Male HQ

Tokyo / Fukuoka / Sapporo (Japan ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

Guest 2727

I wanted to start this long time ago... but didnt have time. Still dont have time :mellow: to do a proper research but i do have some materials up.

Sooooooo better to start then to wait any longer.

'When u live in/go to a foreign land try (beside their men) whatever they have, if u can'

-Andy@Tokyo

Public baths are different from Onsen 温泉

To be cont'ed

Edited by Andy@Tokyo

I did try a few in Japan... in Toyko ---- Shinjuku - i think is at Nin Chome.. cant remember the name but is definitely great!

In Kyoto - went to straight one.. still nice... the public bath have many different pools for disffernt purpose.. Is Nice and must try!

Guest big guy
I wanted to start this long time ago... but didnt have time. Still dont have time :mellow: to do a proper research but i do have some materials up.

Sooooooo better to start then to wait any longer.

'When u live in/go to a foreign land try (beside their men) whatever they have, if u can'

-Andy@Tokyo

Public baths are different from Onsen 温泉

To be cont'ed

Yes , Onsen much better the public baths,

i went to Onsen last year , my japanese friends drive there arond 11plus pm. still alots of people there, also have bear bear there (plu )

thinking to go there again next month.....

If u think thats abt it of this thread, then, u are wrong.

The Story of the Sakura does not end here...Sakura is also a sign for loneliness.

While its beauty is marveled by many, the life-span of the sakura flowers is short.

Hence, this limited time of 'Happiness' is somewhat lonely.

Everyday, since the sakura bloomed in Tokyo, we sit under the sakura trees and enjoy our lunch. (It would have been better if the lunch is followed by a sex-under-the-sakura-tree-dessert but i have had no such luck yet :D ) When night falls, there would be another party (this time with alcoholic drinks) with those sakura again. If you happened to be in japan during this period, u could imagine urself in a park filled with people having picnic parties.

To be cont'ed

Edited by Andy@Tokyo

Yes , Onsen much better the public baths,

i went to Onsen last year , my japanese friends drive there arond 11plus pm. still alots of people there, also have bear bear there (plu )

thinking to go there again next month.....

yes yes,,, onsen is really really good.,. the one in Odaiba is excellent

Has anyone hired a Japanese male geishas before? They seem to be big in Japan according to the following news.

' At first glance, the man and woman at the nightclub look like any other couple on a date. He flirts and pours champagne, while she looks at him and laughs.

This isn't a date, though. It's business.

The client, a successful executive, has joined a growing number of professional women in Japan who fork out US$1,000 ($1,380) to US$50,000 a night for male companionship.

Think of the men as male geishas, a new breed of entertainers.

They meet their "hosts" in hundreds of clubs that have sprung up around Tokyo. The industry says only compliments are exchanged; the women pay for a man to lavish them with undivided attention.

"There's nothing wrong with a woman paying to be entertained by a man," one female client said. "It's just another step in equality."

It's a dizzying reversal of traditional gender roles in a country long known for female geishas pampering male clients with conversation, singing and dancing.

"I give women things that men normally don't do, such as complimenting on their appearance," said one host, 24-year-old Yunosuke, who only goes by a single name. "I make women happy."

And they make him happy: Yunosuke said he earned more than US$200,000 last year, enough to let him visit a salon once a day to have his hair dyed and blow-dried. "Women see us as one of their accessories," he said. "They like to wear nice things, so I try to look prettier for them all the time."

What drives the business boom is an increase in the earning power of Japanese women, according to Air Group, a company that owns a chain of "host" clubs.

"Japanese women are now working hard and making more money," said Ms Yuko Takeyama, who is in her early 30s and manages Air Group. "They see this as a way to de-stress."

Women love being treated well without the pressures that come with dating, she added.

Yunosuke's customer agrees. "This is a gift for myself. It's the same as spending money on a trip or buying something." — CNN

Funny, my bf and I took photos at Raffles Hotel too but we did not get chased out. I was wearing sleevesless tee, shorts, and he was in tee-shirt and shorts. We ended up at the Long Bar and had the tourist drink- Singapore Sling which in my opinion is nothing to rave about. Too sweet and you don't taste the alcohol.

Love. 

Funny, my bf and I took photos at Raffles Hotel too but we did not get chased out. I was wearing sleevesless tee, shorts, and he was in tee-shirt and shorts. We ended up at the Long Bar and had the tourist drink- Singapore Sling which in my opinion is nothing to rave about. Too sweet and you don't taste the alcohol.

the other Singapore Sling is far better... see you both at 17 tonight maybe? :)

Last wk of Sakura party@ Tokyo

----------------------------------------------

Sakura, The sign for loneliness... ?

But I also See 'Life' though the sakura tree?

The Sakura flowers wither and fade away.. but the new shoots sprout and grow.

Some people depart us but we also get to meet new faces who would accompany in our life...........

Yap, i 'saw' life though the sakura trees during this period..

life.jpg

Hey chelseasian, i have the same opinions too! I had a British guest to entertain years ago and he suggested Long Bar SG Sling... i was like "ok..." i guess its a novelty drink bah.

Koh Samui, I need u...

The following is from what i understood. Correct me if i am wrong

long long time ago..

Onsens were Onsen and Public baths were public baths

The hot water from Osen is from natural heated as a result of nearby volcanic mt, while the water from public baths is processed water. i.e. 'heated manually'

However, while the concept of Onsen remains (mostly)unchanged, public baths have somewhat evolved;

1) People drilled holes deep down into the earth to get the natural 'Onsen water'. therefore, there are some public bath with Onsen too. Nevertheless, because the distance from deep under the ground to the surface of the earth is quite far, the water would have been chilled along the way. Hence, the water is also heated up before supplied.

2) Public baths have medicated water treatments. the operators of the public baths add, flowers, lemon, etc ,etc into the hot water to make the water 'medicated'.

3) Hot jets and hot water electrical treatments are also available in many of these public baths. These are said to help in blood circulation, etc.

4) Public baths are more accessible to the locals who lived ard the area. usually operates from afternoon (mid afternoon 3pm) to midnight. Some public baths have sauna facilities as well.

Its a good place to relax after work and u would get to see many naked str people. more for viewing than for hot actions. If u are doing OT or staying overnight because of work, Public baths are easily within access for a good break and wash up.

Saw on a documentary during last wkend that the like hood of Tokyo getting an earthquake of magnitude 7 is abt 70% this year.

And if such an earthquake do occur, the streets would be flooded with people. e.g. 9 person walking withing an area of 6meters square. (OB would call it the 'butt grinding time')

Do u know that the vending machines would automatically switch mode and dispense drinks for free if a major disaster (e.g. earthquake) happens?

its okie, coz i also didnt know abt it bf.

Edited by Andy@Tokyo

Hey chelseasian, i have the same opinions too! I had a British guest to entertain years ago and he suggested Long Bar SG Sling... i was like "ok..." i guess its a novelty drink bah.

Well I was back in SG after a number of years away, and figured it was time to introduce the BF to the rest of the family. My mum has already met him before here, but not my sister. Anyway, you are right, it is a novelty drink, though we ended up having 2 each as it was really warm that day and we were thirsty. Still we did not get a buzz... I guess people were light-weight drinkers back in the days when it was invented. Still the novelty of throwing peanuts on the floor was fun in a way.

Love. 

The public baths have no restriction as to wat kind of people can or cannot enter.

But, there are certain manners to follow

1) Pls take off ur undie or panty before u go in to the bath.

2) Pls wash urself well before getting into the tub

3) pls keep ur tower out of the tub

4) Pls use the shower while sitting and turn it off when u dont use

5) Pls refrain from washing ur cloths or underwear

6) Pls wipe urself off before cuming out to the dressing area.

My first trip was abt a year back, or perhaps longer...when i first visited a sento call 蛇骨湯. Everyone knows abt this sento.........correction..............almost every PLU in Japan knows abt this sento- Jakotsu the famous PLU cruising sento in asakusa(Tokyo).

Having heard so much abt it, I was curious and went to try the public bath for myself…………..

It was a fine Saturday morning; the sun was up and shining but the air was cold. As I cycled to asakusa, an occasional wind passed by, sending chills down my spine. I smiled and told myself that today is indeed a good day for a hot bath with some hot Japanese daddies. Somehow, this made the 20mins-long-ride to asakusa shorter and before I knew it, I was at the entrance of Jakotsu, only to find the doors locked. :huh:-_-:( This sento operates from 1p.m. and it was only 11a.m. when I reached Jakotsu. (Note: even then I considered myself lucky coz, it was only later that I found out that most Sento operates from 3p.m. onwards.)

'When u live in a foreign land try (beside their men) whatever they have, if u can'

Edited by Andy@Tokyo

May as well log my travel blog here...

note that this is more than 3 years old info leow but my blog hardly contains info per se... more my personal observations and inner thoughts penned down...

Pls feel free to comment, or suggest, or correct as you wish. Thanks for your feedback.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

01-05-05 05:07 am

Reply #165

Baloo

notes from japan

The impression I have of the average Japanese man after the Japanese trip is that there are a few common traits in them… The standard stocky has thick dicks. Also, most are very hairy. Face, chest, legs, arms. They also love to spot crew cuts and goatees.

I’m happy to say I can hold my own and remain in the big category. But not the grandmaster sumo category hahaha…

First night had 4. 1st was really hairy from the buttoxks down. But ok. Tot he be the only one that night for the longest time I slept in peace and nobody came looking for me so I took him since he was sleeping in the same bunk… Oh yeah… those bunks are big… can sleep length or breath ... length can sleep 2 comfortably, breath can do up to six! Length and breath combined can do 3 no problem… hope this helps to create the shape and positions in the mind’s eye… if not, have fun figuring it out! Ok… back to sex…

The 2nd one came right after I cleaned up. This one was cub-stocky 176 75. A bit fem in noise making... But I couldn't cum already... So shake a while and I told him I wanted to sleep... He slept with me... After a while try again and went off a little disappointed when my didi din respond. It was really too soon … still in recharge cycle…

The 3rd was a gem... Wished he came first... Crew cut hair... Clean shaven smooth and with a huge dick...thick, long and large head... From the hand feeling he seemed larger than mine.

He was perfectly happy to oral me and wow... He was good... And he said mine was big... Hhahaha... And commented that I was 'kawai' cute... I also said same of him... We parted happy... Wished I actually seen his face... I think it's very very nice lor... for a one time happy… Hahaha...

In between 2 and 3 there were a few 'feelers' who checked me out but din bite... One I rejected so there were more than 4 (potentially) that first night.

01-05-05 05:38 am

Reply #166

Baloo

Notes from Japan part 2

Actually, the trip started with an all nighter moving all over the island as I settled my outstandings before take off… hasty packing and moving about was joined in by my that one…..who was so sweet to stay beside me all the way. Taking the 6 am flight out is no joke. The American carrier had to clear security and boy they cleared super thorough… checked all the way up my asshole for bombs and such… and even a nail clipper was deemed dangerous and had to be checked in…

The ridiculous nature of the checks were the cause of a 3 hour check in period… I was actually lucky… I seen many others had to ‘pasar malam’ their entire luggage hahahaha…Those I think look middle eastern or something… good for them. After what they did on 9/11, I guess they basically ed just about everyone who is middle eastern in the eyes of the American commoner… and target of stringent checks tru their airline carriers…

The plane was eventually delayed at CIA for over an hour… According to rumours, to fix some part that was faulty and lit up the pilot’s control panel… Not that we cared… we were zonked out (as intended) in our seats… but finally we trundled down the runway and off we went into the air… I was awake for the take off as it was always exhilarating to feel the acceleration of a jet taking off, faster than my car can accelerate to beyond 160 kmh down a 2 km road…

Of course we had breakfast… at the CIA… I tell you diary, the best Sub-Way sandwich is at the CIA… fresh greens … really fresh greens, not the browning, soggy, day-old stuff you get at the other local subway outlets… although sometimes you do get the fresh stuff – must see your timing… but at the CIA, always fresh… dunno why…

Plane meals are generally alright la… and the in-flight entertainment… gosh, 2 movies that I have missed on the local cinemas… hahaha… no more sleep leow lor…

Touch down was half past 2 Tokyo time… and again, the customs was a challenge. However, I got to see for myself, the efficiency of the Japanese system to clear people as quickly as possible… and it was impressive. Although the line was quite long… the cue to the customs officer’s booth was not. Took all of 20 minutes. If it was Singapore or better Malaysia… would have taken an hour…J

Anyway, this other guy in the queue… an Imam looking fellow with white robes, skull cap, beard, slippers, the works… like the Ayatola himself… like Osama… but much older… lots of questions popped in my mind… come to lecture on Islam? Jihad?

Of course, he took WAY longer to clear customs… the Japanese gave him a few more forms to fill… and were helpful when frisking him from toenail to dandruff and all the cracks and holes in between… hahaha.. just my imagination la… we cleared customs before he did even though he was about a hundred persons ahead of us… he was still filling forms as I handed my passport to the officer for the rubber stamping…

We were IN Japan… and so starts the roller coaster ride for the next few days… SHIOK

02-05-05 12:47 am

Reply #167

asianmonk

hello my friend

would i be able to subscribe to your notes on japan?

how much would it cost?

and when will partIII come out?

thanks for all the hard work and research my friend

grrrrr.

04-05-05 04:03 am

Reply #168

Baloo

part 3

First train trip from Narita Airport to Tokyo - Ueno (pronounced U-ae-no) cost dunno how many yen… was not paying attention and just paid… think it’s about 1200 yen? I stand to be corrected… really did not pay attention… and was too excited to see the price.

The trip within Narita to the linked train station was interesting and so I tried to remember what I saw… actually this has a reverse effect for me… I can’t remember a damn thing hahaha…

That’s what the video cam and digital cam is for… din bring the video cam tho… too cumbersome plus I lost the charger (arrrgh…) so the digital cam was the only thing I brought… along with a 1 Gig SD card… and another spare card… should be enough la… if not can just buy another SD card here in Japan!

The train trip was quite comfortable. Clean and quiet… so I looked out the window while Q slept. What I saw was common folk and farm land… and houses so packed but nice… reminds me of the cartoon Initial D scenes of village/small town layout… cars squeezed between buildings etc… a reminder that parking space is a killer in Tokyo… you dun have a certified reserved parking space, you cannot buy a car in Tokyo… that is some interesting rule huh? Here in Singapore, HDB built so much car parks (much… becos cannot count hahahaha) it’s almost a sin…

And at about 4, we reached Ueno train and subway station… what an eye popper this station is. Our local MRT stations cannot even begin to compare… the mall is HUGE… and Hard Rock Café Ueno-Tokyo is smack in the middle of it …so first stop… shopping J

After about an hour at Hard Rock… yeah… would have bought the whole shop if not for a tight budget… first, a T for my boy boy… who couldn’t come as his business career is just starting and needed his constant presence and attention to gain momentum to a comfortable level. I missed him already… and it was just a few hours ago we hugged at the CIA…

After that, straight to the lockers at the station… actually there were quite a few walls of lockers located all over the station… er… just to compare… this station is about the size of suntec city… where you can exit at about 20 different places… so lockers all over… The set we chose was brightly lit, and close to where we were going to exit. Small lockers cost 300 yen per day per use, large ones 500 yen… all computerized… so you see how much you owe the thing before you can open it up if you exceeded the day. There was a locker which showed 2,100 yen… meaning it was locked up for a week leow… Safe la… so the bulk of my luggage, the big bag was thrown into the small locker. It was planned to return daily to get change of clothes, etc for the next day. My back pack stowed my one day change of clothes, and pullover as well as small brick-a-bracs for daily use.

Hahaha… there was a digital clock on the wall of a tall building opposite the open walkway of the station (it leads to a park which was said to be extremely cruisy in the evenings – although we din check it out … too many things to settle – we should do it the next few days – just to see what Japanese cruising is all about…) anyway, the clock… showed the time and the temperature… it read 19 degrees in the late afternoon… I was so comfortable in this temperature…

Next in line… food… next post… it’s gonna be long as it was a totally serious experience of two bumkins in metro Japan… hahaha… YUM...

06-05-05 06:57 pm

Reply #169

Baloo

Notes from Japan trip Part 4

Ueno Station has many sides… by the time we stowed away our bulky luggage and made for the streets, it was already coming to 7 pm… Hungry… Walked past a Yoshinoya at the station as we were leaving… and we were thinking… hmmm… they had some franchises in Singapore… seems Ok lor… wonder how the Japanese version fares… and so we doubled back to the restaurant – well, fast food joint if you like… for dinner... Learnt a new way to open doors there hahaha…

We thought that the way to open doors is same like home right? Sensors that detect our presence and open the doors… since we saw it opening for other people coming out… so we tried to approach it… nothing happened… thinking the sensor not so sensitive, and being my stoopid self, I waved wildly, hoping the sensor would pick me up… and open the door…

Nothing happened… gee…

People inside were gesturing to me pointing at the door jam… so I tried to use my hand to manually open the door…

Nothing happened… I am starting to feel idiotic by now… heh…

At last the other side guy stood up and came to the door… and touched the part with a button… presto… door slides open!!!

BUM-KIN…. was screaming in my head as we headed in… thanking the other chap as we passed… hahahaha… no way to pretend we were natives at that shop anymore…

OK OK main topic… food… we saw (there were pictures) phew… of the food available… and there were two on ‘special offer’ it seems…. So I pointed to one and myself and the other to Q (we had a short discussion to try out these two, which were quite cheap … like 800 yen a piece…set meal, so ok lor) ok… 800 yen works out to $14 bucks… in case you wondering… so it is NOT cheep ok… but on the menu it seems so… everything else in the region of 680 yen to thousand over yen… so … relatively cheep la…

We were blown away by the quality of the food… very very tasty!!! Totemo oeishi…. The Singapore ones can close shop leow.., me never going there again …

Of course we shared our food to sample …

Oh yeah, one dish was sliced pork belly, seasoned and fried… totally shiok taste… the other was sliced beef… the beef is similar to the Singapore fare… but this one tastes much better… but the pork… had ginger seasoning, could taste the freshness of the ginger in the pork seasoning… something unusual… we normally dun do ginger for our pork right? So… wow…

So that was dinner for the day… and we trekked towards our stop for the night… and arrived at 8 pm (the first night…) yeah… the notes are a bit jumbled… like my mind hee hee hee…

Before we got there, we stopped at the local 7-11 to get some bottled water… need that to hydrate ourselves, and to ensure we dun have bad breath!! Yeah, we know… not enough water in you, and your breath STINKS… not to mention you will be sickly, and smelly, etc… so we drank lots of water that trip… ok…. Me drank lots of green tea… in Japan, green tea in a bottle any brand has NO suger… drove Q mad… he can’t stand plain green tea… hee hee… so had to settle for water, or coke…

And I had a sample of the local fresh orange juice drink… man… as shiok as Florida’s …

Pity I din bring my water flask along… I had to finish one litre of juice instead of storing in the flask and drinking it later… Water we bought 2 litres, that we could close the bottle and stuff into the back pack …

By that time, the temperature had dropped to about 15 degrees C… still bearable for me…but fleece is on for Q leow…

So much for food in this part…

for the first day...

08-05-05 10:13 am

Reply #170

Baloo

Notes part 5

The second day…

We agreed to be up at 7. The kaikan is a 24 hour place… so I got and went to the bath to soak, brush teeth – got free disposable tooth brush and disposable razor… and free soap and free water… haha believe me, I’ve never felt so clean so early in the morning before… bloody use everything and cleaned everywhere hahahaha… Funny thing tho… the place has no powder… although it has hair tonic and hair liquid and body liquid (yikes!!! ) ok – the nourishing type la… not the high protein type… that you can get from willing donors. But I dun think you’d look good with that spread all over your face or body when you go out… not to mention the smell ….

Ok so we looked presentable and spiffy in our fresh clothes (actually same pants…) just fresh underwear and shirt and socks… when we left the place.

The morning was crisp and cool, and the sun already shining lazily tru the clouds… it was not a ‘blazing’ sun, but a bright one nevertheless… but cool. Like the aircon is on HIGH… and so in this light we walked back to Ueno station. First order of business, breakfast… (yeah… more food…)

At the local 7-11 type store – it’s called I dunno wat… hahahaha… forgot the name leow… took out some food stuff… the seaweed wrapped triangle rice pouch – also din bother to remember the name… some other take-away and a litre of fresh orange juice. We had breakfast sitting on the sidewalk - a kind of a breakfast picnic… not many people there on the sideroad, either we missed the morning crowd, or this is indeed a quieter sidewalk. I think it’s the latter… Quality of the food… better than anything 7-11 at home has to offer. Bloody good enough to eat it 3 times a day… damn… all for less than 1,000 yen… for the two of us…

Then we went to our lockers and re-loaded our back packs for the evening… old things into the main luggage, and fresh underwear, socks etc for the night.

Q had managed to grab a hold of a detailed directory of Tokyo city, and the trains, and attractions of each station. A very useful handbook indeed. Also the English version of another guide borrowed from our very own national library… but that one less often referred to… NO, he will NOT be lending it to ANYONE… as such kindness would inevitably end in pain as the book becomes torn and worse, lost… you want it? You find it yourself. I think it’s available at the Kinokunia or other such bookstores, else you can order it in from them. Those who want can contact me via PM and I will let you have the title or ISDN number or something …

Today’s itenery was a long list but all clustered, and all ‘optional’ if something else came up. That’s what free and easy is about… so we started at the Ueno City Park. Hahaha… we were fortunate to see the cherry blossoms still out… and the wind carries the leaves like floating flakes when it blows… The park is something out of the picture postcards… and the temperature is perfect for walking around… NO SWEAT… and for us larger sized sweat manufacturing machines… it’s a great relief… so cool there’s no sweat at all.

The baseball cap I brought was a last minute throw in from the car… so nothing fancy… but it’s unique enough… I advertised for Guiness Stout! Hahaha… black top with dark brown foamy visor section. Caught quite a few stares… usually Japanese who wear caps wear NY or some other American logo/symbols… Shan’t tell you what Q wore… but it’s white… so we are black and white… quite a contrast.

Ueno Park is beautiful.

And crowded.

Being Saturday, lots of family and tourists are out… You can tell, especially from Hong Kong, Taiwan and China. All typically LOUDly yakking in their native tongue, and oblivious that they are the only ones spoiling the peace and tranquility of the park. All the Japanese speak softly and you can’t hear them unless they are talking to you, and very near you… Only bloody Chinese shout across the road and talk like they are fugging DEAF. It makes me feel embarrassed to be a Chinese there. 6,000 years of recorded civilization and we bloody cannot behave ourselves nor have any manners to speak of. In this respect, the Chinese stopped evolving 6,000 years ago.

Enough of the lowly species of tourists… back to the beautiful park. There was a temple in the middle of the park, and we stopped there to take pictures, and offer prayers. And of course, Q was there to scope out the beautiful people (read cubs, chubs, uncles and such) and take pictures of them in their natural habitat… hee hee hee…. When he discovered that his camera’s power cell is dead after zooming in and out repeatedly for an hour… He needs to re-charge.

Luckily, the cam I brought uses AA batteries and I got a good supply. No prob for me there… so tourists, when you buy cameras to tour… make sure yours do not use ‘charge only’ power cells… make sure AA batteries also can… so you never run out of power.

Mine (camera batteries LA...) also died that morning… so fresh Lithium AA batteries were inserted… and off we went… shooting like nobody’s business – got a 1 Gig SD card… hahaha… and another 512 card on standby… and taking sub 1 mb size pics we got over a thousand shots on the 1G card alone… cannot finish la… unless you make it a project to finish the storage space.

Ok… back to Ueno Park again… I seem to be drifting to side topics easily….. so many aspects of the tour to remember.

There was this famous spot that attracts cruising in weekday evenings… so we went there to look… innocent enough day time… it’s a baseball field, all fenced up with a row of public toilets (!!!) on the side… wow… Katong Park, stand one side…

Nearby is another spot called the flat-top hill… lots of trees to take cover… hee hee hee… I could see the potential of this place already… gee… if we stayed longer, we might cruise here some night just for the experience… (too bad we didn’t but it’s something to do next time we come this way again…)

The orange juice – yeah… I had about two thirds of a litre of it earlier is helping move my bowels… as we walked to another part of the park… and finally, I needed to use the toilet… Q was of course amused… he was those type who could re-cycle his waste to go second round – i.e. no need to let go for days….. me? Three times a day is NORMAL.. hahaha…

Anyway, came to this other public toilet… and so in I went… quite cold… 18 degrees… to expose my butt to the toilet seat. But man… the seat was super clean… and so was the toilet … you won’t find such clean even in a 5 star hotel or even our CIA…well… almost as clean… but this is a public toilet – free entry… no money to be paid to those who just collect toll… They should come here for some lesson on what is a clean public toilet… those barbarians…

So I had the most comfortable shit… and came out satisfied, and I spent an extra few minutes to make sure I leave the toilet as clean as when I got there. I dun wan to be the asshole (hahahaha) who made a mess… I was quietly proud that I did not spoil the cleanliness of the toilet I used.

Hahahaha… are we still at Ueno Park?? Yup… some more later… post first… quite a bit of thoughts in this already …

10-05-05 10:59 am

Reply #171

Baloo

Cleanliness has no meaning at sizzler's

my plate after a nice salad leaves some sauce on it. The efficient waitress politely ask if ok to remove it from the table - very nice. Proceeds to whip it off so she can move to next table oblivious that the sauce is flung onto me. I had already anticipated this and siam... But not quick enough. Hand and pants got hit. I called out HEY MISS... but she at the next table leow. After that she turns around to ask 'yes sir?' and when I pointed at the dirt on my hands and pants she said 'oh. No problem' and wolks off to return with a handful of serviettes. I also by that time no more words for her. It would take too long and too much effort to explain to her constructively. She obviously did not know she spilled sauce on me.

Looking around, one more interesting observation. The kitchen help who re-stock the salad bar wears rubber gloves (supposedly to ensure clean handling of salad). but his hands were touching everything. The hand rails, the apron he is wearing, his glasses. The cleaning cloth to wipe the salad bar table... After that, he touches the salad... Keep wat clean? his hands? Must be la.

10-05-05 07:36 pm

Reply #172

Baloo

Notes from Japan... Part 6

Continued from Part 5...

Still at Ueno Park… but we’ve completed the tour there leow… walking to the train station we saw yet another part of the park… this side is … corporate… hahaha… lots of potted flowers, extremely colourful and cheery… and a few al fresco café style eating places…

And of all things… this stall sells candy coated BANANAS… hahaha… took pics of course like real tourists should… they got pink ones, blue ones orange ones.,…. Bloody phallic if you ask me… and all standing up on sticks poked up the ‘ass’ no less… and NO, I did not buy any to try. Which on retrospect, was a mistake… should have the taste to go with the visual rememberence… but … so many flavours… so many choices…which one to do I’m almost glad I didn’t bother… would have spent at least an hour chosing which one to eat. Hee hee hee……

Finally back on the tracks and this time exit at Asakusa (ok Mr Diary, I’m not gonna spell this thing correctly, nor check… it sounds like that to me ok?) This place is where there is a long street selling all sorts of trinkets and foodstuffs… quite an eyeful… lots of eye candy too… and pics to prove it heh heh heh… and luck was with us… two marching bands came tru the streets! It was the weekend ma… the street was chock full of people, and it opened up to make way for the band… and the chanting supporters behind…

It’s a scene that our STUFFY ministry of education officials should go look at… we dun have such fun here in Singapore… got some pics at some gorgeous subjects… and finished our tour of the street. It ends at another temple… and a very nice one at that… and the statues on the gardens… oh yeah.. inspiring…

And at the large opening square… the bands were playing and cheering!! So we looked and pic’ed… before walking away – by then it was late afternoon…

Oh … did I mention lunch??? Hahaha… wait… got to think… can’t seem to remember where exactly we had lunch… as usual , a different place, and different food… local of course… I’d kill my travel companion if he wanted to eat ‘char kuay teow’ here in Japan… Lucky we two were extreme foodies who know to eat native when touring… especially Japan… OK update on food next post… before continuing to dinner at yet another part of Tokyo… by train of course…

to be continued.... soon....

19-05-05 06:14 pm

Reply #173

Baloo

Notes from Japan Part 7

Food on Saturday… Lunch was at the roadside I think… I did not really note down the lunch on Saturday… strange but true… Wait… after Ueno Park, it was already way past lunch hour… and we took the train to Asakusa… where we visited the ally market with lots of small shops brick-a-bats, past a amusement park roller coaster and vertical rockets.

I think we missed lunch that day… ate a lot of street side food tho… ok so much for food… so we left Asakusa for Shinjuku by train.

By that time, night had fallen, and the lights colours and NOISE from Shinjuku was wild. It was really a chatterhouse of lots of people talking, and literally partying in the streets as it was the weekend.

OK, we were hungry already… and were looking for this noodlehouse that had nice noodles. Yes, the travel guide works… and we found it. The front of the shop had this human sized PIG… could not resist taking a picture with it… and the noodles… SMASHING.

Hahaha… being bumkins… we missed again… this noodles was supposed to have minced garlic added to it (like lor mee) – the difference is that the soup here is soup, not a sauce… and man I was upset… me garlic man la… as it was, without the garlic, the noodles soup was already very very tastey… We vowed to return again to eat the PROPER noodles soup before we left Japan.

So it was a long day of walking around… almost 12 hours of it… plus traveling in the trains.

We decided to go back to ‘rest’ hahaha … gee… what a lie…

Second night same place... Was tired after walking whole day so I prepared to sleep when got there at 11 pm.

Found a bunk space and knocked out... Till 2.30 am when I was seriously groped... Discover this guy climbed inside the bunk and was already all ready to go...

So we played and I milked him dry

Then went chatting on the 10th floor as the lower floors was flooded with people – being the weekend….

10th floor was the place for the gym. It had lots of machines and offered hours of pumping action of our limbs should we chose. The lift landing had a long corridor leading to the roof access. The landing had this place where a couple can sit and smoke... two chairs and a cigarette/rubbish bin... The landing was also occupied - by a lone smoker...so we went on the staircase sat and chatted on the landing.

This guy is a lonely soul... .age 30 173 75 who likes chubs and older... Was chatting in mix simple and market Jap and English. Here’s his story:

Hahaha… OK… next post den tell you his story…

19-05-05 08:04 pm

Reply #174

dwoing

oh my...is it gonna be another one of those 'cannot find bf' or 'bf dun wan me' kinda story? Gosh..I think we heard enough of that already...

Quick quick...on to the next day

The dwoing, dwoing, dwoing of rock music, sounding like a tin spring, cries out from its headset cage

23-05-05 04:32 pm

Reply #175

Baloo

wait la... still night time mah... how can go on to next day without the exciting details of the NIGHT at the kaikan??

Anyway... tonite will be a doble post... but will post this part first...

Notes from Japan Part 8

He has been searching for 5 years for a ltr... No go... And easily hurt... So I share with him my philosophy on singlehood and how I define a bf... Turns out he bf within 3 meetings..... I suggested a hundred or two before commiting... He was so emotional cry on my shoulders when telling he was looking and failing in relationships.

After chatting we went down to look for bunk space to sleep... Of course full house... No where available so we slept on the 10th floor gym corridor carpet... Bloody cold considering I only had on a thin kimono and naked from the ass down... Body heat was so comfortable as he slept with me...

Finally can't stand the cold at 5 am and went looking for bunk again... Found it. Slept... He left at 6.30 to prepare to go for work. The space filled by another... And again... Crew cut... Nice dick... And another good sucker!!!! Came.,.. And sleep some more and he left after a while...

What a second night....

Of course, Kazu and I exchanged email addresses the next morning... aparantly, he hasn't left when I went to the showers at 7 am... btw, we are still exchanging short emails... definitely a lead to do business in Japan hahahaha...

23-05-05 05:09 pm

Reply #176

Baloo

Notes from Japan part 9

The third day in Japan was a Sunday… what a great day it was… The sun shone lazily as we climbed to the rooftop of the kaikan to look around – naked except for the bathrobe. The air was crisp and clean – unbelievable we are in a city of 18 million people… All fart the same time we die for sure…

But that roof was great… I was wondering how it would be in those late summer nights in the weekends… only one way to find out… go back there to try lor in summer… hahaha…

OK so we arranged to meet at 7 to shower and leave so we can take the whole day out to tour. We had planned to go to Ginza and just soak in the metropolitan atmosphere. Which we did … very well… we spent the whole day on the road there…

The main road was closed and throngs of people strutted... Very nice day not hot tho the sun was out. Lots of pics taken... of cute people we would love to bed… and of oddities we would like to be reminded of when we see the pictures again some day…

What struck me was the atmosphere. We had seen a ‘closed’ Orchard Road some years ago, something so popular after a while, it became a monthly affair… until somebody complained, an too much red tape was built in to sufficiently turn every organizer off. Well, Ginza has this down to a pat. And it happens here weekly on Sundays.

There was street entertainment – we were so taken by the quality of the performance we bought the CDs of the street entertainers… I would never have bought the CD of the blind guitarist/singer in the Orchard Road underpass, or anywhere else in Singapore… given that these people try very hard… but face it… the performance SUCKS BIG TIME. Not so the performers at Ginza… they could easily have impressed the best in Singapore’s jazz clubs and concert halls. And we have the CDs to prove it…

One was a Canadian classical guitarist… plays the most delightful pieces of Spanish guitar. I was so impressed I bought his two CDs, which I listened end to end for days after the trip…

Later that night, at another part of town – Shinjuku - where we were entertained for an hour by this jazz band… yes, live jazz band on the streets!! Two saxophones and a bass guitar and drums… although the bass player was the weakest of the bunch, the saxes were great… and those drums… a simple jazz set... Just a base and snare drum with 2 cymbals and high hat... gosh… the drummer is even stocky… well, so was one of the sax players… so it’s both eye candy and jazz entertainment. Fantastic show… Bass was weak... But the band held its own with strong drummer and saxaphonists. Q was quite impressed and bought their studio CD for 1,500 yen

OK so Ginza was so tranquilizing we spent the whole day there hahaha… just lazing around in the deck chairs on the streets, people watching.

Finally darkness fell and reluctantly we left – we knew that the traffic would soon be resumed as people began to efficiently move the street furniture away to clear the roads. We made our way back to sinjuku where we ate this great tasting noodle the night before.

Hahaha… did I mention in the earlier blog that we vowed to go back again to eat this noodle properly? We didn’t put in the garlic crush and pickled ginger the first time… an let me tell you… just a teaspoon of garlic into the soup makes the world of difference to the soup. It sprang to life in our mouths and was totally fantastic tasting… the first time already quite good… this time, we tasted the full power of the soup and realized what we missed the last time we were there. After noodles as we made our way to the train station, we sat on the cool street to enjoy a street jazz session.

By the time we got back to the kaikan, it was near midnight… We’d decided that 2 nights in the common room was enough… not enough sleep… keep getting groped throughout the night… this night we asked for a private room and had a restful sleep… but not before we had a fun time down at the lower floors in the common rooms.

23-05-05 05:19 pm

Reply #177

Baloo

Notes from Japan Part 10

Fisting and other activities in the Common Rooms

It was one of those nights in the common rooms that we witnessed for the first time in my life at least, live fisting by real people – not models for the pxxn flick/magazine.

I was actually getting ready to sleep when Q came and told me quietly – come quick, fisting action!!

It was both erotic and spine chilling… this guy was on all 4s pointing his arse way up and his partner was stuffing his gloved hand into the hole… I could see that a lot of lube was used. Din get to see how it started… but this is the middle part leow where the guy’s rear was ready to swollow the whole upper arm quite easily. The fister was so into it he shoved his arm in till it passed the glove… still, the other guy was moaning in pleasure…

I will never forget the scene… later, the fister pulled out his hand and took off his glove to go wash up before continuing… I could see the glove was glistening with lube… and was not soiled at all… clean ass J

And yes, it was a threesome… although by that time a pretty large crowd had gathered to watch… and they were a bit amused, and shy… and stopped playing – after half an hour of action…

I wonder if there are those in our beloved country who would like to be fisted… I met one such guy, but we never tried in the end as we din turn each other on to fist… that was a long time ago… not that I seen it myself live… I’m confident I could do it if offered a chance hahahaa… except I have rather large hands… and the Japs I saw had small hands – definitely better for the guy being fisted…

Then on another night, I chanced to see normal action, in broad flourscent lights J

This one, oblivious to the others, was slowing pumping this chubby cute guy, and the crowd grew sizably as time wore on… phew… wish I had the stamina of this fellow… he went on and on and on…. What a great show… almost like a pxxn star in action … only there was no camera and no extra lights… and these two aren’t models or actors…

No such luck to see such action here in this country… can only hear… but definitely cannot see… this one… phew… takes the cake… (so sua ku… prolly happens there nightly) Lucky my eyes din grow any pimple from watching this… oh yeah… no need to peep… this one in wide-open space… what am I thinking… Was tempted to get his autograph after the event…but decided against it… so sua ku…

25-05-05 07:37 pm

Reply #178

Baloo

Notes from Japan Part 11

Day 4 Monday.

After doing some personal business in the morning at West Shinjuku, we traveled to this place called Roppongi. There was this super tall 52 storey observatory called Roppongi Hills Mori Tower, and cost us 1,500 yen to get up there to view the city… worth every cent as it included entry to the modern museum and a few other special places and phew… Japanese perfectionists at their best – a model city of Tokyo… unbelievable…

We stayed till after sunset to catch the night lights and rested for the day there before going out at night.

What was interesting at Roppongi was the outdoor décor… BEARS!!!!! There were bears lining all over the place, one for each country and decorated in brilliant local colours… hahaha… us bears, looking at such large bears…. Gee… faint…..

Then it was time to leave… and we were hungry…

Sushi was the intention of the dinner, and we wanted to try ‘the best’ according to the guide book… so we went…

we wen to the sushi joint recommended by the guide... Had a fun time finding it... And the joint did not have a menu, nor pictures for reference. With a smattering of half ed japanese, we pointed and gestured at wat we wanted... Hahaha but man… what a meal… the sushi was just totally fantastic on the palette. And we entertained the sushi guy who had fun trying to guess what we wanted… it’s obvious that we were not locals, and the sushi bar was not welcoming foreigners who din speak Japanese…

Cost of the sushi meal... 11,750 yen... Damage to palete... Permenant... Hahaha... Cannot find another so good leow... Especially the eel... Except for Wahiro... Which Q has yet to try. *afternote – we did finally go to Wahiro after coming home… hahaha although he does not and will never admit it, he was totally BLOWN away by the quality of the food there. :- )

OK my tu di commented that I’d strayed from my original philosophy of a blog - that I’d disliked to write about going here today do this, that, there yesterday, did this, that… I still do… dislike a narrative of how much pee I produced in that particular day… so dreary… but this one is different, my dear diary… this one is about notes taken in Japan, so it has to be a little bit chronological, although I do jump around a bit… and it is interlaced with my take on things… so it’s not just a narrative… so there… and – hahaha so please bear with the story telling for a while… it’s back to my old style after the notes ends.

From the third day and nights out, I was wearing Bermudas… Yikes… hahahaha… in 20 degrees C and below… I tell you… it was freezing when the winds pick up, especially at Roppongi… the wind chill made it feel like 10 degrees C instead of the indicated 20C but hell, I won’t get that feeling again when back home. So however, I enjoyed it…

Another take on Japanese men…

Japanese men... Very hairy... Very bad breath if smoke... Non-chubs and non-stocky have very narrow feet.. And almost everybody wears a black/navy suit everyday. Even on a Sunday!

Felt really underdressed in a polo tee and bermuda... hahaha…

Having bad knees dun help. I was already in pain most of the time by day 3… all that walking and kneeling (at night hahahahahaha – just kidding) mostly walking la. Lucky I brought a joint rub with me and Q was so kind to help me apply it on when we used the private rooms. And now I swear by it… it really helps my muscles and joints to losen up and ease the pain. The next days I could walk better – with less discomfort…

On retrospect, the Japs also serve LOUSY sushi… as we discovered a day ago… no wonder I forgot where we had lunch… it was a most forgettable experience. The sushi was room temperature… which was lousy!!!… we just called a few dishes out of respect, and hungry… and paid and left… it left me and Q with this queasy taste in our mouths!! Had to go for good sushi to regain our faith in Japanese food hahahaha especially sushi.

Tuesday 19 April 2005. Day 6 leow... the end is approaching...

Just had the most most sinful hamburger ... At this place called Kua Aina Cafe selling Hawaii influenced burgers and drinks overlooking the Tokyo Rainbow Bridge. The burgers are something else altogether. The richness of the beef and how it’s done… I guess only the King Brew Burger at Brewerkz would bear any resemblence to it. And eating it while watching the sun set… with the bridge as a siluette, and the statue of liberty in the park… just absolutely sets the mood …

We in this part of town that took three trains to reach... The last one most elusive and most ultra modern...

OK… backtrack to the morning… the usual morning stunts… hahaha Q said not to post this… I will … in another post about his locker at the Ueno Station…

From Ueno, we first went to Harajuku to roam the roads... Very different crowd... No more suits.. More the super modern where metrosexuals trim their eyebrows and try to look like Boy George... I suppose Tokyo is big enough to house all types indifferent areas. Most interesting…

Very near to Ginza actually... There's even a Snoopy town speciality shop there...quite interesting.

From Harajuku, we took the train to Shinjuku and changed trains to use the Odeo line (different company) to Shiodome and then to the ultra new line called the Yurikamome Line to Odaiba. Here the giant ferris wheel, the Rainbow Bridge, and very interesting buildings architechure and construction takes place. Looked like an attempt to catch up... Well, they did. Overtaken Oregon leow.

Now gunning for New York... Even have a smaller statue of Liberty here.

Today's fares were high.. Ueno out cost 190. Next 190 again, then er... Forgot leow... Suffice to say an average daily travel expense on trains is about 1000 yen.

It's too much fun now...

04-06-05 05:56 am

Reply #179

Baloo

Part 12 is in the works... this is part 11A

Remember Q said not to post this?... hahaha... I'm posting it anyway...

We were at our lockers at Ueno station and were packing our stuff for the day as usual... This far into the trip, we were both begining to feel the strain of touring by day and adventures by night... not to mention the incessent hands that reach in and fondle you while you were trying to sleep...

So we were a little 'behind schedule' that morning... delayed by adventures in the morning hee hee hee....

And finally we finished and stuff our bags into the lockers chatting as usual.

And then we left to go wonder around...

About 3 hours later, we were back at Ueno station... having bought some bulky stuff needing to be stowed away in the lockers. And that 's when it happened!!

Horror of horrors... when he approached his locker, he playfully tried to open it without the key... and it opened... I could hear the jaw hitting the ground with a clang... not to mention the popping of eye balls out of thier sockets...

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his locker key and looked at it... utter disbelieve... and it showed the reality - He had inserted the coins into the WRONG locker and locked an empty locker just above his intended locker...

My heart was pounding too... lots of valuable stuff in there!! All those souveniors he bought... although no important documents were there - we carry them all the time so we were 'safe' - Nevertheless, it was totally jaw dropping...

Slowly he inserted his key into the correct locker... and twisted it. Click! It unlocked. He opened it fully - to be sure... yes... it was empty... he had locked an empty locker and left his bag in an unlocked locker...

Would there be anything left?? he opened the locker with his bag in it slowly... I'd half expected it to be empty... or ransacked ...

Lesson learnt man... the next time we locked our lockers, we double and triple checked that it was the correct locker we were locking... geezus.....really really shocking.... so blur......

damn......

Lucky we were only gone a few hours... and not one whole day or even 2 days as is usually the case.. dun remember why we suddenly went back when we did...

Oh yes, I checked my locker too of course... and it was correctly locked...

Cost us another 300yen per locker to re-lock our lockers - correctly this time...

Quite an experience huh? dear diary? hahaha... definitely one for the books...

12-06-05 07:05 pm

Reply #180

Baloo

This to be last notes … Part 12… enough leow…

It’s Wednesday. And finally, as if Japan is sad to see us going, the good weather finally gave way to rain. This makes the temperatures really drop around here – rain… not the monsoon type rain you see in the equatorials… this ran is gentle… but it keeps coming down… like a ‘light rain’ here.

We roamed around the Kai Kan for one last time – hoping to find a ‘farewell catch’ – and got really slutty… hitting out at anyone and everyone who looked remotely passable – me la… dunno what Q is doing…. We dun tag team if you know what I mean hahahahah…

And so we finally says goodbye to the Kaikan and walked into the rain. Somehow I felt kind of sad today, and the weather added a nice touch to the feelings inside. We made our way to Ueno Station once more.

Q suggested that before we left, we have to go to Akihabara to see the technological part (read gadgets and gismos for cams, phones, electronic goods etc.) of Tokyo. And so we went. By the time we got there, we were hungry… as usual… and we looked around a bit before we found a nice family looking restaurant selling local food – it’s the first tempura lunch we had there… and damn good too… and just as we left the restaurant, we saw that right next door, was a restaurant advertising that they were selling ‘special’ KatsuKari – Curry Pork Rice… something we both loved hahaha… and so after an hour’s walk around the place, we circled back for 2nd lunch.

I tell you… If we din make it back home at least we won’t be hungry ghosts hee hee hee…

Finally it was time to go. We had to go back to Ueno to pick up our bulky luggage before transferring to the train to take us to the Narita Airport. The final transfer was far not in this Ueno Station, but the main train station next to it. So we lugged our luggage over and finally got on the train (just in time too…) hahaha… we were really cutting it close that one…

Actually there was an option to take the subways train to the airport... but we din have the time to go back to search for it, and we'd never taken it before... maybe next time when we are more leisurely ...

the train out was almost deserted... and I looked out the windows at the passing scenery as we zoomed to the airport.

In retrospect, I was feeling quite down... secretly wished to stay in Japan permenantly... but of course, that would mean finding a job, or starting a business there... and surviving there... hmmm... I think I 'd rather be a tourist there than residing there...

Airport was as usual busy busy... and the reminder that we are back in the real 'backward' world came as we had the usual go-arounds, and stoopid delays at the ticketing part... Q almost lost it and was about to kick up a storm..... when I was looked at by some officials as a fuming internally and taking notes to have a queen bitch fit in writing an official letter of complaint look in my face guy... and they let us jump que... yeah... I can look that way ... absolutely murderous, but very calm and collected, and just ooze danger hahahahaha... yeah... rite...

probably pity me la... look like shit is coming out of my ears probably...

Anyway, we got on board... and off we roared back to sunny and hot singapore...

hahahaha... on our side of the airport, the bloody duty free shop was really an icon of our attempt - read carefully -- attempt... we are far from it... being efficient...

They had two check out counters open out of a total of 6... and had a retrenched person on her first solo duty there... or at least it seems that way to me... hahahaha... so you can guess how long it took as mistake after mistake was made... and credit cards had to be re-swiped, debits nulled, and re-charged...

I think Q just lost 2 kilos just burning up inside.... If not for the fact that we cannot get away with aggrivated manslaughter, we prolly would have killed the cashier many times over leow... anyway, that held us up 45 minutes... er... there were just 2 persons ahead of us... ya....

incredible efficiency... for the company la... cheep labour, only two on duty, cost manpower less.

efficiency in the eyes of the customer? hahhahahaha... efficient in WASTING customer's time.

so our trip ended officially with one word..... F..... u..... C..... K.....!!!!!!

The high side of it is that since we were so farking delayed coming out of the duty free shop, our baggage already unloaded to the floor... the roller thing had stopped hahahahaha...

And we waltzed out of the place as the customs officers had already closed their stations... geezus fugging christ!!!!!!....

Lucky my beloved was there waiting .... as was Q's ride.... and so we parted.... after 6 days .... seemed longer.... hmmm..... but really really enjoyed it... must do it again soon.....

oh yeah... there will be a few epilogues... on some crystalized thoughts on some aspects of the trip.... they will come later... still composing... hahaha

And yes... since coming back.... there were sudden ... painful .... withdrawal symptoms.... and longing... to be back at the kaikan.....damn..... i missed those..... nothing to compare with here... nothing comes remotely close..... and the people, gee... those here are like uncivilised amateurs trying to act expensive compared to the spontaneous playmates there..... shit...

damn....

2hrs wasn’t too long for a wait, especially in Asakusa, coz its also another ‘gay town’. I refer it to a gay town because, there is 24kaikan, Oban sauna, Sumida garden cruising garden, more than 50 gay bars, etc.. And its also not too far away from the next ‘gay town’, Ueno. It’s another long story on how the 2h was spent, hence, I would ‘fast forward’ abit, okie? ;)

The standard entrance fee for the public bath all over Tokyo is 430yen. If u didn’t bring any tower and soap, u need to pay about an addition of 200yen to get them. Imagine this: For about 6~8 sing dollars, u get to wash up, relax, enjoy the scenery of men with different bodies, birdies , eggs, for as long as u like, PLUS, if u are lucky enough, u get to bring back a man of ur liking, why bath at home/hotel?

By now, after visting more than 10 sentos in Tokyo , I am equipped with 2 towels, soap, shampoo and the public bath map for Tokyo, ready to hop into any of these sento whenever I felt I need to relax abit.

Edited by Andy@Tokyo

andy, am i correct to say that the main difference betw onsen and jap public bath is that onsen uses hot spring water whereas public bath uses normal hot water?

that means onsen water has more medical effect... hence more expensive than public bath

personally i have not been to public bath house, even for onsen, i went to those inside the hotel (as opposed to large open air)

The most memorable onsen in a hotel that I had been in near Mount Fuji, went there early in the morning where there wasnt anyone. It was nice to soak in the water while enjoying the breath taking morning scene of Mount Fuji...

And coz there wasnt anyone, I actually took a few pictures of the onsen room... :P

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

on singapore sling, that would really depends on sex (puns intended)

i brought male and female overseas colleagues to try Singapore Sling and generally, females liked it better (maybe it is sweet).

My jap colleagues loved it so much that they purchased the Singapore sling glass with the receipe from the hotel, oh then i was under strong suspicious that they charged to the company expenses :P

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

andy, am i correct to say that the main difference betw onsen and jap public bath is that onsen uses hot spring water whereas public bath uses normal hot water?

That is one of the main differences. the thing is, with technology, some of the public bath also uses hot spring water.

>

that means onsen water has more medical effect... hence more expensive than public bath

Well, natural onsen, those near the volcanic mt are more exp, coz we have to travel there.. the natural onsen are also touristic spots some owned by hotel.

There are also free natural onsen in japan. but those are the ones u need to drive there urself. And some of these allow both females and males to share the same pool.

I havent heard of public baths where both males and females share a common pool. humm if got then we might see more erected cocks, ya? hehe.

At this pt, how abt some questions to think abt?

Well, the above mentioned is maybe part of the reason y i like public baths.

but y does a japanese like public bath?? y is it popular in japan?

bcos all japanese men like to compare and make sure they are of good quality??? :P

hahaha.. korean ppl are also into public bath too .... probably a good time to do men things and foster close relationship with their son lor .... once i saw a son cupping his father ball in front of me while the father is drying down his other son !!!!! so close wor ...

Hehe

Again, i dont claim to be expert in this area. But lets look at how it originated.

It started way before edo period, before 1591. ( Asked a japanese and then i got the exact year from the japanese wiki) One can find more details (with pics) here Jap Wiki.

Basically, wat i heard is:

-At that time, there was no electricity. To heat up water, peps had to burn wood.

-Most homes didnt have bath rooms.

Thats y sento became popular. Also, i heard that when it first started.. both men and women bathed in the same area!!

Next, y is it still popular?? This is why i think sento still remains in japan.

1) Sento is already an integrated part of japanese culture, since it existed long long time ago.

-and though the whole family cant take the bath in the same area, parents still bring their kids. hence, like wat cw30 mentioned, it foster closer relationship. (I seldom, see kids in a neighborhood sento though.)

2) There are still apartments with no bathrooms in japan. and even with bathrooms, the space is very small. hence, peps would prefer to visit the spacious sento.

3) Modern sento have additional facilities, like sauna, hot water jets and electrical treatments to improve blood circulation, medicated water (mimicking onsen's health-friendly-image).

4) Its cheap and could be a good place for relaxation.

For foreigners, some might not like sento just as much coz the water can be quite hot. ard 42-46 degree celsius.

Edited by Andy@Tokyo

• G_M changed the title to Tokyo / Fukuoka / Sapporo (Japan ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.