Male HQ

Pokemon Go [Now in SG]

Sinon

Congrats to those who have caught at least one! I am compelled to follow this number sequence since I have caught all the past legendary Pokemon with such qty: 5 Articuno, 4 Suicune, 3 lugia, 2 moltres and 1 zapdos. Kind of lame I know haha. 

Wish I got luck like @orionmiz!

Edited by Coolbriz

Be cool, like a breeze...

35 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

Congrats to those who have caught at least one! I am compelled to follow this number sequence since I have caught all the past legendary Pokemon with such qty: 5 Articuno, 4 Suicune, 3 lugia, 2 moltres and 1 zapdos. Kind of lame I know haha. 

it ok, each of my legendary are less than 5

1 hour ago, Coolbriz said:

Still got until the end of the month for one legendary, so jiayou!

Hmm means you will try for 6 raikou and 7 entei (and maybe 8 mewtwo and 9 ho-oh) in future?

26 minutes ago, orionmiz said:

Still got until the end of the month for one legendary, so jiayou!

Hmm means you will try for 6 raikou and 7 entei (and maybe 8 mewtwo and 9 ho-oh) in future?

Haha logically it seems like it but I doubt I got the time to achieve that.. got to end some where. 

Did you guys practise a "trick" to increase chance of throwing excellent ball? My friend demonstrated to me and it seems quite effective. First is to hold the ball until the ring gets as small as possible. Then release the ball. Wait until Suicune strikes again and do the curve ball and throw by end of attack animation by Suicune. 

On 9/4/2017 at 3:14 PM, Coolbriz said:

Did you guys practise a "trick" to increase chance of throwing excellent ball? My friend demonstrated to me and it seems quite effective. First is to hold the ball until the ring gets as small as possible. Then release the ball. Wait until Suicune strikes again and do the curve ball and throw by end of attack animation by Suicune. 

Totally. There is this timing thing: 1) spin ball - but not throw - until the ring reduces to the right size, then drop the ball and wait. 2) The raid boss will do a definitive action e.g. Tyrannitar, Suicune will jump upwards. Right after jump, throw curve ball and it will hit raid boss at where the ring-size was last stopped.

Seems to be a little trickier since last update as the circle now sometimes "pop" and deflects ball away :huh: but yes, nevertheless the best trick I've learnt.

Edited by Cube3

Guest Poke Dot
8 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Totally. There is this timing thing: 1) spin ball - but not throw - until the ring reduces to the right size, then drop the ball and wait. 2) The raid boss will do a definitive action e.g. Tyrannitar, Suicune will jump upwards. Right after jump, throw curve ball and it will hit raid boss at where the ring-size was last stopped.

Seems to be a little trickier since last date as the circle now sometimes "pop" and deflects ball away :huh: but yes, nevertheless the best trick I've learnt.

Just tap on the ball, dun have to spin. When ring comes to right size, just lift finger, shouldn't drop the ball... :whistle:  I find better to spin and throw after it attacks, not when it jumps - not sure but seems for me the jumping cancels the locking trick some times. Btw instruction video is posted on page 29.

Bag now bursting with overload of rare candies and golden razzies! Thinking of using up some rare candies (cuz gold razzies may need for more Mewtwo raids down the road), but really can't decide which mon is worthy of rare-candy power-ups. Lugia? Snorlax (but already enough defensive mons). Moltres? Lapras? And everyone says Suicune is useless... What does everyone think?

Edited by Cube3

3 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Bag now bursting with overload of rare candies and golden razzies! Thinking of using up some rare candies (cuz gold razzies may need for more Mewtwo raids down the road), but really can't decide which mon is worthy of rare-candy power-ups. Lugia? Snorlax (but already enough defensive mons). Moltres? Lapras? And everyone says Suicune is useless... What does everyone think?

Golden razz is super rare nowadays so worth stocking up. You can start collecting or converting candies for rhydon or Golem if you do not have enough for upcoming Entei. :) 

On 9/7/2017 at 4:53 PM, MeowPrince said:

Suicune is kind of a letdown.  Vaporeon works much better in its place.

For those of you planning a line-up for Entei, just use good old Vapey.  And you just need 6-7 trainers to take one down (or 4-5 with Hydro Pump vapeys).    Keep your Golems and Rhydons for Raikou.

Legendaries are overrated. There's a lot of Vaporeon vs Suicune (of the original Pokemon games) discussions all over the net. I suppose Niantic is honouring that.

Then again, with the amount of folks asking for another round of CP evaluation... who knows?

On 9/1/2017 at 11:11 PM, Coolbriz said:

Oh ya, care to share where did u catch them? Scattered at same location?

Shiny mons are unique per player. A mon that is shiny to your friend beside you doesn't mean it's a shiny for you. In other words, no point sharing shiny locations.

13 minutes ago, Glyph said:

Legendaries are overrated. There's a lot of Vaporeon vs Suicune (of the original Pokemon games) discussions all over the net. I suppose Niantic is honouring that.

Then again, with the amount of folks asking for another round of CP evaluation... who knows?

Shiny mons are unique per player. A mon that is shiny to your friend beside you doesn't mean it's a shiny for you. In other words, no point sharing shiny locations.

Yup, am aware of that but sometimes when I'm in a stage of denial, any source of hidden hope may help lol. I have personally seen my friend who shouted out with joy when we both caught the same magikarp, his, being the shiny one :) 

3 hours ago, Glyph said:

That's why, I say use good ole Vapey.  More tanky, faster attack speed, better damage.  No point wasting stardust.  Legendary cats are just for collection.  

I have to kick Rhydon and Ttar out of my estate gyms every morning, and honestly, a cheapo 2.2K Vapey (easy to get too) is far more effective than any Suicune.

Likewise Shiny mons.  I threw away mine coz low IV, low CP.  Bah, I rather spend the time at a machop or geodude nest. 

Instagram @the_meowprince

3 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

Likewise Shiny mons.  I threw away mine coz low IV, low CP.  Bah, I rather spend the time at a machop or geodude nest. 

Throw away shiny mon?! (Gasp) I still have a shiny magikarp, unevolved at only 13CP....it will stay forever in my poke-storage...:huh:

I also don't get how they do comms for raids. Most of the players I see are families, groups of friends, solo aunties/uncles, or some hot hunk that I'm too shy to approach. I always pogo alone. Sighpie.

4 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Throw away shiny mon?! (Gasp) I still have a shiny magikarp, unevolved at only 13CP....it will stay forever in my poke-storage...:huh:

Too much rubbishmons.  Made way for the damned birds.  It was my 2nd karp anyway.

8 minutes ago, Glyph said:

I also don't get how they do comms for raids. Most of the players I see are families, groups of friends, solo aunties/uncles, or some hot hunk that I'm too shy to approach. I always pogo alone. Sighpie.

Hahah at least you see hot hunk!  I tend to find that I'm alone the only REAL person there.  The rest seem to "fly" in out of thin air!  Only when I battled that one raid in London did I see other physical people.  Here in Singapore, most have graduated to flying.  

Instagram @the_meowprince

When I was in BKK traveling alone, a land without sgpokemap, I could only depend on my pogo map to look out for raids nearby. I didn't expect to see any players at a random gym out of the busy streets. Surprisingly, I bumped into a group of active players, enough to raid a lugia or articuno. Initially, they spoke to me in Thai, which I couldn't reciprocate. The power of pogo however, allows us to communicate with pogo lingo! I even followed them to go for a few raids before we parted, as I ran out of passes. 

Edited by Coolbriz

22 hours ago, Glyph said:

I also pogo alone, and sometimes the people (uncle/aunties/students) in my neighborhood would come over and talk to me and the rest of the other lonely players.

But the new update, letting you know how many players are in the lobby already, made people quiet again, other than checking out each other's stats to see if they can beat the raid boss with a small group size of people (6 or less)

P.S. Wow hot hunks. They play pogo? Wew.

Holy mama.

Guest iwantmysnorlax

my snorlax ran away after just one throw...even tho i used a golden razzberry, ultra ball and an excellent throw :(

i never seen a hot hunk playing pogo in my neighbourhood but there is one big group of aunties and uncles who are very active tho

5 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Another surprise catching a perfect Suicune near Vivocity. Double happiness as I saw a hunk arriving to the raid in his running gear ;) 

Wow perfect, congrats! Up to now no perfect legendaries, and still traumatised after a perfect Lugia had run away last month!:clap::clap::clap:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/09/20/pokemon-go-announces-a-new-double-stardust-equinox-event/

'Pokémon GO' Announces A New Double Stardust 'Equinox' Event

Paul Tassi 
forbes-go-equinox.jpg?width=960Niantic

Pokemon GO

I have been beating this drum for weeks now, that Pokémon GO needs to start making “proper” global events again like it used to, and it appears someone has been listening. Pokémon GO is getting back on the worldwide event train with a new Equinox event that kicks off September 22nd and runs through October 2nd.

It’s not exactly the most revolutionary event in the world based on what’s being offered, ie. there aren’t any new mechanics or minigames in play, but this is a return to the “old school” type of event that the game has been missing. And there’s an extremely important reward for this one: bonus Stardust.

Here’s a full breakdown of what to expect from the Pokemon GO Equinox event:

• Double Stardust for catching Pokémon and hatching eggs
  • 2 km eggs that contain non-2 km Pokémon like Chansey, Larvitar and Mareep
  • Special boxes in the story that include Lucky Eggs, Lure and new Super Incubators which hatch eggs 1.5x faster
  • Registering a new Pokémon to your Pokedex will net you triple XP

Kind of a random collection of bonuses there, but the Stardust one is key. It’s by far the most valuable currency in the game at this point, one of the only things you cannot collect from raiding, and it’s key in upgrading Pokémon as it can take hundreds of thousands of Stardust to max out even one of your powerful Pokémon. As far as I can recall, there have only been a scarce handful of times when Stardust has been a part of any Pokémon GO event, so this is going to be a must-play for players who are constantly running low on the stuff, which should be more or less everyone. The Stardust economy is a bit broken in GO, and it makes you want to upgrade practically no Pokémon but your absolute strongest, but this should help with that burden to some extent.

The mini eggs are a neat idea, and the Pokémon they contain are certainly on the rare side, even if Larvitar hatches have been sort of negated by Tyranitar raids. Still, it’s nice to see that this event has literally nothing to do with raids and focuses on catching Pokémon and hatching eggs, which is what the game used to be based around until raids took over everything. We have heard about Super Incubators coming to the game for a while now, and I'm curious to see how much they'll cost (200 coins?) and if they'll be sold outside of this bundle once the event wraps.

This is definitely what GO needed to do right now. I’m not sure how energized the playerbase will be for this event, as we are certainly not in the same place we were a year ago, but double Stardust is going to be hard to resist for anyone still actively playing.

This starts in two days, and we’ll get a larger picture of what to find in mystery 2 km eggs then. Start saving your Pokeballs and gobble up as much Stardust as you can when this starts. There’s no telling when we’ll see another Stardust-based event like this again, and you should definitely take advantage of the Equinox event, especially if you have a new fleet of legendaries that need upgrading.

Anyone caught Raikou yet? Caught one on second attempt. Tossing ball got to slightly adapt as it charges much faster than Suicune. Wasted a couple of balls before making the right adjustment to the throwing timing. Good luck guys ;) 

Edited by Coolbriz

17 hours ago, not_a_runner said:

Oh wow! A raid in Singapore? Where is it?

A colleague caught his Mewtwo at a raid in New York (haha, you know how ;)).

It happened at 12noon to 1pm today one was at bukit batok/gombak, another one was behind Anchorpoint near stirling road. These were invitation only raids though....

On 10/1/2017 at 3:51 PM, Sibelius said:

It happened at 12noon to 1pm today one was at bukit batok/gombak, another one was behind Anchorpoint near stirling road. These were invitation only raids though....

Saw a Mewtwo being used in a raid in Australia last week, but not yet in Singapore. Wondering if hard to catch...

14 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Was told a family of 4 who went bkt batok all managed to catch mewtwo. May not seem too difficult.

Yes, seems quite do-able...but very suay if someone finishes the raid, but cannot catch! :frustrated: