Male HQ

Perplexed over the Malay/Chinese mix thing

greg01greg

3 hours ago, upshot said:

Correct.. I know of Chinese or other race who thinks all Malay are Muslim. Sure majority are but there are states like Sabah where there are Malay folks who are Christian or not religious.

Even in sg, I know a few Malays who are not not Muslims. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

17 minutes ago, fab said:

Even in sg, I know a few Malays who are not not Muslims. 

I have 2 Malay buddies. One goes eating wanton mee with me at least once a week during lunch. Shock the food stall owner for sure but after a while she give up feeling bad serving char siew to him. Another would ask me help him buy pork, so he can cook it at home when the wife is not in. LOL

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Its funny that the chinese question why many malay guys here claims that they are mixed chinese when they dont look like one at all. Dont u know or you pretend to forget that back in the olden days. U chinese give away ur daughter because you think sons are more precious! Out of pity many of these chinese daughters are adopted by the malay family. Hence most of us are of mix heritage. My own grandmother was given away as a child to a malay family. Even my uncles wife was a chinese give away. And i got to know that all 3 of her siblings are chinese give away as well because her adopted parents are childless. Many of my mums female friends are chinese adopted too. The trends of giving away daughter is as recent as 40 - 50 years ago. So it not really a surprise why many of the malays claims to be of mix malay chinese heritage.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.