Male HQ

All about Covid-19 Discussion in Singapore (compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Go Read it
2 hours ago, AFter8 said:

Well done, Pritam! 👍🏼

40FCAC13-08D2-49BE-BBA9-B6E361BF7E7C.jpeg

He reminded me of Young Jusitce Bao story in the ancient days of  China, where tyranny reign under a corrupted emperor which subjected the country to foreign invasion eventually.   What Pritam did is very honourable, you will also notice foreigners will try to put him down too.   Just like  how ancient China was destroyed and conquered by foreign force through an ignorant emperor and a bunch of corrupted court judges.  The foreigners will hate Justice Bao, and will try to collude with those corrupted greedy citizens to destroy him. 

The new cases,

- A 53-year-old man who was in Malaysia on three separate days in January;

- A 42-year-old woman, a teacher at Victoria Junior College;
- A 39-year-old woman who was in Malaysia from Jan 22 to Jan 29.

18 minutes ago, Magenta_Lilies said:

Hmmm. If I suay suay get the virus and had visited a gay sauna recently, am I obligated/required to disclose that fact? Will I be breaking the law if I don't disclose? 

Yes, please practise social responsibility and disclose, just in case the sauna centre becomes a virus hub and affects more innocent men.

1 hour ago, leo yok loo said:

Dont worry...the coming airshow we will welcome 100 china men into spore...mindef clear them.

Sometimes i think they thought they are god.

Good luck.

I m more concern when the 30,000 china workers report for work here and the 92 sporean from wuhan when we eventually bring them back,  time to stock up mask if u still can find them.

2 hours ago, Magenta_Lilies said:

Hmmm. If I suay suay get the virus and had visited a gay sauna recently, am I obligated/required to disclose that fact? Will I be breaking the law if I don't disclose? 

They will trace who you had sex with and those who touch touch you in the dark room.  

Guest M.A.S.K.
29 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

I m more concern when the 30,000 china workers report for work here and the 92 sporean from wuhan when we eventually bring them back,  time to stock up mask if u still can find them.

Don't worry lah, if they never wear mask means they are healthy, masks stock aplenty.

Thai minister says kick out 'Western' tourists not wearing face masks

Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul suggested 'Western' tourists not wearing face masks should be kicked out of the county. 

BANGKOK: Thailand's health minister lashed out at "Western" tourists on Friday (Feb 7) for not wearing face masks and suggested they be expelled from the country for putting others at risk during the coronavirus outbreak.

The outburst came as the kingdom faced steep losses over a drop in visitors from China, where the virus has killed more than 600 people and prompted sweeping travel restrictions.

Tourism accounts for 18 per cent of the country's gross domestic product and Chinese holidaymakers make up a quarter of total arrivals.

Thailand has detected 25 coronavirus cases and nine of those patients have recovered, while streets, public transport and shopping centres have filled with people wearing face masks.

Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul was distributing masks at a busy Bangkok skytrain entrance when he complained that "farang" tourists didn't take them and acted as if they "don't care".

Farang is a commonly used Thai word to describe Westerners and is sometimes used dismissively

These kinds of people, we should kick them out of Thailand," he told reporters, waving a handful of masks in the air.

Anutin did not respond to additional requests for comment but posted an apology on his Facebook page for "losing it" after "some foreigners from Europe" were uncooperative in the mask campaign.

More than 10 million Chinese tourists visited Thailand last year but the industry projects about two million fewer arrivals in 2020 because of the coronavirus, making US, European and other markets more vital.

Debates over the efficacy of masks have bounced around the internet since the contagion first emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan last month.

Since then it has spread to more than two dozen countries and infected tens of thousands, mostly within mainland China.

Health experts generally agree masks are useful if you have respiratory symptoms or are caring for patients.

But the World Health Organization's own Thailand office tweeted a graphic on Feb 4 stating masks are "not needed for general public who do not have respiratory symptoms".

The WHO has advised people to wash their hands regularly and avoid touching their face

4 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

I m not too sure about that,  it had never been a culture or popular practice here to wear mask when one is sick,  mask aplenty?  Where? 

He's been sarcastic. 

Guest M.A.S.K.
15 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

I m not too sure about that,  it had never been a culture or popular practice here to wear mask when one is sick,  mask aplenty?  Where? 

TBH there are a lot of mask, but you have to be fast, prepared to queue and pay a high price, maybe even up to $50 a box of 50 pc. In addition to not knowing the quality of the mask if they are real surgical masks or simply tissues with earloops.

11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

He's been sarcastic. 

Sollie actually dun mean to be but thinking of this reactionary approach really makes blood boil. And I don't think hitherto there are measures to curb scalping and exporting.

10 minutes ago, Guest M.A.S.K. said:

TBH there are a lot of mask, but you have to be fast, prepared to queue and pay a high price, maybe even up to $50 a box of 50 pc. In addition to not knowing the quality of the mask if they are real surgical masks or simply tissues with earloops.

Sollie actually dun mean to be but thinking of this reactionary approach really makes blood boil. And I don't think hitherto there are measures to curb scalping and exporting.

In other words, not enough masks.

33 minutes ago, SensualMassage_T said:

DORSCON up to orange. 

- wear face mask 

- use hand sanitizer 

spacer.png

spacer.png

See what these two idiots said?
Are you going to vote for them?

4 minutes ago, leo yok loo said:

The two jokers no need to wear mask because they dont take public transport. 

Taking high salary but talk cock.

Agree! 

These two bloody idiots took high salary. Government "gorng laan jieow weey".

I hope more Singaporeans kenna then, people will know. swing vote to opposition. 

Hot topic of the day -> All local Chinese TCM clinics are not under the list of approval of MOH to get mask. MOH argued that they are not registered. Made the Chinese TCM registered but book down on local Chinese TCM and don't approve them to get mask. 

Puah CB... I hope this Gan Kim Yong die of Coronavirus! KNN! 

I don't think he handle the situation well,  should ask the sars master come,  that one quite good ha.....anyway when things don't really concern u,  u don't really need to care right? 

Perhaps put 2 wuhan resident in their house and see what happen. Will idiots still say u cannot ask china tenants to leave when they are on leave of absence ,  otherwise u will not be allowed to rent out in future. 

Yes we pity them but if landlord kena,  then who pity landlord?  Not to forget they are the one who started the virus by eating rubbish and covered up at the initial stage, then now whole world suffered. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Loopholes
23 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Yes we pity them but if landlord kena,  then who pity landlord?  Not to forget they are the one who started the virus by eating rubbish and covered up at the initial stage, then now whole world suffered. 

This part is the greatest loopholes the government overlooked.  China tenants are widely spread all over Singapore.  If any of the landlord caught the virus, a single landlord will spread the virus to their own family members and from there to each respective friends and colleagues.   It is dangerous to punish the landlord and avoid the seriousness of the situation.  I believed the MP will do the same if they have China who just came back to stay with them.  At least, Singapore should have a quarantine Center for them to stay until 14 days and get tested before allowing them to return to their landlord and not just came from airport straight to the landlord home.

Shouldn't you guys know by now? No matter how bad it gets, there will be IB coming out to tell us all how well they are handling the situation. And there will still be people believing them. 

Image result for whitewashing animated gif

[forwarded message]

Be careful of scam - scammers call and claim they're doing contact tracing, then get all your info from there.

Don’t give any info, ask for their name and phone number to call back. Call MOH hotline to verify if the number the chap gave to you is true. Wait for MOH to call you again if it’s true contact tracing.

Don’t call back the one who called you.

41 minutes ago, sgboyboy said:

Just curious and wanted to do a sense check. Will you still go for massage (aroma body, thai or foot massage) if you are heading to BKK now? 

The usual place i go to is Yunomori in BKK. 

Typical puu-borh kiia! 

There is a thread for Thailand Bangkok under "Travellers' Hut" Go there post! You idiot!

This is a discussion thread for Coronavirus in SINGAPORE! NOT how to gaiin-song about massage in Thailand!

Things to note from German scientists, studies on other corona viruses  (MERs, SARs, HCoV) that may be applicable to this one,

... can persist on inanimate surfaces like metal, glass or plastic for up to 9 days, but can be efficiently inactivated by surface disinfection procedures with 62-71% ethanol, 0.5% hydrogen peroxide or 0.1% sodium hypochlorite within 1 minute. Other biocidal agents such as 0.05-0.2% benzalkonium chloride or 0.02% chlorhexidine digluconate are less effective

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0195670120300463?via%3Dihub

Guest Masks finish then how

Wat wil happen to those who wear masks due to fear finish their stocks of masks n couldn’t get hold of new stocks.  They wil b so fearful of going out then, won’t they?

2 minutes ago, Guest Masks finish then how said:

Wat wil happen to those who wear masks due to fear finish their stocks of masks n couldn’t get hold of new stocks.  They wil b so fearful of going out then, won’t they?

7 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

The DIY masks should be given more to those who are coughing, its efficacy is a question mark.

There's some info on masks and wet wipes here,

11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

The DIY masks should be given more to those who are coughing, its efficacy is a question mark.

There's some info on masks and wet wipes here,

Apply more layers. Aim is to trap the bacteria and virus and not let it spray on to others. Now the time no fish prawn also can. 

12 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Apply more layers. Aim is to trap the bacteria and virus and not let it spray on to others. Now the time no fish prawn also can. 

Yes I agree, problem now is so many muthurfarkers don't care and cough like there's no tomorrow in enclosed places and public transport, and never bother to wear mask or even cover their mouths with tissue paper.

And then there are these classes of extreme low lifers who think its funny to deliberately cough at other people's direction.

Guest No Offense, but...

Stay at home is the best action.  No point going out and cram with the crowds and then complained about not having enough mask to self protect.

Honestly,  I have been living normally like any other day and I don't stock up mask or or pile up noodles.  The only 4 masks I have, were gift from govt and I didn't even bother to look at them.   Besides, those people who stocked up trolley after trolley of foods belong to the same people, as always  who even on normal day, would fight over hello kitty,  queue under the hot sun for property, beating up their maids for not doing a proper job,  get their general workers to queue for Bak Kwa,    fighting and quarelling over trivial things in life and being very calculative about paying their workers or stares into other people faces for no reason at all. The list would goes on... and I am referring to both local and foreigners alike, professors no less.  This familiar pattern of behaviour, is worse than the virus itself and will continue to perpetuate into this society after all viruses are cleared from this  country.  People are afraid of changes in mindset. They wanted to be kiasu over many things, in order to feel safe, which is the syndrome well exploited by our leader who continue to hold on to power for the last many decades, and paid them obscene salary and then used such Kiasu people as their loyal support bases by spreading throughout the neighbourhood.  

Really, I didn't see what is the fuss about the virus. Many foods caused deadly cancer too.  Besides,  It is not like nobody hasn't been through the SARs pandemic period.  Wuhan virus is just one of those scare days among many other scary period - bush fire, tsunami, earthquake, volcanos...etc and these country dealt with them very well.  We are lucky not to have lived through those nature disaster and we can't even deal with virus?  

Just Imagine how many people got infected with AIDs every year and how many have died through HIV related complications, but still people are going about having casual sex.  I mean, really?  are you guys serious that we need to scramble and push around to stock pile everything under the sun while the conrona virus cures are on its way.  Seriously guys!!!   Sit back,  relax and enjoy the beautiful world as it is, with a cup of hot cocoa.  Does it sounds so difficult to everyone?  I mean other than those people mentioned above which I have longed given up hope and and not worth in my book of mention.  

Fear and misleading gossip.  Do something useful and effective (study, think) or shut up.

Vaccinate for normal flu. If sick, mask up and stay home. No mask, wrap a scarf with tudung. Donate spray bottles and bleach to the saunas that don't know what to do. Don't rely on alcohol; drink some to de-stress. Donate a thermometer gun for the counter. Wash hands as soon as you can to remove MRT and money germs. If you're there, remind staff again and again to wipe surfaces touched. Turn away guys who won't take off masks (low risk) but get barebacked (PreP % risk?!?!). Scold uncovered coughers, sneezers and spitters.

Were all those affected on the Princess Cruise counted under the Japan infection numbers? If that's the case, we will be having this dubious honour of being Number 2 on the list already. 

7 minutes ago, Guest Corona said:

Is it true that more people has actually died in China due to this virus than reported in the statistic? Then we should be very very worry abt it. 

The only one can answer this question is the China govt.... But same like sars,  it is not uncommon for them to under-report,  their tactic first is to hide,  then cannot hide anymore just throw in a figure. 

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Were all those affected on the Princess Cruise counted under the Japan infection numbers? If that's the case, we will be having this dubious honour of being Number 2 on the list already. 

unfortunately yes and that's why they are runaway Number 1, the cruise contribute 61 cases, if not SG will be the top already outside china. 

• G_M changed the title to All about Covid-19 Discussion in Singapore (compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic