Male HQ

How does anyone determine their role in bed ? - Are You Top, Btm Or Flexi? Which Role Should I Be? (Compiled)

yishun

Top? Btm? Vers? or .....??  

618 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ...... (PICK ONE ONLY)

• Top only
    • Versatile Top
    • Versatile
    • Versatile Bottom
    • Bottom only
    • I don't do anal...

This poll is closed to new votes

Just wondering if many of you are totally versatile. I can top and bottom at any time and truly enjoy both roles. Before I met up with my BF, I switched roles as required - does not matter of the other guy is physically bigger or smaller than me. Interestingly, I am tall and big-sized but it can really turn me on when I have a small little guy labouring very hard topping me (as if to prove he can do it!) :-)

OTOH, my BF is more of a bottom and prefers it that way. He will top me but only at my request and I think it is wasted as he can do a good job and I would like him to do it more:-)

aiyo! what btm what top. it's sex! just fxxk la! whichever way u fill comfortable. so long you enjoys it!

my first ex was btm, so only i do the f-ing

2nd ex a top, so i only get f

with both, my sex life is kinda incomplete le...

there after, during my window of singlehood, it's PLAY time! 3some, orgies :P

so it's really irritates me when ppl ask what role u play, u replied with "flex", and they will ask you flex top or flex btm.... piangz~ -,="

juz shoot! Make every frame counts! 

www.instagram.com/dphotogsg

Guest Guest

aiyo! what btm what top. it's sex! just fxxk la! whichever way u fill comfortable. so long you enjoys it!

my first ex was btm, so only i do the f-ing

2nd ex a top, so i only get f

with both, my sex life is kinda incomplete le...

there after, during my window of singlehood, it's PLAY time! 3some, orgies :P

so it's really irritates me when ppl ask what role u play, u replied with "flex", and they will ask you flex top or flex btm.... piangz~ -,="

Even if just for chat, this question will always be asked because if you a btm, then you get teased with btm jokes.

In fact almost all gay jokes are targeted at the btm.

So some will say flexi but as my friend says, all flexi are btm too shy to admit.

Top, bottom, flex are just semantics. Sex is meant to be fun not a competition to see who can fxxk longer, take more cocks or whatever. Being a top does not a man make neither does a bottom. Masculinity is not defined by sexual roles alone.

Stop obsessing over things like this. Enjoy the fun, be responsible, move on.

Love. 

Guest Guest

Top, bottom, flex are just semantics. Sex is meant to be fun not a competition to see who can fxxk longer, take more cocks or whatever. Being a top does not a man make neither does a bottom. Masculinity is not defined by sexual roles alone.

Stop obsessing over things like this. Enjoy the fun, be responsible, move on.

Only btm would say that masculinity is not defined by sexual rules :lol: because of his insecurity.

The top would wham bang, no need to worry about masculinity.

Only btm would say that masculinity is not defined by sexual rules :lol: because of his insecurity.

The top would wham bang, no need to worry about masculinity.

I think the deeper level issue lies with how comfortable one is with his own sexuality. For guys who feel that masculinity is defined strictly by his sexual position, and the number of guys he had fxxked, the question is why is he defining it by a heterosexual model?

We hear stories where a gay guy would refer to the bottom's ass as chee by (pussy etc.) in the effort to feminize the bottom, and assume the alpha male position. However, in doing so, it does communicate the top guy's own uncomfortableness with his own homosexuality and hence the need to refer to the bottom in female terms in order to reinforced his masculinity.

Whatever the case is, it does not matter if you are top or bottom or whatever. Just stop obsessing over stupid stuff like that. There is no award for being the best top or bottom, unless you are in the pxxn industry. Hence if you are not, enjoy what you have. Play safe.

Love. 

I indentify myself as a ver, but an interesting thing is, I don't get physical pleasure from being drilled as when I'm drilling;I get psychological one from knowing that the guy is doing me.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

i think this thread is a gd read for those who are confused in their sexual roles etc.

basically the idea is to just enjoy what you want to do.

but recommend you read from post #170 onwards bcos most of the stuffs before that are crappy :rolleyes:

This is confusing, what if I like to be dominated or dominate people but then do not like the idea of anal sex :/

There is nothing confusing about roles in bed. Everything you do with your partner/s are between you and your partner/s. So long as either party consent to each other. You can practically dominate him or he you with or without anal, even just smooching or cuddling is find so long as both of you or so long as you are happy.

Guest AnalVirgin4Ever

I would still prefer blowjobs (no tops or bottoms), hope to stay virgin in the anal region forever, I guess no one will just be satisfied with blowjobs and handjobs in their whole lifetime, so I guess I will never find love. :(

Guest Guest

I would still prefer blowjobs (no tops or bottoms), hope to stay virgin in the anal region forever, I guess no one will just be satisfied with blowjobs and handjobs in their whole lifetime, so I guess I will never find love. :(

You should be proud of who you are. If top think less of a bottom, they have a problem. As long as you don't think less of yourself being a bottom, you should be happy to enjoy whatever position you prefer. If there is no bottom there will be no top. Btm can be with btm. Top can chose to be with another top. There is no fixed rule that top must be with bottom. Those classified as pure top could have been adventurous to try being bottom before and discovered they don't enjoy that position. There can be many reasons they were nailed previously out of curiosity or to please the partner. Sure, there are btm who are insecured and lied that they are versatile. Then simply they are lying. I had always been bottom and I enjoy being myself. It has crossed my mind before that I want to top my bf because I merely want to experience putting my dick inside him. Well, he is a pure pure top and did not allow me to proceed. For me, I prefer pure top or I classify them straight men.

Edited by Francistan6

I think the deeper level issue lies with how comfortable one is with his own sexuality. For guys who feel that masculinity is defined strictly by his sexual position, and the number of guys he had fxxked, the question is why is he defining it by a heterosexual model?

We hear stories where a gay guy would refer to the bottom's ass as chee by (pussy etc.) in the effort to feminize the bottom, and assume the alpha male position. However, in doing so, it does communicate the top guy's own uncomfortableness with his own homosexuality and hence the need to refer to the bottom in female terms in order to reinforced his masculinity.

Whatever the case is, it does not matter if you are top or bottom or whatever. Just stop obsessing over stupid stuff like that. There is no award for being the best top or bottom, unless you are in the pxxn industry. Hence if you are not, enjoy what you have. Play safe.

U da man, Bro. U called it rightly. There's too many guys (tops) out there who behave in the way you describe. I absolutely agree with your take on this matter.

You should be proud of who you are. If top think less of a bottom, they have a problem. As long as you don't think less of yourself being a bottom, you should be happy to enjoy whatever position you prefer. If there is no bottom there will be no top. Btm can be with btm. Top can chose to be with another top. There is no fixed rule that top must be with bottom. Those classified as pure top could have been adventurous to try being bottom before and discovered they don't enjoy that position. There can be many reasons they were nailed previously out of curiosity or to please the partner. Sure, there are btm who are insecured and lied that they are versatile. Then simply they are lying. I had always been bottom and I enjoy being myself. It has crossed my mind before that I want to top my bf because I merely want to experience putting my dick inside him. Well, he is a pure pure top and did not allow me to proceed. For me, I prefer pure top or I classify them straight men.

speaking as one bottom to another, I totally agree with your view. Well said Dude.

Same problem as in heterosexual couples!^^

Fortunately, mentalities are changing, but (at least in Europe), until the end of Middle Age, people were wondering whether women had a soul...

As Francistan6 said, without bottoms, there would be no tops (or very unhappy tops..).

Guest Guest

abit off topic but reminds me of an incident i hv with a group of friends in my younger days. we were visiting a halloween haunted house event and a checkpoint was to have someone volunteer to eat a live worm before we can move on. those masculine alpha males immediately stepped back and some squeaked before a soft spoken twinky guy pick up the live worm with bare hands and put it into his mouth. left a deep impression in me till now bcos i finally understand that masculinity is defined by ur courage, confidence or respect for others etc rather than trying to 'act' and belittle others.

abit off topic but reminds me of an incident i hv with a group of friends in my younger days. we were visiting a halloween haunted house event and a checkpoint was to have someone volunteer to eat a live worm before we can move on. those masculine alpha males immediately stepped back and some squeaked before a soft spoken twinky guy pick up the live worm with bare hands and put it into his mouth. left a deep impression in me till now bcos i finally understand that masculinity is defined by ur courage, confidence or respect for others etc rather than trying to 'act' and belittle others.

Maybe that guy who ate the worm was really hungry at that point in time, and just wanted something to fill his stomach, even if it's a live disgusting worm?

皆々様には、御機嫌麗しゅう、恐悦至極に存じ奉ります。

Guest Guest

something interesting i found off the net which i thought was quite true:

Tops were more likely than both bottoms and versatiles to reject a gay self-identity and to have had sex with a woman in the past three months. They also manifested higher internalized homophobia —essentially the degree of self-loathing linked to their homosexual desires.

Versatiles seem to enjoy better psychological health. This may be due to their greater sexual sensation seeking, lower erotophobia (fear of sex), and greater comfort with a variety of roles and activities.

Personal view, it up to individual preference and up to their choice.

Im a Top, and i love to do all kinds of things towards my btm.

And i dont like the feeling to get something up my ass. I simply dont like it and cant enjoy it like other flexi or btm.

As simply as that, some are pretty complicated with all kinds of ideas and thoughts. But most importantly is to have FUN, isn't it?

22782.jpg “THINGS YOU NEVER HEAR: 'Please stop sucking my dick or I'll call the police.”

Personal Blog: http://shiroiluke.wordpress.com/

IMO, it is just a matter of preference. Just like some who like rice and other who like noodles. One person's poison is another person's meat. There is no differentation in term of status, be it you are top. flex or btm. What I must say is that guys who admit that they r btm or lke to be domintated are confident ppl who enjoy life as much as they enjoy sex.

cheers

• 11 months later...
Guest Theprince

Top only. Only been a bottom once when my ex insisted on it. Hated it. Not so much because of pain, but more because of the feeling of loss of control.

Guest Guest

Actually im curious how we all come to define our roles.

And unfortunately the gay community is obsessed over whos top whos bottom. So much so that some people used that as a basis to treat and interact with someone, and fail to see how each person is a unique individual on his own.

I was in Shanghai some months ago and invited my Guangzhou fren to come up.  I stayed at a five star hotel and we could do it on the bed, on the sofa, etc.

I am often btm but this time I had him sit on me and then I placed my on his back and fxxk him.  I did it a long time but could not cum.  He said..you are taking so long.  It was hurting him somewhat.  hi hi.

Guest Guest

What if u are not sure whether u are top or u are btm?

so simple, then try both way la, there are plenty who claimed that they are top or pure top, btm or flexi, however those who are really good in bed not easy to find

I think a versatile couple is the best combination! Both my bf and I are versatile even though he tends toward bottom and I tends toward top. Frequently I feel the need to be fucked and I have my bf to top me which is very satisfying for me. We are not shy about expressing our needs for anal sex and I love it when he asks if he can fuck me or when I tell him that I want to hammer him, he gets really turn-on!

• 1 month later...

Initially, my bf and I were solely in our respective roles... me a top and him being a bottom...

Until i coaxed him to gain his confidence by screwing me... now, we're kinda 'flip-flop' whenever we have sex...

Looks like many are versatile bottoms from the poll.  :whistle:

Initially, my bf and I were solely in our respective roles... me a top and him being a bottom...
Until i coaxed him to gain his confidence by screwing me... now, we're kinda 'flip-flop' whenever we have sex...

What about your cat?  ;)

Cat is slang for bottom in Japanese though.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Looks like many are versatile bottoms from the poll.  :whistle:

What about your cat?  ;)

Cat is slang for bottom in Japanese though.

Haha.......

Did you also realise that 'pussy' is another name for cat?

Therefore:

Cat = pussy = bottom

Q.E.D. (Quite Easily Done)

Edited by Yas1950

• 3 weeks later...

While I more often than not bottom in bed, I believe it really depends on the person. Been with shitty tops who don't respect you one bit and expect you to be their slave in that sense. Hated that, especially when I'm giving the other person control of me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alispenn

I try to remind myself that for the sake of the partners' health, physical or otherwise, my anus had better not be tighter than their grips. Any"body" cares to deduce from here?   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • G_M changed the title to How does anyone determine their role in bed ? - Are You Top, Btm Or Flexi? Which Role Should I Be? (Compiled)
  • G_M locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.