Male HQ

Single & Living Alone Discussion (compiled)

Exynos

If its any consolation, most gays will be unattached in their old age. But some will have the support of their family, friends etc while others will be alone and friendless.

For singles staying in 2-room flats in HDB estates, perhaps there is chance to form support networks with single neighbors who are similarly old and alone.

Whatever the final situation, every gay has to prepared to take care of ourselves in our old age, which includes having good health and being financially independent. 

As years passes, it slowly became a reality if we haven't found the love ones.......

You do realized you probably won't get what you want in here if you hide behind anonymous or guest nicks, right? Oops...  :P

It's a damn scary thought to be sick and alone in old age. Neglected and forgotten by others, left to live and die alone. But it's a sad fate that await many gays. Don't think that sad day is far away. Before you know it, it's here. Some guys in their twenties, thirties and forties are already experiencing this, especially the poor and not good looking. A support network should be set up for the lonely hearts out there. Those who are fortunate to be attached, treasure what you have.

We are grow old, gay or straight, single or marrie, ugly or good looking, rich or poor. So when you are able, live to your fullest and be happy. When you are old and alone, go to community center to join other old people during day time or go to Kopi shop to sit around instead of staying at home and feel lonely and miserable. When u r old, sex is no longer that important so why does it matter if you are gay, straight, ugly, poor, etc... Just make friends n have company.

We are grow old, gay or straight, single or marrie, ugly or good looking, rich or poor. So when you are able, live to your fullest and be happy. When you are old and alone, go to community center to join other old people during day time or go to Kopi shop to sit around instead of staying at home and feel lonely and miserable. When u r old, sex is no longer that important so why does it matter if you are gay, straight, ugly, poor, etc... Just make friends n have company.

what if u can't walk anymore? 

Guest life@65

When you are old and alone, go to community center to join other old people during day time or go to Kopi shop to sit around instead of staying at home and feel lonely and miserable. When u r old, sex is no longer that important so why does it matter if you are gay, straight, ugly, poor, etc... Just make friends n have company.

That makes me feel even older if I joined old folks that reminds me how old I am.  Go kopi shop joined old uncle also remind me how time flies and aged we are...

Not sure what to do to make me feel young again.  I think, I should invest in cosmetic products.

All old people face similar problems. Worse off is when the children you once loved and took care of started to find you a nuisance and abandon the old and ugly you.

Many old folks now find their children busy with work and making ends meet when living in the most expensive city in the world. Sad when you have no children, old and alone. Even more sad when you have children, old and alone.

Ultimately, old people have to be independent. Health is wealth when you are old and alone. Hit the gym now and exercise!

Guest Teatree

If you think your partner is going to be your caregiver, change your diapers and push you around in your wheelchair...

Why not just get a caregiver instead?

Agreed.  Your partner may need you to change his diapers instead,  unless you have one who is 15 - 20 years younger.  From my encounters, even children may not do that for their parents.

Good health + $$$ is the answer to graceful aging. 

Guest Teatree

All old people face similar problems. Worse off is when the children you once loved and took care of started to find you a nuisance and abandon the old and ugly you.

Many old folks now find their children busy with work and making ends meet when living in the most expensive city in the world. Sad when you have no children, old and alone. Even more sad when you have children, old and alone.

Ultimately, old people have to be independent. Health is wealth when you are old and alone. Hit the gym now and exercise!

Agreed to the max.  More SAD when you have children, but neglected and lonely.

Must add on, go to the gym and workout on the legs, which will help to keep you mobile and independent, away from the wheelchair.  Don't waste time on chest or abs exercises.    It won't help and grows on a 70 yrs old man.

what if u can't walk anymore? 

Have you seen the disabled who goes out in their motorised wheelchairs? I've always admired their gumption to lead a normal life.

Perhaps in the not-too-distant future, there will be those robotic body frames which the elderly can strap to their bodies to overcome their physical infirmities. Currently its still under development but mankind is faced with a silver tsunami in the West, Japan etc so hopefully there will be commercial solutions that can help to alleviate the difficulties of old age. 

Guest Me & Him

Agreed.  Your partner may need you to change his diapers instead,  unless you have one who is 15 - 20 years younger.  From my encounters, even children may not do that for their parents.

Good health + $$$ is the answer to graceful aging. 

Frankly speaking, I don't mind doing it for my love ones and willing to wheel him around.  At least, you don't feel so alone, you still have him to speak to in old days even though he is not able to walk or take care of himself.  As for me, I don't think much about myself as long as I have, in this life, enjoyed a love relationship with him (someone whom I came together with after various obstacles).  I will choose to go quietly after him,

I had being preparing myself for sometime now, but am I prepared, maybe.  I had some plan in mind but I still yearn to have someone in my life and there is still some but.  

I guess that is me always confuse and never sure......

Frankly speaking, I don't mind doing it for my love ones and willing to wheel him around.  At least, you don't feel so alone, you still have him to speak to in old days even though he is not able to walk or take care of himself.  As for me, I don't think much about myself as long as I have, in this life, enjoyed a love relationship with him (someone whom I came together with after various obstacles).  I will choose to go quietly after him,

But can you?  You could be as old and fragile as him, if not older.  Whatever it is, both partners must plan ahead and agreed on the plan when the time comes.   For example, if one wanted a caregiver but the other prefer to go nursing home, then it will be problematic. 

At deathbed, it is important to fulfil your partner wish, whether he wanted to die in hospital or prefer to pass away at home too.  :mellow:

For those who self depreciate cos of aging and being fat, u have a choice in taking care of yourselves through skin care and diet/exercising. 

Remember, there's only lazy wo/men, there's no ugly wo/men.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Well...

For those who self depreciate cos of aging and being fat, u have a choice in taking care of yourselves through skin care and diet/exercising. 

Remember, there's only lazy wo/men, there's no ugly wo/men.

Hard to prevent. I have been aware of this very very old uncle running like he was aiming for marathon, and he did pushed up so many times to impress people that at his age, he can surpass that stamina....etc.  He trained himself until his meat was gone and left with that tough bones to impress..because he was mostly half-naked while execising to impress people with his sweaty skin....

I hardly see him nowadays.....man cannot win mortality.

Take this opportunity to tell your family members your problems and get their blessings when you found a lover.  At time like this, discrimination on you being gay is meaningless to your family when you found a meaning to live remaining part of your life and they know they won't be around to look after you, only your gay lover will. 

I like your thinking. Your partner is so fortunate. Are u attached or single? Can we be friends?

The problem is that most gay men think that loneliness can be solved by having sex with strangers or fbs.

There are so many gay apps, gay forums, gay bars and gay saunas to find sex.

When they feel lonely, they look for sex, is so easy.

Even the gay old men can find sex and if they can't find it, at least they can touch some warm skins or watch some naked flesh in the saunas. They are lonely but they'll not admit it. They have plenty of time to while away in the saunas. There's bound to be an oldie chaser or open action sometimes.

It is no coincidence that the few times when a top started touching me and there'll be some old man nearby watching. He sees things and he's waiting and watching for free sex shows.

He can spend all his free time around sex but being less energetic, he don't actually need sex. He only wants to feel the excitement of sex to while away his time.

The problem is that most gay men think that loneliness can be solved by having sex with strangers or fbs.

There are so many gay apps, gay forums, gay bars and gay saunas to find sex.

When they feel lonely, they look for sex, is so easy.

Even the gay old men can find sex and if they can't find it, at least they can touch some warm skins or watch some naked flesh in the saunas. They are lonely but they'll not admit it. They have plenty of time to while away in the saunas. There's bound to be an oldie chaser or open action sometimes.

It is no coincidence that the few times when a top started touching me and there'll be some old man nearby watching. He sees things and he's waiting and watching for free sex shows.

He can spend all his free time around sex but being less energetic, he don't actually need sex. He only wants to feel the excitement of sex to while away his time.

Guest Me & Him

I like your thinking. Your partner is so fortunate. Are u attached or single? Can we be friends?

No, I am still single. But I have known someone I like in my life. He is so down-to-earth and I see him beyond sex.  We are about same age, same height.  I believe we will grow old at about same time and the same place.  There is so much similarities between us but the time is just not riped as both of us are struggling to make ends-meet until such time, I believe we will be proposing to each other and promised to be together forever. 

Guest Not The Other Guest

No, I am still single. But I have known someone I like in my life. He is so down-to-earth and I see him beyond sex.  We are about same age, same height.  I believe we will grow old at about same time and the same place.  There is so much similarities between us but the time is just not riped as both of us are struggling to make ends-meet until such time, I believe we will be proposing to each other and promised to be together forever. 

Not very convincing, everyone should more or less know life is short and time won't wait. Happened to know these 2 guys staying in separate rooms of a unit one kept saying they were embarking on the road to becoming lovers for life sharing dreams yada yada yada and at the end the other left with someone else.

He's probably searching/waiting for a better option. Just saying.  :wacko:

IF there are so many lonely candidates here, maybe you all can pair up?

not to be mix up between "alone" and "lonely", alone doesn't need to be lonely and even attached doesn't mean you don't feel lonely at times.....got to think of how to kill time, for now, probably we spend 8 hours on sleep, 10 hours at work which leave us with only 6 hours free time but once retired we probably get away with 6 hours sleep and leave us with 18 hours of free time every day............. 

I started gymming, swimming & cooking when I began living overseas (and alone).

Honestly, even if I didn't have a relationship, I think I would do fine because my weekends are quite occupied.

In order to meet people, I have to carefully plan my time.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

not to be mix up between "alone" and "lonely", alone doesn't need to be lonely and even attached doesn't mean you don't feel lonely at times.....got to think of how to kill time, for now, probably we spend 8 hours on sleep, 10 hours at work which leave us with only 6 hours free time but once retired we probably get away with 6 hours sleep and leave us with 18 hours of free time every day............. 

And ended up lonely...  <_<

Guest Lone Ranger

not to be mix up between "alone" and "lonely", alone doesn't need to be lonely and even attached doesn't mean you don't feel lonely at times...

You can do everything to cure that loneliness but you will still be alone. That is topic of this thread.

Many gays here like to wallow in self pity that they are lone rangers; they are alone but don't feel lonely. I'll like to burst such self-delusional bubbles.

The only true lone rangers are the hermits in the mountain caves. They don't crave company nor do they crave for sex.

The self-delusional lone rangers here still seek the company of strangers for sex. They still crave for the warmth and touch of another body. They try to think it's only cold and impersonal sex but the truth is that sex is never impersonal when you touch the very personal private parts of another male or let him do likewise to you. As soon as you get an erection, it's sexual otherwise you can't get hard.

This is part of our human nature. No point trying to deny it and pretend that you don't care when you get old. If you try to keep busy, you'll still feel there loneliness. You just need to share your personal inner feelings with someone and feel that in this big big wide wide world, there is special someone who you can call your own.

You don't share toothbrush, you don't share underwear; you certainly don't want to share that special someone who you are sexually intimate with. More than just to release some sperm, he is your soul mate. You want only him and nobody else will do.

Many gays here like to wallow in self pity that they are lone rangers; they are alone but don't feel lonely. I'll like to burst such self-delusional bubbles.

The only true lone rangers are the hermits in the mountain caves. They don't crave company nor do they crave for sex.

The self-delusional lone rangers here still seek the company of strangers for sex. They still crave for the warmth and touch of another body. They try to think it's only cold and impersonal sex but the truth is that sex is never impersonal when you touch the very personal private parts of another male or let him do likewise to you. As soon as you get an erection, it's sexual otherwise you can't get hard.

This is part of our human nature. No point trying to deny it and pretend that you don't care when you get old. If you try to keep busy, you'll still feel there loneliness. You just need to share your personal inner feelings with someone and feel that in this big big wide wide world, there is special someone who you can call your own.

You don't share toothbrush, you don't share underwear; you certainly don't want to share that special someone who you are sexually intimate with. More than just to release some sperm, he is your soul mate. You want only him and nobody else will do.

Guest Teatree

Lonely by itself is not scary. Scary is when your health fails you and you are old and helpless. I used to have an old neighbour staying alone. She was diagnosed with dementia and keep forgetting things. Heard that her fridge was full of chickens because she bought one everyday from the market.

Lonely by itself is not scary. Scary is when your health fails you and you are old and helpless. I used to have an old neighbour staying alone. She was diagnosed with dementia and keep forgetting things. Heard that her fridge was full of chickens because she bought one everyday from the market.

Hmmz.. true this is indeed scary.

Guest The Lonely

Many gays here like to wallow in self pity that they are lone rangers...

Seeing those indulged in anonymous sex and polygamy open relationship flocking and flooding the threads for LTR, well, I got no choice but have to. boo hoo hoo...

54195263.jpg

If u dont want to be alone in future then the time to do something about it is long before the future comes.

Loneliness is a fear. Conquer that fear. Go out n meet people with similar likes. Travel with friends. Realise that loneliness is just a state of mind which u can do something about.

my place there is also one old neighbour staying alone and for the past 4 years, I have only seen her like 3 or 4 times given the fact that we are on the same level...I suppose there are people who need more personal space, just like to be alone and not mix around.....even for those mix around, I find it quite unmeaningful, there are a group of drinker who meet up and drink from morning to night daily, there are other group that meet, talk cock and repeat the same story (every time you pass by them is the same thing) I suppose alone or in group, the most important thing is to do something meaningful or something you always interested in but got no time before ....

Guest Terrible

We are always worrying about money, thinking about money, working hard for money until we forgot how time flies and the next we realised we are old already and those money we earned, we worried it will dissappear soon once we used them for old age. There is no life in a materialistic city-state.

The only preparation effective during old age is having someone constantly by your side. Many families employ full-time caretakers for their aged parents while they work and live their own lives.

If you are old and alone, anything can happen to the frail you and there may be no chance for you to get any help when a crisis happens. We have all heard of news before that the body of an elderly gets discovered by chance only after a few months dead in a HDB flat. Even the neighbour thinks your stench is normal and will not be bothered.

No need to wait until old age, when you have a high fever, and no one is there to help you, it is very miserable, happy to be alone, dog as your companion, DELUSIONAL LUNATIC.

No need to wait until old age, when you have a high fever, and no one is there to help you, it is very miserable, happy to be alone, dog as your companion, DELUSIONAL LUNATIC.

Miserable yes. But at least you still can help yourself. Not when you are old, you need someone to bring you to see doctor. Something not a dog can do.

We are always worrying about money, thinking about money, working hard for money until we forgot how time flies and the next we realised we are old already and those money we earned, we worried it will dissappear soon once we used them for old age. There is no life in a materialistic city-state.

If you have no money in Singapore, you are better off dead

• G_M changed the title to Single & Living Alone Discussion (compiled)
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.