Male HQ

Pink Dot Event Discussion (2007 to Present Day) (compiled)

reflection

I attend pink dot for the past 2 years and nobody check my IC. I guess it would be a big waste of manpower and money to check ten of thousands of people. Hong Lim Park will be so packed that u will have to push through people. I guess police are not so retard to do that.

Will the pink dot event be cancelled as the haze will last for the next few weeks as per news?

6 hours ago – Singapore PM says haze from Indonesia fires may last for weeks ... At 1 p.m. local time, Singapore's pollution standards index (PSI) soared to a new high of ... The top PSI readings in Singapore over the past two days have ...

Edited by Crumpler

tumblr_ml7jw7V37B1qkremvo1_500.gif

tumblr_lqnl37K9su1qdhg8xo1_400.gif

浜崎あゆみ - 福冈市

I dont think got any indoor area can withstand more than 10 thousands people coming. Maybe this year change to a showing of pink face mask lol

Guest Hello Haze

Maybe the organiser should postpone Pinkdot or at least plan now for an alternative date and announce something asap like- "Just in case the haze persist, Pinkdot will be postponed to _____ (date). Please check for further announcement."

There will bound to be lesser number of people attending if bad haze happen when the event takes place therefore not projecting the figures of supporters accurately. Moreover, many are planning to go with their loved ones such as older parents and younger children who will most likely be less tolerance to the haze.

Some of my friends are actually flying over from overseas to attend Pink Dot... But the haze situation is really bad now and it's just a week+ to the event. Anyhow, here's what Pink Dot committee posted on their FB page:

"Concerned about the haze? So are we. While Pink Dot is set to take place only next weekend, we are closely monitoring the situation in the lead-up. While we do feel it is important for us to continue standing up for the Freedom to Love, we are also mindful of the welfare and wellness of all our great supporters who have tirelessly stood with us all these years.

Please watch this space for further developments. We do hope that the situation clears in time for all of us to celebrate 'Home'."

Guest Guest

i suggest they hold it at year end during the festive season when lots of love and joy is in the air ... i think many more people will attend with everyone in a relaxed and happy mood.

Guest Guest

i suggest they hold it at year end during the festive season when lots of love and joy is in the air ... i think many more people will attend with everyone in a relaxed and happy mood.

yea good suggestion.....or during national day period.....rmb last time Nation party? :B)

hope by august no more liao....

Are you a full-time teacher or school counsellor at a local school under the Ministry of Education; or a student of a local secondary school, junior college, ITE or polytechnic?

Then come down to Pink Dot on 29 June to collect a free copy of the book "I Will Survive: Personal gay, lesbian, bisexual & transgender stories in Singapore."

Click here or the picture below to find out more.

twins-1.jpg?w=640

Edited by hitchcube

Finally! One more day to Pink Dot (: 

I have some friends who want to attend but are afraid to. I know how hard it can be to be at venues like this and I know that not everyone is ready to be seen out there. But I just want to say that Pink Dot was a really touching experience for me. For once every year, we get to see people from all different backgrounds, straight or gay, queer or confused, gathered together to celebrate diversity. It really is pretty heartwarming! So if you're afraid, it's okay. Maybe just pop by or just stroll pass HLP. You'll get to feel the energy and you'll know for sure that you're not that alone (: 

Guest Guest

I initially did but then had to cancel due to a biz trip. And now biz trip is cancelled but didn't feel like rebooking again. It's not cheap haha

such a pity, we could have met up in the hotel. :rolleyes:

Still having second thoughts about going down alone.

Y have second thoughts going down alone?

Anyway, I cld not get the pink paper, now got torchlight but no pink paper. Haha.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Why Pink Dot is Home

You might be reading this in the comfort of your home, on the MRT or bus, or just wishing you had some place you could go where it’s really home: a place where you’re taken seriously, where you can connect with someone honestly, where you can decide what you want to do, and where you feel safe. Above all, home should also be where you belong, where you’re accepted, and where you feel love and are loved.

For those who believe in having a place that you can truly call home, come down to Pink Dot and make yourselves comfortable, because everyone present truly wants to be there.

For many who may not yet be ready to come out to those around you as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, it’s OK. Come home to Pink Dot, for you will find acceptance among many like you, and many others who are different from you, because that’s OK too.

You can read the full article here.

Guest Guest

Y have second thoughts going down alone?

Anyway, I cld not get the pink paper, now got torchlight but no pink paper. Haha.

are u going to dressed up as an alien? :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

hehe....a place to find bf too and I think I found one today...hope to hear from him after we exchange number. smile.gif

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  "find a bf there", is that silently in most people minds?

Everything went as planned.. just like a school concert// BORING to the max..

No humour, no touching stories.. just one singing item after another.

Worst, the ending was terrible...

21000 people waited impatiently for 15 mins in the heat and/or haze.. just to let the 3 ambassadors talked talked and talked non-stop... next time, inject the speeches during the concert...

It is more like a carnival...

One good thing: I met a current NMP there.. she was with her son.

We waited for 15 mins and was told that there was no more ice-cream..

What a disappointment!

Guest Guest

Everything went as planned.. just like a school concert// BORING to the max..

No humour, no touching stories.. just one singing item after another.

Worst, the ending was terrible...

21000 people waited impatiently for 15 mins in the heat and/or haze.. just to let the 3 ambassadors talked talked and talked non-stop... next time, inject the speeches during the concert...

It is more like a carnival...

One good thing: I met a current NMP there.. she was with her son.

We waited for 15 mins and was told that there was no more ice-cream..

What a disappointment!

So what improvement do u wanna see? More ice cream and hot male dancers?

So what improvement do u wanna see? More ice cream and hot male dancers?

Do you have the balls to give constructive comments?

Were you there in the first place...

No it is not the extras but the core programme...

The message this year isnt as clear as the first 2 years...

Did anyone feel that Mark Richmond was so 'out of place' in the first ten minutes?

Guest Guest

STFU.. I dont need your comments...

Be constructive...

aunty, you complain everything is very constructive hor.

How much you paid to be entertained, invite you on stage for gogo aunty pingpong ball show.

Guest Guest

aunty, you complain everything is very constructive hor.

How much you paid to be entertained, invite you on stage for gogo aunty pingpong ball show.

auntie living the high life so expect quality....and the best.......u dun be rude to her ok..... :P

• G_M changed the title to Pink Dot Event Discussion (2007 to Present Day) (compiled)
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.