Male HQ

Pink Dot Event Discussion (2007 to Present Day) (compiled)

reflection

Guest Dreamer

A few of my friends wanted to go but didn't because they were afraid to get spotted. I feel the same too.

No worries. I had the same thot before I join the Pink dot in 2011. Theres lots of str8 ppl in the crowd too. They are there to support. You might bump into some flings or old flames or frens....but I think tats fine.

Guest Little Twinkle

Your avatar looks like a cute pink galaxy instead of a pink dot! Love it!

People thought it was his pink faux diamonds underwear.

1st time for both meeting up with a group of plu friends and participating the pink dot event. Upon reaching there, I was quite anxious and embarrassing. Supposedly to have 4 ppl (in total) in my group but one of them left quite early so I was there with another couple... felt a bit awkward and uneasy... like dunno wut to do and dunno what to talk about.

Nevertheless, it's quite a new experience and I felt something growing in my heart when I saw people dancing together regardless races, genders and sexuality. Somehow it reminded me of an Olympics music event I participated many years ago in Bushan=)

I'm learning to adapt myself to this community. Hopefully I can be more open and get to see more nice and fun ppl in future:)

I honestly think the event was successful due in part it was at night and not in broad daylight. You know some of our brother (or sisters) are still in the closet so a little darkness is some comfort.

I've participated in a Pride events abroad and I'd say this one had more heart. So please, no Gay Pride Parade! =)

A few of my friends wanted to go but didn't because they were afraid to get spotted. I feel the same too.

There are 15000 pple there and sure to have lots of str8 pple, familes and kids there to support the event. SO even got spotted or bump onto friends also no need to be scare of. It is a event for pple to gather to support the freedom of love, whether u r gay or str8. Hopefully next year will become 20000 pple or even more!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Personally I think Pink Dot this year pretty successful. It is more of a family-friendly event, where you can picnic (if you can find a place lol), watch concert and performance, see celebrities, visit the booths with free goodies, takes lots of photos, and form a night time pink dot. It is kinda fun when you think about it.

I hope this event will be one of Singapore signature yearly event where it may even attract a lot of tourists to attend as well. Too bad the park don't allow foreigners to take part in the "protest".

https://merlinsfolio.wordpress.com/

https://medium.com/@merlincheng
"On the Internet, no one knows you are a cat."

1. TheOnlineCitizen has a reporting of PinkDot here.

2. They have a lot of photos of the event on their Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151075025651383.492653.14440041382&type=3

3. Guys go upload and share your photos in this thread

like Azorius @ http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=31356&st=150#entry438337

PS: Instruction to link to photos can be found @ http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=12510

tumblr_m6g14eC8nm1qeepodo1_250.jpg

tumblr_m6g14eC8nm1qeepodo2_250.jpg

tumblr_m6g14eC8nm1qeepodo3_250.jpg

tumblr_m6g14eC8nm1qeepodo4_250.jpg

Here's the ones I took, the high res versions are at my blog. Next year must take more photos! :D

My friend took a photo of that dressed up princess cat that one of the cat owner bought, it was so cute! :P

This year Pinkdot was certainly better organised and well attended. I couldnt find my gang of friends who were supposed to meet up, luckily i ended up with another gang and had a great time. Though it was quite humid, it was not as bad as compared to the past session which held during the day time. We stayed on after the light up and surprised there was a jam session when the DJ spinned the popular hits. We danced and cheered happily as this was a nite to remember. Well done!

Guest guest

The tv got reported pink dot news- channel 8at sat evening? Didn't see any news in main newspapers too. With 15 thousands crowd, this event should be quite mentionable

From what I saw it was mostly online coverage on today online and CNA. A lot online also from overseas sources and gay star news.

I'm very proud that pink dot is starting to garner a lot of corporate support from sponsors such as google and Barclays. I think I even saw people from deutsche bank. A lot of employers starting to realise the importance of diversity at the workplace! Hope pink dot 2013 will draw more people and get more regconition for LGBT rights!

Was at tantric for after party w my lesbian friends! So much rainbow pride over the weekend:D

Brian Kinney (Queer as Folk) - There's only two kinds of straight people in this world: The ones that hate you to your face... and the ones that hate you behind your back.

I think the problem with holding it in other places is due to the Hong Lim Park 'free-for-all' rule, even though Pink Dot is technically not a demonstration, it is treated as such, that is why there is no police or crazy antI-gay people counter-protesting (or maybe they are just lazy, i dunno, most Singaporeans are lazy to physically protest anything in the first place!).

So it would sorta go against the law if they hold Pink Dot elsewhere. I personally find there is a lot of grey area the organizers might need to settle.

At the very least there is actually still some space to stand and even seat if you know where to look... They should bring a giant projector IMO.

Edited by merlinkun

At the very least there is actually still some space to stand and even seat if you know where to look... They should bring a giant projector IMO.

Agree! I find it a pain in the ass having to raise my head as high as possible, my physical elasticity permitting. With a gigantic projector, it would be easier!

안녕하세요.

Guest mature enuf

Started in Singapore, Pink Dot events occurred in Malaysia, Alaska, NYC, London, Japan, Philippines, Hong Kong, and of course, Montreal

Guest Guest

My friends and I won't be attending this year's Pink Dot.

In fact we never quite like such event.

Simply because it is just another staged show

While we want the world to accept our rights to exist and to love who we want to love, but among us, esp the gays, we can't even accept each other's differences.

The less preferred are often shunned, obtracized, or if not mocked by groups who think and judged them as ugly and inferior.

The minority, who are also less preferred, are often judged by their race, skin colour, ethnic group or even religion.

I don't have to say much because if you were to scroll through most the threads, such conflicts are manifesting almost every moment.

We are only humans, thus we will have our preferences, but only if we could accept such differences.

There maybe differences, but these differences doesn't need to oppose fiercely.

You already know there is a saying

" People will only love you, if you can start to love yourself first"

Translate it on a much higher and larger scale, the outsiders, will only start to love and respect us gays, only if we start to accept , and respect each other's differences among ourselves first, without the essense of hate or even violence to exist

Don't be offended its just a thought from me.

Enjoy yourself people.......

Seriously?? Are u joking?? As an independent observer at this site for many years, with no affiliation to any other registered member here, I find you to be one of the most (actually I think the most by a wide margin) intolerant person here. U are quick to dismiss and attack anyone who has a different view and frequently, without any hint of moderation or self restraint, would pounce on and errorise anyone who dares speak up against you, frequently resorting to low level methods such as name callings, insulting people's intelligence and integrity and even their parents.

What an irony, your posting about not tolerating differences.

Seriously?? Are u joking?? As an independent observer at this site for many years, with no affiliation to any other registered member here, I find you to be one of the most (actually I think the most by a wide margin) intolerant person here. U are quick to dismiss and attack anyone who has a different view and frequently, without any hint of moderation or self restraint, would pounce on and errorise anyone who dares speak up against you, frequently resorting to low level methods such as name callings, insulting people's intelligence and integrity and even their parents.

What an irony, your posting about not tolerating differences.

If you like to think me as such, good for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Does this year have it?

Eukay B. As - if I were to find a perfect guy, it's almost impossible. And if you were to find me as your perfect person, it's almost impossible too. Someone have to give way, start loving each other now. <p>

My friend (a girl) and I have decided to participate in this year's Pink Dot event. Hopefully there's one this year.

It's funny, we're just having a casual conversation and for some reason, we came out to each other and we immediately decided to "celebrate our coming out" at the Pink Dot event this year. So excited! :)

===================================================================
homophobia is NOT a phobia. 
you are not scared. you're just being an a-hole!
===================================================================

I N S T A G R A M  |   F L I C K R  |  T U M B L R  

love-smiley-086.gif

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to get in touch with people (LGBT or LGBT-friendly) to interview for a feature article on Pink Dot & families.

Are you:

- LGBT & have been to Pink Dot with a family member (who is either LGBT or straight)

- Straight & LGBT-friendly & went to Pink Dot with a family member (LGBT or straight)

- LGBT but you haven't been to Pink Dot before, but you would still like to talk about it

If you fit any of the descriptions above, are you keen to be interviewed?

Please get IN TOUCH HERE!

Leow Yangfa

Editor, I Will Survive

• 1 month later...

Michelle Chia, Ivan Heng and Mark Richmond come out to support the Freedom to Love as ambassadors of Pink Dot 2013. Join us all on 29 June 2013 at Hong Lim Park and make a stand for a more inclusive Singapore.

Official site: http://pinkdot.sg

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pinkdotsg

Everyone should have the freedom to love, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity. But fear, ignorance and prejudice often stand in the way. At Pink Dot, we believe the first step to overcoming these barriers is for open-minded segments of society to come together. That's why we're providing this platform for individuals, organisations and businesses to identify themselves as advocates of a more inclusive, more loving Singapore.

If you too feel that LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) people deserve to express their love just like any other Singaporean, please join us at Hong Lim Park on 29 June 2013.

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

Hey, wad do ppl actually do at pinkdot?

It's a healthy event held outdoors at honglim park where gay activist and homo friendly citizens gather round to have fun and celebrate the event together

Fattie bom bom walk down the street

Wonder tis yr the venue can hold the high no of pple at the pink dot? Seems like the pple going to pink dot is increasing!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Guest

It's a healthy event held outdoors at honglim park where gay activist and homo friendly citizens gather round to have fun and celebrate the event together

"Healthy" at the event but hook ups with new found friends after tt. It is true -_-:rolleyes:

Guest Rainbow Cupcake

Hey, wad do ppl actually do at pinkdot?

Don't do anything also can, if alone just sit in the field and do meditation. Every single members count at Hong Lim park.

Guest Guest

Don't do anything also can, if alone just sit in the field and do meditation. Every single members count at Hong Lim park.

Sit there waiting to be picked up. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I was wondering that is it possible for us all to come down and support pink dot 2013 on june 29 at Hong Lim Park? It can be a good way for us all to support one another and at the same time, getting to know each other well(instead of just ons thingy) 

Do hope to see you guys there. =)

• G_M changed the title to Pink Dot Event Discussion (2007 to Present Day) (compiled)
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.