Male HQ

1980S. The Best Years To Be Born!

sum1outhere_03

lol. black boards are being wiped out when I was in around pri 2.. all changed to whiteboards coz of the chalk health hazard. haha. how i wish i got an air conditioned classrm back then especially during april/may-july period.its always so hot at that point of time

Lolx den u must be young the end 80s... I'm still using blackboard in sec sch...

When I went uni was surprised they used blackboard too (the electronic one though lolx joke)

I remember my primary school used blackboards throughout my 6 years since it was an old school building.

For sec 1, I had blackboards before we moved to the new campus which had whiteboards instead.

I used to love writing with chalk though. Feels much nicer than markers that run out of ink quickly.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

That's the jumping thing right? Airplane one... There's always one in sch but sometimes it's taken up during recess so we draw our own portable one hehe

My group of hopskotch mates used to determine whose class was always first to go for recess based on the teacher.

So the earliest to go for recess would head for the hopskotch and reserve it.

Then someone will buy his meal instead.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

12111989.png

Use to play at these Dragon Playground when young. I can also remember use to play some game like catching, marbles, police & thief with friends running around the playground.

after playing, will go to the Ma-Ma shop buy this Ka-Ka tibits which cost about 10cent or 20cent.

kaka_chicken-706616.jpg

Edited by icy_ter

Guest IamPineapple
12111989.png Use to play at these Dragon Playground when young. I can also remember use to play some game like catching, marbles, police & thief with friends running around the playground. after playing, will go to the Ma-Ma shop buy this Ka-Ka tibits which cost about 10cent or 20cent. kaka_chicken-706616.jpg

Mamee still best XD they are still selling now... haha...

mine is a watermelon playground!

At Tampines huh? ;)

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

lol chalk is soooo dusty and i always cough.. but i love how it comes in all the amazing colours - pink, green, blue. hahaha. so interesting.

Lol, I thought I was the only one.. When I was a kid I used to be obsessed with new boxes of nice unotuched neatly stacked coloured chalk..I would steal some and amuse myself.

Oh yes, and country-flag erasers! Those things were the shit back in pri sch.

Hmm hvn't seen a clock one before too. But I've played and seen lots of the fruity playground kind, there's a watermelon, mangosteen, pineapple. Seen dragon one but never played one.

Regarding chalks, I like to smuggle different colours out from the boxes and bring home LOL Was a sneaky boy at that time.

I was intrigued by the dragon playground but when I was in primary school the sandy playgrounds were almost phased out.

So I ended up playing on the new series of playgrounds.

Lol, I thought I was the only one.. When I was a kid I used to be obsessed with new boxes of nice unotuched neatly stacked coloured chalk..I would steal some and amuse myself. Oh yes, and country-flag erasers! Those things were the shit back in pri sch.

Unfortunately I had that obsession too. :blink:

The multi-coloured ones especially.

I never used my country-flag erasers. You never know when someone was desperate for one you own.

Hahaha so we were all alr gay back then... Most guys dun play hopskotch right?

I didn't know hopskotch was played hardly by guys until upper primary.

Somehow I preferred netball and captain's ball to other games...

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

same same lolx.. Me also only boy who played zero pt and five stones in my grp...

And isnt netball the female version of basketball? The ball used diff only but rules diff.. Guys allowed to play netball leh? Last time I rmb boys = basketball girls = netball.. Girls not allowed to play basketball also but me not sports person so no balls for me

same same lolx.. Me also only boy who played zero pt and five stones in my grp... And isnt netball the female version of basketball? The ball used diff only but rules diff.. Guys allowed to play netball leh? Last time I rmb boys = basketball girls = netball.. Girls not allowed to play basketball also but me not sports person so no balls for me

Nah, I mean we play unofficially. Not the actual netball team or something.

I wasn't into those ball games too. Just that sometimes you get badgered to simply play by your classmates.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

omg i only have the pelican playground n the clock playground near my hse. Sadly now all gone le, the pelican playground below my hse become a garden liao >.<

i also used to play hopskotch and 5 stones n 0 point lol... But funny thing my class quite alot of guys play 0 point one together with the girls.. n always the girls will say too high liao then use 1 finger to hold the line down and jump over... then their skirt covered up then cannot see if they got touch the line or not lol.... play cheat sia lol..

1989 here, however I didn't live through the 80s period since it was the start of 90s 1 year later. There was this interesting website I found:

http://www.80smusicl...com/humor.shtml

It lists out a bunch of stuff only a real 80s kid would know. Nothing seems familiar to me here. :unsure:

For those born in 1987 onwards, this list might seem more familiar instead:

http://www.fanpop.co...e/youre-90s-kid

Yeap, I may be born in 1989 but I am a real 90s kid, I remember and recognize everything in the 2nd list. ^_^

Edited by Torrent

omg i only have the pelican playground n the clock playground near my hse. Sadly now all gone le, the pelican playground below my hse become a garden liao >.< i also used to play hopskotch and 5 stones n 0 point lol... But funny thing my class quite alot of guys play 0 point one together with the girls.. n always the girls will say too high liao then use 1 finger to hold the line down and jump over... then their skirt covered up then cannot see if they got touch the line or not lol.... play cheat sia lol..

i can totally remember the 1 finger thingy.. I managed to just 1 inch above the head, without the 1 finger.. Hahahaha

Following the success of Check-In and Check-In 2, SGRainbow is proud to bring you Check-In 3!

Are you 18-25 years old? Curious about the gay community and the faces behind gay activism in Singapore? This is YOUR chance now!

Details

Date: 15 October 2011, Saturday

Time: 10 am – 5 pm

Fee: S$5 for light snacks (you may donate more, if you wish)

Venue will be made known to registered participants.

Fun activities will be conducted and participants will be able to mingle and make friends in a safe setting.

Sounds good? Let us throw in a surprise.

As an added bonus, Check-In 3 is proud to bring you NewUrbanMale.com and ZAPI Shoes as our official sponsors. All registered participants will receive complimentary gifts from them!

Get a sneak peek of what you may be receiving by:

1) Clicking "Like" on NewUrbanMale.com facebook page here and ZAPI Shoes facebook page here.

2) Visiting NewUrbanMale.com website here and ZAPI Shoes website here.

So how do you register?

Send your name, age and contact number to sgrainbow@gmail.com by 1 October 2011. Registration is on first-come-first-serve basis, so hurry! Limited places available.

Edited by fizzy

eh so the 18th september thing still on? i was thinking of bringing it forward to 9 september instead :P if u guys are agreaable la or make a second one on 9 september for some starbucks chill chat session..

so how how :o

I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth

eh so the 18th september thing still on? i was thinking of bringing it forward to 9 september instead :P if u guys are agreaable la or make a second one on 9 september for some starbucks chill chat session.. so how how :o

Prefers Saturday though. I don't know who the organiser is... Pls confirm if there is one, otherwise people will start roaming about aimlessly...

Will you be my valentine's? :D

How was the response? Wasn't someone consolidating?

maybe someone should make a polling thread so its easier. pls somebody :whistle:

I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth

Guest ongwsjackson

Yeah all these sandy playgrounds were damn smelly. I remember digging up all the shit back then. Oh but I did always pee in the watermelon cave. Was young, don't judge. ;)

And hello, born in 1989.

Edited by jacksonongws