Male HQ

shrimps / prawns lover (aquatic - not for cuisine)

lovehandle

1 minute ago, guest_jeff said:

Do they become a problem?

So far not yet but I foresee they might be if they keep propagating at such fast rate. Just got to monitor and see. Since it's in a small tank, it's easier to control.

Edited by Coolbriz

Be cool, like a breeze...

4 hours ago, lovehandle said:

Tks shirtless for the explanation and wow! the lobsters/crayfish!!! are they fully submerged in water? or they need dryland? some need a portion of dryland

No. This species does not need to have dry-land and can stay fully submerged in water for years. However, they are cannibalistic and tends to fight. So they need a lot of hiding places.

5 hours ago, Shirtless boy said:

Looking at CRS haven introduction on wondershrimp, I'm convinced that they are more easier to take care and may give it a try. Shd be dropping by to purchase a unit soon. Photos extracted from CRS fb page. 

image.jpg.                image.jpgimage.jpg

I would strongly advise you to get a set from them. However, if you want to add more shrimps to your unit, pls do not get from them. You will get chopped by them (from OWN experience).

Ya, tks! Shirtless

Finally someone went to the PS one that I have mentioned!
anyway I felt their items are extremely costly eg a marimo mossball of a medium size ( I got mine at S$4 ea) is $12.9
a filter for small tanks they are sellg at $29 , I bought mine at about S$12

I recommended the shop is more for viewing and for some ideas, though such a small shop , they have 4 staff manning the shop...
I snapped photos of the pricing I mentioned above (but pls don't get me to attach cos it s so tough to do attachment)

1 minute ago, lovehandle said:

Ya, tks! Shirtless

Finally someone went to the PS one that I have mentioned!

anyway I felt their items are extremely costly eg a marimo mossball of a medium size ( I got mine at S$4 ea) is $12.9

a filter for small tanks they are sellg at $29 , I bought mine at about S$12

I recommended the shop is more for viewing and for some ideas, though such a small shop , they have 4 staff manning the shop...

I snapped photos of the pricing I mentioned above (but pls don't get me to attach cos it s so tough to do attachment)

It is not that tough to upload an attachment.

Just like email. Upload a file you want to the reply box and you are pretty much done.

10 hours ago, Shirtless boy said:

Sharing some of the interesting pets which I used to kept in the past freshwater mussels

image.jpg  image.jpg     

Electric blue crayfish red crayfish

image.jpg

oh the crayfish is so cute!!

these are examples of the types of fish that would really interest and entice me to buy. But will go boring after a few weeks in the tank as they're rather repetitive.

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

Hello all.  Sorry to hit you guys with yet another noob question.  A few ants (about 5) have found their way into the wondershrimp tank and died there.  I managed to remove the floating carcasses but one sank to the bottom of the tank.  Should I be worried (and try to hunt for the carcass)?  Sorry again for the noobness.

@lovehandle Doing a closed system would rather defeats the purpose of getting the set from CRS Haven.

@guest_jeff No worries. The bacteria in the set will break th down in a couple of days. Its the pellet supplements that is attracting the ants. Do not overfeed.

25 minutes ago, deathblade88 said:

@guest_jeff No worries. The bacteria in the set will break th down in a couple of days. Its the pellet supplements that is attracting the ants. Do not overfeed.

Thanks deathblade.  I aim for 6 pellets a week for 18 shrimps.  Should be ok I think since 10-15 shrimps they recommend 4-5 pellets a week.

but the wondershrimps were started to be closed sys and then CRS haven innovated with open system, I remember reading on their website/fb that their open sys also doesn't required feeding etc, don't hve to do anything leh

deathblade , I started doing it by using PC, I gave up le, the shrimps are v small, so sometimes, we need high resolutions to capture them , no matter how I downsize, it s just fedup

and then I have to keep deleting , ended up , pp have not seen my pics and I have deleted already, damned it

@deathblade88 or anyone,
the fb (singapore shrimp club) that I invited all of u to join is now discussing the torture chambers of wondershrimps (oh dear! what a terrible name)

-about breeding babies

-why is it called torture chambers ...

the poor lady who has a jar
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153508481909811&set=gm.1025877327463003&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/groups/174654122585332/ and newly joined was being labelled as one who choose to shortened the life of shrimps etc

While mine are not wondershrimps system, I honestly started this out to be Self-sustaining, totally w zero use of elec/power and it has to be energy conserving n doesn't even need to use filter

but who knows ended up, I got a filter, got this and that and ganna worms! and someone eeeeeeeee-ed me

31 minutes ago, guest_jeff said:

Thanks deathblade.  I aim for 6 pellets a week for 18 shrimps.  Should be ok I think since 10-15 shrimps they recommend 4-5 pellets a week.

Try spreading out the feeding freq. Like fornightly or even up to a month.

Their main diet would be the alage in the system. They are call supplement for a reason.

27 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

but the wondershrimps were started to be closed sys and then CRS haven innovated with open system, I remember reading on their website/fb that their open sys also doesn't required feeding etc, don't hve to do anything leh

deathblade , I started doing it by using PC, I gave up le, the shrimps are v small, so sometimes, we need high resolutions to capture them , no matter how I downsize, it s just fedup

and then I have to keep deleting , ended up , pp have not seen my pics and I have deleted already, damned it

Lol.... so easy give up liao ???

You just need to crop the shrimps portion. That alone will greatly reduce the size of the file. Then save with either .jpg or .png format. These are format design for the web.

Just now, deathblade88 said:

Lol.... so easy give up liao ???

Deathblade,

sniff sniff I suffered 委屈 just by adding and deleting...everytime I click attached, it will forever prompt me the file is larger than 1.95

hence decided to directly copy the links instead

23 minutes ago, deathblade88 said:

Try spreading out the feeding freq. Like fornightly or even up to a month.

Their main diet would be the alage in the system. They are call supplement for a reason.

Ok.  The shrimps are quite still and inactive between feeds though.  During and immediately after feeding they become super active.  Think that is why the feeding is quite addictive.

deathblade88, their unit range from $38 to thousand plus...However, there is one unit which myself and my bf particularly love it as it gives a coral reef type of view with more than 20 over shrimps swimming all over the unit. But it costs $788 and I have to give some due considerations before I purchase it.

Would you like to share your own experience on purchasing additional shrimps from them? as I understand that one additional shrimp is $15.

15 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Tks shirtless for the info, I went to PS aquarium today, its blue and orange crab is fuckg big, as big as my palm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, those are rainbow crabs and I used to keep it before.

They can really eat a lot and grow fast, and at the same time produce lots of waste and changing of water is necessary/compulsory everyday. And they can really run faster then what you think and they are nasty at times. Can really give you a nasty pinch if they are provoked while they are resting.

The shop in PS is selling the crab at a very high price; about $30+each. If you wish to get, perhaps you can try seaview aquarium and it costs only about $8 per piece there.

7 minutes ago, Shirtless boy said:

Yup, those are rainbow crabs and I used to keep it before.

They can really eat a lot and grow fast, and at the same time produce lots of waste and changing of water is necessary/compulsory everyday. And they can really run faster then what you think and they are nasty at times. Can really give you a nasty pinch if they are provoked while they are resting.

The shop in PS is selling the crab at a very high price; about $30+each. If you wish to get, perhaps you can try seaview aquarium and it costs only about $8 per piece there.

Really, shirtless? they grow very fast? unless it s a pair of female and males, they need dry land right?

The waste is a thing I dislike....

anyway, hve u gotten a pinch from them? Must have right? I  hope they didn't pinch on you "down" there, it looks like sausage to them probably, kekekeke

16 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

blog on the seaview mentioned by shirtless: really seemed cheap but prices are 10 yrs ago - http://alanchow76.blogspot.sg/2010/10/seaview-aquarium-2-seletar-west-farmway.html

Their fishes and accessories are still pretty cheap nowadays. That's partly the reason why im often there to purchase my CRS in bulk.

10 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Really, shirtless? they grow very fast? unless it s a pair of female and males, they need dry land right?

The waste is a thing I dislike....

anyway, hve u gotten a pinch from them? Must have right? I  hope they didn't pinch on you "down" there, it looks like sausage to them probably, kekekeke

This rainbow crab is actually a land crab. Thus, I only provide them with a small bowl of water for them to maintain internal gill chamber moisture; as it is necessary for their survival.

They grow very very fast, just like terrapin and the crab moult frequently. And unlike shrimps, a crab moulting process is far too long, sometimes take days or weeks to complete and come out completely alive. I used to take pictures of their moulting process but some pictures are just to gross as they died halfway through their moulting process.

For rainbow crab, what you find in the market are mostly males and for some reasons, the supplier does not want the female to be out in the market. This practice has been existing for years.

They pinch but as they knew that im their owner, they release as long as I tempt them with foods! hahahaha...They loves to crawl from my hands to arms and to my chest areas though when I played with them after their showering session.