Male HQ

Buddhism Discussion

Guest Fan Ren

On 14/11/2016 at 6:04 PM, Salt&Pepper said:

Actually, if you read the original Dr Strange comics, you'll see that the past authors anyhow whack one. So I do think the writer and director of the Dr Strange movie did some proper research ground work and more cautious in presenting the Buddhism influence in the movie. However, I'm a bit hesitant to say the faith followers can learn many dharma from the movie. Spark interest to learn more about Buddhism, maybe. But I do confess I enjoyed the movie very much!

Speaking of which, what are the movies you watched in the past that you feel that they have Buddhism influence and very good? When I watched movies like The Matrix and Lucy, I got the feeling that the writers must had done some research into Buddhism.

There was a Korean one I watched some time back... its called Spring, summer, autumn, winter, spring or something like that. I can't really say what are the Buddhist values it is trying to say but I think its got a bit of life cycle, impermanence and Karma in it.

I feel more lonely during Oscar season than V Day...

2 hours ago, stdevil said:

There was a Korean one I watched some time back... its called Spring, summer, autumn, winter, spring or something like that. I can't really say what are the Buddhist values it is trying to say but I think its got a bit of life cycle, impermanence and Karma in it.

Hooray! :clap: Youtube got! I will watch it when I get back from my business trip in China. For those interested...

41 minutes ago, fxsims said:

Watch Lucy and you know you are not alone when you are hook up to the cloud

I remember I was completely awe stuck when Lucy was able to access the full potential of her brain. I must watch that movie again. :P

印光法师: 烦恼是沙石,弥陀是巨航

人在生死轮回中,无量劫来所造的恶业无量无边。倘若专仗自己修持的功夫,想灭尽烦恼惑业,了生脱死,比登天还难。假如能相信佛所说的净土法门,以真信切愿,念阿弥陀佛名号,求生西方,无论业力大小,都能仗佛慈力,往生西方。譬如一粒沙子,掉进水里就沉,而千万斤石头装进一艘大船,石头不但不沉没还能运往别处。石块比喻众生的业力深重,大轮船比喻阿弥陀佛慈悲愿力广大。倘若不念佛,靠自己修持的功夫想了生死,必须到业尽情空才行。否则就算烦恼惑业断得只剩一丝一毫,仍然不能了脱生死。惑业比作极小的沙子,沙子再小,照样沉没水中,决不能自己浮出水外。只要有真切的信心,念佛求生西方,不再起别的念头,专一志诚念佛,就能灭除宿世恶业,犹如太阳一出,冰雪融化。若能深信不疑,无论生死,都能得大利益。念佛能为一切众生回向,就与佛的菩提誓愿相合,如一滴水,投入大海,立刻与大海一样深广;未到大海的水,不要说一滴,就算长江大河,与大海相比仍是天壤之别。

《印光法师文钞增广卷二-复裘佩卿居士书二》

《印光法师嘉言录:四、论生死事大-乙-诫专仗佛力\丙-示临终切要》

dahsizhiamitabhaguanshiyin

Pardon me for I am closer to the Chinese names of the buddhas and bodhisattvas.

Bottom left - 地藏菩萨, his neighbor is 不动明王

Above 不动明王 is 大日如来, to his left might be 阿弥陀佛

The top first row, I know right side is Manjusri 文殊菩萨, most of the time his partner on left is Samantabhadra 普贤菩萨

第一层:文殊(左)普贤

第二层:北方不空成就佛 (右手印为特征)(左)

第三层:大势至菩萨 (左)、阿弥陀如来 (其手结根本印)(中)、观世音菩萨 (右)

第四层:虚空藏菩萨 (左手持的法器为特征)(左)

第五层:大日如来毗卢遮那佛 (五智印)(右)

最底层:地藏王菩萨(左)、大圣不动明王(右)

其余的佛有点难以辨认出。

I tot l3 as gary too. Just unusual for guanshiyin to be right to amtf n for dsz to be on the left of amtf.

大圣不动明王 is an enlightened being? Anymore reincarnation?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

4 hours ago, fab said:

I tot l3 as gary too. Just unusual for guanshiyin to be right to amtf n for dsz to be on the left of amtf.

大圣不动明王 is an enlightened being? Anymore reincarnation?

@fab Guan Yin is always on the right and Da Shi Zhi on the left of Amitabha. (注意:我们看图片的左右) 

[大圣不动明王]是大日如来的教令轮,是大日如来的化身,是大日如来的忿怒尊, 故称为明王尊者。

25 minutes ago, Gary Changg said:

@fab Guan Yin is always on the right and Da Shi Zhi on the left of Amitabha. (注意:我们看图片的左右) 

That means Guanshiyin is actually on the left hand side of Amitabha and Dashizhi on the right.  

• Guest locked this topic
  • Bern unlocked this topic

for those interested about rebirth/reincarnation into animals show read this small segment on the animal world in Hell....
Sorry Traditional Chinese Only

sample -
fz4ONhb.jpg

file available here -
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Alhs3ofTHZzmgX9qVhyL0Z872j1Z

source -

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/buddhist-verses-silent-readings-reflection-part-4-a-5426829-492.html#post116852605

Edited by heliumduck

Finally one of the books that makes it  easier to under the Five Precepts
i apologise for the hack and slash scanning and edditing =(
this book should be in an EPUB or MOBI imo and not a PDf

sample -

OjiMNWP.jpg

Z705KeQ.jpg

full book file available here -
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Alhs3ofTHZzmggClVuqFaMxkPavE

source -

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/buddhist-verses-silent-readings-reflection-part-4-a-5426829-493.html#post116880883

Edited by heliumduck

8 hours ago, kidster said:

Does anyone know where and how to pick up proper meditation tactics?

Temple, there is a course.   I think you need to google or Call Kuan Ming San temple near Sin Ming area.  They have brochure on their notice board with regard to buddhist courses, meditation...etc

11 hours ago, kidster said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditation

On 11/17/2016 at 10:07 AM, Gary Changg said:

On 11/17/2016 at 10:36 AM, Guest Right said:

That means Guanshiyin is actually on the left hand side of Amitabha and Dashizhi on the right.  

To clarify, the one to the left of amtf in the pic i.e. the one with a lotus is dsz. 

This is quite unusual as dsz is mostly to the right of amtf.

https://zh.m.wikipedia.org/zh-sg/西方三聖

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

12 hours ago, kidster said:

http://www.sg.dhamma.org/

i went for this, but i went for the one in Japan during november, so it was all cool and comfortable. but living in the mountains with the insects? well... 

this is a very good base for mindfulness meditation. i benefited a lot from it. =)

+65 9090 four four nine six (WA), fourthandthird (Line)

Tiong Bahru market vicinity

$80 / hr - tui na + minor fixing + bone setting (if necessary)

$35 (approx 15 mins + -) - 抓根 Zhua Gen ($5 bundling discount applies when not done stand-alone)

$50 flat rate - treatment of lower back / disc herniation issues. Add $10 for additional area.
Gua sha - $15

$36 bonesetting-and-go (5 - 10 mins)

Daily 10am to 10pm last appt but please text in advance. Special early / ultra late appts are possible, just book in advance.

Please keep your mask on 😃

On 10/15/2018 at 1:46 PM, kidster said:

I got very interested and convinced with the power of meditation after reading how the boys survived in the cave where the oxygen level is low and without food for 17 days.

Beside reducing stress as a benefit, I heard it does slow down aging. I wonder how true it is.  

You would be gravely be disappointed at the end if this is your motivation to learn meditation is based on what you wrote.  Speak to a meditation master first before you commit.

Physical exercise is a better option to reduce stress and slow down aging.

Just wondering my BF is buddist and is going to travel with work...thinking of getting him a “fuo” to carry in his wallet. Unfortunately cos I’m from a different religion how do I go about getting one for him.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

42 minutes ago, Guest Amulet said:

Just wondering my BF is buddist and is going to travel with work...thinking of getting him a “fuo” to carry in his wallet. Unfortunately cos I’m from a different religion how do I go about getting one for him.

Fu is not a Buddhist thingy. It should belong to Taoism. 

Buddhism doesn't advocate blessing. It only believes in karma. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

53 minutes ago, fab said:

1 hour ago, Guest Amulet said:

no doubt what fab said is correct

but you know there are a variety of amulets out there.......

bugis guanyin temple, you can ask for it

or buy at any other temple/ buddha tooth relic temple, all the other buddhist centres also have

taobao also have pendant types

6 hours ago, fab said:

Thank you for updating me. Good to know about the Fu. However,  he does carry something in his pocket... Must ask him.  

5 hours ago, heliumduck said:

no doubt what fab said is correct

but you know there are a variety of amulets out there.......

bugis guanyin temple, you can ask for it

or buy at any other temple/ buddha tooth relic temple, all the other buddhist centres also have

taobao also have pendant types

Now this rings a bell, about something he got from the Guanyin Temple. How do I ask for one?

This temple is along waterloo st (near the hindu temple)...I have accompanied him to pray there.

Unfortunately Buddhism has evolved into something it shouldn't. 

Whatever thing we have about Buddhism, Buddha or Bodhisattva should remind us about the teaching of Buddha n nothing else especially not blessing or protection.

Most Buddhist temples cater to praying Buddhists but not practising Buddhists.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

6 hours ago, fab said:

Unfortunately Buddhism has evolved into something it shouldn't. 

Whatever thing we have about Buddhism, Buddha or Bodhisattva should remind us about the teaching of Buddha n nothing else especially not blessing or protection.

Most Buddhist temples cater to praying Buddhists but not practising Buddhists.

true, real Buddhism is not about amulets, charms, idols and merits. there is no magical protection or heavenly points system.

it is just about simple cause and effect, living free from the ego, acceptance of impermanence, compassions and helping human ascension. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 11/14/2016 at 8:40 PM, Guest PorkyMonster said:

Just a thought - as we sleep, in our dreams, were we aware that we were dreaming?

If we weren't aware, then what makes us believe (strongly, in fact) that the world we're in, while "awake", is real?

I don't think this is too complicated.

When we are asleep and dream, we are not aware that we are dreaming.

When we wake up, we are aware that we had a dream and that now we are awake.

If things were so confusing, then when we fall asleep and start dreaming we would realize that we just passed from dream (our real reality) to reality (our real dream).

But this does not happen.  Therefore, our "reality" when we are awake is more real than our "reality" while dreaming. 

Also, I don't remember that we ever dream that we are asleep, or sleep in our dreams.

So there is no symmetry, no equivalence.  We can trust that the state of awake is real.

The only thing real in this world is the present moment you are in. 
There is no past or future, except as Memory or Anticipation in your mind. Same applies for dream or waking state. 

In terms of the waking life, the Buddhist view, shared by many other world faiths, its that even the waking world is impermanent and in that sense, not real. (illusion or Maya). However that is not to say that it was not real at one point of time. 

Most people can confidently attest that this waking life is real. They are real, that their body is here and concrete. But once a person dies, his body is only a dead shell. But that is still evidence of the person that once was. Give or take a few decades, there will be bones to show this person was real and that he existed. However, fast forward a few thousand or million years, there will be nothing. No bones, no proof, no evidence you were ever even here. That you ever existed. 

So "real" exists on a spectrum, that honestly is not important once you achieve a certain level of openness and enlightenment. You are no longer so preoccupied with what is real or not, because it is quite a silly quest to prove or disprove. the only thing real is this very present moment.

This is the impermanence of our existence. And it applies also to this earth, plant, universe - and it affirms another philosophical observation that the only constant (and real) thing is Change.

So we are just drops in a river, it doesnt mean we are more or less important, but that we are only real in this present moment, and that is what Humanity must give significance to, not what came before or after, as the past (memory) & future (anticipation).

there is also further teachings on this, where our understanding of time of being linear is challenged. but once again, that leaves the spheres of buddhism and into theosophy/universal wisdom. not many are interested or willing to break the illusion of everyday life.

so how real your waking life is, is dependent on how awake you are spiritually. you don't need to go anywhere to be in a nightmarish hell, it all boils down to your state of being.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 10/24/2018 at 1:44 PM, tomcat said:

true, real Buddhism is not about amulets, charms, idols and merits. there is no magical protection or heavenly points system.

it is just about simple cause and effect, living free from the ego, acceptance of impermanence, compassions and helping human ascension. 

The protection come from chanting the mantras, not from wearing amulets or praying to Buddha statues.  The Buddha statues are everywhere, some even put inside toilet as deco. It is just a piece of stone and nothing else.

Don't read and response to guests' post

22 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

The protection come from chanting the mantras, not from wearing amulets or praying to Buddha statues.  The Buddha statues are everywhere, some even put inside toilet as deco. It is just a piece of stone and nothing else.

Moving deep into esoteric Buddhism, even the chanting mantras/sutras is not needed. As these were all created much much later after Buddha's parinirvana, they are "added-on" as a shortcut for humanity to access the wisdom.

as such, the "protection" "wealth" "refinement" aspect of these mantras/sutras have also been distracted from the main message and teaching, actually. in this way, Buddhists are still applying these transactionally, for eg: "recite this, and then you will get this".

it's actually not the core teaching of Buddhism, but this is really deep to the level that most do not want to accept or look into, because it can destabilise their hold on their practice. 

but if you are willing to look deeper and simplify the practice, the universe will supply the master and the teaching. just as it did for me. 

The Buddha is just one leaf on the whole tree of the master plan. The issue is that separate factions of religions and faith systems are trapped in the doing, and believing, that they cannot see the whole tree - just the leaf they have been given.

Human ascension happens when differences no longer divide. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest 印光法師文钞
On 10/24/2018 at 11:02 PM, LeanMature said:

至于佛像,要当作真佛看待,不可以当作土木铜铁等无情之物看待。经典是三世诸佛之师,如来的法身舍利,也要当作真佛来看,不可以当作纸墨等一般的书籍看待。面对佛经、佛像时,应当如同忠臣侍奉圣主,孝子捧读遗嘱。能够这样,就没有业障不能消除,没有福慧不能具足了。【——复邓伯诚居士书一 印光大师】

you have the audacity to comment in the buddhist thread while being disrespectful to buddha statues? you need to read up more texts written by masters before spewing things you thought are right, but have no basis. 

Hi Lads,

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments. I was just asking for advice on something I could give to my bf cos he’s based overseas now. We’re both of different faiths and have accompanied each other to our various places of worship and do prayer for each other’s health, safety, family and etc.

If there is well and good - I’m open to suggestions. 

On 10/27/2018 at 12:51 AM, Guest 印光法師文钞 said:

至于佛像,要当作真佛看待,不可以当作土木铜铁等无情之物看待。经典是三世诸佛之师,如来的法身舍利,也要当作真佛来看,不可以当作纸墨等一般的书籍看待。面对佛经、佛像时,应当如同忠臣侍奉圣主,孝子捧读遗嘱。能够这样,就没有业障不能消除,没有福慧不能具足了。【——复邓伯诚居士书一 印光大师】

you have the audacity to comment in the buddhist thread while being disrespectful to buddha statues? you need to read up more texts written by masters before spewing things you thought are right, but have no basis. 

On 10/25/2018 at 2:02 PM, LeanMature said:

Though I disagree with leanmature pertaining to protection, I doubt he's disrespectful. IMO the statues r there to remind us of the dharma rather than supernatural reasons. 

5 hours ago, Guest FTPSS said:

Hi Lads,

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments. I was just asking for advice on something I could give to my bf cos he’s based overseas now. We’re both of different faiths and have accompanied each other to our various places of worship and do prayer for each other’s health, safety, family and etc.

If your bf is a practising Buddhist he won't need any of those thingy. 

If he's a praying Buddhist, he can get an angbao with a coin inside from Waterloo temple. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

12 minutes ago, fab said:

Though I disagree with leanmature pertaining to protection, I doubt he's disrespectful. IMO the statues r there to remind us of the dharma rather than supernatural reasons. 

If your bf is a practising Buddhist he won't need any of those thingy. 

If he's a praying Buddhist, he can get an angbao with a coin inside from Waterloo temple. 

The statue is there as a reminder, it doesn't matter even when it is not there. 

Of course, showing respect to all Buddha images is still necessary, the same goes to any images of other religions.  

Don't read and response to guests' post

5 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

The statue is there as a reminder, it doesn't matter even when it is not there. 

Of course, showing respect to all Buddha images is still necessary, the same goes to any images of other religions.  

True, some 2500 years ago, when siddhartha gautama was propagating the dharma, there wasn't any temple, statue or amulet. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

7 hours ago, Guest FTPSS said:

Hi Lads,

let me break down the power of amulets.

they are just activators of Intention, and only function as such. 

there will be no amulet, trinket or coin that can protect anyone from anything, especially if that event is monumental to his or her life path and spiritual journey. as such, you have to learn to function outside of your grasp of "good" and "bad".

one of the critical lessons of true buddhism is that there is no "good" or "bad" - just events and happenings that can teach or invite more enlightenment within. even something which on the outside looks "bad" or unfortunate, can be a blessing in disguise. 

back to amulets, sigils and holy objects, they are just tangible reminders of a person's intention, so if you do want the best for your bf, or for him to be able to keep his thoughts clear and healthy at all times, then sending him good intentions every day, will work better than sending him off with a magic coin.

the only times objects are imbued with true properties are through chaotic changes in cosmic intentions, and as such, those things are rare. they happen out of great shifts, that normal humans are not able to control or impart into an object. so they are not gotten for a few bucks at a shop or temple like a souvenir.

to reframe it for you. if you love your bf, do you think buying a coin/amulet for him is more substantial than keeping him in your daily intentions and prayer? time away from each other is also a kind of test scenario to share your love across time and space. the latter is also non-denominational, meaning your prayer and intention works no matter what religion he is.

learn to trust your own power and intention, and place less in objects of worship, or idol artefacts. once you access your own meditation and spiritual practice, you learn to harness true buddhist teaching, wisdom and power.

good luck to you :)

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

18 hours ago, tomcat said:

let me break down the power of amulets.

they are just activators of Intention, and only function as such. 

"Activators of Intention" !  That's nice, haven't read this description before.

We usually say "motivators",  but "activators of intention" sounds like a mechanical device, haha.

They could be some sharp points that poke the individual to make him follow his intentions...

Edited by Steve5380

3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

"Activators of Intention" !  That's nice, haven't read this description before.

We usually say "motivators",  but "activators of intention" sounds like a mechanical device, haha.

I guess in some ways, there is some mechanics to it. Most symbols, especially religious ones function as a target where one projects their worship or intention to. So within the christian faith, that would be a cross, thus it is used in a similar way as a buddhist amulat- as a reminder of faith, but also to keep one safe, or in movies, to be used to wield power over demonic entities or called upon in times of duress.

it's hard to say if this widespread practice has roots in animism (holy rocks, trees, mountains) or is it just a "human" way of keeping close to a greater power. in recent times, this has even been written about in the Harry Potter series, with Horcruxes as an item/being that a person chooses to store part of his soul. In the occult, this overlaps into the practice of having living or non-living familiars as well - they store part of the practitioner's essence/intention of being.

but as we examine the "mechanics", we learn that it is not so much the frills but always the Intention behind it. the object works more like a funnel, or magnifier, something to "activate" the Intention - but harnessing, nurturing and projecting the Intention is actually still the majority of the work. unfortunately, we tend to doubt our spiritual & mental power, so instead misplace our trust on tangible objects instead.

Buddhism, at its core,, has everything to do with refining Intention, Clarity and Focus  and resolving identification with a physical or mental form. so it does make me a little sad at how buddhism is practised today, with the use of merits, amulets, trinkets. once a Buddhist, or practitioner masters the spiritual work, there is no need for amulets.

Certainly, the Buddha himself embarked on his journey and gained Enlightenment with nothing so much as the robe on his back, and he (as well as other spiritual leaders) have been chosen along humanity's history to show just that - we have all we need within, we just need to have faith and bravery to look at what we actually are and go from there towards ascension.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

but as we examine the "mechanics", we learn that it is not so much the frills but always the Intention behind it. the object works more like a funnel, or magnifier, something to "activate" the Intention - but harnessing, nurturing and projecting the Intention is actually still the majority of the work. unfortunately, we tend to doubt our spiritual & mental power, so instead misplace our trust on tangible objects instead.

Buddhism, at its core,, has everything to do with refining Intention, Clarity and Focus  and resolving identification with a physical or mental form. so it does make me a little sad at how buddhism is practised today, with the use of merits, amulets, trinkets. once a Buddhist, or practitioner masters the spiritual work, there is no need for amulets.

Certainly a spiritual person does not need of physical objects to activate good intentions.  

But being helped by objects should not be... objectionable.  Not so!  say the Pentecostals.

For them, the statues and images of the Virgin in the Catholic churches are something devilish!

Pentecostal churches are bare of any sacred objects.  THEY allegedly know the truth!

Instead they push false testimonials to collect money by deceptive preachers

who are experts in fear mongering. Any admiration, appreciation for an object is "idolatry".

Would like to share this with all brothers and sisters, hope all is able to benefit from the wisdom of Buddha. Do note, this is only chapter 1 of Surangama Sutra. If you are interested in Buddhism, this should be the first sutra to understand. May all of you be well and happy.

1 hour ago, Ironrod said:

Would like to share this with all brothers and sisters, hope all is able to benefit from the wisdom of Buddha. Do note, this is only chapter 1 of Surangama Sutra. If you are interested in Buddhism, this should be the first sutra to understand. May all of you be well and happy.

Where is the "wisdom of Buddha" in this video?  Over two hours of ceremonies, chanting, ornamentation, funny dresses, strange ears, strange stories...

Will this video help escape the circle of birth and death?

Edited by Steve5380

8 hours ago, Ironrod said:

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Where is the "wisdom of Buddha" in this video?  Over two hours of ceremonies, chanting, ornamentation, funny dresses, strange ears, strange stories...Will this video help escape the circle of birth and death?

I think that programme sums up pretty well our over identification with Form.

Central figures are given defining physical traits to show that they are special. in this case, almost to comical effect. It is so strange to see chinese actors in asian afros, indian clothes and affectation, but i think they did their best. although it did create a frankentstein of misrepresentation - a mish mash that is more costume than anything

it is fine if the core teaching is somehow indeed disseminated, but as Steve commented, it is still an outward telling without true spiritual content.

It is also a very very good example of when something Formless (like Consciousness, God Intelligence, Enlightenment) is given a form to communicate or visually encapsulate its meaning. It is a kind of a puzzle or inside joke the Universe plays because the more you try to give Form to something that is Formless, the further you will get from accurately conveying what it is. the harder you try, the more distorted it becomes.

this programme is a modern example. but basically, holy books and scriptures also suffer the same fate, in that the written word and embellishments become either a cage or a distorted aspect of Truth. the various Bibles, Torah, Quran, various Buddhist scriptures, Sahib scriptures are all used today as commandments, but they are just distortions.

see how dangerous things get when you push Reality back just a smidgeon. it can crumble faiths and lives, but sometimes it is necessary to break through the illusions. this is fundamentally Buddhist teaching in action. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Reading the above sadden me because if you have read the original sutra, the story depicted is as close as it can get. This is just the 1st chapter of Surangama Sutra and if you can't get the essence then nothing I say will awaken you.

Let me give you some insights, Buddha have a lot of disciples during his time and Ananda being closes to Buddha was not an Arhat. This chapter Buddha try to explain to Ananda, why he couldn't reach Sagehood like the others. The conversation between Buddha and Ananda is the same how we would if we were to meet Buddha today. Ananda had conviction, he follows Buddha truly, his heart and soul is devoted to Buddha but will that allow him to gain enlightenment?

One example Buddha gave was "If I eat for you, will you be full?"

Without understanding the True Mind, we always uses the illusionary mind to judge and purse and treating the purpose as a true purpose. This first Chapter of the sutra alone teaches one how to have the right frame of mind to be a practitioner.

One may know the 4 noble truth, cause and effect and other great theories but if one doesn't know how to practice, one is just merely a scholar. Where does pracitices starts though?

Using your - True Mind.

Discussions about Religion is quite pointless and goes no where.

ITS basically talking and building castles in the air and building a tower on shifty sands.

BUDDHA did say if you do not believe in every word of his teaching and doubt the veracity of the teachings, you are all going the buddhist hell of 18 realms.

GO figure.

• G_M changed the title to Buddhism Discussion
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.