridge? Looks like another hidden gem!

The stall main specialty is ayam penyet. But I like to eat chicken wing with rice. Very good one. 

1 hour ago, Garyl said:

i am no kid..

but 1 can eat 12 chicken wings at a go.. 

My bf did not want to eat as he was disturbed.. so I ate all the wings in front of him.. 

haha😈

GIVE ME HIS WINGS ~

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.