Male HQ

Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)

jazz

Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator

We're getting away from the Chinese/Indian topic, and thankfully also away from the troll guest posts aimed at inciting racism, but I had no idea Tommy Page was gay. I knew he died three years ago, but none of the articles I read mentioned his personal life, or even that he died from suicide.

Tommy's biggest hit, by the way, was "I'll Be Your Everything"which reached #1 in the US and #5 in Canada around the time of his 20th birthday in May 1990. He was part of that era's crew of young artists who toured and sang together which included New Kids On The Block, Tiffany, and Sa-Fire.

Here's another prominent member of the late ’80s and early ’90s teen idol crew, Debbie Gibson, covering "I'll Be Your Everything" as a tribute to Tommy during her concert in Singapore two years ago. She also invited a number of Twitter contest winners to join her on stage during this performance.

Guest Try and see

S

9 minutes ago, Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator said:

We're getting away from the Chinese/Indian topic, and thankfully also away from the troll guest posts aimed at inciting racism, but I had no idea Tommy Page was gay. I knew he died three years ago, but none of the articles I read mentioned his personal life, or even that he died from suicide.

The ST report (link below) did mention it was a suicide, and that he has a husband, but somehow I completely missed it and never saw any news of it on social media also.

But I remember last time when he was still alive I did try to find out if he was gay, but nothing concrete came up from my online searches, except for "rumours" that he might be gay from a few industry sources.

Anyway, sorry for turning this into a temporal Tommy Page tribute thread. (Moderators, please close one eye and don't delete the Tommy Page posts!)

I remember I always played his Shoulder To Cry On song (MTV below) on my discman with loudspeakers during guard duties during NS.

Tommy was only 18 when he released that song.

Rest in peace, Tommy. I'm very sorry I didn't know all this while that you had already left us.

You will be missed very much. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/tommy-page-ill-be-your-everything-singer-dies-at-46

7 hours ago, Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator said:

Tommy's biggest hit, by the way, was "I'll Be Your Everything"which reached #1 in the US and #5 in Canada around the time of his 20th birthday in May 1990. He was part of that era's crew of young artists who toured and sang together which included New Kids On The Block, Tiffany, and Sa-Fire.

I didn't know anything about Tommy Page,  and as you I feel sorry about his passing away...  at 46 y.o. !

Why suicide?  The 40s are difficult years.  Watching "I'll be your Everything" it is not difficult to feel envy for him, young and so successful back then at 20 y.o.   Maybe he thought that he was so far away from what he was in his 20,  that everything would be going downhill from there!

I have lived now 30 years longer than he,  and have experienced that after the 40s everything can go nicely UPHILL from there.  Of course my 20s were not so great compared to the 40s,  but I still was not happy in the 40s.   IT IS BETTER TO HANG ON.  There is always plenty of time to die,  he he. 

Guest Hazily Instructor
2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Why suicide? The 40s are difficult years. Watching "I'll be your Everything" it is not difficult to feel envy for him, young and so successful back then at 20 y.o. Maybe he thought that he was so far away from what he was in his 20, that everything would be going downhill from there!

Even so, I still don't understand killing himself, because the article said he was married to his husband and they had several children. How could he leave them behind like that? Also he was producing records and mentoring the younger generation of singers. Even if he felt the spotlight had passed him by, he still had lots of fans who remembered him, and he was sometimes doing reunion shows with New Kids on the Block, Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, and the rest of their entourage as well.

I understand that it must have been a jolt to hit #1 on the charts at the age of 20, have to deal with so much sudden success at a young age, then see it vanish almost as quickly as it came. I'm sure he was also struggling with his sexuality since being publicly gay would have killed his career at that time. But he navigated all of that, stayed in the music business, and became an executive. There is still value in that and he was also performing with his old mates from time to time. It's sad.

Guest Uncle
7 hours ago, upshot said:

DEPRESSION is not a gay issue or reason for killing themselves. Let's be clear on this. heh

Depression is a mental condition that can happen to people triggered by various things. Some of us go through a period of it and get out of it while for some, it sticks to them.

We have had some really talented and super rich who took their own lives to. Robin William, Kate Spade, Anthony Bourdain,  Leslie Cheung, Kurt Cobain, Alexander McQueen, Tony Scott (Brother of Ridley Scott - Alien Movie..etc) all died from bouts of depression which led to drug and drinking. All rich and famous but if something in their life is not right and it becomes a key focus for them. All the love ones, security and money in the world be damn. This is nothing by comparison to NORMAL regular people where the numbers in some countries are dame high.

Link from: https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/depression/what-is-depression

What Is Depression?

Depression (major depressive disorder) is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Fortunately, it is also treatable. Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities once enjoyed. It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease a person’s ability to function at work and at home.

Depression symptoms can vary from mild to severe and can include:

• Feeling sad or having a depressed mood
  • Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
  • Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting
  • Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
  • Loss of energy or increased fatigue
  • Increase in purposeless physical activity (e.g., hand-wringing or pacing) or slowed movements and speech (actions observable by others)
  • Feeling worthless or guilty
  • Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions
  • Thoughts of death or suicide

Who's Tommy Page? Does he have an Indian boyfriend? Why is there such a lengthy dissertation about him here? What am I missing here?

5 hours ago, Guest Uncle said:

Who's Tommy Page? Does he have an Indian boyfriend? Why is there such a lengthy dissertation about him here? What am I missing here?

You may request the moderator to remove it then. I do not have the power to remove it or remove to a more suited thread sharing awareness on the danger of depression. If the moderator can not do anything about it, I will edit it out by removing it from being viewed here. If it is still here in 1-2 hours time, I will edit and erase it and all my other related portion I made some mention of it. You can ask the others to do the same too.. as one uncle to another.

UPDATED:  ALL ERASED FOR GUEST UNCLE. 5.00am

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

6 hours ago, Guest Uncle said:

So please erase your last one that contain my QUOTE.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Ian Holm, Shakespearean actor in ‘Lord of the Rings,' ‘Alien,‘ ‘Chariots of Fire,' dies at 88

By CARMEL DAGAN, VARIETY
TRIBUNE CONTENT AGENCY |
JUN 19, 2020 | 7:26 AM

Actor Ian Holm was known for films like "Lord of the Rings," "The Fifth Element," "Alien" and "Henry V." He was nominated for an Oscar for 1981's "Chariots of Fire."
Actor Ian Holm was known for films like "Lord of the Rings," "The Fifth Element," "Alien" and "Henry V." He was nominated for an Oscar for 1981's "Chariots of Fire." (Clarence Williams / Los Angeles Times)

Ian Holm, the classically trained Shakespearean actor best known to film audiences for his performances in films including the “Lord of the Rings” and “Hobbit” movies, “Chariots of Fire” and “Alien,” has died. He was 88.

His agent confirmed the death to the Guardian newspaper in England: “It is with great sadness that the actor Sir Ian Holm CBE passed away this morning at the age of 88. He died peacefully in hospital, with his family and carer,” adding that his illness was Parkinson’s related. “Charming, kind and ferociously talented, we will miss him hugely.”

Holm, who was celebrated for interpretations of most of the Shakespeare canon, including a towering “King Lear,” also excelled onstage in the original production of Harold Pinter’s “The Homecoming,” which he also brought to Broadway. He began working in films only midway through his career, debuting with an adaptation of his stage performance in “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” in 1968.

In later years, however, he worked increasingly in movies and more selectively onstage, appearing in high-profile films such as “Alien,” “The Fifth Element,” “Lord of the Rings” pics “The Fellowship of the Ring” and “The Return of the King” and “Hobbit” movies “An Unexpected Journey” and “The Battle of the Five Armies.”

But his finest work was contained in independently made productions like Oscar best picture “Chariots of Fire,” which brought him a nomination as best supporting actor in 1982; “The Madness of King George”; “Joe Gould’s Secret”; “Big Night”; and “The Sweet Hereafter.”

He also worked regularly on British television series such as “The Borrowers,” “Bells,” “Mr. and Mrs. Edgehill,” “We the Accused” and “Game Set and Match.”

Ian Holm as Bilbo Baggins admires the ring he found -- as related in J.R.R. Tolkien's book, "The Hobbit" -- in a scene from the movie "The Fellowship of the Ring."
Ian Holm as Bilbo Baggins admires the ring he found -- as related in J.R.R. Tolkien's book, "The Hobbit" -- in a scene from the movie "The Fellowship of the Ring." (New Line Productions Inc.)

Holm was remarkably versatile and, despite his short stature, rarely limited in his selection of roles. He was very much an actor’s actor, too chameleon-like to have a strong star impact. In 1998, he received his knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II for his contribution to drama.

Holm had been working as an actor for decades when he first achieved mainstream notice for his work as an android in 1979′s “Alien” and as the Olympic trainer Sam Mussabini in 1981′s “Chariots of Fire.”

Over the next decade the roles became larger and more distinctive, including Napoleon in “Time Bandits,” Polonius in Zeffirelli’s “Hamlet” alongside Mel Gibson, Captain Fluellen in Kenneth Branagh’s “Henry V,” as well as turns in “Dreamchild,” “Brazil,” “Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes,” “Wetherby,” “Dance With a Stranger” and Woody Allen’s “Another Woman.”

During the ’90s he had meaty starring roles in Steven Soderbergh’s “Kafka” and David Cronenberg’s “Naked Lunch” as well as in Nicholas Hytner’s “The Madness of King George,” Branagh’s “Frankenstein” and “The Fifth Element.”

Holm turned in several outstanding performances in top independent movies including Stanley Tucci’s “Big Night” and “Joe Gould’s Secret” and, especially, in Atom Egoyan’s “The Sweet Hereafter,” where his performance as the pained lawyer futilely seeking redress in the wake of a Canadian town’s tragedy was “bottomless with its subtlety,” Roger Ebert said.

He worked for Cronenberg again but was wasted in “eXistenZ.”

Ian Holm, right, in a scene from the 1979 film, "Alien," with Yaphet Kotto and Sigourney Weaver.
Ian Holm, right, in a scene from the 1979 film, "Alien," with Yaphet Kotto and Sigourney Weaver. (Robert Penn / 20th Century Fox)

The actor, who cut his teeth in the theater, still did stagework occasionally. Holm starred as Astrov in “Uncle Vanya” in 1979 and as King Lear in 1997. The latter brought him an Olivier award as best actor, and he repeated both performances on television, winning an Emmy for “Lear” in 1999. In 1993, he starred in a production of Pinter’s “Moonlight” onstage with wife Penelope Wilton.

He returned to the role of Napoleon in 2001 film “The Emperor’s Clothes.” (He had first played Bonaparte in the 1972 TV series “Napoleon and Me,” then comically in “Time Bandits.”) In a generally negative review of the film, the New York Times said, “In a sly, deadpan performance, Mr. Holm does his best to realize the movie’s gentle comic vision.”

In his 70s Holm continued to show up in high-profile films — none more high profile than the “Lord of the Rings” movies, in which he played Bilbo Baggins. He was a sadistic doctor in the Hughes brothers’ “From Hell,” with Johnny Depp, and played meteorologists in Roland Emmerich’s disaster epic “The Day After Tomorrow” and Martin Scorsese’s “The Aviator.”

But he was also one of the starring voices in the stylish animated film noir sci-fier “Renaissance” and the delightful animated feature “Ratatouille.” Holm made some other interesting choices in the 2000s, appearing in the indie comedy “Strangers With Candy”; as an outrageous psychoanalyst in “The Treatment”; and as David Ben Gurion, the first president of Israel, in Elie Chouraqui’s “O Jerusalem.”

He returned to the role of Bilbo Baggins for two “Hobbit” films, “An Unexpected Journey” and “The Battle of the Five Armies.”

Ian Holm Cuthbert was born in Goodmayes, England, and entered the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 1950, leaving in 1953 to do his military service. The following year he joined the Royal Shakespeare Company at Stratford-on-Avon and made his debut as a spear carrier in Othello. Holm made his West End debut in 1956′s “Love Affair” and toured Europe with Laurence Olivier in “Titus Andronicus,” rejoining the RSC in 1957 and breaking out in 1959 with his celebrated Puck in “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” and as the Fool in “King Lear.” He remained with the RSC until 1967, appearing in starring roles in “The Tempest” (as Ariel), “Richard III,” “Henry V” and “Henry IV, Part 1” and “Part 2.”

In 1965 he appeared to great acclaim as Lenny in the original production of Pinter’s “The Homecoming”; he won a Tony when he repeated the role on Broadway in 1967 and played the role again in Pinter’s 1973 bigscreen adaptation.

In 1968 he made his film debut in “The Bofors Gun,” a British film that brought him a BAFTA Award for supporting actor. Thereafter, he appeared more regularly in movies and on television than onstage.

Over the next few years he had supporting roles in “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” “The Fixer,” “Oh! What a Lovely War,” “Nicholas and Alexandra” and as King John in “Robin and Marian.” Other assignments included “Young Winston,” “Juggernaut,” “Shout at the Devil” and, for television, “Les Miserables,” “The Man in the Iron Mask,” “All Quiet on the Western Front” and “Jesus of Nazareth.” For the American miniseries “Holocaust” and “Inside the Third Reich,” he played Heinrich Himmler and Joseph Goebbels, respectively.

He won a second Emmy in 2001 for his roguish work opposite Judi Dench in HBO telepic “The Last of the Blonde Bombshells.” With wife Wilton he appeared in “The Borrowers” and “The Return of the Borrowers” for Brit TV, and he was one of an all-star cast of voices that contributed to the live-action version of “Animal Farm” that aired on TNT in the U.S.

Holm also did a considerable amount of voiceover and narration work. He narrated the documentaries “Stalin,” “Elizabeth R: A Year in the Life of the Queen” and “Hiroshima: The Decision to Drop the Bomb”; “The Seas of Zanzibar” and “Skin Deep,” both for the Discovery Channel; and “Holocaust on Trial” for PBS.

Edited by GachiMuchi

Guest Bilbo
20 hours ago, GachiMuchi said:

Ian Holm, Shakespearean actor in ‘Lord of the Rings,' ‘Alien,‘ ‘Chariots of Fire,' dies at 88

By CARMEL DAGAN, VARIETY
TRIBUNE CONTENT AGENCY |
JUN 19, 2020 | 7:26 AM

Actor Ian Holm was known for films like "Lord of the Rings," "The Fifth Element," "Alien" and "Henry V." He was nominated for an Oscar for 1981's "Chariots of Fire."
Actor Ian Holm was known for films like "Lord of the Rings," "The Fifth Element," "Alien" and "Henry V." He was nominated for an Oscar for 1981's "Chariots of Fire." (Clarence Williams / Los Angeles Times)

Ian Holm, the classically trained Shakespearean actor best known to film audiences for his performances in films including the “Lord of the Rings” and “Hobbit” movies, “Chariots of Fire” and “Alien,” has died. He was 88.

His agent confirmed the death to the Guardian newspaper in England: “It is with great sadness that the actor Sir Ian Holm CBE passed away this morning at the age of 88. He died peacefully in hospital, with his family and carer,” adding that his illness was Parkinson’s related. “Charming, kind and ferociously talented, we will miss him hugely.”

Holm, who was celebrated for interpretations of most of the Shakespeare canon, including a towering “King Lear,” also excelled onstage in the original production of Harold Pinter’s “The Homecoming,” which he also brought to Broadway. He began working in films only midway through his career, debuting with an adaptation of his stage performance in “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” in 1968.

In later years, however, he worked increasingly in movies and more selectively onstage, appearing in high-profile films such as “Alien,” “The Fifth Element,” “Lord of the Rings” pics “The Fellowship of the Ring” and “The Return of the King” and “Hobbit” movies “An Unexpected Journey” and “The Battle of the Five Armies.”

But his finest work was contained in independently made productions like Oscar best picture “Chariots of Fire,” which brought him a nomination as best supporting actor in 1982; “The Madness of King George”; “Joe Gould’s Secret”; “Big Night”; and “The Sweet Hereafter.”

He also worked regularly on British television series such as “The Borrowers,” “Bells,” “Mr. and Mrs. Edgehill,” “We the Accused” and “Game Set and Match.”

Ian Holm as Bilbo Baggins admires the ring he found -- as related in J.R.R. Tolkien's book, "The Hobbit" -- in a scene from the movie "The Fellowship of the Ring."
Ian Holm as Bilbo Baggins admires the ring he found -- as related in J.R.R. Tolkien's book, "The Hobbit" -- in a scene from the movie "The Fellowship of the Ring." (New Line Productions Inc.)

Holm was remarkably versatile and, despite his short stature, rarely limited in his selection of roles. He was very much an actor’s actor, too chameleon-like to have a strong star impact. In 1998, he received his knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II for his contribution to drama.

Holm had been working as an actor for decades when he first achieved mainstream notice for his work as an android in 1979′s “Alien” and as the Olympic trainer Sam Mussabini in 1981′s “Chariots of Fire.”

Over the next decade the roles became larger and more distinctive, including Napoleon in “Time Bandits,” Polonius in Zeffirelli’s “Hamlet” alongside Mel Gibson, Captain Fluellen in Kenneth Branagh’s “Henry V,” as well as turns in “Dreamchild,” “Brazil,” “Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes,” “Wetherby,” “Dance With a Stranger” and Woody Allen’s “Another Woman.”

During the ’90s he had meaty starring roles in Steven Soderbergh’s “Kafka” and David Cronenberg’s “Naked Lunch” as well as in Nicholas Hytner’s “The Madness of King George,” Branagh’s “Frankenstein” and “The Fifth Element.”

Holm turned in several outstanding performances in top independent movies including Stanley Tucci’s “Big Night” and “Joe Gould’s Secret” and, especially, in Atom Egoyan’s “The Sweet Hereafter,” where his performance as the pained lawyer futilely seeking redress in the wake of a Canadian town’s tragedy was “bottomless with its subtlety,” Roger Ebert said.

He worked for Cronenberg again but was wasted in “eXistenZ.”

Ian Holm, right, in a scene from the 1979 film, "Alien," with Yaphet Kotto and Sigourney Weaver.
Ian Holm, right, in a scene from the 1979 film, "Alien," with Yaphet Kotto and Sigourney Weaver. (Robert Penn / 20th Century Fox)

The actor, who cut his teeth in the theater, still did stagework occasionally. Holm starred as Astrov in “Uncle Vanya” in 1979 and as King Lear in 1997. The latter brought him an Olivier award as best actor, and he repeated both performances on television, winning an Emmy for “Lear” in 1999. In 1993, he starred in a production of Pinter’s “Moonlight” onstage with wife Penelope Wilton.

He returned to the role of Napoleon in 2001 film “The Emperor’s Clothes.” (He had first played Bonaparte in the 1972 TV series “Napoleon and Me,” then comically in “Time Bandits.”) In a generally negative review of the film, the New York Times said, “In a sly, deadpan performance, Mr. Holm does his best to realize the movie’s gentle comic vision.”

In his 70s Holm continued to show up in high-profile films — none more high profile than the “Lord of the Rings” movies, in which he played Bilbo Baggins. He was a sadistic doctor in the Hughes brothers’ “From Hell,” with Johnny Depp, and played meteorologists in Roland Emmerich’s disaster epic “The Day After Tomorrow” and Martin Scorsese’s “The Aviator.”

But he was also one of the starring voices in the stylish animated film noir sci-fier “Renaissance” and the delightful animated feature “Ratatouille.” Holm made some other interesting choices in the 2000s, appearing in the indie comedy “Strangers With Candy”; as an outrageous psychoanalyst in “The Treatment”; and as David Ben Gurion, the first president of Israel, in Elie Chouraqui’s “O Jerusalem.”

He returned to the role of Bilbo Baggins for two “Hobbit” films, “An Unexpected Journey” and “The Battle of the Five Armies.”

Ian Holm Cuthbert was born in Goodmayes, England, and entered the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 1950, leaving in 1953 to do his military service. The following year he joined the Royal Shakespeare Company at Stratford-on-Avon and made his debut as a spear carrier in Othello. Holm made his West End debut in 1956′s “Love Affair” and toured Europe with Laurence Olivier in “Titus Andronicus,” rejoining the RSC in 1957 and breaking out in 1959 with his celebrated Puck in “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” and as the Fool in “King Lear.” He remained with the RSC until 1967, appearing in starring roles in “The Tempest” (as Ariel), “Richard III,” “Henry V” and “Henry IV, Part 1” and “Part 2.”

In 1965 he appeared to great acclaim as Lenny in the original production of Pinter’s “The Homecoming”; he won a Tony when he repeated the role on Broadway in 1967 and played the role again in Pinter’s 1973 bigscreen adaptation.

In 1968 he made his film debut in “The Bofors Gun,” a British film that brought him a BAFTA Award for supporting actor. Thereafter, he appeared more regularly in movies and on television than onstage.

Over the next few years he had supporting roles in “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” “The Fixer,” “Oh! What a Lovely War,” “Nicholas and Alexandra” and as King John in “Robin and Marian.” Other assignments included “Young Winston,” “Juggernaut,” “Shout at the Devil” and, for television, “Les Miserables,” “The Man in the Iron Mask,” “All Quiet on the Western Front” and “Jesus of Nazareth.” For the American miniseries “Holocaust” and “Inside the Third Reich,” he played Heinrich Himmler and Joseph Goebbels, respectively.

He won a second Emmy in 2001 for his roguish work opposite Judi Dench in HBO telepic “The Last of the Blonde Bombshells.” With wife Wilton he appeared in “The Borrowers” and “The Return of the Borrowers” for Brit TV, and he was one of an all-star cast of voices that contributed to the live-action version of “Animal Farm” that aired on TNT in the U.S.

Holm also did a considerable amount of voiceover and narration work. He narrated the documentaries “Stalin,” “Elizabeth R: A Year in the Life of the Queen” and “Hiroshima: The Decision to Drop the Bomb”; “The Seas of Zanzibar” and “Skin Deep,” both for the Discovery Channel; and “Holocaust on Trial” for PBS.

RIP. 

So the One Ring has lose its effect.

Director Joel Schumacher has died at the age of 80.

The film-maker, whose hits included Batman Forever, St Elmo’s Fire and The Lost Boys, died of cancer.

Guest Hazily Instructor
14 hours ago, Guest RIP said:

Director Joel Schumacher has died at the age of 80.

The film-maker, whose hits included Batman Forever, St Elmo’s Fire and The Lost Boys, died of cancer.

Oh that man. A hunk on his early days. I recall I was fantasizing on him.

On 12/25/2019 at 1:47 AM, Guest Guest said:

No offence but is she a celebrity? This page is about famous people who passed.

"Celebrity" is not a yes / no  qualification.

Her passing away at the young age of 28 was an important event that raises our awareness to the dangers of depression and related domestic violence. 

Hopefully we learn to recognize such situations and we are able to intervene and save the life of a troubled person, victim of herself or himself.

12 hours ago, Guest Hazily Instructor said:

Oh that man. A hunk on his early days. I recall I was fantasizing on him.

Youth is beautiful. 

Appearance wise.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 2 weeks later...

News today that Ennio Morricone has passed away at the age of 91. He wrote some of the most haunting music heard in the cinema. He first came to fame writing the music for what were called Spaghetti Westerns - Wild West themed movies that were mostly filmed in Rome and directed by Italians. His most recognisable theme is surely Gabriel's Oboe from the 1986 Palme d'Or winning movie "The Mission", a tale of the conquest of part of South America by the Spanish conquistadores and Jesuit missionaries brilliantly directed by Roland Joffe who had also directed "The Killing Fields".

Edited by InBangkok

Man... another legend has gone among the stars.

Wonderfully done by YoYo-Ma. YouTube audio does not do justice.. going to listen to E.M. soundtracks on my home audio system

Edited by upshot

Right up to especially the 90s, there's a world of music called SOUNDTRACKS, music to the movies.

Most of the good ones were instrumental. With no lyrics to distract, soundtracks make ur emotions soar. Briiliant pieces like Pink Panther (Mancini), Jaws (Williams), OOAfrica (Barry) encapsulate the magic of cinema. They were artworks.

Brokeback Mountain's soundtrack captures the loneliness of Ennis from the first guitar chords (Its music so good that its 30 min wins it Oscar.) LOTRings captures hearbreak of breaking of fellowship with boys' choir. Psycho's screeching violin for shower scene voted in UK as scariest movie theme.

Ennio Morricone belongs to that generation of film music composers. They showcase the brilliance of human race.

8 hours ago, auscent said:

Right up to especially the 90s, there's a world of music called SOUNDTRACKS, music to the movies.

Most of the good ones were instrumental. With no lyrics to distract, soundtracks make ur emotions soar. Briiliant pieces like Pink Panther (Mancini), Jaws (Williams), OOAfrica (Barry) encapsulate the magic of cinema. They were artworks.

Brokeback Mountain's soundtrack captures the loneliness of Ennis from the first guitar chords (Its music so good that its 30 min wins it Oscar.) LOTRings captures hearbreak of breaking of fellowship with boys' choir. Psycho's screeching violin for shower scene voted in UK as scariest movie theme.

Ennio Morricone belongs to that generation of film music composers. They showcase the brilliance of human race.

90s? hehe I have not stop collecting them still from all the movies apart from other quality recordings... They make good reason why I spend so much on audiophile gear heheh..

15 hours ago, InBangkok said:

News today that Ennio Morricone has passed away at the age of 91. He wrote some of the most haunting music heard in the cinema. He first came to fame writing the music for what were called Spaghetti Westerns - Wild West themed movies that were mostly filmed in Rome and directed by Italians. His most recognisable theme is surely Gabriel's Oboe from the 1986 Palme d'Or winning movie "The Mission", a tale of the conquest of part of South America by the Spanish conquistadores and Jesuit missionaries brilliantly directed by Roland Joffe who had also directed "The Killing Fields".

I hadn't heard of this movie The Mission before.   Morricone's music is very nice and deserved the honors it received.

I started watching this movie on Youtube.  The most I got out of it is some impressive views of the Iguazu waterfalls.  These waterfalls on the border between Argentina and Brazil are the most spectacular in the world.   Next time I travel to my country I will visit them again.

I only watched the movie partially here and there.  I feel repulsion by the crimes committed by the Church and the European invaders against the native Indians.  The Guarani were and still are a deserving folk,  now mostly living in Paraguay, Argentina and some in Brazil where they are abused by the land owners, the same filth that is burning down the Amazon jungle. These Indians are cultivated, have a decent language that was once the language of Paraguay.  I hope that social advances will protect this folk and offer them a comeback.  

In my opinion, Christianity is not worth destroying entire ethnic groups, and further down Argentina towards Tierra Del Fuego whole communities of Indians were slaughtered to make room for the invaders.  But this happened a long time ago.  Today, Argentinians are a friendly, welcoming folk.  :) 

Edited by Steve5380

I agree wholeheartedly about the awful damage done by Christianity as it followed in the wake of the colonial European powers. Let's never forget that a mere 168 Spanish conquistadores resulted in  the entire inca Empire of more than 10 million souls being wiped out - all because the agreement between Pizzaro and the Inca Emperor, Atahualpa, was broken by the priest who accompanied the Spanish. I wonder if anyone saw Peter Schaffer's play (written before his hugely popular "Amadeus") dealing with the interaction between Pizarro and Atahualpa, "The Royal Hunt of the Sun". I was exceedingly fortunate as a child to see it during its first run of performances with a stunning cast that included Robert Stevens as Atahualpa (for a time the husband of Dame Maggie Smith), Sir Anthony Hopkins, Sir Derek Jacobi and Sir Michael Gambon (although their knighthoods all came considerably later!)

"The Mission" is a marvellous movie, as much for superb videography, acting, script as Morricone's music. Interestingly, his score for "The Mission"  was later voted as the greatest film score of all time by a panel of fellow composers. But many of Morricone's other scores are equally memorable.

Edited by InBangkok

20 hours ago, upshot said:

Wonderfully done by YoYo-Ma. YouTube audio does not do justice.. going to listen to E.M. soundtracks on my home audio system

He plays almost everything wonderfully. I just feel the cello sound does not create the same beautiful blend as the more penetrating oboe with the background orchestra. Just a personal choice and maybe influenced by the fact that I loved the movie so much.

6 hours ago, InBangkok said:

He plays almost everything wonderfully. I just feel the cello sound does not create the same beautiful blend as the more penetrating oboe with the background orchestra. Just a personal choice and maybe influenced by the fact that I loved the movie so much.

Nah I know what you mean.. but sometimes hearing the same repertoire or arrangement seem somewhat 'cliché', so I like to mix it up and hear other versions as interpreted by another artiste.  Many times, it brings new depth or life to a score or reaffirms that the original is still unsurpassed. At times the tiniest of changes, style or choice instrumentation catches my attention and it's sends me over the moon.

Edited by upshot

On 7/6/2020 at 9:51 PM, InBangkok said:

"The Mission" is a marvellous movie, as much for superb videography, acting, script as Morricone's music. Interestingly, his score for "The Mission"  was later voted as the greatest film score of all time by a panel of fellow composers. But many of Morricone's other scores are equally memorable.

In my estimation, Richard Wagner laid down the groundwork for Morricone's film scores. Without the German composer,  our music today may be missing in some ways or others.

MythBusters and White Rabbit Project host Grant Imahara dies at 49
14 JUL 2020

Imahara joined the popular Discovery show in 2005 and remained until 2014, co-hosting more than 200 episodes.

grant-imahara.jpg

(Photo: Instagram/grantimahara)

MythBusters co-host Grant Imahara has died, according to multiple media reports. He was 49 years old.

He was part of the Build Team with Kari Byron and Tory Belleci on the popular science show hosted by Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman. 

A representative for Discovery released this statement on Monday (Jul 13): "We are heartbroken to hear this sad news about Grant. He was an important part of our Discovery family and a really wonderful man. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.”

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Imahara died suddenly following a brain aneurysm.

Imahara joined the show in the third season in 2005 and remained until 2014, co-hosting more than 200 episodes.

Two years later, in 2016, he reunited with Byron and Belleci on Netflix’s White Rabbit Project, which ran for one season.

Savage tweeted on Monday evening about Imahara’s death: "I’m at a loss. No words." He called Imahara "a truly brilliant engineer, artist and performer, but also just such a generous, easygoing, and gentle PERSON."

Imahara was an electrical engineer and roboticist by training. He spent nine years at Lucasfilm’s THX, including some time at Industrial Light and Magic where he worked on several blockbusters including the Star Wars prequels, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions, Galaxy Quest, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, AI Artificial Intelligence and Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines.

Popular Japanese actor Haruma Miura, 30, dies in suspected suicide

Popular Japanese actor Haruma Miura was found to have hung himself in a closet in his condominium in Tokyo.

Popular Japanese actor Haruma Miura was found to have hung himself in a closet in his condominium in Tokyo.PHOTO: HARUMA_MIURA_INFO/INSTAGRAM

PUBLISHED
1 HOUR AGO
UPDATED
38 MIN AGO
Japan Correspondent

TOKYO - Popular Japanese actor Haruma Miura died on Saturday (July 18) at age 30 in a suspected suicide, sending shockwaves through the country's entertainment scene.

Miura, who made his stage debut at the age of four and television debut at seven, was found hanging in a closet in his condominium in Tokyo.

He appeared in numerous movies, including the manga-adapted Attack On Titan (2015), and stars in the upcoming Japanese film Confidence Man JP, which is partially set in Singapore and to be released domestically next week.

Miura's management agency Amuse said: "To fans and all concerned, we apologise for the inconvenience caused, but we are still confirming the details of his death and will share more information when available."

Miura's manager had gone to his home after he failed to answer calls or turn up for a shoot.

The actor has appeared in television, movie and stage productions and recently made his debut as a singer.

He has won Best New Actor and Best Supporting Actor awards by the Japan Academy Prize, Japan's equivalent of the Oscars.

Miura's case comes after the high -profile suicide of Japanese professional wrestler Hana Kimura, 22, who starred in the Netflix and Fuji Television reality series Terrace House.

She took her own life, after struggling with a wave of online harassment. Her mother has filed a complaint with a television watchdog, alleging that producers had deliberately edited the show to present her daughter as a violent woman.

2 minutes ago, Guest Sad said:

Popular Japanese actor Haruma Miura, 30, dies in suspected suicide

Popular Japanese actor Haruma Miura was found to have hung himself in a closet in his condominium in Tokyo.

Popular Japanese actor Haruma Miura was found to have hung himself in a closet in his condominium in Tokyo.PHOTO: HARUMA_MIURA_INFO/INSTAGRAM

PUBLISHED
1 HOUR AGO
UPDATED
38 MIN AGO
Japan Correspondent

TOKYO - Popular Japanese actor Haruma Miura died on Saturday (July 18) at age 30 in a suspected suicide, sending shockwaves through the country's entertainment scene.

Miura, who made his stage debut at the age of four and television debut at seven, was found hanging in a closet in his condominium in Tokyo.

He appeared in numerous movies, including the manga-adapted Attack On Titan (2015), and stars in the upcoming Japanese film Confidence Man JP, which is partially set in Singapore and to be released domestically next week.

Miura's management agency Amuse said: "To fans and all concerned, we apologise for the inconvenience caused, but we are still confirming the details of his death and will share more information when available."

Miura's manager had gone to his home after he failed to answer calls or turn up for a shoot.

The actor has appeared in television, movie and stage productions and recently made his debut as a singer.

He has won Best New Actor and Best Supporting Actor awards by the Japan Academy Prize, Japan's equivalent of the Oscars.

Miura's case comes after the high -profile suicide of Japanese professional wrestler Hana Kimura, 22, who starred in the Netflix and Fuji Television reality series Terrace House.

She took her own life, after struggling with a wave of online harassment. Her mother has filed a complaint with a television watchdog, alleging that producers had deliberately edited the show to present her daughter as a violent woman.

Below are some of his movies :

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/zentertainment/celebs/story20200731-1073490

当年常上电台节目介绍老歌 本地专栏作家姚忠在病逝

image.jpeg.4135b1a13dc00685b6c4a06ac6bc7af8.jpeg

image.jpeg.51ca5d32d046be52acb6b19e0455369f.jpeg

本地专栏作家姚忠在病逝,享年69岁。(档案照)

本地专栏作家姚忠在病逝,享年69岁。

姚忠在多年来与病魔搏斗,上个周末病情恶化昏迷入院,今天(7月31日)凌晨在医院逝世。单身的姚忠在,晚年与妹妹姚霞明(68岁)相依为命。姚霞明受访时说,哥哥6月上旬在家昏倒,之后身子一直很虚弱,食不下咽,上周末送院,情况不是很好,一些老同学来探望,才偶尔张开眼睛。

姚忠在治丧处设于新加坡殡仪馆四楼Emerald厅,明天(8月1日)下午2时出殡。

曾为《联合晚报》写专栏‘红尘乐’

姚忠在曾是《联合晚报》专栏作者,为晚报写专栏“红尘乐”写了400多期,分享自己的成长故事、喜欢的音乐和电影、生活感悟,及抗病过程。

电台96.3好FM DJ安娜对于姚忠在的去世感惋惜,她说,30多年前认识姚忠在,当时的“心电台”找了吴伟才、姚忠在、梁志强等人做节目:“姚忠在曾上我的节目,是我的嘉宾。”安娜说姚忠在很喜欢老歌,尤其是葛兰演唱的歌曲:“他常在节目中介绍他喜欢的老歌。”

安娜说在那个年代,姚忠在的衣着打扮很有品味:“就好像粤语电影里的谢贤,很有风采。”她说他的品味也表现在他所做的事上,不会轻易上节目:“也只做自己喜欢的事。”

安娜印象中的姚忠在也是个不吝啬鼓励他人的人:“尤其是对一些比他年轻的人,他会鼓励他们。”

20200731_showbiz-yao-02_Medium.jpg 姚忠在与李丽华合照。(档案照)

为人善良、低调 很喜欢已故女星李丽华

本地资深娱乐记者管雪梅今早受访说,刚入行当记者时就认识姚忠在。管雪梅知道姚忠在很喜欢已故女星李丽华,有很多李丽华的收藏,她也记得有一次李丽华来新,她跟姚忠在及李丽华一起在胡姬酒店的龙门中餐馆用餐。

管雪梅说:“我有八、九年没见到他,后来听说他生病,我有传简讯问候,他说没事,只要多注意。但我上星期听说他情况危急,今早就看到他病逝的消息。”管雪梅印象中的姚忠在,“善良、低调、不争名利”。

20200731_showbiz-yao-03_Medium.jpg 左图:姚忠在与凌波合照。右图:姚忠在与赵文瑄(右)合照。(档案照)

生前是电影与音乐发烧友

姚忠在1951年出生,从小患有遗传性血友病。

1987年,资深报人杜南发邀请姚忠在写专栏,开启了他的写作之旅,曾用笔名马上香、马尚香。

姚忠在是电影与音乐发烧友,与不少明星熟络,拥有不少与他们合照。他的专栏书写明星故事、影坛掌故,大受欢迎。

毕业自南洋大学,姚忠在1975年涉足航空业,2003年离开航空业后,曾在广告公司负责中文文案和掌管出版社中文部,最后在陈振传基金任职,2009年退休。

退休后,姚忠在仍笔耕不辍,继续在《联合早报》副刊书写专栏《红尘好》。姚忠在出版作品有《妖孽柳梦兰》《牡丹风流》,以及2017年专栏写作30年时推出的《红尘好,活着更好》。

姚忠在多年来与病魔搏斗,1991年他被诊断患上第二期鼻癌,1993年因电疗右耳失聪,2003年被验出血液中隐藏C型肝炎,2015年相继患上糖尿病和心脏病,2016年患上脑退化。

Edited by gsky

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Try and see
22 hours ago, Square said:

Rip black panther

I've always found him hot as Black Panther, and cute in real life.

bb8d2a26a1ff9d2c23167fff1e49ece4d5ee104c

96b8fef659a408564082a3651dc4ce7c32-28-Ch

Also, I like how they didn't try to flatten his crotch area in Black Panther, unlike with the DC characters.

KFY6EB-copy-696x522.jpg

Rest in peace, Chadwick Boseman.

23 hours ago, Square said:

Rip black panther

according to the various articles, he was diagnosed 4 years back at 39 already with stage 3 colon cancer. and colon cancer started with a tiny polyp and would takes 7-8 yrs to reach stage 3... meaning he has gotten it at around 31 or 32! thats way way way too young for anyone, esp someone so talented!

colon cancer often has no symptoms till very late stages... very scary!

Guest Harley
23 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

I've always found him hot as Black Panther, and cute in real life.

bb8d2a26a1ff9d2c23167fff1e49ece4d5ee104c

96b8fef659a408564082a3651dc4ce7c32-28-Ch

Also, I like how they didn't try to flatten his crotch area in Black Panther, unlike with the DC characters.

KFY6EB-copy-696x522.jpg

Rest in peace, Chadwick Boseman.

RIP

Guest Meanly Preacher

Still in shock over Chadwick Boseman passing away so suddenly and so young. I am really amazed that he appeared in almost 10 movies following his diagnosis, as if he basically pushed to live life to the fullest and not leave with any regrets, just in case his fight to overcome the disease was unsuccessful. His work inspired so many fans around the world. Rest in peace.

On 9/2/2020 at 2:00 AM, Guest Meanly Preacher said:

Still in shock over Chadwick Boseman passing away so suddenly and so young. I am really amazed that he appeared in almost 10 movies following his diagnosis, as if he basically pushed to live life to the fullest and not leave with any regrets, just in case his fight to overcome the disease was unsuccessful. His work inspired so many fans around the world. Rest in peace.

Pushed life to the fullest? Live it to the fullest and not leave without regrets in case his "fight" to overcome the disease was unsuccessful? And that is by spending hours and hours filming movies and earning money?? 

If a person's idea of living life to the fullest and  living it without regrets, is to take up the filming of Black Panther and the Avengers movies, then I think he has lost the bigger plot in his life. I knew of another person who knew of his own impending death a few years before he really passed away because of cancer too. And his idea of spending his last remaining years on Earth was to do it with his family and friends. He also did his best to extend his remaining time with them as much as he can by changing his diet and resting well and exercising a bit more, instead of working his life away like the way the actor did. By the time this person passed away, he bested the doctors' mortality time by 3 extra more years, of which he spent mostly with his family. 

Regardless I like the movies or not, I now see the Black Panther in a completely different light now: he is just a man out for fame and glory. 

If you know that you are going to die, where will you want to be: with your family or with your colleagues? 

Guest Meanly Preacher
18 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Pushed life to the fullest? Live it to the fullest and not leave without regrets in case his "fight" to overcome the disease was unsuccessful? And that is by spending hours and hours filming movies and earning money?? If a person's idea of living life to the fullest and  living it without regrets, is to take up the filming of Black Panther and the Avengers movies, then I think he has lost the bigger plot in his life. I knew of another person who knew of his own impending death a few years before he really passed away because of cancer too. And his idea of spending his last remaining years on Earth was to do it with his family and friends. He also did his best to extend his remaining time with them as much as he can by changing his diet and resting well and exercising a bit more, instead of working his life away like the way the actor did. By the time this person passed away, he bested the doctors' mortality time by 3 extra more years, of which he spent mostly with his family. Regardless I like the movies or not, I now see the Black Panther in a completely different light now: he is just a man out for fame and glory. If you know that you are going to die, where will you want to be: with your family or with your colleagues? 

Posts like this should not even be allowed on Blowing Wind. You are probably merely trying to start an argument or flame war, but I will respond one time anyway, and @G_M or one of the other moderators can decide whether your tangent is appropriate for this thread.

Nobody knows how much time Chadwick Boseman spent with his family after his diagnosis, but it was probably every moment that he wasn't working, considering that he has young children. I am also sure that he wanted to work as much as he could, to make as much money as he could, to avoid leaving his family poor and destitute in case he died in the end. Seems quite honorable to me. As a Hollywood star, he also had access to some of America's best nutritionists, and probably did change his diet. In the end, he died from a form of cancer that kills almost everyone if it's not caught very early, and those are the unfortunate odds.

I am sure his family would rather he had lived, but at least he made enough money to sustain them, and for MCU fans, "Black Panther" in particular is a film that inspired millions of people around the world, and that is quite a nice legacy for any celebrity to leave behind.

King of Dubbing, Tam Ping Man dies

c19074dc503dd186e7faa72147d599cb

7 Sep – Hong Kong veteran actor Tam Ping Man has recently passed away.

As reported on Mingpao, the actor known to many as the "King of Dubbing" died on 5 September, after being rushed to the hospital for breathing difficulties the night before.

It was revealed that Tam had been diagnosed with late stage lung cancer.

His daughter Tam Suk Ying revealed that Tam was hoping to return to his dubbing gigs after the pandemic, after turning down two related projects earlier.

Tam stated that her father found out that he had cancer in June, but that it was too late and the cancerous cells had rapidly spread by July.

"He was mentally prepared and even arranged all his funeral matters. But we all thought he could last for another year or two," she said, adding that Tam even renewed his contract with TVB prior to his death.

Tam started his career doing voice-overs in the '50s, but became well-known as an actor after filming 1974's "The Country Bumpkin". The actor was also awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by TVB in 2014 for his work as an onscreen actor and voiceover artiste.

Tam is survived by his wife, a daughter and a son.

He was 86.

(Photo Source: Mingpao)

(Article source: Yahoo Newsroom)

• 2 weeks later...

Taiwanese celeb Alien Huang aka Xiao Gui's possibly suffered sudden death at home: preliminary investigations

Preliminary investigations showed no signs of struggles or forced entry.

Zhangxin Zheng

[Editors note on Sep. 16, 6:30pm: This article has been updated to reflect more accurately the suspected cause of Huang's death.]

Taiwanese celebrity Alien Huang, also known as Xiao Gui, has died at the age of 36.

Huang's death was discovered by his father who visited him at his apartment in Beitou district, Taipei on Sep. 16 late morning, according to ETtoday.

Collapsed in the bathroom

Huang's father felt something was amiss when no one answered the door.

He later found Huang lying on the floor outside the bathroom and alerted the police.

Huang appeared to be getting ready for a bath when the incident happened.

Huang possibly fell and hit his head on the floor, according to preliminary investigations.

There was blood in his mouth and nose when the body was found.

A few overseas media outlets reported that Huang suffered a heart attack as well, although it was not clear if it was caused by the fall, or the other way round.

Police also saw that the television and air conditioner were on and the water was released into the bathtub.

Preliminary investigations also found there was no liquor or drugs at Huang's residence.

There was no signs of struggles or forced entry too.

ETtoday also reported that Huang was having a meal the night before with his family.

Huang had many friends in the showbiz and is known to be a filial son.

After he reached 30 years old, Huang gave all his income to his father and only kept NT50,000 (S$2,300) every month for himself as "salary", Mirror Media reported.

In 2019, Huang was found to have high cholesterol during a medical check up.

He had been trying to reduce sugar intake and exercise more often since then so as to keep fit.

alien-huang-dies.jpg

Taiwanese celeb Alien Huang aka Xiao Gui dies at 36 

RIP.

Article from Mothership

Edited by shyc
More comprehensive Article

On 9/16/2020 at 7:28 PM, shyc said:

Taiwanese celeb Alien Huang aka Xiao Gui's possibly suffered sudden death at home: preliminary investigations

Preliminary investigations showed no signs of struggles or forced entry.

Zhangxin Zheng

[Editors note on Sep. 16, 6:30pm: This article has been updated to reflect more accurately the suspected cause of Huang's death.]

Taiwanese celebrity Alien Huang, also known as Xiao Gui, has died at the age of 36.

Huang's death was discovered by his father who visited him at his apartment in Beitou district, Taipei on Sep. 16 late morning, according to ETtoday.

Collapsed in the bathroom

Huang's father felt something was amiss when no one answered the door.

He later found Huang lying on the floor outside the bathroom and alerted the police.

Huang appeared to be getting ready for a bath when the incident happened.

Huang possibly fell and hit his head on the floor, according to preliminary investigations.

There was blood in his mouth and nose when the body was found.

A few overseas media outlets reported that Huang suffered a heart attack as well, although it was not clear if it was caused by the fall, or the other way round.

Police also saw that the television and air conditioner were on and the water was released into the bathtub.

Preliminary investigations also found there was no liquor or drugs at Huang's residence.

There was no signs of struggles or forced entry too.

ETtoday also reported that Huang was having a meal the night before with his family.

Huang had many friends in the showbiz and is known to be a filial son.

After he reached 30 years old, Huang gave all his income to his father and only kept NT50,000 (S$2,300) every month for himself as "salary", Mirror Media reported.

In 2019, Huang was found to have high cholesterol during a medical check up.

He had been trying to reduce sugar intake and exercise more often since then so as to keep fit.

alien-huang-dies.jpg

Taiwanese celeb Alien Huang aka Xiao Gui dies at 36 

RIP.

Article from Mothership

This is sad and sudden. RIP.

For 黄鸿升 (Alien Huang), from his friends in the showbiz...
RIP

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

• G_M changed the title to Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.