Male HQ

All News / Gossip On Sun Ho / China Wine (何耀珊) Aka Geisha Fan Club (Compiled)

Guest boy2man

You guys are really funny. You condemn the church when they condemn us faggots and here there is a pastors wife with a real faggot, probably sending a message across that, 'you are loved no matter who you are'.

Make up your minds. You don't want to be despised and yet you don't want to be accepted.

And whoever is talking about God's Love up there, go read John 3:16. Understand it fully. Stop passing judgements on people.

This is immaturity at its maximum. So sad to see ppl like this.

You guys are really funny. You condemn the church when they condemn us faggots and here there is a pastors wife with a real faggot, probably sending a message across that, 'you are loved no matter who you are'.

Make up your minds. You don't want to be despised and yet you don't want to be accepted.

And whoever is talking about God's Love up there, go read John 3:16. Understand it fully. Stop passing judgements on people.

This is immaturity at its maximum. So sad to see ppl like this.

Oh, I get it.

Sun aka Geisha partying and posing for photos with an internationally renowned gay pxxn director equals acceptance of gays.

Sun is the only Asian singer to top the US Billboard Dance Chart and the UK MusicWeek Chart. She is the first Chinese pop singer to be invited to the 46th Annual Grammy Awards 2004 and to present at the American Dancestar Music Awards 2004. She is also the first Asian pop singer to be invited to the Hollywood Film Festival 2003.

It all started when her debut American single “Where Did Love Go” reached #1 on the Billboard’s Hot Dance Club Play “Breakout” Chart for the week ending December 22, 2003. Subsequently, three of her singles, “One With You,” “Without Love” and “Gone” have reached #1 positions on the Billboard Dance Chart and four of her singles, “One With You,” “Without Love,” “Ends Of The Earth” and “Gone” have reached #1 positions on the UK MusicWeek Chart.

Sun holds an M.A. degree in Counseling, and worked as a counselor for troubled teens from 1996 to 2001. Since establishing her career as a pop artist in April 2002, she has been involved in raising funds for various charitable organisations. Her humanitarian team had been involved in the Tsunami Disaster Relief Operations (2005), the building of schools, and medical clinics in Indonesia and China. Sun was awarded the “TOYP of Singapore 2002″ Award and “TOYP of the World 2003″ organized by the the Junior Chamber International1 for her social and community work.

In July 2005, Sun opened a streetwear boutique, SKIN Couture, at The Marina Square (Singapore), which carries trendy apparels and accessories from American labels such as True Religion, Antik Denim, Bejeweled, etc. She opened her second store on October 2006 at The Heeren Shops (Singapore) carrying Japanese labels like Queen Of A Luxury Lover, Double Standard, Chelseagarb, etc. Sun and her SKIN partners acquired exclusive distribution for Ed Hardy in Singapore, and opened its first flagship store in Asia at The Heeren Shops (Singapore) on October 29, 2005.

Guest Sun Moon Stars

Where can we start a thread on Christian songs we listen to in BW forum for like minded christian songs BWs?

Anyway...Lets' not be too judgemental on Sun ..leave it to Him to judge...a worldly kingdom / church will fall eventually and see through. I m not insinuating City Harvest anyway. Peace:)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Conspiracy

If......

City Harvest Church "Arise and Build" campaign raised millions to buy a Church building. CHC parked some fund with a fund manager, AMAC Capital (Fund Management Company owned by Ng Eng Han, a former member of CHC Board of Directors)

and .....

AMAC Capital subscribed more than $20m of 10-year Convertible Bond issued by Xtron Productions Pte Ltd owned by two members of CHC that managed and funded Sun's singing career.

Conflict of interest?

Guest Conspiracy

If......

City Harvest Church "Arise and Build" campaign raised millions to buy a Church building. CHC parked some fund with a fund manager, AMAC Capital (Fund Management Company owned by Ng Eng Han, a former member of CHC Board of Directors)

and .....

AMAC Capital subscribed more than $20m of 10-year Convertible Bond issued by Xtron Productions Pte Ltd owned by two members of CHC that managed and funded Sun's singing career.

Conflict of interest?

It doesn't mean?

check out Sun Ho's Twitter. International gay po-rn director Chi Chi La Rue wishes Sun Ho "happy thanksgiving" and calls her "sweetie". http://twitter.com/#!/mynameissun

Wow. Ground breaking. Is that the only highlights happening to her these days?

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

What's the matter? making friends with pxxn Director and people complain... ckckck. I hear similar stories in bible, where Jesus sit and eat with tax collector, and the pharisee condemn Jesus for that... I can see it repeated again here. haiz...

Don't compare a taxman with a pxxn director.

Don't compare a taxman with a pxxn director.

Hey, The context is here:

during bible ages. Taxman is consider a sinner. very despiseable sinful. there's no TV, how to have pxxn during bible era. but tax collector is very sinful man in that era. Reason? he collect tax from his own races, he use the money to gamble, drink, live a lustful life. got it?

bring it to modern era, and you'll have a pxxn director.

When I saw the music video "China Wine - SUN aka Geisha [Official Release]", and saw Sun Ho dressed in a rather provocative manner with many dancers surrounding her in not much clothes, controversial thoughts immediately slipped through my mind.

I was like... why is she doing a song like this and dressed like that?

I remembered reading about Sun's past achievements and also her stand as a Christian. She had several controversies before but she has always stood her ground and proclaim her faith in the open.

After googling 3-4 times, i found Sun's blog explaining the song China Wine and her explanation was what i expected.

About the dance and the song “China Wine” …

The dance with the head roll originated from the infamous Jamaican dancehall move called the Dutty Wine. It was Wyclef’s idea to update the move with some Oriental hand movements (as seen in the video’s dance choreography).

The Dutty Wine (which stands for "Dirty Wind") is a song by Tony Matterhorn, a dancehall artist. "Dancehall" is not a place, but a style of Jamaican music and it has also become the name for a dance move where "legs move like a butterfly, and neck and posterior simultaneously rotate". And this dance move has become very popular in the world.

My involvement resulted in the China Wine – which is the Jamaican Dutty Wine infused with some Chinese/Asian elements. So contrary to what some think, China Wine does not refer to Chinese alcohol at all! It is a Chinese variation of Dutty Wine!

My MV features not just Wyclef Jean, but also Tony Matterhorn (originator of Dutty Wine) and Elephant Man (another leading dancehall artist). So it is with the endorsement of famous dancehall artists that Wyclef and myself composed China Wine, making it the legitimate successor to Dutty Wine.

About pushing my personal “limits” …

I am not for “pushing the limit” just for the sake of doing so. I’ve had super revealing dresses pushed upon me by sponsors for red-carpet events and I’ve had to push them right back at the stylist! But that’s the style and culture of Hollywood. It’s all second nature to them. There’s nothing too sexy or taboo about cleavage, that’s the norm for red-carpet style! (By the way, it is true also for Hong Kong and Taiwan these days!) If anything, I’m the “weird” one over there when I have to explain to them my reservations and restrictions!

Additionally, as a new artist in the US, I’m certainly not able to list out my demands and insist on a set of extreme limits for myself, especially when their culture is so different from ours. But I’m thankful that I have a management team that has been very supportive toward me and my personal beliefs, even when this results in differing opinions with them at times. They are the experts of what would work in the US. Even then, what works for them does not necessarily always work for me! So we’ve learned to talk, communicate and accommodate one another. I’m very happy with this arrangement.

Making these two music videos has pushed my limits, especially after 5 albums where I was packaged as a much quieter artist. Not only have I been challenged to dance the best I ever had, I’ve also been challenged in my stage presence and acting skills!

About the China Wine video and my different image from my past videos …

There’s a huge fundamental difference in the tastes between the US and Chinese music markets. It wasn’t intentional for me to “break out of my old image” … it was a necessity if I am to be at all relevant to the listeners there. Honestly, I had loads of reservations during the planning for the shoot and fittings with the video stylist, Petra, who also co-designs for Gwen Stefani. The production team and my management addressed all my personal concerns as well as their own (with regards to the effectiveness of the video in the US market), and the video you see is the result of that. I personally am very proud of the video and the effort that all parties involved put into its production.

About 2 months prior to filming, I had almost daily dance practices with one of reggae-rapper Sean Paul’s principal dancers. She is also my choreographer and has become a close friend. She taught me reggae and Jamaican dance styles and I’ve had to move muscles I never knew I even had!! You cannot believe how sore I was after just my first week of grueling practices! But again, I appreciate the challenge! I may not be any expert yet, but I’m excited to learn more and to stretch myself artistically.

About comments toward China Wine – Hot or Slutty?

The micro hot-pants and what we wore in the video are really more covered than what most girls are wearing today when they go to the gym! There is really nothing so shocking about them. I was truly shocked when, for my concert in Taiwan to plug my Embrace album, my Taiwanese stylist gave me a costume with even shorter shorts and I had to get them lengthened! That was so funny…

I am neither conservative nor liberal. I am just like any other contemporary girl living in the 21st century. I love many kinds of music and I want to express myself through both heartwarming ballads as well as fast-paced dance numbers. I’m also very much into fashion, and I like to look trendy and hip. I just believe that my whole “package” as an artist – which includes my music, dancing, dressing and performances – should be relevant to the modern, sophisticated and cosmopolitan society we live in.

About my creative control over the China Wine video …

I have “100% creative control” in the sense that I wasn’t forced by anyone to do anything against my will. Wayne is one of the nicest directors I’ve ever worked with. He would share his ideas for my role in the video and ask me if I was confident to pull it off. I told myself, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with the “best of the best” in the US music industry! You can be sure that I was going to give it my best shot. I mean how many people in the world even get the chance to do that?

Even though I’m a new artist there, the Americans work in an environment where we are all free to be creative. Everyone feels like a part of the team. Everyone’s ideas are valued. The entire production is only achievable because every person in the group plays their part incredibly well!

For me, I was eased into the role because there was such an environment to work in. Wayne, Wyclef and my management provided me with the necessary coaches to help me pull off a very difficult and different act from what I have been used to. In the end, everyone is very proud of what we have achieved together! And everyone is very excited that the buzz around China Wine is growing day by day!

About my faith and the supposed “Buddha hand clasp” in the China Wine video …

Once again, the critics prove that they can turn nothing into something??!! Indians and Thai people of all religions often clasp their hands in greetings. (My pastor often clasps his hands when he says hi to others!) I am a Christian on and off stage. Whether I am a singer, counsellor, dancer or an actress, it doesn’t change what I believe in.

Never once did anyone on the entire production team (which included a number of Asians) ever think that any of the hand actions represent any religious movement. The dance steps were choreographed by an atheist who based her choreography on what she knew about the Asian culture. The handclasp is a familiar action in Thai, Japanese and other Asian cultures. She’s seen it in numerous non-religious Asian dance shows that she researched on specifically for the choreography of China Wine. There was absolutely nothing religious about those moves. Ha-ha, if it hadn't been mentioned, this would never have even crossed my mind!

I hear similar stories in bible, where Jesus sit and eat with tax collector,

and the pharisee condemn Jesus for that...

I'm curious to understand the thinking behind the above statements.

If this was a thread about say Lindsay Lohan, would anyone have stepped in to quote the Gospel of John and defend her? Because I'm beginning to think a lot of this is only happening because she's a pastor's wife and therefore somehow either more morally reprehensible ("she should set a better example, she's displaying double standards") or more morally untouchable ("she's doing this out of love of God and to reach out to sinners, don't question her").

I'm leaning towards the former, because City Harvest Church does not have a spotless reputation (a police probe is still ongoing after 18 months - a long investigation does not necessarily mean they can't find anything - in fact, it suggests there are a lot of grey areas) and I personally have a thing against simony, which is the sin of selling spiritual things to gain secular wealth. But I'm open to hearing reasons in support of the latter.

I don't follow news about Sun Ho, but I haven't seen anything about her pop career being used to help the downtrodden or inspire open mindedness or administer to the wicked. If anything, I read from the above that she feels she's just another 21st century girl, having a job in entertainment and enjoying it. In which case, I don't see anything which makes me want to compare her actions with Jesus associating with prostitutes and tax collectors. In associating with prostitutes, Jesus turned a blind eye to their lot in life and taught the good-time girls that they too could hold their heads high and find equal nobility as human beings. What he didn't do was to buy himself a whole wardrobe of G-strings and have an alternate career cavorting on the docks whistling at sailors, while the Apostles collected donations on his behalf.

As for judgment, I think it's fair game for anyone who puts themselves in the public eye and expects to receive bouquets from the masses, to also expect the brickbats and rotten tomatoes. It's par for the course in wanting to be a celebrity and to hang out with celebrities. She doesn't strike me as an unintelligent woman and I think she's fully aware that if she didn't want to be judged, she shouldn't have chosen this career, because career is what it seems to be and not calling.

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

I don't follow news about Sun Ho, but I haven't seen anything about her pop career being used to help the downtrodden or inspire open mindedness or administer to the wicked. If anything, I read from the above that she feels she's just another 21st century girl, having a job in entertainment and enjoying it. In which case, I don't see anything which makes me want to compare her actions with Jesus associating with prostitutes and tax collectors. In associating with prostitutes, Jesus turned a blind eye to their lot in life and taught the good-time girls that they too could hold their heads high and find equal nobility as human beings. What he didn't do was to buy himself a whole wardrobe of G-strings and have an alternate career cavorting on the docks whistling at sailors, while the Apostles collected donations on his behalf.

As for judgment, I think it's fair game for anyone who puts themselves in the public eye and expects to receive bouquets from the masses, to also expect the brickbats and rotten tomatoes. It's par for the course in wanting to be a celebrity and to hang out with celebrities. She doesn't strike me as an unintelligent woman and I think she's fully aware that if she didn't want to be judged, she shouldn't have chosen this career, because career is what it seems to be and not calling.

Sun did say she wants to give love, comfort and hope to all who listens to her songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtjPQsQdSXY

Her dance diva image in the US is just a persona. Please remember, she's doing all this for God; she is the salt of the earth.

she is an adult, a big big girl, whatever she did she has to face them one day. only she knows whether she is doing in the name of god, why we need to " worry " & bother? everything there is an answer & reason behind but that does not mean we have to know, 自己何必意气用事乘一时之快而犯口业, 值得吗?

Edited by snowball

City Harvest Church does not have a spotless reputation (a police probe is still ongoing after 18 months - a long investigation does not necessarily mean they can't find anything - in fact, it suggests there are a lot of grey areas) and I personally have a thing against simony, which is the sin of selling spiritual things to gain secular wealth. But I'm open to hearing reasons in support of the latter.

This isn't about City Harvest Church or her husband, it's about her dream of becoming a singer. If you are offered a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with top rappers in the American music scene such as Wyclef Jean, would you reject it? She's only fitting in with the genre of music that goes along with the gig. Let people live their dreams, just like what a good Christian would do. Policing others isn't the way.

Then why for nearly 2000 years Churches and millions of Christians insist on policing others? Previously they do so with violence. Now they do so with political lobbying, including the spreading of unproven theories and suppositions? And please don't hide behind the ridiculous these are Christians, not the Christian faith etc. A faith is exactly what the believers behave and believe as. Nothing more or lesser than that.

This isn't about City Harvest Church or her husband, it's about her dream of becoming a singer. If you are offered a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with top rappers in the American music scene such as Wyclef Jean, would you reject it? She's only fitting in with the genre of music that goes along with the gig. Let people live their dreams, just like what a good Christian would do. Policing others isn't the way.

That's precisely my point, dear guest, if I may refer to my post in its entirety.

If she is just a girl following her dream of pursuing showbiz, there would be no need to quote the Bible to defend her. However, going by their posts, both her supporters and naysayers would seem to think her status within a church is of relevance. Assuming it is relevant, and I have not commented either way whether it is relevant or not, then the question is: are her actions to be viewed to be in pursuit of or counter to her alleged moral and religious mission?

And if we take a step back and agree that it is not relevant, then there is no need to say that as a "good Christian", one should let her be. Religiosity and its perspectives are no longer appropriate, any more than say judging American Idol contestants if their dressing and dance moves are in accordance with the prescriptions of Leviticus. However, in this case as well as in the other, by pursuing her career in showbiz, she opens herself as fair game for critique, both professionally and in her private life, just like any celebrity. One cannot want fame and then set out-of-bound markers beyond which no discussion is brooked.

Not all churches r the same. There r Christian churches n there r Satanic churches.

Not all music genres r the same. There r Christian music that inspires people to worship God n there r music that blatantly promotes shameless indecent acts of low moral values.

An almost middle aged married Christian church pastor with child dressed not unlike a prostitute, dancing sluttily in a music video with overpowering sexual innuendos does not for a good Christian image make.

Guest amidst_the_stars

Not all churches r the same. There r Christian churches n there r Satanic churches.

Not all music genres r the same. There r Christian music that inspires people to worship God n there r music that blatantly promotes shameless indecent acts of low moral values.

An almost middle aged married Christian church pastor with child dressed not unlike a prostitute, dancing sluttily in a music video with overpowering sexual innuendos does not for a good Christian image make.

According to some churches, being gay is a shamelessly indecent matter of low moral values too.

So why am I still gay?

According to some churches, being gay is a shamelessly indecent matter of low moral values too.

So why am I still gay?

cos u can't help being gay.

Ok back to the topic. Let me repaint the scenario. Suppose today Im a male pastor preaching in a church about God. But before u can say hallelujah, I strip to nothing except my thongs n bowtie the next day in a music video brimming with other half naked boys n girls singing, 'China Sausage', 'China Sausage', smiling suggestively to the camera.

Now, do u notice something not quite right in this picture?

cos u can't help being gay.

Ok back to the topic. Let me repaint the scenario. Suppose today Im a male pastor preaching in a church about God. But before u can say hallelujah, I strip to nothing except my thongs n bowtie the next day in a music video brimming with other half naked boys n girls singing, 'China Sausage', 'China Sausage', smiling suggestively to the camera.

Now, do u notice something not quite right in this picture?

you do realize that you actually don't make ANY SENSE!!!

She's singing for God so that when she stops, people will say "Thank God"? Ok, bad joke with no malice meant, but you had set it up so nicely I couldn't resist.

But seriously, I grant that she's done serious charity work in the past and that her Chinese singing was well-received for being "uplifting" and "sublime", yet my difficulty is in seeing how her present career specifically and allegedly furthers God's work. Some recent examples (say, within 2010-2011) would be useful. These should be examples where she would not have been able to accomplish what she did without being in the entertainment line in America. I'm not trying to be difficult: I've tried googling and couldn't come up with anything recent.

Yes, there are few (if any) examples of how her work in the US music industry specifically furthers God's work. But sometimes it's not about actions, but intentions.

There's a Chinese saying, 日久见人心, which means it takes a long time before you can truly ascertain someone's motives/intentions.

Some people are very sure that she's pursued all this for fame, greed or to rip off her church followers. But how can they be truly sure that she pursued her pop career for the worst, ignoble intentions?

The Sun Ho I know has had a stellar track record of helping the poor, the disheartened and the downtrodden through counselling, ministry, volunteerism and social work.

You may say it's not clear either that Sun Ho pursued her career for the love of God or to help the poor or downtrodden. I accept that.

My point is, let's not judge, especially if the judgment is based on her outfits or her dance moves. Let the longer term speak for the truth about Sun's intentions.

You may say it's not clear either that Sun Ho pursued her career for the love of God or to help the poor or downtrodden. I accept that.

My point is, let's not judge, especially if the judgment is based on her outfits or her dance moves. Let the longer term speak for the truth about Sun's intentions.

Well said.

Yet that adage must necessarily cut both ways: my point is, let's not judge, especially if the judgment is based on a previous record of having once done charity and good works. As the fine print on mutual fund brochures reads, past performance is no indicator of future performance.

Guest ChineyWine

Well said.

Yet that adage must necessarily cut both ways: my point is, let's not judge, especially if the judgment is based on a previous record of having once done charity and good works. As the fine print on mutual fund brochures reads, past performance is no indicator of future performance.

LOL. You know what, I agree! That's why I said "let's not judge".

sorry whoever who posted that pic. i am a fan of western entertainment esp US and UK. i watch e news with ryan seacrest tues to sat, surf TMZ, perez hilton, mtv news, billboard, boxofficemojo etc etc everyday. NEVER ONCE did i see or heard or read ANYTHING about Sun Ho. I seriously seriously doubt that pic was shot by the paparazzi. you have to be at least a z grade celebrity for the paps to snap your pic. Sun ho is no where as remotely close to even the z list celebrity status of the octo mom. so dont bullshit that the paps shot a picture by the paparazzi in the states. for your info, for sun ho who 'had' several no1 hits in the usa, it is so so strange that you cannot even find her name in BILLBOARD if u do a search.

Guest Passingthru

Some may argue otherwise but stars are born, not made. For eg, you can win a reality music show but it doesn't mean you'll become sought after or be able to draw sales down the road. Some of the losers will actually achieve better success and stardom than the winner. You can work hard but if you don't have star quality or the X factor, you'll never become a household name. Marketing can only do so much. There are limits. It's not a sure fire formula. Likewise, Sun Ho is a work horse, not a star. That's why she'll never achieve the type of success she so craves. I trust this is the Lord's prompting which she has chosen to ignore. Her talents and energy would be better used and blessed channeled in other ways.

• G_M changed the title to All News / Gossip On Sun Ho / China Wine (何耀珊) Aka Geisha Fan Club (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.