Male HQ

Share Your Grindr / Jack'd Experience

Guest Guest

1 minute ago, Since u r here said:

Wifgene speak in such a manner, u need to be deep and profound to get him.

Less selective amnesia will suffix.

You may care to take into consideration the differences in between Indians, Tamils and South-Asians.

13 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

ok

i dont use such apps too, not even Line and etc
i got a shock many asked for my Line or wechat , only gays do so

And I was toying with the idea of paying you to introduce and guide me through all these gadgets.

By the way, pursuant to your last post in club.  Plants don't just release oxygen,  highly inadvisable.

12 minutes ago, mith said:

no cruising. stop public cruising years ago... now, apps also made it so difficult. haiz... forget it lah.

A rational goes something like since we know it is not easy, it can't be that difficult.

Chins up, Boys.

39 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

u shd ask them, dont be angry,k?
they remove the "ethnicity" column so now u just hve to guess and to rely on photos

maybe instead of indicating your preference as indian, just indicate i dont want it too hairy, i pref bright skin evn in dark room, i dont want the use of certain scent etc
honestly i also dont get it why we cannot put on dark skin makeup or blackface when acting an indian or african blacks.

Wifgene speak in such a manner, u need to be deep and profound to get him.

bright skin in a dark room?!  one need to hv luminous skin then OR invest in a good dark light that accentuate those features! 

4 hours ago, trulyluq said:

bright skin in a dark room?!  one need to hv luminous skin then OR invest in a good dark light that accentuate those features! 

Selective amnesia on the special lamps in the maze of The Towel Club.

4 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Oh i m quite conversant in iT/apps just that i dont like those apps that is used for sourcing sex or ...., i used watsapp on both my phone/computer too, using internet and apps banking or for investmts too, zoom/cisco webex etc for meetings...

just that i tell others i dont hve wechats /Line etc

why plants dont release oxy When doing photosynthesis?? Dont get u

Please find an appreciation within you for my trying very hard not to flirt, as with Kimochi.

Pure oxygen kills, along with other potentially toxic substances released by plants.

Trying here to get back to topic and amalgamate.

Social medias are just part of this greater TREND we are in.

Since I try to reduce selective amnesia, as impressive the images THEY try to project, I keep in mind their other sides.

Like seeing a bouquet of flowers, these days the first thing that flashes through my mind is residue of chemical insecticide and fertilizers in it, instead of my ass hole.

Like the thread "Memories of Fort Road" reminds me of hunks into necrophilia, on him.

Guest Uncle
23 hours ago, wilfgene said:

Selective amnesia on the special lamps in the maze of The Towel Club.

Please find an appreciation within you for my trying very hard not to flirt, as with Kimochi.

Pure oxygen kills, along with other potentially toxic substances released by plants.

Trying here to get back to topic and amalgamate.

Social medias are just part of this greater TREND we are in.

Since I try to reduce selective amnesia, as impressive the images THEY try to project, I keep in mind their other sides.

Like seeing a bouquet of flowers, these days the first thing that flashes through my mind is residue of chemical insecticide and fertilizers in it, instead of my ass hole.

Like the thread "Memories of Fort Road" reminds me of hunks into necrophilia, on him.

This app is best time waster, second to candy crush. Fuck! It's always the same questions... Are u local? T or B? Got place? Stats? Cum now? Blah blah blah...

• 3 weeks later...

Well. After Phase 2 was implemented, I decided I wanted to meet this guy I had met on Grindr, we had spoken for a whole week leading up to the meeting, we shared face pics and I was really looking forward to meeting him.

The day arrives and I double confirm our meeting, he agrees to it and shares a postal code with me, which was somewhere in Queenstown, since I was already in Clementi, the trip didn't take too long but it was quite a walk away from the bus stop and I thought to myself, I will probably want to take a shower in his place first before we do what we met up to do.

After about 10 minutes of walking, I was drenched in sweat but I was finally at his Block, so I reached out to him via the app and he tells me to go up to the 10th floor, at this point, I felt something was a little bit off because his profile wasn't showing up in the area, but I figured maybe the app was acting up, so I went to the 10th floor and told him I was already there, multiple times but the messages didn't seem to go through and I thought he must have blocked me, I then take the lift down, really upset and went to the nearby food market for a walk to cool down when I get a text from him asking me where I was, that he couldn't see me, when I saw that text, I just felt so relieve and told him I thought he had catfished me.

I make my way back up to his apartment and this was when things got a little bit suspicious, I asked him where he was and he kept telling me he was in his apartment, the second last one on the right, and I ask him to give me the unit number because I didn't know which "right" he was referring two as there were 2 lifts that were facing each other when you reach the top floor and he goes...

"2nd to the left, I already opened the door."

... none of the doors were open, one had the gate unlocked but that was the end unit, so I messaged him a picture of the doors and asked him which it was, told him I wasn't going just open the door, and the moment I did that, the entire chat just disappeared along with his profile.

That was when I realized that asshole just catfished me and that feeling also made me realize this is the second time I have been catfished, for some reason I didn't remember the first one until I got catfished again by this asshole and the whole feeling just felt so familiar. 

I don't get what joy these catfishers get from tricking someone to go all the way to a random place and then just waste their time. This asshole even tried to get me to open the door of someone else's house just for his own amusement, like how fucking sad and boring must your own life be that putting someone through this actually brings you joy? 

Anyway, that's what happen, I just needed to rant a bit.

8 hours ago, cremealot said:

Well. After Phase 2 was implemented, I decided I wanted to meet this guy I had met on Grindr, we had spoken for a whole week leading up to the meeting, we shared face pics and I was really looking forward to meeting him.

The day arrives and I double confirm our meeting, he agrees to it and shares a postal code with me, which was somewhere in Queenstown, since I was already in Clementi, the trip didn't take too long but it was quite a walk away from the bus stop and I thought to myself, I will probably want to take a shower in his place first before we do what we met up to do.

After about 10 minutes of walking, I was drenched in sweat but I was finally at his Block, so I reached out to him via the app and he tells me to go up to the 10th floor, at this point, I felt something was a little bit off because his profile wasn't showing up in the area, but I figured maybe the app was acting up, so I went to the 10th floor and told him I was already there, multiple times but the messages didn't seem to go through and I thought he must have blocked me, I then take the lift down, really upset and went to the nearby food market for a walk to cool down when I get a text from him asking me where I was, that he couldn't see me, when I saw that text, I just felt so relieve and told him I thought he had catfished me.

I make my way back up to his apartment and this was when things got a little bit suspicious, I asked him where he was and he kept telling me he was in his apartment, the second last one on the right, and I ask him to give me the unit number because I didn't know which "right" he was referring two as there were 2 lifts that were facing each other when you reach the top floor and he goes...

... none of the doors were open, one had the gate unlocked but that was the end unit, so I messaged him a picture of the doors and asked him which it was, told him I wasn't going just open the door, and the moment I did that, the entire chat just disappeared along with his profile.

That was when I realized that asshole just catfished me and that feeling also made me realize this is the second time I have been catfished, for some reason I didn't remember the first one until I got catfished again by this asshole and the whole feeling just felt so familiar. 

I don't get what joy these catfishers get from tricking someone to go all the way to a random place and then just waste their time. This asshole even tried to get me to open the door of someone else's house just for his own amusement, like how fucking sad and boring must your own life be that putting someone through this actually brings you joy? 

Sorry about that...

9 hours ago, cremealot said:

I can never understand what those cb catfishers are trying to achieve. Some may try ti fish for sensitive photos, other than that I really don't know what the numbskulls gain by wasting time to pretend to be someone else. Pathetic.

Guest Occulust
On 1/27/2020 at 3:09 PM, Fit4Masc said:

Sorry to hear that....I also had a few scam experiences.  But luckily I realized them early and did not continue the contacts!    In one,  someone with a gorgeous pic on their profile, sent me a message from one of these apps, claiming to be from some overseas country and is very interested in knowing me.  Asked me for my whatsapp contact and we started chatting there, he sent me lots of pics etc etc.   A few days later he say he might want to drop by Singapore on one of his work trip to Japan.  He said he will fly to Singapore after Japan for a few days to see/meet me.   On the day of his arrival, I got a Whatsapp message saying he cannot come to Singapore and needed my help.   He claimed he was detained by Malaysian customs on transit in KL airport, because he brought along with him too much cash etc.   That he needed to pay a fine of about $6000 Malaysian dollars in order to be released and will repay me when he gets to Singapore (was thinking strange that he could not use his own plentiful cash to pay the fine?).   I got very suspicious told him to get the Malaysian Custom officer to call me, sure enough a Malaysian woman claiming to be the custom officer called (from a Malaysian number) and told me to transfer the money to an account in order for my "Friend" to be release.  Of course I didn't and did not continue the conversation... In another 2 incidence (similar scam tactic, maybe from the same scammer), another gorgeous man claiming to be a cruise ship captain (with stolen identity, I checked/googled the cruise company and they do have such Captains working there) emailed me lots of pics (that could be found online) and even photoshopped personalized ones wanted to scam me to sign up to some captain's club etc etc.   Yes, there are many unscrupulous people out there to take advantage of lonely people.   Take it as a lesson learned and learn to embrace your loneliness.  Get a hobby, a few good friends and have the mindset that all things in life are just temporary. We all come to this world alone and we all will leave it alone.  Anyone that comes along part of your journey through life, is a bonus (but can also be a disincentive) but not essential.

Usually those got scammed are the lonely old gays who once got reply by a young gorgeous hunk on dating app, immediately thought they are back to being attractive and wanted again and needless to say, lost their heads. Sad but true. Thats how they get scammed, again and again....

Guest Uncle 111

I get hits from those China guys very regularly. There's something about their pics that I recognise as being too bright and glossy. I'll ignore them. Then weeks later, their profile pics can change to another different persons! They forgot that their messages are still with me and I can still see their profile pics.

17 hours ago, Guest Uncle 111 said:

I get hits from those China guys very regularly. There's something about their pics that I recognise as being too bright and glossy. I'll ignore them. Then weeks later, their profile pics can change to another different persons! They forgot that their messages are still with me and I can still see their profile pics.

ha many china PRCs will connect with you , say how a good guy you are,....than share their live about how they made money through bitcoin or some $ investments too...and encouraged u to join them....sigh.....they think they are smart...

Guest wsm么
59 minutes ago, yuquidam said:

Yeah...thinking they're smart and that we're stupid is the greatest joke.

They only need that 1 in a hundred since they can message hundreds in a day.

But they soon run out of ideas and kept repeating themselves.

It's good that we exposed them here.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:09 PM, cremealot said:

Well. After Phase 2 was implemented, I decided I wanted to meet this guy I had met on Grindr, we had spoken for a whole week leading up to the meeting, we shared face pics and I was really looking forward to meeting him.....

With people like that, hope their KKJ just rot and fall off

Guest Old Timer
On 6/20/2020 at 11:27 AM, Guest Occulust said:

Usually those got scammed are the lonely old gays who once got reply by a young gorgeous hunk on dating app, immediately thought they are back to being attractive and wanted again and needless to say, lost their heads. Sad but true. Thats how they get scammed, again and again....

I really don't know what to say about this type of stereotype about us old gays. I cannot deny that there's some truth to it, yet I'm shy to admit that I fell for that before.

That guy I fell for is no hunk or attractive for sure. So I didn't think much about meeting him at MacDonald for chat. But his attentiveness and flattering tongue got to me. I thought to myself, old man like me got nothing to lose. So I followed him to a hotel and had a nice fuck. He was so attentive and eager to please. I was moved that someone would even think I'm sexy and wanted.

The 2nd time, we went straight to the hotel and fucked. Then mid way, he answered a call and I heard his landlord asking him to pay by today else he'll be evicted. He didn't ask me for money but he seemed sad and stopped our sex. I don't know what to say and tried to console him. When he said he got to go and find money, I panicked and offered him some money first. Then he returned to being a tiger in bed and I got my money worth.

The next time I got restless and called him instead. He said he's busy earning money and had no time to entertain me. I knew I shouldn't but I can't help thinking that offering some money would settle this. It did and he gave me my money worth.

The 4th time, he didn't bother to conceal the money transaction anymore. No money, no honey. I refused, he hung up. Then he messaged me that I always get my money worth, he hoped we can still stay in touch. "你有需要的時候,我還是很樂意替你解悶。"

After a few days, I relented. I told myself it's only a small amount of money to me but a big deal to him. Then the next time, then the next time.

Before I realised it, the small sums snowballed beyond one thousand dollars. I knew I couldn't afford to carry on anymore. I don't call him, he started to pester me. I relented again and again. He knew all my weaknesses too well. I can't resist that restlessness without sex.

But his spell over me finally broke one day when he said he had to return to China. I was sad but still there's no choice and I wished him well.  Of all things to do, he passed me to his China friend. I was angry and asked him what does he mean by passing me to his friend like I'm some merchandise. Then his so called friend called me, he's better looking than my regular. I managed to trick this new guy to tell me some inside transactions they had. Apparently, my regular guy gets a hongbao for passing me to this new guy. 

I was so angry with myself, I'm nothing more than merchandise to them. I knew that of course from the 3rd time but I kept rationalizing to myself that he's too nice to be just selling sex. The truth is I liked the sex and was willing to pay for it, I fell into the honey trap with my eyes wide open. Again and again. I was in self denial and I knew it inside. Until he sold me to another duck then it broke all pretenses in my self denial. I blocked both of them and hoped he he'll suffer loses for the failed transaction. 

nothing to do with your age really

plenty of scammers on the apps these days and they can come up with some pretty wily schemes

anyone who is emotionally vulnerable could/would have been a victim

glad u got out of it, none the worse for wear, it could have been worse

14 hours ago, Guest Old Timer said:

I really don't know what to say about this type of stereotype about us old gays. I cannot deny that there's some truth to it, yet I'm shy to admit that I fell for that before.

That guy I fell for is no hunk or attractive for sure. So I didn't think much about meeting him at MacDonald for chat. But his attentiveness and flattering tongue got to me. I thought to myself, old man like me got nothing to lose. So I followed him to a hotel and had a nice fuck. He was so attentive and eager to please. I was moved that someone would even think I'm sexy and wanted.

The 2nd time, we went straight to the hotel and fucked. Then mid way, he answered a call and I heard his landlord asking him to pay by today else he'll be evicted. He didn't ask me for money but he seemed sad and stopped our sex. I don't know what to say and tried to console him. When he said he got to go and find money, I panicked and offered him some money first. Then he returned to being a tiger in bed and I got my money worth.

The next time I got restless and called him instead. He said he's busy earning money and had no time to entertain me. I knew I shouldn't but I can't help thinking that offering some money would settle this. It did and he gave me my money worth.

The 4th time, he didn't bother to conceal the money transaction anymore. No money, no honey. I refused, he hung up. Then he messaged me that I always get my money worth, he hoped we can still stay in touch. "你有需要的時候,我還是很樂意替你解悶。"

After a few days, I relented. I told myself it's only a small amount of money to me but a big deal to him. Then the next time, then the next time.

Before I realised it, the small sums snowballed beyond one thousand dollars. I knew I couldn't afford to carry on anymore. I don't call him, he started to pester me. I relented again and again. He knew all my weaknesses too well. I can't resist that restlessness without sex.

But his spell over me finally broke one day when he said he had to return to China. I was sad but still there's no choice and I wished him well.  Of all things to do, he passed me to his China friend. I was angry and asked him what does he mean by passing me to his friend like I'm some merchandise. Then his so called friend called me, he's better looking than my regular. I managed to trick this new guy to tell me some inside transactions they had. Apparently, my regular guy gets a hongbao for passing me to this new guy. 

I was so angry with myself, I'm nothing more than merchandise to them. I knew that of course from the 3rd time but I kept rationalizing to myself that he's too nice to be just selling sex. The truth is I liked the sex and was willing to pay for it, I fell into the honey trap with my eyes wide open. Again and again. I was in self denial and I knew it inside. Until he sold me to another duck then it broke all pretenses in my self denial. I blocked both of them and hoped he he'll suffer loses for the failed transaction. 

Guest Like A Friend

I met this guy on Grindr a few months ago and we had actually met up to try and have sex, prior to the meeting, we didn't share any face pic because he told me he was really discreet, so all we shared were body pics and found each other to have a pretty nice body. When I went to his place and finally saw his face for the very first time, there was a familiarity to his face, I didn't know him but he looked like a friend of mine, so during the session, it felt really really weird for me because he looked too much like a friend of mine that I had zero sexual attraction towards. We got down to kissing, I was flaccid the entire time and when he tried to stick it in, it couldn't go in because I just wasn't turned on at all by him at all to loosen up. I told him it was weird, he was a little bumped out, we took a shower together, had a short chat and then I left.

For the next few months, he would occasionally reach out and ask me how I was, if I was interested to come over and I would always turn him down and he knows why I would turn him down, but he has been reaching out a bit more regular lately and it's just weird because I'm sure he knows my reason for not wanting to meet for a hook up, that I am not comfortable but he keeps asking if I want to meet and I always have to reject his proposal, I even ask him to look for other people in his area because with his body type, I am sure he can get other guys pretty easily. 

I had to turn him down again just now, reminded him that he looked too much like my friend that's why I can't do it with him and his response was  "This again", like he is getting tired of the same "excuse", which to me is a very valid reason of not wanting to hook up with him. I am just very confused  because a part of me feels bad for having to constantly reject him, but than a part of me also feels angry that he is making me feel bad about not wanting to hook up. It's just weird and I am seriously contemplating blocking him.

26 minutes ago, Guest Like A Friend said:

I met this guy on Grindr a few months ago and we had actually met up to try and have sex, prior to the meeting, we didn't share any face pic because he told me he was really discreet, so all we shared were body pics and found each other to have a pretty nice body. When I went to his place and finally saw his face for the very first time, there was a familiarity to his face, I didn't know him but he looked like a friend of mine, so during the session, it felt really really weird for me because he looked too much like a friend of mine that I had zero sexual attraction towards. We got down to kissing, I was flaccid the entire time and when he tried to stick it in, it couldn't go in because I just wasn't turned on at all by him at all to loosen up. I told him it was weird, he was a little bumped out, we took a shower together, had a short chat and then I left.

For the next few months, he would occasionally reach out and ask me how I was, if I was interested to come over and I would always turn him down and he knows why I would turn him down, but he has been reaching out a bit more regular lately and it's just weird because I'm sure he knows my reason for not wanting to meet for a hook up, that I am not comfortable but he keeps asking if I want to meet and I always have to reject his proposal, I even ask him to look for other people in his area because with his body type, I am sure he can get other guys pretty easily. 

I had to turn him down again just now, reminded him that he looked too much like my friend that's why I can't do it with him and his response was  "This again", like he is getting tired of the same "excuse", which to me is a very valid reason of not wanting to hook up with him. I am just very confused  because a part of me feels bad for having to constantly reject him, but than a part of me also feels angry that he is making me feel bad about not wanting to hook up. It's just weird and I am seriously contemplating blocking him.

Still dun understand ur reason. Do u have grudge against ur friend that’s why u dun feel like it? It doesn’t really matter if someone look like ur friend, does it?

What is the top No-No to avoid such scam?

For me, 

1) never exchange mobile number. Exchange Line ID or WeChat ID instead. If dun want or dun have, reject and bye. 

2) when it involved money. Reject and bye.

3) top model-alike. Reject and bye.  

Not sure what preventive measure can we take to avoid be scammed. 

14 minutes ago, tyan said:

What is the top No-No to avoid such scam?

For me, 

1) never exchange mobile number. Exchange Line ID or WeChat ID instead. If dun want or dun have, reject and bye. 

2) when it involved money. Reject and bye.

3) top model-alike. Reject and bye.  

Not sure what preventive measure can we take to avoid be scammed. 

No wonder.. :(

Guest Like A Friend
2 hours ago, tyan said:

Still dun understand ur reason. Do u have grudge against ur friend that’s why u dun feel like it? It doesn’t really matter if someone look like ur friend, does it?

No grudge, just a good friend I am not remotely attracted to physically. When I think about that friend in a sexual light, it just feels weird, like the same aversion one would have when they think of their own siblings in a sexual light. 

13 hours ago, Guest Like A Friend said:

No grudge, just a good friend I am not remotely attracted to physically. When I think about that friend in a sexual light, it just feels weird, like the same aversion one would have when they think of their own siblings in a sexual light. 

You're probably his type and he wants to make it work but he couldn't empathize on your reason I guess. 

On 6/21/2020 at 7:43 PM, Guest Old Timer said:

Other than the legality, (not sure where this all happened), it sounds like you were a willing buyer in paid interaction.  You handed the money to him but remember he gave his goods too; it's not like he cheated you.  

I've used some online 'xiong' bear masseurs (ya right...) services while I was in business trips a certain overseas eastern country (hint - near Korea).  Very good no frills/no drama services and memorable moments.  In fact I could even ask the guy who pick up the phone who he recommends.

If you want certain services without hurting your wallet or breaking the local law (wherever you are), then put yourself in the PLU market, be charming and compete with the rest of the PLU guys. 

IMO, nothing is more unattractive than an overgrown old baby complaining about allegedly being victimised in a willing buyer willing seller scenario.

Edited by FattChoy

23 hours ago, Red_martian said:

No wonder.. :(

really need time to give confidence in exchange number. 

I always get those Chinese, Taiwanese and Hong Kong gorgeous guys text. They usually text in Chinese asking for whatsapp or Line. And their interest is always investment. When they got to "know me" better, they would ask me to join him in his investment. Luckily I'm not that rich to join their investment.

Edited by dboy84

12 hours ago, qsefthu78 said:

If a photo is too gorgeous to be true or you have your doubts whether that's the real person, a reverse image search usually brings out the origins of the photo. Have unveiled quite a number of fake profiles through this method. Try it.

bro - how do u do a reverse image search?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Justin
On 7/4/2020 at 2:56 PM, dboy84 said:

I always get those Chinese, Taiwanese and Hong Kong gorgeous guys text. They usually text in Chinese asking for whatsapp or Line. And their interest is always investment. When they got to "know me" better, they would ask me to join him in his investment. Luckily I'm not that rich to join their investment.

Hong Kong guys are still.considerably hot

• 5 months later...
On 6/21/2020 at 7:43 PM, Guest Old Timer said:

LOL u "lost" only less than 1K, no big deal lah. Afterall it was a business transaction. U paid for a young meat to screw your old hole.

On 1/27/2020 at 3:09 PM, Fit4Masc said:

Sorry to hear that....I also had a few scam experiences.  But luckily I realized them early and did not continue the contacts!    In one,  someone with a gorgeous pic on their profile, sent me a message from one of these apps, claiming to be from some overseas country and is very interested in knowing me.  Asked me for my whatsapp contact and we started chatting there, he sent me lots of pics etc etc.   A few days later he say he might want to drop by Singapore on one of his work trip to Japan.  He said he will fly to Singapore after Japan for a few days to see/meet me.   On the day of his arrival, I got a Whatsapp message saying he cannot come to Singapore and needed my help.   He claimed he was detained by Malaysian customs on transit in KL airport, because he brought along with him too much cash etc.   That he needed to pay a fine of about $6000 Malaysian dollars in order to be released and will repay me when he gets to Singapore (was thinking strange that he could not use his own plentiful cash to pay the fine?).   I got very suspicious told him to get the Malaysian Custom officer to call me, sure enough a Malaysian woman claiming to be the custom officer called (from a Malaysian number) and told me to transfer the money to an account in order for my "Friend" to be release.  Of course I didn't and did not continue the conversation... In another 2 incidence (similar scam tactic, maybe from the same scammer), another gorgeous man claiming to be a cruise ship captain (with stolen identity, I checked/googled the cruise company and they do have such Captains working there) emailed me lots of pics (that could be found online) and even photoshopped personalized ones wanted to scam me to sign up to some captain's club etc etc.   Yes, there are many unscrupulous people out there to take advantage of lonely people.   Take it as a lesson learned and learn to embrace your loneliness.  Get a hobby, a few good friends and have the mindset that all things in life are just temporary. We all come to this world alone and we all will leave it alone.  Anyone that comes along part of your journey through life, is a bonus (but can also be a disincentive) but not essential.

Someone with a similar modus operandi actually used this method on me few days ago. Claims he is from London and was in Johor when he started texting me. Thank goodness I started my suspicion when he said he didn't need to serve any quarantine when he arrived in Singapore as he was a medical professional. Also, my intention was more to know him as a friend rather than going to bed with him - so when he cooked up the rubbish on getting detained in Singapore, I just didn't buy his BS.

Thank goodness his physique/face pic didn't impress me much. 😅

Be very careful though.

Well so far as we all know these kind of apps are used to find quickies, hook ups, ons and mostly the experience usually are towards the negative side with people who are rude, weird or those scammers. 

On a lighter note, who else managed to find their other half through these apps? Hehe

Not sure if you’re lucky or your stars aligned.. hahaha but i’m sure there will be the positive ones :) 

I think the best advice is don’t have to high expectation from these apps. It is when you least expect it, that’s when maybe the right one for you could be coming towards you. I know I did. I found mine from Grindr hehe 😜 

Frankly I'm finding these apps a waste of time. Either fake or old pics that makes meeting up a disappointment, or people who chat and later ghost you, or just plain scams - not just money scams but worst - people who just collect pictures. 

Or you chat up somebody who is just plain rude, or think that you owe them a picture when they themselves haven't shared any or when their profiles are blank. 

It's nice to look at the pics and know that there are so many PLUs around - but lately that's about it. 

19 hours ago, savagegarden said:

Frankly I'm finding these apps a waste of time. Either fake or old pics that makes meeting up a disappointment, or people who chat and later ghost you, or just plain scams - not just money scams but worst - people who just collect pictures. 

Or you chat up somebody who is just plain rude, or think that you owe them a picture when they themselves haven't shared any or when their profiles are blank. 

It's nice to look at the pics and know that there are so many PLUs around - but lately that's about it. 

agreed, i think there is a general fatigue. especially with people just saying "hi" "hi" "hi" "hi" endlessly.

from the apps, i probably have met only one or two that i keep as friends/gym mates, and even then quickly transitioned outside of the app, (whatsapp or others) just to reiterate to them that the nature of the friendship is non sexual. 

there is a latent expectancy of sex hanging over the apps that despite what people say, there is a sexual connotation there, embedded in how the app is used and even other aspects like interface, emojis, etc...

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

• 3 weeks later...

I have since deleted grindr but it’s like a box of chocolate, you never know what you are gonna get until you open it.

I like Grindr for the mystery that it gives. I like especially those empty profiles. Who is hiding behind?

Sometimes I allow myself to meet people without exchanging pics. And they turned out good.

In any case not using Grindr anymore as it’s still more like a hookup tool. Not that it’s a bad thing. I am just too old for that.

On 1/9/2021 at 5:17 PM, leantonedboy said:

Well so far as we all know these kind of apps are used to find quickies, hook ups, ons and mostly the experience usually are towards the negative side with people who are rude, weird or those scammers. 

On a lighter note, who else managed to find their other half through these apps? Hehe

Not sure if you’re lucky or your stars aligned.. hahaha but i’m sure there will be the positive ones :) 

I think the best advice is don’t have to high expectation from these apps. It is when you least expect it, that’s when maybe the right one for you could be coming towards you. I know I did. I found mine from Grindr hehe 😜 

I found my current bf via Growlr app. So, it's possible. The star just have to align. He likes older and I prefers younger. We met, we fucked, we click and the rest was history.

"Sorry i dont have a credit card and i do not have any money to pay you back for the wine we agreed to split. Can i offer you a blowjob instead to settle off my part"

Men that can't pay for his own bill is an instant turn off. You should have put it upfront that you cannot afford luxury meals/drinks if you cannot pay. Why go to a restaurant and make it awkward for both side? What can i do ? Pay only for my part?

Have a little pride and dignity. I would have respected you more if you were upfront about it and we plan to meet at somewhere you can afford and not take the risk of getting a stranger to pay for you.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.