Male HQ

Types Of Swim Wear Allowed In Public Pools + Is Tongs Or Low Cut Wears Allowed? + Appropriate Swimming Trunks

Guest swimbtm

My friend and I went to Tanjong Katong Swimming pool and saw this big muscular yet chubby guy in a pair of bright yellow thong. Looks pretty funny because he is so big and the thong is so small. It's quite a sight to behold. And that's not all, he was dipping in the pool making various poses. Very the funny.

Guest guest

My friend and I went to Tanjong Katong Swimming pool and saw this big muscular yet chubby guy in a pair of bright yellow thong. Looks pretty funny because he is so big and the thong is so small. It's quite a sight to behold. And that's not all, he was dipping in the pool making various poses. Very the funny.

is tanjong katong swimming pools still cruisy ?

to the best of my knowledge, there is no law stated that you cannot use thong in public swimming pool, so you can pick any pool you fancy.

But do note that there are plenty over-zealous moralists that will not hesitate to take and post your pictures onto stomp or other forum (though taking photo in pool is not allowed)

so you might be better off finding quiet pool with less family, katong pool is a good choice.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Guest

to the best of my knowledge, there is no law stated that you cannot use thong in public swimming pool, so you can pick any pool you fancy.

There might be no law but at Delta, just before you enter the mens changing room, there is a "sign" with pictures of swim gear that is not allowed and one of them is a thong. I cant remember what the others are but they were along the same lines, skimpy gear. So, keep your eyes open for what is and what is not allowed - might be different from pool to pool. It would be highly embarassing to get pulled up and asked to put on something that covers more :).

My friend and I went to Tanjong Katong Swimming pool and saw this big muscular yet chubby guy in a pair of bright yellow thong. Looks pretty funny because he is so big and the thong is so small. It's quite a sight to behold. And that's not all, he was dipping in the pool making various poses. Very the funny.

I know who you are referring to... hahahahaha... He is a regular there, but he is harmless.

i guessed it is not about whether there is a laws or not against thongs. rather, we cannot assume everyone has the same level of comfort with regards seeing people in as much/ as little clothing. given that it is a public pool, the general guideline is to be covered sufficiently such that it does not cause embarrassment to the general people. in addition, there had been occasions where people use the pool without proper thoughts about hygiene. they jump into pools in their underwears and even wet sweaty running shorts. so some pools have taken the additional initiative place pictures of some attire that they deemed should not be worn in the spirit of allowing everyone enoy themselves without being embarrassed and at the same time keeping the pool clean.

so, my answer is - no, there is no laws/ rules against the use of thongs. in pools that have placed photos specifically about what not to wear, it is best to observe the guideline. these pools tend to be very crowded usually (eg delta and yck pool). but in pools that are relatively large and where crowd tend to congregate at specific areas, i generally do not see such pictures posted (eg katong pool). in such pools, if u want to wear thongs, do so discreetly without causing people to be embarrassed. in katong pool, i have seen people tanning in their thongs (the yellow chub is an excellent example), people even pulling their trunks down till where their c**k sticks out of their body or even people not tanning but jhust sitting at a corner in their towel with nothing inside (people who go there often should know who i am referring to). but they do so rather discreetly and at a corner where people could not see and where they can cover up when they see people approaching within observable distance.

• 4 weeks later...

There might be no law but at Delta, just before you enter the mens changing room, there is a "sign" with pictures of swim gear that is not allowed and one of them is a thong. I cant remember what the others are but they were along the same lines, skimpy gear. So, keep your eyes open for what is and what is not allowed - might be different from pool to pool. It would be highly embarassing to get pulled up and asked to put on something that covers more :).

In response to this .. long ago(at least 5 or 6 years) when the signs were not there yet. I have witnessed one guy who were asked to leave the pool before because one of the parents of the child complained. He had decent physique and had a thong and doing nothing lewd .. he was just tanning as far as I can see. (Maybe he go and wink at the auntie/uncle i dunno la .. I was too far to see)

• 1 year later...
Guest RIOluver

What about places like bt batok, clementi swim pool? Are RIO swimwear allow there?

RIO = brazilian cut type of swimwear, side is thin (~ 1cm or less) and back is only 3/4 coverage of the butt as compared to those normal USA/European type which are full coverage.

Guest Skinz

What about places like bt batok, clementi swim pool? Are RIO swimwear allow there?

RIO = brazilian cut type of swimwear, side is thin (~ 1cm or less) and back is only 3/4 coverage of the butt as compared to those normal USA/European type which are full coverage.

RIO tanned is gorgeously awesome...

SKINZ swimwear is RIO cutting type....

I have seen a guy who tanned in RIO lime green and black at bt batok pool before.

though he look slim, he had defined shape.. and i followed him to the shower room after he finished his tanning under the hot scorning sun.

WOW .. really fantastic tanned line which you will never imagine that.

Really damn solid and if you are a distance from him, you will think that he is wearing a pair of white underwear... looks hot

YEs i used to hv RIO tanned line on my body in 2009 but somehow, i was told not allowed to wear those RIO swimwear, so now my tanned line is back to those boring normal swimwear type :blink::(

I Love staring at guys' bulges & ass cracks in their undies or nylon shorts or biz pants or jeans... Will start to fantasise I am caressing them with my hardon rite inside my undies... Do you ?

RIO tanned is gorgeously awesome...

SKINZ swimwear is RIO cutting type....

I have seen a guy who tanned in RIO lime green and black at bt batok pool before.

though he look slim, he had defined shape.. and i followed him to the shower room after he finished his tanning under the hot scorning sun.

WOW .. really fantastic tanned line which you will never imagine that.

Really damn solid and if you are a distance from him, you will think that he is wearing a pair of white underwear... looks hot

Didn't know skinz got swimwear...

• 2 months later...
Guest SwimTrunk

Hi,

Would like to know what are the types of swim wear allowed in public pools other than those classic type where the side is 2" and back full coverage of the butt.

Are the following allowed in public pools:

1) Side is 1" or less and back is 3/4 or 1/2 coverage of the butt area;

2) thongs

3) gstrings

In singapore... you can FORGET about wearing thongs or gstrings to public pools....

As for Number 1, used to be allowed but not now....

I Love staring at guys' bulges & ass cracks in their undies or nylon shorts or biz pants or jeans... Will start to fantasise I am caressing them with my hardon rite inside my undies... Do you ?

• 6 months later...

Delta SC has banned thongs, g-strings and translucent swimwear for pool users.

Do they allow people to wear extra low cut swimwear like those we can buy at SMA?

Would like to go with revealing swimwear, evenings mostly to avoid family crowds.

Has anyone tried before?

I would say stay away from public pool, or at least pick one that's less crowded.

If you need to do so in your thongs/ G-strings etc, try the beaches. (Sentosa beaches during the weekday tend to be quite quiet)

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

I used to tan in Joe Snyder swimwear at Tampines pool's tanning deck. Kinda skimpy and bulge revealing if u ask me.... :P

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

In response to this .. long ago(at least 5 or 6 years) when the signs were not there yet. I have witnessed one guy who were asked to leave the pool before because one of the parents of the child complained. He had decent physique and had a thong and doing nothing lewd .. he was just tanning as far as I can see. (Maybe he go and wink at the auntie/uncle i dunno la .. I was too far to see)

Moralists who do not like to see thongs should be the ones asked to leave. As long as the guy's penis is covered and the women's nipples and crotch covered, then everything else is open game. Have you guys seen those FHM covers propped up on petrol kiosks magazine stands? That can be argued as being lurid. But like I say, as long as the model's nipples are not shown, then the boundaries of "decency" has not been breached. Remember that the swimming pool is where swimming trunks are worn. If you are uncomfortable with human nudity, then why are you there? The kids wouldn't know what to make of it UNLESS the parents throw a fit. So what's normal now becomes controversial. Remember, we all come to this world naked. Wearing clothese can easily be argued as being "unnatural". This isn't the last century. Let's move forward, NOT backwards.

• 1 month later...

Why not allowed? lifeguard stopped u?

YEs i used to hv RIO tanned line on my body in 2009 but somehow, i was told not allowed to wear those RIO swimwear, so now my tanned line is back to those boring normal swimwear type blink.gifsad.gif

Shop ON-US - Sexy Underwear, Swim Trunks, Tank Top, V-Neck Shirts 
http://shop.on-us.net

Now a retail shop in HONG KONG

Guest condylar

Moralists who do not like to see thongs should be the ones asked to leave. As long as the guy's penis is covered and the women's nipples and crotch covered, then everything else is open game. Have you guys seen those FHM covers propped up on petrol kiosks magazine stands? That can be argued as being lurid. But like I say, as long as the model's nipples are not shown, then the boundaries of "decency" has not been breached. Remember that the swimming pool is where swimming trunks are worn. If you are uncomfortable with human nudity, then why are you there? The kids wouldn't know what to make of it UNLESS the parents throw a fit. So what's normal now becomes controversial. Remember, we all come to this world naked. Wearing clothese can easily be argued as being "unnatural". This isn't the last century. Let's move forward, NOT backwards.

We come to this world naked so wearing clothes become unnatural? What logic is this? Why don't you go to work naked tomorrow? You wanna wear revealing thongs for tanning, sure, do it at your private pool. Public pool is public for a reason, other AJs may like to see your bulge, ass crack or whatever crap but that doesn't mean the rest of the pool patrons share the same interest.Might as well argue that girls should be allowed to wear bra for swimming since the nipples are covered.

Guest Alibaba

We come to this world naked so wearing clothes become unnatural? What logic is this? Why don't you go to work naked tomorrow? You

wanna wear revealing thongs for tanning, sure, do it at your private pool. Public pool is public for a reason, other AJs may like to see your bulge, ass crack or whatever crap but that doesn't mean the rest of the pool patrons share the same interest.Might as well argue that girls should be allowed to wear bra for swimming since the nipples are covered.

Fully agree with you. You may think you are sexy wearing these skimpy swimwear, but most public pool users will find you gross and disgusting. Some people need to break away from self centered individualistic behavior and have a basic sense of public consciousness.

Guest Uncle

Who cares what others think? Just wear what you think you look good in, as long as it's not illegal. Those who always do things or avoid doing things for fear of how others look at them are just pathetic, sad closet cases.

Guest Lam KK

It is good that we wear a swim wear suitable for swimming or tanning at the public pool. Fashionable type of swim wear is not for swimming and not for the pool. Proper swim wear (arena, speedo, tyr, etc) for swimming helps in speed and provides reasonable support for our genitals. If you wear those very skimpy or very revealing type of swim wear in public pool, then u will look gross and become an eye sore or a laughing stock, worse still if u display mannerism & behaviours of macho mary or ah kua.

Guest Guest

The skimpier, the better it is for me. Anyway, who is to judge what is "proper"?? Let's not be so judgemental and kaypoh about what other people wear and do. It is precisely for this kind of judgemental attitude that sustains prejudice and conformity within societies.

I believed the following rules from the Singapore sport Council will dispel any arguments on what is appropriate in Singapore's public swimming pool.
=======================

http://www.singaporeswimming.com.sg/rules-and-regulations

Swimming Pool Rules & Regulations
Admission statics.0.gif
1) Admission fees must be paid before entry and is non-refundable in any circumstances.

Safety & Security statics.0.gif
1) Children under 6 years of age must be accompanied by an adult who shall be responsible for the children's safety within the Swimming Complex.

2) In the interests of health and safety concerns, persons who are feeling unwell or recovering from illness are to refrain from swimming and other physical activities. Persons with the following health conditions are not allowed in the pool:Open wounds

• Skin irritations/diseases
  • Communicable ailments/diseases

3) Appropriate swimming attire is required for personal safety and modesty, and to safeguard the Council's property. The following pool attires are inappropriate:Street wear

• Attire with hard / metal objects
  • Translucent material
  • Non Colourfast material
  • Shorts without inner liner
  • Undergarment
  • G-String
  • Diapers

4) Swimming equipment and any other devices that affect patrons' safety or cause property damage are not allowed in the pool, including:Inflatable giant floats

• Rubber rafts
  • Flippers
  • Snorkel and mask
  • Hand paddle

5) In the interests of safety, the following activities are not allowed in the Swimming Complex:

• Diving
  • Running
  • Horseplay
  • Wrestling
  • Dunking
  • Pushing

6) Any person under the influence of drugs and alcohol is not allowed in the Swimming Complex.

7) In the event of lightning, thunder or other hazardous condition, all persons are required to leave the open area immediately. The Council will temporarily deny further admission.

8) For safety concerns, the Council will temporarily deny further admission in the event of overcrowding.

9) All belongings in the locker must be removed by the closing time of the Swimming Complex. Items left overnight will be removed by the Council without compensation.

Prohibition statics.0.gif
1) No food or drinks are allowed in the pool and at the pool deck.

2) No photo-taking and filming are permitted unless written approval is given by the Council. See below** for more information.

3) No pets are allowed in the Swimming Complex.

4) Non-NROC and SI registered instructors are not allowed to conduct coaching in the Swimming Complex.

(**Photo-taking and filming at the Council's facilities are allowed if:

a) The public seeks prior written approval from the Council's staff
b) It is used for non-commercial purpose
c) There is no infringement to other users' privacy
d) Photo-taking and filming are strictly prohibited in the toilets, changing rooms and restricted areas
e) For commercial purpose (for such purpose, the person will need to seek written permission from the Council and a fee will be imposed))

The Rules stated in the Rules and Regulations Boards and the SSC Hiring of Sports Facilities Regulations are for benefit the public in general and are never exhaustive. In the event of dispute, the decision of the Council is final.

Edited by G_M

• 5 months later...

3) Appropriate swimming attire is required for personal safety and modesty, and to safeguard the Council's property. The following pool attires are inappropriate:Street wear

• Attire with hard / metal objects
  • Translucent material
  • Non Colourfast material
  • Shorts without inner liner
  • Undergarment
  • G-String
  • Diapers

LOL, I can't believe they found it necessary to state that diapers are inappropriate to be worn in a public pool!!!

HAHAHAHA

recently i brought Waveline brand swimming trunk...abit skimpy but i dont categorise it as bikini truck.

came w inner liner but still can see shape of mushroom head if i have a slight erection.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Haiz....

:(
Damn I am ask not to wear. 

The swim pool IC say the girls not comfortable with me in thongs swimwear.  
But i tell him off your swim pool rules never mention cannot. 

• 10 months later...

:(

Damn I am ask not to wear.

The swim pool IC say the girls not comfortable with me in thongs swimwear.

But i tell him off your swim pool rules never mention cannot.

Did u wear ur thong and parade around like a peacock?

If u do it discreetly, it should be ok. Seen aj wearing thongs at Several pool but they are very discreet bout it. No issue w lifeguard.

ohhh i once wear a white trunk, you know those "Original" White trunk you can get in BKK

and i wore it at delta pool. i didnt realised my ass area will get translucent after touches water. hahaha my friend was staring im sure of it. but then again nobody stop me or anything. 

Edited by Spencer

I have seen guys in extremely low cut trunks or thongs, which barely covers anything. Haha.

The key word is: be very discreet. Of course, they do it at a corner of the pool / tanning chairs and be wary of the general public. And they will cover up in towel or wear their shorts before moving out of their "safety zone".

• 7 months later...
Guest NikL25

Hi everyone,

Wanted to get your opinion on something. 

I usually do running/jogging for my cardio requirements but of late have been having pain in the knees. A friend said running does cause a moderate amount of tension on the joints and can expedite joint problems. He asked me to switch to something that might be easier on the joints like swimming.

Although I have not swam in a long time, i do still remember to swim. The concern I have is my swimming trunks. The only pair I own is the triangular black briefs type that was issued during NS. I only used it a few times during NS and never really used it after that except maybe a couple of times in friends condo pool. It's still in quite good condition and thought I could use that. My friend told me I was crazy and that I should purchase more appropriate swimming trunks. The longer shorts types or full leg ones. He said even younger guys don't wear that type anymore and a guy who's almost 30 shouldn't be wearing that.

Is this really the case? I mean Im not as lean as I was back in NS. I'm 1.8m, 80kg and of a muscular built and I'm sure the trunks would be more snug but I never thought it would be deemed inappropriate.

Is the NS type of black brief swimming trunks not appropriate for public pools? Is it better to opt for something more conservative? I mean I'm usually not concerned about such things but I know that kids frequent public pools a lot and I don't want to cause any unnecessary drama. 

Any advice would be great as I'm not too familiar with public pools and what could be frowned upon. 

Thanks.

Found this on the ActiveSg website. They stated the appropriate swimwear for men. This is an extract from the website. Hope it helps.

4. Swim Briefs

For men

Men commonly don swim briefs to the pool, which resembles its underwear counterpart. They are the default choice of professional athletes or those serious about using swimming as a form of exercise. 

Other casual swimmers enjoy briefs because of the ease of movement it provides, quick drying time and the convenience of being able to wear them under shorts. 

Jammers are similar to swim briefs and are also often worn in competitions. They provide greater leg coverage though at the cost of having more water resistance.

One advantage that briefs, jammers and other styles that do not cover the arms of the swimmer have is providing greater flexibility to the arm. This is especially important for strokes that require broad arm movement. 

5. Board Shorts
For men

Another popular choice especially among teenage boys and young adults would be board shorts. Board shorts are a lot like longer shorts that extend to the mid-thigh. They have now become a fashion of their own, especially during summer in Western countries. They are an all-purpose swim attire that can be worn casually in and out of the swimming pool but is never worn for swimming competitions.

They are designed to dry quickly and are commonly used in various water sports such as surfing.

Men wear swim trunks at public pools all the time. Unless you feel inhibited, there's no reason why you shouldn't use the SAF-issued ones to swim there. But in the end, it's really a matter of personal preference. Some feel more comfortable in swim wear that reveal less, while others will choose to don something that suits their lifestyle etc.

Yeah .. swim-trunk ( like underwear type) will provide a better attractive tanned line.

Board shorts or longer ones will look ugly if you were to wear a pair of normal running shorts out as the contrast of your thigh and knee-below portion is very obvious unless you only wear pants or sweatpants out.

Personally, I prefers to wear swim-brief (tanga type) .. I feel more confidence in this type of swimming attire. And I love tanga kinda tanned line.. sexy and attractive.

Guest 72%dark

Brief-shaped trunks are definitely ok, and black is not a flashy color, so the NS trunks are certainly modest enough. Just remember that it _should_ fit snugly; too loose and you'll be in danger of flashing someone in the pool while swimming!

But if you feel self-conscious feel free to use a longer style, like the square-cut type. The knee-length jammers started being worn for competitions in recent years because of advances in compression fabrics, but I don't think they're the usual choice for casual swimmers.

• Guest locked this topic