Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

On 2/21/2022 at 7:46 PM, singalion said:

But you were the smart one who posted the last part containing the "conclusion" directly into BW without any much thought as you immediately jumped on the totally irrelevant findings...

You had been told before that the 99.7/ 0.3 % number is long outdated.

I am not sure why you need to repeat the outdated data on and on.

this post needs correcting to confirm the data is not outdated 

On 2/21/2022 at 9:00 PM, singalion said:

I am not your research assistant or butler.

The most recent number from a study shows that the original Covid overall death ratio was  at 3%,

Alpha at 2.56%,

Delta at 2.12 %,

Omicron is at 1.31 %.

Omicron data is taken from January 2022.

Status of the data is 14 Feb 2022.

this data has no source 

On 2/21/2022 at 9:45 PM, singalion said:

Did you ever note that the numbers after the total number of infections have not changed since mid December 2021 and always have remained the same percentage???

Thinking with a sense of logic with approximately 80 deaths from Covid the past 17 days (approx 90 since 1 Feb), can that be???

this post needs correcting 

On 2/21/2022 at 10:31 PM, singalion said:

I do not spread any irresponsible panic or fear.

I just say be cautious.

Is it panic or fear mongering to advice people to stay away from crowds, be responsible, mask up, etc and stay at home as much as possible to avoid an infection?

What irresponsible advice from you to catch the Omicron to grow antibodies on your own, when for plenty it can end up at Mandai, Bright Hill or Bukit Brown... .

I don't play down Omicron and don't compare it with a flu.

What you still forget are these numbers for people aged 50 and above on a per 100,000 basis:

Current Omicron wave cases and deaths per 100k in each age group

You can see that the data up to 21 jan, the fetal rates per 100,000 for the age groups and covers Omicron

50 to 59 is 1.34

60 to 69 is 2.92

70 - 79 is 11.71

80-89 is 35.19

Above 90 is 99.85

This in reference to a general vaccination rate (2 doses) at 90% and booster (at 70%).

The number reflects that Omicron is still an increased risk for fully vaccinated people above 50 years.

Actually after various of rounds I have little mood to discuss with you much as you are plain quarrelsome.

this data has no source 

again and again… this is why your discussions never conclude successfully on here and you are engaged in tit for tat bickering across so many threads. 

On 2/21/2022 at 11:53 PM, Guest Wide Berth said:

Isn’t it obvious 100cases a day is way better than 15,000-20,000 cases a day? Less people will need to report sick, hospital resources can be freed up to treat other types of medical issues, fewer people will be at risk of dying. The benefits of having only 100cases outweighs the risks. 

if it is so obvious, have you considered why only two countries in the whole world are still trying that approach? And that all other countries, even with their different political ideologies and systems of government, are taking the opposite view? 

And did you think about how or why you have more insight on risk vs. benefit than all of these governments, with their with expert scientific and medical advisors,? 

On 2/22/2022 at 8:53 AM, Guest Wtf said:

if it is so obvious, have you considered why only two countries in the whole world are still trying that approach? And that all other countries, even with their different political ideologies and systems of government, are taking the opposite view? 

And did you think about how or why you have more insight on risk vs. benefit than all of these governments, with their with expert scientific and medical advisors,? 

Oh! So, we are paying our Ministers millions of dollars each year to shy away from thinking and to come up with such "obvious" solutions now?

And such "obvious" solutions are those talking about "endemic living" to let the people get infected and die from COVID? And as if letting people get infected and die is not good enough for them, they want to re-open the entire country so recklessly and quickly to let people get infected and die more quickly!

Look at the speed of the number of VTL flights opened; Look at how quickly the restrictions are lifted; Look at how quickly the crowds gathered everywhere. And all these happened even while we are having the Delta surge and the Omicron surge. 

You want to know what is "obvious". It is "obvious" this type of ministerial job can be done by anyone from a third world country. We don't need to pay them millions of dollars each year to kill Singaporeans. 

I wonder why they still go on with the charade of TraceTogether, when they obviously are not using this data anymore? Think about it, if each of the 15,000 average new cases is in close proximity with 100 people (that is very conservative), then 1.5 million people will be served HRW. If we put 1.5 million people on HRW a day, think of what that will do with the economy! The government will definitely not stand for that, but they are the very ones who got us here in the first place, by letting things get out of hand with infections.

Слава Україні!

On 2/22/2022 at 4:02 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Oh please! Even if a newer deadlier strain comes in, you will still want to keep the economy wide open so that you can earn your money, right? Remember how you said you would call for enhanced CB the hospitals are overwhelmed? Where are you on that now, Mr Prata Man? Flip flop flip flop... 

On 2/21/2022 at 9:20 PM, Guest Wtf said:

see MOH data: 99.7%

https://www.moh.gov.sg

this is updated 20th February and for the last 28 days. If you have more recent information, please share. 

And you have any evidence that MOH updates also the percentage next to the total infection number (i.e. Over the last 28 days, Infected 273,580) with every day?

99.7% Had No or  Mild Symptoms   0.2% Required Oxygen Supplementation  0.04% ICU   0.03% Died

(Above status of today on MOH's website).

Do you have any information whether the above numbers have ever changed since they were posted in Jan 2022?

Also why doesn't it add up to 0.3%????

I observed that the percentages have been the same as in early January, when this overview was started.

In January 22 there were only approx. 29 deaths with lower infections numbers. And then when the number of deaths jumped to approx 90 in the last 28 days, the numbers remain the same?

On 2/21/2022 at 11:10 PM, Guest Wtf said:

I am actually engaging with what you write, rather than brushing it off, and answering the points you make rather than changing the goalposts like some other people posting.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:48 AM, Guest Wtf said:

this post needs correcting to confirm the data is not outdated 

this data has no source 

this post needs correcting 

this data has no source 

again and again… this is why your discussions never conclude successfully on here and you are engaged in tit for tat bickering across so many threads. 

And you are not simply trying to brush off or making attempts to discredit people posting here?

No?

And please look who at BW is bickering with really everyone who just posts something contradicting to your narrative.

On 2/21/2022 at 11:21 PM, sgmaven said:

Don't waste your time with someone who continues to hide behind a "guest" moniker, and only knows how to use condescending and demeaning terms on others, when what they say does not fit his thinking.

I agree.

Just wonder why he still intends to hide behind a Guest moniker for this long.

On 2/22/2022 at 4:56 PM, singalion said:

And you have any evidence that MOH updates also the percentage next to the total infection number (i.e. Over the last 28 days, Infected 273,580) with every day?

99.7% Had No or  Mild Symptoms   0.2% Required Oxygen Supplementation  0.04% ICU   0.03% Died

(Above status of today on MOH's website).

Do you have any information whether the above numbers have ever changed since they were posted in Jan 2022?

Also why doesn't it add up to 0.3%????

I observed that the percentages have been the same as in early January, when this overview was started.

In January 22 there were only approx. 29 deaths with lower infections numbers. And then when the number of deaths jumped to approx 90 in the last 28 days, the numbers remain the same?

I already explained it all to you about five times. I am not going to start at the beginning again. 

On this new question you ask: ‘Also why doesn't it add up to 0.3%????’, the answer would be: why on earth would it? There will be a percentage of symptomatic cases that are not in ICU or dead that will, of course, be covered in the percentage you class as missing. 

It is really better now to just admit you are wrong than to keep clutching at straws.

And people here don’t want to hear any more back and forth on this number. I have shown you the source, it is the official data. So now accept it and move on. If can’t accept it, go question MOH or at least provide credible sources for any alternative numbers you offer. 

On 2/22/2022 at 5:10 PM, Guest Wtf said:

On this new question you ask: ‘Also why doesn't it add up to 0.3%????’, the answer would be: why on earth would it? There will be a percentage of symptomatic cases that are not in ICU or dead that will, of course, be covered in the percentage you class as missing. 

But by simple mathematics the other number then should be not 99.7 but different...

In my observation the percentages have never changed at all since it was put up on that Website.

You also don't have any valid explanation, why with the triple fold increase of deaths, the last number can still remain the same.

We also know that the number of people in ICU more than tripled compared to the previous month. (Jan averaging max was 10 pax in ICU, now it is nearing 50 per day).

But the percentage also remained the same.

You can draw your conclusions. I drew mine.

My personal assumption is that the starting sentence "Over the last 28 days" just makes reference to the number of total infections (and not to the percentages).

On 2/21/2022 at 9:58 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Just when I think you can’t get more sloppy… at the link I shared, it is clearly written ‘over the last 28 days’. You want to verify, check with MOH.

In the last 16 days, there have been over 200,000 cases so the approx 80 deaths you mention would be 0.04%. So, yes, with a sense of logic, the 99.7% can be.

And let’s not forget, as you and a few other of the resident posters who like to irresponsibly spread panic, fear and negativity constantly say: the real case number is likely to be much higher. Which, guess what, means that the real number of severe cases is likely to be even lower still.

Anyway, I am sure MOH would love to hear from you if you have questions on the veracity of their publicly available data. 

see above for my original answer to your (repeated) question below that claims I have not offered a valid explanation.  

On 2/22/2022 at 5:21 PM, singalion said:

But by simple mathematics the other number then should be not 99.7 but different...

In my observation the percentages have never changed at all since it was put up on that Website.

You also don't have any valid explanation, why with the triple fold increase of deaths, the last number can still remain the same.

We also know that the number of people in ICU more than tripled compared to the previous month. (Jan averaging max was 10 pax in ICU, now it is nearing 50 per day).

But the percentage also remained the same.

You can draw your conclusions. I drew mine.

My personal assumption is that the starting sentence "Over the last 28 days" just makes reference to the number of total infections (and not to the percentages).

srsly: just finally accept you are wrong on this. And. Move. On. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/no-need-to-ask-covid-19-positive-employees-for-medical-certificate-tan-see-leng

“Dr Tan said the stress on the healthcare system here has been felt especially acutely by general practitioner clinics, polyclinics and hospital emergency departments (EDs).

"The GPs and the EDs report that a great majority of patients who go to them have either no symptoms or mild symptoms. Doctors have also shared that many patients have been visiting them for the sole purpose of obtaining medical certificates just so they can submit them to their workplaces," he said.

"I want to reiterate that these visits are not necessary and they risk compromising the standard of care for other patients who genuinely require (it)."

Dr Tan said he was making this appeal in the light of reports on social media and feedback from colleagues about long lines at clinics and emergency departments here.”

I think the government has painted itself into a corner with this one.

If you think about it, most workplaces will only give you time off work if you can produce a valid medical certificate. Otherwise, it is considered AWOL or the time will be deducted from your leave allocation.

For an employee who has COVID, then he/she has no choice but to see a licensed medical practitioner in Singapore, so that they can be issued with an medical certificate to excuse them from work. Unless of course, he/she is asymptomatic, and can work from home. Otherwise, even if you get "mild symptoms", you will probably need a few days off to rest and recuperate, but this cannot be done without the MC.

Perhaps they consider that anyone who is vaccinated with mild symptoms can still work from home, but in reality, most will be coughing and having running nose and even experiencing body aches. Shouldn't they be then allowed time off work to recover? And if they do not go to the clinics and such, where do they get their MCs from?

Слава Україні!

On 2/21/2022 at 9:58 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Just when I think you can’t get more sloppy… at the link I shared, it is clearly written ‘over the last 28 days’. You want to verify, check with MOH. In the last 16 days, there have been over 200,000 cases so the approx 80 deaths you mention would be 0.04%. So, yes, with a sense of logic, the 99.7% can be.

And let’s not forget, as you and a few other of the resident posters who like to irresponsibly spread panic, fear and negativity constantly say: the real case number is likely to be much higher. Which, guess what, means that the real number of severe cases is likely to be even lower still.

Anyway, I am sure MOH would love to hear from you if you have questions on the veracity of their publicly available data. 

On 2/22/2022 at 5:10 PM, Guest Wtf said:

I already explained it all to you about five times. I am not going to start at the beginning again. 

On 2/22/2022 at 5:35 PM, Guest Wtf said:

see above for my original answer to your (repeated) question below that claims I have not offered a valid explanation.

srsly: just finally accept you are wrong on this. And. Move. On. 

In January 2022 there were in total 66,316 Covid infections and 26 deaths.

February 2022 (just 21 days) there were 241,450 Covid infections and 103 deaths.

You still want to claim that the percentage does not change for above figures compared to each month or the last 28 days from the date the Minister Wong indicated the number?

The data you can take from here:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-feb-21-new-cases-deaths-hospital-icu-moh-2510861

On 2/22/2022 at 7:49 PM, sgmaven said:

I think the government has painted itself into a corner with this one.

If you think about it, most workplaces will only give you time off work if you can produce a valid medical certificate. Otherwise, it is considered AWOL or the time will be deducted from your leave allocation.

For an employee who has COVID, then he/she has no choice but to see a licensed medical practitioner in Singapore, so that they can be issued with an medical certificate to excuse them from work. Unless of course, he/she is asymptomatic, and can work from home. Otherwise, even if you get "mild symptoms", you will probably need a few days off to rest and recuperate, but this cannot be done without the MC.

Perhaps they consider that anyone who is vaccinated with mild symptoms can still work from home, but in reality, most will be coughing and having running nose and even experiencing body aches. Shouldn't they be then allowed time off work to recover? And if they do not go to the clinics and such, where do they get their MCs from?

Agree, and not to forget there are bound to be people who will abuse the system if no medical certificate is required. 

On 2/22/2022 at 7:58 PM, Guest Truth said:

Agree, and not to forget there are bound to be people who will abuse the system if no medical certificate is required. 

But this is always the case.

People even abuse the MC going to a doctor in non covid times.

For mild symptoms, what is there to see for a doctor?

If lucky you have a swollen nose, but can the doctor see your headache, fatigue, diarrhea and muscle pain???

People seek advice whether they can turn to a severe case or just want to know what is going on.

If you have a bump on your arm and don't know the origin and it is there after 2 days, don't you go to a doctor and ask what it could be and whether it is something serious?

I can feel for every infected person who fears ending up in hospital and just wants to know what is going on.

Don't people go to clinics when they have flu also?

On 2/22/2022 at 8:09 PM, sgmaven said:

The reality is that the health system is overwhelmed at the current level of infection, but the government cannot say that, as it will cause general panic.

Not sure if the health system is really overwhelmed, but i am sure many people around me are tested covid positive, really scary. Now sometimes i also feel like unwell and stressful i might be the next one.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:27 PM, Guest guest said:

Not sure if the health system is really overwhelmed, but i am sure many people around me are tested covid positive, really scary. Now sometimes i also feel like unwell and stressful i might be the next one.

Chill! The government already wants us to live with it. Not a question of whether we get it, but when...

Слава Україні!

On 2/22/2022 at 8:28 PM, sgmaven said:

Chill! The government already wants us to live with it. Not a question of whether we get it, but when...

This is the stressful part that i always worry, when i will get it! Sometimes like waiting to die and yet don't know when i will die that kind of feeling. And i am also stress after got infected, will there be side effects which might affect my health and body in long run? I do not have such feeling during the Delta virus.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:53 PM, Guest guest said:

This is the stressful part that i always worry, when i will get it! Sometimes like waiting to die and yet don't know when i will die that kind of feeling. And i am also stress after got infected, will there be side effects which might affect my health and body in long run? I do not have such feeling during the Delta virus.

Side effect... 

https://www.todayonline.com/world/covid-19-infection-could-damage-testicles-harm-sex-drive-men-university-hong-kong-study-shows-1822696

On 2/22/2022 at 7:56 PM, singalion said:

February 2022 (just 21 days) there were 241,450 Covid infections and 103 deaths.

You still want to claim that the percentage does not change for above figures compared to each month or the last 28 days from the date the Minister Wong indicated the number?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-feb-21-new-cases-deaths-hospital-icu-moh-2510861

do maths for yourself and try not to make too many mistakes this time 

On 2/22/2022 at 9:15 PM, Nightingale said:

郑博隆医生 (西安市红会医院脊柱外科,副主任医师,北京大学医学博士):

千万别以为新冠病毒破坏的只是你的肺。我们曾经以为新冠病毒治愈以后,我们的身体就会恢复如初,但事实上并不是这样的。在英国首批康复的4万人当中约1/8的人在出院5个月内死亡,约1/3的人因为严重的并发症在半年内重新住院治疗,去年8月,国际顶级杂志“柳叶刀”发了一项研究,一年时间跟踪了1276名从武汉金银潭医院出院的新冠患者结果发现大部分患者恢复以后能基本正常生活,但健康状况仍比对照的健康人群差,包括抑郁,睡眠障碍,脱发,味觉和嗅觉的缺失,头痛,关节痛,部分患者还存在心血管损伤的迹象,可能导致心衰竭,甚至还有部分患者出现了生殖障碍。美国弗罗里达的一位患者新冠治疗痊愈后患上了一种极其罕见的后遗症:巨舌症,就是舌头很大,收不回去,后来医生切出了部分的舌头,才逐渐恢复了进食和说话的能力,英国伦敦帝国理工大学脑科学系研究发现在测试的8万多名新冠患者当中普遍存在智力下降的问题。其中最严重的患者智力下降了8.5,相当于大脑直接老化了10年。国际阿尔兹海默症协会副主席也指出新冠感染可能会导致持续性的认知损伤,甚至导致老年痴呆的症状,所以新冠不能简单看成是一种肺炎,更不是流感的加强版,而是一种综合征。它破坏的不仅仅是你的肺而是导致全身多脏器的损害,即使痊愈以后也会出现长期的后遗症。

Translation:

Dr. Zheng Bolong (Spine Surgery, Xi'an Red Cross Hospital, Deputy Chief Physician, Doctor of Medicine, Peking University):

Don't think that the new coronavirus is only destroying your lungs. We used to think that after the new corona virus was cured, our body would return to its original state, but in fact it is not the case. About 1/8 of the first 40,000 people who recovered in the UK died within 5 months of being discharged from the hospital, and about 1/3 were re-hospitalized within six months due to serious complications. In August last year, the top international magazine " The Lancet " published a study that tracked 1,276 COVID-19 patients who were discharged from Wuhan Jinyintan Hospital for a year and found that most of the patients were able to live a normal life after recovery, but their health status was still worse than that of healthy controls, including depression. , sleep disturbance, hair loss, loss of taste and smell, headache, joint pain, some patients also have signs of cardiovascular damage, which may lead to heart failure, and even some patients have reproductive disorders. A patient in Florida in the United States suffered from an extremely rare long term disease after recovering from the new corona treatment: macroglossia, that is, the tongue is too large and cannot be retracted. Later, the doctor cut out part of the tongue and gradually resumed eating and speaking. The ability of the Department of Brain Sciences at Imperial College London, UK, found that there is a general problem of mental decline among the more than 80,000 new crown patients tested. The most severe of these patients had a mental decline of 8.5, equivalent to 10 years of direct brain aging. The vice chairman of the International Alzheimer's Association also pointed out that the new corona infection may cause persistent cognitive impairment and even lead to symptoms of Alzheimer's disease, so the new corona cannot simply be regarded as a kind of pneumonia, let alone an enhanced version of the flu, but a syndrome. It destroys not just your lungs but causes damage to multiple organs throughout the body, with long-term effects even after recovery.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:07 PM, singalion said:

But this is always the case.

People even abuse the MC going to a doctor in non covid times.

For mild symptoms, what is there to see for a doctor?

If lucky you have a swollen nose, but can the doctor see your headache, fatigue, diarrhea and muscle pain???

People seek advice whether they can turn to a severe case or just want to know what is going on.

If you have a bump on your arm and don't know the origin and it is there after 2 days, don't you go to a doctor and ask what it could be and whether it is something serious?

I can feel for every infected person who fears ending up in hospital and just wants to know what is going on.

Don't people go to clinics when they have flu also?

people are fearful because of people spreading panic, exaggerating risk, etc.

If the system is overwhelmed, it is partly because people have lost all sense of proportion when it comes to covid and because the systems and protocols for handling covid are overly differentiated and complicated compared to any other equivalent health condition. 

If you are a normally healthy adult, did you previously normally go to the ED because you have a sore throat or a fever for a day or two? Do most generally healthy people go to a clinic for the flu? I don’t think so. 

On 2/22/2022 at 9:00 PM, Guest Fuck covid said:

Looks like some people here have no idea how percentages work 😂

One lesson of covid is that there needs to be more maths education in schools. 

It’s too late for some people here, unfortunately. 

On 2/22/2022 at 7:56 PM, singalion said:

OMG. I just did the maths for myself and guess what?! 

the death rates for the two time periods you mentioned are BOTH 0.04%

Would you believe it?

The numbers you used to make your point actually proved my point! Thank you! 😂 

You can now finally admit that you were wrong and that my number - 99.7% of cases being mild or asymptomatic -  is correct, is not outdated and we can FINALLY put this topic to rest now, don’t you? 

Guest Wide Berth
On 2/22/2022 at 8:53 AM, Guest Wtf said:

Have you considered just because most other countries except 2 countries are not taking the very restrictive approach don’t necessarily make them right. Eventually, these 2 countries may be proven right in their restrictive approach to save lives.

MOH is already asking for more volunteers and nurses to help out in public hospitals because of the surging number of people seeking help due to covid. Who are advising MOH to appeal for more resources? 

On 2/22/2022 at 10:29 PM, Guest Wtf said:

If you are a normally healthy adult, did you previously normally go to the ED because you have a sore throat or a fever for a day or two? Do most generally healthy people go to a clinic for the flu? I don’t think so. 

Surely people in Singapore go to a general practitioner if they have a flu or cold in order to get a MC.

I m not sure if you are living in Singapore.

On 2/22/2022 at 10:40 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Would you believe it?

You can now finally admit that you were wrong and that my number - 99.7% of cases being mild or asymptomatic -  is correct, is not outdated and we can FINALLY put this topic to rest now, don’t you? 

Are you sure?

Whom are you trying to convince when anyone can take a calculator to calculate the numbers on his own.

My point was that the MOH numbers indicating the percentages for mild/no symptoms, Oxygen, ICU and deaths have remained unchanged since it was published at that website.

a) Why is according to you the number now 0.04 and not 0.03 as 0.03 is indicated at MOH's website?

b) And does your calculation conform with the number stated at MOH?

The numbers from MOH's website are:

99.7% Had No or Mild Symptoms  0.2% Required Oxygen Supplementation 0.04% ICU  0.03% Died

https://www.moh.gov.sg/

Means 0.04 is the same as 0.03???

If it is 0.04 then why does it still show 0.03 at MOH's page?

And if it was 0.04 already in January 2022 (according to your calculation) then why is the number for the last 28 days at 0.03 ????

And MOH is not indicating numbers on rounded basis for the last digit. If it had done so, then all the time the number for the deaths should have indicated 0.04 instead of 0.03.

This is more conclusive material that the numbers have remained the same since they had been put up months ago and never have changed.

Only the number of total infections refers to the last 28 days and is updated daily.

b) Your calculation is also false.

As I said everyone can take a calculator and get to the results.

But your "calculation" is misrepresenting the real numbers.

The number for January 2022 is 0.03  

While the number for February (21 days) is 0.04

If deaths increase or remain at the same rate the next 6 days, the number will eventually increase to 0.05

Conclusion:

You contradicted yourself as you said it is 0.03 on MOH's website reflects updated numbers (now you post the number actually is 0.04).

I just indicated to you that the 0.03 indication at MOH's website does not reflect any update at all but perpetuated the number from the day it was posted at this section.

Unfortunately, the numbers in your last post do not prove your point at all.

Thanks for confirming that there are more leads that my observation was the correct one, namely the MOH percentage numbers remained unchanged since end of December 2021, when these numbers on ICU, oxygen supply and deaths had been published.

Edited by singalion

https://mothership.sg/2022/02/over-25000-covid-19-singapore/

A new record,  that is 0.5% of the population or every 200, one person kena covid in a day. 

Who is the one responsible for adding additional workload and stress to our health care workers?  Well, is very obvious. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Wide Berth
On 2/22/2022 at 10:29 PM, Guest Wtf said:

people are fearful because of people spreading panic, exaggerating risk, etc.

If the system is overwhelmed, it is partly because people have lost all sense of proportion when it comes to covid and because the systems and protocols for handling covid are overly differentiated and complicated compared to any other equivalent health condition. 

People are fearful because so many people are being infected with covid. Just yesterday on 22 Feb, there was a all-time record high of 26,032 cases in a single day. 

If the system is overwhelmed, it is because the existing restrictions are no longer sufficient to reduce the number of people from getting infected. 

Would normal healthy people get flu and if the flu lasts 1-2days, they still won’t go see a doctor and delay seeking treatment? Can normal people consider themselves medical experts or epidemiologist who can self-diagnose what is wrong with them?

On 2/22/2022 at 11:29 PM, singalion said:

Are you sure?

Whom are you trying to convince when anyone can take a calculator to calculate the numbers on his own.

My point was that the MOH numbers indicating the percentages for mild/no symptoms, Oxygen, ICU and deaths have remained unchanged since it was published at that website.

a) Why is according to you the number now 0.04 and not 0.03 as 0.03 is indicated at MOH's website?

b) And does your calculation conform with the number stated at MOH?

The numbers from MOH's website are:

99.7% Had No or Mild Symptoms  0.2% Required Oxygen Supplementation 0.04% ICU  0.03% Died

https://www.moh.gov.sg/

Means 0.04 is the same as 0.03???

If it is 0.04 then why does it still show 0.03 at MOH's page?

And if it was 0.04 already in January 2022 (according to your calculation) then why is the number for the last 28 days at 0.03 ????

And MOH is not indicating numbers on rounded basis for the last digit. If it had done so, then all the time the number for the deaths should have indicated 0.04 instead of 0.03.

This is more conclusive material that the numbers have remained the same since they had been put up months ago and never have changed.

Only the number of total infections refers to the last 28 days and is updated daily.

b) Your calculation is also false.

As I said everyone can take a calculator and get to the results.

But your "calculation" is misrepresenting the real numbers.

The number for January 2022 is 0.03  

While the number for February (21 days) is 0.04

If deaths increase or remain at the same rate the next 6 days, the number will eventually increase to 0.05

Conclusion:

You contradicted yourself as you said it is 0.03 on MOH's website reflects updated numbers (now you post the number actually is 0.04).

I just indicated to you that the 0.03 indication at MOH's website does not reflect any update at all but perpetuated the number from the day it was posted at this section.

Unfortunately, the numbers in your last post do not prove your point at all.

Thanks for confirming that there are more leads that my observation was the correct one, namely the MOH percentage numbers remained unchanged since end of December 2021, when these numbers on ICU, oxygen supply and deaths had been published.

do you understand what ‘last 28 days’ means?

my goodness, the amount of effort you are putting into not admitting you are wrong is surely admirable but I am not going to keep discussing this same topic endlessly with you.

If you don’t like the way numbers are calculated, take it up with MOH. In the meantime, I will continue to use the correct and current figure of 99.7% of cases being mild and asymptomatic and you can make up whatever number you like for yourself.

On 2/22/2022 at 10:31 PM, Guest Wtf said:

One lesson of covid is that there needs to be more maths education in schools. 

It’s too late for some people here, unfortunately. 

One lesson of covid is that Singaporeans are cheap and easily replaceable. There are needs for more to be done in the next election.  

It’s too late for some people here, unfortunately, since they or their love ones might already be dead from COVID by then.  

On 2/22/2022 at 9:00 PM, Guest Fuck covid said:

Looks like some people here have no idea how percentages work 😂

Looks like some people here have no idea how important Singaporean lives should be 🖕😑🖕

On 2/22/2022 at 3:10 AM, Guest Wtf said:

It is really better now to just admit you are wrong than to keep clutching at straws.

And people here don’t want to hear any more back and forth on this number. I have shown you the source, it is the official data. So now accept it and move on. If can’t accept it, go question MOH or at least provide credible sources for any alternative numbers you offer. 

I know someone who enjoys clutching at straws. 

Wrong?  This is impossible.  He shares some genes with the Holy Spirit, (if he is a Christian) and therefore he is in possession of the whole body of Universal Knowledge.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:40 AM, Guest Wtf said:

Would you believe it?

You are getting here a perfect training to become an actuarial.  After this, you should get a good job at an insurance company.

WHAT IS GOING ON in Singapore?   Over 20,000 infections in one day?  This is equivalent to over ONE MILLION daily infections in the US,  considering the ratio of populations.   But here in the US,  infections are going down fast!

My highest empathy with your covid situation.  Hopefully you are smarter than Americans and don't start dropping all precautions as soon as the numbers start coming down!

On 2/23/2022 at 9:27 AM, Steve5380 said:

My highest empathy with your covid situation.  Hopefully you are smarter than Americans and don't start dropping all precautions as soon as the numbers start coming down!

He is not just encouraging "dropping all precautions as soon as the numbers start coming down". He is also calling for the dropping of all precautions even as the numbers are CLIMBING. Even the Americans aren't as stupid as he is. Now you know why he is known as the retard?

On 2/22/2022 at 8:25 PM, Guest Guest said:

He is not just encouraging "dropping all precautions as soon as the numbers start coming down". He is also calling for the dropping of all precautions even as the numbers are CLIMBING. Even the Americans aren't as stupid as he is. Now you know why he is known as the retard?

Indeed this is a strange mentality.  But... who is this retard?

On 2/23/2022 at 9:27 AM, Steve5380 said:

You are getting here a perfect training to become an actuarial.  After this, you should get a good job at an insurance company.

WHAT IS GOING ON in Singapore?   Over 20,000 infections in one day?  This is equivalent to over ONE MILLION daily infections in the US,  considering the ratio of populations.   But here in the US,  infections are going down fast!

The main point is that Singapore and the US are at different points in their respective waves, that’s why US cases are currently falling (from a peak of 1.3 million on January 12) while Singapore cases are currently rising. Singapore case numbers have to peak before they can fall.

On 2/23/2022 at 12:09 PM, Guest Wtf said:

As usual, someone just wants to keep hiding the important fact that "Danish scientists reported this week that preliminary information suggests it may be 1.5 times more contagious than the original variant". 

Omicron was also less lethal than Delta, but yet Omicron has killed off more Singaporeans after it has opened up the economy under the false hope that Omicron is less lethal. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/omicron-ba2-variant-symptoms-us-b2020182.html

Guest Citizen
On 2/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, Guest Guest said:

As usual, someone just wants to keep hiding the important fact that "Danish scientists reported this week that preliminary information suggests it may be 1.5 times more contagious than the original variant". 

Omicron was also less lethal than Delta, but yet Omicron has killed off more Singaporeans after it has opened up the economy under the false hope that Omicron is less lethal. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/omicron-ba2-variant-symptoms-us-b2020182.html

PAP ministers lie all the time to do whatever they want to keep their rice bowls and advance themselves. Now they have even become murderers.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.