Male HQ

shrimps / prawns lover (aquatic - not for cuisine)

lovehandle

by the way, after forcing my shrimps to go for Hikari fd, I felt their moulting is much better! they grow faster....

On average , at least two moulting per week! out of the 10+ shrimps

But I read on the fb, some feed them w finger nails!!! and eeeeeeeeeeeeee it claimed that nails have the highest content in calcium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

Yes it's actually quite fun. But I have not seen a naked shrimp after it moulted though..

The moulting occurred in front of me as in I saw the shrimp emerge from the shell.  Haha.  Looks just like the others.  Doesn't look naked.

Anyway the other shrimps are very fast.  They have eaten the shell already.

9 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

har ? u watched it live?

oh dear, must be waited v long????

the shells were there, my shrimps don't hunger for them

Didn't wait at all.  I got lucky.  I just happened to come home and turn on the light and look at the tank at that exact moment.

Very lucky.

Help help! bros and Docs of Shrimps,

I noticed that today there is a carcass in my tank , sniff sniff one of my not many shrimps is gone again!

but strangely it turned salmon-pink in colour, is it cos the sunlight is too strong

all these while it s at the same position mah

Dr Shrimp

it s put somewhat near to window but the sunlight is not directly shining in, cos it s nt at the east and west side and I draw down the blinds leh

And previously two died too but they didn't change colour, maybe I spotted them earlier!

ok so excessive and direct sunlight is being ruled out. At least you can be assured it's not caused by that factor. Just got to continue to monitor and see if your tank can reach an equilibrium. One thing I m not sure is the life span of these shrimps. Can they live for very long? Or are they very short lived? Ya, can understand the agony of losing your pets..

Be cool, like a breeze...

2 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

No worries. But try to count them if you can. In case there is a shortfall, I'm sure you can claim the missing ones from crs haven. 

Ok. It's pretty hard to count them as they are always darting here and there and I lost count easily. When I first got them, they are greyish in color and they are turning pinkish now. Will they change to red gradually? Any special diet to make them redder?

Yes definitely not easy to count them but what I did was to really spend time sitting in front of my tank and count them as they appear. Well I might have double counted but as long as it's not too far off from the actual number, I assume I'm correct haha. My stock also has a range of Colour tones from dark red to pale red or pink. After so many years they still look pretty much the same. So I got no idea what causes their Colour tone differences. Problem with wonder shrimp tank is that in order to keep it self-sustainable, we can't add anything except the recommended "vitamins". So unless we are ready to intervene and forego the sustainability, we won't be able to find out. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

22 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

kekekeke

Where hve u been?

I need all my Dr. and prof to be around...some of them said their wondershrimps turn red after purchase, ie a good sign right?I rem u mentioned b4

Yah. It's in their genes. They will turn redder if they are comfortable with their environment and eating well.

Yeh my memory is gd, I can rem what everyone said in this thread!

I can even rem CLEARLY the non-related topics that I raised and some of my expectations not answered.

Good that our stronger mbrs are always helping out in this thread

2 hours ago, deathblade88 said:

Yah. It's in their genes. They will turn redder if they are comfortable with their environment and eating well.

Thanks. Two or three of my 9 wondershrimps are changing to dark red color when I checked on them this morning. The rest are all pinkish in color. They are very active and always moving around.

2 hours ago, lovehandle said:

Yeh my memory is gd, I can rem what everyone said in this thread!

I can even rem CLEARLY the non-related topics that I raised and some of my expectations not answered.

Good that our stronger mbrs are always helping out in this thread

Liddat cannot offend you otherwise Prof Shrimp will mark me for life.

Hi

pls check whether this will work?

i m thkg of using a test tube(those u used in your sci lab classes in sec sch days, slim tube)

Put one or two shrimps to swim daily in a test tube of 14cm long 

Do u thk they can survive ? Or m i a cruel tyrant for imprisoning them this way??
As there will b no filter ...
But will throw in a small little marimo ball for it to breathe n hopefully the mossball will b hardworking to do photosynthesis (though it s still an algae)

note: mine r not wondershrimps

ok when i was much younger, i m a sadist ...i will bully my pets, torture them abit according to my mood, pls dont scold me as i was really kiddy n naughty then

eg i will feel high when i hear girls screamed at the colourful insects i hve caught n then later i will pull the insects' legs n slowly one by one they bcome crippled

i shall save u from hearing how i tortured birds n goldfish...

for those who r kind, will cry for mths as though holding a funeral for them

I 天不怕地不怕

but there is one type of catergory of pet /animals that i m ultra-mega scared of: yes, just one

immed i will faint if u tell me: hey! There is a ........obviously nt cockcroach, spiders etc, anyone wanna make a gd guess?

21 minutes ago, deathblade88 said:

http://crshaven.com/FAQ.html

Point no.10

Yes i recalled that deathblade definitely shared this b4 n i esp rem some commented they still choose to feed them. But By the systems & workings of wondershrimps, they r to survive w no extra food/pellets needed

Hence the name of wondershrimps, rt?

But if the food fed helps in breeding new babies, that will b definitely useful! I realised that fr the fb/forums etc - usu breeding for wondershrimps r tougher

Anyway, those who hve been to crs haven, can we only purchase the Wonder shrimps but not their container? Just the shrimps n nothing else?

Anyway,

i m glad that most of u r v helpful in this thread

sometimes i can feel the desperateness of a person when his pets die or a person is sick but he s not convenient to consult a doc, he need strangers like us(who r the so-called experts or Dr. Or prof to lend a helping hand)

10 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Yes i recalled that deathblade definitely shared this b4 n i esp rem some commented they still choose to feed them. But By the systems & workings of wondershrimps, they r to survive w no extra food/pellets needed

Hence the name of wondershrimps, rt?

But if the food fed helps in breeding new babies, that will b definitely useful! I realised that fr the fb/forums etc - usu breeding for wondershrimps r tougher

Anyway, those who hve been to crs haven, can we only purchase the Wonder shrimps but not their container? Just the shrimps n nothing else?

Anyway,

i m glad that most of u r v helpful in this thread

sometimes i can feel the desperateness of a person when his pets die or a person is sick but he s not convenient to consult a doc, he need strangers like us(who r the so-called experts or Dr. Or prof to lend a helping hand)

Yes, i also recall that someone mentioned that the water developed by crs haven is too low in salinity. Haven't confirm this myself.

Yes, can just buy the wondershrimps itself. They will store them in a very small container for you to bring home.

Edited by deathblade88

Just now, deathblade88 said:

Yes, i also recall that someone mentioned that the water developed by crs haven is too low in salinity. Haven't comfirm this myself.

Yes, can just buy the wondershrimps itself. They will store them in a very small container for you to bring home.

The shrimps they sell are not cheap though.  I find my shrimps getting more red with time.  Think they have become more comfortable with their environment.

2 minutes ago, guest_jeff said:

The shrimps they sell are not cheap though.  I find my shrimps getting more red with time.  Think they have become more comfortable with their environment.

They are selling with sky high prices. That's why I am doing an MO.

Yes, salinity of those water is lower indeed

So ex: S$15 per pc

How could a lizard be enough to scare me?!???? and I gave the key word that I m 天不怕地不怕 ....a liz is enugh to scare me?
It must be something that comes w poison (not snakes /reptiles) too
I jest at men who scream and stand on chairs when they saw cockcroaches or at tourism areas, when those pp approach us to carry ( real) snakes for photo-taking , many ran away
There was once, I heard commotion in my office and I ran out and realised it s just a cockroach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheh, the men in the office cannot even settle it in seconds, I stepped on it and immed threw it to one of the staff and let them screamed MORE.............
kekekekeke
Btw , why did Shirtless became non-shirtless (in photo) liao?

Why suddenly all come in to do the guessing game har? Worried that I will rem who did not guess is it???? and Tyrant will punish all?

So intelligent har, Jeff!
Yes, rodents !!

anything that got the look of a rodent (is enugh to scare me) like guinea pig , some rabbits looked like guinea pig too(if u r into guinea)
behind the poisonous reason, there is another side-story but but ....too funny(& actually to serious ) to say it over here...
Always believe in karma, that is the only thing I can share it over here now

But I doubt MMO’s mastermind can be mentioned
my test tube is so small, it can only accommodate one or two such shrimps

So can the two normal shrimps (not wondershrimps) survived in such test tube: all skipped the most impt qn
https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=test+tube+decoration+vase&biw=1366&bih=565&tbm=isch&imgil=bl1oKdgqeJenyM%253A%253B3WNa3tZKyT6ZyM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.architectureartdesigns.com%25252F11-stylish-ideas-to-decorate-with-taste-tube-vases%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=bl1oKdgqeJenyM%253A%252C3WNa3tZKyT6ZyM%252C_&usg=__l_UEDSIj8rTbdNckoCd95OGDxZQ%3D#imgrc=DFPR7UCFIZe9rM%3A&usg=__l_UEDSIj8rTbdNckoCd95OGDxZQ%3D

I got this test tube( the google link is just a sample) since 2011 from overseas (at that time not even a single shop has such stuff, and btw, I first saw wondershrimps sealed in a jar from Japan before 2013)  for flower décor or for
I dislike common stuff or non-innovative stuff
Anyway, I felt sg is alwys v slow in introducing new stuff in our market

2 hours ago, lovehandle said:

Yes, salinity of those water is lower indeed

So ex: S$15 per pc

How could a lizard be enough to scare me?!???? and I gave the key word that I m 天不怕地不怕 ....a liz is enugh to scare me?
It must be something that comes w poison (not snakes /reptiles) too
I jest at men who scream and stand on chairs when they saw cockcroaches or at tourism areas, when those pp approach us to carry ( real) snakes for photo-taking , many ran away
There was once, I heard commotion in my office and I ran out and realised it s just a cockroach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheh, the men in the office cannot even settle it in seconds, I stepped on it and immed threw it to one of the staff and let them screamed MORE.............
kekekekeke
Btw , why did Shirtless became non-shirtless (in photo) liao?

Why suddenly all come in to do the guessing game har? Worried that I will rem who did not guess is it???? and Tyrant will punish all?

Nope, i'm still as shirtless as ever...Just that i've create some artwork to my shirtless and sometimes nude photos...Hahaha

image.jpg

1 hour ago, lovehandle said:

So can the two normal shrimps (not wondershrimps) survived in such test tube: all skipped the most impt qn
https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=test+tube+decoration+vase&biw=1366&bih=565&tbm=isch&imgil=bl1oKdgqeJenyM%253A%253B3WNa3tZKyT6ZyM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.architectureartdesigns.com%25252F11-stylish-ideas-to-decorate-with-taste-tube-vases%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=bl1oKdgqeJenyM%253A%252C3WNa3tZKyT6ZyM%252C_&usg=__l_UEDSIj8rTbdNckoCd95OGDxZQ%3D#imgrc=DFPR7UCFIZe9rM%3A&usg=__l_UEDSIj8rTbdNckoCd95OGDxZQ%3D

I got this test tube( the google link is just a sample) since 2011 from overseas (at that time not even a single shop has such stuff, and btw, I first saw wondershrimps sealed in a jar from Japan before 2013)  for flower décor or for
I dislike common stuff or non-innovative stuff
Anyway, I felt sg is alwys v slow in introducing new stuff in our market

Isn't this an act of cruelty to keep two normal shrimps in such a confined space?