Male HQ

Monkeypox Virus Discussion (Racist & Idiotic post will be removed)

Guest Monkey Pox Beware

Last time cases reported in SG was 5th Aug. Based on MOH, we now know on average most cases appear 7 to 10 days, some 14 days, maximum 21 days. Logically then, there is a time lag from transmission to cases diagnosed and reported (some ppl unsure/denial will drag it further in time). Meaning, need to observe about 1 cycle of 14 days to know if any transmission occured in the previous 2 weeks. Then, another two weeks just in case. 

Today is the first 2-week mark.

Meanwhile,

UK running out of vaccines

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62551821

US, as usual, messy

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/15/health/monkeypox-vaccine-distribution.html

On 8/9/2022 at 8:33 PM, Guest Guest said:

Thank you for proving to everyone what so many have mentioned before, that foreign trash like you are only here in Singapore for your own personal joy, entertainment and benefit. At the end of the day, if anything goes wrong, all you need to do is to pack your bags and fly home, while the citizens will have to clean up the shit you have pooped all over.

And who cleans the shit you poop all over the foreigners ??

In my multiple visits to Singapore I was always a foreigner.  And I went there ONLY for my personal joy, entertainment and benefit.  Or... what you think?   That I visited Singapore to glorify and give money to Kong Hee and his City Harvest Church?  Or to cheer for Ms. Thio Li-ann?  Or to contribute to the profits of its low-value expensive hotels?

I remember my personal joy peaking at Towel Club.  How much I enjoyed their Full Moon days!  So many gorgeous guys!  And their attitude towards foreigners were...   so different than yours.  YUMM.  

Guest Derelict
On 8/18/2022 at 11:16 AM, Steve5380 said:

In my multiple visits to Singapore I was always a foreigner.  And I went there ONLY for my personal joy, entertainment and benefit.  Or... what you think?   That I visited Singapore to glorify and give money to Kong Hee and his City Harvest Church?  Or to cheer for Ms. Thio Li-ann?  Or to contribute to the profits of its low-value expensive hotels?

I remember my personal joy peaking at Towel Club.  How much I enjoyed their Full Moon days!  So many gorgeous guys!  And their attitude towards foreigners were...   so different than yours.  YUMM.  

Because they couldn't see you in the dark.

Too bad now you are not only ugly but extremely old.  Your weak legs couldn't bring you out of America and all you could do is watch the monitor and rub your flaccid lump in vain

On 8/18/2022 at 11:16 AM, Steve5380 said:

The point in his post that "citizens" clean up the dirt made me laugh ROFL style already.

Just wonder what citizen is that, when in fact foreigners clean the dirt of the citizens in Singapore...

I don't think that Guest ever stepped out of his house or the facility he lives/is being held for the past 20 years... 😂

On 8/18/2022 at 8:59 AM, PlayersGroup said:

Last time cases reported in SG was 5th Aug. Based on MOH, we now know on average most cases appear 7 to 10 days, some 14 days, maximum 21 days. Logically then, there is a time lag from transmission to cases diagnosed and reported (some ppl unsure/denial will drag it further in time). Meaning, need to observe about 1 cycle of 14 days to know if any transmission occured in the previous 2 weeks. Then, another two weeks just in case. 

Today is the first 2-week mark.

Meanwhile,

UK running out of vaccines

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62551821

US, as usual, messy

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/15/health/monkeypox-vaccine-distribution.html

Surprising nothing emerged the past weeks.

After all the message from the local authorities that monkeypox is harmless, maybe the infected are healing it on their own at home...

But I don't think it is over.

Covid had these waves too.

End of September there is Formula 1 with plenty of visitors coming here...

Local guys are also travelling overseas, not sure what souvenirs they might bring home...

Edited by singalion

On 8/18/2022 at 12:37 PM, singalion said:

Surprising nothing emerged the past weeks.

After all the message from the local authorities that monkeypox is harmless, maybe the infected are healing it on their own at home...

But I don't think it is over.

Covid had these waves too.

End of September there is Formula 1 with plenty of visitors coming here...

If it becomes endemic in US, UK, Europe, it'll be very hard for it not to become endemic in Singapore as well. I hope not. Just read new research that says serial infection of HSV-1 and chicken pox seems to cause Alzeimer's. As a relative of chicken pox, I wonder if monkeypox does the same.

It'll be new ammunition for all the anti vaccines anti-PAP folks to cast blame again. I'm not a fan of PAP or oppo, but I pity those in decision-making positions. Anything they do, there's always someone who's gonna be unhappy.

Oh and since u r on the other thread as well, maybe indulge me in some conspiracy theory too: what are the chances monkeypox starts spreading not long after Russian invasion of Ukraine? Were you the one who shared the info that countries keep smallpox vaccines in case of biological warfare? What better way to run down Allied forces supplies of smallpox vaccine by planting monkeypox in US/ Europe? Haha....

Edited by PlayersGroup

On 8/18/2022 at 12:56 PM, PlayersGroup said:

Oh and since u r on the other thread as well, maybe indulge me in some conspiracy theory too: what are the chances monkeypox starts spreading not long after Russian invasion of Ukraine? Were you the one who shared the info that countries keep smallpox vaccines in case of biological warfare? What better way to run down Allied forces supplies of smallpox vaccine by planting monkeypox in US/ Europe? Haha....

Wrong narrative, it comes with the grain ships from the Ukrainian ports, guess why they took longer to depart as they were laced with monkeypox by the Russian Army... ... ... 😆

Saddam Hussein is turning in his grave, "damn, finally they found it..."

(Wonder how long it needs until it is taken up by RT and Breitbart... )

The info on the smallpox vaccines kept by governments was not a conspiracy theory but real, ok!

Substantiation:

• Store drugs and vaccines – CDC keeps a stockpile of drugs and vaccines to help during emergencies. In the Strategic National Stockpile there are enough doses of smallpox vaccine to give every person in the United States a vaccine, if they want it, in a smallpox emergency. This stockpile also has drugs that might help treat people who get sick with smallpox.

https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/bioterrorism/public/index.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/smallpox-vaccines-protect-against-monkeypox-stockpiled-rcna29919

The U.S. keeps two vaccines for smallpox approved by the Food and Drug Administration in the Strategic National Stockpile — a product, in part, of a 9/11-enhanced fear of bioterrorism.

Edited by singalion

On 8/18/2022 at 8:05 PM, Since u r here said:

is there a racial implication to it?

it is more of pp now tend to link the pox to gay behaviours...hence the change is required

I read from few google news and apparently there are some people around the world like the South America region. These people thought that Monkeypox came from the monkeys, so they went to kill some monkeys. Thus, the WHO needs to find a replacement name for this virus, so people won’t think that killing the monkeys will prevent people to get monkeypox.

On 8/18/2022 at 4:05 PM, Since u r here said:

is there a racial implication to it?

it is more of pp now tend to link the pox to gay behaviours...hence the change is required

Yes, monkey and humans eat bananas... and gays suck bananas. 

Got it?

I think some people confuse the countries of origin with the name of the disease instead that the name derives from the origin of the disease from monkeys... 

On 8/18/2022 at 7:02 PM, cityhallguy said:

I read from few google news and apparently there are some people around the world like the South America region. These people thought that Monkeypox came from the monkeys, so they went to kill some monkeys. Thus, the WHO needs to find a replacement name for this virus, so people won’t think that killing the monkeys will prevent people to get monkeypox.

Did they also kill bats during Covid?

On 8/19/2022 at 1:39 AM, singalion said:

Did they also kill bats during Covid?

If Covid is named as Batvirus then probably they would.

-Quote-

“Continuing to use the term ‘monkeypox’ to describe the current outbreak may reignite these traumatic feelings of racism and stigma—particularly for Black people and other people of color, as well as members of the LGBTQIA+ communities, and it is possible that they may avoid engaging in vital health care services because of it,” the letter said. (The current outbreak has disproportionately affected men who have sex with men, as well as people of color, per the CDC.)

-Unquote-

-Quote-

A new name also comes on the heels of rising violence toward monkeys: Last week, the WHO asked the public to refrain from attacking monkeys following reports that some had been stoned, beaten, poisoned, and killed in Brazil. The issue was raised during a press briefing held in Geneva, during which a WHO spokesperson explained why the disease was originally called monkeypox and urged the public not to attack monkeys: “Monkeypox virus is in a number of different animals…. The only reason it got named monkeypox is this virus was first identified in a group of monkeys,” the spokesperson said. “What people need to know very clearly is the transmission we are seeing is happening between humans to humans. They should certainly not be attacking any animals.”

-Unquote-

Details of the quoted information can be found in this link

https://www.self.com/story/monkeypox-name-change/amp

Monkeypox cases will be given isolation orders and can recover at home from Aug 22: MOH

Published August 19, 2022

SINGAPORE — Monkeypox cases will be allowed to recover at home from next Monday (Aug 22) if they are assessed to be clinically stable by a doctor and their place of residence is deemed suitable, said the Ministry of Health (MOH) on Friday.

They will be able to recover safety at their place of residence under the Home Recovery Programme, said MOH, adding that those assessed to be at higher risk of complications will continue to be managed in hospitals.

All confirmed monkeypox cases will be issued with an isolation order and are required under the Infectious Diseases Act to remain isolated until they are medically assessed to be non-infectious.

They will be taken to NCID at the end of their isolation period to undergo a discharge review.

"If they are medically assessed to have fully recovered, they will be able to exit isolation. If they have not recovered, they will continue to be isolated until the next appointed discharge review," said MOH.

Currently, all monkeypox cases assessed by public hospitals to be clinically stable recover with telemedicine support at a monkeypox isolation facility.

Their place of residence is deemed suitable by MOH if it fulfils the following conditions:

• The case can self-isolate in a bedroom with an attached bathroom, and there is an additional bathroom for other household members’ use.
  • None of the other household members are pregnant, children aged 12 and below, seniors aged 80 and above, people who are undergoing dialysis, immunocompromised or on immunosuppressants, or individuals who are at higher risk of being infected, such as those with caregiving needs.
  • The case has no pets at home. This is to avoid any animal-to-human transmission, which may occur when an animal contracts monkeypox from an infected person and then spreads to other people through bites, scratches or through direct contract with skin, mucosa, blood, and bodily fluids.
  •  

If their place of residence is not suitable, monkeypox patients may continue to recover in the isolation facility, said MOH.

Those on the home recovery programme will receive regular telemedical consultations to assess their recovery, and may be taken to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID) for additional reviews if necessary.

They can also call a dedicated MOH hotline if they require any assistance.

In the event that monkeypox cases experience any shortness of breath, chest pains, severe headaches, stiff neck, changes in mental state such as mood or behaviour, or unusual symptoms with their nerves such as numbness, weakness, changes in speech or vision, abnormal movement of the arms or legs, they should call 995 immediately and inform the operator that they are monkeypox patients.

"In line with the shift to home recovery, suspect monkeypox cases who are assessed to be clinically well will no longer be required to isolate in the hospital while awaiting their test results," said MOH.

"They may instead isolate themselves at home if they are able to do so. Those who are unable to self-isolate in their home will be isolated at an isolation facility while awaiting their test results.

"Suspect cases who are assessed to require admission for clinical care will continue to be managed in hospitals."

The Health Ministry said it will continue to monitor the monkeypox situation closely and calibrate its response measures as needed.

According to MOH's latest data, there have been 15 monkeypox cases in Singapore since June. CNA

Having been through the pandemic and seen how individuals and the governments around the world handle the virus, I can say for sure it is best to be prudent. There are a lot of people who are selfish and simply do not care about others, so the only thing we can do is to protect ourselves and ensure the person is tested and always wear protections.

On 8/28/2022 at 1:02 AM, Guest Bobi said:

Having been through the pandemic and seen how individuals and the governments around the world handle the virus, I can say for sure it is best to be prudent. There are a lot of people who are selfish and simply do not care about others, so the only thing we can do is to protect ourselves and ensure the person is tested and always wear protections.

i agree. For curious explorers like me- we don’t wanna let MP be the reason to even “out” me. 

caution especially with travelers. Try to abstain for a good few weeks!

On 8/29/2022 at 11:59 AM, Straight4Straight said:

i agree. For curious explorers like me- we don’t wanna let MP be the reason to even “out” me. 

caution especially with travelers. Try to abstain for a good few weeks!

Why is the reason to abstain for a few weeks?

MP cases getting lesser? Or vaccine coming our way?

It is not permanent like HIV but it did leave scar and caused lots of pain, not to mentioned the chance of severe case example like blindness if the legion grow on the eyes

And the stigma surrounding it.. you are not only out from closet, but out as a bitch, even you are just unlucky fooling around that one time and catch it

It is not worth it guys, just stop the casual sex or find a permanent partner, there are so many ways to entertain yourself other than sex, go look for it 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just as an update:

Travel to Europe seems safer nowadays considering the steep decline.

Mpox (formerly named monkeypox) situation update, as of 6 December 2022

Since the last update on 22 November 2022, and as of 6 December 2022, 36 mpox cases have been reported from 10 EU/EEA countries.

Excluding data from the last three weeks, which may be incomplete, 41 cases were reported in week 45 (7–13 November 2022). This is a decline of 34.1% compared to week 44 (31 October–6 November 2022). 

Compared to the peak of reported cases (2 164 cases during week 29; 18–24 July 2022), there has been a decrease of 98.8% in the number of newly reported cases during week 44.

As of 6 December 2022, 17 countries have not reported an mpox case for more than 21 days.

Since the start of the mpox outbreak and as of 6 December 2022, 20 934 confirmed cases of mpox have been reported from 29 EU/EEA countries, and 62 cases have been reported from three Western Balkan countries and Türkiye.

Global update

According to the report    published by the World Health Organization (WHO), the number of new mpox cases reported weekly have increased by 52.9% in week 48 (28 November–4 December 2022) compared to week 47 (21–27 November 2022). According to the report, globally, the majority of cases (93.7%) were reported in the Region of the Americas.

Risk assessment

Based on the updated ECDC risk assessment, and the declining number of new infections, the overall risk of mpox infection is assessed as moderate for men who have sex with men (MSM) and low for the broader population.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-events/monkeypox-situation-update

• 9 months later...
Guest Random Guest

I'm posting here to raise awareness that Mpox still exists in our community, and there has been a rise in cases in different countries, also around the region.

If you do have casual sex/fun, be cautious and protect yourself from STDs. Being on prep doesn't protect you from STDs.

Mpox vaccination is available in Singapore. It's expensive, but it's worth it to get that extra layer of protection. Mpox is usually manageable, but the uncertainty and protocols can be frightfully daunting.

32 minutes ago, Guest Random Guest said:

I'm posting here to raise awareness that Mpox still exists in our community, and there has been a rise in cases in different countries, also around the region.

If you do have casual sex/fun, be cautious and protect yourself from STDs. Being on prep doesn't protect you from STDs.

Mpox vaccination is available in Singapore. It's expensive, but it's worth it to get that extra layer of protection. Mpox is usually manageable, but the uncertainty and protocols can be frightfully daunting.

Nice PSA, tyyyy

• 2 months later...

https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/multi-country-outbreak-of-mpox--external-situation-report-31---22-december-2023

"In early December, WHO was notified about a passenger from a cruise liner in South-East Asia who, upon returning to Germany, was diagnosed with mpox. The Norwegian Jewel cruise ship departed from Singapore on 11 November and arrived in Laem Chabang, Thailand, on 20 November 2023, with intermediate stops in Phuket Thailand, Langkawi and Port Klang, Malaysia, and Phu My, Viet Nam. The ship carried approximately 2300 passengers and crew from around the world. The above-mentioned passenger developed mild symptoms during the first days of the cruise, including fever, painful swollen lymph nodes in the groin, and a pustule on the hip. He consulted his physician in Germany after the end of the cruise and was later confirmed to have mpox; the genome sequence of the monkeypox virus confirmed the illness was due to a clade IIb variant circulating in the region where the cruise took place. He reported having received one dose of MVA-BN vaccine in August 2023, and has since made a complete recovery.  

The passenger reported having multiple sexual encounters during the cruise, and anectodally reported that other individuals onboard presented symptoms compatible with mpox.  The incubation period for mpox for most cases ranges from two to 21 days; additional passengers may have developed symptoms after the cruise. WHO has not received any further communication about cases from this cruise. The health impact of mpox depends on individuals’ prior mpox immunity (from vaccination or previous mpox infection) and their underlying health status. Individuals who are immunosuppressed are at higher risk for severe mpox disease."

53 minutes ago, PlayersGroup said:

https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/multi-country-outbreak-of-mpox--external-situation-report-31---22-december-2023

"In early December, WHO was notified about a passenger from a cruise liner in South-East Asia who, ... The passenger reported having multiple sexual encounters during the cruise, and anectodally reported that other individuals onboard presented symptoms compatible with mpox.  The incubation period for mpox for most cases ranges from two to 21 days; additional passengers may have developed symptoms after the cruise. WHO has not received any further communication about cases from this cruise. The health impact of mpox depends on individuals’ prior mpox immunity (from vaccination or previous mpox infection) and their underlying health status. Individuals who are immunosuppressed are at higher risk for severe mpox disease."

I have to assume that this is the Atlantis Cruise. 

Love. 

25 minutes ago, doncoin said:

I dunno, but I googled Atlantis and found it appears to have a similar  itinerary with identical start and end dates.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 11:58 PM, doncoin said:

Yes. That passenger was on the Atlantis cruise. Not surprising for such a cruise. My friends on the boat said the crowd onboard was a lot older, more Americans than Asians and there was a lot less sex going on. 

The Mpox vaccine is available at the DSC via appointment at $400 a shot so $800 for the whole course: 

https://www.nsc.com.sg/dsc/prevention-education/sexually-transmitted-infection/Pages/MPOX.aspx

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.