Male HQ

Advice On Male Skin Care - Acne Product / Body Lotion / Moisturizer / Face Wash (Compiled)

Guest imseeker
Get a skincare item that's rich in vitamin C. This particular vitamin is responsible for lightening/whitening effects.

I swore by the Body Shop's Vitamin C eye gel-cream (it is really noticeable compared to other whitening eye creams like L'oreal etc)...until they stupidly replaced that particular product with a new Vitamin C eye product that comes with a dildo-like applicator. :angry:

There is a soap which I can't remember it's name. It's dark green in color and the packaging is like yellow. I am not sure but if I remember correctly, it could be sulphur soap. It's good for the skin. It's also available in any supermarket or provision shop. Just ask for the green color soap.

coaltar soap. medicinal smell. Boots brand. good for clearing acne on back.

GM, getting older lah.

Always thought that body lotion is more for ladies but i realise that more companies are introducing body lotions for guys now which are meant to be applied daily.

Many gays also like to tan and the skin needs to be hydrated. Does body lotion gives u nice smooth skin? Anyone using?

Tip: try using hand lotions for your body instead of body lotions. Hand lotions are formulated to be lighter and less greasy/heavy. Some hand lotions, like the Watsons' range, are specifically formulated with antioxidant ingredients such as black tea, berries and ginger to facilitate skin soothing and healing.

I think it's good to take care of one skin, especially so if the body (face) has been exposed to the sun often.

For post swim, I have Nivea whitening inner cell repair body milk. I bought this because it's only $2 per bottle (75ml) from Guardian. (feels its good price and size, and smells ok too).

For home, if I wanted something better, try Crabtree and Evelyn OR L'occitane.. Well, those are used my sis, just take some and use.. ^_^

Dun like those thick body lotions which have fragrances and are targeted more towards women.

Western countries have those men body lotions which are fragrance free, serum based and are absorbed fast into the skin. But they are not available in sg.

Luckily I use a non-sticky body lotion :P

Only apply when I develop rash-like skin bumps, especially at the underarms after tanning..... ;)

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Luckily I use a non-sticky body lotion :P

Only apply when I develop rash-like skin bumps, especially at the underarms after tanning..... ;)

What lotion do u use?

Beauty coys like clarins or biotherm also have body lotions for men, but super ex, like $40 to $60 a bottle?

What lotion do u use?

Beauty coys like clarins or biotherm also have body lotions for men, but super ex, like $40 to $60 a bottle?

I have two: one is Body Series G&H Lotion and the other is Allano Hand & Body Lotion. [G&H stands for glycerine & honey]

The former comes in the normal lotion bottle packaging and is more viscous.

The latter comes in an aerosol can, which requires shaking before using, and when pumped, ejects foam, which can be quite messy if u press the pump too deep.

But generally, I use the Body Series one when I'm indoors and the Allano one when I intend to conduct activities under the sun for a longer period as it helps to prevent burns.

As any other lotion, both may feel sorta sticky when you start to apply at first, but when you gradually rub and spread them out across your skin, they juz absorb w/o so much leaving the skin sticky. :)

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

I have two: one is Body Series G&H Lotion and the other is Allano Hand & Body Lotion. [G&H stands for glycerine & honey]

The former comes in the normal lotion bottle packaging and is more viscous.

The latter comes in an aerosol can, which requires shaking before using, and when pumped, ejects foam, which can be quite messy if u press the pump too deep.

But generally, I use the Body Series one when I'm indoors and the Allano one when I intend to conduct activities under the sun for a longer period as it helps to prevent burns.

As any other lotion, both may feel sorta sticky when you start to apply at first, but when you gradually rub and spread them out across your skin, they juz absorb w/o so much leaving the skin sticky. :)

Allano is awesome!!! I have been using this brand since I was born.... or rather.... my mother used it on me =)...

I use it everyday after shower.

It softens the external layer of my skin. As a result, I have this radiant glow smoothness. I am an uncle already and some aunties even commented on my baby soft skin.

If you are skeptical, try it for a month then ask your partner or friend to feel your skin. This is more effective than those bullshit expensive placenta. Try getting those with vitamins C and E for whitening if you want.

If you work in air con environment or under harsh sunlight, you really need this in addition to drinking more water.

When applying the lotion, you also massage your skin to improve circulation.

Guest imseeker

I could never find a light fluffy body lotion/cream that's of a consistency like souffle. All the body lotions here leave this discernible layer on your skin, preventing it from breathing.

• 2 months later...

I am thinking testing out new toiletries. Just looking for ideas. I walked into the toilet and I am quite surprise that I am using so many toiletries. When I was in school, it was just colgate and lux soap.

My current list of toiletries

Facial: Eversoft Avocado

Body Foam: Dettol

Toothpaste: Colgate Total

Shampoo: Pantene Normal

Hair Gel: No brand

Shaving Cream: Gillette moose

What do you guys use ?

Face Scrub = Ginvera, Marvel Gel

Facial Wash = Shokubutsu (Green Tea)

Body Scrub = Neutrogena Energy Body Scrub -- Twice a week

Body Wash = Shokubutsu (Whitening) / Dettol (Lemon) / Rainbath (Grapefruit) -- switch among the three, depending on mood

Toothpaste = Colgate (whitening)

Mouth Wash = Systema (sakura mint)

Shampoo = Pantene (smooth & silky)

Conditioner = Pantene (smooth & silky)

Hair Wax = Gatsby moving rubber

Shaving Cream = no need

I use Savonnette organic soap bars for my body and face (the lavender one smell real nice), Jason toothpaste. and tea tree shampoo from Giovanni. Am a soap and water kind of guy. I cant use non-organic products cos SLS and other chemicals make me itch.

I buy my stuff in bulk when I go overseas.

I also use organic laundry detergent and dishwashing liquid. Ha!

Dont use hair products, dont use moisturiser, and all those shit.

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

I use Savonnette organic soap bars for my body and face (the lavender one smell real nice), Jason toothpaste. and tea tree shampoo from Giovanni. Am a soap and water kind of guy. I cant use non-organic products cos SLS and other chemicals make me itch.

I buy my stuff in bulk when I go overseas.

I also use organic laundry detergent and dishwashing liquid. Ha!

Dont use hair products, dont use moisturiser, and all those shit.

I use Savonnette organic soap bars for my body and face (the lavender one smell real nice), Jason toothpaste. and tea tree shampoo from Giovanni. Am a soap and water kind of guy. I cant use non-organic products cos SLS and other chemicals make me itch. I buy my stuff in bulk when I go overseas. I also use organic laundry detergent and dishwashing liquid. Ha! Dont use hair products, dont use moisturiser, and all those shit.

hey u know u can get those organic brands at iherb.com for very very low price. i buy my supplement from there also. takes about 4working days for DHL to deliver. Avalon organics is much cheaper there too.

if u r first timer, use my coupon code VUK879 and get $5 off.

Guest Lunarstone

Wow! And I was thinking maybe you guys used branded goods. Didn't know that you actually used products that can be bought from your nearby supermarket.

Face Soap: Eversoft Ginko & Grapefruit

Moisturizer: Acne.org

Shampoo: Follow Me Green Tea

Body Soap; Imperial Leather

Toothpaste: Colgate Total 12

Hair Wax: Gastby Moving Rubber Green

Anti-perspirant: The Body Shop Aloe Vera range

Edited by Lunarstone

Facial : Loreal Men Expert Pure & Matte charcoal foam(testing)

Shampoo: FLP Aloe with Jojoba Shampoo

Body Soap; Dove Gentle Exfoliating

Toothpaste: Colgate sensitive toothgel

Hair Wax: Loreal Studio

Anti-perspirant: FLP Aloe Vera Ever-Shield

Facial: ARTISTRY

Body Foam: BODY SERIES

Toothpaste: GLISTER

Shampoo & hair gel: SATINIQUE

Shaving Cream: TOLSOM

Talcum powder: ALLANO

Face wash: Garnier

Toner: Faceshop

Moisturizer: Loocitane Divine Cream

Deodorant: Nature's Gate

Cologne: Loocitane Verbena

Hand Lotion: Nature's Gate Persimmon & Rose Geranium

Soap: Jasmine Rice Soap(from thai shop@GWC), Rosemary Shower Gel from Avalon Organics, Cassis & Grapefruit & Sandalwood & Neroli Shower Gel from M&S, Mandarin & Patchouli Hand Soap from Nature's Gate. I blend all of them together & shower.

Shampoo: MUJI Seaweed

Conditioner: MUJI 5fruits(all the berries)

I smell like like a fruit/herb garden after that :)

toothpaste - glister and systema

face wash - kiehl of new york

shampoo - l'occitaine

hand cream - aesop organic products / kiehl of new york

body lotion - aesop of new york / kiehl of new york

lip balm - kiehl of new york

body scrub - vardi & migdal

foot wash - vardi & migdal

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

I dont do stuff from NTUC and Bodyshop.

Meanwhile:

Eyeliner, powder: Maybeline

Lipgloss, Blusher: MAC and BH Cosmetics

Bronzer: Lancome

Eyeshadows and primer: Urban Decay

Just kidding.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

I dont do stuff from NTUC and Bodyshop.

Meanwhile:

Eyeliner, powder: Maybeline

Lipgloss, Blusher: MAC and BH Cosmetics

Bronzer: Lancome

Eyeshadows and primer: Urban Decay

Just kidding.

That reminds me. I do have foundation and concealer (from Artistry), but only use them for grand occasions to conceal my facial flaws. :P

Guest Chris O

Face wash: Cetaphil (gentle, free from artificial coloring and fragrance)

Toner: SKII

Moisturizer: Kiehl's, Acai Serum and Moisturiser (100% natural origin)

Cologne: Hermes, Terre de Hermes

Hand Lotion: Rosken, Dry Skin Hydrating Lotion (a great find off the shelf of Guardian)

Soap: QV Wash (gentle, free from artificial coloring and fragrance)

Shampoo: Natralia Nourish (100% natural origin)

As you can see, I tend to lean towards all natural products that are free from unecessary colorings and fragrances. Just a personal choice.

Face Wash: Shiseido Perfect Wash

Shower Gel: Dettol Showergel

Hand wash: Dettol Handwash liquid

Shampoo: Shiseido Tsubaki White and Red

Conditioner: Shiseido Tsubaki and Pantene Time Renewal

Hair treatment: HS hair spa, Asience Shine Theraphy. Pantene night Miracle leave on, Tsubaki Hair Water.

Tooth paste: Pearlie White

Parfume: Hermes, Bvlgari, Chanel homme

Hair Gel: Loreal Studio Remix

Deodorant: Dove

Body lotion: Nivea

Im using biore double action scrub for my face, but I'm worried it's not as effective and since it's a scrub, it'll clear my tan fast? Am interested to find out whether is Nivea men deep cleaning, olay, neutrogena acne control good not! Haha they're off e shelf product.

Im using biore double action scrub for my face, but I'm worried it's not as effective and since it's a scrub, it'll clear my tan fast? Am interested to find out whether is Nivea men deep cleaning, olay, neutrogena acne control good not! Haha they're off e shelf product.

Dun scrub your face too often. New skin need time to grow.

Certain food like strawberries, black beans, lemons have whitening effect.

If u have acne problem, need to be careful with your diet, sleep pattern & duration, your pillow case/face towel.

• 2 months later...

a bit insecure with the body acne and the skinny built that i have, went to the gym a few times before and instead of gaining muscle, i lost weight instead.. which made me look even more skinny..

as much as i want to go swimming, its feel embarass because of my skin and wierd nipples (larger than the norm size), went to bishan swimming complex twice and felt really awkward with all the people looking around.. it was more embarassing when a kid stared at my body and made this wierd face because of it.. plus because i have hairy armpits and pubes, i overheard one uncle at the bathroom whisper something about me being like a monkey.. u guys think i should remove the hair?

hmm.. how about you first starting to take care your body by washing it regularly with proper body care products. If you think you are very hairy, then trim the hair you don't really like seeing. Some people like hairy guys but it really depends on how you see yourself.

About the weight part, i know it is little frustrating but perhaps try starting on a exercise program me and meal regime as well and stick to it. For a start, do push ups everyday, that might help (it did for me).

Don't be too conscious about what people has to say about you buddy. All the best :)

just some parts are hairy (armpits and crotch area).. i actually eat a lot, and so far weight gain is a problem, hahaha

i dont'really know which body care products to use coz there are so many, and not cheap.. tried some before and didnt really help much.. lol, my metabolism is superfast i guess

Most people are worry about not having enough hair.. haiz... I am also trying to gain more weight but it seems whatever i tried it does not help too.. guess we are just what the creator wants us to be.. but am happy that alot of guys prefer slim then ...cheers.. just live your life as what makes you happy is most important don stress yourself on the way you look.. cheers again..