Happy National Day from BW

Bern

• Bern featured this topic

;):clap::P:D

THIS IS MY COUNTRY. THIS IS MY HOME.

TO MY FELLOW COUNTRYMEN, I SHARE THIS SPECIAL TIME WITH YOU,

HAPPY 51st BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE.

images.jpg

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Can't help quoting him from the cute guys thread. While u won't see him closeup....he's one of the aerial performers in NDP....quite cute looking. 

Can't find much except his name in some newspaper articles. Wayne Wee. From MDC, SAF. 

He's the guy in white t-shirt with arm tattoo in some moments of NDP practice footage. 

Clip already set to his interview part.

Edited by nixorn

Guest Happy?

Are we truely happy? If not whats so happy ?

Tell that to those who have to work hard to support families, to the old aunties and uncles who have to work as cardboard collectors or cleaners, tell that to the homeless, the single mother with lack of govt support. Tell that to the stressed out kids strugglingbfor psle, o levels, tell that to thousands who struggle with terrible mrt system.

Beyond the stuff that make you fed up with the politics here and hard living at time among other negative stuff... you are still more luck and alive than many other people around the world. This is above all still home. This is where I most likely will die a true blue Singaporean. This is where my parents are, my friends and my roots. For better or worst. If one life may change later that allows you to leave this little red dot? Even if you do, there will always be a part of you that will still not forget this this little dot that once... was home.

Till that day comes, you are never alone to slog it out but with the rest of us alongside with you hehe.. Welcome home.

Edited by upshot
typo... too sleepy to notice earlier heheh

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

No one is born perfect. Not everyone wants to be under social guidance or rely on others. If someone hit rock bottom and continues to believe that life would be better off if they had help. Yet do nothing. Than things just remain the same since no effort to change it. Comparing happiness of others over your hardship will not make it any better. When you start to open your eyes and see the hardship of others far worst than those here, than maybe you'll realize things aren't so bad after all. And before you rant at me for judging you without knowing you than let me ask you to ponder:-

If you managed to read, write, especially on this social platform. Do you honestly think it was your solo effort? Someone made them more accessible and affordable, even thou tough and expensive. There are others who don't know how to read or know what social media is. 

Happiness can be anywhere, if you choose to see it, it is no where, if you fail to believe you are looking at it. 

Last but not least, Big Thanks, to all who had appreciate the banner, to those who had credited my little effort. 

To all, A happy National Day, may we all have good health to continue basking in it's glory and safe protection. 

1 hour ago, nixorn said:

A mashup of songs of local singers....by Kelly Poon....as she travelled across singapore to the airport.

One of few corporate ads that I enjoyed. Congrats Starhub! With all the "Founding Fathers" hype for 2 continuous years, a tribute to Mothers of our Nation is refreshing! Simple and Classy. :clap:

I relate to this MV so much. I had taken so many trips to and fro the airport and home on a taxi working nearly 2 decades abroad. I would always request the taxi uncle to take the ECP to or back from the airport because I want to look at the skyline of Singapore. It has changed so much over the years! I do think it has become one of the more impressive city skyline in the world!

(There is one thing that bugs me about Kelly's MV...if taxi uncle took me on the route depicted in the MV....I'll be singing a different tune:whistle:. Or....it is a route requested by someone who is not coming back anymore.:()

Thanks @nixorn for sharing the videos and Happy National Day to all!

Guest Happy

What is there to be happy about ?  at least 8 friends have lost their jobs this year 2016, after working there for more than 10 years....

how many here are really Happy ?

• Guest locked this topic