Male HQ

Monkeypox Virus Discussion (Racist & Idiotic post will be removed)

Guest Monkey Pox Beware

On 8/6/2022 at 2:32 PM, PlayersGroup said:

I dont think it is fair or accurate to make such an accusation. If anything, our govt is pragmatic, not stupid. We live in one of the densest population in a small country and ours is an ageing population, cases will spill over if unchecked to affect frail elderly, women and children. It is to our economy's benefit to keep any contagious diseases in check cos our only resource is manpower and a reputation as an advanced, safe and relatively efficiently run country.

Simpler reasons could be worldwide vaccine shortage n needing to prioritise to those at highest risk namely close contacts of known cases. It is also a self-limiting disease if people are responsible for their own health.

They do take action when needed, like the screening for Blk 2 Bukit Merah for TB recently. (https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/more-than-150-tested-positive-for-tb-in-jalan-bukit-merah-moh-extends-screening). There were 107 cases there. I don't expect everything to revolve around monkeypox just because I'm gay. Also, covid is hardly over. Have some perspective of what we are dealing with as a country, not just what affects overwhelmingly MSM at present.

Can they do more for monkeypox? I suppose they can, if the situation calls for it. Is it time to do so yet? Views may differ.

We should be careful before we assume anyone is malicious. Even the anti-gay lobby, I just think most are operating based on religious belief and conscience. I disagree with them but I understand where they come from as fellow Singaporeans. There are more malicious actors of course who sow discord and hatred, but extremists comes from both ends of the spectrum, call them out. Otherwise, live and let live, most of us are sane.

As a whole, i dont think the authorities are malicious. They leave us pretty much to ourselves. I think 377A should be repealed, but as it is, currently it is not enforced unless you are a pedophile or drug abuser. AFA n gay community groups have been operating and we are able to go for regular checkups, hookups and all without duress. Pink Dot is held annually. Singapore can of course do better, there are many things that should change. The way forward is to be reasonable while advocating  expanding people awareness, tolerance and understanding of LGBT. Alleging malicious intent is unhelpful.

I assume (if the government really has sufficient vaccine on hand) they keep it on a wait and see approach.

Once the infections spread into the community in higher numbers, they might come out with a plan to call risk groups to get vaccinated.

But the silence could mean that the Government missed ordering new supplies.

We don't know.

Most of the smallpox/monkeypox vaccines are horded in certain amounts due to military reasons...

The US also held stocks of the vaccine to act in case of any biological attack.

I am very sure they didn’t order enough.

This government loves to toot its own horns. Since they remained quiet, this means only one thing:

not enough vaccines in Singapore currently.

If there are orders in stock or pending, they would have let their mouthpieces declare for the whole world to witness.

All this is conjecture on my part.

I wish the government would prove me wrong by declaring that vaccine is available now or soon for those who wish to be vaccinated.

Guest Guest

I dont think it is fair or accurate to make such an accusation. If anything, our govt is pragmatic, not stupid. We live in one of the densest population in a small country and ours is an ageing population, cases will spill over if unchecked to affect frail elderly, women and children. It is to our economy's benefit to keep any contagious diseases in check cos our only resource is manpower and a reputation as an advanced, safe and relatively efficiently run country.

Huh??? After COVID, some people can still use the phrases "It is to our economy's benefit" and "to keep any contagious diseases in check" back-to-back in the same sentence? I stopped reading everything after that.

Voldemort Never GIF - Voldemort Never Pity GIFs

On 8/6/2022 at 5:13 PM, Guest Guest said:

Huh??? After COVID, some people can still use the phrases "It is to our economy's benefit" and "to keep any contagious diseases in check" back-to-back in the same sentence? I stopped reading everything after that.

Yes I agree you should stop reading. So sorry to waste your time, quickly go away, to any other country.

For me, I am a Singaporean, and I'm staying put.

Screenshot_20220806-172749_Gallery.jpg

Edited by PlayersGroup

I believe it’s incompetence.

In early 2020, four doctors pleaded with the government to impose a mask mandate.

But the government said, 

”Wearing a mask is not the most important thing to do to keep the coronavirus at bay, said Associate Professor Kenneth Mak, director of medical services at the Ministry of Health (MOH).”

You can refresh your memory by reading this 2020 $hitty Time 

Article

With Monkeypox, no doctors to speak up on our behalf.

So we are on our own.

Pretty sure no one went to order the vaccines.

if the government had ordered, they would have given us a time line, even if delayed.

All indications point to another slowed response to a potentially serious pandemic.

On 8/6/2022 at 5:43 PM, superflawless said:

I believe it’s incompetence.

I have no problem with beliefs, as long as we recognise these are beliefs.

If your definition of competence is getting it right all the time, then perhaps you are right. And by that definition, all governments would be considered to have been incompetent during Covid.

My definition is one that makes the best choices given what is known at that time. In early 2020, there isn't much concrete evidence yet. The only place that got it right with masks, as far as I remember, was Taiwan. Not Singapore, but also not South Korea, Hongkong, not Wuhan, not US or UK or anywhere else.

My definition is also one that learned and change course in light of new evidence for the best outcome. In this worldwide pandemic, we are not the best, but we have been very very fortunate. It is so with covid, and I believe it will be so for monkeypox as well. And yes, I recognise this is my belief. Only time will tell.

On 8/6/2022 at 5:59 PM, PlayersGroup said:

I have no problem with beliefs, as long as we recognise these are beliefs.

If your definition of competence is getting it right all the time, then perhaps you are right. And by that definition, all governments would be considered to have been incompetent during Covid.

My definition is one that makes the best choices given what is known at that time. In early 2020, there isn't much concrete evidence yet. The only place that got it right with masks, as far as I remember, was Taiwan. Not Singapore, but also not South Korea, Hongkong, not Wuhan, not US or UK or anywhere else.

My definition is also one that learned and change course in light of new evidence for the best outcome. In this worldwide pandemic, we are not the best, but we have been very very fortunate. It is so with covid, and I believe it will be so for monkeypox as well. And yes, I recognise this is my belief. Only time will tell.

And yet, strangely enough, with all that we have learnt from two years of living with a pandemic, the response towards Monkeypox is still as slow.

it’s like we learnt nothing from our previous mistakes. And there were plenty.

Which is why the chicken shortage happened. Caught us off guard again.

Our government is always reacting, rather than being prepared.

On 8/6/2022 at 6:18 PM, superflawless said:

And yet, strangely enough, with all that we have learnt from two years of living with a pandemic, the response towards Monkeypox is still as slow.

I think our monkeypox response has been measured so far and according to evidence. But you can disagree, I'm fine with that. 

I'm surprised you see the chicken shortage thing is a sign of Sg's incompetence instead of pointing it to Malaysia which started this whole thing in the first place and is now suffering from their own decision.

I don't know about you, but honestly, I continued to eat my KFC and I still have a few kg of frozen chicken thighs sitting in my fridge, presumably because we have a stockpile of basic food. We diversified and imported from Thailand and have agreement to import from Indonesia. What would be your idea of competence then? That we have our own chickens?

Coming back to monkeypox before the moderators say we talk irrelevant, let's just watch it, and I agree take care of ourselves in the meantime.

On 8/6/2022 at 2:42 AM, lonelyglobe said:

Lack of vaccine also cannot admit,  just mention majority do not need vaccination but perhaps the best "vaccine" is to keep one's dick inside the pant and avoid unnecessary skin contact. 

And life would be so miserable isn’t it? Like going back to the sexless dark ages…

Guest Guest
On 8/6/2022 at 6:30 PM, PlayersGroup said:

I'm surprised you see the chicken shortage thing is a sign of Sg's incompetence instead of pointing it to Malaysia which started this whole thing in the first place and is now suffering from their own decision.

I don't know about you, but honestly, I continued to eat my KFC and I still have a few kg of frozen chicken thighs sitting in my fridge, presumably because we have a stockpile of basic food. We diversified and imported from Thailand and have agreement to import from Indonesia. What would be your idea of competence then? That we have our own chickens?

Why shouldn't the shortages of chicken be a sign of Sg's incompetence? If Sg had been competent enough, they would have sourced and imported the chicken from Thailand and Indonesia even during peaceful time. Why wait till the import ban from Malaysia happen, before they finally took the steps in allowing the chicken import from Indonesia (https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/indonesia-chicken-new-import-source-malaysia-ban-shortage-sfa-2782901)  You might be having your "KFC" and  "still have a few kg of frozen chicken thighs sitting in my fridge", but what about the rest of the restaurants and food courts? Did they, quoting a politician, replace their chicken with "other forms of MEAT, like EGGS  :rolleyes:"? 

On 8/6/2022 at 5:34 PM, PlayersGroup said:

Yes I agree you should stop reading. So sorry to waste your time, quickly go away, to any other country.

For me, I am a Singaporean, and I'm staying put.

Screenshot_20220806-172749_Gallery.jpg

Yes, as usual, mudslinging the poorer performing countries to make yourself look good and feel better. This strategy has been overused and has gotten pretty lame already. 

On 8/6/2022 at 5:59 PM, PlayersGroup said:

You can't tell whatever time has got to say to you, if you don't even want to listen to what time has told all of us.

Guest Guest

They do take action when needed, like the screening for Blk 2 Bukit Merah for TB recently. (https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/more-than-150-tested-positive-for-tb-in-jalan-bukit-merah-moh-extends-screening). There were 107 cases there. I don't expect everything to revolve around monkeypox just because I'm gay. Also, covid is hardly over. Have some perspective of what we are dealing with as a country, not just what affects overwhelmingly MSM at present.

Oh! So, screening Blk 2 Bukit Merah for TB is your idea of action? So I guess asking everyone to check themselves for monkeypox symptoms is also a good enough action for you? Did anyone offer those people in Blk 2 Bukit Merah another shot of the BCG, which is a TB vaccine? No.

Of course, most people would have gone for their BCG shots when they are in primary schools. But BCG is good for at most 15 years. And the fact that 107 cases of TB infection there is already evidence enough that the effectiveness of the previous BCG vaccine has waned over the years. So, were those people in the block offered another shot of BCG?

Oh ... but of course, I forgot, screening is an "action" good enough for you. Little things please little minds, especially wayang shows like those.  

Alright Guest Guest, thank you for your sharing your perfect hindsight and perfect foresight, which Singapore unfortunately is really incompetent and sorely lacks, whether it's for chickens, monkeys or TB. I apologise for being an easily pleased deluded puny mind, thank you for enlightening. I didn't even realise I was mudslinging by listing covid deaths when you suggest Sg did badly. I am wrong, we should only compare with Japan and China. Thank you for pointing it out, I will go reflect.

I am also sorry to highlight 2 Bukit Merah, because they only offered screening to the block and the surrounding neighbourhood. They are only giving medical treatment, after determining they get TB. All these is just wayang, not real actions at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, you are saying they should have had just a little bit more wisdom to revaccinate all Singaporean adults everyone 27 years old and above because we only had 1 BCG at 12 years old which is clearly insufficient, right? How can they forget to help all these adults go revaccinate? Now that I think of it, maybe there are other potential diseases they should offer vaccines to all Singaporeans instead of waiting for disaster to happen. (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/when-is-bcg-tb-vaccine-needed/)

If you care to run for the next election, I'm sure a lot of people will vote for you. But I'm not sure if it may be beneath you and you may not want to concern yourself with such mundane mortal things. 

Here's another interesting article on monkeypox vaccines for us mortals. It's about US wrestling with a new method of vaccination, which may or may not work as intended.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/06/us/politics/monkeypox-vaccination-strategy.html

Edited by PlayersGroup

Guest Guest

On 8/7/2022 at 12:12 AM, PlayersGroup said:

I am also sorry to highlight 2 Bukit Merah, because they only offered screening to the block and the surrounding neighbourhood. They are only giving medical treatment, after determining they get TB. All these is just wayang, not real actions at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, you are saying they should have had just a little bit more wisdom to revaccinate all Singaporean adults everyone 27 years old and above because we only had 1 BCG at 12 years old which is clearly insufficient, right? How can they forget to help all these adults go revaccinate?

Ahhhh ... it is sooooo good that you now have the wisdom to see the errors of their ways. Looks like getting trolled is indeed a good medicine to boost your brain power somewhat. You need or want some more of it? I have excess to dish out to happily dish them all out to you.

On 8/7/2022 at 12:12 AM, PlayersGroup said:

Now that I think of it, maybe there are other potential diseases they should offer vaccines to all Singaporeans instead of waiting for disaster to happen. (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/when-is-bcg-tb-vaccine-needed/)

You mean .... like monkeypox?

Australia has secured the monkeypox vaccine and the vaccine advisory body, the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI), has recommended key risk groups be administered the vaccines including men who have sex with men who are at high risk of exposure, as well as anyone in the risk categories planning travel to a country experiencing a significant outbreak (https://theconversation.com/monkeypox-in-australia-should-you-be-worried-and-who-can-get-the-vaccine-187917)

Canada has offered vaccines to everyone, and even allowed their tourists to go get their monkeypox shots in Montreal as global emergency declared (https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/tourists-among-those-getting-monkeypox-shots-in-montreal-as-global-emergency-declared-1.5999789 )

And of course, in the USA, the CDC is recommending vaccination for people with confirmed or presumed monkeypox exposures as well as people at high risk of infection. (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/27/us-to-release-786000-additional-monkeypox-vaccine-doses-as-outbreak-spreads.html

Ohhh ..... but of course, you are only used to mudslinging the poorer performing countries to make yourself look good and feel better, so I guess you will not be able to see other countries offering vaccines to all their own citizens (and even other foreigners), and Australia is doing it even before the outbreak becomes too severe. Besides, screening and contact tracing type of wayang show is good enough for you. So why bother with offering vaccination to Singaporeans to happen before disaster strikes, right?

I know the chicken issue is out of topic here but I can argue that it is indicative of the lack of foresight on the part of the government.

The Guest is right:

"If Sg had been competent enough, they would have sourced and imported the chicken from Thailand and Indonesia even during peaceful time. "

That is not only a valid argument and a pertinent one.

It shows a pattern with this current administration.

And the Monkeypox situation is a result of such incompetance.

Now, if anyone has any information about where we can get Monkeypox vaccine in Singapore right now, right this minute OR when it is coming to Singapore so all of us who wish to be vaccinated can do so, let us know now.

That would prove I am mistaken.

I would glad say sorry and admit I am wrong, if we know we can get the vaccine now.

I firmly believed the lack of response to tackle the Monkeypox is NOT a measured response but poor planning.

Mixed in with a nonchalant attitude because the govt still think this is a "gay disease" (which it ISN"T).

Of course, Guest Guest you are always  completely absolutely right. I wouldn't want to spend time to argue with you. (You may want to read the link on BCG shots I shared regarding your most intelligent opinion about giving BCG to 2 Bukit Merah ppl.)

To be honest, sure I've always had high regards for Australian's health response. I believe you have read the link you shared, even for Australia, they secured only a small supply of vaccines and are only recommending key high risk groups to get it. Singapore has not recommended it for MSM yet. That is true.

I am also glad Canada is able and willing to offer vaccines to tourists. In US and Canada's scale of outbreak, I think it makes more sense than for Singapore. 

As for mudslinging, you can say whatever you want, I'm not bothered I let you win if it makes you feel good about yourself. I maintain Sg has done well for Covid and the results show. 

Screenshot_20220807-110404_Collage Maker - GridArt.jpg

Edited by PlayersGroup

On 8/7/2022 at 10:59 AM, superflawless said:

I know the chicken issue is out of topic here but I can argue that it is indicative of the lack of foresight on the part of the government.

The Guest is right:

"If Sg had been competent enough, they would have sourced and imported the chicken from Thailand and Indonesia even during peaceful time. "

That is not only a valid argument and a pertinent one.

It shows a pattern with this current administration.

And the Monkeypox situation is a result of such incompetance.

Now, if anyone has any information about where we can get Monkeypox vaccine in Singapore right now, right this minute OR when it is coming to Singapore so all of us who wish to be vaccinated can do so, let us know now.

That would prove I am mistaken.

I would glad say sorry and admit I am wrong, if we know we can get the vaccine now.

I firmly believed the lack of response to tackle the Monkeypox is NOT a measured response but poor planning.

Mixed in with a nonchalant attitude because the govt still think this is a "gay disease" (which it ISN"T).

So I think we agree that vaccines are short and governments around the world are probably vying for vaccines. And I hope we also agree with limited supplies means governments are having to prioritise. 

The contention is that you see it as Singapore lack foresight and has poor planning that's why the high risk MSM in Singapore are not getting their vaccines yet unlike in US, Australia and Canada. Based on what info is available, a good guess is that there is stiff competition for vaccines, but I don't know about the plans and effort behind the scenes and I don't pretend to know, so I think it is ok to have different conjectures.  

And the opinion is somehow supported by our response to the chicken supply issue. I do wonder if we could have gotten Indonesian and Thai chickens earlier. Then again, there is this thing called on hindsight, we always think we should know better when we look backwards in time.  

[Belated update 9th Aug 2022 for anyone happens to read this. I found the reason why Indonesian chickens were not imported earlier. High costs of transporting over the sea when we already had high amount of supply from Malaysia and possibly, and this is my personal read between the lines, quality issues https://www.channelnewsasia.com/commentary/malaysia-chicken-import-ban-indonesia-food-security-meat-prices-2866676 ]

Another contention is that you believe it is because the govt do not care and think erroneously that it is a gay problem. I believe differently. I believe as a gay person, I have experienced more and more space over the years and attitudes are changing. I am also frustrated by the sometimes 2 steps forward 3 steps back on LGBT issues, but I believe there is and will be progress.

I believe the monkeypox response will be more robust if and when the situation calls for it. But I've said this before, time will tell, so I won't repeat from here on so as not to spam the pages, which gets irritating when individuals here get into ego arguments. I will try to only respond to good points in discussion.

Edited by PlayersGroup

Guest Guest

On 8/7/2022 at 11:07 AM, PlayersGroup said:

Of course, Guest Guest you are always  completely absolutely right. I wouldn't want to spend time to argue with you. (You may want to read the link on BCG shots I shared regarding your views to give BCG to 2 Bukit Merah ppl.)

Read it.

Duh.

So what?

Guest Kong hee

Why all the man get monkeypox but not the girls? Becos man and man have gay sex . So this is a FAG DISEASE. Go tell the doctor , you have gay  sex if you contracted hiv/monkeypox . Dont hide. Be proud of your sexual orientation 

On 8/7/2022 at 4:21 PM, Guest Kong hee said:

Why all the man get monkeypox but not the girls? Becos man and man have gay sex . So this is a FAG DISEASE. Go tell the doctor , you have gay  sex if you contracted hiv/monkeypox . Dont hide. Be proud of your sexual orientation 

So you are basically the same as some members here very stereotypes.

So you saying Man got monkeypox -> gay sex

then you will have the following mindset lor like;

Man got small penis -> btm

Man with female voice -> Cao Ah Gua

Man speaks Chinese -> Chinese man 

Man speaks English -> English man

or you pick and chose whatever suit your position and benefits ?

The news never mentioned how it was transmitted and mainly to prevent our rainbow community got targeted. Most of us (rainbow community) fighting for it to prevent being stigmatized, yet you and some members here are making noises. Please use your brain and heart to think! You might never know one fine day if one of your male family members got monkeypox, people with same minded like you, straight away come point finger at your male family members said they must have gay sex! Well, actually, it wasn’t transmitted via sex activities! You and your family members will be continue told by other people that your family got “FAG DISEASE” and better don’t got near them! How would you feel? 

Then when this happened to you, you said people cyber bully you or verbal bully you, you got depression. Well, then next time dont do that to others lor. Please be considerate and hope such unfortunate don’t happen to you. 

Edited by cityhallguy

Guest Complain nation
On 8/6/2022 at 6:18 PM, superflawless said:

Why don't you work for the government then? 

Guest Guest
On 8/7/2022 at 5:00 PM, G_M said:

Don't waste your breath on such people Cityhallguy. There are gays out there like the guest above who hates themselves for being gay and yet they cannot be "known" as a gay and they will use degatory terms like "Faggot" to address others without realising that they are also addressing THEMSELVES.

Let these sad people be. They are pityful because they are in denial and they are struggling within themselves of who they are, deep inside. They have no way to vent out their frustrations of being gay in deep closet and they hate themselves for not having the courage to be free from the shakles that tied them as gays. 

Guest, you have my sympathy. The sooner you accept your own gayness will you be finally free.

Let's hope that the time you secretly meet with men and enjoyed discreet gay sex, you don't get the same "diseases" that you hangs on your mouth, you curse others with.

Krma is a bitch. Be carful what you sprout from your mouth 造“口业", it may come back to get you.

If so, karma should go back to you.  You have been a bitch yourself.  

with some knowledge n background in medicine, the below article rings the scary true of a man going through the symptoms of MP.

besides, the frustrations he mentioned in getting help from the authority is rather testing too. but that was in NY.

i wonder here in sinagpore, the warded patients are given what medication? but at least they are taken in and cared for.

all the reports so far were too vague. almost nothing is reported.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/23/i-literally-screamed-out-loud-in-pain-my-two-weeks-of-monkeypox-hell

Edited by mith

Vaccines are extremely limited. Even for US, they only have enough for 20% of people eligible. After adjusting per million population, US has 8 times more cases than Sg. Even for them, recommendation is to post vaccinate contacts exposed to known cases, which is exactly what Sg is doing.
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/27/health/monkeypox-vaccine-health-wen-wellness/index.html

"CNN: Should everyone try to get the monkeypox vaccine?

Wen: No. First of all, the monkeypox vaccine is extremely limited right now. About 600,000 doses of the two-dose vaccine have been delivered thus far, much less than the 1.5 million to 1.6 million people the CDC says are eligible.

**Those who should definitely get the vaccine are those with known exposure to someone with monkeypox.** If given within four days of exposure, the vaccine can prevent someone from developing monkeypox. If given within two weeks, it lessens the likelihood of progression to severe illness.

Soon, I hope there will be enough vaccine so that people in high-risk groups are able to access it."

Screenshot_20220808-070829_Photo Editor.jpg

Edited by PlayersGroup

On 8/8/2022 at 7:23 AM, mith said:

besides, the frustrations he mentioned in getting help from the authority is rather testing too. but that was in NY.

i wonder here in sinagpore, the warded patients are given what medication? but at least they are taken in and cared for.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/23/i-literally-screamed-out-loud-in-pain-my-two-weeks-of-monkeypox-hell

"When New York Pride festivities kicked off on 24 June, I was aware that monkeypox was an emerging issue – especially for gay men – but I was also under the impression that the number of cases in the city was relatively small. What I didn’t understand was how absolutely dismal testing capacity was: at that point, the city only had capacity to process ten tests a day.

I had sex with several guys over the weekend. Then a week later, on 1 July, I started feeling very fatigued. I had a high fever with chills and muscle aches, and my lymph nodes were so swollen they were protruding two inches out of my throat..."

Scary suffering. I wonder what is the testing capacity in Sg. Please refrain from high risk places and high risk activities thinking our cases are small.

On 8/8/2022 at 7:36 AM, PlayersGroup said:
Vaccines are extremely limited. Even for US, they only have enough for 20% of people eligible. After adjusting per million population, US has 8 times more cases than Sg. Even for them, recommendation is to post vaccinate contacts exposed to known cases, which is exactly what Sg is doing.
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/27/health/monkeypox-vaccine-health-wen-wellness/index.html

"CNN: Should everyone try to get the monkeypox vaccine?

Wen: No. First of all, the monkeypox vaccine is extremely limited right now. About 600,000 doses of the two-dose vaccine have been delivered thus far, much less than the 1.5 million to 1.6 million people the CDC says are eligible.

**Those who should definitely get the vaccine are those with known exposure to someone with monkeypox.** If given within four days of exposure, the vaccine can prevent someone from developing monkeypox. If given within two weeks, it lessens the likelihood of progression to severe illness.

Soon, I hope there will be enough vaccine so that people in high-risk groups are able to access it."

Screenshot_20220808-070829_Photo Editor.jpg

thanks... very informative. 

i wish our media, esp the official ones are more open to report. 

on the part of isolation and containment before MP becomes endemic... i couldn't agree more. i believe our govt is already on track in this. 

On 8/8/2022 at 7:59 AM, PlayersGroup said:

"When New York Pride festivities kicked off on 24 June, I was aware that monkeypox was an emerging issue – especially for gay men – but I was also under the impression that the number of cases in the city was relatively small. What I didn’t understand was how absolutely dismal testing capacity was: at that point, the city only had capacity to process ten tests a day.

I had sex with several guys over the weekend. Then a week later, on 1 July, I started feeling very fatigued. I had a high fever with chills and muscle aches, and my lymph nodes were so swollen they were protruding two inches out of my throat..."

Scary suffering. I wonder what is the testing capacity in Sg. Please refrain from high risk places and high risk activities thinking our cases are small.

not forgeting "the anal lesions has escalated into open wounds!" imagine the inconvenient and pain.

but after he gets the small pox medication, his blisters and boils quickly dried up and scabbed, in 3 days. 

we still have small pox med in storage i hope.  

On 8/8/2022 at 8:05 AM, mith said:

not forgeting "the anal lesions has escalated into open wounds!" imagine the inconvenient and pain.

but after he gets the small pox medication, his blisters and boils quickly dried up and scabbed, in 3 days. 

we still have small pox med in storage i hope.  

To me, i got spooked by the scratching everywhere itch, then the screaming pain which made him had to wash the wounds over 2 hours plus the arthritis and shin bone pain unable to stand. That level of pain would impede ability to function at all.

A very significant number who had monkeypox also have HIV and other STDs. To me, having one increases risks of getting others because of the lesions and the clustering of people, totally not worth the orgasms.

Guest Guest

CNN: Should everyone try to get the monkeypox vaccine?

And who is this "Wen" to make recommendations? Is she a politician? A senator? A governor? Noooo .. she is just a CNN Medical Analyst, an emergency physician and professor of health policy and management at the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health.

After adjusting per million population, US has 8 times more cases than Sg. Even for them, recommendation is to post vaccinate contacts exposed to known cases, which is exactly what Sg is doing.

Excuse me? "Even for them, recommendation is to post vaccinate contacts exposed to known cases, which is exactly what Sg is doing"?

If MPV is not making me sick, this type of sucking up attitude definitely is. Sg is giving the vaccine to post-contacts cases because Sg may not even have the choice to do anything otherwise, since Sg may not even have gotten enough of the vaccine to go around in the first place.

As a matter of fact, as of 5 July, MOH is still only weighing monkeypox vaccination for workers at higher risk. Mind you, they are not giving the vaccine to workers at higher risks during that time, and they were definitely not giving it to the public then. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/monkeypox-vaccination-prevention-outbreak-parliament-janil-puthucheary-2790176

To see this type of posts so early in the morning really makes me sick.  To think someone here is still singing the praises of the very people who are leaving us in the gay community to rot in the midst of the MPV pandemic, just like how it left us to the risk of COVID death by opening up economy big and wide for all viruses to come in.

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 8:21 AM, PlayersGroup said:

To me, i got spooked by the scratching everywhere itch, then the screaming pain which made him had to wash the wounds over 2 hours plus the arthritis and shin bone pain unable to stand. That level of pain would impede ability to function at all.

A very significant number who had monkeypox also have HIV and other STDs. To me, having one increases risks of getting others because of the lesions and the clustering of people, totally not worth the orgasms.

But yet, after all the "spooking", you are still not "spooked" enough and you still suck up to the Sg government by claiming that it is doing a wonderful job in keeping the virus "contained", and you further make it sound as if the Americans are doing things the exact "Singaporean way".

People like you will still remain happy WHEN you get the virus. Go fxxk off and stop taking whatever drug you have been feeding yourself with. You might still have a chance to grow a brain after that.

On 8/8/2022 at 8:29 AM, Guest Guest said:

To see this type of posts so early in the morning really makes me sick.  To think someone here is still singing the praises of the very people who are leaving us in the gay community to rot in the midst of the MPV pandemic, just like how it left us to the risk of COVID death by opening up economy big and wide for all viruses to come in.

You can scream and shout in bright red and win arguments as an anonymous guest account. You can say I suck up or an absolute asshole or make any number of false accusations n blame me or authorities for everything. I completely understand you although I don't reqlly want to waste my time. You are entitled to your opinion even if I find your responses quarrelsome, some a bit misguided, and on accusing authorities in Sg not giving ppl in Bukit Merah BCG shots quite foolish because BCG should be only given once and not to ppl over 35 if you read the link I shared.

Fact is, and deal with it,  there is not enough monkeypox vaccines going around for many or all countries, US and Singapore included. As far as I can see, the response right now in view of limited vaccines is correct. Ideally everything is as we want it, but this is not an ideal world. 

Edited by PlayersGroup

On 8/8/2022 at 8:36 AM, Guest Guest said:

People like you will still remain happy WHEN you get the virus. Go fxxk off and stop taking whatever drug you have been feeding yourself with. You might still have a chance to grow a brain after that.

You are actually right, for once. If I really get the virus, I will try to remain happy because I did all that is necessary to avoid it.

Blaming others is not a healthy response psychologically because it takes away our agency, our ability and willingness to do what is within our own control. It is only good if the blame is justified and you are advocating for justice and a good social cause, which I hope is what you actually want to do although you do it in a way that I cannot completely agree with.

I will go take my meds and grow a brain, you should chill a bit.

Guest Guest
On 8/7/2022 at 7:23 PM, mith said:

with some knowledge n background in medicine, the below article rings the scary true of a man going through the symptoms of MP.

all the reports so far were too vague. almost nothing is reported.

I find it very hard to feel sympathy with this guy who is complaining about all the things everybody else has done wrong . Fact is, he works in sexual health, he knew exactly what monkey pox was, that it was circulating (he says so in the article) and he still went and fucked around at pride. Which is fine. But cry me a river of you then catch it. 

On 8/8/2022 at 9:21 AM, Guest Guest said:

I find it very hard to feel sympathy with this guy who is complaining about all the things everybody else has done wrong . Fact is, he works in sexual health, he knew exactly what monkey pox was, that it was circulating (he says so in the article) and he still went and fucked around at pride. 

I totally agree here. And this was end June, thing has started in end May, no excuse.

But I still find his suffering quite poor thing la. And I'm sure as hell I don't want to get monkeypox.

Edited by PlayersGroup

Guest Guest
On 8/7/2022 at 9:29 PM, PlayersGroup said:

I totally agree here.

But I still find his suffering quite poor thing la. And I'm sure as hell I don't want to get monkeypox.

totally! I don’t want to get it, so I have modified my behaviour to think with big head first. 

Guest Guest

On 8/8/2022 at 8:43 AM, PlayersGroup said:

You can scream and shout in bright red and win arguments as an anonymous guest account. You can say I suck up or an absolute asshole or make any number of false accusations n blame me or authorities for everything. I completely understand you although I don't reqlly want to waste my time. You are entitled to your opinion even if I find your responses quarrelsome, some a bit misguided, and on accusing authorities in Sg not giving ppl in Bukit Merah BCG shots quite foolish because BCG should be only given once and not to ppl over 35 if you read the link I shared.

So what if BCG should be only given once and not to ppl over 35? 170 cases of TB found in a single HDB block and you are happy that all the government did was to do the screening? Do you know how long is the incubation period of TB? If TB disease does develop, it can occur two to three months after infection or years later. As a matter of fact, the first TB case in Bukit Merah was detected as early as Feb 2021 last year before 170 cases were detected in June 2022 this year. https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/askst-is-tuberculosis-more-contagious-than-covid-19 

You still think the government is doing a good job in controlling all these infectious diseases? Where did all these 170 cases go and where have they been during all this time while they were infected? What was the government doing for that 1.5 year before that handful of cases in 2021 exploded into 170 cases in 2022? The Bukit Merah cluster is a potential ticking timebomb for Singapore right now. 

So again, so what if BCG should be only given once and not to ppl over 35? Are you going to hide behind your lousy excuse that "BCG should be only given once and not to ppl over 35" and therefore allow the government to continue to do nothing?? It took years and decades before Singapore managed to keep TB in check within Singapore. And all these past efforts were destroyed within a couple of years simply because there are people like you who keeps sucking up to the government by telling everyone that they are doing a good job in controlling the COVID, TB and now MPV. WTF! 

On 8/8/2022 at 8:43 AM, PlayersGroup said:

Fact is, and deal with it,  there is not enough monkeypox vaccines going around for many or all countries, US and Singapore included. As far as I can see, the response right now in view of limited vaccines is correct. Ideally everything is as we want it, but this is not an ideal world. 

Did Singapore even bother to get any vaccines to help, not just the high risk workers, but the general public? There was a worldwide shortage of the COVID vaccine last time and yet, Singapore was among the first to get it in the past. But when it comes to MPV, a supposedly "gay" disease, the entire community gets left in the lurch. And you are still praising them and agree that Singapore is doing a good job in controlling the breakout? 

Yeah, the TB situation in Singapore is another good example whereby the government literally gives up and call it a "endemic". 

TB is curable. But there are those who develope drug resistant to first-line anti-TB drugs.

Which is why I am surprised that more effort isn't spent on eradicating it in Singapore with increase screening for foreigners. 

"Over the past 16 years, the TB incidence rate in Singapore has remained between 30 and 40 per 100,000 people." You do the math and tell me, how many are there, walking around in Singapore with latent TB?

Then you add those foreigners who bring their whole ching bang gang to Singapore and increase that pool of TB sufferers into Singapore.

Citation of Tuberculosis among Foreign-born Persons, Singapore, 2000–2009: "This proportion increased from 25.5% in 2004 to 37.6% in 2009. Unskilled workers from countries with high incidences of TB accounted for the highest number of and greatest increase in foreign-born TB case-patients."

This is another ticking time bomb.

Guest Shuddup la

Why don't you all go join MOH or be politicians le? Or join nursing le. 

Forum warrior. Talk big.

No action. 

Just know how clap and cheer for Health are worker. But don't know shit. Complain this and that. 

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, Guest Shuddup la said:

Forum warrior. Talk big.

No action. 

Just know how clap and cheer for Health are worker. But don't know shit. Complain this and that. 

u leh? Why don't you all go join MHA or be policemen le?

Policing here, policing there. Talk big.

No action. 

Just know how to complain about people's facts. But don't know shit. Complain this and that. 

On 8/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, Guest Shuddup la said:

Forum warrior. Talk big.

No action. 

You do know this is a discussion forum, right?

Do we all have to take up that field of job if we find something lacking in that Ministry?

Utter poppycock.

Our health is us to take care of. Just because the government gives up on us, doesn't mean we have to throw up our hands in dispair. If you have nothing to add, then just slink away.

On 8/8/2022 at 9:37 AM, Guest Guest said:

Did Singapore even bother to get any vaccines to help, not just the high risk workers, but the general public? There was a worldwide shortage of the COVID vaccine last time and yet, Singapore was among the first to get it in the past. But when it comes to MPV, a supposedly "gay" disease, the entire community gets left in the lurch. And you are still praising them and agree that Singapore is doing a good job in controlling the breakout? 

I concur. I think if the Singapore government wants to, they can get the Monkeypox vaccine.

They did not because they could not be bothered.

Whether it's because they think it's a gay STD or they have no more resources or other excuses, they are still dragging their feet on this issue.

So, now that we know the position that Singapore govrnemnt has taken, which is no monkeypox vaccine is coming in any time soon, best to be extra careful and practice sensible safe distancing.

While it is not airbourne, it can be spread through contact with another infected person or infected surfaces like linen and towels.

Maybe should start considering getting the vaccine from neighbouring countries, like Bangkok.

I know the vaccine requires two dose. So two visits? 

Edited by superflawless

"Mandelman, who got up at 4:30 a.m. and waited for hours before getting his vaccine shot days earlier, is frustrated with the rollout.

A sign reads 'Monkeypox vaccines here' at San Francisco hospital on August 2022.

Link to CNN ARTICLE

"After having come through a pandemic where we were able to discover a new vaccine, [and] distribute tens of millions of doses within a matter of months, the fact that with an existing known vaccine we cannot get more than these paltry little dribbles out is very frustrating to people," he said."

He isn't wrong.
The vaccine for the Monkeypox is NOT a new vaccine but an existing one.
So how can the roll out for the Covid vaccine be faster than the existing Smallpox/Monkeypox vaccine?

It doesn't make sense.
And if it doesn't make sense, what is the plausible reason?

I say, it's because the authorities feel that it's a "Gay" disease.
So those in power cannot be bothered.
Which is exactly the case here in Singapore.

I personally am not fearful of the disease because I can control myself.

I will not have sex with anyone and remain celibate during this time.

I will be extra careful and not expose myself to surfaces that could be infected.

This is all I can control, even if there's no vaccine.

What I fear is, this virus will spread past the initial group of gay men and into the general population.

The public have no scruples or qualms. They still think it's a disease they cannot get.

So when they develope Monkeypox, the stigma and the backlash against our community will be swift and severe.

We tried to warn them (the government) to take steps but they refused. Just like those four doctors tried to warn the government about the face mask mandate but this administration refused to listen. They are not only obtuse but highly reactive.

They react but have no foresight.

Only when things happen, and then you react, you are already too slow.

Edited by superflawless

Guest Just go get it

Singapore gay care more about a virus that most of the community won't get. 

But don't care about the basic right that affects all the community. 

Go fight for our gay rights la. All your keyboard warrior. Copy paste news article. 

Giving your clicks and view to media website who then generate income from ad revenue. 

Stupid really stupid. 

Best is get it and get it over and done with 

On 8/8/2022 at 9:37 AM, Guest Guest said:

You still think the government is doing a good job in controlling all these infectious diseases?  

So again, so what if BCG should be only given once and not to ppl over 35? Are you going to ... allow the government to continue to do nothing?? 

For discussion's sake, I have deleted your accusations that I'm praising n sucking up and WTF and exclamationmarks, it's very distracting to me from the core of your arguments.

It may be news to you, TB has always been endemic in Singapore and the world, it was never eradicated. There were 10 million cases worldwide n 1 million with multidrug resistant strain. 

Read up on what is the protocol before we accuse nothing is done:

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/update-on-tuberculosis-situation-in-singapore-2021#:~:text=TB is endemic in Singapore,the 1%2C398 cases in 2019.

Now to your assertion they do nothing the past 1.5 years. Do you know what they were doing? I don't know, i dont pretend to know. I don't think you know too, so it is an assumption they did nothing. I have had friends who got TB. They went for testing at CDC n warded if positive. Screening is not nothing or wayang, it identifies those with TB for treatment. You cannot treat without screening.

Whether they did enough, that's debatable. If they had, why would it grow to 107 cases? Valid question. Should we treat even those with latent TB even if non-infectious? Valid question. (https://www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/treatment/decideltbi.htm)

Before this get sidetracked into a TB discussion, my point is, recognise the difference between an opinion, an assumption and objective fact. It is also another assumption nothing is done to secure vaccines, it is an assumption is because they don't care cos it's a gay problem. I'm ok with having assumptions, asking valid questions and having an opinion if they are fast or slow, proactive or reactive. Just recognise our favorite personal theory is not fact. 

I'm not sure if paranoia about "ticking time bombs" (there are many ticking time bombs right now in the world) and making accusations without fact is helpful. It applies to TB, to chickens, to monkeypox.

Edited by PlayersGroup

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, PlayersGroup said:

Whether they did enough, that's debatable. If they had, why would it grow to 107 cases? Valid question. Should we treat even those with latent TB even if non-infectious? Valid question. (https://www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/treatment/decideltbi.htm)

You keep talking about 107 cases. Looking at your past history of whitewashing the government, I am not sure if this is a deliberate understating of the numbers or an unintentional mistake. For the record, the Ministry of Health (MOH) announced on June 24 that about 170 people at 2 Jalan Bukit Merah tested positive for tuberculosis (TB). (https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/askst-is-tuberculosis-more-contagious-than-covid-19 )

On 8/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, PlayersGroup said:

Now to your assertion they do nothing the past 1.5 years. Do you know what they were doing? I don't know, i dont pretend to know. I don't think you know too, so it is an assumption they did nothing.

Good to see that you are finally beaten into a retreat with your admission that you "I don't know, i dont pretend to know"  with "what they were doing".

Isn't this exactly the same thing with the monkeypox situation now? Aren't you trying to pretend that you know what they are doing, when you keep praising their actions about how they are dealing with it?

Yes, you were sucking up. And that makes it completely troll-worthy! So practice what you preach and "just recognise (Y)our favorite personal theory is not fact."

Guest You be gahmen
On 8/8/2022 at 11:29 AM, Guest Guest said:

You keep talking about 107 cases. Looking at your past history of whitewashing the government, I am not sure if this is a deliberate understating of the numbers or an unintentional mistake. For the record, the Ministry of Health (MOH) announced on June 24 that about 170 people at 2 Jalan Bukit Merah tested positive for tuberculosis (TB). (https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/askst-is-tuberculosis-more-contagious-than-covid-19 )

Good to see that you are finally beaten into a retreat with your admission that you "I don't know, i dont pretend to know"  with "what they were doing".

Isn't this exactly the same thing with the monkeypox situation now? Aren't you trying to pretend that you know what they are doing, when you keep praising their actions about how they are dealing with it?

Yes, you were sucking up. And that makes it completely troll-worthy! So practice what you preach and "just recognise (Y)our favorite personal theory is not fact."

Then you be government? 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:29 AM, Guest Guest said:

Thank you for pointing out it's 170, not 107 cases. 

Yes, my theory is not fact, it's not hard to accept.

If you think I'm retreating, sucking up, you may believe so. I see it as they are doing what is correct and supported by evidence based on the current situation. I see it being factual, being fair and giving credit where credit is due, acknowledging effort of what was already done.

Thank you for acknowledging my posts were troll-worthy. But do you have anything else new to add on monkeypox?

Edited by PlayersGroup

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 12:01 PM, PlayersGroup said:

Thank you for pointing out it's 170, not 107 cases. 

Yes, my theory is not fact, it's not hard to accept.

If you think I'm retreating, sucking up, you may believe so. I see it as they are doing what is correct and supported by evidence based on the current situation. I see it being factual, being fair and giving credit where credit is due, acknowledging effort of what was already done.

Thank you for acknowledging my posts were troll-worthy. But do you have anything else new to add on monkeypox?

Oh! So you "see it being factual, being fair and giving credit where credit is due, acknowledging effort of what was already done."?

Were you also "being fair and giving credit criticism where credit criticism is due, acknowledging LACK OF effort of what was already NOT done"? Or are you here just to suck and crony up to people just because they are in power?

And by the way, you don't seem to have much to add on to the monkeypox too, yeah? The pot is calling the kettle black a bit too much, isn't it?

On 8/8/2022 at 12:00 PM, Guest You be gahmen said:

Then you be government? 

If some people cannot govern, then they should just step down instead of trying to pretend that they are even doing any type of governing.

On 8/8/2022 at 12:12 PM, Guest Guest said:

Were you also "being fair and giving credit criticism where credit criticism is due, acknowledging LACK OF effort of what was already NOT done"?

If the feedback is level headed and based on sound reason, I don't see why not. Criticism without fact is not "criticism when it is due". Alleging lack of effort without fact is not "acknowledging" real lack of effort. 

Example, I think if up to me all TB latent cases should be treated. I think for monkeypox,  high-risk places like gay saunas should be closed for now. I think vaccination should be offered at AFA, publicized at the saunas. I disagree with 377A and it should be repealed.

But I am a nobody, I'm not in power. I'm not sure if there are wider considerations reasons why these are not done. Is it because there really is a lack of monkeypox vaccines even if you want to buy them? Is it not to jeopardise stigmatise businesses based on sexual orientation of clients. Is it because TB is endemic and the more resources needed elsewhere? I do not know, so I am more inclined to state my opinion as opinion, rather than claim people who disagree with me as deficient. 

On governing. I don't think anyone is perfect and know every solution before things happen. It is easier to find fault than to govern. Whatever is done, one side or the other or some third group may jump to criticism. 

If I see good alternative voices I will support. Unfortunately, and im not referring to you, some (not all) alternative voices who think they are very smart overestimate themselves and spread a lot of fake news, disinformation and ill-will. I cannot support them in the name of balance, I think they are harmful for the country.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

counter