Male HQ

Discussion on Muscle Building, Weight Lost, Weight Gain, Gym Workout

Guest Advice, pls

It's possible to gain 2kg a week in pure mass?

Correction, it should be lbs and not kg. Thanks for catching that.

But yes you can gain 2 lbs a week, but you won't be able to do it for long. The body naturally hits a plateau after about the 10-12th week and not gain. So you switch routines and go light (lift 50% of your usual weights).

Do remember that your body type will naturally be your biggest foe or friend. Some people pack on muscle mass more easily than others.

During the mass gaining stage you have to lift super heavy (nothing more than 8 reps), eat the right stuff a lot (5 meals a day) and sleep (7-8 hours a day). Try googling 'Kris Dim' for his workout. Or if you have an email I can send it to you. it is good to have a training partner when lifting super heavy weights.

"Life it too short to be small"

I am 170cm... Hit my max of 80kg last year before a bout of dengue fever hit me in Nov. Lost 6kg in a week. :( Slowly trying to bulk up again after that and am now 77kg according to the digital scales at the gym.

But since I have changed my diet to include two meals of purely oats and one lunch of normal food, I wonder how would this affect my mass gain? Comments?

I know how you feel. I had malaria after a dive trip to P. Tioman island. I lost 10 kg in one week! Felt like shit!

Just 2 oat meals a day isn't going to get you back that 6kg, sorry to be the bearer of bad news :( You need more meals. Balanced meals are great so eat plenty of meat with veg and carbs. The oats should give you more than enough fiber to load up on brown rice and spaghetti.

Whey protein supplements are good too. They are expensive though.

I hope you get the 6kg back soon. You look good at 80kg.

Correction, it should be lbs and not kg. Thanks for catching that.

But yes you can gain 2 lbs a week, but you won't be able to do it for long. The body naturally hits a plateau after about the 10-12th week and not gain. So you switch routines and go light (lift 50% of your usual weights).

Do remember that your body type will naturally be your biggest foe or friend. Some people pack on muscle mass more easily than others.

During the mass gaining stage you have to lift super heavy (nothing more than 8 reps), eat the right stuff a lot (5 meals a day) and sleep (7-8 hours a day). Try googling 'Kris Dim' for his workout. Or if you have an email I can send it to you. it is good to have a training partner when lifting super heavy weights.

nod =) thanks. am aware of the things you mentioned. just that the 2kg/week caught my eye. i'm going into my cutting phase, currently at 96kg (most are fats though).

and my bone mass is heavier than others, according to a doc i visited some years back.

nod =) thanks. am aware of the things you mentioned. just that the 2kg/week caught my eye. i'm going into my cutting phase, currently at 96kg (most are fats though).

and my bone mass is heavier than others, according to a doc i visited some years back.

Fat? Large bone mass? Hmm.... best for me to check you in person to verify, you know, its always good to have a second opinion :) :thumb:

eh, but you're super big size. me small size la.. shy. : p

I don't believe u r that shy ... haha! If you visit clubs you can't be that shy.

Also, I'm only 90kg and you are 96kg ... how tall r u?

Edited by beef4beef

... shy la! : p Muscleworship has seen me before! you can ask him.

178cm. mine mostly fats la..

Hmm... I don't know about the fats he had claimed but I've seen him before, definitely a big bone structure person - large bone mass. :)

~ Ræ ~

Rayner, are you his workout buddy? (in the gym I mean)

Beefy,

In response to your query, errmmm... I'm afraid to tell you that my answer is a "No.".

As a matter of fact, I have not worked out for ages due to some health issues. :)

~ Ræ ~

Beefy,

In response to your query, errmmm... I'm afraid to tell you that my answer is a "No.".

As a matter of fact, I have not worked out for ages due to some health issues. :)

Sorry to hear about the state of health. I hope you'll get better. Weight lifting can wait a little longer. After all you are still so young.

Retri is a super gorgeous cutie with an angelic voice and a handsome face. Good catch!!!!! All must try.:P

Sounds like its time to set up an official Retri Fan Club (RFC) .... okay, who wants to be President? Vice President? Public Relations Officer? Marketing Manager? .... Second thing on the agenda is that we need a plan for his debut CD ... etc

Edited by beef4beef

Got position for coffee boy :P

So sorry, there's no such position right now. Perhaps in the near future when we all actually physically meet up.

However, there are several positions for paparazzi/stalker. All fan clubs need them. They provide much needed information to the fans club members. It is an important responsibility.

If you are interested, you'll need a few things:

1. Digital zoom camera

2. Thick skin

3. Have completed NS (at least BMT) so that you'll know how to dodge and reccee

4. Be quick to think on your feet

5. And if possible can't be too attractive to Retri or else he'll be stalking you instead! haha

Please send all correspondences, photos, resume/CV to retri_fan_club@yahoo.com.sg (yes this is an actual email address!)

Thanks.

Edited by beef4beef

So sorry, there's no such position right now. Perhaps in the near future when we all actually physically meet up.

However, there are several positions for paparazzi/stalker. All fan clubs need them. They provide much needed information to the fans club members. It is an important responsibility.

If you are interested, you'll need a few things:

1. Digital zoom camera

2. Thick skin

3. Have completed NS (at least BMT) so that you'll know how to dodge and reccee

4. Be quick to think on your feet

5. And if possible can't be too attractive to Retri or else he'll be stalking you instead! haha

Please send all correspondences, photos, resume/CV to retri_fan_club@yahoo.com.sg (yes this is an actual email address!)

Thanks.

-__-"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

*falls off chair*

Edited by retri

-__-"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

*falls off chair*

What is this supposed to represent? speechless perhaps?

p/s: All to note, NO more chairs for Retri (he keeps falling off them) ... he will need to sit on the floor, lay on his tummy, or sit on something else that will prevent him from slipping off! ..... gosh my mind is in the gutter again! Admit it! Your's too! Haha......

Edited by beef4beef

Back to the thread ...

Would anyone like to share their workout routine with us? Like when did they first started lifting seriously, etc.

Perhaps a few questions to start the ball rolling ... I've added mine responses in brackets) ....

1. How often do you workout? (3x a week if not 4x now)

2. On the average how long per session do you spend with your workout? (45 mins to an hr)

3. Do you do a short warm up cardio session (10-20mins) before you start lifting or you just go for the weights! (unfortunately I don't anymore, which I think is bad!)

4. Do you warm down with cardio again after your workout? (nope, bad bad boy)

5. How many meals to you eat a day and what is your typical diet? (4 meals, gotta have veg and meat)

6. Do you take supplements and if you do, which ones? (I used to take whey protein when I was working out 6x a week but not anymore)

7. If a person was 1.70m tall, what do you think his ideal weight be around? (@ 85 to 95kg)

8. Which local or foreign bodybuilder do you admire? (Hidetada from Japan)

9. When did you start lifting seriously (regularly)? (1996)

10. Are you lifting because it gets you more bedtime partners? (Hell yes! Haha!)

Feel free to add to this list if there's something about bodybuilding/weight training that you're interested to hear the views of others ... or simply just like to share.

Edited by beef4beef

Well Beef, here's my reply. :)

Would anyone like to share their workout routine with us? Like when did they first started lifting seriously, etc.

Perhaps a few questions and to start the ball rolling I've added mine responses in brackets) ....

1. How often do you workout? - normally 4 times a week lifting weights, 1 time random cardio if I feel like it.

2. On the average how long per session do you spend with your workout? 1-1.5 hr including warmup

3. Do you do a short warm up cardio session (10-20mins) before you start lifting or you just go for the weights! nopes, normally do stretching/movement-based warmup

4. Do you warm down with cardio again after your workout? nope, normally dead tired after workout

5. How many meals to you eat a day and what is your typical diet? breakfast, 10am meal, lunch, 3pm meal, dinner, postworkout shake or bcaa. and if hungry again b4 sleep, whey. trying to be on a high protein cycle, but been seriously slacking off.

6. Do you take supplements and if you do, which ones? Whey , fish oil, leucine, Xtend(BCAA) during workout only, and daily vitamins/minerals. tried creatine b4.

7. If a person was 1.70m tall, what do you think his ideal weight be around? i think everyone should be 80kgs and above!

8. Which local or foreign bodybuilder do you admire? bo dixon, beef4beef, local bodybuilders, wai teck i guess, he's huge, jonas too.

9. When did you started lifting seriously (regularly)? 2008 March

10. Are you lifting because it gets you more bedtime partners? dun seem to be getting more, :P but mostly workout to hit personal goals. :)

Feel free to add to this list if there's something about bodybuilding/weight training that you're interested to hear the views of others ... or simply just like to share.

GACHI YOU ARE DIGRESSING. /BAN

: p

1. How often do you workout? -> 3 to 4 times a week.

2. On the average how long per session do you spend with your workout? -> 45 mins to 90 mins max (excluding cardio)

3. Do you do a short warm up cardio session (10-20mins) before you start lifting or you just go for the weights! -> Sometimes. Then would do 1 min running in btwn sets to keep the heartrate up. Sometimes I hit the weights only, but I would do super set to keep the heartrate going. Sometimes, plain lazy, rest enough btwn sets (90 secs or so), then go for cardio after lifting.

4. Do you warm down with cardio again after your workout? SOMEtimes.

5. How many meals to you eat a day and what is your typical diet? 3 to 4.. I don't keep track : p

6. Do you take supplements and if you do, which ones? -> Con-cret. MuscleMilk. Purple Wraath.

7. If a person was 1.70m tall, what do you think his ideal weight be around? 75 to 90?

8. Which local or foreign bodybuilder do you admire? Jackson.

9. When did you started lifting seriously (regularly)? 2009

10. Are you lifting because it gets you more bedtime partners? no leh..

Anybody does negative reps?

GACHI YOU ARE DIGRESSING. /BAN

: p

I don't think BW Moderators can be banned, lol! Nice try though.

)

3. Do you do a short warm up cardio session (10-20mins) before you start lifting or you just go for the weights! -> Sometimes. Then would do 1 min running in btwn sets to keep the heartrate up. Sometimes I hit the weights only, but I would do super set to keep the heartrate going. Sometimes, plain lazy, rest enough btwn sets (90 secs or so), then go for cardio after lifting.

Wow! Keep it up! You'll look amazing very soon.

7. If a person was 1.70m tall, what do you think his ideal weight be around? 75 to 90?

Only 75kg?

Anybody does negative reps?

As in pyramid sets? Sorry not too sure what neg reps are. Please explain. Thanks.

B4B,

I would love to see you, Retri, Utopean & muscleworship draw lot and form 2 team for wrestling one of these day. I be the judge. Winner gets to do anything to looser. What do you say?

Wait a minute, before I agree to this .... I need to see what muscleworship looks like (stats etc) ... also more of Retri if possible, haha!

Well Beef, here's my reply. :)

5. How many meals to you eat a day and what is your typical diet? breakfast, 10am meal, lunch, 3pm meal, dinner, postworkout shake or bcaa. and if hungry again b4 sleep, whey. trying to be on a high protein cycle, but been seriously slacking off.

6. Do you take supplements and if you do, which ones? Whey , fish oil, leucine, Xtend(BCAA) during workout only, and daily vitamins/minerals. tried creatine b4.

I've given up on them already. Just eat a balance meal each day is good enough for me.

7. If a person was 1.70m tall, what do you think his ideal weight be around? i think everyone should be 80kgs and above!

YES!

8. Which local or foreign bodybuilder do you admire? bo dixon, beef4beef, local bodybuilders, wai teck i guess, he's huge, jonas too.

Blush! I think you need to remove me, not on the same league as the rest.

10. Are you lifting because it gets you more bedtime partners? dun seem to be getting more, :P but mostly workout to hit personal goals. :)

Maybe its the chicken rice. JK!

hehe..u think i eat too much huh? :P

anyway, dun think u're in the same league as the rest i've mentioned, but i dun necessarily have to only admire one particular build right?

@GM: we'll wrestle if u let the winner do whatever he wants with you. :P

I'd be broke if I ate like you do! Haha!

You are too nice.

I agree with you ... GM doesn't have to be the judge. He can play too.

Sorry, judge don't get involved.

Will let u guys hv the fun.

What I can do it to be the videographer or photographer to record the wrestling event and post activities. :P

No need a judge then.

Just a referee!

No video recording please! I don't wanna be in-famous!

Edited by beef4beef

where do you guys gym at?

i'm 24 178 114 chn. just started gymming again. its great to be lifting again. =D

Welcome to the thread big boy. Not too many huge muscle boys here weighing in at 114kg so this is a nice surprise :thumb:

Cali when I'm in SG. How about you?

Utopean - you've got competition! Haha ... just kidding! :lol:

Edited by beef4beef

Welcome to the thread big boy. Not too many huge muscle boys here weighing in at 114kg so this is a nice surprise :thumb:

Cali when I'm in SG. How about you?

Utopean - you've got competition! Haha ... just kidding! :lol:

I'm at Fitness First. ha.

nah, doubt i'll be anyone's competition.. yet. :whistle:

since march, when i joined, the thing that kept me going was the little progress that i saw every time i went. ha.. i went from 38% fat to 28% in a month! (is that normal? i was very shocked when i first saw the results).

since march, when i joined, the thing that kept me going was the little progress that i saw every time i went. ha.. i went from 38% fat to 28% in a month! (is that normal? i was very shocked when i first saw the results).

@Just_me22: that's a nice % fat loss! it gets harder though, i lost about 10% after my 1st 3 months of training, then stagnant and went up and down. so Jiayou and continue to work hard. good thing is although I am still huge, (114kgs too!), don't look at fat as last time. :) You will see progress in body shape and strength!

@Beef: don't mind competition, there aint many big guys ard here. As i said, everyone should be 80kgs and above. hahaha

Have you seen 'The Biggest Loser'? When you do, you'll be saying 38 to 28 is normal.

Initial results are usually dramatic, its the last 10-20kg that will kill your patience .... same thing for those trying to gain muscle. There are the exceptional individuals that just have the god given genetics to morph into whatever they like! Hate them! Haha .... jk!

Must gather all the big muscle guys out one of these days and have a wrestling match or maybe an oiling session in swim wear.

Those I have in mind are : Beef4Beef, Retri, Utopaen, Just_me22, TheVisitors, Gymbod74.

Hmmm..... I didn't know you had a wrestling orgy fetish ... hmmm..... you learn something everyday :whistle:

Edited by beef4beef

Must gather all the big muscle guys out one of these days and have a wrestling match or maybe an oiling session in swim wear.

Those I have in mind are : Beef4Beef, Retri, Utopaen, Just_me22, TheVisitors, Gymbod74.

Don't get me involve in one of your sexual fantasty GM !!!

I rather have sex or orgy than stuck in some unfulfilled fantasty .

Or would you want me to have a private one to one, wrestling match,or oiling session ....with you ? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.