Male HQ

Advice On Male Skin Care - Acne Product / Body Lotion / Moisturizer / Face Wash (Compiled)

A scrub contains very small beads that are responsible for clearing out the dirt in the pores. The beads should not have any sharp ends that may damage the skin further. Furthermore, a scrub gel should be pH-compatible with the skin, i.e. weak acidic or pH 5.5. I’m personally using Artistry essentials Polishing Scrub which contains jojoba beads from the jojoba plant itself. ;)

LOL thanks! I dunno where to get Artistry Essentials, so I went to buy the St Ive's Apricot scrub. But the Artistry essential range looks quite good. Maybe i'll try those out next time!

Guest Lampar

Wah lao... Strivectin is expensive stuff.

I use:

Gatsby triple scrub

L'oreal exfoliating scrub with AHA and beads

Hada Labo essence

Elishacoy ice herb whitening drop

Body Shop Vitamin E eye cream

Guardian exfoliating gel (purple tube)

Boots cucumber eye gel from Bangkok (I put this over my entire face when I'm tired)

我的美丽日记 masks

wow, let you WIN lor

LOL thanks! I dunno where to get Artistry Essentials, so I went to buy the St Ive's Apricot scrub. But the Artistry essential range looks quite good. Maybe i'll try those out next time!

U may PM me for further enquiries. :)

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Guest imseeker

Btw for people using those Taiwan-made sheet masks, stick firmly to the 15-20 min ruling. Don't be like me and put it overnight, resulting in a red face with allergies in the morning.

If you stick to the 15-20 min ruling, the masks are actually quite good. My fave is 美丽日记's black pearl mask (brightening).

Yes, in a way i am blessed. But still no defense against aging.

To be more specific, below are the items i use now:

1. Biotherm Homme Force Supreme for the face

2. Biotherm Homme Force Supreme for the eyes area

3. Biotherm Skin Vivo

I usually just apply it after i shower in the morning as i get ready for work.

No toning or cleansing or moisturizer. Although because i fly very frequently, sometimes i apply moisturizer when i fly as it gets very dry.

Damn, i sound so woman.

yes, i'm using d 'force supreme' series too, only some items. love d exfoliater, For cleansing, i use cheaper (but good) product-loreal menexpert.No side effects.

Wah lao... Strivectin is expensive stuff.

I use:

Gatsby triple scrub

L'oreal exfoliating scrub with AHA and beads

Hada Labo essence

Elishacoy ice herb whitening drop

Body Shop Vitamin E eye cream

Guardian exfoliating gel (purple tube)

Boots cucumber eye gel from Bangkok (I put this over my entire face when I'm tired)

我的美丽日记 masks

wallau, different brands for differrent purpose..blur sia

Guest imseeker

wallau, different brands for differrent purpose..blur sia

LOL, I used to be into researching beauty products (just like qedcwc) in the past, now I just go to Guardian and Watsons and see what's new.

Depends on individual. In fact, I don't scrub or exfoliate at all because if I do, I will surely have a break out.

my skin never break when i exfoliate. no wonder my fren always say 'u damn thick skin one..'

LOL, I used to be into researching beauty products (just like qedcwc) in the past, now I just go to Guardian and Watsons and see what's new.

Dun simply anyhow use.... :)

281757_2123931371687_1047947780_2402552_4325734_n.jpg

Full article

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

just a note for beginners.

it doesn't mean a product is the best when it's the most expensive.

it boils down to finding a suitable product after numerous tries and diligently keeping to a regime.

for younger folks, do not start using expensive anti-aging products. your skin may not have to take such "high-level" ingredients as yet.

if you do start feeding them with the good stuff, normal products may be useless in the future.

I have rather oily skin. Tried lots of products and even seen a Derm for years. I gave up eventually and live with it. :D

Still having my oily skin, but i do take note of a few basics:

1) Wash - Wash your face thorougly. One doesn't need something too strong but sufficient to cleanse off the dirt.

2) Toner - Subjective. Some may swear by it while others may avoid totally.

3) Moisturizer - It's a must, even for the oily skin. Everyone skin requires moisture.

4) Sunblock - It's a must too! Sunblock is a daily must. The sun takes a break on cloudy days, but UVA/UVB works daily.

The pros & cons of having oily skin - less wrinkles but more outbreaks. :lol:

I disagree with you. When we are younger, our skin is firm and in a top condition. Using expensive anti aging product might be too rich for our skin. not only a wastage but might cause breakout. Most of the product will be renewed or revamped every one to two years and the ingredient will be improved. Our skin will not immune to it because the formula have been changed. We don't usually use a same product range for many years simply because our skin age and we need to find another more suitable range that cater to the change of our skin. Anti aging should start after 25. I agreed not all expensive product works wonder. Find somethings that suits yr skin is the most important consideration.

just a note for beginners.

it boils down to finding a suitable product after numerous tries and diligently keeping to a regime.

for younger folks, do not start using expensive anti-aging products. your skin may not have to take such "high-level" ingredients as yet.

if you do start feeding them with the good stuff, normal products may be useless in the future.

Edited by TPY1314

Hey... was wondering if anyone can suggest a good acne scar remover? I'm using Garnier's spot on roll on.... and it seems to be working only for fresh acne... I've got some really dark acne scars (from 1 week old to few months old) on my forehead, and they just refuse to disappear.... :ph34r:

Hey... was wondering if anyone can suggest a good acne scar remover? I'm using Garnier's spot on roll on.... and it seems to be working only for fresh acne... I've got some really dark acne scars (from 1 week old to few months old) on my forehead, and they just refuse to disappear.... :ph34r:

Dark acne scars that are oledi formed for some time do not go away.

The most you can probably do is to get a proper and suitable skincare regime/product line and take a diet that is vitamin C-rich to lighten them... and also a product that helps to make your acne/pimples go away.

Note: Vitamin C is known to be a skin lightener, thus the reason for some skincare products to contain vitamin C in it

Guest imseeker

Curious, are most of your skins quite fair? Any managed to get tanned even with sunscreen on?

Yes, my skin can be described as 晶莹剔透...

Curious, are most of your skins quite fair? Any managed to get tanned even with sunscreen on?

Tan is becos d production of melanin in reaction to prolonged exposure to sunlight.

In logical sense, melanin is meant to protect the skin.

Sunscreen is juz to delay ageing and damage of skin due to the UV rays in the sunlight, such as wrinkles.

I personally think one can get relatively good complexion even with tan.

The idea is to stick to a regime that ensures skin health from inside-out. :)

agreed. most expensive doesn't mean good for you.

for me, i use Neutrogena Men® Invigorating Face Wash

and i find it works for me.

Guest imseeker

Okay, I finally succumbed to temptation and got L'oreal's whitening eye cream and eye massager pen (the one endorsed by Fan Bingbing), which costs $34.90 at Guardian/Watsons.

(Friend tells me Swanston at Chinatown is selling at $30.90, so there you go...)

You have to apply the eye cream first and let it absorb into your eye area, then use the battery-operated eye massager pen massage 5 points around your lower eye area for 2-3 seconds each (making 10+ seconds).

I just used it once and it's far too early to review its effectiveness, but hopefully the battery in the eye massager pen lasts long enough for me to use it with my Body Shop Vitamin E eye cream and other eye gels I have. :lol:

hopefully can have FBB's eyes tomorrow morning, LOL! :lol:

oh im pretty certain you're hotter than her :twisted:

heh and actually i bought this garnier caffeine roll-on eye pen thing when i was over at paris, but I really can't remember why I bought something like this. maybe i'll start using it tomorrow lol.

edit: heck i just opened it and used it. the ball bearing part's like cold. hmm pretty interesting and my eyes do seem more awake. maybe it's psychological <_<

Edited by slut

Guest imseeker

oh im pretty certain you're hotter than her :twisted:

heh and actually i bought this garnier caffeine roll-on eye pen thing when i was over at paris, but I really can't remember why I bought something like this. maybe i'll start using it tomorrow lol.

LOL, is this the one you have?

FzBf4.jpg

I have it too!!

edit: yeah the ball bearing's supposed to be cold, it's better that way, contracts the blood vessels in your eye area and reduces puffiness...

Edited by imseeker

Guest imseeker

mine's the one with caffeine :D

1249645021_garnier%20caffeine.jpg

ahh OK! :lol: That eye pen of mine is good as a temporary perk-up but frankly it doesn't quite work on either eye bags or dark circles. :huh:

ahh OK! :lol: That eye pen of mine is good as a temporary perk-up but frankly it doesn't quite work on either eye bags or dark circles. :huh:

oh gosh so it's only temporary ah? i dunno leh, but the effect's pretty good, i just checked with my hp camera lol. my eye's are at least 2.5 times more awake now.

Juz for info sharing.... :)

Edited by qedcwc

Basically using this range currently.... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l55dkZq84nE&feature=related

Edited by qedcwc

Guest imseeker

You drink only filtered water and use Artistry's scientific skincare regime... no wonder you have such glowing skin and people mistake you, a 26 year old, for a secondary school boy. Hee :lol:

You drink only filtered water and use Artistry's scientific skincare regime... no wonder you have such glowing skin and people mistake you, a 26 year old, for a secondary school boy. Hee :lol:

Funny that u mention that.

My colleagues were talking about water filters this afternoon and I juz basically listened to wat they were saying.

One colleague said she is basically giving her toddler now water direct from the tap thru d filter which she has to change its filter every 4 months, costing like 100 bucks for each change.

Another colleague told her that wat she's basically using may not even destory bacteria, in the wake of possible contaminated drinking water due to corpses found in water tanks (no offense :ph34r:)

I was like smug myself deep inside: Luckily i got something that removes dirt, particles, chlorine, DEHP and even destroys microorganisms! And I spent less than her to change a filter onli once a year in comparison to the total of her changing thrice in a year! :lol:

I dun have so much of glowing skin.

I took to tanning at the swimming pool on almost a weekly basis now.

But at least my pimples dun break out as often as they used to when I was in sec sch.... ;)

Edited by qedcwc

Funny that u mention that.

My colleagues were talking about water filters this afternoon and I juz basically listened to wat they were saying.

One colleague said she is basically giving her toddler now water direct from the tap thru d filter which she has to change its filter every 4 months, costing like 100 bucks for each change.

Another colleague told her that wat she's basically using may not even destory bacteria, in the wake of possible contaminated drinking water due to corpses found in water tanks (no offense :ph34r:)

I was like smug myself deep inside: Luckily i got something that removes dirt, particles, chlorine, DEHP and even destroys microorganisms! And I spent less than her to change a filter onli once a year in comparison to the total of her changing thrice in a year! :lol:

I dun have so much of glowing skin.

I took to tanning at the swimming pool on almost a weekly basis now.

But at least my pimples dun break out as often as they used to when I was in sec sch.... ;)

Actually tanning is one of the worst things you can do to your face. You can buy the most expensive products but if it will be quite futile if you have sun damage. Of course everyone needs the sun so that our bodies can make vitamin D but tanning is a huge no-no if you want great skin, imo.

Trust me, this from a formerly sun-loving someone who had to have a cancerous speck removed from his body. It aint worth it. I though it wont happen to me. But it did.

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

Actually tanning is one of the worst things you can do to your face. You can buy the most expensive products but if it will be quite futile if you have sun damage. Of course everyone needs the sun so that our bodies can make vitamin D but tanning is a huge no-no if you want great skin, imo.

Trust me, this from a formerly sun-loving someone who had to have a cancerous speck removed from his body. It aint worth it. I though it wont happen to me. But it did.

well, that's exactly the reason why daytime moisturizers come with SPF (Sun Protection Factor against UVB rays) and PA (protection against UVA rays), isnt it?

skin researchers have pointed out that the actual optimum time required for exposure to sunlight to synthesize vitamin D in the human body is actually only 10-15 minutes

so regardless whether u tan or not, u're gonna be exposed to the sun anyhow

which is why daytime moisturizers come with SPF and PA (could be PA+, PA++ or PA+++ depending on the R&D of d product)

plus as u would've heard from d video i shared up thr, my moisturizer comes wif an exclusive patented Aura of Protection, which extends to on and above the skin surface ;)

i dun tan that long, juz for like half an hour, and onli once a week, cos i hate sweating too much

i had a bad experience during a Red Crescent (equiv of Red Cross in Malaysia) camp in sec sch, when i was setting up the tent under the hot sun all day and my whole body was peeling off like a snake later in d evening... eww.... :wacko: (except my face ofcos):lol:

and i tend to cover half of my face with another towel, leaving my nose n mouth to breathe, cos my eyes can't stand the glaring sunlight, even if they are closed. :)

anyway, thanks for the reminder. i will keep in mind... appreciate it :thumb:

Edited by qedcwc

Guest imseeker

well, that's exactly the reason why daytime moisturizers come with SPF (Sun Protection Factor against UVB rays) and PA (protection against UVA rays), isnt it?

I've heard of SPF but not PA... Generally I don't use moisturisers with sunblock as they tend to be thicker and have a certain smell that I associate with sunblock lotions for use by the poolside. I just use a normal lighter moisturiser and try to stay out of the sun especially if it's too hot.

I've heard of SPF but not PA... Generally I don't use moisturisers with sunblock as they tend to be thicker and have a certain smell that I associate with sunblock lotions for use by the poolside. I just use a normal lighter moisturiser and try to stay out of the sun especially if it's too hot.

Actually this is one thing why i nvr liked going near the skincare and cosmetics section in shopping malls cos they r juz too heavy, no less than the kind of smell many synthetic chemicals would emit. Luckily mine dun smell anywhere like those, esp i've a sensitive nose. ;)

skin researchers have pointed out that the actual optimum time required for exposure to sunlight to synthesize vitamin D in the human body is actually only 10-15 minutes

so regardless whether u tan or not, u're gonna be exposed to the sun anyhow

which is why daytime moisturizers come with SPF and PA (could be PA+, PA++ or PA+++ depending on the R&D of d product)

plus as u would've heard from d video i shared up thr, my moisturizer comes wif an exclusive patented Aura of Protection, which extends to on and above the skin surface ;)

i dun tan that long, juz for like half an hour, and onli once a week, cos i hate sweating too much

i had a bad experience during a Red Crescent (equiv of Red Cross in Malaysia) camp in sec sch, when i was setting up the tent under the hot sun all day and my whole body was peeling off like a snake later in d evening... eww.... :wacko: (except my face ofcos):lol:

and i tend to cover half of my face with another towel, leaving my nose n mouth to breathe, cos my eyes can't stand the glaring sunlight, even if they are closed. :)

anyway, thanks for the reminder. i will keep in mind... appreciate it :thumb:

Oh trust me. I used to do lotsa watersports and used waterproof sunblock. And still it happened. Shit happens, really.

1. SEACRET PURIFYING PEELING MILK

http://www.seacretspa.com/facial-peeling-milk

SHISEIDO WHITE LUCENT RANGE

2. SOFTENER

Hydrates skin / Enhances the benefits of following skincare

3. INTENSIVE SPOT TARGETING SERUM

Intensively diminishes dark spots

What do you mean? Are you saying we should stop using it?

Yes. It got in contact w your acne, got contaminated and rolling over will just worsen your problem area.

That's what happened to my skin when I used Clarin's roll-on Blemish Control stick. Was told that their rolling ball contains alcohol that could kill germs as you roll over.. bullshits.

Oh gosh... That's what they claim.. alcohol kills the bacteria... and I thought there's hope for my acne scars....... :wacko:

So what's the solution here? I tried going for facials, and all these boutique try to do is to pressure me to sign up with their package... which after so many months - do not work at all!!

Anyone has success stories to share?

Guest Guest333

I have read that it is a No No to apply on night moisturiser as it opens up your pores and attarct dirt onto the face at night. Instead , it seems that one must wash the face before sleeping.

On the other hand, there is also a saying that night cream is importnat to keep the skin smooth and soft.

Which is the right school of thought?