Male HQ

For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic!

Steve5380

On 2/12/2022 at 1:01 PM, Steve5380 said:

LOL!  Another ridiculous post  by you.  I know that it is the morning now at your place.  Otherwise I would think that being late at night your brain had stopped working when you wrote the above post.

How do you know A FACT that I leaked prom a private message of him,  unless you read the private PM conversations between him and me ??  Please recognize that YOU ARE WRITING NONSENSE.

And then, you yourself say that you cannot know if I privately apologized to him in a PM.   MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!

You don't know if I private apologized to him in a PM,  but you know EXACTLY that I did so in the thread about "Opera Queens",  which was where he went ballistic in a horrible tantrum  because...  because I assumed that he went to saunas since he had written about one of them.   So, go to this thread after his TANTRUM,  and read my apology.  You have no excuses,  so please don't lie. 

Did you see the word allegedly???

On 2/12/2022 at 12:49 PM, singalion said:

You (allegedly) leaked from a private message that he spent a part of his career in working in music.

On 2/11/2022 at 11:04 PM, Steve5380 said:

The medical community is a closed-mind society that protects itself. 

What utter trash! I suppose the medical research community had nothing to do with the discovery of penicillin, of vaccines that have almost eradicated smallpox, polio, and which cover vast numbers against TB, measles, mumps and rubella, Hepatitis A and B, diphtheria, and for many keep them alive because their doctors and researchers worked for years to discover anti-viral drugs that keep HIV patient from developing AIDS.

Don't write such nonsense!

On 2/11/2022 at 10:50 PM, InBangkok said:

And that is another questionable piece of medical advice. Water does not pass "straight through to the stomach into the gut". I would refer this so-called "expert" on things medical to the young Thai boys who were stuck in the cave in north Thailand some years ago without food or water for 9 days before they were discovered. They frequently - and understandably - complained about being hungry. Their coach advised them to drink lots of water flowing down from the stalactites as this would fill their stomach and ease their pangs of hunger! It worked! But then that does not fit in with medical expert @Steve5380's ideas.

You show that you are not a licensed gastroenterologist.  

When you eat food, this food stays in your stomach for HOURS.  When you drink water, the water goes straight into your stomach and then it only takes minutes before it flows into the intestine where it is absorbed.

while it is a fact that liquids move faster through the stomach, you missed the point on what InBangkok tried to tell you.

1. Water is a natural appetite suppressant

When the stomach senses that it is full, it sends signals to the brain to stop eating. Water can help to take up space in the stomach, leading to a feeling of fullness and reducing hunger.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322296#how-much-water-do-you-need-to-drink

Drinking Water to Trick the Body Into Thinking It's Full

By Andrea Boldt Updated December 06, 2018 

One of the primary reasons weight-loss efforts fail is because you're just so darned hungry. Sticking to small portion sizes of often unsatisfying foods leaves your stomach feeling empty and growling for more food. Your only option isn't a large pizza or entire loaf of French bread though. Keep yourself optimally hydrated all day long and make an effort to drink just before meals to trick your grumbling tummy into believing it's full.

Confusing Cues

Drinking water doesn't just trick you into feeling full, sometimes it's actually just what your body needs.

Although water has no special weight-loss properties, it does help fill up your stomach, which might curb your appetite and help you control your calorie intake to shed pounds.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:57 PM, Guest Smiley Steve said:

We could see that

main-qimg-8530f4041cbc257c8fc5d2c77cc75b

LOL!  That cannot be me!  That face has no traces of eye lid surgery,  a minor face lift,  botox injections and fancy facial creams.   You must have got confused, and posted a picture of yourself  :lol:

On 2/11/2022 at 11:22 PM, Steve5380 said:

You show that you are not a licensed gastroenterologist.  

When you eat food, this food stays in your stomach for HOURS.  When you drink water, the water goes straight into your stomach and then it only takes minutes before it flows into the intestine where it is absorbed.

On 2/12/2022 at 1:48 AM, InBangkok said:

How stupid! When did I ever say I was? Never! And nor are you!

Yes, you are stupid, you know so little about the digestive system.

Ah... and thanks for bringing out this: 

"I would refer this so-called "expert" on things medical to the young Thai boys who were stuck in the cave in north Thailand some years ago without food or water for 9 days before they were discovered. They frequently - and understandably - complained about being hungry. Their coach advised them to drink lots of water flowing down from the stalactites as this would fill their stomach and ease their pangs of hunger! It worked! "

These Thai boys were so lucky to have a coach knowledgeable of the benefits of water-only fast.  They advised them to drink plenty of water,  and so the kids  FASTED FOR 9 DAYS WITHOUT PROBLEMS.  Of course, they were not diabetics and didn't have any risk of hypoglycemia.   

This should give you some food for thought,  you who likes food:  The Thai young boys had no problems going on a water-only fast.  But you, an overweight older, adult are too chicken to try it,  even if it would do you so much good!    

On 2/11/2022 at 11:06 PM, singalion said:

Allegedly means according to what has been claimed. It's used to describe an action or situation that someone claims happened but that has not been confirmed or proven,

used when something is said to be true but has not been proved

We know perfectly well what allegedly means because you keep putting down the valuable information I have posted here and keep calling it 'quackery',  when in reality it is only ALLEGEDLY that.   You have not shown any proof that Dr. Perlmutter is wrong, NONE!   You have only posted opinions of other doctors who dislike the principles he stands for. 

But we should know quite well that the TRUTHS about our body are in their majority UNKNOWN.  We all wish that there would be a supreme authority in anatomy and psychology who could answer our questions correctly and for good.  But this supreme authority could only be a Creator, the One who has the User Manual for the human species. 

Until then, we should keep an open mind about so many different and contradictory theories,  and navigate this unknown with intelligence and common sense,  trusting primarily our own experience,  without  this partisan bashing that the two TENORS are doing here,  in the wrong thread.   :) 

On 2/12/2022 at 12:04 AM, singalion said:

while it is a fact that liquids move faster through the stomach, you missed the point on what InBangkok tried to tell you.

1. Water is a natural appetite suppressant

When the stomach senses that it is full, it sends signals to the brain to stop eating. Water can help to take up space in the stomach, leading to a feeling of fullness and reducing hunger.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322296#how-much-water-do-you-need-to-drink

Drinking Water to Trick the Body Into Thinking It's Full

By Andrea Boldt Updated December 06, 2018 

One of the primary reasons weight-loss efforts fail is because you're just so darned hungry. Sticking to small portion sizes of often unsatisfying foods leaves your stomach feeling empty and growling for more food. Your only option isn't a large pizza or entire loaf of French bread though. Keep yourself optimally hydrated all day long and make an effort to drink just before meals to trick your grumbling tummy into believing it's full.

Confusing Cues

Drinking water doesn't just trick you into feeling full, sometimes it's actually just what your body needs.

Although water has no special weight-loss properties, it does help fill up your stomach, which might curb your appetite and help you control your calorie intake to shed pounds.

I didn't miss at all what InBangkok was telling me.  He was trying to bash me,  as usual.  :lol:

But I am glad to see that at last you have posted for the first or second time here some information ON TOPIC. Water and other clear liquids are indeed a good appetite suppressant.  To drink water is recommended while fasting not only to keep hydrated but also to reduce the temptation to reach out for food,  and I know that this works well because it works for me. 

This does not reduce the reality that water and clear liquids circulate very fast through the digestive system.  It takes them minutes, not hours to pass through.   The satisfying action of the liquids is not limited to stomach fullness, which they rarely do, but in the action of ingesting them,  swallowing them like food.   

One more benefit of drinking water, which you may not know,  is its action diluting the stomach acid,  which can cause pain if you have ulcers.  So, to reduce this pain,  drink a lot of water. 

On 2/11/2022 at 10:35 PM, singalion said:

well-being & happiness

Laughter is the Best Medicine

It’s fun to share a good laugh, but did you know it can actually improve your health? Learn how to harness the powerful benefits of laughter and humor.

The benefits of laughter

It’s true: laughter is strong medicine. It draws people together in ways that trigger healthy physical and emotional changes in the body. Laughter strengthens your immune system, boosts mood, diminishes pain, and protects you from the damaging effects of stress. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hope, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert. It also helps you release anger and forgive sooner. 

With so much power to heal and renew, the ability to laugh easily and frequently is a tremendous resource for surmounting problems, enhancing your relationships, and supporting both physical and emotional health. Best of all, this priceless medicine is fun, free, and easy to use.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-health/laughter-is-the-best-medicine.htm

Laughter is good for your health

Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.

Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.

Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.

Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.

Laughter burns calories. Okay, so it’s no replacement for going to the gym, but one study found that laughing for 10 to 15 minutes a day can burn approximately 40 calories—which could be enough to lose three or four pounds over the course of a year.

Laughter lightens anger’s heavy load. Nothing diffuses anger and conflict faster than a shared laugh. Looking at the funny side can put problems into perspective and enable you to move on from confrontations without holding onto bitterness or resentment.

Laughter may even help you to live longer. A study in Norway found that people with a strong sense of humor outlived those who don’t laugh as much. The difference was particularly notable for those battling cancer.

The Benefits of Laughter and Humor
Physical health benefits
  • Boosts immunity
  • Lowers stress hormones
  • Decreases pain
  • Relaxes your muscles
  • Prevents heart disease
Mental health benefits
  • Adds joy and zest to life
  • Eases anxiety and tension
  • Relieves stress
  • Improves mood
  • Strengthens resilience
Social benefits
  • Strengthens relationships
  • Attracts others to us
  • Enhances teamwork
  • Helps defuse conflict
  • Promotes group bonding

Laughter helps you stay mentally healthy

Laughter makes you feel good. And this positive feeling remains with you even after the laughter subsides. Humor helps you keep a positive, optimistic outlook through difficult situations, disappointments, and loss.

I was glad the other day seeing this post of yours,  which could be the first positive writing you did in this thread.

Indeed LAUGHTER is healthy!   We get to learn this more as we age.  This contributes to the existence of seniors who are healthy and laugh a lot.  We are friendly,  happy,  satisfied, and live with a clear conscience.

There seems to be a bilateral link between health and happiness:  health leads to happiness, and happiness leads to health.  This is why I don't hesitate to recommend the CULTIVATION OF THE FEELING OF HAPPINESS to the point that I bore everyone.  This is such a valuable FREE remedy for so many ills !!

And I don't mind repeating it here.  :) :  Happiness may not come 'naturally', and so often it does not.   It is only loosely tied to circumstances that should lead to it.   Therefore, we should expressly cultivate it, first identifying the feeling, and then practicing to conjure it at will, especially in circumstances that could lead to depression and mental pain.

On 2/12/2022 at 11:42 AM, Steve5380 said:

You call yourself "a writer",  when you have no comprehension of some ways of the written language!

So again you drop to the third tier of your modus operandi - trash the poster. Your English in this forum is full of errors which I choose to ignore - but I have made a note of them so that when you trash other's English again or resort to your online dictionaries, the truth will out! Besides you have no idea of my book writing. And I suspect you are merely mightily pissed off that I actually write books which are published and make money whilst your writing is limited to silly posts here on issues like water fasting. You do nothing worthwhile with your time - apart from listening to Schubert..

On 2/12/2022 at 12:01 PM, Steve5380 said:

How do you know A FACT that I leaked prom a private message of him,  unless you read the private PM conversations between him and me ??  Please recognize that YOU ARE WRITING NONSENSE.

What rubbish! I wrote in a post - which I will quote but you hate quotes being thrown back at you because then every other reader knows how wrong you are! - that you had leaked information from a PM and what that information was. Want me to repeat it here so once again you can be proved wrong?

On 2/12/2022 at 12:01 PM, Steve5380 said:

You don't know if I private apologized to him in a PM,  but you know EXACTLY that I did so in the thread about "Opera Queens",  which was where he went ballistic in a horrible tantrum  because...  

Once again all you can do is LIE! You NEVER apologised to me. NEVER! You said you WOULD apologise but only after I apologised to you for some nonsense you had written. I totally refused to accept that condition. So you did not apologise and you NEVER apologised.

On 2/13/2022 at 12:03 AM, Steve5380 said:

I was glad the other day seeing this post of yours,  which could be the first positive writing you did in this thread.

Indeed LAUGHTER is healthy!   We get to learn this more as we age.  This contributes to the existence of seniors who are healthy and laugh a lot.  We are friendly,  happy,  satisfied, and live with a clear conscience.

There seems to be a bilateral link between health and happiness:  health leads to happiness, and happiness leads to health.  This is why I don't hesitate to recommend the CULTIVATION OF THE FEELING OF HAPPINESS to the point that I bore everyone.  This is such a valuable FREE remedy for so many ills !!

And I don't mind repeating it here.  :) :  Happiness may not come 'naturally', and so often it does not.   It is only loosely tied to circumstances that should lead to it.   Therefore, we should expressly cultivate it, first identifying the feeling, and then practicing to conjure it at will, especially in circumstances that could lead to depression and mental pain.

Maybe because I am not a person full of negativity or toxic.

I am a happy and optimistic person.

It is never my aim to attack anyone but more to open to view things from a different perspective.

Most comments I receive from Asians are that they rarely have seen a person with such a often and nice smile.

It is your personal interpretation that I "attack" you or something.

My intention is solely to set some things straight.

I advised you often not to touch certain topics at BW, not to defend to every post, not to respond to every Guest troll's post. But you seem deaf for any well meant advice. 

But I am a man of principles also.

If you apologise then please do it fullheartedly and not just to utter something that looks like an apology but isn't meant as such.

You know very well also, that it was my humble and honest intention to get two fighting cocks back to peace.

Don't think I did not also criticise the other part.

Your biggest problem Steve is that you always assess certain things from your own angle and your personal situation

but (luckily) not all people are like you. You lack the ability to position yourself into the situation of another person without reflection from yourself.

Not everyone is a stubborn, opinionated, know it all person, unyielding or someone that prejudiced.

In the 10 years you are posting at BW you should have made sufficient lessons that viewing or commenting the world from the American angle exclusively is also the wrong way.

You might think that certain freedoms are more favourable

but what is such freedoms do not exist in other parts?

I tried my best to give some hints but your "know it always better" attitude and stubbornness trait doesn't allow any well meant critic to reach you.

From Healthline

1. The water fast lasts for 24–72 hours. You should not water fast for longer than this without medical supervision because of health risks

2. Although water fasting may have some benefits, it comes with many risks and dangers. For example, water fasting could make you prone to muscle loss, dehydration, blood pressure changes, and a variety of other health conditions.

2.a. Orthostatic hypotension is common among people who water fast. It’s defined as a drop in blood pressure that happens when you suddenly stand up, and it can leave you dizzy, lightheaded, and at risk of fainting

2.b. Although a water fast is relatively short, there is some evidence that fasting may encourage eating disorders like bulimia, especially in teenagers

3. Water fasting is a popular method of fasting that may have some health benefits.

However, most of the health benefits of water fasting have been observed in animal studies, and the same effects might not apply to humans.

Water fasting also comes with several risks, especially if you fast for longer than 3 days.

On 2/13/2022 at 1:33 AM, InBangkok said:

From Healthline

Excellent!  Healthline is a decent website, and they give lists of safety precautions about many things, as they should.

We all learned how to safely cross streets in the city as children.  And we do this regularly if we live in a city, without thinking twice.  We do this because we know the safety rules.  Here is one example of them,  by Healthline-Steve:

1. The street crossing only lasts a minute or so. You should not cross streets  for longer than this without supervision by a traffic cop because of health risks

2. Although street crossing may have some benefits, it comes with many risks and dangers. For example, street crossing could make you prone to anxiety, rushed movements, blood pressure raise, and a variety of other health conditions.

2.a. Wet shoes or wet feet is common among people who cross streets in the rain. It’s defined as a barrier to easy walking when water accumulates on the sides of streets due to poor drainage, and it can leave you exposed to slipping and falling in the rush of crossing, at risk of being run over.

2.b. Although the stretch of crossing at the corners is relatively short, there is some evidence that not paying sufficient attention can lead to jaywalking,  especially in teenagers who are always glued to their cellphones.

3. Street crossing is a popular method of moving around the city that may have some health benefits. However, most of the benefits of street crossing have been observed in third world cities, without proper over or under passes, and the same effects might not apply to proud  Americans who never walk but are carried around inside their cars.

Street crossing also comes with several risks, especially if you are a tourist in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city.

--------

Safety precautions and warnings are also given by doctors who prescribe or pharmacists who dispense even the most common drugs.  Like:  don't swallow the 30 pills in the bottle all at once, but take 3 a day with / without meals.  Observe your heart and lungs for any sign of deteriorating vital signs, in which case discontinue immediately and call the doctor's office.

Other safety precautions are also called for in other activities.  When we eat fish, we should look for bones that could get stuck in our throat.  The leftovers from exquisite barbeques can be saved in the fridge,  but don't keep them there for two weeks because they will be spoiled.   Don't dance a cha cha cha while showering in the bath tub,  you could fall and break your hip bone.   Be careful with a nice tomato or lentil soup cooked in the winter,  it could be extremely hot and burn you. 

So you are right,  some precautions should be taken to do correct, safe fasting  :) 

On 2/13/2022 at 12:22 AM, singalion said:

Maybe because I am not a person full of negativity or toxic.

I am a happy and optimistic person.

It is never my aim to attack anyone but more to open to view things from a different perspective.

Most comments I receive from Asians are that they rarely have seen a person with such a often and nice smile.

It is your personal interpretation that I "attack" you or something.

My intention is solely to set some things straight.

I advised you often not to touch certain topics at BW, not to defend to every post, not to respond to every Guest troll's post. But you seem deaf for any well meant advice. 

But I am a man of principles also.

If you apologise then please do it fullheartedly and not just to utter something that looks like an apology but isn't meant as such.

You know very well also, that it was my humble and honest intention to get two fighting cocks back to peace.

Don't think I did not also criticise the other part.

Your biggest problem Steve is that you always assess certain things from your own angle and your personal situation

but (luckily) not all people are like you. You lack the ability to position yourself into the situation of another person without reflection from yourself.

Not everyone is a stubborn, opinionated, know it all person, unyielding or someone that prejudiced.

In the 10 years you are posting at BW you should have made sufficient lessons that viewing or commenting the world from the American angle exclusively is also the wrong way.

You might think that certain freedoms are more favourable

but what is such freedoms do not exist in other parts?

I tried my best to give some hints but your "know it always better" attitude and stubbornness trait doesn't allow any well meant critic to reach you.

Yes, you are ( how you say, 'allegedly'? ) a most perfect model of goodness and friendliness incarnated !!!

I have already written elsewhere that you are not a bad person.  I would even say that you are a good guy, who among his many virtues has also some defects like:  being not less stubborn than I am,  wanting to have the last word of course,  being quite judgmental  (seeing speckle instead of log in own eye),  write endless posts with endless quotations, is so proud of his non-native English language... Which is your native language, by the way? 

I am also not perfect.  I am important to several persons,  but otherwise completely insignificant in this world,  my existence or lack of it does not make any difference.  I feel admiration for many individuals who have made or make important contributions to society, but I am not one of them.  However, I know for a fact that I am a good person,  a good guy, a good gay, friendly, emphatic, compassionate.  I would not attack, not insult someone else gratuitously.  I always must feel that there is a reason for that.

Which brings about your co-tenor @InBangkok.  I don't dislike him, he greatly stimulates my humorous side. :)  In other circumstances we could have been good friends,  but somehow our relationship got crossed here.  Maybe it was my likeness for music videos on YouTube, plus my disregard for live music, plus my dislike of modern music.    And then, one terrible day I misinterpreted his review of the Rairua sauna as indication that he also frequents saunas,  since he was criticizing so strongly my likeness for these places. This resulted in his big tantrum, his going up in flames,  immediately accusing me lying with a LIE that had no pardon.  I apologized but asked his apology for having called me a liar.  He refused.  After he had left BW for good, I sent him another PM apologizing, this time without conditions.  He rejected this too. Since then he has become like a dark angel like a blackbird who flies to all the threads where I post to do his droppings on me.   Maybe I should not take him with such humor,  but... what can I do?  I offered him an olive branch several times,  but he bit it and swallowed it down.  Well... olive oil is healthy.

On 2/14/2022 at 2:30 AM, Steve5380 said:

And then, one terrible day I misinterpreted his review of the Rairua sauna as indication that he also frequents saunas,  since he was criticizing so strongly my likeness for these places. This resulted in his big tantrum, his going up in flames,  immediately accusing me lying with a LIE that had no pardon.  I apologized but asked his apology for having called me a liar.  He refused. 

I refused because you had LIED! Pure and simple and indisputable. You even admit it above - and you have still not apologised for that LIE. But then you never apologise. You merely continue to double down making incorrect assumptions purely on the basis that you THINK a poster wrote something when it was really only something conjured up in your befuddled mind. You cannot remember what others wrote. Well, if you bothered to check back - not difficult on BW - you would realise how wrong you were.

And for the record, your so-called apology was based on my FIRST apologising to you! Why? Because you lied? Get your facts straight, befuddled mind, or your own words from previous posts will be thrown back at you! Then all readers on BW will see how you make up what you call facts but which are in fact untruths!

Back on subject, the key to ageing happily surely is to enjoy everything that life offers to the fullest - within your financial resources. This world is such a fantastic place. Enjoy it or as much as you can. Be happy in your personal life even if that means you prefer being alone to having a long term relationship. Good friendships are as important as lovers. Indulge your passions. Don't put what you'd like to do off for too long because time passes so quickly. Before you know it you turn from your 20s to 30s to 40s to 50s and then on to older age when you may not be able to enjoy those passions much longer. Try not to wait to enjoy life. Try not to get bogged down in anything that makes you feel down and then get stuck in a rut. Enjoy this life. It's the only one we have, as far as we know.

On 2/14/2022 at 2:46 AM, Steve5380 said:

Street crossing also comes with several risks, especially if you are a tourist in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city.

Looks like you have never been to Surabaya in Indonesia...

the cars don't even stop when there is red light at the traffic light.

the zebras are just for decoration.

The mayor installed these noisy alarms to help people to cross the street but the cars just ignore them.

the worst, if you are in a hotel nearby of such a crossing, the noisy pedestrian traffic signals with that beeping noise may rob your sleep.

But street crossing in certain cities in the US come with risks also, in particular if you are not a White.

😂

On 2/14/2022 at 3:30 AM, Steve5380 said:

Which brings about your co-tenor @InBangkok.  I don't dislike him, he greatly stimulates my humorous side. :)  In other circumstances we could have been good friends,  but somehow our relationship got crossed here.  Maybe it was my likeness for music videos on YouTube, plus my disregard for live music, plus my dislike of modern music.    And then, one terrible day I misinterpreted his review of the Rairua sauna as indication that he also frequents saunas,  since he was criticizing so strongly my likeness for these places. This resulted in his big tantrum, his going up in flames,  immediately accusing me lying with a LIE that had no pardon.  I apologized but asked his apology for having called me a liar.  He refused.  After he had left BW for good, I sent him another PM apologizing, this time without conditions.  He rejected this too. Since then he has become like a dark angel like a blackbird who flies to all the threads where I post to do his droppings on me.   Maybe I should not take him with such humor,  but... what can I do?  I offered him an olive branch several times,  but he bit it and swallowed it down.  Well... olive oil is healthy.

Well what to say... I gave my personal recommendation.

But there is your stubbornness.

That episode could have been resolved a long time back.

Don't take such grudges into your grave... it might affect your reincarnation...

and you end up looking like your non existent drunk brother always 15 years older than you!

On 2/14/2022 at 12:34 PM, InBangkok said:

Back on subject, the key to ageing happily surely is to enjoy everything that life offers to the fullest - within your financial resources. This world is such a fantastic place. Enjoy it or as much as you can. Be happy in your personal life even if that means you prefer being alone to having a long term relationship. Good friendships are as important as lovers. Indulge your passions. Don't put what you'd like to do off for too long because time passes so quickly. Before you know it you turn from your 20s to 30s to 40s to 50s and then on to older age when you may not be able to enjoy those passions much longer. Try not to wait to enjoy life. Try not to get bogged down in anything that makes you feel down and then get stuck in a rut. Enjoy this life. It's the only one we have, as far as we know.

Yes, you are right, but I have one concern.

Your use "to the fullest" might be misunderstood.

Certain things in excess may damage you that you don't reach the 50s.

Important is also, while in younger years you might live life to the fullest but don't overdo.

This delaying of things to do is complicated.

Unfortunately, we are often embroiled in work or spend too much on working and then don't focus on what we enjoy or the time for leisure is reduced. 

It is also good to learn to get your own "time" not thinking of work or even working.

You need to learn to draw the line.

Most important as a gay I find "bonding", to find a batch of good friends that last until your old days.

As most of us won't have kids, you need to look out for a bunch of guys who can be around if you need someone.

Means, don't start too late in finding your friends. Also, they can join you for holiday trips and brighten up your times instead of always being alone or traveling alone. While for certain reasons it might be good to travel alone (take sex), but keep in mind that sexual acts may be reduced in later times, but having a friend who joins you may be then of more relevance.

Don't underestimate friendships as a gay. And keep in mind, relationships can end or break, but friends should be for the "good". What i mean is, plan that you might be single even if you are in a relationship.

On 2/13/2022 at 10:34 PM, InBangkok said:

I agree with your post, except what you write about not being able to enjoy those passions after the 50s.   Like it is wise to save a certain fraction of our income to build up an estate for the future,  it is wise so save a certain amount of "life time" to maximize the chances of enjoying old age.  Instead of only thinking of enjoying life in a fast lane,  we should choose a healthy and moderate life style so that enjoyments and passions don't end precipitously when we reach middle age. 

On 2/14/2022 at 4:37 AM, singalion said:

Looks like you have never been to Surabaya in Indonesia...

the cars don't even stop when there is red light at the traffic light.

the zebras are just for decoration.

The mayor installed these noisy alarms to help people to cross the street but the cars just ignore them.

the worst, if you are in a hotel nearby of such a crossing, the noisy pedestrian traffic signals with that beeping noise may rob your sleep.

But street crossing in certain cities in the US come with risks also, in particular if you are not a White.

😂

It's good that you recognize that simple street crossing comes with much, much more risk than fasting.  After learning the basic ways and precautions to do fasting,  nobody ends up in the hospital from regular fasting.  Not  here, not in Vietnam, not in Indonesia.  :) 

On 2/14/2022 at 4:54 AM, singalion said:

Yes, you are right, but I have one concern.

Your use "to the fullest" might be misunderstood.

Certain things in excess may damage you that you don't reach the 50s.

Important is also, while in younger years you might live life to the fullest but don't overdo.

This delaying of things to do is complicated.

Unfortunately, we are often embroiled in work or spend too much on working and then don't focus on what we enjoy or the time for leisure is reduced. 

It is also good to learn to get your own "time" not thinking of work or even working.

You need to learn to draw the line.

Most important as a gay I find "bonding", to find a batch of good friends that last until your old days.

As most of us won't have kids, you need to look out for a bunch of guys who can be around if you need someone.

Means, don't start too late in finding your friends. Also, they can join you for holiday trips and brighten up your times instead of always being alone or traveling alone. While for certain reasons it might be good to travel alone (take sex), but keep in mind that sexual acts may be reduced in later times, but having a friend who joins you may be then of more relevance.

Don't underestimate friendships as a gay. And keep in mind, relationships can end or break, but friends should be for the "good". What i mean is, plan that you might be single even if you are in a relationship.

Agree!  

Many of us are inclined to choose a life of "deferred gratification".   We strive to learn in school.  We go to the university and become professionals. Or we train for long hours to become serious musicians, champion athletes, etc.  Then we seek good employment and pursue a career, dedicating much effort to it.   Why?  It is all for the "future".  

This is in contrast with the individual who tries to live every moment to the very best.  Who is right?   Here comes in the  factor of longevity.  Deferred gratification may be the best choice in a long life.  But it has its risks?  What if all we do is prepare for the future, and then we suddenly die?  The risk of living every moment to the very best is that a decline which can come from such a life and / or getting tired of the fast lane can prematurely end the enjoyment and be replaced by depression and dissatisfaction.  And then, even if life continues for a long time,  it is not enjoyable.

A solution can be to find satisfaction, even enjoyment in the deferred gratification.  Like frugality can be enjoyable. And moderation is the key.  One can defer gratification, but it does not have to be 100% of it.   One thing I have noticed, now that I have so many decades of deferrals,  is that it forms a habit,  a second nature.  Even being nearly an octogenarian, I am still deferring... like I would live forever.  So I am frequently telling myself: "why don't you spend more money and time now in what I consider trivia?  Be a little more frivolous.  Take on some activities that you don't care much about because you don't try them, and see if it adds to your life".  One example is my plan to attend more concerts and operas in my city, which has plenty of them.  And find interested and interesting persons to go with me. 

I see in my next years a transformation into a life in a faster lane.  But still under the speed limit.  One thing I won't compromise is in giving priority to health and longevity. 

On 2/14/2022 at 4:42 AM, singalion said:

But there is your stubbornness.

That episode could have been resolved a long time back.

Don't take such grudges into your grave... it might affect your reincarnation...

and you end up looking like your non existent drunk brother always 15 years older than you!

Here you are exercising your stubbornness once again.

I have here no grudge to take into my grave.   To begin with, there won't be such a grave.  I choose to be cremated when the time comes.

Now that you mention it,  I feel sorry that the other individual will have to take his big tantrum, his big grudge with him, hopefully not into his grave.  He could have resolved the issue long time back by accepting my apology.

I always wanted to have a brother, who could have been the drunk 15 years older than me!  Instead I got a fantastic sister, intelligent, smart, and so loving like family should be. :) 

On 2/14/2022 at 10:25 AM, singalion said:

If you need someone to throw your ashes into the Ganges, don't hesitate to ask...

I will gather some Sadhus for you to hold a ceremony for you, but exclusively those only who practice intermittent fasting...

😄

I don't lose hope that you will appreciate the practice of intermittent fasting and take care of your health so that you will also extend your longevity.  Otherwise, it will be my offer to throw your ashes into the Ganges.  I am sure that I will still be traveling to Asia by then.  :)  

There are so many videos on YouTube about fasting!   I found one by a prestigious Dr. Valter Longo that called my attention.  "How to Fast Without Feeling Hungry".  

This good doctor has devised a way to attract people who freak out at the idea of not eating their three meals a day,  @InBangkok?, @singalion?,  but would still like to receive the benefits of fasting.  So he created a "fasting mimicking diet" that lasts for 5 days, during which those weak individuals eat their meals out of five near-empty boxes sent by the good doctor to them for 300 dollars. :lol:  There should be about 800 "calories" in each box.  Imagine if the difference between 800 calories and zero calories could make such a difference to people's bodies!   But it seems to make a difference to their fear neurons in their brains.  Let's hope all this is for good...

Dr. Longo has also written a best-seller "The Longevity Diet",  that is another example of naivety, which describes the biography of him and then makes propaganda for his ProLon diet product,  I guess the $300 near empty boxes...

Maybe there is less dishonesty in this "mimicking" if this is the only way this doctor found to convince the many people (er...) who poop on fasting and so miss out on its benefits.   I read somewhere that the doctor uses the profits from his mimicking to fund his research. 

On 2/12/2022 at 10:37 PM, Steve5380 said:

we should keep an open mind about so many different and contradictory theories,  and navigate this unknown with intelligence and common sense,  trusting primarily our own experience

Fair point! But you still have not answered the question I have posed many times on this thread in the hope that you would provide a clear and succinct answer. 

You propose on the basis of what you have recently learned that in order to promote longevity readers should consider fasting for a minimum of 4 days. I recall that you started at 5 days but found your body could not last for 5 and cut it to 4. No problem and understandable.

But - you are nearly an octogenarian. You do little active work in your daily routine apart from attending a gym a few days a week for regular akido lessons. Therefore you have a lot of time on your hands when you do little other than your passions of playing the piano and watching youtube and other videos. Please note this is not here a criticism! Merely a fact. So I think it is more than fair to say you live a much more sedentary lifestyle compared to younger people. Your body can handle going without food and surviving merely with water for several days.

The question I have repeatedly asked is very simple, but you do not answer. Assume you are a young man  in Singapore or other parts of Asia and you are in your 20s, 30s or 40s. perhaps even in your 50s. You have a full time job requiring the constant use of your brain, your body as you move around the city and your office, activities helping your elderly parents - and so on. You go out regularly with your friends for coffee and/or meals. Perhaps you play one or more sports or go to a gym to keep fit. Perhaps you enjoy travelling and are able to travel from time to time. In other words, your life is very full and active.

Assume you are one of these guys. During your days you are burning a large number of calories. To keep up with your schedule, those calories have to be replaced. You cannot replace them with water. So will you please inform readers how YOUNG SINGAPOREAN AND OTHER ASIANS in that age grouping can possibly consider a 5-day water diet? It's impossible! And of what possible use would it be to them? The fact is it would do them absolutely no good whatsoever! If you disagree, then please inform readers how they fit in a 5-day water fast with such an active lifestyle?

What you are promoting may work for you and others of your age. Great. I'm happy for you, although i certainly would not consider it even when I get to that age. Personal preference. But why do you spend so much time promoting it here when all you are indulging in is a form of self-promotion that is useless for the vast majority of BW readers?

Edited by InBangkok

On 2/15/2022 at 12:39 AM, Steve5380 said:

I don't lose hope that you will appreciate the practice of intermittent fasting and take care of your health so that you will also extend your longevity.  Otherwise, it will be my offer to throw your ashes into the Ganges.  I am sure that I will still be traveling to Asia by then.  :)  

When I look at the doctor's advice given to my parents, then even elderly should not do excessive fasting.

They told me that their doctor informed them that with growing age, it is more difficult for the body to absorb nutrients vitamins and minerals. More seems to be "washed" out.

I just did a check on this and found the following:

How Does Aging Affect Your Nutritional Needs?

Aging is linked to a variety of changes in the body, including muscle loss, thinner skin and less stomach acid.

Some of these changes can make you prone to nutrient deficiencies, while others can affect your senses and quality of life.

For example, studies have estimated that 20% of elderly people have atrophic gastritis, a condition in which chronic inflammation has damaged the cells that produce stomach acid (1).

Low stomach acid can affect the absorption of nutrients, such as vitamin B12, calcium, iron and magnesium (1, 2Trusted Source).

However, even though older adults need fewer calories, they need just as high or even higher levels of some nutrients, compared to younger people.

This makes it very important for older people to eat a variety of whole foods, such as fruits, vegetables, fish and lean meats. These healthy staples can help you fight nutrient deficiencies, without expanding your waistline.

Nutrients that become especially important as you age include protein, vitamin D, calcium and vitamin B12.

Note that the article is meant for elderly who do not upkeep sports or similar activity.

This means fasting should be the last thing that older people should do!

Edited by singalion

On 2/14/2022 at 11:40 PM, InBangkok said:

Fair point! But you still have not answered the question I have posed many times on this thread in the hope that you would provide a clear and succinct answer. 

You propose on the basis of what you have recently learned that in order to promote longevity readers should consider fasting for a minimum of 4 days. I recall that you started at 5 days but found your body could not last for 5 and cut it to 4. No problem and understandable.

But - you are nearly an octogenarian. You do little active work in your daily routine apart from attending a gym a few days a week for regular akido lessons. Therefore you have a lot of time on your hands when you do little other than your passions of playing the piano and watching youtube and other videos. Please note this is not here a criticism! Merely a fact. So I think it is more than fair to say you live a much more sedentary lifestyle compared to younger people. Your body can handle going without food and surviving merely with water for several days.

The question I have repeatedly asked is very simple, but you do not answer. Assume you are a young man  in Singapore or other parts of Asia and you are in your 20s, 30s or 40s. perhaps even in your 50s. You have a full time job requiring the constant use of your brain, your body as you move around the city and your office, activities helping your elderly parents - and so on. You go out regularly with your friends for coffee and/or meals. Perhaps you play one or more sports or go to a gym to keep fit. Perhaps you enjoy travelling and are able to travel from time to time. In other words, your life is very full and active.

Assume you are one of these guys. During your days you are burning a large number of calories. To keep up with your schedule, those calories have to be replaced. You cannot replace them with water. So will you please inform readers how YOUNG SINGAPOREAN AND OTHER ASIANS in that age grouping can possibly consider a 5-day water diet? It's impossible! And of what possible use would it be to them? The fact is it would do them absolutely no good whatsoever! If you disagree, then please inform readers how they fit in a 5-day water fast with such an active lifestyle?

What you are promoting may work for you and others of your age. Great. I'm happy for you, although i certainly would not consider it even when I get to that age. Personal preference. But why do you spend so much time promoting it here when all you are indulging in is a form of self-promotion that is useless for the vast majority of BW readers?

It seems that you have multiple misunderstandings here,  starting with the topic of this thread.

It is not exclusive "for gays who are seniors",  but for gays WHO WILL BE SENIORS one day.  This includes ALL the BW readers who don't plan to die young, and you too.

And I don't remember advising to start fasting for a minimum of 4 days.  This is a wrong way of "starting".

There is no doubt that fasting is a healthy practice for everyone who is not weakened by illnesses, malnourished, debilitated.  The elderly and those with full blown diabetes should take extra precautions before starting a fasting program.  The majority of BW readers don't have these limitations, and they perfectly qualify for fasting.  Especially the young who plan to live into old age should make a small investment in nutrition smartness so that they will benefit in old age with health, functionality and good mind.  They will avoid becoming overweight and have trouble reversing it.

Those in their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s are at an ideal age to practice fasting.  Same with those who are strong and healthy in their 70s and older.   I hope this answers your question.

Another misconception is that fasting takes time.  How can not eating take more time than eating??

I have now such a good example since to my surprise, my son revealed to me that he practices intermittent fasting.  What is the "tremendous complication" of this?   He simply skips breakfast,  just drinking some coffee.  Then, with empty stomach he goes to work and does complicated abdominal surgeries, on patients who may be unaware that he is still fasting.  He only eats twice a day,  Lunch during a break after noon, and then dinner.  He is very busy,  more than a person working a regular job in an office,  he is on call practically the whole day. Then after work, he needs to care for his family,  wife and 3 children.  Fasting does not interfere with this.  And he is...  a doctor!,  still trusting the alleged "quackery" of fasting!!  And not afraid of it.

The right way of starting fasting I would recommend is to start with intermittent fasting, setting up a daily 16 hours fast that includes sleeping,  and eating two meals during the remaining 8 hours of the day.  This over several months should correct any metabolic impediments and leave it completely flexible,  able to change between glucose and fat without problems, and correct any insensitivity to insulin.   This start can be as simple as skipping breakfast,  which is not considered "the most important meal in the day" anymore,  and eating all food during lunch and dinner. ( this is what Mark Sisson advises in his book "Two Meals a Day",  a good read ) This also benefits from abstention of snacking.  Here of big help is to ingest clear liquids, like water, tea, coffee, whenever a temptation is felt to bring something into the mouth.  Believe me,  this overcoming of the vice of snacking becomes much, much easier this way than trying to "restrict calories" and eat normally but less.  

After some time of practicing the intermittent fasting, one can experiment with suppressing one of the other meals, and then one does a 24 hour fasting.   Go from one dinner to the one next day without eating.  This is easy!  Then one good day one can try skipping the next three meals and do a 48 (two day) fasting.  These should not be very frequent.  And so on until achieving four days, five days without food.  These long fasts should be limited to once every couple of months, like every three months, that is 4 times a year, or even less often.

None of this, @InBangkok, should be out of your reach.  It can come at a good time, now that you are in your 60s and somewhat overweight.  I assume that you are in good health, and you can do all this by yourself.  But nothing prevents you from consulting your doctors,  of which you have several in your family.  They won't mislead you.

I am doing all this without any problems.  Precautions are recommended for seniors like me,  but I am in good health and good shape.  I have not lost ANY weight,  ANY muscle,  ANY strength with this fasting.   I don't know yet the full extent of benefits from this, since I don't have any tests done.  But I am planning to get a continuous glucose monitor, and check how different foods influence my blood sugar level. This will allow me to further optimize my diet,  selecting  those who cause the least increase in insulin among the many healthy foods.  I never had a drop in sugar levels, hypoglycemia, which gives me further confidence.  

Try it.  Don't let this opportunity pass.  :)

On 2/16/2022 at 4:40 AM, Steve5380 said:

He simply skips breakfast,  just drinking some coffee. 

There is plenty of research that indicates the benefits of breakfast and people should not skip breakfast but should eat less for dinner (and nothing for supper).

I am actually not sure why you keep on posting wrong advices on BW.

Can you start getting a little bit more responsible.

Don't forget most of us here are in the working age. Please do not instill wrong advice.

Published online 2019 Aug 22. doi: 10.3390/jcdd6030030
PMCID: PMC6787634
PMID: 31443394

Skipping Breakfast and the Risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Death: A Systematic Review of Prospective Cohort Studies in Primary Prevention Settings

Abstract

Several studies have associated skipping (not having) breakfast with cardiometabolic risk factors such as obesity, high blood pressure, unfavorable lipid profiles, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome. We examined the available evidence regarding the effect of skipping breakfast on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality, as well as all-cause mortality. Medline, Embase, and Web of Science were searched from inception until May 2019 to identify prospective cohort studies that examined the association between skipping breakfast and the risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality and all-cause death. Electronic searches were supplemented by manual screening of the references of retrieved studies. Out of 456 citations identified, four studies (from Japan and the US) were included. The included studies involved a total of 199,634 adults (aged ≥40 years; 48.5% female) without known cardiovascular disease (CVD) at baseline followed over a median duration of 17.4 years. The pooled data suggested that people who regularly skipped breakfast were about 21% more likely (hazard ratio (HR) 1.21, 95% confidence interval (CI) 1.08–1.35; I2 = 17.3%, p = 0.304) to experience incident CVD or die from it than people who regularly consumed breakfast. Also, the risk of all-cause death was 32% higher (HR 1.32, 95% CI 1.17–1.48; I2 = 7.6%, p = 0.339) in people who regularly skipped breakfast than in people who regularly consumed breakfast. However, the definition of skipping breakfast was heterogenous and adjustment for confounders varied significantly. Therefore, residual confounding could not be ruled out and caution is required in the interpretation of the findings. Hence, large prospective studies with a consistent definition of skipping breakfast, and conducted across different populations, are needed to provide more robust evidence of the health effects of skipping breakfast.

5. Conclusions

Pooled data from a small number of published prospective cohort studies from the US and Japan suggest that skipping breakfast is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease morbidity and mortality as well as all-cause death.

The more recent food researchers indicate from preliminary results that "intermittent fasting" should be done not more than 12 hours and preferably between 7pm to 8am during night time. health benefits can be gained also as "fat burning" if food intake is restricted from above timings during the night until the breakfast.

What I don't understand is that you come up with more and more totally counterproductive nutrition advice on BW.

Readers Alert No. 2

Guys who plan to do slimming or reduce weight, please seek advice from a doctor or nutrition expert who analyses your body first and recommends a therapy. 

Don't listen to Steve's suggestions if you don't intend to end up with more problems...

On 2/15/2022 at 9:18 PM, singalion said:

There is plenty of research that indicates the benefits of breakfast and people should not skip breakfast but should eat less for dinner (and nothing for supper).

I am actually not sure why you keep on posting wrong advices on BW.

Can you start getting a little bit more responsible.

Don't forget most of us here are in the working age. Please do not instill wrong advice.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa....

On 2/15/2022 at 9:29 PM, singalion said:

Readers Alert No. 2

Guys who plan to do slimming or reduce weight, please seek advice from a doctor or nutrition expert who analyses your body first and recommends a therapy. 

Don't listen to Steve's suggestions if you don't intend to end up with more problems...

Ha ha haaahhh...  :lol::lol:....   Is Steve a "quack" ?

On 2/15/2022 at 9:22 PM, singalion said:

Skipping Breakfast and the Risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Death: A Systematic Review of Prospective Cohort Studies in Primary Prevention Settings

Abstract

Several studies have associated skipping (not having) breakfast with cardiometabolic risk factors such as obesity, high blood pressure, unfavorable lipid profiles, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome. We examined the available evidence regarding the effect of skipping breakfast on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality, as well as all-cause mortality. Medline, Embase, and Web of Science were searched from inception until May 2019 to identify prospective cohort studies that examined the association between skipping breakfast and the risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality and all-cause death. Electronic searches were supplemented by manual screening of the references of retrieved studies. Out of 456 citations identified, four studies (from Japan and the US) were included. The included studies involved a total of 199,634 adults (aged ≥40 years; 48.5% female) without known cardiovascular disease (CVD) at baseline followed over a median duration of 17.4 years. The pooled data suggested that people who regularly skipped breakfast were about 21% more likely (hazard ratio (HR) 1.21, 95% confidence interval (CI) 1.08–1.35; I2 = 17.3%, p = 0.304) to experience incident CVD or die from it than people who regularly consumed breakfast. Also, the risk of all-cause death was 32% higher (HR 1.32, 95% CI 1.17–1.48; I2 = 7.6%, p = 0.339) in people who regularly skipped breakfast than in people who regularly consumed breakfast. However, the definition of skipping breakfast was heterogenous and adjustment for confounders varied significantly. Therefore, residual confounding could not be ruled out and caution is required in the interpretation of the findings. Hence, large prospective studies with a consistent definition of skipping breakfast, and conducted across different populations, are needed to provide more robust evidence of the health effects of skipping breakfast.

5. Conclusions

Pooled data from a small number of published prospective cohort studies from the US and Japan suggest that skipping breakfast is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease morbidity and mortality as well as all-cause death.

You saw this report and you rushed... RUSHED  to do some posting here TO PROVE ME WRONG.

This report is only one of many that promote the myth that eating breakfast is important.  But more recent prestigious and trustworthy publications indicate that breakfast is no different from any other meal. 

Why I do not call this report "quackery" and blame you for posting incorrect information?  Because I am educated and I recognize that in the field of nutrition there are many incompatible theories that are not "quackery",  but they correspond to different eras and ways of thinking.  So the ideas in your report were established knowledge a while ago, but today new theories are emerging that finds the old theories irrelevant.   This IS NOT a reason to start calling people names!  

Look for example at this article by Healthline,  a trustworthy publication: "Is skipping breakfast bad for you?  The Surprising Truth":

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/is-skipping-breakfast-bad

Skipping Breakfast May Even Have Some Health Benefits

Skipping breakfast is a common part of many intermittent fasting methods.

This includes the 16/8 method, which consists of a 16-hour overnight fast followed by an 8-hour eating window.

This eating window usually ranges from lunch until dinner, which means that you skip breakfast every day.

Intermittent fasting has been shown to effectively reduce calorie intake, increase weight loss and improve metabolic health (14Trusted Source, 15Trusted Source, 16Trusted Source, 17Trusted Source, 18Trusted Source).

However, it’s important to mention that intermittent fasting and/or skipping breakfast does not suit everyone. The effects vary by individual (19Trusted Source).

Some people may experience positive effects, while others may develop headaches, drops in blood sugar, faintness and lack of concentration (20Trusted Source, 21Trusted Source).

BOTTOM LINE:

Skipping breakfast is a part of many intermittent fasting protocols, such as the 16/8 method. Intermittent fasting can have numerous health benefits.

On 2/15/2022 at 9:27 PM, singalion said:

The more recent food researchers indicate from preliminary results that "intermittent fasting" should be done not more than 12 hours and preferably between 7pm to 8am during night time. health benefits can be gained also as "fat burning" if food intake is restricted from above timings during the night until the breakfast.

What I don't understand is that you come up with more and more totally counterproductive nutrition advice on BW.

"Should be done not more than 12 hours"?   From where did you get this nonsense?  Some recommendations for people with handicaps?   Here at BW we don't have much handicaps, except that we are gay,  and this should NOT be a handicap :lol:

Even the math of your "recommendation" is wrong.  From 7pm to 8am is 13 hours,  not 12!

I have tried my best to make you understand that my recommendations are positive.  And I don't think that it is a lack of understanding,  but a desperation to prove me wrong!

Soon it will be two months since I started doing intermittent fasting MYSELF.  Regardless of publications of quack quacks. I get up in the morning 14 hours since I ate dinner, and I go to the gym to exercise.  When I come back I don't eat breakfast but I eat it at lunch time together with lunch.  Like I wrote to InBangkok,  I have not experienced any negative effects.   If you would do the same, you would "understand".   But this may be the last you will do, or say you do. 

What a pity!  Such a wasted effort.  But I am sure that smart gays here at BW will "understand" and try the positive advice.

Edited by Steve5380

On 2/16/2022 at 3:40 AM, Steve5380 said:

Those in their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s are at an ideal age to practice fasting.  Same with those who are strong and healthy in their 70s and older.   I hope this answers your question.

You have never answered the question! So will you kindly consider and respond factually to what I wrote -

On 2/15/2022 at 12:40 PM, InBangkok said:

On 2/16/2022 at 12:38 PM, Steve5380 said:

Even the math of your "recommendation" is wrong.  From 7pm to 8am is 13 hours,  not 12!

it is not my recommendation, Therefore it is not my maths.

It is meant as 12 hours due to ketosis reasons

(for clarification purposes amended:

The night fasting  should happen between 7pm to 8am or 9am for a period of not more than 12 hours.

For US Citizens: if you start the fasting at 7pm stop at 7am, if you start at 8pm stop at 8am. Given time of fasting should not exceed 12 hours. In the event of any misinterpretation, post shall not be liable for any damages... )

Edited by singalion

On 2/15/2022 at 10:42 PM, InBangkok said:

You have never answered the question! So will you kindly consider and respond factually to what I wrote -

Didn't you read what I wrote?  I wrote enough about fasting and posted enough expert information,  so that your question is completely out of place! 

You keep coming up with this misinterpretation that I or someone else expects that we follow a "diet" of 5 day water-only fasting!  The true recommendation is that moderate fasting is healthy,  and an intermittent fasting is a good eating habit.  This can be done daily.  A 5-day fasting is something exceptional,  and there are cases where it is a goal for people who have some ugly chronic diseases like diabetes type 2 who try to get rid of them.  And it can be something to investigate for people who want to optimize their health and achieve the best longevity,  but not everyone is in this situation.

Edited by Steve5380

On 2/16/2022 at 12:38 PM, Steve5380 said:

Soon it will be two months since I started doing intermittent fasting MYSELF.  Regardless of publications of quack quacks. I get up in the morning 14 hours since I ate dinner, and I go to the gym to exercise.  When I come back I don't eat breakfast but I eat it at lunch time together with lunch.  Like I wrote to InBangkok,  I have not experienced any negative effects.   If you would do the same, you would "understand".   But this may be the last you will do, or say you do. 

You, you, you and you...

You never consider other people's conditions.

Intermittent fasting is not suited for everyone. When will  you get it.

Your repeated false recommendation is irresponsible!

Readers Alert No 3:

BW Readers don't just follow the advice of Steve without any verification of any nutritionist or doctor whether it is suited for you. 

On 2/15/2022 at 10:54 PM, singalion said:

it is not my recommendation, Therefore it is not my maths.

It is meant as minimum 12 hours due to ketosis reasons

And please look back at your earlier post,  and realize that the 12 hours you wrote are a MAXIMUM,  not a minimum!

Holy ghost!  Do I always have to hold your hand?  :lol:

On 2/16/2022 at 11:27 AM, singalion said:

On 2/16/2022 at 12:59 PM, Steve5380 said:

And please look back at your earlier post,  and realize that the 12 hours you wrote are a MAXIMUM,  not a minimum!

Holy ghost!  Do I always have to hold your hand?  :lol:

There was nothing wrong in my initital post.

It is said between 7pm to 8am not more than 12 hours.

You miscomprehended the earlier post.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:57 PM, singalion said:

Readers Alert No 3:

BW Readers don't just follow the advice of Steve without any verification of any nutritionist or doctor whether it is suited for you. 

Readers Alert No 4:

Singalion has been caught in a lot of mistakes and false information,  and this has ruffled his feathers.  There is nothing more dangerous than a Singalion with ruffled feathers.  :lol:

So please don't contradict him,  he may suffer a heart attack.  Just nod, and do what you are confident doing.  There is so much advice about working out at home or at a gym.  Yet how many of you will have a full doctor checkup before doing any exercising?  Isn't this something for people who are somewhat handicapped?   If you are healthy,  won't you start actively walking,  or jogging, or doing some other exercise,  with caution but with confidence that it won't kill you?

Similarly,  if you are healthy and not malnourish, sick, with eating disorders and what not,  you can try an intermittent fasting,  which is as simple as skipping breakfast,  without any dangers to your health.

Don't let some resented individual, who MUST always know better and have the last word,  scare you with some false warnings.  Would you get scared if some warns you that by jerking off you will have hairs grow on your palms?  There was a time when people really believed this!  😄

On 2/16/2022 at 12:22 PM, Steve5380 said:

However, it’s important to mention that intermittent fasting and/or skipping breakfast does not suit everyone. The effects vary by individual (19Trusted Source).

Some people may experience positive effects, while others may develop headaches, drops in blood sugar, faintness and lack of concentration (20Trusted Source, 21Trusted Source).

Readers just see the advice on healthline.

Skipping breaksfast is different for everyone.

the article already gave the disclaimer.

Steve is just playing ignorant on the disclaimers and warnings of his own article taken as evidence.

Read it please.

Go check with a nutrition specialist or doctor before you follow any of Steve's advice on BW.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.