Male HQ

PRC Bashing (compiled)

Guest Guest

SINGAPORE - A 40-year-old China national was chased out of the MRT train by commuters after exposing her hairy armpits in public.

Masseur Lin Xi Lin was on her way to meet her client when she was chased out by a group of elderly local women who were on their way to Chinatown.

The incident occurred on Feb 15, at about 9.45pm.

Teh Soo Kim, part of the group of elderly women, said that they decided to confront the China national. "The woman was combing her armpit hair in public. It was such an unsightly thing to do on the train", quipped Mdm Teh.

"That is why we decided to chase her off the train."

The group of women used their umbrellas to hit the women while one of them dragged her out by grabbing hold of her armpit hair.

One commuter, Mr Lee Chee Keong, who was on the train, commented: "The old women were brave. Even though the China woman looks quite strong, one of them managed to grab hold of her long armpit hair. I wouldn't have dared to touch her armpit hair if I were her."

The China national ran away after the alleged attack.

Is this real?

I find it so hard to imagine especially the bold parts.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Tay Ping Hui weighs in on Sun Xu controversy:

Let it b clear, I hv nothing against FTs making an honest living, but in this case, I cannot & will not let this pass. http://pic.twitter.com/xvoPDGTf

I take offence when an impertinent ingrate educated by SG taxes can turn around & call Singaporeans dogs. Yes, 孙旭, YOU.http://pic.twitter.com/RUjuQAr4

Tay Ping Hui weighs in on Sun Xu controversy:

Let it b clear, I hv nothing against FTs making an honest living, but in this case, I cannot & will not let this pass. http://pic.twitter.com/xvoPDGTf

I take offence when an impertinent ingrate educated by SG taxes can turn around & call Singaporeans dogs. Yes, 孙旭, YOU.http://pic.twitter.com/RUjuQAr4

Yup I knew about it. Kudos to Tay Ping Hui!

안녕하세요.

A Ministry of Education (MOE) scholar from PRC, Mr Sun Xu, 25, sparked widespread anger and condemnations among Singaporeans when he posted an offensive online remark that “there being more dogs than humans in Singapore” on 18 Feb. He posted the comment on China’s microblog “Weibo” complaining to his compatriots about his rude encounter with a Singapore uncle.

Initially, he refused to issue any apology but with the public pressure mounting and the confirmation of NUS investigating into the matter, he finally capitulated and issued a public apology on his Facebook.

The PRC scholar from Jiangsu Province has also contacted the Chinese Embassy in Singapore for help, informing the Embassy that the Disciplinary Committee of NUS has asked him to attend a disciplinary hearing on 13 Mar.

Mr Sun went to the weekly event, “Student Reception Day”, organized by the Chinese Embassy on Thursday (23 Feb). He confessed to the Secretary of the Embassy’s Education Section, Sun Zhiping, that he deeply regretted his impulsive action which he published those inappropriate words online. He later realized the seriousness of the problem and therefore has deleted the offending online postings, and apologized to the university authorities and the Singapore public.

Sun said that he understands he is the cause of this unfortunate incident and he can’t shirk his responsibility. However, he sincerely hopes that he will be given a chance to atone himself by later repaying Singapore for “nurturing” him all these years.

In response to media queries, another official from the Chinese Embassy Madam Zhou Jian Ping said she was disappointed with Sun and had asked him to apologize to Singaporeans, NUS, his teachers, friends and everybody.

“The Chinese Embassy will not submit any request to NUS. We believe the university will handle the matter in a just and fair manner,” she said.

Madam Zhou’s stern rebuke to Sun is in stark contrast to PAP MP Baey Yam Keng who initially tried to put in good words for Sun by saying that he might not mean what he said and then asked Singaporeans to reflect on their own behavior instead.

Sun came to study in Singapore in 2006 on a MOE scholarship. He is currently a final year Mechanical Engineering student at NUS and will be graduating in 2 months’ time.

Supporting one of these MOE foreign scholars for their undergraduate studies is not cheap. According to one estimate by one of the TRE readers (http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/02/19/cost-of-scholarship-for-foreign-student-given-by-moe-understated), it costs the taxpayers about $174,000 to pay for 1 foreign scholar to study in a 4-year degree course in our local universities.

It remains to be seen how the NUS Disciplinary Committee will be handling the matter on 13 Mar.

Sun Xu's news is going viral across Chinese news networks.

9abae080gw1dqgs6rnt57j.jpg

凤凰网广州站:【中国留学生称新加坡“狗比人多”遭批 求助中国大使馆】在新加坡国立大学就读的中国留学生孙旭,因为早前在微博发表“新加坡狗比人多”争议言论遭网民批评,更有人要求新加坡国立大学开除他的学籍,撤销他的奖学金。日前孙旭就到中国大使馆求助,对于自己发表不当言论深感后悔,http://t.cn/zObY1UT

PRC woman physically attacks Singapore man at AMK Hub

pc_600x450.jpg

A Chinese national woman caused a commotion at Ang Mo Kio Hub yesterday after she pushed her boyfriend, who hit and shattered a glass door.

The incident happened at about 2.25pm on 25 Feb in the popular mall located opposite Ang Mo Kio MRT station.

Nearby shop staff say that the Chinese national woman, in her 40s, had been shopping in a mobile phone shop when her boyfriend, a 56-year-old Singaporean man appeared.

The moment the woman saw her boyfriend, the two started quarreling.

In the course of their fight, believed to be over money, the woman repeatedly hit and pushed the man.

Just as they were passing a beauty salon, the woman pushed the man hard enough for him to lose his balance and fall towards the glass door.

The glass door shattered after the man impacted it with his head and back as he fell.

As a result of the commotion, police were alerted.

Officers arrived shortly and were seen taking statements from the couple.

The beauty salon happens to be owned by former TV actress Chen Hui Hui.

Ms Chen told reporters that the man has apologised over the incident and has given her compensation for the shattered door.

Source: Shin Min Daily News, 26 February 2012.

http://temasektimes....scholar-sun-xu/

Schlumberger severs all ties with PRC MOE scholar Sun Xu!

Breaking News: Schlumberger has severed all ties with NUS PRC scholar Sun Xu!

Posted by temasektimes on February 27, 2012

The Temasek Times has received an email from the External Relations Office of the Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore clarifying that Schlumberger has terminated all connections with NUS PRC scholar Sun Xu:

“The Faculty of Engineering wishes to clarify that Mr Sun Xu is not an intern with Schlumberger. Mr Sun’s final-year project involved a few visits to the company for discussions with engineers there. Schlumberger has since advised Mr Sun and the Faculty of Engineering at the National University of Singapore that these interactions be discontinued.”

NUS has also clarified that Sun Xu is not on any internship at the moment. It is not known if Schlumberger terminated Sun’s visits after receiving numerous complaints from netizens about him.

According to Sun Xu’s linkedin account before it was taken down, he is currently on ‘attachment’ at Schlumberger as a ‘project supervisee.’ It also documented clearly Sun Xu’s ‘involvement’ in several projects of Schlumberger thereby giving an erroneous impression that he was its intern. However, with Schlumberger now stopping Sun Xu from visiting the company, he may not be able to complete his Final Year Project which final year engineering students at NUS must pass in order to graduate.

A final year student in Mechanical Engineering at the National University of Singapore, Sun sparked a near nationwide outcry among Singaporeans with his offensive remarks on there “being more dogs than humans in Singapore.” on his microblog ‘Weibo’ last Saturday.

In the same thread, Sun used the term “瘪三” to describe Singapore uncles, which is a derogatory word typically used in Shanghai to describe the underclass bums in the society. It means a person who is a tramp, bum, good-for-nothing fella, beggar, drifter, loafer, outcast, vagrant, destitute and worthless person.

When told by a fellow netizen not to be too fussy, he replied:

“Bunch of 挫逼. My temper these days is already a lot better.”

“挫逼” is a derogatory word commonly used in mainland China for cursing people, an equivalent of the Hokkien phrase ‘CCB’ commonly used as a vulgarity in Singapore to refer to the female sexual organ.

Sun Xu will be attending a disciplinary hearing convened by NUS on 13 March where his fate will be decided. Education Minister Heng Swee Keat had earlier said the onus is on NUS to “investigate the matter and to take disciplinary action against Sun Xu if he was found to have flouted NUS’s code of conduct for its student.”

Born to a wealthy and influential family in the affluent city of Suzhou, Jiangsu province, Sun Xu first came to Singapore in 2006 on a MOE scholarship to study in River Valley High School after which he went on to study at Raffles Junior College and NUS where he majored in Mechanical Engineering.

Unlike other students born in Singapore, Sun Xu did not have to pay a SINGLE CENT for his education in Singapore from secondary school all the way to university.

Senior Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Education & Ministry of Law Ms Sim Ann revealed recently in Parliament that the Singapore government spends some $36 million dollars on scholarships to over two thousand students each year, or about S$174,00 per scholar.

Foreign scholars like Sun Xu at NUS and other Singapore universities have their tuition fees and living expenses all covered by their scholarships. They are also guaranteed a well-paying job upon graduation as part of their bond and the men are exempted from National Service unlike male Singapore citizens who are burdened with a hefty tuition loan and rendered uncompetitive in the job market by their mandatory reservist obligations such as IPPT and in-camp training.

Clarification:

We apologize to NUS and Schlumberger for the misrepresentation and would like to urge netizens to stop writing to Schlumberger to complain about Sun Xu as it has since severed all ties with him.

I cant believe this stupid thread is still alive. Seriously got people read or not?

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Guest Guest

It's no use revoking his MOE scholarship - that only means he needs to pay for the last 2 months of his term at NUS and he will still be able to graduate.

The better solution would be for NUS to expel him completely so that he cannot graduate.

Remember, this Sun Xu is likely to be involved in future in crafting policies in the local educational sector. We don't want a dog like him to affect future generations of Singaporeans.

Guest Guest

Tay Ping Hui's latest comment (1 March 2012)

The right thing 2 do now, is immediate expulsion, revocation of scholarship, & demand a refund, since he obviously doesn't appreciate it.

Guest Guest
Read the comments on this Youtube video, very funny!

That storyline is more common than you think.

PRCs are plying their 'trade' in Geylang and Joo Chiat.

Just be careful.

Guest Guest

http://www.cnngo.com...1643?hpt=hp_bn8

Topic: Who are the world's worst tourists?

Comments:

Mainland Chinese ......no contest!

Chinese - Loud, little knowledge about any other culture and naturally rude...

Chinese are loud, rude, and loooooove to flash their new found wealth buying all kinds of gaudy souvenirs. Also, if you go to an all-you-can-eat buffet, make sure to get there before the Chinese tourists. They act like it's the last food on the planet and make foot tall piles of food in their plates. If you go after them there will be no food for you.

MAINLAND CHINESE HANDS DOWN

We live in the Maldives and the Chinese are the loudest! They go to five star resorts and they bring suitcases of cup noodles because they refuse to eat the resort's food! My husband is a pilot and he told me that they are so loud in flight that he thought there was an emergency on board! It's no secret that hotels place mainland Chinese in another section of the resorts, away from the other tourists, because they are so loud!

I have been traveling the world for over a decade and the winner for the worst tourist is no contest! The CHINESE. They have no idea of manners or etiquette. They are loud, rude and crude. They think they are special and the world revolves around them. They have no idea how to wait in line. They make a huge mess wherever they eat. They think their level of importance is based upon how loud they are. I have many Chinese friends and even they will agree.

...They think their level of importance is based upon how loud they are...

Well, it's 中国 mah... the MIDDLE Kingdom....

Not to mention that, if we compare the Chinese within our own nations, be it Malaysia or Singapore, they also can be the loudest, especially when it comes to complaining.... Most anti-ruling party grouses and noise on the internet back home are actually from the Chinese youngsters.... I sometimes have to shake my head at some of them cos they dun make any sense and factually baseless.... Kinda ashamed of them cos i'm a Chinese descendant too.... :(

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

http://www.cnngo.com...1643?hpt=hp_bn8

Topic: Who are the world's worst tourists?

Comments:

Mainland Chinese ......no contest!

Chinese - Loud, little knowledge about any other culture and naturally rude...

Chinese are loud, rude, and loooooove to flash their new found wealth buying all kinds of gaudy souvenirs. Also, if you go to an all-you-can-eat buffet, make sure to get there before the Chinese tourists. They act like it's the last food on the planet and make foot tall piles of food in their plates. If you go after them there will be no food for you.

MAINLAND CHINESE HANDS DOWN

We live in the Maldives and the Chinese are the loudest! They go to five star resorts and they bring suitcases of cup noodles because they refuse to eat the resort's food! My husband is a pilot and he told me that they are so loud in flight that he thought there was an emergency on board! It's no secret that hotels place mainland Chinese in another section of the resorts, away from the other tourists, because they are so loud!

I have been traveling the world for over a decade and the winner for the worst tourist is no contest! The CHINESE. They have no idea of manners or etiquette. They are loud, rude and crude. They think they are special and the world revolves around them. They have no idea how to wait in line. They make a huge mess wherever they eat. They think their level of importance is based upon how loud they are. I have many Chinese friends and even they will agree.

APPROVED.

안녕하세요.

Guest Guesty

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1188719/1/.html

NUS to decide on disciplinary action against Sun Xu

SINGAPORE: The National University of Singapore's Board of Discipline met on Tuesday to decide on the disciplinary action against China national Sun Xu.

Earlier this month, Mr Sun posted on his microblog that "There are more dogs than humans in Singapore", to describe how some people would stare at him after he brushed against them in public.

Mr Sun appeared before the board comprising of senior academics and representatives of the NUS Students' Union.

In a statement, NUS said the board is reviewing the matter and will decide on the disciplinary action in one to two weeks time.

Mr Sun has two weeks to appeal against the decision, if he chooses to.

Student disciplinary appeals are considered by the Disciplinary Appeals Board (DAB), which is chaired by a senior member of the University leadership and comprises senior academics separate from the Board of Discipline. The DAB's decision is final.

- CNA/fa

NUS BOD took around one month to meet to decide on the disciplinary action on 12 Mar.

Now they further need to take one to two weeks to review the matter to decide on the disciplinary action.

Where's their efficiency?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

What efficiency?

They are hoping everyone forgets the incident and public sentiment calms down enough for them to announce their expected decision to just let him off with a stern warning.

Guest Guest

It's quite obvious they'll revoke his scholarship to placate the masses first*, and when he appeals (which is expected), they'll then downgrade it to a stern rebuke. He graduates, life goes on as per normal.

NUS has been bending over backwards for these PRC punks in the past decade, to the extent that these PRC punks have become extremely 目中无人.

* Revocation of his scholarship is NOT good enough cos revocation doesn't affect his graduation and it just means he pays the last 1 month of his studies without reimbursing the S$200,000 of Singaporean taxpayers' money.

If he has such an attitude towards sg, I wonder how is he gonna contribute towards sg and what kind of loyalty can we expect from such a fellow.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

Why is the Govt so harsh on its own citizens but lenient on foreigners? Two students were expelled by a childish prank that hurt no one – this foreigner who eats our food, and has his scholarship expenses paid by Singaporeans – yet openly despises us, and practically gets away scot free. Imagine if a Singapore student made disparaging remarks against members of another race, MOE would probably have expelled him. You get a bitter sense that there is a double standard and unfortunately most Singaporeans are on the losing side.

Guest Guest

Why can't NUS just do the simplest and right thing and just expel Sun Xu?

He insulted Singaporeans by calling them dogs, and was also guilty of criminal intimidation by threatening to wait for Reform Party candidate Alex Tan Zhixiang with a knife.

His apology, which was completely insincere, came only after his post went viral and he risked losing his scholarship and student place.

Guest Guest

这就是现代社会, 如果你是 " 有前途的知识分子 ", 别人总会网开一面, 认为你只是一时糊涂, 年少无知, 但如果你是目不视丁就不同待遇了, 哈哈, 一大讽刺, 不知 NUS 的领导人都可有些许国家意识?

肏他那狗娘养的贱B货!

从今以后,所有的新加坡人的目光都不要转移!

一定要盯住孙旭那混蛋的下落。

他以后无论在本地或者在世界的任何角落,都逃不过曾经在新加坡发生过这起时间的阴影。

Creating Din is one of their capabilities, not to mention what the woman was complaining about (stealing others husband) - not I anyhow say one har, read Xin Min Wan Bao please.................... I have nothing good to say about them

woah , so kua zhang , better then mediacorp actors

The topic title is changed to reflect the topic discussed.

Defending the pride of the nation is considered bashing?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
It would be better if the thread is titled "Growing Dissent Towards PRCs".

Actually I'm quite impressed that GM left the thread to stand as it is, other than changing the title.

It shows the recognition (at some level) that since there are so many people (members and guests alike) who have negative sentiments against the PRCs for various reasons, so may as well let them have a space here to discuss and vent.

Guest Guests
i think all the prc and other foreign workers are having legal working or travel passes in sg. why don't you guys blame the one who gave them the visa?

I think people here do recognise the root of the problem (like what you say). It's just that because BW is not a political forum, such discussions on politics and political issues are better canvassed in other related forums.

When u defend something u bash something.

It would sound weird if it's named "Singapore in Defense"

How about

"Defending Singapore from bashing by Foreigners"

instead?

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

PRCs just love to cause trouble in Singapore. The latest example:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1189569/1/.html

Man dies after being hit by taxi allegedly driven by passenger

SINGAPORE: A cleaner on duty at the Budget Terminal died after he was hit by a taxi allegedly driven by a passenger on Saturday morning.

Police have arrested the suspect, who's a 30-year-old Chinese national.

They said they received a call at about 6.50am on Saturday, saying there was a dispute between a CityCab driver and his passenger.

Police said the caller reported that a passenger had allegedly assaulted a 57-year-old taxi driver at the road side along the stretch of Airport Boulevard, in front of SATS In-flight Catering Centre 1.

Witnesses said both the passenger and driver were seen arguing.

The passenger was then seen getting into the taxi and driving towards the direction of the Budget Terminal.

Police said moments later, the same taxi was involved in a traffic accident when it hit a 34-year-old cleaner at the driveway in front of the Budget Terminal.

The man, who worked for Chye Thiam Maintenance, was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics at 7.13am.

The taxi also smashed the glass side door next to fastfood restaurant McDonald's and a traffic light was badly damaged.

According to witnesses, the suspect allegedly tried to flee from the scene but was stopped by passers-by.

The taxi driver is believed to have chased the suspect when he drove off in his cab.

The victim is Mr Chandra Mogan, who is a Malaysian.

Colleagues said he was the morning supervisor on duty and had worked for the company for at least three years.

His family is in Johor and he has four children, aged between three months and 10 years.

Responding to media queries, ComfortDelGro, which operates CityCab taxis, said its driver picked up the passenger early on Saturday morning.

Its spokesperson Tammy Tan said that halfway through the journey towards the airport, the passenger allegedly started getting violent.

It said the driver stopped the cab, activated the distress button and got out of the vehicle.

Ms Tan said the passenger also stepped out and allegedly started to attack the driver and then got into the taxi and drove off.

She said the driver was injured and sought medical attention at the hospital.

ComfortDelGro is assisting him, as well as the police in their investigations.

It's understood that the China national had abrasions on his forehead and was sent to Changi General Hospital.

Changi Airport Group said it's deeply saddened by the accident and has extended its condolences to Mr Mogan's family.

Netizens on Channel NewsAsia's Facebook page responded swiftly to the incident.

Many were outraged and they also wanted the suspect to be harshly punished.

Others expressed shock and sadness for the victim's family.

- CNA/ck/fa

• G_M changed the title to PRC Bashing (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.