Male HQ

Pokemon Go [Now in SG]

Sinon

Guest Poke Dot

This electric bird fries through pokemons like hot knife through butter, anyways FYI

b6d0326a52.png

"We are actively working to resolve an issue where the Raid Boss always breaks free from the last Premier Ball available. "

"To counteract the effects of this issue, Pokémon GO will temporarily grant an extra Premier Ball in the Bonus Challenge."

Congrats to those who have caught the electric bird! Haven't tried yet. Heard from friend for those who encountered error after raid countdown to zero, you can try locking your phone at the last 3 sec of the countdown and unlock phone about 5 sec later. Not sure what phone model that fix works for but worth trying. Good luck to those who haven't caught any! Gambate!

Be cool, like a breeze...

12 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Congrats to those who have caught the electric bird! Haven't tried yet. Heard from friend for those who encountered error after raid countdown to zero, you can try locking your phone at the last 3 sec of the countdown and unlock phone about 5 sec later. Not sure what phone model that fix works for but worth trying. Good luck to those who haven't caught any! Gambate!

I having tat issue yesterday and today as well, but today manage to get into catching phase n try to catch tat bird(failed).

when it start to fly like those bug pokemon, after 4-5 of the zip zap movement it will go back to centre but beware of it deflecting the ball, usually it will attack 1 or 3 time in a row before going back to zip zap movement.

Edited by 4evaboring

3 hours ago, NS98 said:

Finally caught mine near my camp :)

lucky u... book out and went to catch? haha

4 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Gratz! Failed first attempt today as I did it at a park connector. Not enough ppl to take it down.. plus, not all are using golems or tyranitars.. hopefully can get one before it is gone :) 

all the best to u... i am still sadden about my 100% zappy ran away the other day

2 hours ago, 4evaboring said:

lucky u... book out and went to catch? haha

all the best to u... i am still sadden about my 100% zappy ran away the other day

Yes, feel you, missed a 100% lugia and till now, suffering from PTSD... :frustrated:

well at least u got a tier 1 lugia after that right?

anyway i feeling abit salty since i cant be at the poke go park event at yokohama, i saw video of the pokemon appearing at the event. they got region lock pokemon like mr mime, event shiny pikachu etc...

Edited by 4evaboring

2 hours ago, 4evaboring said:

well at least u got a tier 1 lugia after that right?

anyway i feeling abit salty since i cant be at the poke go park event at yokohama, i saw video of the pokemon appearing at the event. they got region lock pokemon like mr mime, event shiny pikachu etc...

Haha...I know of someone who last minute just booked a ticket, took leave and dashed over there to catch pokes! Next time just impulse-decide, then GO! No regrets! :D

Finally got my first Zapdos after my first failed attempt this morning @ ECP. Was desperately looking for players while enjoying the view of cool hunks who did the run. We did not make it as there were only 7 of us. But the rewarding view is a trade off haha :) 

Guest Poke Dot

Trainers,

Earlier today, Trainers battled against the Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo at the Pokémon GO Stadium event in Yokohama, Japan. Thousands of Trainers in attendance were able to successfully catch Mewtwo and add it to their Pokédexes. In the coming weeks, you, too, will have the opportunity to battle and catch Mewtwo with the new Exclusive Raid Battle feature.

Exclusive Raid Battles are similar to existing Raid Battles, with a few notable differences. Exclusive raids will periodically appear at Gyms around the world; however, unlike existing raids, Trainers will be invited to join an Exclusive Raid Battle. To receive an invitation to participate in an Exclusive Raid Battle, Trainers must have successfully completed a raid recently, by defeating the Raid Boss, at the Gym where the Exclusive Raid Battle will be taking place. The invitations will include advance warning of when the Exclusive Raid will take place, giving them ample time to coordinate with other Trainers before taking on the powerful Raid Boss.

Mewtwo is the first Pokémon that Trainers will be able to face in Exclusive Raid Battles, but other powerful Pokémon may also start to hatch from the Raid Eggs found at Exclusive Raid Battles over the next several weeks. Make sure you’re prepared to battle Mewtwo by powering up your Pokémon and battling in raids at Gyms near you!

Pokémon GO

Legendary Pokémon Take Flight 
Over the past three weeks, thousands of Legendary Pokémon have been defeated in Raid Battles around the world. In celebration of this achievement and to give Trainers another chance to catch Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Lugia, all four of these Legendary Pokémon can be battled in Raid Battles from August 14 through August 31. Be on the lookout for these Legendary Pokémon at a raid near you!

—The Pokémon GO team

1 hour ago, 13579 said:

Haha. No choice, Tyranitar is both Dark and Rock type, so naturally it'll receive more damage. :P 

gotta pray that the Mewtwo you fight don't have Focus Blast. 

Hah? Liddat what can we use against Mewtwo? Was planning a line-up of mostly Tyrannitars and maybe one Houndoom...

2 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Hah? Liddat what can we use against Mewtwo? Was planning a line-up of mostly Tyrannitars and maybe one Houndoom...

It's still the best counter nonetheless, as Tyranitar is Dark type. What I'm saying is that pray hard the Mewtwo you fight don't have Focus Blast. :)

Houndoom is good too! It's a shame that Gen 2 have not much Dark type Pokemon, if we have Gen 3 Pokémon now, things would be easier as there're more Dark type Pokemon. 

rsz_persona-5-illustration-111.jpg

Well, if the auto-select didn't choose Tyranitar for you, high chance that Mewtwo may have Focus Blast.

Hmm... Was wondering if Xatu with Feint Attack and Ominous Wind works against that Mewtwo with Focus Blast, or maybe a Misdreavus...

Edited by orionmiz

1 hour ago, orionmiz said:

Well, if the auto-select didn't choose Tyranitar for you, high chance that Mewtwo may have Focus Blast.

Hmm... Was wondering if Xatu with Feint Attack and Ominous Wind works against that Mewtwo with Focus Blast, or maybe a Misdreavus...

you can try, I saw on Facebook page that Lugia was listed as one of the counters as well. *shrugs* :/ 

Gengar works fairly decent if Mewtwo has Focus Blast, but best to dodge Cofusion from Mewtwo :P

rsz_persona-5-illustration-111.jpg

High chance those Pokémon like Xatu, Misdreavus, Gengar, etc, will be like glass cannon. Can deal good damage but can't take blows from Mewtwo. 

Taking on mewtwo is a challenge since there isn't a one Pokémon that fits all.

1) for mewtwo with focus blast: will need a team with a good mix of strong gyarados, dragons & Tyranitars. (Yet to try out)

2) mewtwo with shadow ball: tyranitar, snorlax (lick hyperbeam), blissey (pound hyperbeam)

3) Mewtwo with hyperbeam, psychic: tyranitar, Scizor.

Anyone got more info can share share :) 

Edited by Coolbriz

13 hours ago, 4evaboring said:

i thinking gyarados with bite n crunch? the rest of the line up i not very sure... no bug pokemon seem to be tanky enough

Whatabout Arcanine with bite n crunch? CP is quite high too...comparable with Gyarados, no?

Mewtwo Coming to Exclusive Raid Battles Soon!

Pokémon GO

Trainers,

Earlier today, Trainers battled against the Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo at the Pokémon GO Stadium event in Yokohama, Japan. Thousands of Trainers in attendance were able to successfully catch Mewtwo and add it to their Pokédexes. In the coming weeks, you, too, will have the opportunity to battle and catch Mewtwo with the new Exclusive Raid Battle feature.

Exclusive Raid Battles are similar to existing Raid Battles, with a few notable differences. Exclusive raids will periodically appear at Gyms around the world; however, unlike existing raids, Trainers will be invited to join an Exclusive Raid Battle. To receive an invitation to participate in an Exclusive Raid Battle, Trainers must have successfully completed a raid recently, by defeating the Raid Boss, at the Gym where the Exclusive Raid Battle will be taking place. The invitations will include advance warning of when the Exclusive Raid will take place, giving them ample time to coordinate with other Trainers before taking on the powerful Raid Boss.

Mewtwo is the first Pokémon that Trainers will be able to face in Exclusive Raid Battles, but other powerful Pokémon may also start to hatch from the Raid Eggs found at Exclusive Raid Battles over the next several weeks. Make sure you’re prepared to battle Mewtwo by powering up your Pokémon and battling in raids at Gyms near you!

• 2 weeks later...

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/31/pokemon-go-new-legendaries-schedule/

Pokémon GO gets three new Legendary Pokémon that’ll move around the world each month

Posted  by Greg Kumparak (@grg)
  • legend.png?w=1024&h=537

Back in July, Niantic introduced a new concept to Pokémon GO: Legendaries. Meant to be some of the hardest to catch, Legendary Pokémon are ultra-strong, appear only for a limited time and require players to form “raid groups” of up to 20 players to take them down.

It had a peculiar impact on the game. It by no means brought the game back to the crazy, just-after-launch days of seeing mobs of GO players wandering aimlessly everywhere you looked… but it definitely brought players out of the woodwork and brought them together. Successfully taking down a Legendary Pokémon meant organizing a sufficiently large group — which, in most cases, meant getting on your local Discord or Facebook group and setting a game plan.

As of later today, the first set of Legendary Pokémon (Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos and Lugia) are leaving — and, perhaps a bit surprisingly, three new ones are already prepped to take their place.

But there’s a bit of a twist this time: only one Legendary will appear in a given region at a time, rotating at the end of each month.

Here’s how it’ll look from August 31st to September 30th:

• Raikou (left, above) will be available in the Americas
  • Entei (center) will be available in Europe/Asia
  • Suicune (right) will be available in the Asia-Pacific

Come September 30th, they’ll rotate — and at the end of October, they’ll rotate one last time.

The last set of Legendaries was handled a bit differently: the same legendary was available worldwide, but only for a week at a time (until the last few days, at which point they were all briefly available simultaneously). It tapped a fear-of-missing-out that brought back a lot of players… but it also seemed to burn out a lot of them. Having to find a time to raid (or, more accurately, multiple times to raid, as the odds of catching a Legendary on your first try are actually quite low) every week was exhausting. By the last one’s arrival, many players I spoke to seemed tired of the grind.

So slowing the pacing a bit makes sense.

Meanwhile, Niantic says it’s rolling out a field test of the “EX Raid” system, or invite-only raids that you can only participate in if you’ve completed a raid at that location before. As someone who has seen some raids have upwards of 80 people while another raid at that same location failed to find enough players, this seems a bit overly complicated… but I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Niantic says the first EX Raid tests should hit around September 6th.

Guest Earn 40000 XP

With the gym, there is now a new trick to quickly level up with more XP. Choose a 2 level 5 gym in close proximity.Use a lucky egg that double XP. During that half hour, taking down the raid boss of level 5 gym will earn double your 10000 XP. 2 gyms means 40000 XP with a lucky egg.