Male HQ

Share Your Grindr / Jack'd Experience

Guest Guest

Guest late unremorseful

Someone initiated a meet up. I thought it must be my lucky day because I'm always the one asking people out.

But he was late for 45 mins without a single word of apology and had no courtesy of informing when he knows he will be very late. He basically don't think much of a problem being late for an appointment. 

Needless to say, I immediately blocked him on WhatsApp and JackD after that. I don't need this kind of people in my life but there are too many of such people these days.

Will you give him a second chance?

22 minutes ago, Guest late unremorseful said:

Someone initiated a meet up. I thought it must be my lucky day because I'm always the one asking people out.

But he was late for 45 mins without a single word of apology and had no courtesy of informing when he knows he will be very late. He basically don't think much of a problem being late for an appointment. 

Needless to say, I immediately blocked him on WhatsApp and JackD after that. I don't need this kind of people in my life but there are too many of such people these days.

No 2nd chance esp if it is the first meeting - unless inform earlier.

45 min late not 5 or 15 mins......

Guest who's the nerd?
22 minutes ago, Guest late unremorseful said:

But did you ask him why he is late in the first place.

Even with the good public transport infrastructure it can happen to run late.

I went to a place at East Coast Road one time coming from a meeting from the deep west. The nearest way to the place was taking one bus from Kallang or Aljunied MRT, you needed to walk a bit to that busstop. It started raining a bit. I waited at least 35 mins for that one and only bus to arrive while other bus numbers had passed 3 times already. I wasn't even online on that day because somehow or accidentally I had switched the internet off at the phone. The bus was slow because it stopped at really every stop as many people had waited for that one bus.

Luckily my guy waited for me.

Blocking people instantly for such a petty thing just shows what a nerd you are yourself.

In the worst case it wasn't even his own mistake to arrive late.

We all took buses to the wrong direction, a colleague holding us up at office, or the boss who is still around asking for some last thing to do. And let's be honest, some guys always think that visitors would know everything about your place. They don't even give a damn hint, whether it is Lift Lobby B or to walk from here to there. Didn't you never end up on a wrong corridor in the wrong block ringing at the wrong flat???

The least what the guy who's late can do is compensate you with hot sex.

Even if I m in a rush or got other plans and invite a guy over, I would alert him and say something like:

Hey, but you should be here at XYZ (time).

If the guy then pulls out. ok. but things are clear.

But what the f is waiting some 45 mins for someone to arrive (where in the end you don't even know why).

1 hour ago, Guest who's the nerd? said:

I went to a place at East Coast Road one time coming from a meeting from the deep west. The nearest way to the place was taking one bus from Kallang or Aljunied MRT, you needed to walk a bit to that busstop. It started raining a bit. I waited at least 35 mins for that one and only bus to arrive while other bus numbers had passed 3 times already. I wasn't even online on that day because somehow or accidentally I had switched the internet off at the phone. The bus was slow because it stopped at really every stop as many people had waited for that one bus.

Blocking people instantly for such a petty thing just shows what a nerd you are yourself.

We all took buses to the wrong direction, a colleague holding us up at office, or the boss who is still around asking for some last thing to do. And let's be honest, some guys always think that visitors would know everything about your place. They don't even give a damn hint, whether it is Lift Lobby B or to walk from here to there. Didn't you never end up on a wrong corridor in the wrong block ringing at the wrong flat???

Even if I m in a rush or got other plans and invite a guy over, I would alert him and say something like:

But what the f is waiting some 45 mins for someone to arrive (where in the end you don't even know why)

The guy could have informed earlier yet chose not to. It means he gap fucked up attitude and expect himself to be treated like a prince (or should I say princess?) 

TLDR 

Fucking princess mentality. 

Once, while working out at the gym, I felt someone’s eyes on me. When I looked up I saw it was a cute young guy, the way he was looking at me seemed obviously interested. Later, when I was walking out of the gym after my workout, I opened up the app and saw his profile there. So I straightaway sent him a message, saying Hi we just saw each other, I find you cute and so on, do you wanna meet up? His reply was polite and friendly, but basically the gist of it was like, Thanks but I’m not currently looking to meet anyone. 

Okkaayyy...... I appreciate his honesty and politeness, but I just don’t get it. If you ain’t looking for someone, what’s with the cruisy look and the profile? Seems like a bit of mindfuckery there. 

52 minutes ago, quixotic said:

Once, while working out at the gym, I felt someone’s eyes on me. When I looked up I saw it was a cute young guy, the way he was looking at me seemed obviously interested. Later, when I was walking out of the gym after my workout, I opened up the app and saw his profile there. So I straightaway sent him a message, saying Hi we just saw each other, I find you cute and so on, do you wanna meet up? His reply was polite and friendly, but basically the gist of it was like, Thanks but I’m not currently looking to meet anyone. 

Okkaayyy...... I appreciate his honesty and politeness, but I just don’t get it. If you ain’t looking for someone, what’s with the cruisy look and the profile? Seems like a bit of mindfuckery there. 

Your msg turned him off.  Next time say less.

Guest late unremorseful
3 hours ago, Guest who's the nerd? said:

But what the f is waiting some 45 mins for someone to arrive (where in the end you don't even know why).

Just to fill you the details.

I was messaging him while waiting for him He kept telling me he is on his way but he chose to skip my question when I asked him where he is. When I left the meeting venue, I still did not see him.

I don't need to tolerate anyone with poor manners or bad attitude because I'm not his parents. 

"Live for Yourself. Don't live for Others" Now I understand what this means. Why get myself upset for someone unworthy? Just block!

Btw why am I called a nerd? I still don't get it. Need not reply. Just curious :)

Guest who's the nerd?
40 minutes ago, Guest late unremorseful said:

Just to fill you the details.

I was messaging him while waiting for him He kept telling me he is on his way but he chose to skip my question when I asked him where he is. When I left the meeting venue, I still did not see him.

I don't need to tolerate anyone with poor manners or bad attitude because I'm not his parents. 

"Live for Yourself. Don't live for Others" Now I understand what this means. Why get myself upset for someone unworthy? Just block!

Btw why am I called a nerd? I still don't get it. Need not reply. Just curious :)

Didn't you ask earlier whether you should give a 2nd chance?

You didn't need to block him .

look he liked your profile and at all means he wanted to meet your dick or boypussy.

I could give a guess on the ethnic background but will refrain...

Not responding where he is was probably because he was still at work. What should he tell you if he didn't wanted to lie. At least he turned up.

Other suckers might leave you waiting forever....

You would be less a nerd if you hadn't blocked him. I would have waited until he asks to meet again and then you let him wait 1 hour.

Now after blocking him he can walk around and bitch against you.... because nobody told him his behaviour sucks....

nighty night

17 hours ago, FattChoy said:

Your msg turned him off.  Next time say less.

I don’t think that was the problem, coz he did chat with me for a while and didn’t like try to end the convo. It’s just that he didn’t want to meet up. 

Anyway, all I said in the chat was some basic pleasantries and intro. If that’s considered saying too much, then you all shouldn’t complain that the apps are an unfriendly place or you can’t find sincere ppl there, coz you contribute to making it that way. 

Quite a few faceless profile with nice body approached me before and when I replied to request for a face pic, they simply replied "Sorry I am discreet". 

I was like WTH do you expect me to take risks to meet up a faceless person in the first place? What are they thinking....... Just to chat me up without the actual intention to meet up?

Guest I'm cute
9 hours ago, dragonfly_y said:

Quite a few faceless profile with nice body approached me before and when I replied to request for a face pic, they simply replied "Sorry I am discreet". 

I was like WTH do you expect me to take risks to meet up a faceless person in the first place? What are they thinking....... Just to chat me up without the actual intention to meet up?

Some even assure me they are good looking or cute and ask to meet without wanting to show pic.

Until now, I don't find the claims from these people true. I think they are in self-denial. 

Guest Sport-coholic

So someone with profile name 'nopicdiscreet' messaged me. I asked him what is he looking for since his profile name is 'no pic and discreet'. He said that he's looking for chit chatting. Then I asked him what he would like to chat with me. No message after that....minutes later, he blocked me. :D

The usual things we see:

1) People who don't read profiles and ask redundant questions.

2) People who request for pics endlessly, sometimes even asking for real pics when the profile already shows the person's pics, yet not showing any pics of themselves.

3) People posing as other people and keeping up the charade when it's already 100% obvious that it's a fake profile.

And for one-word replies, TBH I don't get the hate behind it. I see a lot of profiles explicitly stating they hate one-word responses, especially from those supposedly aged below 30, but if the questions or conversations have answers that just require a simple answer, why bother elongating it? Sure, it would indicate the level of interest of the chat, but I would be even less inclined to reply more if the profiles themselves have no facepics, no descriptions, nothing to begin with.

Guest roll eye

Him: When can we meet?

Me: I'm going swimming later. Want to join me?

Him: Hmm... ok but I don't know how to swim.

Me: It's ok. I can teach you. Meet at XXX.

Him: But it's too far. Can we meet at YYY?

Him: Can we have sex after swimming?
Me: Sure. You have any body pic to share?
Him: After you.

You want to meet, I'm willing meet you.

You want to learn swimming, I'm ok to spend some time to teach you.

You want to have sex. I ask for body pic for an obvious reason. 

Seriously, I think you are asking for too much. Who do you think you are? Just an online profile, not even an acquaintance I have met in person before.

Fix your fucking self-entitled attitude. You are not the only guy left on earth. 

12 minutes ago, cocopuff said:

The usual, say meet up but never show up. Waited for an hour like an idiot. Don't even know why they even bother to say yes when they are not interested at all.

Fucked up people again. Karma will get them. Their attitude says it all. 

6 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

Wow you even waited an hour. I would hv left within 15 minutes

true, i would love to leave first, but sometimes, i m worried the person is really held up
(but most of time i m lying to myself)

so to prevent this, i never do any more of such hookups again

I think gay apps have practically destroyed the gay “community”.

This is made worse by social media apps where many gay narcissists trying to show their cool life hanging out with cool hot people.

Guest IG sluts
17 minutes ago, Guest Dead said:

I think gay apps have practically destroyed the gay “community”.

This is made worse by social media apps where many gay narcissists trying to show their cool life hanging out with cool hot people.

Most gays are on IG and they like every single post each other posts with the usual comments (you are hot, how young you look, am I cute blah blah blah...)

There are a few very high profile ones. I don't find them cute or good looking at all. Every post is so fake, just to try attention. 

On 2/20/2019 at 5:57 PM, quixotic said:

I don’t think that was the problem, coz he did chat with me for a while and didn’t like try to end the convo. It’s just that he didn’t want to meet up. 

Anyway, all I said in the chat was some basic pleasantries and intro. If that’s considered saying too much, then you all shouldn’t complain that the apps are an unfriendly place or you can’t find sincere ppl there, coz you contribute to making it that way. 

The typical dating app attitude, "Sorry should we chat more before meeting?" But I received more reply from Siri than him. He probably thinks himself a influencer, I think he is just rich in Monopoly.

On 2/24/2019 at 4:17 PM, -Ignored- said:

true, i would love to leave first, but sometimes, i m worried the person is really held up
(but most of time i m lying to myself)

so to prevent this, i never do any more of such hookups again

When jump into conclusion too soon and got angry, they say u are unstable and proceed to block u. When u just being nice and waited, they take advantage. 

I would rather they don't reply or text at all. Wish I could just list them all here and bitch about them.

11 minutes ago, cocopuff said:

When jump into conclusion too soon and got angry, they say u are unstable and proceed to block u. When u just being nice and waited, they take advantage. 

I would rather they don't reply or text at all. Wish I could just list them all here and bitch about them.

so true!

I LOVE your bitchg them ideas but moderators cannot tolerate such bhaviours

not sure can u form a grp (new BW function) for that

Just out of curiosity, do you all ever go out on random blind dates (yc or drinks) just for the sake of meeting new people to have chats and discussion or you guys are always the NPNC kinda guys ?

On 2/27/2019 at 11:14 AM, Guest Guest said:

Just out of curiosity, do you all ever go out on random blind dates (yc or drinks) just for the sake of meeting new people to have chats and discussion or you guys are always the NPNC kinda guys ?

When I was dating, I did. I assume people are just like me, don't really like to put picture online. So I went for about 4-5 blind dates without looking at photos, it was disappointing. To be fair, even with photos, it was tough. Among the regular issues with online dating, one thing I notice is some people just really know how to photograph their good angles. (you will notice their photos are oddly similar in terms of expression and pose)

I really dread going back into these apps.

He: Hi

Me: Hi

Then silence. Apparently replying Hi back is a silent killer. Oh, btw, the same person will say Hi after some time and history repeats. :wacko:

Usually I try my best to reply and be polite to anyone who messages in there. After awhile, I simply can't be bothered to reply anymore.

23 hours ago, thorzguy said:

Then silence. Apparently replying Hi back is a silent killer. Oh, btw, the same person will say Hi after some time and history repeats. :wacko:

Usually I try my best to reply and be polite to anyone who messages in there. After awhile, I simply can't be bothered to reply anymore.

Same. This baffles me

Sometimes I wonder the is it fake bot account, just ping a "hi" and that's it.

Honestly it's a real problem. I'm trying to stop, but it's very hard. I think I've reached real OCD level with this now.

A guy I loved for a long time moved away to Europe a few months ago. I was infatuated with him during our time together, and now apart I'm really struggling with obsessive thoughts.

Next and worse. For anyone using an Android phone, you might be aware of location spoofing apps. Well you can location spoof all across the world and place yourself on top of someone on Grindr that you want to follow. This guy logs into Grindr every half an hour and I'm able to see his every movement. I can see if he's at a restaurant. I can see shopping centre. I can see people he hooks up with in remote areas (seeing that is really killer.)

I want to stop because it's making me anxious as F but it's a really fcuking hard. He has no idea I'm doing this

Guest disclosed yourself
22 minutes ago, Guest Help said:

Honestly it's a real problem. I'm trying to stop, but it's very hard. I think I've reached real OCD level with this now.

A guy I loved for a long time moved away to Europe a few months ago. I was infatuated with him during our time together, and now apart I'm really struggling with obsessive thoughts.

Next and worse. For anyone using an Android phone, you might be aware of location spoofing apps. Well you can location spoof all across the world and place yourself on top of someone on Grindr that you want to follow. This guy logs into Grindr every half an hour and I'm able to see his every movement. I can see if he's at a restaurant. I can see shopping centre. I can see people he hooks up with in remote areas (seeing that is really killer.)

I want to stop because it's making me anxious as F but it's a really fcuking hard. He has no idea I'm doing this

Why are you stalking him then>? Just let go.

I m not sure if you can really follow someone on grindr , I know some people are stupid and don't disconnect the location at facebook and you can see what they do.

By the way , you don't possess the other guy.

What you are doing is clearly not right. You invade into the privacy of other people.

Are you trying a long term relationship? Or what is your relationship to him?

If you follow someone like this, then you don't love him but your are possessive.

Give yourself a rest too.

Nga huhu, nga wera, to kai, e mangere.

Guest guest beenthroughthat
41 minutes ago, Guest Help said:

it's a phase that you have to grow out of it... if not you will always be a stalker or someone who carry a torch for someone who is better looking and charismatic than you until you snap out of it. that's life. we always admire people who are appealing and when we become friends later, we want them to be part of our lives. this are one sided fluctuation obsession with one who you yearn or appeals to you... but life is about know that fact things arent going to be your way... hope you grow up... if you dont know how, lets put yourself to a test to find 100 good looking guys and have their numbers taken... get to hang out with at least 80 of them personally.. get to sleep with half of the people... and not inclusive 20 of quickie fun... if by then during the test you can find a partner... you already have grown to be over with the ideal of a relationship... 

34 minutes ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

I m not sure if you can really follow someone on grindr , I know some people are stupid and don't disconnect the location at facebook and you can see what they do.

Yes you can follow the location on a map of anyone on Grindr with accuracy of maybe 20 metres, and no they don't have to have their account connected to Facebook.

If you have a location-spoofing app downloaded from the Android market. Change your location to an area near the person, refresh grindr and see your distance shorten. Change your location closer again to them. Refresh Grindr. Repeat 3 or 4 times until they are 20 metres away.

Yes it's really bad and I know it's not right to do it. But when you *can* do it, it takes about 20 seconds to see where they are, and you miss a person like this, it's really hard not to.

Grindr is a horrible app in so many ways

Guest Help, you're obviously a witty guy to devise such a way in stalking him. But the obsession is eating you up. 

Seriously consider answering this:

1. What is the ultimate (realistic) aim you want to achieve between you and the guy? 

2. What can you DO even if you know he goes for dinner or hook up or anywhere? 

3. If he knows you're doing this, do you think he will be happy? If you love him, shouldn't you desire him to be happy? 

Also, you know that Grindr is a horrible app in many sense. Why not committee to deleting the app for 10 days so as to break your habit? You can do it! 

"Add oil", my friend! 

44 minutes ago, Xiaoxianrou said:

Guest Help, you're obviously a witty guy to devise such a way in stalking him. But the obsession is eating you up. 

Thank you for the nice message. Honestly I have no aim doing this, it's an extra sad part of it all maybe. This person lives on the far side of the world now, we don't talk anymore, I may never see him again for my life.

I miss him a lot though. I miss hearing dull updates about his day and talking hours of nothing really. I miss knowing all the little parts of his life that I don't hear anymore.

And with this horrible Grindr tool I'm still able to know. Within twenty seconds of picking up my phone, I'm able to check where he is. From my home in Singapore to his new home in the UK. I can see how he moves around all day as he logs in. I can know all sorts of things that he has never told me.

I'm really not a psycho in any way. I'm a normal person who misses someone, and with a few clicks of my phone I can check what he is doing. How many people honestly wouldn't do the same in the situation

I'll say it again, I hate Grindr

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 10:19 PM, Guest Help said:

Sigh, i really feel you. Went through periods of this also with previous crushes - it hurts so much when somehow they are so ready to move on with their life without us in it. It is real and legitimate heartbreak.

At some point, I came to realisation that what else can I do? Pine for him for the rest of my life? Slowly but surely, other things and guys occupied my direct attention. The thing is to do it in a healthy way, and not translate the obsession or infatuation to something else that might be damaging to your mental health.

It may seem very lonely and shitty right now, but maybe the best thing is to ask yourself the next time you want to open and check his whereabouts, "what else is new? if he is somewhere else with someone else - what else? what else can i do really?"

over time, acceptance will come and as soon as the obsession lessens, take that opening to get another activity to latch your mind to. 

hope this helps. do update us.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

46 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Do u click guys from grindr and arrange to meet them oversea.Is there risk and could they be money boy as disguise.Any one have such experience before.

Yes... weather they are money boy or not depends on your own judgement.be it overseas or here, having casual sex is a risk by itself. Just need to protect yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 11:44 PM, PG40 said:

To the MOFO who made me go all the way to 509739 only to block me after I've waited for 20 mins: (1) your mama taught you better than that (2) Karma the bitch will come get your ass someday. 

Sad to hear that. From ur pic. U look great. Not sure why the guy stood u up. Should be he is held up by something. 

On 3/3/2019 at 6:26 PM, thorzguy said:

I think he “hi” u and then remember u r the same guy who didn’t bother to reply back. 

Guest attitude problem

Brought a poly boy to have sex at a public toilet. Unfortunately, when we reached there, it's too risky to have sex there today. 

So I suggested we try another place. He showed displeasure and told me I'm wasting his time. 

When we were walking over, he showed me the fuck face and purposely drag his feet and walked very slowly. I asked him if he wants to go home. He insisted on carrying and continue to show me attitude.

I was thinking how to have sex later together if he was already showing such bad attitude. I finally told him we should just go home since he is a pissed with me. He agreed and we parted.

Will you be willing to take his nonsense for the sake of sex? Am I over-reacting? Or will you do what I did?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.