Male HQ

Kallang Basin Swimming Pool

hlkang79

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they open in the morning and then from 3pm everyday (except on Wed) when the pool is closed for the day for maintenance. This is for the comp pool. 

There's a middle-aged person in skimpy trunks (a half back) on selected weekdays evenings at the pool. I shall muster the courage to ask him where to get the trunks the next time!

Edited by philips
19 hours ago, begleitung said:

So in the evenings the competition pool is not open at all?

For the competition pool, it is open on weekday evenings but after 3pm (to closing time 9.30pm)

On weekend evenings, however, it is open from 7pm to 9.30pm.

18 hours ago, repressednerd said:

Wondering if Kallang Basin will eventually close permanently with the lack of manpower.

I've a feeling it won't close as several lessons / trainings take place there. And considering there're similar swimming lessons at Katong pool, KB pool "helps" to distribute these lessons / trainings so the alternative pools won't be congested. I guess for now, the only option is the weird operation hours.

On 3/20/2023 at 8:26 PM, JYAG-sim said:

For the competition pool, it is open on weekday evenings but after 3pm (to closing time 9.30pm)

On weekend evenings, however, it is open from 7pm to 9.30pm.

I've a feeling it won't close as several lessons / trainings take place there. And considering there're similar swimming lessons at Katong pool, KB pool "helps" to distribute these lessons / trainings so the alternative pools won't be congested. I guess for now, the only option is the weird operation hours.

I see, thanks for sharing. Managed to get a few laps this evening at 7 pm after the competition pool opened. Was surprised that after an afternoon of rain, the pool was warm. 

On 3/22/2023 at 10:48 AM, begleitung said:

ok, thank u for the clarification

21 hours ago, kallang25 said:

I see, thanks for sharing. Managed to get a few laps this evening at 7 pm after the competition pool opened. Was surprised that after an afternoon of rain, the pool was warm. 

No problemo, guys. Happy to help clarify 😊

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JYAG-sim said:

So following a "Missed Connections" post at this pool recently, I decided to check out the opening hours. And it's GOOD NEWS for those who can swim on weekday afternoons! Here's a snapshot:

Picture4.jpg

The revised hours are with effect from May 2023. Let's hope they stay this way. 

Thanks for the good news. I did not realised that they have change the timing. It is a pleasant surprise 

• 2 weeks later...

- Noticed that all the pools are opened this evening. 
- That guy in red (if you know who, you know who) has been missing for a while. Heard that he has left? 
- Man in white has gone missing after putting up a ‘fine show’  a few weeks ago. 
- Two exhibitionists who sat naked in the changing room w their phones in their hands have been given ‘lecture’ by a daddy. Thumb up to the daddy for speaking up! 

Happy weekend, folks! 

Edited by bluerunner
Added info
  • 1 month later...

So following a "Missed Connections" post at this pool recently, I decided to check out the opening hours. And it's GOOD NEWS for those who can swim on weekday afternoons! Here's a snapshot:

Picture4.jpg

The revised hours are with effect from May 2023. Let's hope they stay this way. 

sad for weekends

- Noticed that all the pools are opened this evening. 
- That guy in red (if you know who, you know who) has been missing for a while. Heard that he has left? 
- Man in white has gone missing after putting up a ‘fine show’  a few weeks ago. 
- Two exhibitionists who sat naked in the changing room w their phones in their hands have been given ‘lecture’ by a daddy. Thumb up to the daddy for speaking up! 

Happy weekend, folks! 

the lecture was in relation to ?nudity ?loitering ?phone use

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a very hot Sunday. Surprisingly, there is no kids swimming lesson at the big pool today! Yippee!!

Although there is no kids swimming lesson at the big pool, all except one lane is taken up. Glad that I got that lane and I could do my laps in peace. 
There is an obvious cruiser in the changing room. Seated there fully dressed, playing w his mobile. God knows if he is taking sneaky pic or video. First instinct is to avoid him at all cost. 
Overall, still a good day to be at the pool. 

• 2 weeks later...

Date: 9/9/2023

After the morning rain, I went to the pool. When I reached there, that area was still raining. No sure if I should wait or go for lunch, I decided to take a walk around the hawker center hoping for the rain to stop. 
True enough, just 5 mins later, the rain stopped. Time to head to the pool. 
Except for a group of youngsters attending life saving course, there wasn’t anyone in the water. Thanks to the rain! 🥰

Had a peaceful swim almost all the way except for the last 15-20min or so when people started to come in. 
Bumped into man in dark green trunks as I was about to leave the pool. Seen him at Katong before. Wave wave. 😉

Do drop me a DM if you are here. 
Happy Saturday to all. 

On 9/9/2023 at 3:02 PM, bluerunner said:

Date: 9/9/2023

After the morning rain, I went to the pool. When I reached there, that area was still raining. No sure if I should wait or go for lunch, I decided to take a walk around the hawker center hoping for the rain to stop. 
True enough, just 5 mins later, the rain stopped. Time to head to the pool. 
Except for a group of youngsters attending life saving course, there wasn’t anyone in the water. Thanks to the rain! 🥰

Had a peaceful swim almost all the way except for the last 15-20min or so when people started to come in. 
Bumped into man in dark green trunks as I was about to leave the pool. Seen him at Katong before. Wave wave. 😉

Do drop me a DM if you are here. 
Happy Saturday to all. 

So this pool only opens during weekends? It’s not open during the weekdays.

With all the gay men flocking to SAFRA pools, quality of men at this pool has plummeted considerably. The good thing is there are more lanes available (provided the kids do not hog the big pool). the bad thing is there scene is boring.

However, from time to time, there is still look-worthy specimen coming in. Timing and opportunity is everything. 

I saw one today. Hope you see one too.

Happy Saturday!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been more than 3 months since my last visit in June, and I'm glad I managed to swim 30 laps yesterday evening. It was pretty quiet and the water was a little tepid. I was hoping for a jolt to the body with cold water, considering the heat. 

Strangely, I find swimming here less "turbulent", compared to SAFRA Tampines.

And the best part: there're no more restrictions to operation hours (except full closure on Wednesdays), including weekends!