Male HQ

All about Covid-19 Discussion in Singapore (compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
46 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

wow really leh,  how to get so updated new hah or is this consider a leak of info,  even 10pm news also dont have leh. 

Today’s info seemed to be leaked out in Weibo first,  of course those working inside already know but can’t say, can’t guarantee who they secretly tell. Think as early as 5plus got rumours of the figure liao.

Guest Guest
28 minutes ago, jlone said:

This is not an Olympic!

This is a pandemic!

Don't try to out win one another.

A city that always like to boast n be the best or be number 1!

Don't know how are they going to house all these patients as the cases are already overwhelmed.

Pity the healthcare workers!

Changi Exhibition Center is being fitted out to house mild cases.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

Many still cruising in public toilets and stairs

Says who??? You don't bloody hell come here to spread fake news to destroy us. What are you trying to prove?? 

23 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Changi Exhibition Center is being fitted out to house mild cases.

I m afraid with a few hundred cases everyday,  the capacity would soon be max out,  hope they are preparing MBS or Suntec city. And probably have to robe in all the army medics and reservist medics to ease the manpower shortage. 

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

I m afraid with a few hundred cases everyday,  the capacity would soon be max out,  hope they are preparing MBS or Suntec city. And probably have to robe in all the army medics and reservist medics to ease the manpower shortage. 

I am concern for the hospital workers 

When boarding the train. Do you follow the sticker on where to stand? If all sticker fully occupied, do we wait for another train?

This morning abit lost cause today first time no sticker left to stand. But I go to end of the train, still abit far away from the rest. 

Will i get penalty if not standing according to sticker or label?

Guest Guest

14 days SHN at the first few dormitories coming to an end soon ....

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/covid-19-20000-foreign-workers-at-two-dormitories-to-serve-14-day-quarantine

" CLOSE to 20,000 foreign workers are required to serve a 14-day quarantine order on the back of a growing number of Covid-19 infections at two dormitories, according to the multi-ministry task force at a press conference on Sunday. 

The S11 Dormitory @ Punggol and Westlite Toh Guan dormitory have emerged as clusters with an additional 22 and 10 new Covid-19 cases respectively on Sunday. This brings the total number of Covid-19 cases to at least 62 at S-11 and 28 cases at Westlite, as at Sunday evening. 

The two dormitories have been gazetted as "isolation areas", and foreign workers living there will have to stay in their existing rooms for the next 14 days, said Manpower Minister Josephine Teo."

Release of all the dormitory incubated virus into the grocery stores where the foreign workers frequent in ..... 3 .... 2 ..... 1 ....

Ikea Chaos: Opening of First Store in India Causes Stampede ...

1 hour ago, Guest Boleh said:

Come on, Singapore! You're about to beat Malaysia!!  💪

加油!!!

20200417-110451.jpg

(Figures correct as of 17 Apr 2020)

In terms of one infection per million population

Singkieland is still the top right? Number one already

Edited by jlone

Guest Guest
13 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

wow really leh,  how to get so updated new hah or is this consider a leak of info,  even 10pm news also dont have leh. 

Like for example, even got rumours swirling now for today is pass the 1k mark. 🤭 🤐

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, jlone said:

In terms of one infection per million population

Singkieland is still the top right? Number one already

Top number of infection per million population not just in SEA, OK? But top in the whole ASIA

Even our closest second in Asia, Brunei, has less than half of our numbers...

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
Total
Tests
Tests/
1M pop
Singapore 4,427   10   683 3,734 29 757 2 72,680 12,423
Brunei 136   1   108 27 2 311 2 10,826 24,746
World 2,183,581 +2,273 146,855 +1,385 552,735 1,483,991 56,588 280 18.8  

Yes, I am aware, I m known for my predictions and quite accurate guesses.

The cramped housing and general living conditions of the foreign workers in Singapore has been neglected for years. Even after some initiatives following the Little India Riot, the housing situation for these Foreign Workers did not improve much. The world is shocked to see these pictures from Singapore. I am currently receiving many Whatsapp and email and have to respond to those queries from Europeans on the situation here and the housing of workers.

The one lady I read somewhere, is right to say, the government collects all the levies but what do they do with it? Why has nothing been returned back to ensure better housing and facilities for these workers? Why haven't the housing places been increased, why still need to have 15 to 25 worker guys staying in one single small room???

Now, Singapore is punished for the flaws and ignorance happening plenty of years. And the government has closed all eyes, pushed the issues to the Employers.

(The government could have reduced the levies, but imposed for the Employers to invest into better accommodation of the workers for example, but...)

These situations were prone to become the critical issue Singapore has now with increasing numbers of infections in the dormitories.

What I would propose at the moment to the Singapore Government is the following:

We got the lock down for the main population, infection rates are decreasing in these areas. They might be reduced to lower numbers soon. (Even if I predict an extension of the lock down for another 2 weeks).

To stop the spreading in the dormitories and within the Foreign worker communities it won't help to concentrate just on the "new" dorms, where a new infection has been discovered and declare these dorms to "isolation zones". The virus would have travelled already to other carriers in the Foreign Worker community. The interaction is still too much for those Foreign Workers who are still working in "essential" areas and I m sure some carrying the virus outside the other dorms are still walking around and causing new problems in other dorms or Foreign Worker work places. If not probably all Dormitories are going to be isolation zones soon...

You need to impose a (near to) total lock down for these still working Foreign workers asap.

Get a list done to identify the very most "essential" public works and have the army to take over any such works, where Foreign Workers can be easily replaced for 2 weeks.

They can do this in Italy, France or Spain, I m sure many such works can be managed by the army.

You are in a crisis, you need to take fast measures and responsive action.

The other parts for non necessary works can just lay down for 2 weeks. Even cleaning of HDB corridors or office buildings don't need to be done on a daily basis.

I m sure the people would be ready to take some sacrifices.

Emptying chute bins is not a task that cannot be managed by others. Cleaning areas is the same.

Today I still saw Foreign Workers cutting trees. Is this necessary??? These works can be increased after a serious lockdown.

In a country like Germany, France and Spain, they manage to get university students to help farmers (because Eastern European harvesting helpers had been barred to travel to those countries) and pick fruits and vegetable to replace the missing agricultural helpers.

Get the Foreign Workers out of any such replaceable jobs (as much as possible). Their living conditions make the spread of Corona virus too easy to continue on the high amount of infections.

Real isolation and stopping the intermingling of those Foreign Workers is now the word of the day! Take action!

And eventually the focus on catching some people here and there not wearing masks or standing too close somewhere and handing down fines on violators might not be the biggest focus to set at the moment...

You ask us to be creative, do courses to improve our knowledge and know how and push us to upgrade, life long learning! How about you?

Dear Government people get creative!

Edited by singalion
ty

3 hours ago, leo yok loo said:

This actor ( minister) saying :  "this is a new year... thank you our foreign workers...blah blah etc" .

I tot she will say sorry, i as manpower minister, i have failed you.

Why like that...

Like I mentioned earlier,  sorry seems to be the hardest word for them, they didn't realised they are human beings and human beings do make mistakes. Always wayang wayang, deny mistakes  and think very hard to defend their mistakes,  how to solve this crisis? 

5 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Like I mentioned earlier,  sorry seems to be the hardest word for them, they didn't realised they are human beings and human beings do make mistakes. Always wayang wayang, deny mistakes  and think very hard to defend their mistakes,  how to solve this crisis? 

Because they are all pure n white, people of integrity!

That's the reason they wear white. No mistake type!

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

They think they are god themselves. If this is a war, think we are all dead by now. 4G leaders...more like 4G followers.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, jlone said:

Because they are all pure n white, people of integrity!

That's the reason they wear white. No mistake type!

They are 超级白. 

Guest jjlin
1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

This crisis really shows up the lack of good leadership in Sg. Any Tom Dick or Harry can lead during the good times.

Sad.

anecdotally the two groups of most guilty covidiots are the senior citizen and the foreigners.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
42 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

good move dont u think so?

In fact all grab food, panda and kangaroo should stop too!

should support small local biz like market, kopitiams, dont u agree
For those who are essentially going back from home from work, can takeaway from Mcdonalds ' too

Not that anyone wants to target you for bickering, but the things you say just don't make any sense at all. 

You say Mcdonalds stopping their take away is good. Then you suggest people going home from work can takeaway from McDonald's. 

You say support local businesses, but you want to stop grab and kangaroo and panda which are providing the delivery guys a source of income right now.

I really don't know what is eating your brains. And you blame others for not understanding you, and say you got no time to explain any of your guessing games. Seriously, what is wrong with you? 

Guest Agreeable
2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Not that anyone wants to target you for bickering, but the things you say just don't make any sense at all. 

You say Mcdonalds stopping their take away is good. Then you suggest people going home from work can takeaway from McDonald's. 

You say support local businesses, but you want to stop grab and kangaroo and panda which are providing the delivery guys a source of income right now.

I really don't know what is eating your brains. And you blame others for not understanding you, and say you got no time to explain any of your guessing games. Seriously, what is wrong with you? 

I’m with you, at one point I stopped reading any of his post, it’s just stupid splatted on a forum page and the format he cuts and paste here is so incredibly annoying. @lonelyglobe should not have encourage him to comment, mostly garbage what he spews forth.

Guest Guest
49 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

will behaviours change?

but your behaviour don't change after all these years what

still post anyhow

still like your own posts

you treat us like don't read newspapers at all?

always quote all the news that most of us can and know where to read

Guest serious?
1 hour ago, fab said:

anecdotally the two groups of most guilty covidiots are the senior citizen and the foreigners.

Are you serious? 

32-year-old man charged with breaching stay-home notice; 2 others for allegedly leaving isolation areas

Singaporean Foo Ching Guan, 32, allegedly left his home in Kreta Ayer Road after being served a stay-home notice (SHN)
Mr Foo Ching Guan, 32, returned to Singapore on March 17 and was served with a stay-home notice from the day of his arrival to March 31.

On Thursday, two Singaporean men were in court over SHN-related offences. They include Alan Tham Xiang Sheng, 34.

A Singaporean man is expected to be charged in court on Friday (April 17) over allegedly breaching his stay-home notice after returning to Singapore from Thailand.

He is the third person to be charged over this offence.

Guest URBlind
17 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Says who??? You don't bloody hell come here to spread fake news to destroy us. What are you trying to prove?? 

Wash your CCB eyes properly and read here 

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, Guest serious? said:

Are you serious? 

32-year-old man charged with breaching stay-home notice; 2 others for allegedly leaving isolation areas

Singaporean Foo Ching Guan, 32, allegedly left his home in Kreta Ayer Road after being served a stay-home notice (SHN)
Mr Foo Ching Guan, 32, returned to Singapore on March 17 and was served with a stay-home notice from the day of his arrival to March 31.

On Thursday, two Singaporean men were in court over SHN-related offences. They include Alan Tham Xiang Sheng, 34.

A Singaporean man is expected to be charged in court on Friday (April 17) over allegedly breaching his stay-home notice after returning to Singapore from Thailand.

So fast forgot these ...? 

https://www.ica.gov.sg/news-and-publications/media-releases/media-release/singapore-permanent-resident-breached-stay-home-notice-requirements-loses-singapore-permanent-residence-status-and-will-be-barred-from-re-entering-singapore   (Singapore Permanent Resident Breached Stay-Home Notice Requirements; Loses Singapore Permanent Residence Status And Will Be Barred From Re-Entering Singapore)

Work passes of 2 workers cancelled for breaching COVID-19 requirements: MOM  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/work-passes-mom-revoked-covid-19-coronavirus-breach-12431936  

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/manpower/coronavirus-89-work-passes-revoked-for-breaching-entry-approval-requirements-or    Coronavirus: 89 work passes revoked for breaching entry approval requirements or stay-home notices   

That's why we have it so tough to be Singaporeans. We kenna any problems, we get CHARGED. Foreigners kenna any problems, they go home. 

Guest Guest
3 minutes ago, Guest URBlind said:

Wash your CCB eyes properly and read here  

Shut your CCB mouth. Is that carparks and staircase? I hope you get BANNED permanently. 

58 minutes ago, Guest Agreeable said:

I’m with you, at one point I stopped reading any of his post, it’s just stupid splatted on a forum page and the format he cuts and paste here is so incredibly annoying. @lonelyglobe should not have encourage him to comment, mostly garbage what he spews forth.

Oops... I m sorry,  I do not have the luxury of benefits of hindsight.....

25 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

That's why we have it so tough to be Singaporeans. We kenna any problems, we get CHARGED. Foreigners kenna any problems, they go home. 

So that is one way to get rid of extra foreigners,  after this crisis,  there will be a lot of locals looking for job anyway. 

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, lonelyglobe said:

go buy 4D when is available....human mistake LA, they faster post, scare there is another leak of information. 

There’s a reason for the numbers... let’s just say if you subtract and add some numbers, it’s the exact number as that 1k plus rumoured after lunch time.

Guest Guest
14 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

OK LA,  is human mistake and they say sorry,  so forgive them. 

Correction note: An earlier version of the report said Singapore now has 5,573 Covid-19 cases. It should be 5,050 cases. We are sorry for the error.

🤫

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

From Dr Billy Tan (FaceBook 14 Apr 2020)

"I just sent this message to FB of Lee Hsien Loong,  Lawrence Wong n Gan Kim Yong.

Dear Sir,

To allow runners and joggers to be exempted begs logic when it had been shown that they leave a  much wider area of droplets n aerosol dispersion.  This obsession with still wanting to allow people to exercise outdoors  in a period of near lockdown in advising everyone else to stay at home unless really essential to go out really  makes no sense.  It’s like saying all those who drive must follow traffic rules, but those who drive above speed limit do not need to, but once they slow down to the speed limit – they then must follow traffic rules.

Priority is to stop spread of droplets n aerosol by everyone.  And a runner or jogger may be a healthy asymtomatic spreader leaving a trail of virus far wider than anyone else that is masked.

Here we go again... leaving loopholes that will only prolong the suffering of the people and the country.  Lets please not spare a few and risk the rest who are complying.  There is really no valid reason to do that.  Please apply the "masked when outdoors  rule" to EVERYONE – no exceptions.

Dr Billy Tan"

Agree with this, those huffing and puffing joggers are definitely pumping out more droplets and further, even now I avoid cyclist. Worse is they sneak up from behind and zoom past.

Guest Guest

For the smokers out there ...

Under "[Updated 16 Apr] Masks and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)" of https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/faqs 

Q Can I remove my mask to smoke outside? 

In view of the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Control Order) Regulations 2020, all Designated Smoking Areas (DSAs) within the Orchard Road No Smoking Zone (ORNSZ) as well as smoking corners located beyond the ORNSZ have been closed. Everyone must wear a mask when outside of their homes. If you are out doing essential tasks, and smoke in an area where smoking is not prohibited, you must immediately put your mask back on after smoking, just like what you must do after eating, drinking or cleaning your face. Please strictly comply with the safe distancing measures while smoking.

Guest serious
4 hours ago, fab said:

3 hours ago, Guest serious? said:

Are you serious? 

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

So fast forgot these ...? 

https://www.ica.gov.sg/news-and-publications/media-releases/media-release/singapore-permanent-resident-breached-stay-home-notice-requirements-loses-singapore-permanent-residence-status-and-will-be-barred-from-re-entering-singapore   (Singapore Permanent Resident Breached Stay-Home Notice Requirements; Loses Singapore Permanent Residence Status And Will Be Barred From Re-Entering Singapore)

Work passes of 2 workers cancelled for breaching COVID-19 requirements: MOM  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/work-passes-mom-revoked-covid-19-coronavirus-breach-12431936  

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/manpower/coronavirus-89-work-passes-revoked-for-breaching-entry-approval-requirements-or    Coronavirus: 89 work passes revoked for breaching entry approval requirements or stay-home notices   

I guess you forgot all these, you forgot very fast, just last 6 days!!! Memory loss I assume. 

SINGAPORE - 17 April 2020

Close to 50 people were caught on Thursday (April 16) for not wearing their masks in public on the first day that the mandatory rule was enforced.

Another 150 people will be fined for breaching safe distancing measures, said Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Masagos Zulkifli on the same day.

Over 2,900 warnings issued, 40 people fined as many decide to head out on public holiday

16 April 2020

The authorities noted an increase in the number of people flouting the rules at the start of the long weekend, issuing more than 2,900 stern warnings and imposing $300 fines on 40 people.

400 more cases of people fined for breaking safe distancing rules, 19 in hawker centres and markets.

SINGAPORE — The authorities are imposing more than 400 fines on people who failed to comply with safe distancing rules, for offences that took place on Tuesday and Wednesday (April 15).

Over 200 fines of $300 issued for non-compliance of measures.

13 April 2020

More than 200 composition fines of $300 were issued to members of the public who did not comply with elevated safe distancing measures across Singapore yesterday, as stiffer penalties for such breaches kicked in, said the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources.

Police assistance was required for more than 20 non-cooperative cases.

The number of fines was much fewer compared with the 3,000 warnings issued on Saturday, said Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Masagos Zulkifli in a Facebook post last night.

Can you add the numbers up for us please!

Still want to say Locals behaving better???

Stop posting clear untruths. 

Guest Guest
5 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Don't understand  why gov forget about those unused army camp. Can put in a batation. 

“About 1,300 are moving temporarily into two Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) camps - Jurong Camp II and Bedok Camp II - progressively from this week, said the Ministry of Defence (Mindef) in a Facebook post last night.”

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/558-of-623-new-coronavirus-cases-in-singapore-are-foreign-workers-from-dormitories

What is worrying :

- only 1% of the total 323,000 workers are infected, if we use the 20% infection rate for diamond princess cruise,  that will be a potential 60,000, even if 10%, that will be 30,000.

- 31% of the 623 are unlinked and MOH have admitted that it is increasingly difficult to conduct tracing. Seriously, do we even have enough native speaker or translator to get the job done. 

- 22 out of 43 dormitories are active clusters, meaning another potential 50% new clusters. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

• G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic