Male HQ

Pokemon Go [Now in SG]

Sinon

Found it kinda weird 
Was trying to take down a lugia with around 20 others and after a while I got kicked out 
But saw some ppl were throwing balls to catch the lugia while there were others still trying to take it down
After I managed to get back in to continue the raid, the lugia's life bar was full again although it was half when I got kicked out
So are we each seeing the same lugia or a different one??

12 minutes ago, enthuboy_93 said:

Found it kinda weird 
Was trying to take down a lugia with around 20 others and after a while I got kicked out 
But saw some ppl were throwing balls to catch the lugia while there were others still trying to take it down
After I managed to get back in to continue the raid, the lugia's life bar was full again although it was half when I got kicked out

if  all pokemons died and the lugia still alive they will prompt you to rejoin with new pokemons or you can revive the previous one, provided the battle not timeout yet. i first time raid this kind of battle, was abit lost on the interface. by the time revive the previous set and the lugia was already almost gonna died. then thats it, time's up. wtf! i noticed that those using blissey to fight the legendary lugia or artucuno seems to last longer. i dont have blissey yet but the system chose my chansey to fight, it outlast than my other pokemons though the CP only 600++ compared to my 2K+ vaporeans.

Edited by TYRtan

5 hours ago, 4evaboring said:

articuno fleed after 11 balls.... depressed i got no more raid pass

My partner tried 6 times, all ran away.. Hes starting to get very frustrated. Told him not to give up, there are people who only caught one after spending 9 passes. Dont be depressed, better luck next time

4 hours ago, enthuboy_93 said:

Found it kinda weird 

Once all your pokes faint, you will exit the battle. But it is actually still going on, with others in the same group still battling. If you rejoin immediately (regardless of what battle pokes the game chooses for you), you will re-enter with fully-charged team. If the lugia goes down now, you should be still in the same battle and not have to start a new one.

Re-joining, though, means the damage count starts all over again. Even if you win the battle, your contribution before rejoining will still be excluded. You may end up with less reward e.g. no TM, but at least you need not fight again and have a chance to catch the legendary!;)

1 hour ago, Samezuka said:

My partner tried 6 times, all ran away.. Hes starting to get very frustrated. Told him not to give up, there are people who only caught one after spending 9 passes. Dont be depressed, better luck next time

I dont have anymore pass to go into raid that y depressing coz i dont have enough coins to get them...

3 hours ago, 4evaboring said:

I dont have anymore pass to go into raid that y depressing coz i dont have enough coins to get them...

My partner spent actual money to get a box of passes. Tried another time after also failed. He just wants one, and niantics friggin RNG chose to troll him every single time... seeing him upset made me pretty angry at niantic

6 minutes ago, Samezuka said:

My partner spent actual money to get a box of passes. Tried another time after also failed. He just wants one, and niantics friggin RNG chose to troll him every single time... seeing him upset made me pretty angry at niantic

Tell him to chill ba 
No point stressing over it too much, it's just a game after all
Take some time to figure out how it works and what's the best way to take down the legendary 
If this time didn't manage to do it, just try again
I had been having problems even getting into the raid at all, kept getting Error 
Jiayous!

12 minutes ago, Samezuka said:

that 1 of the reason why i didnt spend real money on it coz the catch rate is low...

3 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Re-joining, though, means the damage count starts all over again. Even if you win the battle, your contribution before rejoining will still be excluded. You may end up with less reward e.g. no TM, but at least you need not fight again and have a chance to catch the legendary!;)

So if I rejoin the battle with a new team of Pokemon, after having been kicked out cuz all my Pokemon fainted, the "life-bar" of the legendary will go back to full?
It will go back to full for me only ah?

32 minutes ago, enthuboy_93 said:

Tell him to chill ba 
No point stressing over it too much, it's just a game after all
Take some time to figure out how it works and what's the best way to take down the legendary 
If this time didn't manage to do it, just try again
I had been having problems even getting into the raid at all, kept getting Error 
Jiayous!

Well he actually won. But they kept running away after exhausting the premier balls. If tomorrow onwards theyre going to be more elusive niantic better roll out trading system so i can trade one to him. Grrrr

2 hours ago, enthuboy_93 said:

So if I rejoin the battle with a new team of Pokemon, after having been kicked out cuz all my Pokemon fainted, the "life-bar" of the legendary will go back to full?
It will go back to full for me only ah?

If you rejoin before the legendary is completely taken down, the life bar will be around where it was last (reduced a little bit more, from others battling while you were exited). But if you rejoin after the legendary has been taken down, it will be a new battle with a new group. Then the "life-bar" of the legendary will be full, since it's a new battle, see? ^_^

Trick is, when pokes fainted, must quickly go in resume battle...and stay in until legendary taken down!

so far i caught 1/2 lugia and 3/3 articuno.  bf only caught 1/4 lugia and 2/6 articuno.  i lvl35, he lvl39.  

we noted that feed golden berry and aiming the throw for when the circle is smallest is more effective.  plus great/excellent throw la.  of coz must dodge the attacks so that wont lose all 6 mons.  but sometimes kena hang very sian.

8 hours ago, Cube3 said:

If you rejoin before the legendary is completely taken down, the life bar will be around where it was last (reduced a little bit more, from others battling while you were exited). But if you rejoin after the legendary has been taken down, it will be a new battle with a new group. Then the "life-bar" of the legendary will be full, since it's a new battle, see? ^_^

Trick is, when pokes fainted, must quickly go in resume battle...and stay in until legendary taken down!

Ah okay, thanks for the info 
Too bad my game is quite unstable, very difficult to rejoin the battle
Really by luck.. haha!

2 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Bonus extended for 72hrs.

Seriously this game has been managed so badly, from events to game play, they should seriously fire the CEO.

too hard to get them tat y alot ppl complaining... i didnt get my articuno again...

2 hours ago, 4evaboring said:

too hard to get them tat y alot ppl complaining... i didnt get my articuno again...

15 hours ago, Samezuka said:

My bf and I had a lot of headache with the raids on Sun too.  But a little chill helps.  I only got my birds yesterday, with all my raid passes on Sun wasted on runaways.  The official "catch rate" is supposedly to be just over 2%, but it seems that for most people, its closer to 25-50%.  I know there are cases of 100% hits for some lucky ones.  My BF caught his on first try for both birds, whereas I did not.  But he got a lot of error messages with the raids while I did not, though mine lagged like crazy.  So far the weekdays have been kinder to me, getting 1 of each bird yesterday and today, though I burned 5 attempts on Sunday with zero success.  Tomorrow one more try and I'd have used up my stockpile of coins.

One thing for catching the legendary birds though - try to go for raids in places with heavy traffic, eg town/cbd/popular spots (Hougang 401, MBS).  With more people fighting, it seems there is a better chance for good rewards.  Then catching the birds is a trick of waiting and aiming your balls.  Feeding them golden berry helps a bit too.  If you can, go for Great/Excellent throws all the time, and switch left/right-hand curveballs.  Your chances increase with them.  

5 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Bonus extended for 72hrs.

Seriously this game has been managed so badly, from events to game play, they should seriously fire the CEO.

Yeah.  The lag is horrible!

Instagram @the_meowprince

I know it's no big deal but to me, I am so happy that I caught my first Articuno, which I told my pogo friends that I will happily retire from the game when that is accomplished. Not that I'm not playing any more but I can take a back seat with whatever that is happening thereafter :) 

IMG_3797.JPG

Be cool, like a breeze...

30 minutes ago, MeowPrince said:

My bf and I had a lot of headache with the raids on Sun too.  But a little chill helps.  I only got my birds yesterday, with all my raid passes on Sun wasted on runaways.  The official "catch rate" is supposedly to be just over 2%, but it seems that for most people, its closer to 25-50%.  I know there are cases of 100% hits for some lucky ones.  My BF caught his on first try for both birds, whereas I did not.  But he got a lot of error messages with the raids while I did not, though mine lagged like crazy.  So far the weekdays have been kinder to me, getting 1 of each bird yesterday and today, though I burned 5 attempts on Sunday with zero success.  Tomorrow one more try and I'd have used up my stockpile of coins.

One thing for catching the legendary birds though - try to go for raids in places with heavy traffic, eg town/cbd/popular spots (Hougang 401, MBS).  With more people fighting, it seems there is a better chance for good rewards.  Then catching the birds is a trick of waiting and aiming your balls.  Feeding them golden berry helps a bit too.  If you can, go for Great/Excellent throws all the time, and switch left/right-hand curveballs.  Your chances increase with them.  

He has used up all his remaining passes today. All 3 of them ran away AGAIN. The odds are so bad its starting to piss me off too even though my own odds were far better. Whats with this horrible RNGesus?

Guest Poke Dot
7 hours ago, 4evaboring said:

Yeah I got another 2 failed raids today, RT and Loogi flew away even after 13 balls, some of which were excellent, mostly greats and all golden razzies.

Yeah these are like adding insult to injury, after 400+ kraps still no shiny. TMD!! RAGE QUIT LIAO!

Guest Poke Dot
8 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

Precisely, its like they design the game to be played on an iPhone 10, a lot of the graphics and animations are nice but really not that necessary, as much as that can contribute to a pleasant overall experience, itself crashing the game multiple times makes a worse and frustrating gameplay. Seems like their servers are also struggling with the load, and they can't even plan events properly, ownself smack ownself.

Also 他妈的! keep getting all 2 and 5k eggs for the past 2 months, today hatch 3 Nidoran and 3 Ponyta consecutively ... :swear:

5 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Yeah I got another 2 failed raids today, RT and Loogi flew away even after 13 balls, some of which were excellent, mostly greats and all golden razzies.

Yeah these are like adding insult to injury, after 400+ kraps still no shiny. TMD!! RAGE QUIT LIAO!

LOL yeah really loogi. Dont give up hope though. My bf also wanted to quit because of these annoying raids :( So unfair how some can get an entire page of them when he couldnt even get one. Maybe its a stupid game afterall lol

6 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

I love the phrase "rage-quit"; It's so expressive!:whistle:

12 hours ago, Samezuka said:

He has used up all his remaining passes today. All 3 of them ran away AGAIN. The odds are so bad its starting to piss me off too even though my own odds were far better. Whats with this horrible RNGesus?

Is he hitting every ball or just that unlucky?? D: Good luck to him on the next one, perseverance!!

If he is missing / wasting balls, then he need to have more patience during the catching phase 

The double stardust, double exp, double spawn rate, 0.33x incubator, 1/3 candy distance and legendary raids bonuses will be available till end of this week friday.... so dont worry if you havent got the articuno or the lugia (I havent got either myself). Yea I have heard people getting legendary with just a nice throw and golden razz, its all luck! 

12 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

TMD!! RAGE QUIT LIAO!

HAHAHHAHAHA!

8 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Also 他妈的! keep getting all 2 and 5k eggs for the past 2 months, today hatch 3 Nidoran and 3 Ponyta consecutively ... :swear:

I've been hatching gligars and mantines.  At least yours can still evolve and park gym.

7 hours ago, Samezuka said:

LOL yeah really loogi. Dont give up hope though. My bf also wanted to quit because of these annoying raids :( So unfair how some can get an entire page of them when he couldnt even get one. Maybe its a stupid game afterall lol

IKR!  I read somewhere that one of the first lvl40 in Sg got 15 Articunos.  So unfair.
Then again many of those who show off 100 Pes A Tyranitars or 500 Lapras, pretty obvious what they do.....  :whistle:

Have a happy day folks.  I'm kinda semi-retired from catching now.  Am sticking to early morning gym parking to restock my coins and to evict the known Red/Yellow spoofers in my area.  

Instagram @the_meowprince

4 hours ago, AlVinyl said:

Is he hitting every ball or just that unlucky?? D: Good luck to him on the next one, perseverance!!

If he is missing / wasting balls, then he need to have more patience during the catching phase 

None of the throws missed, some were even excellent/great :/

Guest Poke Dot

So fun, fourth consecutive Ponyta... :swear:

But finally caught a pes A Loogi with fourth ball also, no great, no excellent throw, just a golden razzie and hit the outer most ring cos my finger slipped... :blink:

So, apparently they have increased the catch rate by a teensy weensy bit for the 3 birds, so it'll be a teensy weensy bit easier to catch, by like, 0.01.

13 hours ago, Samezuka said:

None of the throws missed, some were even excellent/great :/

:( Good luck to his next raid then! If its yours, its yours haha. My Lugia ran away even when I had 11 ball, caught another with only 5

BTW, anyone staying at the east want to raid this two days for more articunos or Lugias?

1 hour ago, enthuboy_93 said:

Btw, anyone happened to hatch a kalos cap pichu?

I think you mean Kanto, unless got some other hat event/ bug O.o

I hatched one.

2 hours ago, 4evaboring said:

i yet to get pichu with cap or my articuno... getting sad got the rage quite feeling already

Dont give up. My partner didnt despite almost 10 failed attempts and wasted passes, and yesterday he managed to finally get one with wonder IV!

Guest Poke Dot

Finally caught the stupid lan jiao after 2 raids, pes b though... again not even a nice throw. Maybe should start to anyhow throw, having better luck like that.

17 hours ago, citricacid90 said:

The double event made me level up from 35 to 37! XD

Yeah was making the most of it, evolving and catching! Interestingly, some evolves resulted in pokes with legacy moves which are supposed to have been phased out. Curious...

35 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Yeah was making the most of it, evolving and catching! Interestingly, some evolves resulted in pokes with legacy moves which are supposed to have been phased out. Curious...

Wow really? Which Pokémon and moveset were those? Curious :) 

Be cool, like a breeze...