Male HQ

Discussion on Muscle Building, Weight Lost, Weight Gain, Gym Workout

Guest Advice, pls

Guest grubear's fan

Do you guys always feel hungry when going for cutting phase? Starving needed?

For cutting phase, the caloric intake have to be negative wrt the exercise expenditure preferably a combination of High intensity Cardio(aerobic) and low intensity Anaerobic(so that the muscle cells are not converted into energy).

As for selection of food it is always better to choose food that filling and are thermic in nature like boiled eggs white, broccoli, cauliflower and oats.

Guest Fitflex

Hi guys,

I'm 1.62, currently 56.5kg.

My goal is to look lean and muscular and to fit my size 15.5 shirts fully.

Best parts of physique are my pecs and lats.

anyway, I had 2 shots of Deca 300 and started growing. I think I just need to know a proper gym regime.

I'm a ectomorph though not the skinny sort.

Actor Chris Hemsworth played Thor, the new Marvel movie due for release next year.

He also did a great job playing Captain Geroge Kirk (James Kirk's father) in the 2009 Star Trek. Although he was short lived as Captain.

Google "Chris Hemsworth" and look how much muscle he gained from George Kirk to Thor!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Chris-Hemsworth-Workout

Edited by beef4beef

"Life it too short to be small"

hi Gm,

i skip breakfast and sometimes lunch due to my work and just take dinner...i gain a lot of weight when there period of times i work in office but now i been skipping meals but still same weight...i stop sugar and soft drinks already and drink more plain ice water only where ever i go...

Hi manlybigsize, one does not decrease weight by skipping meals. That is precisely what caused anorexia to slim-figure-obsessed women. Do not fall into this trap. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it should have a high content of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals.

You said you stopped sugar, but if you don't cut on your rice/noodles/flour-made foods intake, you are still taking sugar. And don't drink too much plain ice water, it will hurt your kidneys. Do some workouts to burn the calories. If you happen to drink caffeine-containing drinks (coffee or red tea), limit to one or two cups a day is enough as it drains water and B vitamins.

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

• 1 month later...

1. How often do you workout? 2x a week + 1x swimming

2. On the average how long per session do you spend with your workout? 1 hour

3. Do you do a short warm up cardio session (10-20mins) before you start lifting or you just go for the weights! I go on the treadmill first

4. Do you warm down with cardio again after your workout? No

5. How many meals to you eat a day and what is your typical diet? 3 main meals but sometimes snack in-between (I have a lust for food :P). Lots of vegetables and some form of protein and fat, from beancurd, eggs or meat

6. Do you take supplements and if you do, which ones? Yes. NUTRILITE Protein and Double X Multivitamin/Multimineral/Plant Concentrates

7. If a person was 1.70m tall, what do you think his ideal weight be around? No idea

8. Which local or foreign bodybuilder do you admire? Any man with a nice-looking muscular bod (not too bulky though) has my admiration :D

9. When did you start lifting seriously (regularly)? Nov 2010

10. Are you lifting because it gets you more bedtime partners? No. I juz wanna look good myself in the mirror. Yeah, I know I'm vain. :lol:

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

1. How often do you workout? 4-5x per week. (cardio 2x, Weights 3x, Yoga 1x)

2. On the average how long per session do you spend with your workout? 1.15 +/-

3. Do you do a short warm up cardio session (10-20mins) before you start lifting or you just go for the weights! I spin for 15 minutes or do abs.

4. Do you warm down with cardio again after your workout? No, I prefer to stretch or do basic yoga.

5. How many meals to you eat a day and what is your typical diet?

4 -5 meals a day. Eggs or high-protein cereal for breakfast, lunch usually some meat with steam veggies. Dinner is mainly vegetarian (tofu for protein) and I do juices in-between- i.e. Apples etc.

6. Do you take supplements and if you do, which ones? Yes. BCCAs, Creatine, Carni, ZMA etc.

7. If a person was 1.70m tall, what do you think his ideal weight be around? No idea

8. Which local or foreign bodybuilder do you admire?

Stan McQuay.

9. When did you start lifting seriously (regularly)? 2003

10. Are you lifting because it gets you more bedtime partners? Yes. :)

Love. 

• 2 months later...
Guest idiot

I m slim,40 170 55,wanna gain more weight,is there any chance?i try GNC weight gainer,seems not much help,i do work out 2 to 3 time a week,anybody can help?pls...

Eat all junk food, potato chip, chocolate, laksa, prata, buffet.

You will be a ^(oo)^ in no time!

not only will he become fat, he will also die from all the fats and carbs he is eating!!!

you wan him to commit carbicide!??! :wacko:

the key is to eat non stop, as in not eat buffets every meal and die from eating but, dun let your stomach be empty... eat more protein, healthy carbs, yada-yada...

As for me, im only interested to find out how to gain weight on my arms and legs. I'm currently stuck in such a situation that I want to lose weight to shed some tummy flab and I want to gain weight as overall im a skinny person.

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

Can you explain what you meant by "results not so good"? Did you see muscles, bulk, or definition? Cannot be nothing at all after 2 years and spending all those money on soybeans powder rite? Maybe you need some young juices as supplements? :thumb:

3 hours is too much?!

Will you be my valentine's? :D

The followings had helped me:

1. discipline

2. persistence

3. train regularly - all body parts

4. eat healthy & nuturious foods - it helps your muscules to grow & recover

5. vary your routines

6. prepare to train hard, sweat-it-out & pains

7. balance lifestyle - work (job), training (gym) & play (sex?)

8. sufficient rest

Enjoy and have fun with your workout!

learn to see the sparkle in others. not just the flaw.

Guest alien

I think if u are skinny, not easy to gain muscule. The only way to gain muscle is to gain weight first, then can build up the mass. But sometimes also depends in your gene, if u are born to be thin, not easy to gain weight no matter how much u eat.

Guest alien

I recently noticed that some guys have fabulous bods after 1yr or so of training. I found out that they took steroid.

Usually u need to take "something" to make your muscle grow big and fast.

I know this topic is pretty much over discuss but just thought of bringing it up again...

i've noticed that in our asian culture, not many gay guys are familiar with this...

it's interesting to note that most guys are just up for a quick fxxk and that's pretty much it...

i remembered those days when i was a young boy, i used to admire guys with muscles and am just fascinated by how they look or feel...

and that's the main reason that drove me to accepting my homosexuality...

i guess i'm not ashamed in admitting i appreciate male beauty...

as how straight guys appreciate the female anatomy...

i can only imagine the work and effort hunks put into the gym in building and sculpting their bodies and wonder if it's frustrating that no one else appreciate it...

I for one am a huge fan of foreplay and teasing, to me that's the best part...

so the question is this...

what's the point of building muscles when all anyone cares is the content of the pants...

therefore would gym buffs prefer muscle worship or dick worship pre say?

Guest Ironrod

TS, statement "i can only imagine the work and effort hunks put into the gym in building and sculpting their bodies and wonder if it's frustrating that no one else appreciate it..." really puzzles me.

It was my str8 friends which got my interest in gymming and most of the real serious body builders I know are str8.

Body Building is different from our common gymming because it really requires strict diet and serious time spend in gym. Most ppl I know whom are into building and sculpting their bodies from what I know it's not to be worship instead most guys view it as an competition - like I want to be bigger then u, I want to be tougher then u type of mindset. Only when I came into the gay world I realize ppl actually have the mindset of "like to be worship" or "why train so hard if I am not going to show it off" - to me is a very warp idea.

It seems gay guys really think different from a str8 guy? So do you guys really gym hard to be worship?

I think there are many reason ple took up body building . I as a gay man have been bodybuilding only because i want to attract the same sex. Especially others guys that have muscular body as well. Just a quick shout out to other like minded gay body builders. I gym 5 times a week at bukit batok east CC gym .

@Curiousdancer - I agree it seems that muscle worship is not a common fetish here. However, I'm not sure if it's any different in other countries/cultures?

I'm like you, and I also am much more interested in the foreplay aspect, the teasing, the mind games. Perhaps, like a friend once told me, sex for you is intellectual. The solid, beautifully sculpted muscles represent power, determination and discipline etc, and the playing/appreciating of them is a "mental" stimulation. If you throw in the role-play aspect as well, I think it's definitely a niche area that one appeals to certain guys.

@ironrod - I agree with John that there are many different reasons why guys take to gymming/bodybuilding. Out of all the guys that enjoy being the objects of worship, maybe only some of them are actually muscular? And these muscular ones might not gym only for that sole reason what, they may other reasons similar to the str8 guys too, and enjoying being worshipped is just one extra bonus to them :whistle:

what's the point of building muscles when all anyone cares is the content of the pants...

therefore would gym buffs prefer muscle worship or dick worship pre say?

I don't. I prefer the overall package of a guy. A dick is a dick. But if you put a dick in the context of the overall body, to me it is much more sexier.

For me personally, I like to start of with body worship and finally end with a dick worship.

I think bodybuilding helps in developing confidence about oneself physically and mentally. To stand up on the stage in almost nothing but a tiny pair of posers takes a lot of guts, plus you got to smile, and let your personality shine through in the free pose... it takes a lot of work.

Love. 

interesting replies...

i guess i'm curious to find out whether bodybuilders, whether straight or gay, have that inner wanting to be worshiped or admired in terms of muscle worship...

well, if the session ends with a really steamy F***ing ending then it would be the perfect sex...

how bout straight bodybuilders?

being on stage with people cheering you for your body is sorta kinda muscle worship already isn't it?

then what differences does it make if letting one muscle fan feel and touch your muscles?

is it weird ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys...

I was wondering if any of you guys have successfully become muscular after being trained for a period of time?

(Well that does not really include those who bulk up during NS. I'm referring to people to have done intensive training outside NS and got bigger)

I just wanna know...

What are your basic routine like in terms of training as well as food intake?

How frequent do you gym (or do other personal training)?

Do you engage in personal trainer?

Thanks guys for your input :)

To get bigger, add on mass, requires 2 approach.

1. Diet. You need to up your daily calorie in-take to bulk up.

2. You need to start lifting more. Initially you may need to cut down on cardio and just lift weights. There are plenty of training tips on YouTube.

As for training, it varies from person to person. I train about 4-5x a week depending, and as summer approaches, I have added a short cardio routine in- spinning, stairmaster, jump rope etc. to get more ripped. Days that i train legs are the days when i do more intensive cardio. I also incorporate yoga about once a week just for flexibility and balance.

It does take time to build up, and if you are on the leaner side, you really have to work on upping the calories.

Good luck.

Love. 

Guest Guest

To get bigger, add on mass, requires 2 approach.

1. Diet. You need to up your daily calorie in-take to bulk up.

2. You need to start lifting more. Initially you may need to cut down on cardio and just lift weights. There are plenty of training tips on YouTube.

As for training, it varies from person to person. I train about 4-5x a week depending, and as summer approaches, I have added a short cardio routine in- spinning, stairmaster, jump rope etc. to get more ripped. Days that i train legs are the days when i do more intensive cardio. I also incorporate yoga about once a week just for flexibility and balance.

It does take time to build up, and if you are on the leaner side, you really have to work on upping the calories.

Good luck.

are you ang moh or chinese?

are you ang moh or chinese?

Haha, I'm Chinese la,

"Well that does not really include those who bulk up during NS. I'm referring to people to have done intensive training outside NS and got bigger"

should give u a clue I'm local? :P

Anyway I'm more to the high metabolism kind of body, so I'm making my stomach grow bigger. :P

Guest Guest

Haha, I'm Chinese la,

"Well that does not really include those who bulk up during NS. I'm referring to people to have done intensive training outside NS and got bigger"

should give u a clue I'm local? :P

Anyway I'm more to the high metabolism kind of body, so I'm making my stomach grow bigger. :P

im asking chelseasian cause his bod look like ang moh bod but saw his profile he is singaporean

im asking chelseasian cause his bod look like ang moh bod but saw his profile he is singaporean

I am Asian... Chinese to be specific.

I pretty much have a low carb/high protein diet and train frequently. Took a couple of years to get to the weight I am now. Nothing to do with race at all. Just exercise and diet. I think will be in much better shape if I quit drinking completely. However, I do prefer to have a life.

Edited by chelseasian

Love. 

Well, I'm somewhere in between skinny and lean, but I can't seem to bulk up. And I have a high metabolism as well, which is hindering me from gaining weight. I eat almost anything.

Try mass gainer type of protein powder.

Also, do more compound big muscle group exercises.

Reduce Cardio Exercises.

Have a sensible bulking diet.

Sleep well.

Well, I'm somewhere in between skinny and lean, but I can't seem to bulk up. And I have a high metabolism as well, which is hindering me from gaining weight. I eat almost anything.

i;m also skinny and lean..lol..haha..eat so much but still lose weight..lol

u guys are so lucky... lol

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

u guys are so lucky... lol

If you're not morbidly obese (to the point where it becomes a health risk), it's still fine. I have friends who are happy people despite how they look y'know. Besides, who really wants to spend half their life underweight (I'm even lighter than most healthy girls my age!), it's really an embarrassment.

Have faith! It took me almost a year to gain more than 10kg....I used to be a skinny 54kg, now I'm a proud and hefty 66kg. No weight-gainers, pounding the weight machines or scary high protein diets....I gained my weight through normal means that are regular meals and exercise. Of course I eat whatever I want, whenever I want, cravings and all. Trust me it works! Patience and believing that you can do it :thumb: and I hope that one day I'll have a wonderful physique like chelseasian....WOOOHOOO!!!

Edited by Avecinfuser

Only to lie like this between the bombs, dreaming away and not alone, because time was very short.

i think its important to know your goals.

if you want to gain weight only, you need to load more calories in your diet and do less cardio. Risk is you might get a tummy (only). Weight gain may not be equally distributed throughout your body.

if you wanna grow muscular, you need to hit the gym, increase load on protein and possibly get help from a good qualified personal trainer (if you can afford it) to teach you the gym routines and stuff. i see many dudes in the gym not knowing what to do, or not doing exercises correctly might injure themselves or not achieve anything at all.

i was skinny (175 54) before and i hired a personal trainer, and loaded my calories and protein. Now i'm having a hard time trimming the fats (175 70) and trying to build more muscles. A good personal trainer will teach you what to do, the correct posture, and intensity of the work out (the list goes on), so if you're really bent on getting a good body, its worth it. ;)

Good luck dude!

If you're not morbidly obese (to the point where it becomes a health risk), it's still fine. I have friends who are happy people despite how they look y'know. Besides, who really wants to spend half their life underweight (I'm even lighter than most healthy girls my age!), it's really an embarrassment.

to be honest, no wants to spend their life overweight too.. it's 2 extremes, but i'd rather eat so much and never gain weight, than to eat so little and still remain fat

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

i think its important to know your goals.

if you want to gain weight only, you need to load more calories in your diet and do less cardio. Risk is you might get a tummy (only). Weight gain may not be equally distributed throughout your body.

if you wanna grow muscular, you need to hit the gym, increase load on protein and possibly get help from a good qualified personal trainer (if you can afford it) to teach you the gym routines and stuff. i see many dudes in the gym not knowing what to do, or not doing exercises correctly might injure themselves or not achieve anything at all.

i was skinny (175 54) before and i hired a personal trainer, and loaded my calories and protein. Now i'm having a hard time trimming the fats (175 70) and trying to build more muscles. A good personal trainer will teach you what to do, the correct posture, and intensity of the work out (the list goes on), so if you're really bent on getting a good body, its worth it. ;)

Good luck dude!

That's scary and surprising to me, because I am indeed; 175 54 now.

to be honest, no wants to spend their life overweight too.. it's 2 extremes, but i'd rather eat so much and never gain weight, than to eat so little and still remain fat

Yeah two extremes, I suppose the previous is a blessing in disguise. Someone told me metabolism will decrease with age anyway.

Guest Guest

Can tell me how u gain weight?me 40 170 54...i try many way also cannot gain weight leh...if i always sleep late,is it a cause too..?or maybe my age problem..?

Have faith! It took me almost a year to gain more than 10kg....I used to be a skinny 54kg, now I'm a proud and hefty 66kg. No weight-gainers, pounding the weight machines or scary high protein diets....I gained my weight through normal means that are regular meals and exercise. Of course I eat whatever I want, whenever I want, cravings and all. Trust me it works! Patience and believing that you can do it :thumb: and I hope that one day I'll have a wonderful physique like chelseasian....WOOOHOOO!!!

Guest alien

U gained 10kg w/o any aid from weight-gainers and protein diets?! So why types of exercise you do, also wht meals u eat?

Heard so much if skinny guy wants to gain weight/mass, he has to reduce or stop cardio exercises! I guess running is quite a bad cardio exercise if u want to gain weight, true?

Can tell me how u gain weight?me 40 170 54...i try many way also cannot gain weight leh...if i always sleep late,is it a cause too..?

I don't think age is a problem cos according to many websites, some guys who are in their 60s can also train themselves to be muscular.

What I know from many of these websites is that you need at least 8-10 hours of sleep before any muscle cells can grow (better?) (So, it doesn't really matter what time we sleep as long as we clock the hours? true? But then, it's of course better to sleep early...)

I don't know if this is allowed, but I have 2 websites that I'd like to share for those who're skinny like me and wants to gain weight too. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VinceDelMonte

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScottHermanFitness

Anymore inputs are definitely welcomed :)

Edited by sum1outhere_03

U gained 10kg w/o any aid from weight-gainers and protein diets?! So why types of exercise you do, also wht meals u eat?

Heard so much if skinny guy wants to gain weight/mass, he has to reduce or stop cardio exercises! I guess running is quite a bad cardio exercise if u want to gain weight, true?

I think as a person grows old, their metabolism slows down. When I was younger I couldn't gain weight, but then I never really tried very hard. I simply hate running or any form of rigorous exercise. My fittest period was when I was in the army and during that time I was maybe heaviest at 56kg. My job and laziness resulted in me losing more weight (stress!!!). And so it was only last year June that I started to notice that I'm putting on weight again. Now I work out everyday to keep the tummy away. 200 reps push up, 300 reps dumb bell, 40 reps sit up....everyday without fail. I used to despise working up a sweat, now I'm addicted to it. If I go one day without working out, I feel funny. Now my weight has steadied, it's getting very hard to put on more weight after I hit 65kg. It took me more than 3 months just to put on one extra kg. I still eat 3 square meals a day plus in between snacks when I'm hungry or have the craving.

Only to lie like this between the bombs, dreaming away and not alone, because time was very short.

Can tell me how u gain weight?me 40 170 54...i try many way also cannot gain weight leh...if i always sleep late,is it a cause too..?or maybe my age problem..?

You really need to EXERCISE to gain the weight. Go to the gym or maybe buy weights and work out at home. I sleep 7-8 hours every night. You are 40 and I'm 38, no much age difference there, so if I can do it....so can you!!! :-) 加油!!!

Guest Guest

You really need to EXERCISE to gain the weight. Go to the gym or maybe buy weights and work out at home. I sleep 7-8 hours every night. You are 40 and I'm 38, no much age difference there, so if I can do it....so can you!!! :-) 加油!!!

Thanks for ur reply...i do gym 2 to 3 times a week...n i take GNC weight gainer also...take abt 2 year liao...but no result leh...maybe i m more to slim type,no matter how i try also cannot gain weight ...maybe i should consider give up liao...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.