Male HQ

shrimps / prawns lover (aquatic - not for cuisine)

lovehandle

20 hours ago, deathblade88 said:

All sets will have a max limit of shrimps it can support before the ecosystem is thrown off balance.

Hence I am wondering how many my system can take.  Meanwhile my shrimps have started eating some dead ants that wandered into the tank and drowned.  Hope they provide lots of calcium...

11 minutes ago, guest_jeff said:

Hence I am wondering how many my system can take.  Meanwhile my shrimps have started eating some dead ants that wandered into the tank and drowned.  Hope they provide lots of calcium...

that is my same point too, I rem it s not the first time ants came in right?How did it attract ants (mine still attract worms, just that I didn't say , if not Dr Shrimp will eeeeeeeeeeeee me again)
My dear Dr Shrimp, ants are ultra flexible as though they yoga 24hours , no matter how u cover they will just pass thru!  (although wondershrimps are meant to be closed system originally) I wil cover every now and then is to prevent too much evaporation and don't wish to tell those  mosquitoes that my tank is a playground (mine is not wondershrimp sys)

By right there is NOThing sweet for the ants, can u check your surroundings, Jeff

1 hour ago, guest_jeff said:

I think they wandered there.  I have been fishing out the carcasses until I gave up.  A few each day and not a whole swarm of ants though.  Think I will clear the uneaten ones later to prevent contaminating the tank water

Is the pack of supplement nearby the unit ? IMO, it might be the main culprit. Try to move it away or use an airtight to store it.

Monitor for a few days to see if the unit attract ants again.

For your unit, i think still can nicely fit in up to 30 shrimps. Have to confirm with CRS Haven, since they are the one who build it.

There is a lid but with a hole punched in.  The lid is not air tight to allow air exchange since this is an open system.  Have started putting a cinnamon stick outside the tank, see if that deters the ants.

Isn't the cinnamon stick gonna attract more ants ? Since it is a sweet tasting spice to begin with.

Edited by deathblade88

sniff sniff sob sob
I know I will ganna from Coolbriz again
Yes, I can still see a small worm (probably I used a chopstick to cut n they split into two) n I happened to scoop a long one too just now
every nite I m praying for no worms while scrutinising the tank but I m know I m lying to myself...I m dead sure I alwys saw things wriggling
but I really don't wanna drop those harsh-liquid into the water to kill them

deathblade
Cinammon stick is sweet??? Supplement pack also sweet? it should be naturally -made right? cant be a sweet stuff right?

Jeff, I actually posted a photo before but I think removed liao

I shall described you to vividly :

It breeds from a small worm to a longer than 7cm, but just that it tends to curl and wriggle constantly so it seemed to be v small , so your eyes has to be sharp

and it s translucent, can u imagine how challenging to catch them?
Just like a translucent grey thread constantly wriggling in your water 
it should be getting an Oscars from the Academy award for being the best actor in the movie called : Deep blue sea, they pretend to be sleeping and drifting so that u wont know they are a worm, but if the water moved or you used a chopstick to stir the water, it immed they wriggled like dancing for Bollywood
They should re-do a new series of Pirates of carribean: they r the real pirates to my small nano tank!!!!!!!
I felt disgusting and dirty just to tell all of  u I hve worms, it is as though I cannot clean my house properly!

My friend (a lady) said hers looked like small brown tubifex worms so she started keep a small fish  to keep the worms at bay(brown though small is easy to spot)

Fish or probably some snails...but I don't wish the fish to harm my shrimps so I cannot

Another fren of mine said the small neon tetra fish , though small might scared and affect the colouring of the shrimps and later, they might eat up the baby shrimps if my queen is pregnant

Next will be using harsh liquid which I try not to poison my kingdom

24 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

deathblade
Cinammon stick is sweet??? Supplement pack also sweet? it should be naturally -made right? cant be a sweet stuff right?

I am thinking along the line of coffee + cinammon.

Not the supplement sweet. Is that too potent liao. The lady boss @ CRS confirmed too.

Got once, my pack got over run by ants. Threw it into the bin immediately. Went back, she is kind enough to replace another one for me.

1 hour ago, deathblade88 said:

For your unit, i think still can nicely fit in up to 30 shrimps. Have to confirm with CRS Haven, since they are the one who build it.

Incidentally when I bought my set, the lady boss suggested it can hold 90 shrimps.  I am skeptical about that figure hence I still wonder and ask around.  Haha.

snails cannot beat the flying(fast-Swimming) pirates in my water territory! and when they start to breed, it s another nitemare...........问题就会 接踵而来, 蜂拥而来 really endless by then, and I need a clear view of my tank to spot worms now, I even have to remove my cute mossballs to monitor

Sniff sniff

14 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Fish or probably some snails...but I don't wish the fish to harm my shrimps so I cannot

Another fren of mine said the small neon tetra fish , though small might scared and affect the colouring of the shrimps and later, they might eat up the baby shrimps if my queen is pregnant

Next will be using harsh liquid which I try not to poison my kingdom

Maybe I will suggest you to bring the unit back to the shop and ask then to assess the condition.

I am suspecting you might have overfeed and increase the bioload in the process. The beneficial bacteria could not catch up.

Hope I am wrong. And good luck.

22 minutes ago, deathblade88 said:

Maybe I will suggest you to bring the unit back to the shop and ask then to assess the condition.

I am suspecting you might have overfeed and increase the bioload in the process. The beneficial bacteria could not catch up.

Hope I am wrong. And good luck.

Deathblade

Mine is not wondershrimp

n the shrimps are given to me, I didn't pay a cent for that

I set up everything from scratch myself

I try to cut down food le , sad!

3 minutes ago, lovehandle said:

Deathblade

Mine is not wondershrimp

n the shrimps are given to me, I didn't pay a cent for that

I set up everything from scratch myself

I try to cut down food le , sad!

You tested the water ? Got put in bacteria ?

Deathblade
No, I didn't test, all I did is aged the water and conceptualise how a simple small tank should look like without spending much

my another fren donated test strips for fish to me, but fish and shrimps not q the same requirements

fish test strip for sure I passed the test, shrimps I think failed but don't care le, who cares what hardness of water, and mine is not even 1gallon tank

Dr. Shrimp ,

since at the creation of this thread, I did mention, the day I killed all my lobster instantly, I was devastated to keep any pets anymore
but only recently that friend said he has too many
so he has been donating to many frens so I took some and he asked do I want some MORE now?!!!?

Reasons why I rejected is cos I wanted to further observe my tank and worms before I add on and until now no breeding , his  has breeding in less than 6mths, his really grew , if not he will not have so many to donate, right?
I even start to question did he give me all the same gender? cannot be cos I observed they don't look all the same

I  m not a professional mah and like I say I all along wanted a self-sustainable NON electronic kind of aquarium , I m hoping of NOT even  have the filter!
Now my WHOLE life is donated into this tank...haiz

Jeff and the rest,

If the supplement is potent (just like a container of sugar, if not closed properly will invite a swarm of ants ) , jeff should  have complaints that ants have been having meals near to his supplement without being invited but issue is I rem jeff said his place is quite clean hardly any ants ...
It cannot be that supplement is attractive to ants and ants go look for it not to the supplement , but into the tank........

Something is just not right, as a little pellet is not even as sweet as a tiny sugar esp when MIXED /diluted with those mineral water

Unless Jeff laced his jar/container/tank esp at the top /rim w the pellet , it is IMPOSSIBLE!

for an ant to climb up a glass to the rim/top , is much more difficult than a top trying to emulate a btm sitting on a top (as a top , I cannot imagine how does those btm able to sit on top of me, I can never imagine if I m a btm how do I get the rod into me pls don't laugh ok?)

My friend from 4 breeded more than 40 in less than 6mths

mine got some white babies (only observed them only when i off the filter

when the water is v still, then i got to see them, but due to the fact that my siphon is too large, i siphon some away while i was cleaning), u can see tt they have abit of "hands or legs"

anyway two queens r pregnant w eggs(something yellowish) in the back of their neck

they will take sometime to release to their external(legs) rt?& it will then take another one mth for them to form.....

so from now till cny period, 不能福之临门,也没能添喜添孙

note: the above r not rehearsal for cny greeting lines and i dont like cny

hope that 海龙宫的各嫔妃们can do their best to create more 子嗣

Now i can only observe and hope that 海宫虾丁兴旺,地灵人杰

while they r still in the white stage, some stick themselves to the wall (opposite end of filter)- probably to prevent stuck

but they r way too small

If i didnt switch offf the filter, i totally cannot see them

so too bad if they got stuck

but if the foetus is properly formed w blue then i can still try to save them

for sure the water condition now is conducive for the worms...... Eeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

dR. Shrimp, i rem u hve a bigger tank which is made of wondershrimp systems/waters

does those wondershrimps breed ?if yes,how many and how long?

Actually i m a noob! Though i knw of the bb food,

i decided to let the babies grow and rot on their own 

if i throw in more bb food, it s going to b another round of widespread buffet for those worms

the bb r just two-3 currently....

most r still in the back neck of their queens