Male HQ

Gay Friendly Doctor + Gay Friendly Sti Testing Clinic Recommendation (Compiled)

StrikeEagle

Guest Testing 1, 2, 3...

So what do sexually active people (notice how I've politely refrained from using the word promiscuous) who go through multiple random partners that they meet at saunas do?

Go for a check up once every 3 months?

Do you have to have a special test for each of the known STDs?

Or can you say to the Doctor, I think I've been pretty damn careful, but give me a broad scan anyways and tell me if I caught anything!

Do I have to declare that I've specifically had GAY sex?

Can I just say that I have recently had unprotected sex, and I'd like to run a series of tests to put my mind at ease?

• 1 month later...
Guest worryboi

anyone got gonorrhea experienced? can share? im so worry now and don't kno wat to do..I really don feel like to go clinic for checkup ..can I just get myself some antibiotics for treatment?

Guest worryboi

anyone got gonorrhea experienced? can share? im so worry now and don't kno wat to do..I really don feel like to go clinic for checkup ..can I just get myself some antibiotics for treatment?

Guest Guest

No you can't self medicate, at least not in this land. U need to visit a doctor. Most likely will be given a jab n a course of antibiotics. You can jus visit a GP clinic if you don't want to go DSC. Not much difference between these two choice.get well soon n don't be a dickhead n spread it around. Thanks appreciate .

No, You need to see a doctor soon. Don't delay. You can't buy antibiotic off the counter because no pharmacy will sell it to you without a prescription.

The thing about Sexual Transmitted Infection is that It will get harder and longer to cure if you delay your treatment. Like it or not, it is better you get treated fast. 

I have given the above link for you to contact the doctor or if you need counseling and help, call DSC Clinic.

Guest Guest

A friend wants to consult a male doctor, preferably gay friendly, relating to his man's problem.

I tried googling but some of the information is outdated.

Please help if any of you has latest info . Many thanks.

Guest UN_BanKiMoon
Since you are a guest, I have to hide my identity. Otherwise, I can pm you their personal handphone numbers.

Gay friendly (Not gay) doctors

1. Lee Kok Leong; at Chai Chee

2. Joseph Teo Boon Leng; don't know where right now.

3. Tay Boon Chong; specialty to all STDs

I know one doctor in NNI at SGH. Super gay. Unless, you have head damage or injury, I will recommend you.

Guest Guest
Since you are a guest, I have to hide my identity. Otherwise, I can pm you their personal handphone numbers.

Gay friendly (Not gay) doctors
1. Lee Kok Leong; at Chai Chee
2. Joseph Teo Boon Leng; don't know where right now.
3. Tay Boon Chong; specialty to all STDs

I know one doctor in NNI at SGH. Super gay. Unless, you have head damage or injury, I will recommend you.

Many thanks for the response. Would be grateful if you can just advise the clinics.

The above are just merely names, like numbers. Don't know who and where they are.

Guest UN_BanKiMoon

There is government portal where you can search for any Government people.

Same goes to doctors. Registered doctors can be search through online. 

Make full use of search engine.

I went to a clinic at serangoon today to get the doctor to certify that I am fit to work as I was down with chicken pox 2 weeks ago.

After checking my body temperature, he checked if blisters on my tummy area were dried up. Then he wanted to check blisters on my thigh area and he asked me to pull down my jeans.

I went to a clinic at serangoon today to get the doctor to certify that I am fit to work as I was down with chicken pox 2 weeks ago.

After checking my body temperature, he checked if blisters on my tummy area were dried up. Then he wanted to check blisters on my thigh area and he asked me to pull down my jeans.

Did you pull down your undies too?

i dont mind sucking a doctor older :D want cute cute

AhYangVic,

Please do not waylay the topic into your personal fantasy.  You get 1 warning point for doing so.

Anymore members who divert from the topic will be given warning points. Accumulating more warning points will get you suspension form the forum.

Most doctors I came across are gay friendly. Instead you could post here which doctors are non gay friendly and to be avoided.

I do agree that most doctors are friendly regardless of your orientations because their duties are to treat you and not judge you. Thought at times it makes you wonder where that demarkation is. 

Once consulted a female doctor for health screening. When I told her, I had some prostate issue, her immediate reaction was am I gay. When I response that I wasn't she continued on the screening as before without any prejudiced and even told me she need to do a prostate test for reassurance. On the other hand, while on a bed on my first visit to a male urologist, he told me to unbutton my pants and lower my undies. I misunderstood him and pull my undies all the way down when he actually just wanted to feel the area below my belly button. On seeing my trim rather short pubes, he asked if I was married. I answer no but i somehow sense a little difference in treatment after all this. Maybe I was being over sensitive but I still question myself on why was my marriage status an issue with a urologist?  :huh:

anyway, my point to the guest who claim your friend is seeking a gay friendly doctor to address his male problems: What he need is maybe a male doctor if he is uncomfortable with explaining to a female doctor. Just go to any GP and ask the receptionist if the doctor in consultation is male. Whether it is a male issue or a sexually related issue let the consulting doctor decide and advice you where to go from there. I don't think any doctor would go around telling the world you are gay. They have a code of conduct to conform to. Like what Matt-your-FT stated, incase your friend ended up with a non gay-friendly than avoid future consultation with him. 

Shyc

1. I am sure the female doc had heard stories of some gay men who often go to see the doctors complaining of prostate problems so that they can be fingered by doctors.

2. St8 men don't have a habit to trim their pubic hair, only gay men does. Also str8 men are never too eager to strip themselves naked in front of a stranger.

Just so that you know.

And TS,

Most GP are trained to handle most issues regardless male or female. Unless u need a urologist for the job. Whether the doc is gay friendly or not should not matter. Unless you don't want a female doctor to touch your dick or poke your ass during examination.

If st8 man see a pretty doctor, I believe they will be more than just eager.

2. St8 men don't have a habit to trim their pubic hair, only gay men does. Also str8 men are never too eager to strip themselves naked in front of a stranger.

ust so that you know.

Interesting observations GachiMuchi hahaha  :clap:

but... for the record... it was after the female doctor told me that she had to finger me for the prostate test as part of the health screen that I told her I did have an issue there. This is so that she will pay more attention and not go thru motion about it. Besides, I never like being fingered there...  :unsure:

I am not too sure about statement 2 these days thou cos according to some news articles in the past seems more male are into male-scaping this days regardless of orientation. And being shy isn't sexual oriented either. Well at least I don't think so. I for once are never too eager to show especially to doctors... But of cos at cruisy spots that really depends on situations and circumstances. 

I do find your observation amusing and tad true to a certain extend but can't label everyone alike no matter what. 

Certain things does comes automatic thou.  :whistle: Once in hospital, a houseman was task to verify what was on records and told me he need to do a finger test. After he close the curtain, my immediate reaction was to bend over doggy style on the bed. Almost die of embarrassment when he sheepishly state that he just need me to lie on my side  and pull up my legs closer to my chest. This I think you can claim is a very gay response.  :D

As for touching of private parts, I think I can assure most folks here that that's the last thing a doctor would do whether male or female doctors. Most will look from a distance and just advice you to turn and show them accordingly. Even when I was at the urologist, pulling back of foreskin is done by myself under the doctor's instructions. They usually won't touch even with gloves on unless necessary. 

That's why in my earlier posting I stated that having a male or female doctor is not an issue unless they are gay unfriendly and don't seems to be able to advice properly due to this discrimination. 

• 1 month later...

You can not just buy them over the counter. You need to see a doctor for treatment and I think that is the best thing to do. Don;t try to self diagnose this and end up in worst shape lah. Nothing to be shy about it these day. Doctors are very private sensitive. Shy then see a male doctor if female scares you or vice visa

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• 1 month later...
Guest anxious

I have been falling sick often like 3 times in a row like never before but many people say it may be a telltale sign of HIV infection as I am quite into casual sex with different partners but didn't do anal sex many years ago. Only unprotected oral sex. But the funny thing was that I went to DSC last week to be tested for everything.. Then my rapid HIV test showed negative. So what should I do? Be retested after 3 months later?? Or?

Your symptom is what we usually term it as Guilt related Stress disorder.  As you had mentioned, you are "quite into casual sex with different partners", these "activities" that you had is putting a toll on your conscience and so thus it might had manifest into you falling sick and thinking that you might have caught HIV.

The following are extracted from Wiki How

How to Eliminate Guilt

Edited by David J, KnowItSome, Sondra C, Flickety and 20 others

Identify whether or not you should feel guilty. Remember that guilt is evidence of a troubled conscience and, in some circumstances, is appropriate. If, after careful thought, you conclude that your actions were wrong and that your guilt is justified, think of ways to make amends or make the situation "right." Take action sooner than later to combat another emotion commonly associated with guilt: Shame.

Engage in self-exploration to really get in touch with your feelings. Explore your feelings on a deeper level to ensure that it is indeed guilt you are feeling. When we feel guilty, we focus intently on events that have already happened. When we worry, it is about events that are presently happening or may happen in the future. If it is worry, find out how to eliminate worry.

Affirm that the event has happened and that you feel guilty. Write it down if it helps. Here are some examples:

• "I had casual sex with different partners, and I feel guilty that I may become a slut and might contract HIV" (Based on your issues)
  • "I didn't study for the test and I got an F. I feel guilty that I let my parents down who pay so much for me to go to school."
  • "I broke up with Bobby. I feel guilty that he hurts so much."

Ask yourself, "Is there anything I can do to make this situation better right now?" Here are some examples:

• "I had gone for a HIV test and the result is negative." (Based on your issues)
  • "I can talk to my professor and see if he will let me retake the exam. If not, I can drop the class so that the F will not appear on my transcript."
  • "I could get back together with Bobby, but that would be a short-term solution, since I would not be happy and we would end up in the same place. I could console him, but that will probably make the situation worse. I have exhausted all possibilities and there is nothing I can do to make this situation better."

If you still feel guilty, affirm that it is not necessary or productive.

• Say to yourself, "I have now done everything in my power to make this situation better. My guilt no longer serves any positive purpose."

Move on with your life. Don't dwell on negative, guilty feelings; they lead to inappropriate levels of shame and self-loathing. Recognize that nobody's perfect and we all make mistakes, and this is one you will not repeat. Engage in activities that are positive and affirming, and where you have opportunities to do good; allow yourself to see how the same mistake that made you feel guilty has now resulted in your being a better, more conscientious person.

==============

Hope it helps.

Don't worry too much. Sometimes, it all in your head. If you still not convinced, go for a 2nd HIV test in 1 or 2 months' time. In the mean time, don't beat yourself too hard.

Edited by GachiMuchi

Guest daddy

Hey boi, don't worry. There is help available. And there is no shame is seeking medical help. Don't self-medicate, unless you are a medical professional and know 200% what you are doing. Call the toll free DSC (Department of STI Control) counselling hotline: 1800 252 1324 to find out more. Your identify will remain confidential. Visit their website: http://www.dsc-sexualhealth.com.sg/. Stay healthy boi!

• 2 months later...

im not sure if im posting it at the right place

mod if its at the wrong place sorry.

any one would recommend or know any gay friendly doctors or gay doctors or do have any pleasant experience with a doctor at clinics? mind to share or pm me? 

Read back on earlier post, there were a few recommendations on Gay friendly doctors, mind you, they are gay friendly NOT Gay Doctors.

So please do not go and kacheow them unless you are really seek help from some medical ailments. http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=2752entry526571

Edited by GachiMuchi

• 2 months later...
Guest sg_guest

Hi guys,

I think I have been affected with STD. Recently found penile discharge and pain during pee.

any doctors or clinic do you recommend for checkup? Or just any clinic will do ?

• 3 weeks later...

I go to my family doctor in Hougang for all medical problems include my groin rash,

my gay friends also go there for private area problems and erection problems

clinic is not expensive, good, friendly staff too

I have clinic number. It is 6280 7262

I go to my family doctor in Hougang for all medical problems include my groin rash,

my gay friends also go there for private area problems and erection problems

clinic is not expensive, good, friendly staff too

I have clinic number. It is 6280 7262

Hougang near where?

• 4 months later...

Why would you want to volunteer info to your MO, when you can easily get your STD looked into by a private doctor?

It's not like you are going to have sex with your army buddies.

How come you don't get medical help since you went for a checkup?

Go see a private doctor and have your STD looked into.

Here is a gay friendly doctor http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=2752&p=526571

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Q Medical Clinic is at River Valley Road and gay-friendly.

Doctor is very professional and detailed in asking questions, unlike some that just want to faster see and faster zao.

• 1 year later...
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.