Male HQ

All about Covid-19 Discussion in Singapore (compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Faith
9 minutes ago, Torrent said:

I'm surprised that Singapore isn't looking to emulate what South Korea did to control/lower cases, after all South Korea spiked because of a super spreader.

if you see No of population tested per millions, Singapore is one of the highest and this leads to more being tested positive.   Many countries have low confirmed cases because they conducted less tests.  See this example:  if you don’t take your examination, you’ll never fail your exam.  Therefore, you have no failure rate but is this true?  I trust our government is doing for our own good, we would rather identify the “confirmed cases” rather than let them hidden among the population and then explode in the near future.  Be faithful that we can overcome and of course, it takes everyone to be social responsible. 

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Guest Faith said:

if you see No of population tested per millions, Singapore is one of the highest and this leads to more being tested positive.   Many countries have low confirmed cases because they conducted less tests.  See this example:  if you don’t take your examination, you’ll never fail your exam.  Therefore, you have no failure rate but is this true?  I trust our government is doing for our own good, we would rather identify the “confirmed cases” rather than let them hidden among the population and then explode in the near future.  Be faithful that we can overcome and of course, it takes everyone to be social responsible. 

Most of the test are at dormitories, how many are they testing on local communities? Looking at test per million is flawed if you are testing one particular group which is driving up the numbers. Another is how many test are being conducted daily? Look at what they are not revealing and you can see where the weak links are.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Guest Faith said:

Your whitewashing of the government is nauseating. If you are looking at the number of tests done per million population, why don't you look at the data from Hong Kong. They have done 17,579/mil population as compared to our 16, 203/mil population. And yet Hong Kong cases of 1030 is so much better than our 9125.

There is not a single angle through your rose-tinted glasses that can show me that our government is doing a good job and that we should have faith in them. 

Guest Guest

This is weird .....! https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/strong-national-push-to-stem-spread-of-covid-19  It says here 

"13        Besides the dormitories, we are also dealing with the situation of migrant workers living in shophouses, private housing and HDB flats. In light of the increasing number of COVID-19 cases involving migrant workers in the construction sector, about 180,000 construction Work Permit and S Pass holders (and their dependents) have been placed on mandatory SHN from 20 April to 4 May 2020. This is a precautionary measure to minimise the risk of further community transmission of COVID-19.

but yet MOM webpages says that there has never been a year that there were less than 280,000 work permits alone given out in the whole year alone. https://www.mom.gov.sg/documents-and-publications/foreign-workforce-numbers

Pass type Dec 2014 Dec 2015 Dec 2016 Dec 2017 Dec 2018 Jun 2019
Employment Pass (EP) 178,900 187,900 192,300 187,700 185,800 189,000
S Pass 170,100 178,600 179,700 184,400 195,500 197,800
Work Permit (Total) 991,300 997,100 992,700 965,200 972,600 981,000
  • Work Permit (FDW)
222,500 231,500 239,700 246,800 253,800 255,800
  • Work Permit (Construction)
322,700 326,000 315,500 284,900 280,500

What happened to the other 100,000 construction work permits??? Where are they??? This COVID-19 is really revealing a lot of skeletons inside the closet ...

Just to announce extension of CB? I tot someone is going to say sorry for messing up the dormitory infections and the subsequent extension of CB. 

Anyway,  just watch a briefing in Taiwan where the army chief commander  apologise for the infections of some 24 navy personnel on board a vessel after returning from an overseas training trip. Amazing also to see how the reporters can question them in the Q & A session if someone will be resigning and take full responsibility. 

But here, 9125 cases still like no body's fault and can get away easily. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

4 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Just to announce extension of CB? I tot someone is going to say sorry for messing up the dormitory infections and the subsequent extension of CB. 

Anyway,  just watch a briefing in Taiwan where the army chief commander  apologise for the infections of some 24 navy personnel on board a vessel while returning from a overseas training. Amazing also to see how the reporters can question them in the Q & A session if someone will be resigning and take full responsibility. 

But here, 9125 cases still like no body's fault and can get away easily. 

Instead of sorry, they said they see good results from CB.. . No wonder they wear white, like to whitewash.

Look at how the lady minister answering the question....

i personally think an Area / Zone lock down combined with a nation-wide testing is both faster and more efficient than extending a stricter CB for another friggin month. 

logistically, i think they CAN handle it. 

anyways, here're some basic maths for those of you who prefer to let facts do the talking:

Apr 1st - 1000 cases

Apr 8th - 1623 (623 increase, or 1.6x everything up till this point)

Apr 15th - 3252 (1629 increase, or 2.6x from Apr 8th)

Apr 22nd (not counting the figures for today) - 9125 cases (5873 increase, or 3.6x from Apr 15th)

Any mathematicians here able to tell us what kind of growth are we looking at?

+65 9090 four four nine six (WA), fourthandthird (Line)

Tiong Bahru market vicinity

$80 / hr - tui na + minor fixing + bone setting (if necessary)

$35 (approx 15 mins + -) - 抓根 Zhua Gen ($5 bundling discount applies when not done stand-alone)

$50 flat rate - treatment of lower back / disc herniation issues. Add $10 for additional area.
Gua sha - $15

$36 bonesetting-and-go (5 - 10 mins)

Daily 10am to 10pm last appt but please text in advance. Special early / ultra late appts are possible, just book in advance.

Please keep your mask on 😃

8 hours ago, Guest Faith said:

South Korea is geographically larger than Singapore, and they also have a high density population per square as well. One key difference is that their government literally has an alert system that sends a warning to all their citizens that tracks the last location where a suspected/confirmed case has been (after contact tracing is done), and for all their citizens to temporarily steer clear of those areas. The warning system also indicates in colour how long has it been since the suspected/confirmed cases were in the area (this is especially important since scientists confirmed that the virus is able to stay dormant in the environment).

I don't know if our government is capable of this however, not sure if we have the logistics or technology ready for it.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Yeah. Thus one really stresses me out. I have not gotten my haircut for almost 4 weeks and wanted to go this week then... booms! :frustrated:

Weren't you the one who told us somewhere on this thread to support the government? Why are you complaining now? 

10 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Yah, we are the laughing stock not only from neighboring  country but from the hongkies and many others.

Always want to be number one n the best in everything. Their wish come true now, all the way to the top ! 

Edited by jlone

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, fourth said:

i personally think an Area / Zone lock down combined with a nation-wide testing is both faster and more efficient than extending a stricter CB for another friggin month. 

anyways, here're some basic maths for those of you who prefer to let facts do the talking:

Apr 1st - 1000 cases

Apr 8th - 1623 (623 increase, or 1.6x everything up till this point)

Apr 15th - 3252 (1629 increase, or 2.6x from Apr 8th)

Apr 22nd (not counting the figures for today) - 9125 cases (5873 increase, or 3.6x from Apr 15th)

Any mathematicians here able to tell us what kind of growth are we looking at?

Of course they can handle any nation-wide testings. It's just that, as usual, the foreigners are more important than Singaporeans so they must be tested first. 

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, fourth said:

So far they finally revealed yesterday they are only doing about 3000 test per day, mostly on foreign workers in dorms. We have wat? 400,000 of them in the dorms, that will take us around 4 months to test all of them. 

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

So far they finally revealed yesterday they are only doing about 3000 test per day, mostly on foreign workers in dorms. We have wat? 400,000 of them in the dorms, that will take us around 4 months to test all of them. 

You are right, I just found this article: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/singapore-must-test-a-lot-more-for-covid-19-before-circuit-breaker-can-be-lifted-gan-kim-yong-132743545.html

And if they are testing 2800 - 3000 foreign workers each day, and we are reporting maybe 1000-plus infection nowadays, that will mean perhaps 30% to 50% of the tested dormitory workers are getting infected already. This makes the infection rate on the Diamond Cruise looks like child's play here. And if we are looking at testing 200,000 - 300,000 construction workers who were given work permits last year, what's the mathematics going to be like?   

Guest Guest
13 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Actually ... I was expecting this .... 

Massive breakdown - Govt's claim of accountability put to the test ...

Guest hairy...
13 hours ago, Guest Hairy said:

Even hair salons and barbers closed, cannot look nice during CB period, and the weather is so farking hot.

you can trim your pubic hair yourself... no need for hair salons. If you cut your hair yourself, don't forget to register the design, could be a new Covid design hair style... 

24 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You are right, I just found this article: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/singapore-must-test-a-lot-more-for-covid-19-before-circuit-breaker-can-be-lifted-gan-kim-yong-132743545.html

And if they are testing 2800 - 3000 foreign workers each day, and we are reporting maybe 1000-plus infection nowadays, that will mean perhaps 30% to 50% of the tested dormitory workers are getting infected already. This makes the infection rate on the Diamond Cruise looks like child's play here. And if we are looking at testing 200,000 - 300,000 construction workers who were given work permits last year, what's the mathematics going to be like?   

Diamond princess infection rate is 20%, so we are looking at 60,000 for 300,000. Even base on a 10% rate,  the figure will be 30,000. Long way to go......

Guest Guest
34 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Don’t forget, a test today clears you does not mean you’ll pass a test 5 days later. In addition, the ~3000 test does not mean unique person tested, it also includes some in the community, but it does not say how many are retested cases.

Guest bleach
15 hours ago, leo yok loo said:

Instead of sorry, they said they see good results from CB.. . No wonder they wear white, like to whitewash.

Look at how the lady minister answering the question....

You must use a lot of bleach to reach at that colour...

Guest Guest
47 minutes ago, jlone said:

OMG! Are we heading towards doomsday?

Yesh.

Coronavirus has mutated into at least 30 different strains, Chinese study finds

The results showed that medical officials have vastly underestimated the overall ability of the virus to mutate, in finding that different strains have affected different parts of the world, leading to potential difficulties in finding an overall cure. The study, which was carried out by professor Li Lanjuan and colleagues from Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China, was published in a non-peer reviewed paper released on Sunday.

More than 30 different mutations of the virus were detected, of which 19 were previously undiscovered.

Li’s team found that some of the most aggressive strains of the virus were able to generate 270 times the viral load as the weakest strains; in addition, the aggressive strains killed the human cells fastest.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/coronavirus-has-mutated-into-at-least-30-different-strains-study/

Guest Guest
3 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Yesh.

Coronavirus has mutated into at least 30 different strains, Chinese study finds

The results showed that medical officials have vastly underestimated the overall ability of the virus to mutate, in finding that different strains have affected different parts of the world, leading to potential difficulties in finding an overall cure. The study, which was carried out by professor Li Lanjuan and colleagues from Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China, was published in a non-peer reviewed paper released on Sunday.

More than 30 different mutations of the virus were detected, of which 19 were previously undiscovered.

Li’s team found that some of the most aggressive strains of the virus were able to generate 270 times the viral load as the weakest strains; in addition, the aggressive strains killed the human cells fastest.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/coronavirus-has-mutated-into-at-least-30-different-strains-study/

I dont trust any studies from China now. They are full of lies. 

Guest Guest
2 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

strangely why everyone stop reporting figures today?

there is still bbt to entertain all https://goodyfeed.com/bubble-tea-open/?fbclid=IwAR1ptIvRlBIQz2001LxmNDQpqMy9znRQF6774pP5H76CGpR7SajKS3w8znQ

Covid team lookalike 

Usually the later the report, the bigger the numbers. Maybe this time the preliminary number is 2xxx now.. 

15 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Usually the later the report, the bigger the numbers. Maybe this time the preliminary number is 2xxx now.. 

Really, they just dun know how to report? 开不出口!

Just reported 1016 cases!Past ten thousand mark already.

Edited by jlone

About 2 months ago after the 1st dorm case, they misjudge the situation and it spread like wild fire. Now is fire fighting time,  the foreign workers and dorm condition is under the spot light.

Funny thing is he suddenly care about them so much. He become the god father overnight.

Guest Guest
20 minutes ago, leo yok loo said:

About 2 months ago after the 1st dorm case, they misjudge the situation and it spread like wild fire. Now is fire fighting time,  the foreign workers and dorm condition is under the spot light.

Funny thing is he suddenly care about them so much. He become the god father overnight.

Maybe he will change the constitution again just to allow Bangladeshi/Indian construction workers to vote in the General Election since they are all so grateful to him now..  LOL... ? 

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/singapore/govt-response-to-workers-issues-results-in-pm-lee-winning-migrants-hearts/ar-BB12ZTIF?li=BBr8Cnr 

Gov’t response to workers issues results in PM Lee winning migrants hearts

"They are grateful that much (Singapore taxpayers') money has been spent on the worker, and argue that he would not be able to get this type of attention back home in Bangladesh.”

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, leo yok loo said:

Covid19 really makes the world crazy: i slap and kick u, u bleed n going to die and i send u to hospital. When u wake up in ICU, the 1st thing u do  is thank me because i send u to hospital.

Errrrrrr..... you talking about the Bangla or Singaporeans...?  🤔🤔🤔

Singaporeans don't need the COVID-19 to go crazy that way..

Guest Guest
11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

SINGAPORE LOST CONTROL OF ITS CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK, AND MIGRANT WORKERS ARE THE VICTIMS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/04/21/singapore-lost-control-its-coronavirus-outbreak-migrant-workers-are-victims/?arc404=true

Aiyoyo, make us look so bad.

Not just this one, OK.... ? Our "Gold Standard" now all over the world already...  (sorry, but all these articles are subscription based, cannot cut and paste here for people to read even with the links in place)

https://time.com/5824039/singapore-outbreak-migrant-workers/

Why Singapore, Once a Model for Coronavirus Response, Lost Control of Its Outbreak

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-21/how-singapore-flipped-from-virus-hero-to-cautionary-tale

How Singapore Flipped From Virus Hero to Cautionary Tale

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/04/21/singapore-coronavirus-response-snag/

Singapore's Coronavirus Success Story Hits a Snag

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Maybe he will change the constitution again just to allow Bangladeshi/Indian construction workers to vote in the General Election since they are all so grateful to him now..  LOL... ? 

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/singapore/govt-response-to-workers-issues-results-in-pm-lee-winning-migrants-hearts/ar-BB12ZTIF?li=BBr8Cnr 

Gov’t response to workers issues results in PM Lee winning migrants hearts

"They are grateful that much (Singapore taxpayers') money has been spent on the worker, and argue that he would not be able to get this type of attention back home in Bangladesh.”

You know what our pm is great at doing.. that's call acting.. why??

oh those BS he's been feeding the world, there's no poor & homeless people in singapore.. and suddenly there was news abt homeless people sleeping in churches, nowhere to go.. jobless people.. actual veterans of this God forsaken tropical floating financial hub popping up in all the media sources..

plus the dorms infections blown so wide open.. he was seen as some evil dictator (can be compared to the north korean, Fat Boy Kim) making the 3rd world folks living in dire environments.. plus there were video recordings of workers suffering in the dorms sending out mixed signals to the media.. 

so therefore he's putting so much effort into those foreign workers' dorms.. he's praying that most of them will be thankful for whatever he & his bunch of wankers are doing, then he's able to entice them with the PR status (dangling the carrot) so after this whole fuck shit on covid get blown over.. if pple wanna migrate, he will smile & say, thank u, the door is there, please make ur own way out & please kindly close the door after u leave.. so he can get new singaporeans to replace those who left. And he will be seen as the hero of the day.

this is call "votes whipping" in the political areana 

Edited by single42

33 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

SINGAPORE LOST CONTROL OF ITS CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK, AND MIGRANT WORKERS ARE THE VICTIMS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/04/21/singapore-lost-control-its-coronavirus-outbreak-migrant-workers-are-victims/?arc404=true

Aiyoyo, make us look so bad.

Perhaps is time for the world to see our "golden standard" in treating those workers and improve living conditions in the future?  So as to bring in another 300,000 workers?

The key should be to reduce the number,  why must all mega projects start at the same time? No one cut grass,  then remove it completely. So much grass for what? Better plant more vegetables and get the retirees to help out. No one collect rubbish?  Follow Taiwan way,  the rubbish truck came and everyone just bring out their rubbish to throw.

Edited by lonelyglobe

13 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Perhaps is time for the world to see our "golden standard" in treating those workers and improve living conditions in the future?  So as to bring in another 300,000 workers?

The key should be to reduce the number,  why must all mega projects start at the same time? No one cut grass,  then remove it completely. So much grass for what? Better plant more vegetables and get the retirees to help out. No one collect rubbish?  Follow Taiwan way,  the rubbish truck came and everyone just bring out their rubbish to throw.

Agree. We should not keep on flooding our country with foreign workers. Why is it only Singapore who need so many so many foreigners?We should not rely on them so much. The govt has been spending so much money on them...  

20 hours ago, mature chn said:

Agree. We should not keep on flooding our country with foreign workers. Why is it only Singapore who need so many so many foreigners?We should not rely on them so much. The govt has been spending so much money on them...  

@Mature chn

who is going to clean the public toilets??

who is going to throw the rubbish??

who is going to build those bto flats??

who is going to collect & wash the plates, cups, bowls & cutleries at all those coffeeshops & hawker centers..?? 

who is going to wash & paint the HDB Blocks..??

who is going to build the next office building???

who is taking care of the landscaping in ur hdb estate / condominium estate??

who is going to take care of ur swimming pool/ sauna/ gym in ur condo estate??

who is going to operate the machine room that cleans the water in the public swimming pool..??

are u guys gonna do it..??

Those foreign workers are the ones that are doing it!!! we should be grateful to have them in our lives & in our country.. and we shouldn't be acting like fools & pricks that didn't have much education.

A bunch of NATOs & keyboard warriors

Edited by single42

27 minutes ago, mature chn said:

Because the bosses are happy, got so many slaves work for them. Some more they pay levy. So all the stake holders are happy wat...

After covid 19, must bring in more foreign workers..maybe 1.5million

So got ppl

1) cut grass

2) build house

3) clear rubbish

4) join parliament

The list goes on....

4 minutes ago, single42 said:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/covid-19-spore-crosses-10000-mark-with-1016-new-cases-071247999.html

we have cross the 10,000 mark!!!

10,141 cases

1016 new cases

14 minutes ago, leo yok loo said:

Because the bosses are happy, got so many slaves work for them. Some more they pay levy. So all the stake holders are happy wat...

After covid 19, must bring in more foreign workers..maybe 1.5million

So got ppl

1) cut grass

2) build house

3) clear rubbish

4) join parliament

The list goes on....

Most importantly got more people to vote for them if become citizens.

1 hour ago, single42 said:

@Mature chn

who is going to clean the public toilets??

who is going to throw the rubbish??

who is going to build those bto flats??

who is going to collect & wash the plates, cups, bowls & cutleries at all those coffeeshops & hawker centers..?? 

who is going to wash & paint the HDB Blocks..??

1. Stop free use of toilet like in Europe, toilets are chargeable at train station and Shopping Centre.

2. Throw your own like in taiwan, u only need a driver. 

3. Build so many flats to prepare for 10 million population?

4. A lot of places are using local aunties and uncles, make every sporean return their own plates by fine and jail for repeat offenders. Not wearing mask can be fined,  so not returning plates definitely can be fined too. 

5. How often is painting carry out? 

Agreed we cannot do without them but it will be a easy and lazy way out. The key is to reduce dependency and yes is a difficult issues and that's why we are paying million dollars for whoever can solve this problem. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Guest

To be honest, I don't get any feeling that the PAP government knows what it is doing, and what it is supposed to do at all. All they are doing now is to mimic what other countries had done, and also follow what the ancient textbooks had taught them about contact tracing. They have no plans, no clues, and no vision as to how we should be moving forward at all. 

Everyone knows very well that keeping all of us at home will not make the virus go away miraculously. Even mild cases in isolation wards are still given treatment. And even after treatments, reinfections may still happen again.

The only reason I can think as to why they want to keep us all at home for as long as possible, is to hope that those infected starts showing symptoms at home, or wait for the asymptomatic cases to infect their own family members enough that at least one of them will show symptoms to identify the entire family as being infected. Isn't that what they are doing to the foreign workers now : isolating them, containing the spread within each "cell", and monitor their situation more intensively? 

I think they are playing with our lives here. They really should be doing mass community testings on the citizens already, instead of keeping us all at home and wait for the infected  to further infect their own family members. 

And the funny thing is how they have already said they have local test kits suppliers, but they are still buying the test kits from overseas to "keep our options open". How is buying test kits from overseas "keeping our options open"? Is someone overseas (or even locally under the table) profiting seriously from these test kits..?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/singapore-must-test-a-lot-more-for-covid-19-before-circuit-breaker-can-be-lifted-gan-kim-yong-132743545.html

There are so many questionable actions and decisions made right now....

Guest Guest
11 minutes ago, Expired Btm Uncle said:

I totally agree with you!! Thats why this CB is bullshit. If it works theoretically, other countries would have seen effects. 

And now cut hair is non essential. Laugh

Wearing masks is good. Social distancing is ok. Solo Staying Home Notification to observe your own condition for 14 days or maybe even 4 weeks after possible contact is maybe still acceptable. 

But now, instead of doing mass community diagnosis which other countries have started doing a month ago, the idea of getting everyone to stay home for 1 month, or maybe even 2 months, is really just trying to risk our lives and wait for asymptomatic infected to infect his own family members, just so that the telltale symptoms can show in one of them. 

Guest Guest

12th casualty from last night just got reported. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-singapore-moh-new-cases-apr-22-10000-dormitory-12665430?cid=telegram_cna_social_28112017_cna

COVID-19 infections in Singapore top 10,000, with 1,016 new cases; 12th person dies

An 84-year-old Singaporean woman identified as case 1071 passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection on Tuesday night.

• G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic