Jump to content
Male HQ

Pelosi is playing with fire, says China


Guest Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Latest News
On 8/2/2022 at 9:39 PM, Guest Guest said:

How dare she visit Taiwan? She is playing with fire.

China, with sufficient friends on world stage, has publicly announced that America is not a trusted nation. America has repeatedly shown that it is a troublemaker rather than the peacekeeper it claims to be.  Despite Biden pleading for a meeting with President Xi at the G20, China spokemen said it is not going to happen.  Very dignified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest 諸葛亮
On 8/2/2022 at 10:21 PM, sgmaven said:

Unfortunately, China is continuing its expansionist views under Xi Jinping... So tensions are only going to rise.

Then, it is the right time to take back Taiwan.  Pelosi has opened up such opportunity for Xi Jinping to act and I see no reason why he should wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 10:29 PM, Guest 諸葛亮 said:

Then, it is the right time to take back Taiwan.  Pelosi has opened up such opportunity for Xi Jinping to act and I see no reason why he should wait.

Not surprised if Xi Jinping uses that as an excuse. There is a limited window of opportunity for China, as demographics will soon work against China, with its rapidly aging population.

Слава Україні!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 10:51 PM, sgmaven said:

Not surprised if Xi Jinping uses that as an excuse. There is a limited window of opportunity for China, as demographics will soon work against China, with its rapidly aging population.

 

The PRC military kept within the "inofficial" border lines between Taiwan and PRC. from that angle it was known that nothing serious will happen...

 

 

TAIPEI, Aug 2 (Reuters) - Chinese warplanes buzzed the line dividing the Taiwan Strait on Tuesday shortly before the expected arrival in Taipei of U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi for a visit that has pushed friction between Washington and Beijing to a new level.

With tensions already high, several Chinese warplanes flew close to the median line dividing the Taiwan Strait on Tuesday morning, a source told Reuters.

Several Chinese warships have also sailed near the unofficial dividing line since Monday, the source said.

The source said both Chinese warships and aircraft "squeezed" the median line, an unusual move the person described as "very provocative."

The Chinese aircraft repeatedly conducted tactical moves of briefly "touching" the median line and circling back to the other side of the strait while Taiwanese aircraft were on standby nearby, the person said.

 

 

On Tuesday night, Taiwan's tallest building, Taipei 101, lit up with messages including: "Welcome to Taiwan", "Speaker Pelosi", "Taiwan (heart) USA".

 

Edited by singalion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

US Speaker Pelosi arrives in Taiwan, raising China tensions

By Huizhong Wu and Eileen Ng | AP
August 2, 2022 at 10:49
 
TAIPEI, Taiwan — U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi arrived in Taiwan on Tuesday night, becoming the highest-ranking American official to visit the self-ruled island that is claimed by China in 25 years.
 

US House Speaker Pelosi Lands in Taiwan, Defying Chinese Warnings

 
2 August 2022 at 22:42 GMT+8Updated on2 August 2022 at 22:46 GMT+8
 
The Taipei 101 building lit up with a message reading "Speaker Pelosi" as a welcome sign for US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's visit in Taiwan, in Taipei, on Aug. 2.
 

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi landed in Taiwan in defiance of Chinese threats, making her the highest-ranking American politician to visit the island in 25 years.

Pelosi’s military aircraft arrived at Songshan Airport at 10:43pm local time, Taiwan’s Central News Agency reported.

 
 
Edited by singalion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 10:58 PM, Guest sigh said:

sigh, US is really playing with fire.

If the US, with the largest military in the world, does not hold China's expansionism in check, who can? Not that I wholeheartedly trust the US to do no wrong, but I think they are a known-devil, compared with China.

Слава Україні!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suppose when your country is big and strong,  u can play whatever u want but if is tiny and not so strong,  then better just keep quiet.

 

Taiwan is the loser, sandwiched between 2 superpower,  one constantly threaten her existence and the other constantly use it like ATM.

 

Why take the risk and waste so much money and resources for this old grandma's visit? whats her purpose of visiting?  Just to make china angry and create more excuses for military actions.

 

一边偷偷摸摸做坏事

一边明目张胆干坏事

Edited by lonelyglobe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The US is no saint, and neither is Pelosi. However, I do agree that she has every right to visit Taiwan, especially if Taiwan is welcoming of the visit. This is the whole idea of sovereignty of countries, isn't it? That no other country should interfere with who visits.

 

I remember Malaysia being unhappy when the Israeli PM visited Singapore some time ago. There was a lot of tension between Singapore and Malaysia, with Malaysia conducted military exercises in Johor during the visit. Still, Singapore went ahead with the visit, despite threats by Malaysia. This is reflection of sovereignty and independence. If Singapore cannot choose which countries we have relations with, then we are no longer an independent country.

 

Of course, some people still think that Taiwan is part of China, and should kowtow to the PRC's thinking. However, the very existence of Taiwan is proof that not all Chinese believe in what PRC stands for.

Слава Україні!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Bystander

The 82 old lady with probably with FAKE melons didn't even abide by her Boss's One China Policy and warning her not a right time to visit Taiwan.

Risking the lives of her soldiers accompanying her trip to Taiwan.  Looks to me more of a personal reason B4 she goes down 6 feet under.

 

If you guys remember this https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F220727104558-02-pelosi-china-gallery.jpg

 

 

She is blacklisted by China since..... Personal reason >>> very suss

 

With her husband's coming DUI court case  & suspected  insider trade  https://www.businessinsider.com/nancy-pelosi-stock-trades-congress-investments-2022-7. & https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11020345/Nancy-Pelosis-husband-Paul-accused-accessing-inside-information-buy-5m-shares-semiconductor-firm-days-congressional-vote-hand-52bn-chip-manufacturers.html

 

Her son linked to five shady companies probed by feds: report https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9827893/Nancy-Pelosis-son-Paul-involved-FIVE-companies-probed-feds.html

 

Is this her last straw to divert all the attention away to save them ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Dr Fake
On 8/3/2022 at 5:13 AM, Guest Bystander said:

 

Is this her last straw to divert all the attention away to save them ???

yes her motive is obvious. So that she could return home as “hero”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Facepalm situation sia. Top diplomat from USA, has no sense at all. This is not the time to act tough because you are from USA or you are white. Spare a thought to Asia and to the rest of the world. 
 

(She has the right to visit any country but do it at the right time, right occasion.) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 10:00 AM, singalion said:

US Speaker Pelosi arrives in Taiwan, raising China tensions

By Huizhong Wu and Eileen Ng | AP
August 2, 2022 at 10:49
 
TAIPEI, Taiwan — U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi arrived in Taiwan on Tuesday night, becoming the highest-ranking American official to visit the self-ruled island that is claimed by China in 25 years.
 

US House Speaker Pelosi Lands in Taiwan, Defying Chinese Warnings

 
2 August 2022 at 22:42 GMT+8Updated on2 August 2022 at 22:46 GMT+8
 
The Taipei 101 building lit up with a message reading "Speaker Pelosi" as a welcome sign for US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's visit in Taiwan, in Taipei, on Aug. 2.
 

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi landed in Taiwan in defiance of Chinese threats, making her the highest-ranking American politician to visit the island in 25 years.

Pelosi’s military aircraft arrived at Songshan Airport at 10:43pm local time, Taiwan’s Central News Agency reported.

 
 

 

I hope they offer Nancy Pelosi some nice Chocolate Mousse dessert when she goes up the Taipei 101 building.

 

 

On 8/2/2022 at 8:39 AM, Guest Guest said:

How dare she visit Taiwan? She is playing with fire.

 

I also visited Taiwan.   And I am playing with fire every day when I cook my meals.   And when I drive around in one of my cars,  there is a wonderful play of synchronized fire constantly cycling in the 6 cylinders of their V6 engines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 7:05 PM, bluerunner said:

Facepalm situation sia. Top diplomat from USA, has no sense at all. This is not the time to act tough because you are from USA or you are white. Spare a thought to Asia and to the rest of the world. 
 

(She has the right to visit any country but do it at the right time, right occasion.) 

 

Why you try to give a racist twist to this episode?  Surely Nancy Pelosi and her staff have a good first-class understanding of world diplomacy.  They have not chosen this time for Nancy's visit to Asian countries capriciously.   And Taiwan is just one of the countries being visited.   Although the White House shows opposition to Pelosi's visit, there might be a smart diplomatic reason for their position, something to placate the PRC, while they secretly are happy that the Speaker is taking this move of STRENGTH and rejection of BEING INTIMIDATED. The Republicans,  the party opposed to Pelosi,  already have published their support for the Speaker's move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 8:05 AM, bluerunner said:

Facepalm situation sia. Top diplomat from USA, has no sense at all. This is not the time to act tough because you are from USA or you are white. Spare a thought to Asia and to the rest of the world. 
 

(She has the right to visit any country but do it at the right time, right occasion.) 

But which country was the one who started increasing the tension across the Taiwan Straits by increasing the number of incursions into the Taiwanese Air Defense Identification Zone? If everyone was to fear provoking China, then wouldn't China be even more emboldened to do worse?

 

A similar situation happened in Europe, and everyone wanted to placate Russia, and hence did nothing. What happened? Russia invaded Ukraine!

Слава Україні!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest USA don't really care
On 8/3/2022 at 8:34 AM, sgmaven said:

But which country was the one who started increasing the tension across the Taiwan Straits by increasing the number of incursions into the Taiwanese Air Defense Identification Zone? If everyone was to fear provoking China, then wouldn't China be even more emboldened to do worse?

 

A similar situation happened in Europe, and everyone wanted to placate Russia, and hence did nothing. What happened? Russia invaded Ukraine!

 

Nobody helping Ukraine. 

 

When China invade Taiwan. 

Nobody will help Taiwan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Let's see
On 8/3/2022 at 8:09 AM, Steve5380 said:

I hope they offer Nancy Pelosi some nice Chocolate Mousse dessert when she goes up the Taipei 101 building.

 

She truly deserves some nice and WARM Chocolate Mousse fresh from Xi's bowel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest I M not so kind as Xi
On 8/3/2022 at 9:51 AM, Guest Release the dragon said:

Why not 2022?

Why not NOW?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 9:01 PM, Guest Let's see said:

She truly deserves some nice and WARM Chocolate Mousse fresh from Xi's bowel.

 

Does Xi have a bowel?  He acts like all his shit stays inside...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

On 8/3/2022 at 11:17 AM, Steve5380 said:

 

Does Xi have a bowel?  He acts like all his shit stays inside...

 

Steve5380, why do you need to go down to respond to such obvious trolling posts with your own snarky replies?

 

I thought you took a break from BW the past weeks to reflect on your behaviour on BW.

 

Your repeated responses to any Guest troll post just keeps them going on to the annoying of BW.

 

When will you stop feeding the obvious Guest trolls on BW???????

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 8:05 AM, bluerunner said:

Facepalm situation sia. Top diplomat from USA, has no sense at all. This is not the time to act tough because you are from USA or you are white. Spare a thought to Asia and to the rest of the world. 
 

(She has the right to visit any country but do it at the right time, right occasion.) 

 

The main issue I see is that most South East Asian countries only see opportunities being "friend" with the PRC, what they tend to ignore or forget is that the PRC is bullying these countries also.

 

As the power of the PRC will rise, the bullying from China will increase also.

The PRC is not as innocent as some prefer to draw them here.

 

The South East Asia nations should think smarter instead of just focusing on some potential short lived economic or financial gains, namely: Does the world need another world power bully?

 

Today it might be Russia, tomorrow the PRC.

 

In my view, the South East Asian nations should start to sit together to counter the negative actions from the PRC instead of keeping silent.

 

Like school bullies, you don't stop them if you don't confront them.

The soft approach does not work.

This is in my view the only way that China will take lessons.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by singalion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 8:16 AM, Steve5380 said:

The Republicans,  the party opposed to Pelosi,  already have published their support for the Speaker's move.

 

Looking at Fox news the story line was surely different...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest War war war
On 8/3/2022 at 12:38 PM, singalion said:

 

The main issue I see is that most South East Asian countries only see opportunities being "friend" with the PRC, what they tend to ignore or forget is that the PRC is bullying these countries also.

 

As the power of the PRC will rise, the bullying from China will increase also.

The PRC is not as innocent as some prefer to draw them here.

 

The South East Asia nations should think smarter instead of just focusing on some potential short lived economic or financial gains, namely: Does the world need another world power bully?

 

Today it might be Russia, tomorrow the PRC.

 

In my view, the South East Asian nations should start to sit together to counter the negative actions from the PRC instead of keeping silent.

 

Like school bullies, you don't stop them if you don't confront them.

The soft approach does not work.

This is in my view the only way that China will take lessons.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Where got? 

Malaysia openly anti China. 

Phillipines dispute with China about the land they build a military air strip. 

South East Asia want to avoid conlifct and war cause it doesn't bring peace. 

 

South East Asia want to prosper. 

China is very opportunist one. 

I mean even Chinese don't like their own government... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

As it happens: Nancy Pelosi meets Taiwan president as China vows response

 

In this photo released by the Taiwan Presidential Office, US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen wave during a meeting in Taipei, Aug 3, 2022. (Taiwan Presidential Office via AP)

03 Aug 2022 08:19AM (Updated: 03 Aug 2022 12:38PM)
 
 

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi met Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen on Wednesday (Aug 3) as part of a controversial trip to the island ...

Pelosi said her delegation had come to Taiwan in "peace for the region", during a meeting with Tsai Chi-chang, the deputy speaker of Taiwan's parliament.

 

Tsai thanks Pelosi, calls visit a boost for public confidence
In a joint press conference, Taiwan president Tsai Ing-wen lauded US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's presence in Taiwan, calling it a boost for public confidence. She thanked Pelosi for her concrete actions to support Taiwan.

On her part, Pelosi said the US stands with Taiwan and highlighted three areas of focus during this visit - security, economic development and governance. She also said the US will not abandon its commitment to the island.

 

 

https://liveblog.straitstimes.com/s3fs-public/liveblog-uploads/2022-08-03/111d7ce.jpg

 

 

Edited by singalion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 12:46 PM, Guest War war war said:

 

Where got? 

Malaysia openly anti China. 

Phillipines dispute with China about the land they build a military air strip. 

South East Asia want to avoid conlifct and war cause it doesn't bring peace. 

 

South East Asia want to prosper. 

China is very opportunist one. 

I mean even Chinese don't like their own government... 

 

Then show me the resolutions from ASEAN to severely condemn China's actions in the South China Sea?

 

It are mostly the Western democracies that confront China on the issues,

while ASEAN or the South East Asian countries (in fear of retribution) keep silent.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Blind faith
On 8/3/2022 at 12:51 PM, singalion said:

 

Then show me the resolutions from ASEAN to severely condemn China's actions in the South China Sea?

 

It are mostly the Western democracies that confront China on the issues,

while ASEAN or the South East Asian countries (in fear of retribution) keep silent.

 

 

 

Go Google la. You got so much time debate on forum. 

 

The same way asean can't free Myanmar from the junta. Not like USA is doing anything for Myanmar also. 

 

USA is selective in their agenda. Don't be blind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone who thinks Xi Jinping's China is not going to flex its muscles more and more in the region is just delusional! The question is how to keep that monster in check. The US is not a saint, but as I have said before, it is a known devil...

Слава Україні!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 2:05 PM, sgmaven said:

Anyone who thinks Xi Jinping's China is not going to flex its muscles more and more in the region is just delusional! The question is how to keep that monster in check. The US is not a saint, but as I have said before, it is a known devil...

 

Agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 7:39 PM, Why? said:

Pelosi has just left Taiwan, leaving behind numerous clumps of poop.  Taiwanese have to put up with her stench, which is said to linger for quite some time.  So Gross!! 

 

*Holding my nose*.

Does the PRC pay you to be their mouthpiece?

Слава Україні!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 11:40 PM, singalion said:

 

Looking at Fox news the story line was surely different...

 

The story line is NOT different.  I just watched a video of FOX news where Mike Pompeo strongly defended the actions of Nancy.

 

 

 

On 8/3/2022 at 7:47 AM, sgmaven said:

Does the PRC pay you to be their mouthpiece?

 

It seems that @Why? chooses to be not the mouthpiece of Xi but the other end,  where he empties his bowel.

 

 

On 8/3/2022 at 1:05 AM, sgmaven said:

 

 The US is not a saint, but as I have said before, it is a known devil...

 

 

Here you have a country that supports economically your island,  that advises your leaders to support us LGBTs, ...   and you call it " a known devil " ??

 

 

 

On 8/2/2022 at 11:49 PM, singalion said:

 

 

As it happens: Nancy Pelosi meets Taiwan president as China vows response

 

In this photo released by the Taiwan Presidential Office, US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen wave during a meeting in Taipei, Aug 3, 2022. (Taiwan Presidential Office via AP)

03 Aug 2022 08:19AM (Updated: 03 Aug 2022 12:38PM)
 
 

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi met Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen on Wednesday (Aug 3) as part of a controversial trip to the island ...

Pelosi said her delegation had come to Taiwan in "peace for the region", during a meeting with Tsai Chi-chang, the deputy speaker of Taiwan's parliament.

 

Tsai thanks Pelosi, calls visit a boost for public confidence
In a joint press conference, Taiwan president Tsai Ing-wen lauded US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's presence in Taiwan, calling it a boost for public confidence. She thanked Pelosi for her concrete actions to support Taiwan.

On her part, Pelosi said the US stands with Taiwan and highlighted three areas of focus during this visit - security, economic development and governance. She also said the US will not abandon its commitment to the island.

 

 

https://liveblog.straitstimes.com/s3fs-public/liveblog-uploads/2022-08-03/111d7ce.jpg

 

 

 

Again,  Nancy looks great  besides the Taiwan leader.  She does not look like an 82 years old woman,  but practically identical to Tsai Ing-wen, who is only 65. 

 

In two years, in 2024, she might not be very different.  if she loses the speakership in November,  she should run for President,  same as comedian John Steward.  I see Pelosi far, far superior to Kamala Harris, whom I wonder what she is good for.   But even if Joe Biden has still sufficient strength to stay in power,  I would choose him a thousand times over DeSantis  ( oh my God! ).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 9:56 PM, Steve5380 said:

Here you have a country that supports economically your island,  that advises your leaders to support us LGBTs, ...   and you call it " a known devil " ??

The country that continues its strong ties with Saudi Arabia, after the truth behind the brutal killing of Jamal Khashoggi? The same country who has scarred most of Indo-China with Agent Orange? The very same country who invaded Iraq, with faked evidence for their holding WMDs? The list goes on. Please don't "only listen to the good things" and try to be more balanced in your views!

Слава Україні!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Folding Umbrella
On 8/3/2022 at 9:56 PM, Steve5380 said:

 

The story line is NOT different.  I just watched a video of FOX news where Mike Pompeo strongly defended the actions of Nancy.

 

 

 

 

It seems that @Why? chooses to be not the mouthpiece of Xi but the other end,  where he empties his bowel.

 

 

 

Here you have a country that supports economically your island,  that advises your leaders to support us LGBTs, ...   and you call it " a known devil " ??

 

 

 

 

Again,  Nancy looks great  besides the Taiwan leader.  She does not look like an 82 years old woman,  but practically identical to Tsai Ing-wen, who is only 65. 

 

In two years, in 2024, she might not be very different.  if she loses the speakership in November,  she should run for President,  same as comedian John Steward.  I see Pelosi far, far superior to Kamala Harris, whom I wonder what she is good for.   But even if Joe Biden has still sufficient strength to stay in power,  I would choose him a thousand times over DeSantis  ( oh my God! ).


Pelosi should buy Bang and Olufsen speakers in November or she should start to be a listener instead of a speaker. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 9:34 AM, sgmaven said:

The country that continues its strong ties with Saudi Arabia, after the truth behind the brutal killing of Jamal Khashoggi? The same country who has scarred most of Indo-China with Agent Orange? The very same country who invaded Iraq, with faked evidence for their holding WMDs? The list goes on. Please don't "only listen to the good things" and try to be more balanced in your views!

 

One cannot judge a country by the actions of some unscrupulous leaders who happen to climb to power and take hold there,  like this abominable Donald Trump, this idiot GW Bush manipulated by Dick Cheney and other republican war mongers,  and even Kennedy who probably never realized the evil criminality of using Agent Orange to deforest North Vietnam, and approved its use.

 

About the US support of Saudi Arabia, including the fist bump by Biden the other days,  there are compromises some leaders have to take that go against morality,  and the support of Saudi Arabia is not so much worse than keeping 377A by your leaders to satisfy their base of voters who keep them in power.

 

America is NOT an evil land,  as our constitution and our laws clearly show America's moral and decent fundamentals.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
counter