Male HQ

Joseph Schooling News & Gossip

Guest Concern

Guest Concern

I am very upset, dissapointed and totally shock to my bones when I saw our Singapore Pride Joseph Schooling in Sunday Times today.

I see a thick layer of fat on his waist! What is happening to our Singapore Pride? 

Is it because of his many many non sports commitments that distact him from training?

What is SportsSG doing? Why is SportsSG not making sure Schooling is in tip top condition? Why are they allowing our Singapore Pride going fat?

The world is laughing at us that we allow our Olympic champ be a blimp. We are becoming a laughing stock in the international scene.

Should the government not put effort in naturing our sportsman? What had our ministers done except posing for pictures when our Singapore Pride won gold! 

You can hear the singgers when we travel overseas when foreigners discovered we are from Singapore.

SportsSG must buck up and not make us loose more face.

7 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

If he can still continue to win medals, fat or not not important.

Our Singapore Pride had lost several races. He is in his prime now and he should be winning every race! Do not make excuses!

All these while, what exectly did our government do? I did not read or hear what are they doing for him. Is there support? Is he financially stable? If he is, why is he doing so many endorsements? Mind you, jo is even doing modelling work and appeared in One Championship!!! Why cannot SportsSG finacially support Joe by maybe paying him $2000 a month or something like that to tide him financially so he can do more training?

Singapore's reputation and international standinh is at stake. The world is watching us and laughing at us. 

I hate to be shaken to my core..this episode will cause me sleepness nights as I fear our reputation and status in the world will be hurt by this whole non chalant attitude of our civil servents.

There are many people who deserved to be bitched on, and Joseph Schooling is not one of them. So what if he has put on weight? So what if this wasn't done to bulk himself up in preparation for something bigger and better? It shouldn't matter to anyone of us at all. He has done more than enough to make us proud. And if he is to do anything more, that's not because he owe it to anyone of us here, especially not to the government who has not done anything to support him prior to his win at the Olympics. In fact, he even has to "donate" part of his winnings back to the government! He has his own life to live now, and he can do it at his own pace, instead of yours. So who is anyone to judge him on how he should live his life now, regardless if he is now fat or slim? 

Guest Milo Bing

Whales, dolphins and dugongs have no waistline also swim very fast wah!  

1 hour ago, Guest Concern said:

I see a thick layer of fat on his waist! What is happening to our Singapore Pride? 

Maybe drink too much Milo? :whistle:

12 minutes ago, Cole said:

OP clearly you don’t know enough about the wide range of body composition athletes have. Go read up before you body shame the dude who has brought glory to Singapore.

Precisely! Tis show how shallow singaporean is. Noe nothing abt athletes but trying to act smart.

2 hours ago, Guest Concern said:

I am very upset, dissapointed and totally shock to my bones when I saw our Singapore Pride Joseph Schooling in Sunday Times today.

Is it because of his many many non sports commitments that distact him from training?

What is SportsSG doing? Why is SportsSG not making sure Schooling is in tip top condition? Why are they allowing our Singapore Pride going fat?

The world is laughing at us that we allow our Olympic champ be a blimp. We are becoming a laughing stock in the international scene.

Should the government not put effort in naturing our sportsman? What had our ministers done except posing for pictures when our Singapore Pride won gold! 

You can hear the singgers when we travel overseas when foreigners discovered we are from Singapore.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Our Singapore Pride had lost several races. He is in his prime now and he should be winning every race! Do not make excuses!

All these while, what exectly did our government do? I did not read or hear what are they doing for him. Is there support? Is he financially stable? If he is, why is he doing so many endorsements? Mind you, jo is even doing modelling work and appeared in One Championship!!! Why cannot SportsSG finacially support Joe by maybe paying him $2000 a month or something like that to tide him financially so he can do more training?

Singapore's reputation and international standinh is at stake. The world is watching us and laughing at us. 

I hate to be shaken to my core..this episode will cause me sleepness nights as I fear our reputation and status in the world will be hurt by this whole non chalant attitude of our civil servents.

perhaps you should justify why you have the rights to be make such statements when you did not contribute to his achievements. Neither did you participate in the qualifiers. Nor did you offer him any assistance in any forms. last of all, if you want to make SG proud, go get yourself into your so called tip top condition and get a gold in the Olympics. if not, just shut your hole up. its letting off too much nonsenses.

He can have any body type he wants and still remains a Singapore pride.

Your attitude doesn't align with what pride is and if you feel like you can't accept how he looks know, you sure as hell doesn't deserve him at his best. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Guest Maybe said:

Getting complacent from all the fame perhaps? Or maybe bulking to get a bigger frame.

Bulking up with muscles yes...have spare tire NO!

There are many people who deserved to be bitched on, and Joseph Schooling is not one of them. So what if he has put on weight? So what if this wasn't done to bulk himself up in preparation for something bigger and better? It shouldn't matter to anyone of us at all. He has done more than enough to make us proud. And if he is to do anything more, that's not because he owe it to anyone of us here, especially not to the government who has not done anything to support him prior to his win at the Olympics. In fact, he even has to "donate" part of his winnings back to the government! He has his own life to live now, and he can do it at his own pace, instead of yours. So who is anyone to judge him on how he should live his life now, regardless if he is now fat or slim? 

Its people like you who will cause the downfall of our Singapore Pride. You are giving him the idea that 'its enough', 'he can do it at his own pace'.....

He is a public figure and a Singapore Pride. With this comes obligation to Singaporeans as we are ultimately his paymaster. We demand that he perform at his best at all times!! No excuses!

What I am concern which shake me to my bare bones is that instead of training hard, he is promoting all these expensive things like Tag Huer, Hugo Boss, stay late night at One Championship, walk the catwalk...all these glamour things will be his downfall like all thos3 hollywood types. If he wete to endorse something, i suggest the Community Chest or Charity work instead of wastefull luxury expensive brands like Tag Huer and Hugo Boss as our young will spend alot of money on such useless items as Joseph endorse it...

Yes we need more arm chair critics like TS to contribute to sg pride. Not athletes who work their way without knowing what level of success they might get.

Critics like that can also share their NGOs list that Joseph can endorse. Bet its a list that ppl like TS has tirelessly volunteered for n carefully monitored on how theyve been performing.

7 minutes ago, auscent said:

Yes we need more arm chair critics like TS to contribute to sg pride. Not athletes who work their way without knowing what level of success they might get.

Critics like that can also share their NGOs list that Joseph can endorse. Bet its a list that ppl like TS has tirelessly volunteered for n carefully monitored on how theyve been performing.

Are you a true blue or new citizen because of your name AusCent?

Please be awaken to the new era..do you not know that netizens now are the voice of the future? 

Joesph now receives grants from government which is my hard earned money. Therefore there has to be accountability to how my money is spent. 

12 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Joesph now receives grants from government which is my hard earned money. Therefore there has to be accountability to how my money is spent. 

Call me ignorant. What grant(s) was and are given to Joseph presently ? For education or for his swimming future? Can you tell me what are those grant you speak of?

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

1 hour ago, upshot said:

Call me ignorant. What grant(s) was and are given to Joseph presently ? For education or for his swimming future? Can you tell me what are those grant you speak of?

Spex 

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Its people like you who will cause the downfall of our Singapore Pride. You are giving him the idea that 'its enough', 'he can do it at his own pace'.....

He is a public figure and a Singapore Pride. With this comes obligation to Singaporeans as we are ultimately his paymaster. We demand that he perform at his best at all times!! No excuses!

What I am concern which shake me to my bare bones is that instead of training hard, he is promoting all these expensive things like Tag Huer, Hugo Boss, stay late night at One Championship, walk the catwalk...all these glamour things will be his downfall like all thos3 hollywood types. If he wete to endorse something, i suggest the Community Chest or Charity work instead of wastefull luxury expensive brands like Tag Huer and Hugo Boss as our young will spend alot of money on such useless items as Joseph endorse it...

It is people like you who will cause the downfall of our own Singapore. It is never enough for you. You sit on your comfortable moral high horse, telling others to run faster behind you. You stink of PAP telling the people to work harder and cheaper while they sit in their ivory towers laughing doen at us.

You talk about SPEX. Where was the SPEX before his own patents spent almost $1 million of their own money to train Joseph? Where was your tax dollars then? In fact, after the Olympics, Joseph Schooling even had to give S$200,000 to the Singapore Swimming Association. So, how much is his SPEX worth? A million dollars? The interest the government owned the Schoolings is even more than any SPEX grants given.

Guest Disgusted

Has the government supported his training  before his victory? No.

Did he train under any local coach and facility? No.

It only happens that he is holding a Singaporean passport. His success has never once had anything to do with the government. That’s the result of his hard work and the sacrifice that his family made for him.

10 hours ago, Guest Concern said:

Ah, the guest that was flabbergasted at the price of log cakes is back. Have you ask the gahment to inspect the cleanliness of your butthole after wiping backside? :D

It is people like you who will cause the downfall of our own Singapore. It is never enough for you. You sit on your comfortable moral high horse, telling others to run faster behind you. You stink of PAP telling the people to work harder and cheaper while they sit in their ivory towers laughing doen at us.

You talk about SPEX. Where was the SPEX before his own patents spent almost $1 million of their own money to train Joseph? Where was your tax dollars then? In fact, after the Olympics, Joseph Schooling even had to give S$200,000 to the Singapore Swimming Association. So, how much is his SPEX worth? A million dollars? The interest the government owned the Schoolings is even more than any SPEX grants given.

You do not talk cock ok. Why are you defaming me by claiming I am a PAP supporter!!! How dare you! I am scolding the government to look after our Singapore Pride so that he will concentrate on swimming and not to spend time on product endorsements etc.

Did I ask Joseph to represent us? No! But since he chose to represent us, he must be responsible for his training.

It is people like you who will be the downfall of Singapore!! So obsessed with PAP and nothing else...pap this pap that..hold pap accountable but others dont need. For me, I demabd accountability from all! 

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

You do not talk cock ok. Why are you defaming me by claiming I am a PAP supporter!!! How dare you! I am scolding the government to look after our Singapore Pride so that he will concentrate on swimming and not to spend time on product endorsements etc.

Did I ask Joseph to represent us? No! But since he chose to represent us, he must be responsible for his training.

It is people like you who will be the downfall of Singapore!! So obsessed with PAP and nothing else...pap this pap that..hold pap accountable but others dont need. For me, I demabd accountability from all! 

Who said you are a PAP supporter? You only stink like one.

If you didn't ask Joseph to represent you, and if he is supposed to be responsible for his own training, then you so kaypoh about his weight for what?

Guest Skewlyngh

Now who's getting fat? More like getting phat, ya feel dat, homegayl. Bronze in the two Team Freestyle Relays and Gold in the 100 Meters Butterfly. Somebody can bite me, and more importantly bite Joseph Schooling, the Pride of the Lion Nation!

On 8/19/2018 at 12:04 AM, Guest Concern said:

Very upset, disappointed and totally shock to your bones??  Poor thing.  And you feel the world is laughing at you!

You need to descend from your parallel sports universe into reality.  Why in hell does it matter which swimmer beats another by some tenths of a second?  But if this is your passion, good for you and enjoy it without blaming others.

The money of a government is much better served by supporting children in need than by supporting top athletes.  Let them support themselves. 

I have nothing against people like Schooling but I am against the injustices of society.   He was born with a sports "silver spoon",  a family of athletes who spent a lot of money in his education.  It is much more important that poor little children learn to swim than that some Olympic champion happens to have Singapore roots.

3 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Very upset, disappointed and totally shock to your bones??  Poor thing.  And you feel the world is laughing at you!

You need to descend from your parallel sports universe into reality.  Why in hell does it matter which swimmer beats another by some tenths of a second?  But if this is your passion, good for you and enjoy it without blaming others.

The money of a government is much better served by supporting children in need than by supporting top athletes.  Let them support themselves. 

I have nothing against people like Schooling but I am against the injustices of society.   He was born with a sports "silver spoon",  a family of athletes who spent a lot of money in his education.  It is much more important that poor little children learn to swim than that some Olympic champion happens to have Singapore roots.

Joseph Schooling should be supported and financed by the government since young. Do you know that his parents must sell their house to finance Jo's training? And when Jo won the gold, many Government officials start to take pictures with him, he was paraded on top of a bus like an animal somemore. Where were them when Jo was a young boy?

In singapore, the government do not support the Arts or sports. The government should support young singaporeans financially when young fully so that they can concentrate on their craft. 

Just look at the countries like USA, China, UK and so on..these countries have their government fully supporting them thats why they are world beaters and leaders in terms of sports and arts.

Guest Fit uncle

It's his life and he has to plan for his future as well by earning some money by product endorsements. He has to sacrifice some training time. He is only going to compete until 2024, after that he's on his own.

In China, many Olympic gold medalists ended up being jobless and barely make ends meet. They didn't seize the opportunity to earn some money while they're still in the limelight. This chilling fact is well known to all athletes.

Unless you are going to sponsor him, you have no right to demand anything from him. It only shows the shallowness of your values.

20 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Joseph Schooling should be supported and financed by the government since young. Do you know that his parents must sell their house to finance Jo's training? And when Jo won the gold, many Government officials start to take pictures with him, he was paraded on top of a bus like an animal somemore. Where were them when Jo was a young boy?

In singapore, the government do not support the Arts or sports. The government should support young singaporeans financially when young fully so that they can concentrate on their craft. 

Just look at the countries like USA, China, UK and so on..these countries have their government fully supporting them thats why they are world beaters and leaders in terms of sports and arts.

Which one of us has had parents who sold their house to finance our training?  As a child after my father died, my grandmother at home and mother at work raised my sister and me. We were poor, but my mother put aside enough money to pay for our sports club where we learned to swim. I count myself among the very fortunate.  

Your government does not support the arts or sports.  It does not support people with HIV.  It does not try to regenerate individuals caught selling drugs but gives them a mandatory death penalty.  Singapore is one of the places most expensive to live, and it has huge amounts of money.  THIS is what people should pay attention, not that someone with a Singapore passport but educated elsewhere wins some competition.

I feel the same for other countries like USA, China, UK and so on...  There is too much poverty to justify supporting the training of a very few.  But this is nothing new, these governments through their politicians already favor the finances of a very few.

Edited by Steve5380

36 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not really lah, our govt actually supported foreign talent by getting the whole china table tennis team, give them citizenship so they could play for us.

Just for your info...steve's country govt does not fund their swimmers at all. Its by private donations.

Tax payers have been funding a huge sum to many sportsmen via training, support and so on.

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Which one of us has had parents who sold their house to finance our training?  As a child after my father died, my grandmother at home and mother at work raised my sister and me. We were poor, but my mother put aside enough money to pay for our sports club where we learned to swim. I count myself among the very fortunate.  

Your government does not support the arts or sports.  It does not support people with HIV.  It does not try to regenerate individuals caught selling drugs but gives them a mandatory death penalty.  Singapore is one of the places most expensive to live, and it has huge amounts of money.  THIS is what people should pay attention, not that someone with a Singapore passport but educated elsewhere wins some competition.

I feel the same for other countries like USA, China, UK and so on...  There is too much poverty to justify supporting the training of a very few.  But this is nothing new, these governments through their politicians already favor the finances of a very few.

My oh my...dun know dun anyhow say hor...funding for arts in sg is high..even wild rice gets funding hor...sports? The selected few are given rather large sums of direct cash, alot recives indirect in forms of coaching, training and logistics...

And you just go look at your country's drug problem lah...we do not want to be a country that tahan drugs hor.

And you just go look at your country's drug problem lah...we do not want to be a country that tahan drugs hor.

I am well aware of it.  The worst drug problem here was triggered by the prescription opioids.  Do you have this problem in Singapore?

I would feel better if those who get mandatory death sentences are not the poor devils who pushed some drugs, but the executives of the drug companies who were eager to commercialize their deadly drugs under deceptive promises that they were not going to be addictive.

21 minutes ago, Guest yttaF said:

Wah didn't we spend 1.3 billion dollars for the sports hub?

Yes..thats alot of money..do read its factsheet on what it provides for sportsmen and public.

9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Yes..thats alot of money..do read its factsheet on what it provides for sportsmen and public.

It provided a white elephant to us and charge us ticket fees to use it?

• G_M changed the title to Joseph Schooling News & Gossip
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.