Male HQ

Beijing ( China ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

hkchief

I'm 26 on my planing for a budget backpack trips to China, would like to cover several places........Which strated from Beijing-Shanghai-Hangzhou-Hongkong-Macau then back home. I would like to know about the train routine, planing to take train from Beijing - Shanghai......wondering how long it will take?? Oya! Beside that, what is the best way to travel from Hangzhou/shanghai - HongKong??? Any pro kindly advise.........

I supposed you are travelling on a budget.

Start from North and travel southwards.

The cheapest way is to fly to Tianjin.

I did that this year - a little troublesome because it departed from KL.

I took the overnight bus to KLIA and took the 0925 flight to Tianjin.

You may want to do a half day tour in Tianjin as it was the place where the officials lived during the revolution.

Take a train from Tianjin to Beijing.

Once in Beijing, remember to buy the Beijing 'EZ-link card'.

You can use it to take the subway (RM2) and bus (RM 1) to your hostel and saves on bus journeys to the Great Wall.

Long distance travelling from Beijing to Shanghai and beyond

I really dislike train journeys because it is packed and time-consuming.

You may want to check the airfares - it should only be 10% more than the train.

Goggle for Shanghai airlines and Spring airlines.

Hangzhou is 2 hours train journey from Shanghai.

Westlake is beautiful.

Shanghai - Hong Kong or Macau

Take the flight (RMB 700) to Macau.

It is cheaper alternative to Hong Kong.

PM if you need more information.

Thanks Abang for all the informations,

Fly by AirAsia to Tianjin....then how long it take from Tianjin to Beijing???

Anything to see @ Tianjin?? any nice attraction?? Do you recommend

I plan to spend 5-6 Days in Beijing........should be more then enough. My main interest is to see Forbidden City, New Summer palace, Temple of Heaven, Great Wall and some well known buddhist temple.

Would to know......which tombs is the best Qing Tomb or Ming Tomb?? and do you worth it to visit the ruins of Yuan ming yuan garden??

Recently China has launched new fast train frm Beijing-shanghai, i prefer to try that.

I plan to spend 2/3days in Shanghai, then follow by 2-3 days in Hangzhou..........yes! Westlake, the pagoda and the big seated buddha temple as well.

Then after Hangzhou, plan go further down to HKG or Macau......do you think, i should go back to Shanghai, and fly to HKG??? I been to HKG before this but would like to cover few places which i miss-out before. Never been to Macau, but i'm not worry about HKG/Macau, as i able to speak Cantonese.....just worry about China part, cos my Mandarin so so nia, somemore can't read chinese.

What do you think of my plan???

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chiang 111 for your information,

Regarding the train ticket from Tianjin - Beijing.......do i have to buy the ticket in advance, or i can buy it over the counter once i reach Tianjin???

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am a male masseur in beijing I used work in WESTIN 'S heavenly spa before .so my massage skills is very good . besides massage i offer extra . sms or call me if u are keen : +86-13683045085 Henry

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Greenman

Hi, from Singapore. Im heading to Beijing from Shanghai later at 4 pm, later, 30th Oct 2011. supposed to go there with my Shanghai friend. He cancelled and Ill be there alone till 3rd Nov 2011. Anyone heading there can locate me at 9 Dragons House. We can chill and go sight seeing together. Do contact me at tel:+8613166457135.

Guest justnfresh

I'm 26 on my planing for a budget backpack trips to China, would like to cover several places........Which strated from Beijing-Shanghai-Hangzhou-Hongkong-Macau then back home. I would like to know about the train routine, planing to take train from Beijing - Shanghai......wondering how long it will take?? Oya! Beside that, what is the best way to travel from Hangzhou/shanghai - HongKong??? Any pro kindly advise.........

Thanks Abang for all the informations,

Fly by AirAsia to Tianjin....then how long it take from Tianjin to Beijing???

Anything to see @ Tianjin?? any nice attraction?? Do you recommend

I plan to spend 5-6 Days in Beijing........should be more then enough. My main interest is to see Forbidden City, New Summer palace, Temple of Heaven, Great Wall and some well known buddhist temple.

Would to know......which tombs is the best Qing Tomb or Ming Tomb?? and do you worth it to visit the ruins of Yuan ming yuan garden??

Recently China has launched new fast train frm Beijing-shanghai, i prefer to try that.

I plan to spend 2/3days in Shanghai, then follow by 2-3 days in Hangzhou..........yes! Westlake, the pagoda and the big seated buddha temple as well.

Then after Hangzhou, plan go further down to HKG or Macau......do you think, i should go back to Shanghai, and fly to HKG??? I been to HKG before this but would like to cover few places which i miss-out before. Never been to Macau, but i'm not worry about HKG/Macau, as i able to speak Cantonese.....just worry about China part, cos my Mandarin so so nia, somemore can't read chinese.

What do you think of my plan???

For Forbidden City, be sure to enter via the Tiananmen Gate (South Gate). So go to Tiananmen Square first and then explore northwards to Forbidden City and if you are not tired after that, walk up Jingshan Park which is directly behind Forbidden City for a bird's eye view of the entire Forbidden City.

As for the ruins (Jesuit ruins/ Western ruins) of Yuan Ming Yuan, it is the only thing worth seeing in the garden. If you decide to go and have a look, pay only the entrance ticket. Take the shuttle all the way to the ruins, it is actually a very long walk in a very big garden to get to the ruins. So dont waste time and strength walking here. Pay for the entrance to the ruins. Once done get the shuttle back to the exit and move on to your next destination.

I just when to Beijing and Shanghai during the Hari Raya holidays for total 7 days by myself. If need more tips, let me know.

For Forbidden City, be sure to enter via the Tiananmen Gate (South Gate). So go to Tiananmen Square first and then explore northwards to Forbidden City and if you are not tired after that, walk up Jingshan Park which is directly behind Forbidden City for a bird's eye view of the entire Forbidden City.

As for the ruins (Jesuit ruins/ Western ruins) of Yuan Ming Yuan, it is the only thing worth seeing in the garden. If you decide to go and have a look, pay only the entrance ticket. Take the shuttle all the way to the ruins, it is actually a very long walk in a very big garden to get to the ruins. So dont waste time and strength walking here. Pay for the entrance to the ruins. Once done get the shuttle back to the exit and move on to your next destination.

I just when to Beijing and Shanghai during the Hari Raya holidays for total 7 days by myself. If need more tips, let me know.

Thanks for your information Bro JustnFresh,

I plan to go on next year somewhere in July! For the Forbidden City, my plan is to spend a full day in the palace, want to be the 1st to enter, cos i know there will be large numbers of visitors and will block my camera view......after Forbidden City i do plan hike up to Jingshan Hill, heard sunset will be beautiful......as one day is end.

Well after read your comment on the ruins of YuanMingYuan old summer palace, i guess i should put it as last option! After all it just a ruins but very historical places.......and i know the location is quite far away from central of beijing!

Did you visit any Royal Tombs?? Ming or Qing tombs??

How many days you spent in Beijing and Shanghai??

Guest justnfresh

Thanks for your information Bro JustnFresh,

I plan to go on next year somewhere in July! For the Forbidden City, my plan is to spend a full day in the palace, want to be the 1st to enter, cos i know there will be large numbers of visitors and will block my camera view......after Forbidden City i do plan hike up to Jingshan Hill, heard sunset will be beautiful......as one day is end.

Well after read your comment on the ruins of YuanMingYuan old summer palace, i guess i should put it as last option! After all it just a ruins but very historical places.......and i know the location is quite far away from central of beijing!

Did you visit any Royal Tombs?? Ming or Qing tombs??

How many days you spent in Beijing and Shanghai??

Hello Ndrew,

You can cover Forbidden City and Jingshan Park in a day. As of this summer, entrance to Forbidden City is from the South Gate only. So your first stop is Tiannanmen Square and whatever you want to see at the square before walking northwards.

I would suggest you spend one full day to go to both the summer palaces. Get the subway to yuan ming yuan gardens for the ruins, approx. 1 hr from city centre. Spend no more than 2 hours here. Then take a bus to the 'new' Summer Palace. It's actually not that far around 5-10 by bus. Minimum time at this summer palace is 6 hours. They close at 6pm and personal audio visual kit must be return by 5pm.

If you really want to see everything in detail be prepared to walk and walk and walk...

The tombs I did not go since I did not join the usual tours to Great Wall at Badaling (super crowded) or Mutianyu (slight less crowded than Badaling) which usually include a tour to the tombs. I went to the Great Wall at Jingshanling which is 2 hours from Beijing and hence, no crowd at all here.

I had 4 full days in Beijing and 1.5 days in Shanghai. Took the train to Shanghai and then flew back to Beijing from Shanghai.

Hello Ndrew,

You can cover Forbidden City and Jingshan Park in a day. As of this summer, entrance to Forbidden City is from the South Gate only. So your first stop is Tiannanmen Square and whatever you want to see at the square before walking northwards.

I would suggest you spend one full day to go to both the summer palaces. Get the subway to yuan ming yuan gardens for the ruins, approx. 1 hr from city centre. Spend no more than 2 hours here. Then take a bus to the 'new' Summer Palace. It's actually not that far around 5-10 by bus. Minimum time at this summer palace is 6 hours. They close at 6pm and personal audio visual kit must be return by 5pm.

If you really want to see everything in detail be prepared to walk and walk and walk...

The tombs I did not go since I did not join the usual tours to Great Wall at Badaling (super crowded) or Mutianyu (slight less crowded than Badaling) which usually include a tour to the tombs. I went to the Great Wall at Jingshanling which is 2 hours from Beijing and hence, no crowd at all here.

I had 4 full days in Beijing and 1.5 days in Shanghai. Took the train to Shanghai and then flew back to Beijing from Shanghai.

Hi Bro JustnFresh,

I'm not sure how many entrance gate to the Forbidden City......as i always thought the only entrance to get inside is Dungmen gate at central behind TiannanMen.....for sure must go to Tiannanmen Square. As i plan to go early to avoid all crowd.

Yeah! There two summer palace: The ruins and the New.......all gardens and palaces in China always huge, if not plan well all the time will spend on walking at unnecessary places........by the time reach the actual destinations will too late.

Great Wall......as i know there always pack, non-stop coming visitors....... i will take your advise go to Jingshanling.

The speed train from Beijing - shanghai, i heard is pretty fast. You spent one and half day in Shanghai quite limited....i guess you are the person who don't like big city.

Thanks for the infor,

Guest justnfresh

Hi Bro JustnFresh,

I'm not sure how many entrance gate to the Forbidden City......as i always thought the only entrance to get inside is Dungmen gate at central behind TiannanMen.....for sure must go to Tiannanmen Square. As i plan to go early to avoid all crowd.

Yeah! There two summer palace: The ruins and the New.......all gardens and palaces in China always huge, if not plan well all the time will spend on walking at unnecessary places........by the time reach the actual destinations will too late.

Great Wall......as i know there always pack, non-stop coming visitors....... i will take your advise go to Jingshanling.

The speed train from Beijing - shanghai, i heard is pretty fast. You spent one and half day in Shanghai quite limited....i guess you are the person who don't like big city.

Thanks for the infor,

The Jingshanlling section continues onto the Simatai section. Do note that the Simatai section is close undefinitely due to death to tourists as this is a very dangerous section to hike.

Yes the train is very fast. Be sure to take seats F or D for better view of the journey. Well I did not plan on going to Shanghai but I have a cousin living there so I made a quick swingby and managed to cover quite a few of the main attractions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Is jinshanlin also great wall?

Is speed train readily purchasable in shanghai to beijing?

Which is a better place to shop? Shaanghai or beijing? Unique clothings, not parsar malan or wholesale, streets stuff

Hi Bro JustnFresh,

Thanks for the infor,

For those who is planning to visit Beijing, I would like to share with you that there is a new sanua called Station Hall Spa opening in October. Details as follows:

Station Hall Spa

No. A2 Ganyu Bystreet Dongdan North St. Dong Cheng Disct. Beijing China

Tel: 86-010-65221069

Erm is this a straight joint?

I am doing a backpacking trip to Beijing in late May.

Being there many years before on a packaged tour but didnt enjoy it...

I will fly into Hangzhou for 3 nights before taking the overnight train to Beijing. I intend to stretch my dollar a little by staying in backpacking places and to see the Olympic stadium, Aquatic Pool, Forbidden City, Great Wall and Tian An Meng. Should if time permits, then a little time for other scenic sights.

After Beijing, take the overnight train to Shanghai to meet my friends for the weekend before going to Hong Kong and Macau for the flight home.

Really envy, you seem to travel alot sia....

Are trains readily available in china ie no booking required...

Where did u stay during your backpacking in beijing?

Really envy, you seem to travel alot sia....

Are trains readily available in china ie no booking required...

Where did u stay during your backpacking in beijing?

Hi Lovehandle,

You plan to visit Beijing?? when??

What's the plan in ur mind??

Kekeke...though i hve nt get my plane tickt, i hve signed up to fly to shanghai aft mid mar, after a few days tour ... Then i will fly or take a train to beijing after that... yes, i m all alone, pm me if u r interested to join in or something

My detailed plans will come out later, i like a carefree travel

Kekeke...though i hve nt get my plane tickt, i hve signed up to fly to shanghai aft mid mar, after a few days tour ... Then i will fly or take a train to beijing after that... yes, i m all alone, pm me if u r interested to join in or something

My detailed plans will come out later, i like a carefree travel

Hi Lovehandle,

Mid of March can not ler, cos i plan to make my 1st official visit to CHINA on this September.

I plan to spend a bout 2-3 weeks, Tianjin-beijing-Shanghai-Hangzhou

nvm, hopefully we get to travel in some other ways.....

wow! u started planning, i have not....

how do you intend to move around from beijing to shanghai? by train or by domestic flight?

Iya off cos by their train, last year china just launched new high speed train.

I had done alot of homework d, otherwise i will hit the wall once i reach there.

Hi speed trains tt caused a big tragedy rt??? U r backpacking alone?like me

Certain pls like fr shanghai to hangzhou is still a bit of dist. Hw u intend to move abt?

Yeah! Backpack cos under a budget trips, but backpack also can travel comfortably or else you join the tour group with branch of aunties/uncles bring you visit more factory.

You don't have to worry about the speed train, is not India. Just one unlucky incident only. I read alot of good feed back from tourist on internet, as well plp who had taken,won't be any problem.

So Lovehandle won't you like join me?? i be your cameraman hehehe!

Dear Mr. And-the-rule (Ndrew):

can u pls sign up as a bw member, totally cant figure out who are u...cant even pm u

i cant possibly b sharing our trip in this thread right,(gachi or whoever will be shooting me soon).....

U really know how to tempt me hor? in fact, in the past when i go out with my friends(straight) we have a good time doing funny poses...

Nowadays, as a loner, i spent time carefully taking nice shots of people, crowd, scenery etc ...,my camera is not the usual pocket-size, ie too small for my fingers (m worried i will drop it)

Men should take a prosumer or dslr (oops another stereotype)

By the way, i cycle alone in tokyo without a map hor (yes alone, for half a day, agar agar, just dont get too far)

I like to "Lost in translation" and "EPL" (not the soccer thingy, but a movie acted by julia roberts) , i loved Japan v. much..,.hence now is time to go back to the roots....China , for a change, china q easy to manage because i speak v. fluent chinese (not like the typical sporeans) - all my chinese national colleagues asked have i worked in HK, Taiwan, China , if not why do i speak in that pure accent?

No, in fact, i have never stepped into HK, Taiwan, ShenZhen, Guangzhou(despite i m a cantonese), i dont like touristy places ie EVERYWhere is sporeans or people i knew touring there too.....

i m not sure why u picked Sep,You have a lot of leaves is it? or u r a teacher who is on leave on sep school holidays (and teachers' days) -shdnt be teachers cos there is a period which u may need to apply UPS Leave...

but i can see the logic why the forever-young ABang picked that period (jul-aug)

1 more thing is i have already signed up for a groupon kind of thing, hence when the tour begins in hangzhou then move around, then lastly stop at shanghai...once the uncle and aunty(doubt too many elderly knows groupons lah) etc customers leave, i will stay behind shanghai a few days then moving on to beijing loh, ie why my trip is partial tour (so that the tour bus can bring me further) and then on self-diy

actually, besides great wall of china (不到长城非好汉,不吃烤鸭必遗憾) n the plenty of museums that i looked fwd to , i want to see pandas and bears!!!!in (not the kind of "bears" but real black bears saved from cruel farming) Chengdu rt? Abang? and that Huangshan! (yellow mountain, not sure do i have the energy to climb up) but all these are trips after my next, i must go japan again 1st, each year must inject funds into the economy of japan !

Now u know why i cannot type too much here, i will go out of topic, and will get shoot again

So pls PM me, not just on this trip mah

Air Asia flies to Chengdu from KL.

Chengdu is the capital city of S一chuan and it is very modern.

It has its MRT system to move around.

Yes, there is this wonderful place known as the Panda Conversation where more than 80 pandas are reared.

You may also want to see the amazing Du Jiang Yan 都江堰 where a river was dissected into 2 parts for irrigation.

This was the highlight of my trip in May 2011.

Mr LoveHandle,

Yeah!Travel alone no body help me to snap photos, i know how it feel.....cos i'm a solo traveler too!

I have some difficulties to communicated with those PRC, well my mandarin is just half-plus six, i can't read as well.

But that won't stop! I must conquer The Forbidden City!! I love chinese art, temples and those historical thingy!

At 1st i was thinking of travel on July as it fall on my B'day but have to rearrange to sept.

i still thinking the best and budget way is depart frm KL-Tianjin by Airasia, and once reach China, i will travel by train to other places and last will depart frm Hangzhou - KL.

I'm sure we can travel together, if you and i were meant to be.....call it as fate!

• 3 weeks later...

I tried 2 years ago. My masseur did not provide extra, but the massage was excellent.

Yup, the same thing happened to me two days ago. I asked for their outcall....the massage was kindof arousing but the it was ended like that....so was thinking to go to their centre ....

btw, do you have any other massage to intro....

Yup, the same thing happened to me two days ago. I asked for their outcall....the massage was kindof arousing but the it was ended like that....so was thinking to go to their centre ....

btw, do you have any other massage to intro....

No, sorry.

I just knew a sauna near the Hilton with masseurs providing all kinds of extras, but it closed years ago.

Good luck!

Anyway, managed to get one of the outcall...

http://www.gay419.ne....asp?pic_id=427

he appeared to be different from the pic (which the papasan said can return if not satisfied with the outlook), but surprise to me, he looks better...!

Hi

aiyo your masseur looks abit like the younger Nicky Wu, Lin zhiyin etc..

How much does that cost? not even stated on the website at all

Does the stated price often includes only the massage n nothing else?

and they have their own place?

Hi

aiyo your masseur looks abit like the younger Nicky Wu, Lin zhiyin etc..

How much does that cost? not even stated on the website at all

Does the stated price often includes only the massage n nothing else?

and they have their own place?

Nope, they only do outcall...

When you called that contact person, he'll said RMB500 for outcall...usually it includes (mostly) everything....

• 4 weeks later...

Are you going on your own free&easy way?

If you are going on a package tour, your itinerary will be very much taken of, so no problem.

8 days to really explore Beijing is kinda short - minus arrival and departure day, you only have 6 full days.

If on budget trip, try to stay in local no-frill hotels instead of international ones like Holiday Inn, Sheraton etc; the cost is only a fraction. They are meant for local travellers / business people and are quite clean and safe.

To save $$, dun join any package day trips offered from hotel lobbies to places like Summer Palace, Great Wall, Imperial Palace, .......go on your own, be adventurous, the saving is unbelievable.

Beijing is very easy to move around using underground, cabs, buses etc and are inexpensive (underground I remember is only about 10 sing cents for any distance)

I had lived in Beijing for nearly 1 year, so knows the city pretty well.

Read up on Beijing and decide on your intinerary first, certain visits are full day trip eg Great Wall.

If you need more info you can pm me, I'll be glad to provide.

One more thing, please brush up your spoken mandarin, (avoid punctuating sentence with english words like a typical singaporeans, they will catch-no-ball) it does help if you can communicate well with the locals.

Hi!

You mentioned about the bus, where do we take them and as i m alone , where exactly can i have original beijing bbq duck? You mentioned at great wall? what time latest must i leave for the bus?

Is it wierd if 1 dine alone : 大董烤鴨店(the best 烤鴨店 in BJ)

is 南鑼鼓巷王府井, 东单, etc shopping area open till late nite like 9pm?

What is special at 鬼街?

Great Wall is a full day tour. Include the Ming Tomb which is on the way.

You can try to take a bus there from 前门,make sure it cover also the ming tomb on the onward journey.

The bus trip is not expensive, can bargain; there are many buses going in the morning, dont take the first offer.

Come back to 前门 in the evening and have your 北京烤鸭 here. Instead you can also visit the前门鐘樓 if you return early from the Great Wall. 前门 is very busy at night, go to the oldest shopping street in 大栅栏,some shops were there since the Ching Dynasty.

大董烤鴨店(the best 烤鴨店 in BJ)

Guest Fellow Tourist

Part of Wang fu jing is open until midnight the last time I was there.If you want some exotic food try Dong hua men night market.I remembered there are a few stall that sell fried ice cream,Centipede on a stick and Ping tang hu lu.

Make sure you do not let people see you take out money from your wallet.

And try to be careful with your personal effects.

personal items, u mean?? but we need to pay right? my chinese (nationals) management people will laugh at u, if u said this...i told them timid sporeans tell me to be careful this when i m touring alone, they laughed at our "overly concious/timidness" , maybe we lived in overly-safe spore

I have friends and colleagues who dont dare to go jb .......

• G_M changed the title to Beijing ( China ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.