Male HQ

shrimps / prawns lover (aquatic - not for cuisine)

lovehandle

go and join the spore shrimp club fb for more lobangs like: -

Mature shrimp tank w LED light on sale: S$130 : I felt cheap, though I have not really have such a medium-sized tank
Glass tank 2ft x 1ft (width) x 1.5ft (height)
With side bracing
Comes with plants ( as seen in the picture), pebbles, driftwood and black quartz sand (approximately 10kg).

Lightset is included (planted Led lightset - Up Aqua Pro U series - think its not sold in Singapore)

Will also include DIY feeding tubes and nice glass feeding tray.
Philipine ferns on rocks/ US mini fissiden overgrown on rocks/ flame moss/ java fern

Include a nice driftwood that looks like a tree - havent tie any plants on it yet.

Will FOC a satelite breeding box ( without cover) and 6 outlets airpump (not in the picturee)

Selling due to personal reasons.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153127112426511&set=pcb.1026166600767409&type=3&relevant_count=8

3 minutes ago, Shirtless boy said:

This rainbow crab is actually a land crab. Thus, I only provide them with a small bowl of water for them to maintain internal gill chamber moisture; as it is necessary for their survival.

They grow very very fast, just like terrapin and the crab moult frequently. And unlike shrimps, a crab moulting process is far too long, sometimes take days or weeks to complete and come out completely alive. I used to take pictures of their moulting process but some pictures are just to gross as they died halfway through their moulting process.

For rainbow crab, what you find in the market are mostly males and for some reasons, the supplier does not want the female to be out in the market. This practice has been existing for years.

They pinch but as they knew that im their owner, they release as long as I tempt them with foods! hahahaha...They loves to crawl from my hands to arms and to my chest areas though when I played with them after their showering session.

Shirtless, your description is so vivid loh

esp when u said: "They loves to crawl from my hands to arms and to my chest areas though when I played with them" it reminds me of when I was younger , when I caught big spiders or go to the drainage to catch those mini crabs or any other special big insects that crawl....

The only part I mis read was " I played with them during my showering ", I nearly thought u showered while playing with them!!!

I want to see the moulting process photos pls!!! Died halfway? but did you bought a lot?? The ones I saw are quite large as mentioned by "Since u r here" too...

How old or young were u when u r rearing such pets? If u r living with your parents, did your mum put up a strong against for such pets? (Sorry but I felt women just wont like such things)

did u really shower them?????

but I don't understand why no female crabs? then how do they breed?all males hve fun w one another??? this is so gay!

1 hour ago, Shirtless boy said:

deathblade88, their unit range from $38 to thousand plus...However, there is one unit which myself and my bf particularly love it as it gives a coral reef type of view with more than 20 over shrimps swimming all over the unit. But it costs $788 and I have to give some due considerations before I purchase it.

Would you like to share your own experience on purchasing additional shrimps from them? as I understand that one additional shrimp is $15.

Wow....!!!!

That really cost a bomb to buy.

Actually everything they use inside can be sourced locally exception is the shrimps itself.

And doing everything from scratch is not that difficult.

If you want additional shrimps do let me know.

I plan to do a bulk shipment but is it too much for me.

Looking for ppl to share around.

You can easily search for crab moulting process in youtube.

The two rainbow crabs which I kept was small, about the size of 50cents till they grew to the size of a man's palm. I guessed they have reached their maximum lifespan of about 6 years and they died. The first one died and the second died about 3 days later. I cried terribly that time and gave the two a burial process to send them off. I was still young that time, during upper secondary school days.

I have been keeping pets since young, from terrapins to salamander to shrimps and crabs and not to mention fishes. They are used to it except that when I went for holidays, I've to get a caretaker to take care of them when I'm away.

If you know how to differentiate the crab sex, then you will understand that most of the crabs being sold in the LFS are males. It is a standard market practice by the LFS, both local and aboard. They have their reasons for not selling female crab. However, if you are lucky enough, you can spot one or two female crab and can just quickly grab it as if you have won a prize, hahaha. My bf are so used to going to these LFS with me and he can even tells the sex of the crab just by looking at the shell structure and size of their pincers.

Edited by Shirtless boy

Shirtless, u really keep pets! typical boys' hobby! never ave I heard of the term salamander till I googled it now: it s like a lizard/gecko kind of thing w dark skin

evoke my emotions further by saying "burial process" and send them off!!!!!
I can feel for that, but as for the two crayfish that I try rearing and die instantly, I immed flush them out and stop rearing aquatic stuff until now!

Do u scare your bf with such things or he equally luv such things? usu pp of a softer nature will not like, this is what I observed

Deathblade shd advertise the mMO at the shrimp club fb, surely got many lobangs!!!

The salamander which I kept last time was the fire belly salamander. Costs about $5 years back. Its really cute and can squeak at times.

Pets that follow me for years when they died I will usually give them a burial process.

I don't scare my bf with my pets and its just that he usually follows me around to those LFS and assist in the buying process and he knows my requirements; and the do's and don'ts. However, he won't give a hoot about the pets after they have settled down in their environment.

3 minutes ago, deathblade88 said:

Cannot lah !

Later the ppl at CRS come knocking on my door saying I snatch business from them.

They won't lah, hahaha...I believe in their professionalism.

Do let me know if you are getting the wondershrimps in bulk so that I can plan my setup. The most I need is probably around 10-20..

Deathblade,everyone is sellg something mah , those sellg tanks and stuff, no LFS come knocking on them leh

Shirtless, I can feel the same as what your bf felt, u revolve around the pets...but as long u rem to "feed" your bf , he will still stick around!!!! envy loh!

2 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Deathblade,everyone is sellg something mah , those sellg tanks and stuff, no LFS come knocking on them leh

Shirtless, I can feel the same as what your bf felt, u revolve around the pets...but as long u rem to "feed" your bf , he will still stick around!!!! envy loh!

Haiz, sometimes he does throw temper when our conversation leads to our pets and he will stop talking for awhile sulking his face.

Just now, Shirtless boy said:

Haiz, sometimes he does throw temper when our conversation leads to our pets and he will stop talking for awhile sulking his face.

time balancing and conversation balancing so that it will not go towards one particular direction sub-consciously

35 minutes ago, deathblade88 said:

Wow....!!!!

That really cost a bomb to buy.

Actually everything they use inside can be sourced locally exception is the shrimps itself.

And doing everything from scratch is not that difficult.

If you want additional shrimps do let me know.

I plan to do a bulk shipment but is it too much for me.

Looking for ppl to share around.

I wonder how many shrimps can the 238 wondershrimp set up support...

All along the wondershrimps started out as an import from overseas (I saw them many yrs back)

not sure how it seemed like CRS haven seemed to monopolise the market in sg?

I even saw it in jp, selling not more than 1600Yen in a jar form, goodness, sg is selling one at least from 38$

1 minute ago, lovehandle said:

All along the wondershrimps started out as an import from overseas (I saw them many yrs back)

not sure how it seemed like CRS haven seemed to monopolise the market in sg?

I even saw it in jp, selling not more than 1600Yen in a jar form, goodness, sg is selling one at least from 38$

Thats the downside with them.

They jack up price way to high.

1 minute ago, deathblade88 said:

Thats the downside with them.

They jack up price way to high.

ya and I believe jp techgy cannot be anything weaker than a Crs haven....

when I first saw the wondershrimps + jar at jp, I thought that thing wont survive for long and it s more for ornamental purpose, though my heart was indeed itchy to buy it back to sg , sadly I didn't

when I returned to sg and did some research, I was shocked by the price locally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like pet crab can have more interactions with people :) and we can't do that with shrimps.. They are too delicate. Nice wondershrimp tank you have got there guys. Stuff from CRS Haven is not cheap. It's on the high side. But I can trust their products especially the plants. I have bought plants from various places and only to find out that they can either be infested with snails or inherit other undesirable problems. The plants I bought from CRS Haven are very clean and healthy. Of course, there is really a price to pay for them. Lucky it's a one time thing and I don't have to keep spending any more. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Tk you Dr Shrimp for the conclusion...indeed , even my aquarium shop told me that the mossballs gotten from that shop , must be carefully washed before throwing them into the tank...so now there is worm n eggs

My fren bought another plant (either from sunset way or GC) has snail eggs and hence from zero, his tank is now infested w more than 20!! I told him to use the lettuce method to lure/trap all the snails ..He s so lazy, he said he cannot find lettuce in supermarket, how could it be? I told him to manually remove them, he said too small to spot all of them

Bait and Trap

Snails are attracted to decaying plant material and algae, so set a trap to gather the snails together. This is a variation of manual removal. Use a lettuce leaf as bait and the snails will flock to it. Place the lettuce in a small glass jar, fill it with aquarium water, and sink it to the bottom of the tank overnight. The jar will fill with snails; remove them in the morning. Repeat nightly until most of the snails are gone.
http://animals.mom.me/natural-ways-rid-snails-fish-tanks-4469.html

After reading prof @lovehandle research on leaves and cones, I think what the shrimps really like is the "bio-film" that accumulates on the surfaces of the leaves and cones. So when I initially drop the cone in, there is no biz as well. Only after a few days, they start gathering at the cone. 

One observation I made recently. I noticed that some of my shrimps "attacked" another weaker shrimp. By "attacked" I mean they seem to be feeding on a live shrimp. I'm rather disturbed with this observation. I do noticed that the victim appeared to be weak and vulnerable. I wonder, do the shrimps "sense" that a particular shrimp is weak and perhaps dying and thus they begin feeding on it or do they actually cannabilise their own kind? 

1. I observed that too, but I  thought the larger one were trying to "f " the smaller ones , not so much of bullying , I supposed?  but no babies after the "attack" (I read our BW forum, some like it rough , so I assumed that they are having "fun") but for sure no death after that, so cannot be canabalizing right? cant be they are doing culling first among themselves

I agreed they will nibble on the bio film, I threw in a few days, still not business hence I just scoop the cone out of the tank

I have qns:How do I have plants (not mossballs) underneath the water surface to create more oxygen (as I do not have a pump) ? the plant suggested must be able to produce oxygen like most plant

I know there are some moss/plant tie to driftwood/branch/bark type , but some said wood will invite WORMS again, pls pls try not to suggest anything tht will breed more worms (although I really luv the idea of plant to wood kind of concept-also allows shrimps to play hide & seek)

The challenge is I don't have substrate/soil/mud/sand/gravel in my mini-nano-tank at all so how do I have plants? Can help, Dr Shrimp and etc ?

Well prof, the shrimps do not seem to be "having fun" with the victim as they are like putting stuff into their mouth from the victim. It's not like the victim has "cum" for the attackers to taste right?

Anyway, don't get too paranoid about worms. I have been putting drift wood in tanks and never have problems with worms. They are treated wood so it's not like you are putting in a decaying wood that might have worms in it. If you do not intend to use substrates, then moss balls or tying plants on drift wood are the best alternatives in my opinion. You can consider Java moss or other types of hardy mosses like spike moss that can be tied on drift wood. You got to have something for them to attach to right? Unless you are considering floating plants, then you can literally just let them float on the surface of your tank.

Dear Dr. Shrimp

I really didn't expect that your colourful shrimps are so aggressive, i m really unclear of why such actions, to the extend of putting them into their mouth....
Base on my finite knowledge, i should abdicate from my role as a Prof! kekekekeke..You should go to those aquatic forums and consult them soon and get an answer for their behaviours

For those plants that tied to wood/ mesh or rocks, do they auto-grow some more, if the shrimps consumed them all , will the wood turn botak? (u really have to pardon my ignorance)
http://www.gcshop-sg.com/plantstore.php?p=1

You need unanimous votes from all the members here before you can abdicate your role as a Prof! Hehe

The shrimps don't eat plants so if the plants get lesser, it might just mean they are not doing well rather than being eaten up. They will grow more in quantity for sure if they are healthy :)

Vegetative growth. That means the plant cells from leaves and shoots will keep dividing and also elongating until you see your plants grow "bigger and more". I know what you might be thinking, "a plant should be planted in a substrate in order to grow". There are some plants that can attach themselves on objects other than soil and they can grow as per normal :)