Male HQ

Joseph Schooling News & Gossip

Guest Concern

On 9/1/2022 at 2:25 AM, doncoin said:

OK, I think the way the media has reported the whole JS thing is overblown. Cannabis is a plant. Unless he is chowing it down like a cow or some other herbivore, it is incorrect to state that he took cannabis or consumed cannabis (perhaps as a salad), but that is not how you "consume" the plant. 

A number of tribes have used cannabis or a cousin of it, marijuana, as part of their medical treatment. In general, it is the two compounds (THC and CBD) within this family of plants, that can be problematic in a society like Singapore. THC is usually what causes the "stoned" effect when you smoke marijuana. The compound is inhaled when you smoke, and it relaxes your brain. Think of it as pleasantly buzzed after a glass or two of wine. 

There has been a recent proliferation of CBD products in the markets where it is legal to use and sell. CBD has been used a lot for pain management and there are studies going on how it can help with other chronic illnesses. I have a senior dog who has arthritis, and I use a CBD-based ointment to rub on his joints to help him with the pain and relax the muscles. It works very well on him. Also, I use CBD oil in his food sometimes to relax him when there is a thunderstorm or fireworks as he goes into a frenzy, and the CBD oil added to the food calms him down. 

So, TBH, I don't think JS has to apologize for using any cannabis-derived product. Even if he is smoking a joint recreationally, it was done in a place where it is legal. Just like if an 18-year-old American were to walk into a bar in Singapore, he would be served a drink because it is legal in Singapore. However, the same 18-year-old will be denied entry and service at the bar in the United States because the legal drinking age is 21. 

Seriously, people are getting their g-strings, bras, and thongs, in a twist because they have been so focused on the negativity of cannabis/marijuana, that they forget that it has been used as tribal medicine for hundreds of years. 

The thing is consuming cannabis regardless of how it is done and regardless of the form of cannabis being consumed is considered illegal according to the laws of Singapore. It is also considered illegal if the person had consumed cannabis outside of Singapore, and returns to Singapore. 

There are no known laws in US that makes it illegal for 18yr olds residents of US to drink in other countries. If there were, then it is the same as Singapore making it illegal for residents of Singapore to consume cannabis overseas and return to Singapore. 

Our law makers have deemed that the cons of cannabis consumption outweigh the pros of despite it being used for medicinal purposes for centuries. So we have to abide by the laws until the day the laws are changed. 

JS deserves our support because he has done so much for Singapore, and he was brave enough to admit taking cannabis despite not testing positive for it when he was back in Singapore. Nonetheless, he had made a mistake and we should learn from his mistake to remind people and ourselves not to consume cannabis or other illegal drugs when they/we are overseas should we want to return to Singapore. 

Guest Special tolerance for some

Seems like the minister of law is asking us to support and back up drug user. 

Only in Singapore, where entitlement to do drug is bestowed upon the elite and privileged who bring glory to Singapore. 

Anyone wanna go Thailand this school holiday and follow our role model foot step? 

I'm sure my country will support my drug usage. 

Guest Singapore is wrong on this

I wonder where is the support for dee kosh? 

I wonder where is the support for Titus low? 

I wonder where is the support for the law students who use their lawyer skills to pass the bar. Lawyer is supposedly to be sly and cunning what. 

I wonder where is the support for our nus graduate who just wanna release stress abit. 

I wonder where is the support for the former hdb director who just wanna admire the human anatomy what? 

I wonder where is the support for Singaporean who is currently in Malaysia for just spreading the joy of drug use for people to follow their role model looks Joseph what. 

I wonder where is the support for Stuart koe, he is just fulfilling his desire to be a chem sex power bottom what. 

I wonder where is the support all the drug addicts currently in jail, they are the pioneer in seeking joy beyond reality, way before this so called Joseph schooling start to venture into drug. 

Singapore government have clearly shown its two face, elitism. 

What a disappointment. 

Anyone else want to try cannabis now? 

Gay people are very adventurous. Who in their right mind decide to stick something on their ass right? 

Haha. 

Support Joseph schooling.

Means support cannabis use. 

We need more Singaporean to seek out cannabis. 

I'm sure the government will make special support and pardon for you.. If you can bring glory to Singapore. 

The same way all this "leaders" bring glory. 

If you wanna support, I suggest it's better we help our rehabilitated drug addict. 

Joseph need to go jail first.

Period.

After he do his time, then only we talk about support. 

Its too early to forgive la. 

Punish first. 

Guest Zero tolerance

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/schooling-lim-treated-in-the-same-way-how-others-have-been-treated-says-law-minister

Ask the law minister to link and show which other drug user have he asked the nation to support and back up? 

The fact that he personally write some "official support statement" for this 2 who haven't even been convicted and PUNISHED is not special treatment meh? 

Zero tolerance. 

This is the way

On 8/31/2022 at 1:04 PM, singalion said:

No need to bar him...

I think he is a swimmer of the past.

He might have taken some motivation to get some medals at the SEA Games in Vietnam in MAY 2022.

When you read his interviews from the SEA Games in Vietnam in May, he already hinted that it might have been his last.

Either there was an indiscriminate test result somewhere that indicated Cannabis, because I ask myself why he needed to confess. Most probably one test was taken after Games tests to check on any doping indicated the use...

For all those who waste some tears on him, the fact that after his Olympic gold medal win that he let himself so much down afterwards, he wasn't an idol for the youth anyway.

2020 Olympics

Schooling did not defend his 100m butterfly title at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics after failing to qualify for the semi-finals finishing 8th in his Heat.[41] He placed 44th overall with a time of 53.12 seconds.[42] Schooling also failed to qualify for the 100m freestyle semi-finals after finishing 6th in his Heat and 39th overall with a time of 49.84 seconds.[43]

I would fully understand that someone like Mike Phelps who ran four (!) Olympic games (2004 to 2016) and his motivation drops out at some point of time, but Schooling who was just a one time Olympic winner should have got his ambition right to run at least the next Olympic games, but...

From that point, as there was no real excuse for his performance in 2020 he never was able to serve as an idol of true sportsmanship.

You are not even a Singaporean but a foreign trash. Who are you to come discuss about our Singaporean Olympics gold medalist? You think you can give fair and unbiased comments as foreigner? From you? NO WAY! 

SO GO TAKE ALL YOUR FXXK UP OPINIONS AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS. 

Guest Support boy
On 9/1/2022 at 10:07 AM, Guest Guest said:

You are not even a Singaporean but a foreign trash. Who are you to come discuss about our Singaporean Olympics gold medalist? You think you can give fair and unbiased comments as foreigner? From you? NO WAY! 

SO GO TAKE ALL YOUR FXXK UP OPINIONS AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS. 

If other Olympian can have good characters and don't do drug. 

BUT Singapore ONLY gold olympian can't WHEN 99% of Singaporean have never or won't touch drug. 

Maybe, just maybe, Joseph schooling doesn't have what it takes. 

I guess having that million dollar already in bank account. And getting sponsorship money by posing with clothes... Must be really tough. Must be so emotionally draining to deal with all that money. 

I can't imagine how anyone who don't even have million dollars. Not achievable even if they work 2 jobs until they die can survive. 

If anything normal people need to use recreational drug more than all this young celebrity la. 

Oh the stress from being successful. 

Oh the societal pressure of being an Olympian. 

Look at Greg louganis. More gold Olympic medal under him. But alas he gay and hiv. No sponsorship nothing. 

But poor straight Joseph schooling, hero of a tiny nation, can't handle being only ONE gold Olympic medalist in only One event. 

Booo hoo.

We must support this fragile little boy. 

But let's neglect our drug addicts who have serve jail time for 10 years and can't find job. Let's not support this people who need our help. 

Lets all support and cheer this golden fragile athlete boy. 

My foreign friend laugh at how fragile Singaporean are in the face of adversity. 

Ofc la most Singaporean lived an entitled life. Doesn't experience hardship. Everything is provided and taken care by government. To the point of little thing also boo hoo. 

Lets not support gay youth who commit suicide.

Lets all support this Joseph schooling who clearly don't need our support la. 

He is only sorry he got caught la. 

OK, I think the way the media has reported the whole JS thing is overblown. Cannabis is a plant. Unless he is chowing it down like a cow or some other herbivore, it is incorrect to state that he took cannabis or consumed cannabis (perhaps as a salad), but that is not how you "consume" the plant. 

Your point might be right in the American context, but I regret surely not for Singapore.

Singapore has taken a very different approach on drugs and don't accept the concept of "recreational" drug consumption.

Therefore, the "confession" by Schooling comes as a huge blow to the government policy which is abstain abstain abstain.

Singapore just recently reminded Singaporeans not to smoke in Thailand after that country will relax the rules on Marijuana. 

Please note that I am not saying that the Singapore government approach is correct, I just explain the current position of the Singapore government on cannabis consumption.

In the reports was nothing reported whether Schooling smoked 1, 2 or 20 joints while in Vietnam in May 2022... So your point on the "chowing massive amounts of cannabis it like a cow" goes a bit fail.

If you see the issue through the lenses of the Singapore government, then you would understand why Singaporeans react this way now against Schooling...

Guest smart user

Basically the message we receive is simple.

DONT HAVE ANY CLEAR EVIDENCE YOU DID DRUG AND U ARE FINE.

CARRY ON USING.

we should encourage joseph schooling to keep using too.

dont just use during moment of weakness.

use it more often but remember dont have trace can liao.

Here comes some explanation (not sure if you find it persuasive...):

Shanmugam explains why CNB did not take steps against Joseph Schooling

1 Sep 2022

SINGAPORE — Law and Home Affairs Minister Shanmugam on Thursday (1 September) explained the reasons for the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) not taking action against Joseph Schooling and warning against Amanda Lim after the two swimmers were investigated for drug consumption.

In a follow-up post on his Facebook page, Shanmugam said that a number of people have asked him on his page for the reasons behind the steps taken in relation to the two swimmers’ drug use given Singapore’s tough anti-drug policies.

On Tuesday, the authorities revealed that Schooling and Lim have been investigated by CNB for possible offences related to the consumption of cannabis during the SEA Games in May.

Shanmugam said that Singapore is “very tough” on drug traffickers and others involved in the drug trade, with sanctions including capital punishment.

This is in contrast to the treatment for “pure” drug abusers who have not committed other offences, he added.

While drug consumption is an offence, Shanmugam explained, “Since 2019, our approach is to treat such pure drug abusers, as persons who really need help. They will not be imprisoned or have a criminal record.”

Among the steps to help them rehabilitate and reintegrate into society more quickly and effectively include a stint at the Drug Rehabilitation Centre (DRC) or supervision, Shanmugam said.

On Schooling and Lim, Shanmugam said that there was no clear evidence that they were currently taking drugs and that their urine tests were negative. But he noted they were honest and admitted to having taken drugs in the past.

Lim was warned for having a drug utensil while Schooling was handed over to the Ministry of Defence since he is a full-time national serviceman, in accordance with the law.

For people who might have taken drugs years ago or months ago, they are not sent to a DRC or even given warnings, in the absence of current drug-taking or a positive test, Shanmugam said.

But he added, “If there is clear evidence of current use of drugs, then CNB will take steps, regardless of whether the consumption took place in Singapore or overseas. So don’t assume that if you consume drugs overseas, you will be let off with a warning.”

I assume, they just don't have any evidence of drug use by those both swimmers, that is why they are let off the hook.

Why then the big warning of some occasional cannabis smoke when in Thailand after rules relaxation in that country and that ICA will do arrival checks???

That is a bit contradicting...

Edited by singalion

Guest SG is kinda corrupt now
On 9/1/2022 at 6:48 PM, singalion said:

Here comes some explanation (not sure if you find it persuasive...):

Shanmugam explains why CNB did not take steps against Joseph Schooling

1 Sep 2022

SINGAPORE — Law and Home Affairs Minister Shanmugam on Thursday (1 September) explained the reasons for the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) not taking action against Joseph Schooling and warning against Amanda Lim after the two swimmers were investigated for drug consumption.

In a follow-up post on his Facebook page, Shanmugam said that a number of people have asked him on his page for the reasons behind the steps taken in relation to the two swimmers’ drug use given Singapore’s tough anti-drug policies.

On Tuesday, the authorities revealed that Schooling and Lim have been investigated by CNB for possible offences related to the consumption of cannabis during the SEA Games in May.

Shanmugam said that Singapore is “very tough” on drug traffickers and others involved in the drug trade, with sanctions including capital punishment.

This is in contrast to the treatment for “pure” drug abusers who have not committed other offences, he added.

While drug consumption is an offence, Shanmugam explained, “Since 2019, our approach is to treat such pure drug abusers, as persons who really need help. They will not be imprisoned or have a criminal record.”

Among the steps to help them rehabilitate and reintegrate into society more quickly and effectively include a stint at the Drug Rehabilitation Centre (DRC) or supervision, Shanmugam said.

On Schooling and Lim, Shanmugam said that there was no clear evidence that they were currently taking drugs and that their urine tests were negative. But he noted they were honest and admitted to having taken drugs in the past.

Lim was warned for having a drug utensil while Schooling was handed over to the Ministry of Defence since he is a full-time national serviceman, in accordance with the law.

For people who might have taken drugs years ago or months ago, they are not sent to a DRC or even given warnings, in the absence of current drug-taking or a positive test, Shanmugam said.

But he added, “If there is clear evidence of current use of drugs, then CNB will take steps, regardless of whether the consumption took place in Singapore or overseas. So don’t assume that if you consume drugs overseas, you will be let off with a warning.”

I assume, they just don't have any evidence of drug use by those both swimmers, that is why they are let off the hook.

Why then the big warning of some occasional cannabis smoke when in Thailand after rules relaxation in that country and that ICA will do arrival checks???

That is a bit contradicting...

Aiyah no point fighting with government they come up with whatever law to suit their agenda all the time.

Best approach is support and encourage joseph schooling to keep using....

We just need to give him more moment of weakness... so he can use... and use... the more he use... the better.. la.

we call for punishment etc no use la... more young singaporean should also try... and follow their role model. if get caught just admit. say sorry but make sure "NO CLEAR EVIDENCE" in urine test.

On 9/1/2022 at 4:40 AM, singalion said:

Your point might be right in the American context, but I regret surely not for Singapore.

Singapore has taken a very different approach on drugs and don't accept the concept of "recreational" drug consumption.

Therefore, the "confession" by Schooling comes as a huge blow to the government policy which is abstain abstain abstain.

Singapore just recently reminded Singaporeans not to smoke in Thailand after that country will relax the rules on Marijuana. 

Please note that I am not saying that the Singapore government approach is correct, I just explain the current position of the Singapore government on cannabis consumption.

In the reports was nothing reported whether Schooling smoked 1, 2 or 20 joints while in Vietnam in May 2022... So your point on the "chowing massive amounts of cannabis it like a cow" goes a bit fail.

If you see the issue through the lenses of the Singapore government, then you would understand why Singaporeans react this way now against Schooling...

I think it would be interesting if my dog gets arrested since he is the one consuming CBD under Singapore laws, though I am the one dispensing it.  I am a proponent of the use of CBD as I can see how it helped my dog and brought him back to a level before the arthritis problems. Many pet owners I know of are using it to help their pets who are dealing with chronic pain and other health issues. It is not ingested but applied topically. I digress. 

For all we know, JS might have some chronic pain issues that are pretty common with athletes who use cannabis/marijuana medicinally. I supposed popping in Oxycodone and potentially developing an addiction is a much-preferred approach by the Sg government.  

Love. 

The easier access to cannabis in neighbouring countries will pose challenges to keeping Singapore drug-free,  said Mr Shanmugam.

“Some pharma companies and NGOs with vested interests have argued that cannabis is a soft drug, that cannabinoids have medical benefits. But really, they are driven by the green rush, the desire to make money,” says K Shanmugam Sc.

An item found in national swimmer Amanda Lim's possession at Changi Airport when she returned from the Commonwealth Games was said to have triggered investigations.

SINGAPORE - Small enough to fit in the palm of one's hand, it has caused the biggest splash in Singapore sport in years.

A weed grinder is believed to have been the smoking gun that triggered the revelation that Olympic gold medallist Joseph Schooling had taken cannabis.

On 8/31/2022 at 6:48 PM, Guest Singapore is wrong on this said:

Singapore government have clearly shown its two face, elitism. 

We need more Singaporean to seek out cannabis. 

I'm sure the government will make special support and pardon for you.. If you can bring glory to Singapore. 

The same way all this "leaders" bring glory. 

Joseph need to go jail first.

After he do his time, then only we talk about support. 

Its too early to forgive la. 

Punish first. 

LOL!  What a privilege of BW that it has such RIGHTEOUS "Guests"  ( so righteous that they have to hide as Guests, ha ha ) that predicate PUNISH FIRST!

If you had a brain,  you would realize how privileged the SG gay community is!  Yes, in spite of 377A,  the government choose to not enforce it and let the gay community engage in all the sodomy they want.   If not for this show of privilege, elitism towards gays,  YOU  ( and me too ) we would have ended up in jail several times.

On 9/1/2022 at 11:00 PM, doncoin said:

think it would be interesting if my dog gets arrested since he is the one consuming CBD under Singapore laws, though I am the one dispensing it.  I am a proponent of the use

Hope your dog won 't pee at the immigration officer on arrival to Singapore... confusing urine test with...

Edited by singalion

On 9/1/2022 at 11:43 PM, Steve5380 said:

LOL!  What a privilege of BW that it has such RIGHTEOUS "Guests"  ( so righteous that they have to hide as Guests, ha ha ) that predicate PUNISH FIRST!

If you had a brain,  you would realize how privileged the SG gay community is!  Yes, in spite of 377A,  the government choose to not enforce it and let the gay community engage in all the sodomy they want.   If not for this show of privilege, elitism towards gays,  YOU  ( and me too ) we would have ended up in jail several times.

The whole "excuses" on Schooling by the gov smell a bit VIP though... 

I don't think any commoner had received the same treatment... 

On 9/1/2022 at 11:04 AM, singalion said:

The whole "excuses" on Schooling by the gov smell a bit VIP though... 

I don't think any commoner had received the same treatment... 

So let's be it!   What is wrong if a person has tried some cannabis?

On 9/1/2022 at 12:25 PM, Guest Support boy said:

If other Olympian can have good characters and don't do drug. 

BUT Singapore ONLY gold olympian can't WHEN 99% of Singaporean have never or won't touch drug. 

Maybe, just maybe, Joseph schooling doesn't have what it takes. 

I guess having that million dollar already in bank account. And getting sponsorship money by posing with clothes... Must be really tough. Must be so emotionally draining to deal with all that money. 

I can't imagine how anyone who don't even have million dollars. Not achievable even if they work 2 jobs until they die can survive. 

If anything normal people need to use recreational drug more than all this young celebrity la. 

Oh the stress from being successful. 

Oh the societal pressure of being an Olympian. 

Look at Greg louganis. More gold Olympic medal under him. But alas he gay and hiv. No sponsorship nothing. 

But poor straight Joseph schooling, hero of a tiny nation, can't handle being only ONE gold Olympic medalist in only One event. 

Booo hoo.

We must support this fragile little boy. 

But let's neglect our drug addicts who have serve jail time for 10 years and can't find job. Let's not support this people who need our help. 

Lets all support and cheer this golden fragile athlete boy. 

My foreign friend laugh at how fragile Singaporean are in the face of adversity. 

Ofc la most Singaporean lived an entitled life. Doesn't experience hardship. Everything is provided and taken care by government. To the point of little thing also boo hoo. 

Lets not support gay youth who commit suicide.

Lets all support this Joseph schooling who clearly don't need our support la. 

He is only sorry he got caught la. 

Boo hoo. 

And who said the post you were replyng to was about the support of condemnation of Joseph Schooling? It is about some foreign trash comment about Singapore affairs which is a Breach of Foreign Interference (Countermeasures) Act (FICA) which basically sought prevention of foreign trash like singalion from seeking to manipulate our domestic politics, including through covert and deceptive means, to undermine our political sovereignty and harm our social cohesion.

Lets not support this Joseph schooling who clearly don't need our support la. 

Lets just support this foreign trash who so clearly need your fan support to cause disruption in our social cohesion la. 

On 9/1/2022 at 8:42 PM, Guest Guest said:

And who said the post you were replyng to was about the support of condemnation of Joseph Schooling? It is about some foreign trash comment about Singapore affairs which is a Breach of Foreign Interference (Countermeasures) Act (FICA) which basically sought prevention of foreign trash like singalion from seeking to manipulate our domestic politics, including through covert and deceptive means, to undermine our political sovereignty and harm our social cohesion.

Don't forget that YOU ARE  FOREIGN TRASH  in all the 100+ nations of the world except Singapore.  

"Breach of Foreign Interference" ???   LOL!!!

https://rsf.org/en/singapore-s-foreign-interference-bill-legal-monstrosity-totalitarian-leanings

Reporters Without Borders (RSF) is appalled by Singapore’s proposed Foreign Interference (Countermeasures) Act, otherwise known as FICA. Under the guise of defending national sovereignty, it will enable the government to designate any independent media outlet as a foreign agent and to censor its content, RSF says.

Edited by Steve5380

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lame punishment

1 month suspension of support only. 

Imagine MOE scholars getting their scholarship suspended just 1 month instead of being terminated for being a voyeur or a sexually active human being. 

Imagine lawyer suspended for only 1 month for cheating in an exam to be a legit lawyer. 

Imagine doctors suspended for only 1 month for selling drugs to his patients and using it with them and providing slamming services. 

This is exactly what is meant by privileged. 

For a community of superheroes where DRUG is a BIG NO NO, this punishment is weak. 

I guess Singapore athlete now should consider doing performance enhancing drugs. 

Elitism at its best. 

You win gold or celebrity swimmer, you get off easy.  Period. 

Guest Shameful

Not 1, not 2 but 3 swimmers took drugs. 

Wonder how many still "should have known better". 

Singapore is no longer that clean, transparent society. 

Crime infested by the elite group, educated group. 

Embarrassment. 

They think they can get away. 

And alas, they did get away. 

If athletes can do drugs, we normal citizen also should be able to. 

At most, just 1 month suspension from work. But alas, our company will terminate you if you are deemed a criminal. 

But oh no, I guess if you are an athletes who wins gold medal for Singapore, you can do whatever you want with no REAL consequences. 

What a shame and embarssenent to the nation. Singapore produce drug abusers sportsman and woman. 

On 9/30/2022 at 1:05 AM, Guest Derelict said:

All 3 of them are disgusting and shameless.  If only they could be jailed or caned.

Nah. When the elite group do drugs, it's fine as long as urine test is negative. 

How far Singapore have fallen. Our founding father would have never let this happened. Period. 

Roll in his grave. 

Guest Derelict
On 9/30/2022 at 7:45 AM, Guest Soft said:

Nah. When the elite group do drugs, it's fine as long as urine test is negative. 

How far Singapore have fallen. Our founding father would have never let this happened. Period. 

Roll in his grave. 

Sure bo

Guest Derelict
On 9/30/2022 at 10:19 PM, thickhead79 said:

what wrong?

as long as they can win 

that is what they good at that all

what did Spore and u give to them?

Singapore gave them all the funding, which is pitlr taxpayers money.  Get it?

On 10/1/2022 at 3:37 PM, Guest Derelict said:

Singapore gave them all the funding, which is pitlr taxpayers money.  Get it?

Did u read the story of schooling?

He self funded

His father sell 5 room flat to find him go USA for training

Pap only help when he start to get famous n claim credit 

Guest Derelict
On 10/1/2022 at 3:40 PM, thickhead79 said:

Did u read the story of schooling?

He self funded

His father sell 5 room flat to find him go USA for training

Pap only help when he start to get famous n claim credit 

Yes, PAP paid.  And he got advertisement etc...so he received benefits.  Period

Guest Derelict

The Ministry of Defence (Mindef) stated this week, “Deferment from full-time National Service (NS) was granted to national swimmers Mr Joseph Schooling from 2014 to 2021 for a total of seven years, and Mr Quah Zheng Wen from 2015 to 2021 for a total of six years.

“As previously explained in Parliament, such deferment from full-time NS is granted very selectively for exceptional sportsmen assessed to be potential medal winners at international competitions like the Olympic Games and who are able to bring national pride to Singapore.

On 10/2/2022 at 4:34 PM, Guest Guest said:

JS no girlfriend? Girls will definitely queue up for him till JB … but after the cannabis saga, any shocking news can happen …. why not? 😉

Gay?🤔🤔🤔🤔

Looking for Lean twin bottom.. Only clean safe discreet fun

Guest How the mighty have fallen

I thought schooling got 1 million SGD for the gold Olympic medal he won what. Still need support? 

Many of us work until we die also won't see a 1 million dollar. 

Who going to support us. 

We don't support drug user. 

Guest Michael
On 10/3/2022 at 9:54 AM, Guest How the mighty have fallen said:

I thought schooling got 1 million SGD for the gold Olympic medal he won what. Still need support? 

Many of us work until we die also won't see a 1 million dollar. 

Who going to support us. 

We don't support drug user. 

Since you mentioned that you worked until you die wont see 1 million dollar, that said u r not very high earner hence tax is not very high 

So, from you to support a drug user will be SGD 0.0000005 ?? Yes ?? NO ?? or maybe $0.20 ?? 

A number of tribes have used cannabis or a cousin of it, marijuana, as part of their medical treatment. In general, it is the two compounds (THC and CBD) within this family of plants, that can be problematic in a society like Singapore. THC is usually what causes the "stoned" effect when you smoke marijuana. The compound is inhaled when you smoke, and it relaxes your brain. Think of it as pleasantly buzzed after a glass or two of wine. 

There has been a recent proliferation of CBD products in the markets where it is legal to use and sell. CBD has been used a lot for pain management and there are studies going on how it can help with other chronic illnesses. I have a senior dog who has arthritis, and I use a CBD-based ointment to rub on his joints to help him with the pain and relax the muscles. It works very well on him. Also, I use CBD oil in his food sometimes to relax him when there is a thunderstorm or fireworks as he goes into a frenzy, and the CBD oil added to the food calms him down. 

So, TBH, I don't think JS has to apologize for using any cannabis-derived product. Even if he is smoking a joint recreationally, it was done in a place where it is legal. Just like if an 18-year-old American were to walk into a bar in Singapore, he would be served a drink because it is legal in Singapore. However, the same 18-year-old will be denied entry and service at the bar in the United States because the legal drinking age is 21. 

Seriously, people are getting their g-strings, bras, and thongs, in a twist because they have been so focused on the negativity of cannabis/marijuana, that they forget that it has been used as tribal medicine for hundreds of years. 

Isnt that what media do to garner viewerships 

A tree becomes a forest.  A river becomes an ocean 

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest

https://www.facebook.com/josephisaacschooling/posts/pfbid02Es1W6a5n5MpFBoTp3hNsRqw6bhZvzedjKLDoooL6MeGvCNs9z5kci6QEFdS7iaQbl

"Today marks the beginning of a new chapter — I will be retiring from competitive swimming.

I am filled with gratitude for every experience that swimming has brought into my life. The victories were exhilarating, the defeats humbling, and together, they have forged a resilience in me that I will carry forward into my next chapter.

Needless to say, I owe a tremendous amount of gratitude to my family, coaches, teammates, and my supporters; your encouragement and faith have been a constant source of motivation throughout my journey.

While I am stepping away from competing, swimming will forever be a part of who I am. It has given me a platform to inspire others to chase their dreams, no matter the odds.

I am eager to explore new passions, face different challenges, and see where this next phase of life takes me. Thank you to my supporters for standing by me every step of the way. I hope you will join me as I embark on this new adventure.

With love,

Joseph Schooling"

It won't cause any tears in me.

Just to be realistic. Schoolings time on swimming podium was already long past...

It was natural to call the shots instead of humiliating himself at a any Olympics or swimming competition.

Let's see into what he will venture.

Surely, Singaporean sport stars won't come with those opportunities as Americans by getting 90% of profits through commercial engagements...

Wouldn't wonder if he ends up in a mediacorp TV series sooner or later...

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, singalion said:

It won't cause any tears in me.

Just to be realistic. Schoolings time on swimming podium was already long past...

It was natural to call the shots instead of humiliating himself at a any Olympics or swimming competition.

Let's see into what he will venture.

Surely, Singaporean sport stars won't come with those opportunities as Americans by getting 90% of profits through commercial engagements...

Wouldn't wonder if he ends up in a mediacorp TV series sooner or later...

Of course it won't cause any tears in you! You aren't even a Singaporeans. Why would you care if Singapore wins another Olympic gold medal or not, right?

I hardly can be a "Singaporeans" because that would mean I am more than one... 7H.

surely, I would care if a Singaporean (not Singapore) wins another gold medal, because in the best event the President or PM would eventually call for a public holiday in celebration... 😁

Guest Lol

Why is this a surprise? 

All Olympic athletes have to retire once their prime is over. 

Don't forget he is already a millionaire from that gold medal. 

Don't need to work also can. 

Guest Am I right?

He is still young.  Swimming is not his career but simply his childhood sports.  He probably has other plan in life, away from the limelight and out of competition pressure.  He might choose arts or AI or opened a small business.  As such, he has the right to move on and wisely so,  because human stamina is not always the same when they aged. Thus our society should not live on the delusion of his past success with  gold medal.   He is already fat. 

1 hour ago, Guest Am I right? said:

He is still young.  Swimming is not his career but simply his childhood sports.  He probably has other plan in life, away from the limelight and out of competition pressure.  He might choose arts or AI or opened a small business.  As such, he has the right to move on and wisely so,  because human stamina is not always the same when they aged. Thus our society should not live on the delusion of his past success with  gold medal.   He is already fat. 

He injured his back and I think it's going to be a long road to recovery. Competitive swimming will only aggravate the problem. In any case, he is already 28 and over the hill as far as Olympic sports is concerned

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, sgwildfire18 said:

In any case, he is already 28 and over the hill as far as Olympic sports is concerned

At the Rio Olympics, Michael Phelps won 5 gold medals. He was 31.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.