Male HQ

Absolute Sauna

hmm, the way i look at it, those submit emails but not invited, really give an impression not welcome...hehe, no offence..
i think so. I admit that I only go to the old towel club twice. I guess they did not invite me, because my attendance to the old towel club is not regular.

All along i didnt said i keen to go nor expected to be invited or watever.. u got problem with tat?

no problem. i only don't get it. if you are not keen or do not expect to be invited to Absolute, what then is your problem with them?

Edited by dienasaw

i think so. I admit that I only go to the old towel club twice. I guess they did not invite me, because my attendance to the old towel club is not regular.

all the more they should invite you. to win a new (in your case, relatively new) customer over. it's their loss. maybe the system screwed up your email or they were just being random. i don't think they promised everyone who submitted their email adds that they would definitely get an invite.

Guest kungfu hunk

you seem to be under the impression that absolute is towel club? i am afraid this is not true.

absolute is owned by people completely different from towel club. absolute's owners only recruited towel club's former manager to run this new place.

Hence your e-mail address or past towel club visits including those of many other people are not available to absolute.

Another Sauna.. reminded me of the first time i took the courage and walked into blue heaven sauna in bugis..

man wrapped in silver white towel walking around find the mate for the evening..

those nude nites still makes me whenever I think about..

LOL :hat:

--

Cheers

Gold Poovan Deva

Pride As One

http://www.fabulousasia.com/

you seem to be under the impression that absolute is towel club? i am afraid this is not true.

absolute is owned by people completely different from towel club. absolute's owners only recruited towel club's former manager to run this new place.

Hence your e-mail address or past towel club visits including those of many other people are not available to absolute.

In that case, all the more, they shouldn't select people. They should be happy to let everyone go and enjoy the new club. Who knows, the former towel club manager only choose those that he knows, I am not be surprised, at least 80% invited are the friends of the former towel club manager, who is also the new club's manager.

Guest -happy69-
In that case, all the more, they shouldn't select people. They should be happy to let everyone go and enjoy the new club. Who knows, the former towel club manager only choose those that he knows, I am not be surprised, at least 80% invited are the friends of the former towel club manager, who is also the new club's manager.

How you get the statistic 80%? I am not a regular to any of the sauna but still I am invited.

Just to put things into perspective.

I have been to the old TC very irregularly. I do not now the people involved in Absolute's management. What I did was took part in their mailing list, and I was selected.

Have you ever thought that it could be a totally random thing? It's like not playing 4D and then complaining that you didn't win anything. It's all about probability.

Also, it's called a preview because that's what it is: a preview. If they allowed everyone to go and enjoy the new club, then it would be called a launch. A preview is usually done so that they can do improvements to the place before they have an actual launch. They would want to limit the number of people to the preview so that they can control the responses. Logical, no?

Guest NonJudgemental

I would like to give my 2cents worth . I went to the formal Towel club on the last day of operation. The front desk manager asked me why don't i buy the 6 day pass at $100. I was shocked and asked him why should i spent the $100 knowing they are closing the next day. He rplied : " who told you we are closing tomorrow?" ........ true enough, they stopped their operation the next day. A few of my friends were conned to buy the $100 pass.

Now, they are employing the same bunch of workers with a different owner and different name and different location.

Does that mean the $100 pass my friends bought were no long valid?

If this is the case, then is this called cheating?

I told all my sauna friends to stopped supporting such a club.

... Who knows, the former towel club manager only choose those that he knows...

if he is able to do that, he is amazing... that is because i know that most of us have email addresses that have no relation whatsoever with our real names... and a good number of us don't even register with our real names! haha!

Guest guest

Who are you going to blame for not winning a lucky draw?

You sound like a really spoilt princess.

Guest guest

One Seven is having a promotion on the same Friday: stay there 2 hours and get a return visit free.

Sounds like a very low, underhanded tactic to steer people away from Absolute on their soft launch.

Furthermore, they officially close at 11pm, and their guys are closing off areas in the premises to start cleaning at 10pm, which effectively means you are obliged to leave around 10pm. Really really mean and despicable business practice. I hope Absolute and TC teach them a lesson in proper business ethics. Boo on One Seven. Shame on you.

Hope Absolute is not flooded with posing queens though.

Guest Guest

last time this spa differentiate 'cuteness' or 'goodlooking' customers by the staff who signed u up. if u r cute, u get a membership card starting w XX and if you are avg and below, u get card number starting with YY.

Guest -curious-

If anyone going there, pls write a review hor! Not so sure about this new sauna opening hours. Wonder if it opens 24hours on certain evening?

Guest -curious-

I am looking forward to its open-top garden which has a view of Chinatown below. I love garden setting. Hope it brings back memories of Rairua.

The rain threatened to wash out whatever anticipation one has for the preview of Spore latest gay playground- Absolute. In the end, it wasnt the rain that left a slight bitter aftertaste on my maiden visit to the newest sauna. It was inefficiency. Coming from the former management team of Tower Club, it was kinda hard to believe. The door to the sauna was supposed to be open to welcome guests at 1400hrs. Arriving there exactly on time, I was dismayed to see the unfriendly sight of padlocks still chaining its knobs. Not a good sign. Fifteen min back there later to check on the situation and the door was still shut and no visible sign at all of Absolute in operation anywhere near its premises (the least they could have done is to paste a notice about the delay). No wonder I saw a few arrivals like me furtively searching for the place, unsure if they got the right address. Two calls to the sauna went unanswered until a final call was picked up. A hurried staff replied that the place would not be ready until 3pm. For those new to the area, Absolute is situated at possibly the busiest intersection in Chinatown. The human traffic there is annoying and that is not a good thing. Absolute at 32A is sandwiched between two tourishy souvenir shops and for those who value their privacy, this location might not be for you. If you are coming out from the MRT, look out the unit on your left. Those coming from the Indian Temple, it would be on your right. Look for 32A among the even numbered houses along Pagoda street.

The door eventually opened at 1505 hrs and already a queue had formed up to get in. But computer glitches kept us confused and waiting at the reception area for many minutes wondering what was happening. After an anxious wait, those of us who wanted to take a look at the place were let in. The first impression of the place is good, kinda classy, with lots of black and white and pale wood combination design to soothe the eyes. The first sight to greet you is the locker area. On the first floor is the general shower area. When you venture further in, you will find the steam room which is kinda small (even smaller than that of Shogun's). As this is only a preview (like viewing a condo before you buy it), nothing is running yet. Another disappointment. Most of the area can be accessed by a short flight of stairs. Many private rooms, again tastefully done, can be found on the floor above the locker room. The rooms are spaciious with big, tilted mirror just above the bed for that extra visual stimulation. Nice. Only some rooms have got proper beds. Some rooms have only thick mattresses on the floor. There are more rooms on the third floor and the biggest disappointment of all, the garden area was not ready for public preview as it was still drizzling (or it was not ready which I suspected). In fact, some workers were still there fixing up this and that. Also, I was told that there would not be any jazucci as they are not allowed in old shophouses.

If you go today, just to take a look, you can sign up for a membership card at $8 (usual $10) and you have to be early to buy the special 6 visits pass at $68 (usual $128). I thought of buying but the queue waiting to sign up, or for some, just wanting to get in, was just too long and too troublesome. And the staff or computer had a hard time coping. I have a feeling that this sauna would be overtaken by those beaufiful' people who used to patronise TC sooner or later. And until the real Tower Club opens up, it remains to be seen if Absolute would reign supreme in our local sauna scene.

ps you dont need a special invites to get in. They never check. In any case, they are not fully operationally-ready.

Edited by erection day

The rain theartened to wash out whatever anticipation one has for the preview of Spore latest gay playground- Absolute. In the end, it wasnt the rain that left a slight bitter taste on my visit to the newest sauna. ........................

.............................. Edited by Gachi

If you go today, just to take a look, you can sign up for a membership card at $8 (usual $10) and you have to be early to buy the special 6 visits pass at $68 (usual $128). I thought of buying but the queue waiting to sign up, or for some, just wanting to get in, was just too long and too troublesome. And the staff or computer had a hard time coping. I have a feeling that this suana would be overtaken by those beaufiful' people who used to patronised Tower sooner or later. And until the real Tower Club opens up, it remains to be seen if Absolute would reign supreme in our local suana scene.

ps you dont need a special invites to get in. They never checked.

I am a regular at shogun. I don't remember that there is a steam room at shogun leh

Thanks for the reply Tsumetai.... but in future, pls remember, dont need to quote whole passage. :lol:

Yes, there is a lovely steam room on the top floor at Shogun at the very end of the dark cruising area (at the opp end of The Cottage). Maybe the management has turned down the steam. Next time you are there, do ask Vincent.

I am NOT a competitor, just a normal lay man giving my opinion on Absolute.. absolutely salah.

I paid a brief 30 mins at the soft launch of this new sauna. Aside from its fantastic location, I believe the owners need to address certain sticky issues with the layout and design.

a. Steam room - OK there is the usual shower area which is linked to the steam room. No door is fixed at the entrance of the steam room today. If the intention is not to have a door there but to use thick plastic sheets, then it is acceptable. There is about 6 shower heads and 2 water-closets on this entrance level.

b. Activity room - there are about 10 cubicles for your activities on the second level. The mattresses are (fortunately) placed on a platform. I have this impression that the rooms are for GROUP activity rather than one on one cos they are slightly bigger.

So far so good but you are wrong.

I may only be 1.75m tall but I hit the overhead beams on the second floor thrice. So beware, tall guys.

The steam room is small, perhaps to accomodate ten people at the most at any one time. I cant figure it out but I strongly feels that there is something missing or awkward in the layout.

Based on this short visit, I am going to give it 2/5 for its layout. It would be a fire hazard if there are more than 50 guys in this sauna (oops there is NO sauna here!). There simply isnt sufficient space for them to walk around. The alley way/corridor on the second floor is again, strictly single file. I doubt the interior designers obtain their approval from the local Fire Bureau authority.

Time will tell whether guys flock to it or it will fold within 6 months. Yes at a glance today, there is a $10 registration fee and the minimum entry fee is $21 for those above 25 years old. Concessions are given to twinks...

Edited by abang

Was at the Absolute at 4.45 pm. I was disappointed, maybe the anticipation was too much due to the hype and their annoucements. First, the staff tried to make a hard sell of their membership before I could even look at the place. Finally, they let me in (I had an "invitation" but it meant nothing to them).

The place looks classy, everything is new, but I only manage to see the lockers, the cubicles and bathrooms. I didn't notice the steam-room as stated by

Erection Day. I was certainly disappointed as the place looked kind of a small, the previous Niche Bar at the same place looked much bigger.

In the end, I did not sign up for the yearly membership, the main reason is the facilities there is kind of limited. I didn't see any lounge, sauna or water-pool which I liked. They only have a roof-garden (not opened yet), a steam room and some private rooms. I think I will feel very bored there.

Perhaps they make the place only for quickie sessions only.

I was there with free preview entry.Following are my rating :-

• Staff friendliness - no smile at all
  • Staff job knowledge - allow entry to guest even though no preview invitation
  • Facilities- Only room but each with lube and toilet tissue supply, no chair or benches ,no sauna ,No internet or pc access,limited toilets,rock music
  • Price - 30 days monthly unlimited entry pass selling at $162 which is very affordable and attractive
  • Patrons- young plu crowd mostly

Edited by mature30

I am a regular at shogun. I don't remember that there is a steam room at shogun leh

Tsumetai

There is a steamroom in Shogun.Gachi ever wrote a field report of it.Shogun owner only use 'short circuit" as excuses for not repairing its steamroom facilities.It's has been down since last December 2007.May b got to wait till this yearend Xmas.

Edited by mature30

I am NOT a competitor, just a normal lay man giving my opinion on Absolute.. absolutely salah.

Time will tell whether guys flock to it or it will fold within 6 months. Yes at a glance today, there is a $10 registration fee and the minimum entry fee is $21 for those above $25. Concessions are given to twinks...

:lol::lol::lol: Yah, the layout is rather disappointing.

But u mean above age 25 or what? What is $21 above $25???

My friend went in there after 7 pm and he too gave the thumbs down for the place. He said the place looks more like a quickie place as he joked about China boys bringing their clients there, just to save on hotel charges. $162 for unlimited entry.. (pun intended, ha ha). He mentioned that the charges are almost similar to 17 and it is very unlikely that the crowd at 17 is going to migrate over. My friend was disappointed because the facilities were so limited and as he said, "Even the toilet, steam room and jaccuzzi at Safra Toa Payoh's gym looks more promising."

Enough said and I shall let others provide the criticism for this place....

Tsumetai, are you sure you are a regular?

A regular that don't know that there is actually a Steam room on the 4th floor which is one floor above the shower room?

Let's hope this link will jog your memories on where the Steam room is. http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php...st=0#entry59536

Guest richatd
Why jump to the conclusion that you are not welcome because u hv not been invited? Duh!

Just been to the preview, quite disapponted, price are too steep compare to the near by sauna

Guest guest

Was totally disappointed. Left after 3mins of touring the place. I reckon it cant survive long, especially they are charging such high admission fee with not much facilities at all and the place is too small.

Guest chances

It's a pity that none of us got to see for ourselves what would undoubtedly be Absolute's trump card- that is their top garden overlooking the whole of Chinatown. So comments so far have ranged from muted to downright disappointment. I was wondering is there any other resting area (just to sit and watch people, watch tv or do some light reading)? Absolute management, care to comment?

Guest guests
This is a sauna without sauna facilities. Rooms for hot fxxking session, yes there are a lot.

there r more to come wait lar. think there is internet and sofa , . roof garden will have more plants and they going to capture all the ex tc group pf ppl.wait for the opening on wed action begin.

Guest bird bird

ok here is another review of absolute

i m a regular of towel club last time and not the rest.

its located exactly at the old gay club niche and it sure bring back memories to me! its use to be my playground and its my playground again, love it! just a stone throw away from chinatown mrt.

its at 32A pagoda street, if ppl say that street is packed and crowed, give me a break, you enter a small door and go to the 2nd floor and wow what a difference from the outside world

a total world of discreet and seclusion away from the busy below! it has all the privacy in the world as its not base on the ground floor!

pros:

the decor is amazing, i thought i enter some kind of boutique hotel without the boutique hotel charges hehehehe.

i was there from 6pm to 11pm before i went clubbing.

there were like 5 floors, the place is like a maze of its own, got lost initially and bang into many mirrors every where hahahahaha so fun

from the lobby u enter u see the lockers on the 2nd floor

the first floor is where the tv lounge n internet will be. the staff told me its a preview day so the 2 pc is not up so that food can be put there, i heard they plan to build sofa around that area too.

as you walk further into the first floor u will get to see the bathrooms n toilets. i too thought there was no steam room until i see properly, it was well hidden discreetly behind the shower heads

so smart, cruise ppl at shower and enter the steam from behind. the steam room is big , as big as ex TC one. not operational yet so no door since its a preview day. anyway i m not a steam room fan as i hardly use the ex TC one even.

3rd floor was the dark rooms and wow do i love the room mirrors. it is build in such a way, whether u r top or btm and while fxxking u will see each other. sooooo kinky n erotic love it!

big rooms n beds! i know it becos i already had fun in the room hehehe. the 3rd floor has a tv area too where the staff told me sofa will be build

went to the fourth floor and wow the rooms r even better with same mirror effects and i already saw my favourite room heheehe and i m not telling which one so don't come snatch with me!

and finally the roof top garden cafe. it was breath taking to see the whole of chinatown and city sky line in the night

the whole chinatown is quite n dead yet this place is so happening in the middle of chinatown. i can imagine after sex i can come here n chill out n take a smoke and then go cruise again after that

the staff told me lunch n dinner is serve once open.

strangely there was one stair case that went all the way down but dead end, i thought it was a future dungeon cruising ground hehehehe

overall i love the place and the decor, the lightening are good too, its cheaper than one seven yet has better decor n cleanliness and the ex tc staff are all so friendly. this place make me feel so welcome and at home already.

cons:

of course not everything was good yesterday, i did not like the long q. i waited long too but i guess with the kind of crowd that came pouring in, i just got to be patient

the buffet food was ok since its free anyway but there was no ppl there to guide the crowd on the food and there was no more water to drink down stairs. have to climb to the cafe to get!

i take it as a preview so i can see that quite of things are still not done up, like the mirrors of the basins, the steam room doors and urinals and i heard the roof top cafe will have fans install and fountain features. the stair case will be repolish up.

the plants did not look too lively yet but i guess need time to grow!

the locker area did look cramp a bit but over all love the high ceilings and multilevel maze structure on its own.

yesterday was also disappointing that ppl seem lost as they did not know whether the rooms can be use for sex as most ppl r not in towels.

but i guess its just a preview .

but later the night i did see many rooms lost its virgin hahahaha

there is no pool or juccuzi like ex TC but frankly i hardly use them and will not miss it anyway. not sure how clean is the water with all sort of ppl using it

i now can't wait for 30th july to come to see the full operational absolute. i heard first 500 got free 0.03 condoms, so i m going early, call me cheapo and whatever, but i already paid the membership and packages 6 visit so must get the most out of it!

Guest guests
ok here is another review of absolute

i m a regular of towel club last time and not the rest.

===============

Lazy guest, please edit, don't need to quote the whole post.

=============

i now can't wait for 30th july to come to see the full operational absolute. i heard first 500 got free 0.03 condoms, so i m going early, call me cheapo and whatever, but i already paid the membership and packages 6 visit so must get the most out of it!

all this not impt. most impt wat type of guys partronize there?

Guest smartAlex

The above seem so fake and obviously is written by the ppl or engaged by Absolute to do the write up. Why didn't the ppl involved just come up straight to convey their views and correct any misconceptions the public may have. It could be a nice joint, but they have obviously dissappointed many ppl cause those who went there did not see the best they have to offer and now they have to make a spin. I hate this spinning business, just come out straight and clarity things and stop beating around the bush. Its tiresome.

Guest Guest
last time this spa differentiate 'cuteness' or 'goodlooking' customers by the staff who signed u up. if u r cute, u get a membership card starting w XX and if you are avg and below, u get card number starting with YY.

sure or not ? i got a XX. in my card. so any previlege?

Guest Absolutely Lousy

Was there and left after 10 minutes.

The location is too open and offers no privacy.

Staff at the souvenir shops on the first floor were giving direction to the place and surely know what is going on.

The interior of the spa is certainly claustrophobic and narrow. Literally you don't have a place to stand or sit.

My friend that I went with also agree fully that the place is absolutely lousy. Real sad !!!

i agree, the fake review appears to be written by someone who was involved in the conceptualisation of the sauna... but sigh... good or bad, people will still go. a good example will be Raw... i guess we don't have that many options.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Whether you are invited or not is no big deal! it is just another place for you know what I mean!

There are different people around that targets different taste group, if you think you dont fit in, just forgat about the whole thing. there are more than enough sauna to share!

Cheers!

Guest bird bird
i agree, the fake review appears to be written by someone who was involved in the conceptualisation of the sauna... but sigh... good or bad, people will still go. a good example will be Raw... i guess we don't have that many options.

hey you guys are a bit pathetic right?

my id has been around since this tread was around and i was even asking around if anyone knows where is this new absolute going to be

then now i just write an unbiased review since some ppl here ask for some reviews about the new sauna

and now u ppl say my review is fake

does anyone here says your review is fake? i think not right?

everyone is entitled to their opinions and i did not even say anything about ur review.

anyway fake or not fake, ppl go there will know, how to fake something like that? go figure please!

hey you guys are a bit pathetic right?

my id has been around since this tread was around and i was even asking around if anyone knows where is this new absolute going to be

then now i just write an unbiased review since some ppl here ask for some reviews about the new sauna

and now u ppl say my review is fake

does anyone here says your review is fake? i think not right?

everyone is entitled to their opinions and i did not even say anything about ur review.

anyway fake or not fake, ppl go there will know, how to fake something like that? go figure please!

You have no right to use the word "pathetic" on us reviewers, we are speaking from our hearts. You are obviously the PR guy for Absolute (from your first post in this tread) and YOU DO MAKE A VERY LOUSY PR GUY, you don't even know how to spin and in one of the above post you even try to fake Singlish, your fake Singlish is very badly done. Your bad spinning reminds me of some garmen in this region. How could Absolute engage such an incompetence PR guy, just wonder.

Guest guest
You have no right to use the word "pathetic" on us reviewers, we are speaking from our hearts. You are obviously the PR guy for Absolute (from your first post in this tread) and YOU DO MAKE A VERY LOUSY PR GUY, you don't even know how to spin and in one of the above post you even try to fake Singlish, your fake Singlish is very badly done. Your bad spinning reminds me of some garmen in this region. How could Absolute engage such an incompetence PR guy, just wonder.

dun fight dun fight. u like u go u dun like dun go . there r many other gay spa.

Guest Guess ?

Sigh ... This forum although very informative but filled with members keep arguing and bitching

over small matters. We are old enough ! Please be accommodating about other people's view on

all the subjects so we can live in harmony. Whether comments are good or bad. Take it positively.

After all, it will benefits the gay community. No war and start making love :lol:

Mine dun have XX or YY leh, just number only. So sad, i'm not even in the below avg look........T_T

Guest guest
Mine dun have XX or YY leh, just number only. So sad, i'm not even in the below avg look........T_T

TT ? than go ten men club lar, u know wat ten men club means? 10 human size become one big fat man.

that's the whole idea... to get people to go there at least once. a successful sauna would be confident that its customers would come repeatedly. time will tell if absolute is farce or fab.