Male HQ

Advice On Male Skin Care - Acne Product / Body Lotion / Moisturizer / Face Wash (Compiled)

everyone's skin is different, have to try to find out which product is suitable for you. i am currently using naruko tea tree facial wash at night which works like a scrub. using avene toner for sensitive skin then i apply lab series night recovery lotion as moisturiser,

morning i am using loreal revitalift facial form (xmas gift from friend), avene toner and then lab series instant moisture gel/bb cream depending on my mood

so far the regime works for me.

i realise that if i stop taking supplements, my pimples will clear too.

Wash: Hada Labo AHA & BHA. Scrub: Any brands consist of aluminum oxide crystals e.g LancomeMen Microdermabrasion or Loreal Refinish. Moisturizer: Any oil free brands. Breakouts: Tretinoin & Delacin. Major Breakouts: Oratane. There. Part of my life story... ;)

Hi..hi..mr hendry..

im new..

Have product to intro..Skincerity from USA. VERY POWERFUL more than skincare product

Please do not post your ad in the Main forum.

If you want to post an ad, please register as a member and post in the Service & Biz Folder.

Any further ad in the Main forum will be removed.

I just use soap and water. And seriously. That's all you ever need.

Invest in good quality soap that does not have as much chemicals. Ditto for shampoos and toothpaste.

Certain chemicals in toiletries actually do more harm than good.

None of the stuff I use contain sulphates, parabens, and other chemicals like triclosan and phenoxyethanol. Read the labels before u buy yr products. Some of the stuff are potentially dangerous to health.

U can get good quality soaps online and dont waste money on off the counter shit cos they dont work anyway.

My spouse who has a phD is an expert in cells and he told me so. Something about the molecules in creams being too big to be absorbed into the skin. And even if the creams DO contain certain ingredients, they are too small in quantity to make any real difference.

It may sound cliched.

But to have good skin:

1. Dont smoke

2. Dont drink excessively

3. Have enuff rest

4. Don't do drugs

5. Drink lotsa water

6. Eat your vegetables and fruit

7. Stay outta the sun.

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

Guest Guest

Face wash only clear away the dirt on ur skin, it wont heal ur pimples.

Body Shop tea tree facial cleanser makes my skin pop pimples. dunno if its exfoliating or wat but my pimple stop after i stop using it.

stick w a cheap normal cleanser but invest in good moisturiser.

Guest Guest

I just use soap and water. And seriously. That's all you ever need.

Invest in good quality soap that does not have as much chemicals. 

Commercial products are fine if you like them, like the scents and willing to pay but if you want to go really natural:

Wash - inexpensive unheated raw honey, removes oil without stripping

Mask - honey with a few drops of cooled boiled water, reacts to make natural peroxide 

Exfoliate - rub with cotton cloth after washing, cleaner than reusable buff puffs, no burning chemicals

Moisturize - tiny amounts of supermarket coconut oil, disappears into skin better than mineral oils

Guest Zephz

Months ago, I happen to drop by a facebook page, "Raffles ... something" certified that gave acne scar laser treatment $90 per session. Which is quite cheap. As for now, i couldn't find that page or remember the facebook page name.

Do anyone here know about this?

Using some of the range from Korean's Sulwhasoo.

Very good product. This has been the top range in Korea for decades. Still rank one of the most expensive brand and Nation's top seller

Combined it with Lancôme's Genifique, for better results.

Slightly better than SK2's men's range

Their Overnight Vitalizing Treatment is excellent. Last to apply over your face after everything as it seals the benefits of those cream beneath to work deeper into your skin. It also repairs any damages occurred during the day.

But because it is very rich you use it sparingly and not every night. Use it 3x a week.  

Just one application and you can see your skin soft supple and radiantly shinny for the next few days.

Not kidding.

This product is unisex and targets a very whole age group.

http://www.sulwhasoo.co.th/en/products/Line/Essential

http://honeyheartbeauty.blogspot.ch/2010/11/review-sulwhasoo-overnight-vitalizing.html

http://harumuu.blogspot.ch/2013/02/sulwhasoo-overnight-vitalizing.html

Edited by TheVisitors

Currently using Skin Inc-active+ cleanser. Quite clean.

The only reason I stop changing cleanser is because I'm too lazy to try anymore.

Previously I will keep on trying new products. Below are some products that I have tried on my face with positive results or at least keep my condition a little better and prevent it from worsening. By the way I have sensitive skin, combination with oily T-zone.

Skin Inc - men active+ cleanser(soso but I like it)

Kiehls-rare earth cleanser(really good for oily face, but hate the residue)

Hada labo-aha/bha cleanser(good, but leave my face a little bit dry)

The rest not worth mentioning.

Moisturizer:

NONE

I'm still finding the perfect moisturizer for my face.

Serum:

Estee lauder-advance night repair (this is the BEST, I even use it during the day. When I'm ran out of moisturizer I'll use it without any moisturizer)

The below products are some that I'm gonna try next:

Gatzmen-regeneration cream

Philosophy-hope in a jar(oil free moisturizer)

La mer-oil free moisturizer(will be the last to try, cos extremely expensive)

Origins-starting over(oil free moisturizer)

Ceutical-caviar serum, 24k gold serum, blackhead ampoule.

Just wondering. Why did you say the Estee lauder-advance night repair is good? Are there visible results?

Guest JUSTrand

Just wondering. Why did you say the Estee lauder-advance night repair is good? Are there visible results?

Actually there's not much visible result on my face, as I'm only 22yo. But everyday after waking up, my face is more radiant (not those oily type).. Make me feel that my skin is more healthier when I use it.

Anyway I've changed my whole facial products.... Currently using more from Paula's Choice.

I have been using Paula's Choice on the Thursday before CNY, till now.

CLEAR PORE Normalising Cleanser - good, at least MUCH better than SKIN INC.

Clear Extra Strength 2% BHA Toner - MOST IMPT in my daily facial routine.

RESIST Ultra Light Serum - THIS FEEL OILY thanks to their silk extract, can almost be compared to Estee Lauder, but i choose this because it's cheaper.

(*OPTIONAL) 2% BHA Liquid.  - I bought it because I want a faster result in fading my pimple scars and stopping the pimple outbreak, not I rarely use it. Only a tap on my new pimple, once in a while.

And, Menscience Advance Face Lotion. - TOTAL BULLSHIT, dont buy this. AFTER USING THIS, U WILL REALISE UR FACE SHINE LIKE U POURED OIL ON UR FACE. And honestly i dont think that it's doing any help to my face. I  use this because I'm those type of person will insist on using the whole bottle before I deem it totally useless and change another product. Now i'm already towards the end of it lifespan, NEVER GONNA BUY IT AGAIN.

Next i'll be replacing my moisturizer with Avene Oil Control Milk.

Why did i change from Skin Inc to Paula's Choice.

Well, i regret saying Skin Inc do nothing to my face. After 2months of using their product. My face start to have a outbreak. Not those stars type of pimple, where the pimple are spread apart throughout my face... BUT THOSE CLUSTER TYPE! So much, so many... Scary. Some people will say that it's trying to detox the toxins underneath my skin. BUT NO, I endure till near CNY when I finally made up my mind to purchase from Paula's Choice. -.-

For so many months after using Paula's Choice, my skin remain zero to 1-3pimples. My scars fade in a extremely fast pace, thanks to 2% BHA formula.

I personally used the Murad Range of Skin care products (Acne Package)

After the army the rigors of outfield/camou cream took a toll on my face, i even had this major acne vulgaris on my chin area where the helmet strap would trap sweat and irritate my skin.

After using it for about 2 months, the acne dissipated and though i have some scars and the occasional pimple, everything looks in apple pie order.

Back then Murad was not even in Singapore yet, I had to ship it from HKG. Right now this is available at BHG stores at Bugis Junction.

I swear by its effectiveness, especially if you have an existing acne problem from the army.

Guest Guest

Actually there's not much visible result on my face, as I'm only 22yo. But everyday after waking up, my face is more radiant (not those oily type).. Make me feel that my skin is more healthier when I use it.

dude estee lauder advanced night repair is not for 22yo and young skin. trust me, will do more harm than good and you will need a even stronger product next time when you aged and your skin has 'really matured'.

Guest JUSTrand

dude estee lauder advanced night repair is not for 22yo and young skin. trust me, will do more harm than good and you will need a even stronger product next time when you aged and your skin has 'really matured'.

nah, stop using alrdy. even after the usual staff discount i got from my friends also more ex than Paula's Choice.

I have to agree with PT. Seriously I feel that money doesn't buy you good skin. I used to spend thousands of dollars on facial treatments and skin care products. But my skin got worse each day. I used to have so many acnes on my face that I felt like hiding in room all the time. So I just went to the nearby Polyclinics and they gave me antibiotics and the face improved a lot. Currently I have been using facial cleanser from NSC and garnier facial scrub which costs less than $20 in total.

wow,senior:

this is not cheap- Sulwhasoo

is the firming gel of Sulwhasoo works? or overnite thingy works better?

I noticed that japanese men and koreans too right? may i know what is the "base"/cosmetic they put on their face to conceal face? Any experts can help?

Lancome is too oily le, just like what U01234567899 mentioned: Nivea too is too oily

whatsmyname proved the point that those of expensive "names" may not work...

but i noticed that facial wash by Loreal or garnier etc  is too diluted and consumed in no time, though they appeared cheaper in pricing

SK II essence (gd, not oily) only "smoothen" and did nothing else(but in terms of smoothenening effects, they are world class, unrivalled")  , origins' plantscription for removal of railway tracks (http://www.origins.com.sg/?q=website_admin/node/49#/Landing)

- ads exaggarate abit, but it does help to some extent

facial scrub : bodyshop seaweed works for me

Using some of the range from Korean's Sulwhasoo.

Very good product. This has been the top range in Korea for decades. Still rank one of the most expensive brand and Nation's top seller

Combined it with Lancôme's Genifique, for better results.

Slightly better than SK2's men's range

Their Overnight Vitalizing Treatment is excellent. Last to apply over your face after everything as it seals the benefits of those cream beneath to work deeper into your skin. It also repairs any damages occurred during the day.

But because it is very rich you use it sparingly and not every night. Use it 3x a week.  

Just one application and you can see your skin soft supple and radiantly shinny for the next few days.

Not kidding.

This product is unisex and targets a very whole age group.

http://www.sulwhasoo.co.th/en/products/Line/Essential

http://honeyheartbeauty.blogspot.ch/2010/11/review-sulwhasoo-overnight-vitalizing.html

http://harumuu.blogspot.ch/2013/02/sulwhasoo-overnight-vitalizing.html

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After reading, just like to do re-post and get some comment :D

Today there are loads of products that are inundating the market. But all these can be heavy on ones pocket. The question here is why do we we have to shell so much on a chemical based product that will do harm then any good to our skin? And most importantly why do we have to spend money on something that can be found in your kitchen shelves?

The ideal 10 natural toners for all skin type:

•  Mix white vinegar & water in equal proportions. Whenever needed take a cotton pad, dip it in the solution and wipe the face and neck with the homemade facial toner. This is one among the best skin toner.
  •  Add a pinch of camphor in a bottle of rose  water & use it as a facial toner. Dip a cotton pad in the solution and cleanse your face about 3-4 times a day, with this toner.
  •  Apply lemon juice on your face leave it  for 10 minute then wash it off with normal water. This is among the fastest as well as easiest solutions for facial care.
  •  Take 4 tbsp of rose water, add 1/3 tsp alum and 100gm glycerin. Mix all the ingredients well and apply it on your face and neck. Leave it for 10 mins and wash with warm water.
  • Grate a fresh cucumber, add 1/2 cup of curd in it and mix it well. Apply it your face and neck, leave it for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then wash it off sing normal water.
  •  Blend one apple with 1 tsp honey and make it into a thick paste. Apply this remedy on your face and neck the face, leave it for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then wash it off with normal water. Try this mask to acquire fresh & glowing skin every day.
  •  Steam one chamomile herbal tea bag in 100ml water for 5 minute. Apply the water on the face and neck and leave it on for 20 minutes and wash it off with normal water.
  •  First clean the face with any homemade cleanser and then apply ovum white on your face. Leave it for 15 minute then wash it off with cold water. You can use face scrub if required.
  •  A combination of 1/4 tsp vegetable essential oil, 1/4 tsp lemon juice & 1 tsp  honey works perfectly as a facial toner. Mix all of the ingredients well, apply this mixture on your face. Leave it for 10 minute & wash off with lukewarm water. Try this toner to acquire radiant and youthful skin.
  •  Take 1 tsp  milk, add 1 tsp honey & 1 complete egg to it. Mix all the ingredients together and apply it on your face. Leave it for to 10 to 15 minute then wash it off with cold water.

If your skin is sensitive to any of the above component please stop using that ingredient/remedy.

Best home remedies to remove the acne scars, acne marks, acne spots

Are you looking out for productive remedies to heal acne blemishes? If yes then read further.

While there are some cosmetic therapies that could be done to remove acne scars yet these remedies do not guarantee any permanent results. With that being said there are some house-hold remedies that has proven to work slowly and steadily on these scars. These remedies not just help in removing the scars but also help you from keeping away from it.

Here are some of the best  home remedies for Acne Scars:
  • Fenugreek is a productive ingredient to heal acne scars. You can make a paste out of fenugreek leaves and use it as a face mask. You can even boil Fenugreek seeds, also known as Methi seeds, blend them in a fine paste and store it in a cool place.  Use this paste on acne blemishes, leave it on for 15-20 mins and wash it with cool water.
  • Apply Lemon juice on your acne scars with a cotton pad. Leave it on the affected area for a while, let your skin absorb the lemon juice, and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Lemon juice acts as a natural bleach in improving the appearance of dark acne scars and blemishes by lightening them.
  •  Sandalwood and rosewater paste is another remedy that can be utilized as a facial mask and can be directly applied on the scarred area. Leave the paste on for more than an hour(leave it overnight if you can). After that wash of the mask completely using cold water. This is proven to be an effective method to  treat acne blemish.
  • Olive oil is truly a miracle substance that helps in nourishing your skin. Regular application of Olive oil not just helps in decreasing acne scars but also helps from future breakouts.  Massage the oil on affected parts of your skin every day. It has moisturizing properties that soften the texture of your skin and reduce the prominence of your acne scars.
  • Cucumber is great in keeping the skin smooth and supple. Many distinct cosmetic beauty products often have cucumber as a key ingredient in it. Furthermore Indian gooseberry lotions and creams are apt for reducing acne scaring and outbreaks.
  •  Choose lightweight, non-greasy, oil free cosmetics. There are a range of make up products that helps effectively in covering the acne scars temporarily.
  •  Tea tree oil is a great ingredient to reduce the  acne scars. This oil is imported from Australia and is widely used for healing acne scars and furthermore prevents any outbreaks in the future.
  •  Most of them also use ice cubes to get rid of their acne blemishes at home. Wrap  an ice cube in a cotton cloth and rub it on the affected areas for 10 to 15 minutes every day. This should reduce the inflammation on your skin, thereby helping in make it  smoother. This is one of the best natural acne remedy.
  •  Aloe Vera is a routinely used natural remedy to decrease acne blemishes. The Aloe Vera plants are well known for their magical proficiency to help mend scars and cuts. Aloe Vera juice is  widely used in healing acne scars as well as  fight breakouts. By applying Aloe Vera  juice regularly on the affected area  helps in toning the skin color.

THE HERITAGE OF ARTISTRY

The heritage of the ARTISTRY brand started in the 1950’s with an entrepreneurial husband and wife team who went beyond boundaries to bring together science, nutrition and art to inspire revolutionary beauty breakthroughs. Today, ARTISTRY is still leading the way with the most scientifically advanced beauty solutions making it one of the world’s top five premium skincare brands. *

*Source Euromonitor International Limited; Beauty and Personal Care 2011, premium cosmetics and premium skincare category and subcategory; global 2010 value RSP.

THE INGREDIENTS OF SUCCESS

From the rare fruits of the African plains to the potent botanicals of the Mediterranean shores, ARTISTRY finds the earth’s prized ingredients for superior skincare and anti-aging treatments. The ingredients are then rigorously tested to deliver on what they promise.

African Boabab Fruit: Searching for the world’s precious ingredients, ARTISTRY uncovered the rare extract from the African Baobab Fruit, rich in antioxidants and proven to protect skin’s vibrancy.

Lifesirt Mediterranean Botanical: Imagining how to take anti-aging to new lengths, ARTISTRY brings LifeSirt, a life-extending Mediterranean botanical extract, to help skin resist the signs of aging and reprogram skin’s future for a dramatically youthful look.

Micro-X6 Peptide: ARTISTRY invents what’s next in anti-aging technology with the invention of our exclusive Micro-X6 Peptide, a hexapeptide that repairs skin protein damage. Its six amino acids increase natural collagen activity** and target wrinkles for smoother-looking skin now and into the future.

THE SCIENCE OF FORWARD BEAUTY

Our cosmetics offer advanced comprehensive foundation shades and modern, sophisticated color palettes. From skincare to color cosmetics, ARTISTRY discoveries bring your beauty forward, further than ever thought possible.

The inventive nature of his work brings to ARTISTRY the best, most forward-reaching technologies proven to make its beauty and skincare products highly effective.

from

http://www.artistry.com/about-us

THE HERITAGE OF ARTISTRY

The heritage of the ARTISTRY brand started in the 1950’s with an entrepreneurial husband and wife team who went beyond boundaries to bring together science, nutrition and art to inspire revolutionary beauty breakthroughs. Today, ARTISTRY is still leading the way with the most scientifically advanced beauty solutions making it one of the world’s top five premium skincare brands. *

*Source Euromonitor International Limited; Beauty and Personal Care 2011, premium cosmetics and premium skincare category and subcategory; global 2010 value RSP.

THE INGREDIENTS OF SUCCESS

From the rare fruits of the African plains to the potent botanicals of the Mediterranean shores, ARTISTRY finds the earth’s prized ingredients for superior skincare and anti-aging treatments. The ingredients are then rigorously tested to deliver on what they promise.

African Boabab Fruit: Searching for the world’s precious ingredients, ARTISTRY uncovered the rare extract from the African Baobab Fruit, rich in antioxidants and proven to protect skin’s vibrancy.

Lifesirt Mediterranean Botanical: Imagining how to take anti-aging to new lengths, ARTISTRY brings LifeSirt, a life-extending Mediterranean botanical extract, to help skin resist the signs of aging and reprogram skin’s future for a dramatically youthful look.

Micro-X6 Peptide: ARTISTRY invents what’s next in anti-aging technology with the invention of our exclusive Micro-X6 Peptide, a hexapeptide that repairs skin protein damage. Its six amino acids increase natural collagen activity** and target wrinkles for smoother-looking skin now and into the future.

THE SCIENCE OF FORWARD BEAUTY

Our cosmetics offer advanced comprehensive foundation shades and modern, sophisticated color palettes. From skincare to color cosmetics, ARTISTRY discoveries bring your beauty forward, further than ever thought possible.

The inventive nature of his work brings to ARTISTRY the best, most forward-reaching technologies proven to make its beauty and skincare products highly effective.

from

http://www.artistry.com/about-us

@epicus wow u did some research

• 5 months later...
Guest oatmeal

I wash my face with oatmeal every morning and exfoliate with baking soda once a week, lol.

how u handle the mess from those oatmeat?  the cleaning up and all that?...every morning?.seriously? no need to rush for work or sch? or got maid to help u clean up the mess?

wat if i use those products sold by amway agent...anything goes wrong, who am i suppose to go after? the agent or amway or artistry?

Look up the distributor who sold you the product first. If you are still not satisfied, look for Amway. Artistry is now an Amway brand for its skincare and cosmetic line. They have a Satisfaction Guarantee policy for their daily items. Amway Singapore is at Jalan Kilang Timor.

Edited by qedcwc

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Guest Guest

many ppl buy comestics because of the marketing n branding. they get sucked up by it.

i use Badger organic Damascus Rose Face Oil brought from Unity pharmacy as night moisturiser. so far so good.