Male HQ

All Discussion About Swimwear & Swimming Trunks (Compiled)

Guest Guest

Why bother to wear if it's indoor and whatever u wear will come off later. ;)

I have seen many guys wearing N2N at the pool so years back. Nowadays, I see less.

Wanted to get one but it does not look nice on me. :(

I can't really do what i like to do with it at a swimming pool :)

I do wear aussiebum's when i swim, little less 'out there'...

Isn't strange that we pay so much for so little?

Most of the "branded" swimwear like N2N, Mate are quite costly.

And yet, we crave to own at least one of it.

After working so hard, I guess it's healthy to pampered ourselves once a while. As long as we do not do it too often (well, "often" is rather subjective and debatable), it is still fine by me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Male HQ a couple of days ago and was disappointed, having expected it to be the size of SMA. And yes, their stuff are not cheap. They sell the Groovin briefs I wear at full price, while they're at a 50% mark down at Isetan.

I wonder why some said the material of BODS are not good..i had mine and wore them for years, of course over the years, material will run out of shape a bit here and there and getting thinner too. However i think they are still value for money when bought during sales time.. it is around $10 to $15 when sales..

At this price to pay for a pair of nice looking trunk , what else can you ask for when compared to like Speedo or some other imported trunks.. i still feel they are value for money.. and the cutting are good too

Guest Guest

speedo is overpriced. for some reasons i dunno. maybe they are keeping the high price to keep the brand 'expensive'

i go for tyr/arena/bod anytime. last went to TYR sales and brought 3 pairs of trunks and 2 goggles which can last me for a year.

I remembered a BODS sale at SAFRA some years ago... they had their swimming trunks at $10 each and for the rest of that year and the next, almost every other swimmer were wearing RED, YELLOW, BABY BLUE BODs trunks at the pool... lots of revealing bulges... 

How long will the trunks last?.... Well I bought some rip-off at Silom 3 Christmases ago and I am still wearing them.. They were at THB 100 (about SGD 4.50 then) a piece.. buying 11 for the price of 10...

• 1 month later...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Swim trunks are hot, it shows enough but hides the essential, leaving space for imagination. Speedos are hot of course but it's revealing too much :)

Sometimes, some mystery is nice.

I wear short trunks, cuz I'm short haha. If I wore boardshorts, I'd look like a dwarf.

Orlebar Brown has some hot trunks!!! with 3 different length. Got a few of them, love them :)

• 4 weeks later...

last month me with my friend when thailand beach island i wear pouch &  thong swimming wear.

i wear a day for snorkeling walking around at beach sumore after snorkeling i went to beach side restaurant having lunch,no people boded me or look at me.

1728_P_1398479321889.jpg

1508_P_1368712630433.jpg

Edited by bubu zai

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, we know there are many swimwear aficionados here, and wanted to let you know we're running a Sep Giveaway exclusively for BW members where you stand a chance to win a pair of AquaSapien by Groovin' swimwear.

Check out contest details at http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=52281&page=2#entry914318  ;) 

424681_10151004593696339_1459456854_n.jp

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Swimmer boy

Snowball since you have a nice body you should look good in arena trunks which is half the price or so. But if you really like the expensive swim trunk and willing to spend on one piece go ahead lo. For me I'm tempted to buy the expensive ones but don't think will buy. By the way which brand you saw?

Wait aunty scold you shit! You better wear your trunks properly I'm telling you!

Hehe taken from the thread aunty scold girl for baring back. Anyway I agree with that aunty. Sorry to sidetrack:)

Butterscotch arena trunks are usually found only in arena shops.

Sometimes some of the models have a 10 or 15 percent discount while the newer models have no discount. Overall arena trunks to me are more comfortable than tyr or speedos. They are nicer and less boring too. Speedos are overly priced because of the brand. And doesn't really look good compared to arena.

By the way arena shops are located in Clementi mall, nex, plaza sing, novena sq, Jurong pt.

OG Chinatown sells arena too. You can google for more store locations for arena.:)

Takashimaya do have sales too for arena trunks and a pair cost only 10 to 12 dollars.. Really worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering @dockable.... Do you buy your usual size for your mate swimming trunk or 1 size up??

Good question. I always buy one size up to be safe. So while I could usually wear S for the conventional off the shelf swimbriefs, I get M from Mate. My waistline is 29" if that helps.

Edited by Dorkable

• G_M changed the title to All Discussion About Swimwear & Swimming Trunks (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.