Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

Those who are into Romeo Tan, have you seen the show from (Star Awards 2013 Blazing The Trails Episode 1)? May ignore the rest of the program if you are not interested in other local "stars" but if u like Romeo, don't missed out the part running from 14:16, whereby He be showing how he keep his tummy fit hahaha, not say that he is expert on this, but just get arouse when seeing him doing that stun, oh..... That action looks familiar... ... Hehehhe don't quite like him at first, but i think his smile caught my attention.

Guest KimJongUn

Can't believe it when I read this news item.

I wonder is this a publicity stunt?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/entertainment/joanne-peh-now-dating-qi/630926.html

Singapore actor Qi Yuwu recently told local entertainment magazine “8 Days” that he is now dating actress Joanne Peh, whom he had worked with on dramas like “A Song to Remember”, “C.L.I.F.” and “C.L.IF.2”.

Don't think Joanne Peh and Qi Yuwu are compatible. 

http://bit.ly/WeixiuYuwu

Quite funny, qi yi wu has been in mcs for so long and dun rem he has involved in any dating rumours before, and now he tells everyone he is dating joanne peh???

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Guest

MediaCorp must seize on the chance and custom-make an idol drama for the both of them.

Also make them star in the 2014 remake of 神雕侠侣 and promote them to China and Taiwan.

Guest Guest

Qi Yuwu circa a 2008 article - he said he wanted to win an Oscar for Singapore "in 5 years' time" (ie. 2013).

One hot foreign talent Qi Yu Wu, the MediaCorp artiste from Guangzhou, wants to win an Oscar within the next five years
Karman Tse 
plus@newstoday.com.sg 

FROM the time Qi Yu Wu won the Star Search competition on Sept 15, 1999, Lady Luck has been smiling down on him. 

Even as a newbie, meaty TV roles kept gravitating his way — think My Genie, The Peak and The Champion. The Guangzhou-born actor has been among the Top 10 male artistes at the Star Awards three times from 2004 to 2006. He’s also been nominated for the Best Actor trophy twice for 2004’s Room in My Heart and 2006’s CID. 

And that’s far from enough for him. The 31-year-old wants to be a “great actor ... the best”. “I can’t rely on luck forever,” he told Today in an interview, where he switched between English (he has improved by leaps and bounds) and Mandarin. When the soft-spoken actor made up his mind to take matters into his own hands, he put paid to what would have remained a small-screen career. 

Today, the nobody who left his hometown and family for Singapore nine years ago in search of golden opportunities is a movie star in his own right. 

Having headlined four movies so far — The Leap Years, The Home Song Stories, 881 and the latest, Royston Tan’s 12 Lotus — Yu Wu can brag to have starred alongside international actress Joan Chen, and to having rubbed elbows with famous directors at the various international film festivals he has attended. 

And he’s not done yet. This foreign talent, who lists Dustin Hoffman, Gene Hackman and Meryl Streep as his favourite actors, wants to bring an Oscar back to Singapore.

Q : Now that you’re a movie star, why are you returning to the small screen with Little Nonya? 

A : It’s not going back (to the small screen). When I crossed over to movies last year, I promised that I’d do at least one TV show a year, but that it would depend on my schedule. 

I spent the first six years of my career doing one TV series after another. I didn’t really have time to get in touch with a lot of things, and I felt a bit detached from the world. It’s different with movies — there’re breaks in between, so I have more time to develop my passion, like art. 

All these things I do outside of filming contribute to (my work) as an actor. It’s very important for an actor to understand life and the different layers of emotions, otherwise your performance will be very superficial and one-dimensional, and you won’t be able to convince your audience. 

I feel like I have a life now, and I can see improvements (in my acting). 

Q : Do you, as a “foreign talent”, have to constantly work twice as hard to prove yourself and outshine local artistes? Did you ever feel like an outsider? 

A : I think I’m very lucky. When I first came to Singapore, I heard from a few actors, who are also from China, that it’s hard to make it big here — maybe because of the language barrier. But I kept getting opportunities, one after another. 

Singapore has been changing very rapidly in the last few years, and the Government encourages competition and welcomes foreign talents. I am in Singapore at the right time ... But the most important thing I feel, is to keep upgrading yourself, and if you’re good, you’ll get more jobs. That’s how it is.  No, my colleagues have never treated me as a foreigner. 

Q : Are your television colleagues jealous of your movie stardom? 

A : I’ve not come across any. Maybe there are, but I don’t know. I’m not so close to people from the industry — I’d rather keep a distance. I know this is how things are in this industry — it’ll affect you when you hear things like that so I just concentrate on what I do. The only critique and feedback I want should come from the audience.

Q: Are you happy with the movie roles you’ve been getting? 

A: Yes, very happy ... look at all my roles. The Leap Years, Home Song Stories, 881, Painted Skin and now 12 Lotus — these are all very unusual movies. And I like them. They are very international. 

Movies are an international media. You can make a movie in Singapore but it must have international appeal, (otherwise) why not just make a TV series? 

Q: Are you an ambitious actor? 

A: Yes, I have a plan. This way, I’ll feel that my life is in my control. I didn’t use to — I never knew what would happen the next day and I didn’t feel like I was ‘living’. My life was in others’ hands. I felt down and disappointed. That’s when I started to plan and get more involved. At the end of the day it’s my career, I have to take the initiative and be proactive. 

Q: What do you plan to achieve in five years? 

A: To become a better actor. I hope I can win an Oscar ... It’s possible, why not? 

I want to be a great actor — the best actor. Otherwise, what ‘s the point in wasting my time doing this? I should do something else which I can be the best at. Life is too short. 

Q: What would you say is the biggest sacrifice you’ve had to make to get where you are now? 

A: There are many, but I’ve stopped thinking about them. You win some, you lose some ... The biggest sacrifice, I think, is not being able to spend much time with my family. I live alone here, I go home (to Guangzhou, China) about three to four times a year now. I also call them or QQ (China’s version of MSN) them. 

12 Lotus premieres in cinemas Aug 14. The Little Nyonya will be shown on MediaCorp TV's Channel 8 at the end of November.

MediaCorp must seize on the chance and custom-make an idol drama for the both of them.

Also make them star in the 2014 remake of 神雕侠侣 and promote them to China and Taiwan.

Joanne Peh as xiaolongnv?  you must be insane.

Guest Guest

joanne peh is really a slut. to think that i thought she has a rather 'clean girl' image when she started out. she once said she's 100% serious bobby tonelli is the right guy for her and now she said she's sure qi yuwu is the right guy for her..... :wacko: :wacko:

Guest 邵氏后裔

joanne peh is really a slut. to think that i thought she has a rather 'clean girl' image when she started out. 

I agree. 

she once said she's 100% serious bobby tonelli is the right guy for her and now she said she's sure qi yuwu is the right guy for her.....  :wacko:  :wacko:

We'll wait and see. Definitely no good ending between she and Qi Yuwu. 

Guest 杨门男将

白痴恋? 戏子是疯子, 观众是白痴?

n Hokkien, zorr-hee-xsiao, kuar-hee-gorng

These are just media news, could be speculations as we never know the truth, let us respect them and give them best wishes if it's for real

No speculations.

She already admit the love relationship between Qi Yuwu. Please read 2nd last page of yesterday 联合晚报。

Guest snowball

人生如戏, 戏如人生, 把剧中的情节搬到现实生活中有何稀奇?

如果能提高知名度, 双赢局面, 何乐而不为?

红星大奖2013不就将近了吗?

Guest Guest

maybe 715 has now come to the stage of 'needing to find a woman to marry to cover up and please his parents', after all he's 36 already, and joanne peh is the unlucky one - future ruined!

Guest Guest

maybe 715 has now come to the stage of 'needing to find a woman to marry to cover up and please his parents', after all he's 36 already, and joanne peh is the unlucky one - future ruined!

You think Joanne is dumb?? Jump on bed only, both sides leg open wide.

Guest Guest

Will Joanne Peh score a third Best Actress win with her role in Pillow Talk?

Or will Rebecca Lim pip her to the trophy with her evil psycho role in Unriddle 2?

Stay tuned.

Guest Guest

Haha, true or not? Like I said, every cutie we also wish they are gay?!

Gay then what?? 

XSG gay, any of you got chance to fuck with him?

CHW gay, any of you got chance to fuck with him?

TO gay, any of you got chance to fuck with him?

QYW gay, any of you got chance to fuck with him?

BW gay, any of you got chance to fuck with him?

NH gay, any of you got chance to fuck with him?

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.