Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

On 3/5/2022 at 5:07 PM, sgmaven said:

I think if you ask the man on the street about COVID-19 this time last year, people would have told you that they hoped that they would escape being infected. Now, I think most would respond that it is just a matter of time before they get infected.

It has been clearly said that it is just a matter of time and that everyone can expect to get infected at some point. Covid is not going anywhere. 

On 3/5/2022 at 6:27 PM, Guest Guest said:

Have you been whacked so much and so hard in the head that you don't even know where your own goal is anymore?? HAHAHA!

But it's good that you have been whacked so hard, cos you FINALLY want to "take into account the transmissibility of delta and especially omicron compared to original strain", which is something you so conveniently forget each time you want to harp on that "low death rate". And here you are, telling others that he "doesn’t take into account the transmissibility of delta and especially omicron compared to original strain"! Look who's talking! Hahahahaha!  

please let me know your address so I can send you the ‘Totally Missing the Point’ trophy I have had made for you. 

they will do contactless delivery. 

On 3/5/2022 at 5:01 PM, Guest ffffffff said:

What has been done in the past is INEFFECTIVE. And current measures proving again the SAME. The infection figures speak very clearly.

Morons like you are so caught up in the covid narrative that any other way is not valid.

You want herd immunity? Remove all restrictions, let everyone mingle and natural immunity fight covid. You might as well right?

you should go read my comments again if you think I am caught up in some covid narrative. 

Guest ffffffff
On 3/5/2022 at 6:41 PM, Guest Wtf said:

you should go read my comments again if you think I am caught up in some covid narrative. 

Sure just read your verbal altercation with Guest. 

Guest Guest
On 3/5/2022 at 6:40 PM, Guest Wtf said:

please let me know your address so I can send you the ‘Totally Missing the Point’ trophy I have had made for you. 

they will do contactless delivery. 

Muahahaha!

It is indeed pretty hard to hit any flipping points made by the flipping prata-man when he tell others to sometimes "take into account the transmissibility of delta and especially omicron", and at other times, do NOT "take into account the transmissibility of delta and especially omicron" especially when he wants to focus that the death rate is low. 

How to hit any points like that? So you can keep it and go shove that "Totally Missing the Point" trophy down your own throat or up your own ass. 

On 3/5/2022 at 6:58 PM, Guest Guest said:

Muahahaha!

It is indeed pretty hard to hit any flipping points made by the flipping prata-man when he tell others to sometimes "take into account the transmissibility of delta and especially omicron", and at other times, do NOT "take into account the transmissibility of delta and especially omicron" especially when he wants to focus that the death rate is low. 

How to hit any points like that? So you can keep it and go shove that "Totally Missing the Point" trophy down your own throat or up your own ass. 

And another 🥅!!!!!!

On 3/5/2022 at 4:45 PM, sgmaven said:

Up till now, no one really has a deep understanding of the long-term impact of a COVID-19 infection on the body. We know that the SARS-CoV2 virus attacks the ACE-2 receptors in the body, but different variants seem to target the receptors in different parts of the body. Right now, most of the medical efforts have been focused on keeping those who have been infected from dying or requiring intubation, and much less has been done to study how the infection actually impacts the body in the longer term.

Already, researchers have noted the increased prevalence of diabetes amongst people who have had COVID-19. ACE-2 receptors are also found throughout the circulatory system, and attack by the SARS-CoV2 virus has been implicated for the prevalence of blood clots forming.

We all know that diabetes is a perpetual condition that requires life-long medication and care, so any increase in the incidence of diabetes in the general population will lead to an increase in overall healthcare costs. At the same time, the threat of blood clots forming in the blood vessels due to infection by the virus is a real one. And long term implications are not yet known.

Initially, the government undertook all healthcare costs of anyone infected with SARS-CoV2. Now, with the high number of infections, they are not even recording every case, or even asking all infected people to at least have a medical review post-infection and recovery.In other words, the cost of healthcare for this pandemic has been transferred from the government to every individual, right down to the Rapid Antigen Tests (unless you have been issued with a Health Risk Notification , the numbers of which have been drastically minimised).

In other words, those who contract long-term conditions like diabetes after recovering from COVID-19 can look forward to a lifetime of increased medical costs. The same with others who suffer from cardiac-related episodes post infection. And the government has quietly absolved themselves of the responsibility of looking after these patients, when it is them who allowed infection rates to go up by dismantling key control measures such as quarantine facilities, the primary use of PCR testing, as well as the shortening of quarantine/isolation periods.

I am sure someone in MOH has already done some models, but I do wonder if they have considered the increased burden of more diabetes cases, etc. into their calculations.

Let me reiterate. I am not advocating for a lock down, and it seems a little too late for that already, since PCR positivity rates have surged past 20% (remember when everyone was so worried about India when their Delta wave gave that kind of positivity rates?). However, I seriously wonder if anyone will be taken to task for the lack of proper ring-fencing of Omicron when it landed on our shores (by which time we already knew it was much more infectious)?

In most other countries, heads would have rolled, and people forced to resign. Meanwhile, in Singapore, these policy makers are still sitting pretty, when the healthcare workers are at wits end.

Unfortunately there is no such practice here, mess up in one ministry can just transfer to other ministry to continue further mess, well sporean agreed this should be the way to go. 

I am stunned when helthcare workers write in to MOH,  they didnt realised it is useless because the one that have added extra burden and stress to them is not the public but the govt. 

Long term effect?  Well, confirmed they will just say there is no evidence that the side effect is due to covid, remember every sporean got some underlying medical condition which they dont even know of if not for this pandemic.

On 3/5/2022 at 9:57 PM, lonelyglobe said:

https://mothership.sg/2022/03/singapore-nurse-exhaustion-ed/

Omicron maybe mild but the situation in hospital is no where near "mild".

yes, when are all the people who are unduly panicking about covid and visit the ED unnecessarily going to be more responsible and give healthcare workers a break, so they can focus on the people who actually need help? 

He added that while it was understandable that the older patients were coming in, there were also a lot of other individuals who were visiting the ED simply because they wanted a PCR test.

John has seen many patients who come in with very mild symptoms of Covid-19, who just wanted to be "extra careful" as they viewed PCR tests to be more accurate than the ART. This continues to happen even now.

The patients waiting 3 days for a ward bed are also because of walk in patients with mild symptoms???

Quote:

John shared that he's seen patients wait in the ED for a bed in the pandemic ward – a ward for those who are Covid-19 positive – for up to three days.

The ED can easily get clogged up, with nowhere to send the constant influx of patients arriving in ambulances or walking in.

Edited by singalion

On 3/5/2022 at 10:48 PM, singalion said:

The patients waiting 3 days for a ward bed are also because of walk in patients with mild symptoms???

Quote:

John shared that he's seen patients wait in the ED for a bed in the pandemic ward – a ward for those who are Covid-19 positive – for up to three days.

The ED can easily get clogged up, with nowhere to send the constant influx of patients arriving in ambulances or walking in.

why do they have pandemic wards for an endemic virus?

Again, over-complicated protocols and differentiated measures are part of the problem. 

Guest Guest

On 3/5/2022 at 10:30 PM, Guest Wtf said:

yes, when are all the people who are unduly panicking about covid and visit the ED unnecessarily going to be more responsible and give healthcare workers a break, so they can focus on the people who actually need help? 

He added that while it was understandable that the older patients were coming in, there were also a lot of other individuals who were visiting the ED simply because they wanted a PCR test.

John has seen many patients who come in with very mild symptoms of Covid-19, who just wanted to be "extra careful" as they viewed PCR tests to be more accurate than the ART. This continues to happen even now.

On referencing back of that part of the article you highlighted to us, I saw the part which you have deliberately hidden from us : 

"These days, John says he sees more elderly people coming in, including patients who are over 80.

And while hospitals in Singapore also had to respond to a surge last year, the majority of patients coming in then were in their 40s or 50s, and were more stable.

The increase in elderly patients — who typically have medical complications requiring greater care — has stretched resources.

The ED has had to open extra beds and ration portable oxygen tanks across multiple zones.

In addition, as the turnover rate has been slower, John noted that even in the ED, they’ve run out of trolleys for patients to lie down on.

John has seen many patients who come in with very mild symptoms of Covid-19, who just wanted to be "extra careful" as they viewed PCR tests to be more accurate than the ART. This continues to happen even now."

So, while you go pin things on people who wants to do PCR tests, the nurse himself has said: "The increase in elderly patients — who typically have medical complications requiring greater care — has stretched resources."  In other words, the virus has really creeped into the old and vulnerable community due to the "endemic living" conditions, as evidenced by the nurse words "last year, the majority of patients coming in then were in their 40s or 50s, and were more stable", compared to the current situation when "more elderly people coming in, including patients who are over 80." 

Looks like another self-goal on yourself!!

Guest Guest
On 3/6/2022 at 10:09 AM, Guest Wtf said:

Again, over-complicated protocols and differentiated measures are part of the problem. 

"why do they have pandemic wards for an endemic virus"??? 

How about it is simply because there are more caring people out there at the hospitals who want to ensure that the COVID virus do not exacerbate the underlying conditions of the other patients? And you want to do away with the pandemic wards??? 

Thank you for showing us your intentions was not just to have "endemic living" conditions in Singapore. You are trying to use this "endemic living" excuse to create more deaths in the country, particularly among the elderly and vulnerable, aren't you?

Just where exactly are your older relatives such as your parents? Are they already dead, or are they living in some less congested country where endemic living might be a better option than in Singapore. Is that why you couldn't care about the deaths in the local community, especially among the old and vulnerable? Was this what the old and vulnerable voted for when they went to the polling stations all those years in the past? Are you even a local? With whom does your loyalty lie exactly? 

This is far worse than just a self-goal here. This is as good as suicide since you have signed off your own credibility by pushing "endemic living" conditions even in the hospital wards! Well done! Come, I clap for you! 👏😒

On 3/6/2022 at 11:00 AM, Guest Guest said:

"why do they have pandemic wards for an endemic virus"??? 

How about it is simply because there are more caring people out there at the hospitals who want to ensure that the COVID virus do not exacerbate the underlying conditions of the other patients? And you want to do away with the pandemic wards??? 

Thank you for showing us your intentions was not just to have "endemic living" conditions in Singapore. You are trying to use this "endemic living" excuse to create more deaths in the country, particularly among the elderly and vulnerable, aren't you?

Just where exactly are your older relatives such as your parents? Are they already dead, or are they living in some less congested country where endemic living might be a better option than in Singapore. Is that why you couldn't care about the deaths in the local community, especially among the old and vulnerable? Was this what the old and vulnerable voted for when they went to the polling stations all those years in the past? Are you even a local? With whom does your loyalty lie exactly? 

This is far worse than just a self-goal here. This is as good as suicide since you have signed off your own credibility by pushing "endemic living" conditions even in the hospital wards! Well done! Come, I clap for you! 👏😒

just keep spinning that same old record… 

Guest Guest
On 3/6/2022 at 10:47 AM, Guest Guest said:

On referencing back of that part of the article you highlighted to us, I saw the part which you have deliberately hidden from us : 

"These days, John says he sees more elderly people coming in, including patients who are over 80.

And while hospitals in Singapore also had to respond to a surge last year, the majority of patients coming in then were in their 40s or 50s, and were more stable.

The increase in elderly patients — who typically have medical complications requiring greater care — has stretched resources.

The ED has had to open extra beds and ration portable oxygen tanks across multiple zones.

In addition, as the turnover rate has been slower, John noted that even in the ED, they’ve run out of trolleys for patients to lie down on.

John has seen many patients who come in with very mild symptoms of Covid-19, who just wanted to be "extra careful" as they viewed PCR tests to be more accurate than the ART. This continues to happen even now."

So, while you go pin things on people who wants to do PCR tests, the nurse himself has said: "The increase in elderly patients — who typically have medical complications requiring greater care — has stretched resources."  In other words, the virus has really creeped into the old and vulnerable community due to the "endemic living" conditions, as evidenced by the nurse words "last year, the majority of patients coming in then were in their 40s or 50s, and were more stable", compared to the current situation when "more elderly people coming in, including patients who are over 80." 

Looks like another self-goal on yourself!!

Wah .... I myself check documents or exam papers also not that detailed and thorough .... 👍😅

Guest Guest
On 3/6/2022 at 11:05 AM, Guest Wtf said:

just keep spinning that same old record… 

Another of your one-liner potshots when you need to retreat due to your lack of reasoning skills?  Yeah, that's your same old record. 

On 3/6/2022 at 11:22 AM, Guest Guest said:

Another of your one-liner potshots when you need to retreat due to your lack of reasoning skills?  Yeah, that's your same old record. 

‘Reasoning’? From you?

You, who can’t even differentiate or understand that it is possible for it to be true both that omicron and delta can be more transmissible and that the death rate of omicron can be lower.

And you, who can’t understand why I was pointing out to guest ffffff that cases are not higher because of people being vaccinated but because of a more transmissible variant?

And you, who thinks HK is currently doing a better job than Singapore despite all evidence provided? 

carry on making all your ‘where are you from’ and ‘your village’ and ‘death, panic, shit for brains’ comments but please don’t claim any reasoning, that is too much. 

Guest Guest
On 3/6/2022 at 12:13 PM, Guest Wtf said:

‘Reasoning’? From you?

You, who can’t even differentiate or understand that it is possible for it to be true both that omicron and delta can be more transmissible and that the death rate of omicron can be lower.

And you, who can’t understand why I was pointing out to guest ffffff that cases are not higher because of people being vaccinated but because of a more transmissible variant?

And you, who thinks HK is currently doing a better job than Singapore despite all evidence provided? 

carry on making all your ‘where are you from’ and ‘your village’ and ‘death, panic, shit for brains’ comments but please don’t claim any reasoning, that is too much. 

So, by "pointing out to guest ffffff that cases are not higher because of people being vaccinated but because of a more transmissible variant", are you NOW admitting that you KNOW the cases are indeed higher because of a more transmissible variant? ? 

But yet, even with that admission, you are still trying to hide behind and focus on some irrelevant numbers such as "death rate of omicron can be lower", when the actual number of deaths is on the rise, due to, in your own words, "omicron and delta can be more transmissible" which is the more important and relevant fact?? 

Talk about scoring another one of your own goal! Do you even know what you are talking about? Do you know where and what your own goal is? 

Now, comparing the situation in HK and Singapore, look at the phrases in the article at a super rare insight (which might soon be banned) describing the actual true situation in Singapore:

"The ED has had to open extra beds and ration portable oxygen tanks across multiple zones",

"John noted that even in the ED, they’ve run out of trolleys for patients to lie down on",

"With the manpower crunch and a surge in the number of cases, John shares that he has been abruptly asked to come back during his days off, making it hard to spend time with family and friends. Nurses who had just ended their morning shift could be asked to return to work just a few hours later, for the night shift."

"In the midst of the day-to-day struggle, the industry is also seeing an unprecedented wave of resignations. At the start of the year, about 15-20 nurses resigned from the ED alone; a substantial loss as the majority of those who left were experienced staff."

"A number were foreign healthcare workers, who wanted to go back to their families, while some were simply burnt out and needed rest."

"As a result, John shares that there are now more juniors than seniors on the ground, which further creates pressure on the remaining staff."

"Junior staff who come in during this period have to juggle between learning how the healthcare industry works, seeing a lot of patients everyday, and the handling of a constant incoming stream of tasks. Some overwhelmed juniors end up leaving as well."

Now, take a good look at the situation in HK: (Chinese mainland sends medical experts to help Hong Kong fight COVID-19) https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-02-18/Chinese-mainland-sends-medical-experts-help-Hong-Kong-fight-COVID-19-17KLODfgtkA/index.html 

So yeah, HK is handling their cases much better than Singapore, especially when Singapore is so reliant on foreigners to help fight their own war against COVID (and everything else), and people like you doesn't even want to volunteer your ass in the hospitals but just want to push for "endemic living" and push up the workloads at the hospitals. 

If carrying on to make all our ‘where are you from’ and ‘your village’ and ‘death, panic, shit for brains’ comments is too much for you, wait till you become the newest brand-holder of the title 叛徒走狗卖国贼 on BW. Someone else on BW can step aside and let you hold on to that title now!

Showing loyalty to another country is one matter; Causing deaths to Singaporeans, especially the old and vulnerable Singaporeans, trumps any other treacherous things that can be done, especially when these old and vulnerable Singaporeans were the one who built up the nation in the past. Now, they are just getting treated like some old rags to soak up the virus for you because you want to push for "endemic living"! 

Now, go fxxx off! 

On 3/6/2022 at 1:31 PM, Guest Guest said:

So, by "pointing out to guest ffffff that cases are not higher because of people being vaccinated but because of a more transmissible variant", are you NOW admitting that you KNOW the cases are indeed higher because of a more transmissible variant? ? 

But yet, even with that admission, you are still trying to hide behind and focus on some irrelevant numbers such as "death rate of omicron can be lower", when the actual number of deaths is on the rise, due to, in your own words, "omicron and delta can be more transmissible" which is the more important and relevant fact?? 

Talk about scoring another one of your own goal! Do you even know what you are talking about? Do you know where and what your own goal is? 

Now, comparing the situation in HK and Singapore, look at the phrases in the article at a super rare insight (which might soon be banned) describing the actual true situation in Singapore:

"The ED has had to open extra beds and ration portable oxygen tanks across multiple zones",

"John noted that even in the ED, they’ve run out of trolleys for patients to lie down on",

"With the manpower crunch and a surge in the number of cases, John shares that he has been abruptly asked to come back during his days off, making it hard to spend time with family and friends. Nurses who had just ended their morning shift could be asked to return to work just a few hours later, for the night shift."

"In the midst of the day-to-day struggle, the industry is also seeing an unprecedented wave of resignations. At the start of the year, about 15-20 nurses resigned from the ED alone; a substantial loss as the majority of those who left were experienced staff."

"A number were foreign healthcare workers, who wanted to go back to their families, while some were simply burnt out and needed rest."

"As a result, John shares that there are now more juniors than seniors on the ground, which further creates pressure on the remaining staff."

"Junior staff who come in during this period have to juggle between learning how the healthcare industry works, seeing a lot of patients everyday, and the handling of a constant incoming stream of tasks. Some overwhelmed juniors end up leaving as well."

Now, take a good look at the situation in HK: (Chinese mainland sends medical experts to help Hong Kong fight COVID-19) https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-02-18/Chinese-mainland-sends-medical-experts-help-Hong-Kong-fight-COVID-19-17KLODfgtkA/index.html 

So yeah, HK is handling their cases much better than Singapore, especially when Singapore is so reliant on foreigners to help fight their own war against COVID (and everything else), and people like you doesn't even want to volunteer your ass in the hospitals but just want to push for "endemic living" and push up the workloads at the hospitals. 

If carrying on to make all our ‘where are you from’ and ‘your village’ and ‘death, panic, shit for brains’ comments is too much for you, wait till you become the newest brand-holder of the title 叛徒走狗卖国贼 on BW. Someone else on BW can step aside and let you hold on to that title now!

Showing loyalty to another country is one matter; Causing deaths to Singaporeans, especially the old and vulnerable Singaporeans, trumps any other treacherous things that can be done, especially when these old and vulnerable Singaporeans were the one who built up the nation in the past. Now, they are just getting treated like some old rags to soak up the virus for you because you want to push for "endemic living"! 

Now, go fxxx off! 

thank you for confirming my point that reasoning is beyond you and giving yet another insight into the muddled soup of your ‘thoughts’.

now best you turn off your internet, shut the door of your shitty little covid-proof bunker or move to HK, because you are going to really struggle here when you see how covid will be handled in the next few months. 

On 3/6/2022 at 10:09 AM, Guest Wtf said:

Because people may die without treatment and because Omicron may infect other patients in hospital (in non covid wards) or in the worst nurses and doctors. 

That is why !

That is the reason why these Covid patients are separated from other patients in different wards.

Your response is a low point. 

Your view on Omicron/Covid is a bit too shortsighted and totally not following common sense. 

On 3/5/2022 at 6:38 PM, Guest Wtf said:

It has been clearly said that it is just a matter of time and that everyone can expect to get infected at some point. Covid is not going anywhere. 

Who said that?

You?

I didn't see that anyone said that everyone sooner or later everyone will be infected with Omicron. 

Please stop building myths. 

Edited by singalion

On 3/6/2022 at 1:54 PM, singalion said:

Who said that?

You?

I didn't see that anyone said that everyone sooner or later everyone will be infected with Omicron. 

Please stop building myths. 

nope, not me. Lawrence Wong was already saying it in October last year. Do try and keep up.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/sooner-later-many-catching-covid-lawrence-wong-112206219.html

On 3/6/2022 at 2:57 PM, Guest Wtf said:

nope, not me. Lawrence Wong was already saying it in October last year. Do try and keep up.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/sooner-later-many-catching-covid-lawrence-wong-112206219.html

Many is the same as everyone?

Lawrence Wong did not say everyone. 

'Sooner or later, many of us will end up catching' COVID: Lawrence Wong

SINGAPORE – Many people in Singapore will end up catching COVID-19, and there is no need to be fearful or embarrassed about it, said COVID multi-ministry taskforce (MTF) co-chair Lawrence Wong.

=>

Do try to read and understand what you read properly!

Edited by singalion

Guest Guest
On 3/6/2022 at 1:40 PM, Guest Wtf said:

thank you for confirming my point that reasoning is beyond you and giving yet another insight into the muddled soup of your ‘thoughts’.

now best you turn off your internet, shut the door of your shitty little covid-proof bunker or move to HK, because you are going to really struggle here when you see how covid will be handled in the next few months. 

Thank you for confirming our point that reasoning is beyond you and giving yet another evidence that retards like you just don't get it. We know how covid will be handled in the next few months. So what? Just because the idea of "endemic living" is dictated by a handful of policymakers, that doesn't mean that anyone else other than you will agree to it.

As a matter of fact, we are already aware of how they prioritize foreigners over Singaporeans' livelihood. This just provide another level of confirmation as to whether they value, not just the livelihood, but the LIVES of the very Singaporeans who had voted them into Parliament years after years, generations after generations. Each step they forces "endemic living" conditions onto us, each time a Singaporean gets infected, sick and perhaps even die from COVID, each time dozens more nails gets hammered into their own political coffins. 

You can try to argue that deaths to Singaporeans via COVID is the best way forward in the government's solution to handling the COVID-19 situation. But let's just see if those people whose family members got affected feel that those multi-millionaire Ministers really worth the money and whether they really got the COVID situation under control in the next election.

But again, who knows? Maybe the entire Singapore might have already been infected enough to get sufficient long-COVID retards like you to put them all back into Parliament. 

On 3/6/2022 at 3:59 PM, singalion said:

Many is the same as everyone?

Lawrence Wong did not say everyone. 

SINGAPORE – Many people in Singapore will end up catching COVID-19, and there is no need to be fearful or embarrassed about it, said COVID multi-ministry taskforce (MTF) co-chair Lawrence Wong.

=>

Do try to read and understand what you read properly!

The very definition of not being able to see the wood for the trees. 

On 3/6/2022 at 4:47 PM, Guest Guest said:

Thank you for confirming our point that reasoning is beyond you and giving yet another evidence that retards like you just don't get it. We know how covid will be handled in the next few months. So what? Just because the idea of "endemic living" is dictated by a handful of policymakers, that doesn't mean that anyone else other than you will agree to it.

As a matter of fact, we are already aware of how they prioritize foreigners over Singaporeans' livelihood. This just provide another level of confirmation as to whether they value, not just the livelihood, but the LIVES of the very Singaporeans who had voted them into Parliament years after years, generations after generations. Each step they forces "endemic living" conditions onto us, each time a Singaporean gets infected, sick and perhaps even die from COVID, each time dozens more nails gets hammered into their own political coffins. 

You can try to argue that deaths to Singaporeans via COVID is the best way forward in the government's solution to handling the COVID-19 situation. But let's just see if those people whose family members got affected feel that those multi-millionaire Ministers really worth the money and whether they really got the COVID situation under control in the next election.

But again, who knows? Maybe the entire Singapore might have already been infected enough to get sufficient long-COVID retards like you to put them all back into Parliament. 

How is it that you think you know someone’s politics from their views on covid?

btw, it’s 2022. Nobody with an ounce of intelligence uses ‘retard’ as an insult anymore, for good reason. Go and educate yourself, rather than trolling and sharing all your ignorance, jealousy and resentment on here. You never know, things might just get better for you if you do. 

Guest Guest
On 3/6/2022 at 5:11 PM, Guest Wtf said:

How is it that you think you know someone’s politics from their views on covid?

btw, it’s 2022. Nobody with an ounce of intelligence uses ‘retard’ as an insult anymore, for good reason. Go and educate yourself, rather than trolling and sharing all your ignorance, jealousy and resentment on here. You never know, things might just get better for you if you do. 

Since you put it that way, then nobody is insulting you by calling you a "retard", because that's just what you are. Welcome to 2022 and beyond. 

On 3/6/2022 at 2:57 PM, Guest Wtf said:

On 3/6/2022 at 5:05 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Are you saying "everyone" and "many" have the same meaning? 

Just go ahead and embarrass yourself here even more. 

It is a fact that Minister Lawrence Wong did not say "everyone" but "many". 

Everyone means all persons. Many refers to a large number of but not all. 

It is at least the 15th time you had been caught misrepresenting facts at this thread. 

If you had been TOC I know what would have followed. 

It also shows that you don't have the humbleness to correct your error. 

SINGAPORE – Many people in Singapore will end up catching COVID-19, and there is no need to be fearful or embarrassed about it, said COVID multi-ministry taskforce (MTF) co-chair Lawrence Wong.

Be more humble, everyone at BW can see your misrepresentation.

On 3/6/2022 at 5:05 PM, Guest Wtf said:

If you have an issue in differentiating the words "everyone" from "many", here is some help:

many
adjective, pronoun

comparative more | superlative most

a large number (of), or a lot (of):

everyone
pronoun

(also everybody)

every person:

Hopefully, you can see the trees better now and not just wood!

What did the Minister say?

S'pore reports 13,158 new Covid-19 cases with 1,437 patients hospitalised

ST, 6 March 2022

SINGAPORE - The total number of daily Covid-19 cases and those in hospital continued to fall on Sunday (March 6), with 13,158 total cases and 1,437 people hospitalised.

This is down from 16,274 infections and 1,559 hospitalisations a day earlier.

On Sunday, there were 47 patients in the intensive care unit, down from the 48 the previous day, while 190 patients required oxygen support.

Five deaths were reported on Sunday, down from six the day before.

On 3/6/2022 at 6:17 PM, singalion said:

Are you saying "everyone" and "many" have the same meaning? 

Just go ahead and embarrass yourself here even more. 

It is a fact that Minister Lawrence Wong did not say "everyone" but "many". 

Everyone means all persons. Many refers to a large number of but not all. 

It is at least the 15th time you had been caught misrepresenting facts at this thread. 

If you had been TOC I know what would have followed. 

It also shows that you don't have the humbleness to correct your error. 

SINGAPORE – Many people in Singapore will end up catching COVID-19, and there is no need to be fearful or embarrassed about it, said COVID multi-ministry taskforce (MTF) co-chair Lawrence Wong.

Be more humble, everyone at BW can see your misrepresentation.

15th time?! Please do share more about which facts those might be…. 

wtaf are you talking about? 😂 

Guest Guest
On 3/6/2022 at 11:13 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Not only him, those involved and who have not done a good job,it cant always be the commoner kena, so far a few MP kena already. 

They will get special treatment one la. Remember the $8 heart bypass surgery?

No oxygen tank also will get them 24 hour human mouth-to-mouth oxygen transfer; no trolleys to use also will replace it with actual beds; no nurses will also get senior consultants to push the beds for them.

That's why they won't care about common people like us. 

Guest Guest2
On 3/6/2022 at 11:29 PM, Guest Guest said:

They will get special treatment one la. Remember the $8 heart bypass surgery?

No oxygen tank also will get them 24 hour human mouth-to-mouth oxygen transfer; no trolleys to use also will replace it with actual beds; no nurses will also get senior consultants to push the beds for them.

That's why they won't care about common people like us. 

But common people are rushing to A&E without any symptoms.. so how ?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/im-exhausted-my-mind-is-a-blank-a-day-in-the-life-of-a-gp-during-the-omicron-surge

Even when people dont rush to hospital,  they will jammed up neighbourhood GP. 

We have been told everything under control or was it just everything swept under the carpet? We only get the real picture when interview with the health worker themselves who are at the frontline, not those sitting comfortably inside airconditioned office. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Guest
On 3/7/2022 at 8:29 AM, Guest Guest2 said:

But common people are rushing to A&E without any symptoms.. so how ?

How? LOCKDOWN terok terok lor!No spread = no overloading of hospitals!  Happy?

Otherwise, what are you trying to say? Common people are rushing to A&E without any symptoms, so people like those who had enjoyed $8 heart bypass surgery should get further priority treatment, especially since they are the one who caused the mess in the first place? 

Guest Guest
On 3/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, sgmaven said:

Hong Kong's death rate is due to the low vaccination rates amongst the older segment of the population.

... and also the fact that it is a place where the population density is one of the highest in the world. Singapore might be the only one or two countries in the world that is higher than HK's.

So someone may go ahead to bash HK just to boost his own ego now, but wait till the situation in Singapore gets worse in the future than how it already is, even if it is not due to this current BA.1 strain and it due to any newer strains such as the BA.2 strain.

HK, together with all those medical support from mainland China, will be the ones having the last laugh when they go around the world begging for more volunteers and medical aids in the hospital. Maybe only then, some people will see the precarious state Singapore already is. Lol.

S'pore reports 13,520 new Covid-19 cases with 1,477 patients hospitalised

Published 7 Mar 2022

SINGAPORE - Daily Covid-19 cases and hospitalisations in Singapore on Monday (March 7) inched slightly upwards to a total of 13,520 new cases and 1,477 people hospitalised, after falling since the start of March.

There were 13,158 infections and 1,437 people hospitalised the day before.

There were 54 patients in the intensive care unit on Monday.

Six deaths were reported on Monday, up from five the day before.

On 3/8/2022 at 5:56 PM, jlone said:

Omg, I think this will never end !

Jesus saves !

Relax...

But numbers seem to go down.

Also the death numbers are lower the past 2 days.

Hopefully it will continue going down.

A little warning from Europe, infection numbers went down but when the Governments withdraw Covid-19 restrictive measures,  the past few days, infection numbers with Omicron increasing again.

=> Maybe better for the government to be more cautious and stick to the current restrictions longer than initially planned.

On 3/8/2022 at 2:27 PM, Guest Guest said:

... and also the fact that it is a place where the population density is one of the highest in the world. Singapore might be the only one or two countries in the world that is higher than HK's.

So someone may go ahead to bash HK just to boost his own ego now, but wait till the situation in Singapore gets worse in the future than how it already is, even if it is not due to this current BA.1 strain and it due to any newer strains such as the BA.2 strain.

HK, together with all those medical support from mainland China, will be the ones having the last laugh when they go around the world begging for more volunteers and medical aids in the hospital. Maybe only then, some people will see the precarious state Singapore already is. Lol.

Nevermind,  HK people can escape to SG via the VTL, there is still lots of bed space available here. 

Thats exactly what we have seen and read from the local media almost everyday,  why the sudden interest in HK? Because only when compare to the worst countries, then it make SG a "success" story in combating covid.

Why not compare to Taiwan,  Newzealand or even Brunei? Why not compare with the west, removed all restrictions and became a truly endemic living country, first in Asia.  Still need to trace together for what,  really WTF. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 3/8/2022 at 6:31 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Nevermind,  HK people can escape to SG via the VTL, there is still lots of bed space available here. 

Sorry man, according to those old folks who got covid and called for ambulance but was told to recover at home  instead becos there are no bed at all. If admitted, they will just wait endlessly n maybe die faster than to recover at home.

So u know how bad is the situation now.

I have a friend who has been serving his reservist ICT at a hospital at the moment. Let's just say that the situation in our hospitals is dire. If any of you realise how bad it is, I think you would hold your tongue and not speak ill of other countries. It is just a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Слава Україні!

Guest Guest
On 3/8/2022 at 6:23 PM, singalion said:

Relax...

But numbers seem to go down.

Also the death numbers are lower the past 2 days.

Hopefully it will continue going down.

A little warning from Europe, infection numbers went down but when the Governments withdraw Covid-19 restrictive measures,  the past few days, infection numbers with Omicron increasing again.

=> Maybe better for the government to be more cautious and stick to the current restrictions longer than initially planned.

How can you relax when every day so many people getting infected due to COVID and many are dying too !

I repeat, the only solution to stop the spread is total lockdown till December 2022

S'pore reports 22,201 new Covid-19 cases with 1,499 patients hospitalised

Published 8 Mar 2022

SINGAPORE - Daily new Covid-19 infections and hospitalisations in Singapore rose on Tuesday (March 8), with the total number of new cases at 22,201 and 1,499 people hospitalised.

There were 49 patients in the intensive care unit on Tuesday.

There were 15 deaths reported on Tuesday, up from six on Monday.

As at Tuesday, Singapore has recorded a total of 868,542 Covid-19 cases, with 1,099 deaths.

Guest Guest
On 3/8/2022 at 10:28 PM, Guest Guest said:

How can you relax when every day so many people getting infected due to COVID and many are dying too !

I repeat, the only solution to stop the spread is total lockdown till December 2022

Lockdown not only till December 2022, but until as and when the policymakers get a grip on the situation! 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.