Male HQ

Discussion on Muscle Building, Weight Lost, Weight Gain, Gym Workout

Guest Advice, pls

generally save your energy for workouts that use more muscle groups e.g. bench presses, squats etc. cos they r more effective in building muscles overall.

leave lesser exercises concentrating on certain body parts e.g. bicep curls or tricep extensions towards the end of the work out

Guest gorgeous

Hmm... Your workout sounds kinda relaxed to me. :)

This was my workout-structure when I was conditioning myself.

Day 1: Chest, Biceps, Triceps, Abs

Day 2: Break

Day 3: Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, Abs

Day 4: Break

Day 5: Legs, Biceps, Triceps, Abs

Day 6: Break

Day 7: Run/Jog

But, if you are done with the conditioning, you can afford to work on all the muscle-groups in a single-workout. Of course, try not to push yourself too hard. :)

Thanks for sharing your work out regime , May i ask ?

How to get rid of excess fats (flabby skin) after weight loss ?

Pls advise ;o)

Thanks for sharing your work out regime , May i ask ?

How to get rid of excess fats (flabby skin) after weight loss ?

Pls advise ;o)

No problems. :)

Hmm... I have the same problem too. However, you can bulk up and fill out those cleared-space with muscle instead of going for the toned look. That one should be easier.

Else, I can't think of any other of getting rid of the loose skin other than skin-tightening or liposuction. The latter may not be a good idea, I heard...

Love me for a Reason, Let the Reason be Love. (from 'Love Me For A Reason', Boyzone)

Guest gorgeous

No problems. :)

Hmm... I have the same problem too. However, you can bulk up and fill out those cleared-space with muscle instead of going for the toned look. That one should be easier.

Else, I can't think of any other of getting rid of the loose skin other than skin-tightening or liposuction. The latter may not be a good idea, I heard...

Thanks bro, i will toned up my muscles by doing weights ;o) .. while continue with my cardio exercises.

you think 3 to 6 months , good enough time ?

Only gorgeous here ;o)

Guest gunny

And let's say im going to train chest and triceps together, is it better to complete chest workouts first then move to triceps, or do 1 set of chest, then one set of triceps, then one set of chest again and one set of triceps and so on?

anyone able to advise on this?

Thanks bro, i will toned up my muscles by doing weights ;o) .. while continue with my cardio exercises.

you think 3 to 6 months , good enough time ?

Only gorgeous here ;o)

3 months may be too optimistic. 6 months sounds more reasonable. But then again, don't put pressure on yourself. A bit of slack skin isn't too bad. :)

anyone able to advise on this?

Hi gunny. Actually, I replied you. Both methods of exercise are fine, but circuit-training would give you a more intense workout. Do it sparingly, and know when to stop doing your mini-sets. :)

Love me for a Reason, Let the Reason be Love. (from 'Love Me For A Reason', Boyzone)

Guest BABYDARKBLUE

babyblue... I work out at Bugis lei... How come never see u before...

I haven't been going to Bugis as I don't want to pay ERP. Hahaha! I've been going to True Fitness Parkway more often. :)

Lame excuse ... Jurwest may be cause u r decent guy who never try the steam, if only u check steam room may be u will see him

I got lucky with a date in the Parkway branch about a month ago. Too bad he no longer wants to meet up again, on the pretext of his busy schedule. (although he knows I am busier than I am. Sigh)

Anyway, do be careful. Not everyone who goes to the steamroom (or gyms, for that matter) are gay.

Hi gunny. Actually, I replied you. Both methods of exercise are fine, but circuit-training would give you a more intense workout. Do it sparingly, and know when to stop doing your mini-sets. :)

Blind leading blind? better trust acidtongue who show his siz pack than someone showing "kitty" wow so pussy ....

But for training with Kitty may be u can arrange weekend for "dick" exercise le bet it is the best to do with him

Lame excuse ... Jurwest may be cause u r decent guy who never try the steam, if only u check steam room may be u will see him

Blind leading blind? better trust acidtongue who show his siz pack than someone showing "kitty" wow so pussy ....

But for training with Kitty may be u can arrange weekend for "dick" exercise le bet it is the best to do with him

Whee! BABYDARKBLUE is back! Nice to hear from you again. Didn't get it from your fxxk-buddies last night, so feeling kinda high and dry? Aww... We understand... :P

Get a life, get an account, and quit putting your foot into your mouth after you walk through the sewers barefoot. :D

i just started getting into gymming, need someone to guide me to lose weight and build muscle.

Any advice? or interested in meeting for a gym session?

i just started getting into gymming, need someone to guide me to lose weight and build muscle.

Any advice? or interested in meeting for a gym session?

Hi Tubz,

I'm sure many here will be more than willing to share their experiences and advice.

However, for us to help you'll have to first start off my telling us where you stand right now, by that I mean:

1. Your stats (weight, height, body type, etc)

2. Your routine (number of days you are able to workout, eating, etc)

3. Your goals

"Life it too short to be small"

Hi Tubz,

I'm sure many here will be more than willing to share their experiences and advice.

However, for us to help you'll have to first start off my telling us where you stand right now, by that I mean:

1. Your stats (weight, height, body type, etc)

2. Your routine (number of days you are able to workout, eating, etc)

3. Your goals

Thx for ur reply beef4beef.

I'm currently 64kg, 166m, small size.

I want to broaden my shoulders and arms.

I would want to buff up and lose the remaining tummy and get abs.

now i'm having holidays, so i'm able to work out almost anyday.

I'm eating normal meals at normal timings.

Trying to eat lesser though.

Do advice, or if possible meet up to train tgt?

TY beef4beef

Thx for ur reply beef4beef.

I'm currently 64kg, 166m, small size.

I want to broaden my shoulders and arms.

I would want to buff up and lose the remaining tummy and get abs.

now i'm having holidays, so i'm able to work out almost anyday.

I'm eating normal meals at normal timings.

Trying to eat lesser though.

Do advice, or if possible meet up to train tgt?

TY beef4beef

Sounds like you have a great start. Time is one of the most important component, so that you can lift regularly and rest enough.

I would recommend this routine for you. Try it out for at least about 3 months BEFORE you expect any results that will stay. Bodybuilding is a life long sport/hobby. If you invest time into it, learn proper lifting techniques and posture, you will be rewarded greatly.

Try this out for a few months before switching to something else. You will expect to switch around as muscles get used to a routine and will make slow if no gains anymore, so learning when and how to switch is a good thing. Each person is different. Learn to feel what's good for you.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dougs-mass-building-routine-for-ectomorphs.html

Let me know if you need more help. Others here will help too but stick to one first. There are hundreds of different routines out there and trying too many will only confuse you.

When starting out stick to basic exercises (don't do fancy stuff). Learn to lift correctly so you won't hurt yourself ie good posture, right stance, support, no rocking, isolating, etc (you'll need to do research and read up), watch how others lift (from the good ones), and most of all be patient so that you'll be in the right frame of mind to concentrate on your workouts (don't get more than 1 lifting partner, don't chat, etc).

Edited by beef4beef

Hey guys, am i doing the right way of bench pressing? :unsure:

Normally when i lower the barbell/dumbbell, i will only lower it down till my arms are in 90 degrees angle. Been doing that since i started gymming last year.

Yesterday while I was focusing on bench press, and trying to concentrate on my breathing and movements of the workout (hand was shivering abit but can still control), one balding uncle with tummy (maybe he had his heydays in bodybuilding :clap: ) suddenly came over and asked if i was doing ok. How am i suppose to answer him?

He then "quickly" supported me from the top and told me in loud voice, lower! lower the bar to your chest! I could only do one then I got to stop. Thank God that was my last set.

So it got me thinking, 90 degrees or all the way down? :ph34r:

Hey guys, am i doing the right way of bench pressing? :unsure:

Normally when i lower the barbell/dumbbell, i will only lower it down till my arms are in 90 degrees angle. Been doing that since i started gymming last year.

Yesterday while I was focusing on bench press, and trying to concentrate on my breathing and movements of the workout (hand was shivering abit but can still control), one balding uncle with tummy (maybe he had his heydays in bodybuilding :clap: ) suddenly came over and asked if i was doing ok. How am i suppose to answer him?

He then "quickly" supported me from the top and told me in loud voice, lower! lower the bar to your chest! I could only do one then I got to stop. Thank God that was my last set.

So it got me thinking, 90 degrees or all the way down? :ph34r:

the barbell should reach just above your chest, with about a fist distance between them.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/barbell-bench-press-medium-grip

The guy you mention sounds freaky. :blink:

the barbell should reach just above your chest, with about a fist distance between them.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/barbell-bench-press-medium-grip

The guy you mention sounds freaky. :blink:

I think you should touch your chest, even the link says so.

"Caution:

If you are new at this exercise, it is advised that you use a spotter. If no spotter is available, then be conservative with the amount of weight used.

Also, beware of letting the bar drift too far forward. You want the bar to touch your middle chest and nowhere else.

Don't bounce the weight off your chest. You should be in full control of the barbell at all times."

but no bouncing off ur chest, be in control. I find that it kind of helps to imagine that you are driving your back into the bench while pressing, but of course should not lift your back lar and then squeezing pecs at theend of the upward movement.

ending at 90 degress is quite stressful for your elbows, i guess maybe the uncle was just trying to help you since u looked like u were in trouble. :)

• 1 month later...

Time and patience are important factors when bodybuilding is concerned.

Many simply want to see results after few sessions and some even gave up quickly.

Below are my answers:

1. How often do you workout? 5 to 6 x a week

2. On the average how long per session do you spend with your workout? 2.5 to 3 hrs

3. Do you do a short warm up cardio session (10-20mins) before you start lifting or you just go for the weights! About 3 mins of stretching

4. Do you warm down with cardio again after your workout? Not really

5. How many meals to you eat a day and what is your typical diet? 3-4 meals.

6. Do you take supplements and if you do, which ones? Amino acid, creatine and other stuffs

7. If a person was 1.70m tall, what do you think his ideal weight be around? 70 to 75 kg

8. Which local or foreign bodybuilder do you admire? none

9. When did you start lifting seriously (regularly)? >10 yrs

10. Are you lifting because it gets you more bedtime partners? HAHA...Not exactly but it helps.

Edited by thaiboyz

@Bottomup:

Are you who I think you are? my gym partner?

Benchpress (1 rep max): about 95kgs

Deadlift (1 rep max): 127kgs

Squats (1 rep max): 90kgs

if you are, then u are reporting wrong weights for your Benchpress and Deadlift. :P

You should pvt him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had successfully lost my weight from 89kg to 83kg and had started going back to gym regularly and also swimming.

I was considering building up my upper body; chest, arms and back and taking Whey protein. Any pointers for the correct and effective ways of taking Whey Protein beside what was mentioned in the information package and the internet?

When i was training hard to mass up, what i did was

1 in the morning,

1 before workout,

1 after workout and

1 before bedtime.

i hope you find this info useful.

I had successfully lost my weight from 89kg to 83kg and had started going back to gym regularly and also swimming.

I was considering building up my upper body; chest, arms and back and taking Whey protein. Any pointers for the correct and effective ways of taking Whey Protein beside what was mentioned in the information package and the internet?

learn to see the sparkle in others. not just the flaw.

When i was training hard to mass up, what i did was

1 in the morning,

1 before workout,

1 after workout and

1 before bedtime.

i hope you find this info useful.

Thanks. I was told that I should only take when I am working out regularly if not, I should not take it as it will make me put on weight. Any truth to that?

Thanks. I was told that I should only take when I am working out regularly if not, I should not take it as it will make me put on weight. Any truth to that?

If you are seriously training hard, your muscules need to recover & grow, so more whey protein intake will help. Another way is to do a high protein diet with your daily food intake, e.g. more egg whites and lean meat, of course dont neglect your vege & fruits intake also.

It all depends on you - you wan to bulk up in size ? or be muscule lean? then you have to tailor your own diet & training routines.

Enjoy and have fun with your workout. Good luck!

learn to see the sparkle in others. not just the flaw.

Do you guys always feel hungry when going for cutting phase? Starving needed?

Nope. Just eat smaller meals more frequently. First few days will be more challenging as you will feel hungry constantly. However once the body gets adjusted, you find that it gets easier. Drink lots of water help. The only full meal I have during those period is after working out. Other than that, I just break every meal into 2, versus eating the whole meal at once. No starving required. The goal is to keep the body working constantly.

Love. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I did some research and find out the there are actually two main kind of body fats, the subcutaneous fats (soft and flabby kind) and visceral fats (fats that surrounds your organs which pushes the organs against the stomach) or widly known as pot or beer belly.

I belongs the the latter catogory and I didn't like it as my stomach is hard and not nice to grab :P. Would like to know how to gain more subcutaneous fats instead. Think more chasers prefers soft chubs..haha

if ur gene is born to be thin, very difficult to put on weight. Unless u have to go tru lots of effort, like eating supplement, weight training and eating the correct amt of food. After which still must continue to maintain to keep the stable, not an easy task.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.