Male HQ

1980S. The Best Years To Be Born!

sum1outhere_03

There was 5 1/4 inch of floppy before this one... Had a few, but threw away liao? :S

I doubt anyone would wanna keep that esp it takes up space. Unless if u're a collector ofcos

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Actually I still remember the day I received my 5 1/4 inch floppy disk because it contained the computer game I liked.

Pretty nostalgic actually.

floppy.jpg

I still remember getting my first CD for Age of Empires.

Loved that game very much.

But I think Age of Empires 2 is still the best.

And I'm still collecting Sims from the first pack.

Already wondering how much I invested.

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Speaking of real time strategy games, the first i ever played was Dune II. It came pre-installed in the first PC my parents ever bought! I was never good at playing strategy games (more into those early side-scrolling shoot/beat em' up RPG games) so i always fail the last mission : /

It has been like more than 15 years since i last saw or played this game, and seeing this on youtube just brings back memories of those late nights staying up playing...

That awkward moment when you say goodbye and then walk in the same direction...

Not sure if it the same, always remember collecting milk in the milk storeroom for those who ordered.. Does the 星期五周报 still exist?

I had my fair share of my maths teacher whacking the back of my head, and Chinese teacher making me stand at high altitude (table).. Was smacked silly from then.. Now abit only in the news.. Being teachers nowadays not as fun as before..

Greenroad's comment on the Friday weekly reminds me of Young Generation. Vinny the vampire , Constable Acai, Little Susie. And the various contests to join. The last page is usually Vitagen contest which require a Vitagen cap foil to be a attached.

The varied types of snacks available, Nutella in a small match box size, Choco pie, Ka-Ka , corn snack comes in a form of a cylindrical shape, about 20 cm long. paddlepop ice cream. There's a period where the ice cream sticks are in colorful plastic with holes. Is used to build or create all sorts of stuff. Ie planes, chair, robots.

And the cartoons were Starcom, M.A.S.K , Transformers, Smurfs, Visionaries.

Starcom has its cool magnets stick-on fighter planes and crew.

MASK, its vehicles has dual forms, and its projectile weapons in the form of toys

Edited by mobj

398115656.jpg

Ok, i succeeded !! A game too intelligent for a 8-10 year old kid, Herzog!!

And the other of my fav games; Thunder force 3.. with super cool music and graphics at that time..

398115658.jpg

398115659.jpg

Woot! I really love these consoles!

Edited by greenroad

----- why cant life be bigger than facing constraints and making decisions -----

Hey guyssssss. Another 1981 here. Reading thru all the nostalgic posts gives me so many beautiful memories. By the way, how many of you all was a Bookworm Club member? Hehe i was! I remember bookworm characters like Smarty, Mimi, Sam Seng, Porky, Simone and Edison. And not forgetting the Young Generation mag and Vinny the Vampire comics. Woah... 80s rulez man! :)

Hey guyssssss. Another 1981 here. Reading thru all the nostalgic posts gives me so many beautiful memories. By the way, how many of you all was a Bookworm Club member? Hehe i was! I remember bookworm characters like Smarty, Mimi, Sam Seng, Porky, Simone and Edison. And not forgetting the Young Generation mag and Vinny the Vampire comics. Woah... 80s rulez man! :)

YES! I was a bookworm club member. the stories are awesome. i think i still have the books somewhere in my cupboard. hahaha!

by the way, we should have a 1980's outing soon yeah? just simple dinner or something :)

im nice. :)

YES! I was a bookworm club member. the stories are awesome. i think i still have the books somewhere in my cupboard. hahaha! by the way, we should have a 1980's outing soon yeah? just simple dinner or something :)

LOL, I still keep my bookworm series of books.

I always read Bookworm Adventures. Kind of disappointed when they stopped publication.

There was even one time I went down for a bookworm party and they gave us a huge bowl of smarties to eat/

Every time I visited the bookstore, I made my mother buy for me those books.

That is like classic local fiction for kids.

An outing sounds great!

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

LOL, I still keep my bookworm series of books. I always read Bookworm Adventures. Kind of disappointed when they stopped publication. There was even one time I went down for a bookworm party and they gave us a huge bowl of smarties to eat/ Every time I visited the bookstore, I made my mother buy for me those books. That is like classic local fiction for kids. An outing sounds great!

But I think we're all too shy to have one??

I don't wanna organize :P But if someone do, I'd like to be there as the thread starter :P

Will you be my valentine's? :D

1986 here-- dumb tiger ;)

Omg I remember those ancient SBS buses with the huge engines you guys were discussing in the previous page. Also, remember the bus conductors who would punch out tickets for you? And I remember the bus tickets used to be huge, and in different colours- green, blue, pink, orange...

we should have a simple mini gathering and everyone could bring something memorable (photos, bus tix, etc) to share. it would be great to do so - but just that I dont think I have anything to share cos most of the stuff have been thrown away.

old photos of Singapore during the 80s would be good too :)

im nice. :)

Lol i still remember when the Internet was just heating up...

My friends were like "PRINCE! Your place got internet ar?! OK set! we after school go your house!" lol

Haha but I collected money from my friends... $3 per hour... It is the actual charge from singtel for excess usage... Rmb we only had like 20 or 30 hours free per mth... Looking at the speed of computers and Internet now I'm really surprised how we managed to stand the speeds in the past

Haha but I collected money from my friends... $3 per hour... It is the actual charge from singtel for excess usage... Rmb we only had like 20 or 30 hours free per mth... Looking at the speed of computers and Internet now I'm really surprised how we managed to stand the speeds in the past

Yea, dial-up modems. I remember my mum went ballistic on me those days, cause it was so easy to use up the free 20hours and chalk up a hefty bill.. heh.

LoL Well Mango, when you mentioned the improvements, the song "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by Daft Punk comes to mind LOL I was using what online time i had to download digimon stuffs at that time *shakeshake* BATTLE!

Oooh yes Jayy, parents were like "switch it off! SWITCH IT OFF!!"

Ahhh Im abit jealous of the 199X thread. 1980s should do the same u noe :whistle:

Jealous of what?

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Jealous of they organising a gathering.

Is it a must? I mean, even if we finally work out a gathering, and yet there's nothing much the participants can talk about, at the end of the day, it's probably less than meaningful. If a gathering is to be worked out, there ought to be a coordinator and a agenda for it. Just my two cents. ;)

Is it a must? I mean, even if we finally work out a gathering, and yet there's nothing much the participants can talk about, at the end of the day, it's probably less than meaningful. If a gathering is to be worked out, there ought to be a coordinator and a agenda for it. Just my two cents. ;)

i never say it is a must.

Ya i know organising a gathering for a forum is not simple. As non of us know each other. The only thing that worried is when pple always tends to fly kite on the last min and causes the gathering a unsuccessful. If can, I would rather make it a small group of 4-6 pple gathering going for a steam-boat meal or go for a board game, bowling and etc. Such places at least won't let the organiser a headach on the first gathering like collecting of $$, booking of places and etc...

Subsequently next gathering maybe can slowly increase the pple before coming for a gathering like BBQ or Chalet.

Edited by icy_ter

i never say it is a must.

Ya i know organising a gathering for a forum is not simple. As non of us know each other. The only thing that worried is when pple always tends to fly kite on the last min and causes the gathering a unsuccessful. If can, I would rather make it a small group of 4-6 pple gathering going for a steam-boat meal or go for a board game, bowling and etc. Such places at least won't let the organiser a headach on the first gathering like collecting of $$, booking of places and etc...

Subsequently next gathering maybe can slowly increase the pple before coming for a gathering like BBQ or Chalet.

If first gathering already go for a chalet + BBQ, I find that some of them may find if bored especially the shy type. They may feel that they are left out.

No ofcos I'm not saying that u're saying that it's a must.

It's juz that I'm getting the feeling that whenever everybody is getting all over excited talking abt some hot topic on the forum and tot they share a lot in common, then it sorta need to be turned in to a meeting or gathering or smth.

Oddly enuf, the one who suggested that may not necessarily be the one willing to organize and coordinate it.... ;)

ahh u have a point there qedcwc. Imnot much of an organiser though but if u read their thread....the outing turns out well it seems. I can see the 199X peepz are pretty....happening. Maybe our generation are pretty laid back haha xD

I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth

No ofcos I'm not saying that u're saying that it's a must.

It's juz that I'm getting the feeling that whenever everybody is getting all over excited talking abt some hot topic on the forum and tot they share a lot in common, then it sorta need to be turned in to a meeting or gathering or smth.

Oddly enuf, the one who suggested that may not necessarily be the one willing to organize and coordinate it.... ;)

haha... as i said. organizing and coordinate is not a simple job. A lot of factors got to consider of. :)

ahh u have a point there qedcwc. Imnot much of an organiser though but if u read their thread....the outing turns out well it seems. I can see the 199X peepz are pretty....happening. Maybe our generation are pretty laid back haha xD

Maybe they are still young and active for all activities? lolx...

or maybe their hormonal levels are still pretty much higher than us oldies? :lol:

We could have a simple Starbucks outing or that board games place at chinatown... forgot what it's called. But i remembered my 1st outing was there lol.

Oh and if it happens, remember to wank off before meeting to prevent hormones from interfering with rational judgement.

Edited by Prince+ve

I don't mind any meetups though.

Sounds great to me!

We could have a simple Starbucks outing or that board games place at chinatown... forgot what it's called. But i remembered my 1st outing was there lol. Oh and if it happens, remember to wank off before meeting to prevent hormones from interfering with rational judgement.

Yeah, can easily tell if we see two lovey-dovey guys go to the toilet together. :whistle:

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

This sound made me felt so fortunate than those Nintendo kids. Most happiest moment when i was a kid.

Edited by imchaser

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Mine was the Windows 3.1 crap...means i am older? lol 1987 bunny here <=)

Totally miss....

http://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics/gui/desktop/full/win31.png

http://www.wzrd.com/support/ibmpc/dialupnetwork/win3.1/settype.gif

http://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/monthly_01_2010/post-1302-1264340729125.jpg

Remember when there is Win 95/ 98, there are some weird programmes like AT&T, that was actually meant for internet connections for US?

My sister always warn me not to anyhow install programs on the internet.

And yea, remember when pxxn was only in pictures! lol.

Edited by sum1outhere_03

Will you be my valentine's? :D