Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

Guest Guest
On 3/2/2022 at 4:13 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Can you really not read?

On average, around 21,000 people die every single year in Singapore. The ‘additional’ in my sentence refers to those deaths that are in addition to the 1,030 covid deaths. The time period for covid deaths is about two years, so 40,000 additional deaths during that time would be about right, given the data available:

https://www.healthhub.sg/a-z/health-statistics/4/principal-causes-of-death

Wow! So basically, within 2 years, death due to COVID has made it into the top 10 causes of mortality in Singapore, and it is actually a condition which can be limited and controlled? Or are you going to hide and re-classify all those COVID-deaths to be caused by those "underlying conditions"? 

In the 1960s and 1970s or even 1800s when infectious diseases like leprosy was running rampant in the community, the government gets so scared and do everything they can to save lives. Now, they just let people die, even when it is now one of the top 10 causes of mortality in Singapore! 

Things have really regressed pretty far in the country, hasn't it? Thank you once again for scoring into your own goal by showing us where COVID-deaths stand, in terms of the Principal Causes of Death in Singapore. 

You are really as stupid as it can be! 

S'pore's Covid-19 weekly infection growth rate drops to 0.98 with 19,159 new cases

Published 2 Mar 2022

A total of 19,159 new Covid-19 cases were reported on Wednesday, down from 24,080 infections the day before.

Last Wednesday, Singapore reported 20,312 cases, a day after the record high of 26,032 cases last Tuesday.

There were 1,708 patients in hospital on Wednesday, down from 1,726 on Tuesday, said MOH.

The number of patients in the intensive care unit dropped slightly to 51, down from 53 the previous day, while 215 patients required oxygen support.

Ten deaths were reported on Wednesday, one fewer than on Tuesday.

Forgot about it yesterday. 

This for today. 

On 3/2/2022 at 11:32 PM, Guest Guest said:

Yes, HK and NZ dealt with the COVID control extremely well, such that even with the surge in the Omicron cases, they started with a low count and still ended up with a lower case count and lower death count than Singapore.

And as a matter of fact, thank you for pointing out the recent surge in the HK and NZ cases! Because it only goes to prove one thing: the one and only proven way to control the surge of the Omicron variant and any more new variant is to TIGHTEN THE CONTROLS EVEN FURTHER! 

No expenses should be spared to save human lives. If anyone is to die, it should be those who wanted to open the economy for their own selfish purposes! 

LOL! Thank you for letting us know that the measures in NZ and HK are not even good enough, just so that you can have an excuse to tell us to give up the fight and the resistance against COVID! You just shot into your own goal here! And like what was mentioned before, you really cast doubt on yourself as to whom your loyalty lies with.

you can’t even understand the difference between ‘dealt’ and ‘dealing’ - again, proving it is a waste of time to argue with you because your comprehension skills make it impossible. 

Guest Guest
On 3/3/2022 at 8:10 AM, Guest Wtf said:

you can’t even understand the difference between ‘dealt’ and ‘dealing’ - again, proving it is a waste of time to argue with you because your comprehension skills make it impossible. 

My oh my! Using grammar as another single line potshot while you retreat?

OK, sure. Since I am having so much fun bashing you, let's talk about how HK and NZ are still "dealing" with the situation better: Singapore hospitals are having manpower shortages to the extent that your favorite jinx Minister of Health, who created the entire mess by pushing for such "endemic living" situation in the first place, is going around begging healthcare workers not to quit and praying for volunteers to go help out at the hospitals. Have you seen anyone dong that in NZ and HK yet? How's that for NZ and HK "dealing" with the situation much better? 

Happy now? 

S'pore's Covid-19 weekly infection growth rate at 0.98 with 18,162 new cases

Published 3 Mar 2022

SINGAPORE - The Covid-19 weekly infection growth rate remained below one at 0.98 on Thursday (March 3),

A total of 18,162 new Covid-19 cases was reported on Thursday, down from 19,159 infections on Wednesday.

There were 1,685 patients in hospital on Thursday, down from 1,708 on Wednesday, said MOH.

The number of patients in the intensive care unit rose slightly to 53, up from 51 the previous day, while 232 patients required oxygen support.

Nine deaths were reported on Thursday, down from 10 the day before.

On 3/4/2022 at 8:24 AM, Guest Guest said:

My oh my! Using grammar as another single line potshot while you retreat?

OK, sure. Since I am having so much fun bashing you, let's talk about how HK and NZ are still "dealing" with the situation better: Singapore hospitals are having manpower shortages to the extent that your favorite jinx Minister of Health, who created the entire mess by pushing for such "endemic living" situation in the first place, is going around begging healthcare workers not to quit and praying for volunteers to go help out at the hospitals. Have you seen anyone dong that in NZ and HK yet? How's that for NZ and HK "dealing" with the situation much better? 

Happy now? 

rather than spending your time embarrassing yourself on here, why not do a simple Google search before you make ridiculous statements that HK is dealing well with covid:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-01/hong-kong-virus-deaths-among-world-s-worst-on-at-risk-elderly

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/covid-19-hong-kong-transport-operators-supermarkets-cut-services-as-cases-surge

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-03-03/coronavirus-daily-deteriorating-conditions-in-hong-kong

https://hongkongfp.com/2022/03/03/chaotic-policies-fear-overloaded-hospitals-why-some-hongkongers-are-keeping-their-covid-infection-from-the-govt/

https://amp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3169154/coronavirus-hong-kong-medical-workers-share

Guest Guest
On 3/4/2022 at 10:06 AM, Guest Wtf said:

Sure, of course everyone everywhere is overwhelmed. Who isn't? You mean Singapore isn't? But did HK healthcare workers all started quitting like the way the Singapore healthcare workers did, because there was no light at the end of the tunnel but there are lots of patients buildup there? So how are they not dealing with the situation better? 

Besides, let's just say that I agree with you (only for the sake of bashing you) and say HK is not holding up better than Singapore despite their COVID restrictions, then it just goes to prove one point: Singapore should do an even stricter lockdown than what they have in HK to prevent the Omicron spread, isn't it? Hahahaha! 

Rather than spending your time embarrassing yourself here by scoring into your own goal over and over again, why not heed the call of your jinx Minister and go volunteer your services at the hospital to clean up the shit of the COVID patients whom you had put in there? 

On 3/4/2022 at 10:43 AM, Guest Guest said:

Sure, of course everyone everywhere is overwhelmed. Who isn't? You mean Singapore isn't? But did HK healthcare workers all started quitting like the way the Singapore healthcare workers did, because there was no light at the end of the tunnel but there are lots of patients buildup there? So how are they not dealing with the situation better? 

Besides, let's just say that I agree with you (only for the sake of bashing you) and say HK is not holding up better than Singapore despite their COVID restrictions, then it just goes to prove one point: Singapore should do an even stricter lockdown than what they have in HK to prevent the Omicron spread, isn't it? Hahahaha! 

Rather than spending your time embarrassing yourself here by scoring into your own goal over and over again, why not heed the call of your jinx Minister and go volunteer your services at the hospital to clean up the shit of the COVID patients whom you had put in there? 

I guess literally all the articles were too complicated for you, if you still believe HK is holding up better than Singapore. 

Again, no need to for me to discuss this with you and embarrass you further by highlighting your ignorance yet again. You are already doing a great job embarrassing yourself with each post you make and are scoring own goal after own goal. 

Guest Guest
On 3/4/2022 at 12:02 PM, Guest Wtf said:

I guess literally all the articles were too complicated for you, if you still believe HK is holding up better than Singapore. 

Again, no need to for me to discuss this with you and embarrass you further by highlighting your ignorance yet again. You are already doing a great job embarrassing yourself with each post you make and are scoring own goal after own goal. 

I guess all the articles were too complicated for you when the Singapore government went around begging for nurses and volunteers, and telling people not to see the GPs and doctors. 

Yes, HK is holding up much better, especially when China is backing it up so seriously and will never let it fall. And who went to back up the Singapore hospitals when all those nurses quit? Not the locals like you, and especially not those foreign nurses who left for home. LOL!  

Good luck thinking that HK and NZ is not handling it better! 

On 3/4/2022 at 1:43 PM, Guest Guest said:

I guess all the articles were too complicated for you when the Singapore government went around begging for nurses and volunteers, and telling people not to see the GPs and doctors. 

Yes, HK is holding up much better, especially when China is backing it up so seriously and will never let it fall. And who went to back up the Singapore hospitals when all those nurses quit? Not the locals like you, and especially not those foreign nurses who left for home. LOL!  

🥅 

On 3/4/2022 at 1:43 PM, Guest Guest said:

I am not sure we have the same understand of the meaning of the word ‘better’.

is this what ‘better’ looks like to you? Rationing in supermarkets and pharmacies, running out of oxygen in hospitals, people escaping, etc etc etc  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-03/hong-kong-residents-escape-to-singapore-as-covid-lockdown-looms

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/04/hong-kong-shops-ration-food-and-drugs-to-curb-panic-buying-amid-covid-lockdown-fears

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kongs-nursing-homes-are-unvaccinated-hotbeds-of-covid-19

You must have a very different understanding of ‘better’ than most people 

Guest Guest
On 3/4/2022 at 2:16 PM, Guest Wtf said:

I am not sure we have the same understand of the meaning of the word ‘better’.

is this what ‘better’ looks like to you? Rationing in supermarkets and pharmacies, running out of oxygen in hospitals, people escaping, etc etc etc  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-03/hong-kong-residents-escape-to-singapore-as-covid-lockdown-looms

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/04/hong-kong-shops-ration-food-and-drugs-to-curb-panic-buying-amid-covid-lockdown-fears

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kongs-nursing-homes-are-unvaccinated-hotbeds-of-covid-19

You must have a very different understanding of ‘better’ than most people 

Don't make me laugh. If other countries would have taken in flights from Singapore, Singaporeans and all the foreigners would have gotten to everywhere else also already. As a matter of fact, there were also articles talking about foreigners in Singapore making a beeline to leave the country during the pandemic period. As a matter of fact, several countries even listed Singapore to be an undesirable country to fly to and from during the country's pandemic period too. And didn't 🇺🇸 even listed Singapore's situation as been dangerously unknown for a while, till some Singapore ministers need to fly over to lie to the Americans that the Singapore government has a handle on the situation, even while the number of people infected per million population in Singapore became one of the highest in the world for countries of a meaningful size population?

And here someone is saying the HK is doing worse than SG? This reminds me of the time when that "xiasuay" remark was made. Like what some people had said in the past: Karma is watching. After so many insults from Singaporeans like you, HK deserves the chance to laugh at you again and again. Sg really deserves another lesson just so to whack people's arrogance like yours down by another notch or two. 

On 3/4/2022 at 3:04 PM, Guest Guest said:

Don't make me laugh. If other countries would have taken in flights from Singapore, Singaporeans and all the foreigners would have gotten to everywhere else also already. As a matter of fact, there were also articles talking about foreigners in Singapore making a beeline to leave the country during the pandemic period. As a matter of fact, several countries even listed Singapore to be an undesirable country to fly to and from during the country's pandemic period too. And didn't 🇺🇸 even listed Singapore's situation as been dangerously unknown for a while, till some Singapore ministers need to fly over to lie to the Americans that the Singapore government has a handle on the situation, even while the number of people infected per million population in Singapore became one of the highest in the world for countries of a meaningful size population?

And here someone is saying the HK is doing worse than SG? This reminds me of the time when that "xiasuay" remark was made. Like what some people had said in the past: Karma is watching. After so many insults from Singaporeans like you, HK deserves the chance to laugh at you again and again. Sg really deserves another lesson just so to whack people's arrogance like yours down by another notch or two. 

You know it’s 2022, right? Because it seems like you are totally living in the past.

Make sure to update the calendar in your covid-proof bunker! 

On 3/4/2022 at 10:06 AM, Guest Wtf said:

Why do  we need to compare Hong Kong with Singapore?

We do not know what vaccinations they take ( at least I did not check).

Hong Kong has been trying to close borders to foreigners but still caught the Omicron Wave.

It is a result of the highly transmissible Omicron.

According to the media it was  brought to Hong Kong by two flight attendants from the HK airline, who flouted the social distancing rules and also at a Quarantine facility, where surprisingly the virus started spreading.

From what I read, elderly in HK seem to have a very low vaccination rate, therefore it is expected that HK will suffer up to 3,500 deaths.

The Omicron death rate in percentage would be approximately at 0.05. (rounded) to the total population.

On 3/4/2022 at 3:50 PM, singalion said:

Why do  we need to compare Hong Kong with Singapore?

We do not know what vaccinations they take ( at least I did not check).

Hong Kong has been trying to close borders to foreigners but still caught the Omicron Wave.

It is a result of the highly transmissible Omicron.

According to the media it was  brought to Hong Kong by two flight attendants from the HK airline, who flouted the social distancing rules and also at a Quarantine facility, where surprisingly the virus started spreading.

From what I read, elderly in HK seem to have a very low vaccination rate, therefore it is expected that HK will suffer up to 3,500 deaths.

The Omicron death rate in percentage would be approximately at 0.05. (rounded) to the total population.

We are comparing Hong Kong to Singapore because a moronic guest guest is convinced that Hong Kong is currently handling covid better than Singapore.

more the question is why you are gatekeeping (again) and inserting yourself in this topic if you haven’t read the posts, don’t understand why the topic is being addressed and have nothing to add to it? 

If you want to manage the discussion on this public forum, please go ahead and become a moderator, rather than trying to manage it from the sidelines.

Guest Guest
On 3/4/2022 at 3:15 PM, Guest Wtf said:

You know it’s 2022, right? Because it seems like you are totally living in the past.

Make sure to update the calendar in your covid-proof bunker! 

Yeah, Covid has eaten away your brains and you don't even remember what happened just around 2 years ago. Do you need everyone else to become as stupid as you so that your favorite party can win some elections two years later? Nice try, but it's not working. 

On 3/4/2022 at 4:15 PM, singalion said:

😱

Some people here have to complain about everything...

I only made my point.    .

(Since when did I say that I am a "manager" of this thread? )

indeed some people are here to complain about everything, it seems.

and what was your point? Because it sounded like ‘I think this but I am not sure because I didn’t check but why are you guys talking about it here anyway?’ 

Guest Guest
On 3/4/2022 at 5:44 PM, Guest Guest said:

Each time I visit this thread every 1-2 days, I still see debates ("virtual war" 😱) still ongoing ... you guys really got stamina! 赞!👍

No effort can ever be deemed too much, when it comes to slapping the mouth of that one guy who just loves to badmouth other countries. 

On 3/4/2022 at 7:44 PM, Guest Guest said:

No effort can ever be deemed too much, when it comes to slapping the mouth of that one guy who just loves to badmouth other countries. 

Another own 🥅 

Guest Guest
On 3/4/2022 at 7:44 PM, Guest Guest said:

Well said! It's quite a miracle that the Chinese government did not call in the Singapore ambassador to answer for the "xiasuay" comment last time. And now, people like Wtf is trying to stir more shit by going around claiming that other countries are doing badly? This is really bring shame to his own country! 

On 3/4/2022 at 9:07 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Another own 🥅 

Do you even know where your own goal is? 🤦‍♂️

Guest Guest
On 3/4/2022 at 9:50 PM, jlone said:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-extend-vtl-vietnam-greece-cities-malaysia-indonesia-india-082721371.html

More cities and more freely soon !

Will be opened to all cities in India 

The target is to get every single person on the island infected, including the old and vulnerable, regardless if they are vaccinated or unvaccinated, regardless if they may die or they don't, regardless if they will suffer long-COVID symptoms or they don't, regardless if the same person gets infected again and again or they just get it once. 

Remember this during the next election. 

On 3/4/2022 at 9:58 PM, Guest Guest said:

Well said! It's quite a miracle that the Chinese government did not call in the Singapore ambassador to answer for the "xiasuay" comment last time. And now, people like Wtf is trying to stir more shit by going around claiming that other countries are doing badly? This is really bring shame to his own country! 

Do you even know where your own goal is? 🤦‍♂️

do spend your 50c wisely 

Guest guest
On 3/4/2022 at 9:50 PM, jlone said:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-extend-vtl-vietnam-greece-cities-malaysia-indonesia-india-082721371.html

More cities and more freely soon !

Will be opened to all cities in India 

They opened to so many VTL and yet no open up further on the VDS in the community. I really cannot understand the logic behind?

On 3/4/2022 at 11:08 PM, Guest guest said:

They opened to so many VTL and yet no open up further on the VDS in the community. I really cannot understand the logic behind?

VTL got economic value, need to save SIA and changi airport from bankruptcy. Also need to get in the workers, talents and investment. 

Removing restrictions  have little or zero economic value, so dont waste time. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 3/4/2022 at 11:34 PM, sgmaven said:

Actually, at this point in time, I would be worried if I was in a city that had VTL arrangements with Singapore!

most of the rest of the world has already moved on, practically and psychologically.  

Guest Guest
On 3/5/2022 at 10:28 AM, Guest Wtf said:

most of the rest of the world has already moved on, practically and psychologically.  

Does most of the rest of the world have a population density of 8,371/km² ?  

Guest ffffffff

This covid seems to be spreading like wildfire. A year ago, no one I know got covid. Now it seems most people I know got it. 

Some more 90% vaccinated...

On 3/5/2022 at 11:28 AM, Guest ffffffff said:

This covid seems to be spreading like wildfire. A year ago, no one I know got covid. Now it seems most people I know got it. 

errrrr, have you heard of delta or omicron? 😂 

Number of new Covid-19 cases falls to 17,564 in S'pore; hospitalised patient numbers dip to 1,678

Published 4 Mar 2022, 10:53 pm SGT

SINGAPORE - The total number of daily Covid-19 cases and those in hospital continued to fall on Friday (March 4), with 17,564 total cases and 1,678 people hospitalised.

This is down from 18,162 infections and 1,685 hospitalisations a day earlier.

The number of patients in the intensive care unit dropped to 45, down from 53 the previous day, while 211 patients required oxygen support.

Eighteen deaths were reported on Friday, up from nine the day before.

On 3/5/2022 at 1:15 PM, Guest ffffffff said:

errrr, have you heard of umbrella terms? lol 

sure. So what point were you actually trying to make with the comment below?

On 3/5/2022 at 11:28 AM, Guest ffffffff said:

Guest ffffffff
On 3/5/2022 at 2:36 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Don't understand English izit?

Guest ffffffff
On 3/5/2022 at 2:36 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Let me make it clearer for you. When we had low vaccination rates, the positive cases were around less than 50. Now with 90 percent of the population  fully vaccinated, cases of infection skyrocket to 10/20 thousand a day.

Any point with all the restriction, inconveniences and threats to livelihoods and shopping mall sanctions?

On 3/5/2022 at 3:24 PM, Guest ffffffff said:

Let me make it clearer for you. When we had low vaccination rates, the positive cases were around less than 50. Now with 90 percent of the population  fully vaccinated, cases of infection skyrocket to 10/20 thousand a day.

Any point with all the restriction, inconveniences and threats to livelihoods and shopping mall sanctions?

yes, I thought that was your point.

And it is an idiotic one because it doesn’t take into account the transmissibility of delta and especially omicron compared to original strain. It also doesn’t take into account the societal restrictions that were in place when cases were 50 a day or lower.

correlation is not causation, no matter how mush anti-vaxxers try and insist it is. 

Up till now, no one really has a deep understanding of the long-term impact of a COVID-19 infection on the body. We know that the SARS-CoV2 virus attacks the ACE-2 receptors in the body, but different variants seem to target the receptors in different parts of the body. Right now, most of the medical efforts have been focused on keeping those who have been infected from dying or requiring intubation, and much less has been done to study how the infection actually impacts the body in the longer term.

Already, researchers have noted the increased prevalence of diabetes amongst people who have had COVID-19. ACE-2 receptors are also found throughout the circulatory system, and attack by the SARS-CoV2 virus has been implicated for the prevalence of blood clots forming.

We all know that diabetes is a perpetual condition that requires life-long medication and care, so any increase in the incidence of diabetes in the general population will lead to an increase in overall healthcare costs. At the same time, the threat of blood clots forming in the blood vessels due to infection by the virus is a real one. And long term implications are not yet known.

Initially, the government undertook all healthcare costs of anyone infected with SARS-CoV2. Now, with the high number of infections, they are not even recording every case, or even asking all infected people to at least have a medical review post-infection and recovery.In other words, the cost of healthcare for this pandemic has been transferred from the government to every individual, right down to the Rapid Antigen Tests (unless you have been issued with a Health Risk Notification , the numbers of which have been drastically minimised).

In other words, those who contract long-term conditions like diabetes after recovering from COVID-19 can look forward to a lifetime of increased medical costs. The same with others who suffer from cardiac-related episodes post infection. And the government has quietly absolved themselves of the responsibility of looking after these patients, when it is them who allowed infection rates to go up by dismantling key control measures such as quarantine facilities, the primary use of PCR testing, as well as the shortening of quarantine/isolation periods.

I am sure someone in MOH has already done some models, but I do wonder if they have considered the increased burden of more diabetes cases, etc. into their calculations.

Let me reiterate. I am not advocating for a lock down, and it seems a little too late for that already, since PCR positivity rates have surged past 20% (remember when everyone was so worried about India when their Delta wave gave that kind of positivity rates?). However, I seriously wonder if anyone will be taken to task for the lack of proper ring-fencing of Omicron when it landed on our shores (by which time we already knew it was much more infectious)?

In most other countries, heads would have rolled, and people forced to resign. Meanwhile, in Singapore, these policy makers are still sitting pretty, when the healthcare workers are at wits end.

Слава Україні!

Guest ffffffff
On 3/5/2022 at 4:15 PM, Guest Wtf said:

And it is an idiotic one because it doesn’t take into account the transmissibility of delta and especially omicron compared to original strain. It also doesn’t take into account the societal restrictions that were in place when cases were 50 a day or lower.

correlation is not causation, no matter how mush anti-vaxxers try and insist it is. 

What has been done in the past is INEFFECTIVE. And current measures proving again the SAME. The infection figures speak very clearly.

Morons like you are so caught up in the covid narrative that any other way is not valid.

You want herd immunity? Remove all restrictions, let everyone mingle and natural immunity fight covid. You might as well right?

I think if you ask the man on the street about COVID-19 this time last year, people would have told you that they hoped that they would escape being infected. Now, I think most would respond that it is just a matter of time before they get infected.

Слава Україні!

Guest Guest
On 3/5/2022 at 4:15 PM, Guest Wtf said:

OH MY GOODNESS!

So you suddenly become so concerned about "the transmissibility of delta and especially omicron" NOW? After all those "COVID bunkers" comment?? Talk about own goals! Go retreat into your "COVID bunkers" and slap yourself silly in there  now! Hahahahaha! 

On 3/5/2022 at 5:59 PM, Guest Guest said:

OH MY GOODNESS!

So you suddenly become so concerned about "the transmissibility of delta and especially omicron" NOW? After all those "COVID bunkers" comment?? Talk about own goals! Go retreat into your "COVID bunkers" and slap yourself silly in there  now! Hahahahaha! 

Are you keeping track of your own 🥅 score? It is going up and up! Well done! 

Guest Guest
On 3/5/2022 at 6:04 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Are you keeping track of your own 🥅 score? It is going up and up! Well done! 

Have you been whacked so much and so hard in the head that you don't even know where your own goal is anymore?? HAHAHA!

But it's good that you have been whacked so hard, cos you FINALLY want to "take into account the transmissibility of delta and especially omicron compared to original strain", which is something you so conveniently forget each time you want to harp on that "low death rate". And here you are, telling others that he "doesn’t take into account the transmissibility of delta and especially omicron compared to original strain"! Look who's talking! Hahahahaha!  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.